Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Brotherhood of Shadow: Solomon's Revenge

Page: 10 of 18
 Marius Fett
08-19-2009, 10:08 PM
 jxxx22
08-19-2009, 10:14 PM
I've never been able to replicate this bug, so it's pretty difficult to fix. Is their any way of finding what caused KOTOR to crash via an error report or something? I'm not really sure.

I gave the Windows crash report a look and i couldn't find anything useful. But it appears that the mining camp 1 crash will occur after you fight the two employees and then turn around and face the the entrance (from the residential level, 100% crash probability, at least for me).

The save included is an old save, and was made at a time wh[en multiple mods were installed. The quest entry must be from one of those old mods.

Negative. I loaded one of my saves.
Hm, i checked my savegames and it appears that this entry is added during the part where you must find the terminal to unlock the storage room.
 MishraArtificer
08-21-2009, 1:27 AM
...if it weren't for the credits you put in, Silver, I'd have thought this was part of the game. Honestly, well done.

Finished the Female LS campaign, and......got the black screen bug on the Orion when the Republic troops stormed the ship. Just restart the game and it fixes itself. KOTOR did that to me once or twice before installing Solomon's Revenge, so no big deal on my end. (Also, digged the 300 references.)

Before that, however, I encountered a rather odd bug while playing as Sera Degana when she's just been brought aboard the Orion for the first time, where Kobayashi warps into Sera's body, and you get stuck. Did that twice before I realized I had the "Turbo" cheat enabled, however, so that may have done it. I restarted the game, reloaded the save and it fixed itself.

Then in the Temple of Shadow, after getting all of your gear after Verbal frees you from the (INVISIBLE) force cages (that look like computer consoles), there were 2 Kobayashi's following me around: one in the party with 2 blaster pistols, and one not in the party with a vibrosword. He vanished after the next load screen, but it would have been nice if he'd stuck around and helped too.

So there's a dangling vine hanging in the Temple of Shadow's inner chamber above Channa Mae? Is that supposed to be there?

On Mandalore's ship, the console Shadow accesses to hack the Mandie's comm systems is a backback and Malak has no combat animations. He just sort of starts forward and leaves all the work to Shadow and me.

I found the non-canon key...and finally figured out that Pazaak plays to 20 NOT 21...and I found the non-canon footlocker...then I left the new areas, boarded the ship, worked at my workbench, and left the ship to level everyone...and THEN it died. The save never finished saving. It hung up and caused my compy to crash back to the desktop. One of your non-canon items, maybe? I'll try to replicate the bug tonight.

Loading times increased considerably when I reached the mod, but that may have been due to heat buildup. My laptop doesn't cool very well.
...and DON'T RETIRE FROM MODDING, TEAM GIZKA NEEDS YOU!:thmbup1:

Because if you can bring to bear on KOTOR II even half the abilities you've shown on this mod?

Dude.

:eek:
 Lord of Hunger
08-21-2009, 5:48 AM
Before that, however, I encountered a rather odd bug while playing as Sera Degana when she's just been brought aboard the Orion for the first time, where Kobayashi warps into Sera's body, and you get stuck. Did that twice before I realized I had the "Turbo" cheat enabled, however, so that may have done it. I restarted the game, reloaded the save and it fixed itself.
I got this t0o my first playthrough. Very annoying bug.
 Jkmc
08-21-2009, 4:14 PM
Overall an excellent mod (it is refreshing and a nice break from the search for the star maps).

Although I did encounter a rather odd glitch: While in the main chamber of the Temple of Shadow, just after defeating Solomon and Akirakan Sin makes his appearance, Sin's model is replaced with one of the faces from the character selection screen (the one with long brownish hair) and the clothing is that of a republic soldier. Also when Verbal is just about to set off the detonators, his model is replaced with that of a Sith soldier (blackish/gray hair and razor-like scars on the sides of his forehead.)

The beach glitch (which takes you to the unknown planet) was funny in my opinion, but I can understand why you're fixing it.

Apart from the few glitches that were mentioned here (and before by other members, i.e. crashes), this was an excellent mod that definitely made the game worth playing through again.

And to those of you who found the boss battles difficult, two words: Master Speed.
 jxxx22
08-21-2009, 8:45 PM
I've played and almost finished the entire mod (one sidequest remaining only). Here are my thoughts:

I think i found something useful about the mining cave crash.
I was returning from the Korriban Wastes after finishing the main quest and once i entered the cave i couldn't return to the residential level without crashing, no matter what path i take, so every single time i was crashing when facing the intersection where the path splits to both mining camp 1 and 2.
I was almost giving up and warping, but then i changed my graphics options and it worked, no more crashes. I disabled grasses and shadows, set texture to low, disabled AA and AN, frame buffer effects and soft shadow.
Here is my graphics configuration that was resulting in the crash, perhaps now you may be able to replicate the crash. Shadow and grasses activated, textures high, AA 4x, AN 8x, frame buffer effects and soft shadows activated.

Something i found to be very annoying are the alien speeches, since you can not understand what they say, you are limited with reading the subtitles, but some of the sentences have too many characters, some of them with even 4 or 5 lines, making it extremly hard if not impossible to read them with the limited amount of time of the speech. Perhaps in the next patch you could limit the number of characters per line.

Many of the new modules need some polish. Some of them have dissapearing textures, the character won't be able to move during combat or afterwards, and i got stuck in many areas or "teleported" and stuck in the air.

The bosses in Solomon's Revenge are overpowered and make the fight not so epic nor enjoyable, because all you will do is spam something on them to avoid getting killed, i enjoyed the bosses fights in The Brotherhood of Shadow way more than i enjoyed those from Solomon's Revenge, in fact, i was full of frustation in those fights and the bug i cited above where your character gets stuck in those modules made the fights even harder and frustating.
Now, i do enjoy a challenge but, making the enemy boss with greater stats while playing a time-based combat game in my humble opinion is cheap, i should enjoy way more if instead of giving them powers like statis to spam and overpowered damage values, you give them a greater will, reflex and fortitude, the fight will last longer and itwill be more enjoyable.
Also some of these fights you can't pause in the beggining to set your strategy and commands more quickly, making it even harder.

Here is something i do not care, i enjoyed the story the way it is, im just posting for mere information. When the advisors betrays Akirakon Sin, they say they will become the the first Sith Lords, who will reign using strength, thus creating the sith ideology. Now im not 100% sure, but if i recall correct the first Sith Lords were the Dark Jedi who were exiled to Korriban after losing their war against the Jedi, the Sith (specie) found their command of the Force as something supernatural, and thus worshipped them as gods and the first Sith Lords were born.

Despites it's problems, i found your work amazing, both story wise and how you managed to reskin some of the modules, put some of the items co-existing with the current story, and the voice acting. In my humble opinion this mod was a masterpiece and well thought. I can't help but wonder what should've happened if you had access to more resources, such as the source code of the game.
I'll be recommending your mod to my friends, and it's definitely going to be installed if i ever plan to do another playthrough.
 Jkmc
08-22-2009, 12:14 AM
Here is something i do not care, i enjoyed the story the way it is, im just posting for mere information. When the advisors betrays Akirakon Sin, they say they will become the the first Sith Lords, who will reign using strength, thus creating the sith ideology. Now im not 100% sure, but if i recall correct the first Sith Lords were the Dark Jedi who were exiled to Korriban after losing their war against the Jedi, the Sith (specie) found their command of the Force as something supernatural, and thus worshipped them as gods and the first Sith Lords were born.

If I recall rightly, the Sith you refer to were not the original species, but former Jedi who were exiled for breaking the Code. The Sith referred to in this mod are the actual species and the term "Sith Lord" originated here, only to be later perverted by the exiled former-Jedi.
 Lord of Hunger
08-22-2009, 1:43 AM
What I think Silver suggests in BOSSR is that the Sith species were corrupted and when they were taken over by the Dark Jedi Exiles, they passed on that corruption in the form of the Sith ideology and culture over time. The combined corruption resulted in the Dark Empire of Marka Ragnos, Tulak Hord, and Naga Sadow.

Had Akirakon Sin went on to rule the Sith, the Dark Jedi Exiles might not have taken over the Sith species due to the power of the Brotherhood of Shadow, leaving Sin to go and expand his Empire with Sith teachings that were very similar to the Echani and Mandalorians. Kreia/Darth Traya actually tried to purify the Sith teachings of the unnecessary backstabbing, random cruelty, and insane drive to hack Jedi younglings into little pieces, but failed. Revan's teachings were likely similar but wound up being undone by Malak. The corruption of the Advisors apparently can not be undone.
 Daos300
08-23-2009, 4:42 AM
I was thinking the same thing Lord of Hunger.

Question real fast for SE.
Whatever happened to Daemon Drexl? I mean I don't think Mec'hanic ever mentions what he did with him throughout the entire story of Solomon's Revenge. I'm just curious is all.
 Silveredge9
08-24-2009, 4:20 PM
[HIDDEN]So there's a dangling vine hanging in the Temple of Shadow's inner chamber above Channa Mae? Is that supposed to be there?

On Mandalore's ship, the console Shadow accesses to hack the Mandie's comm systems is a backback and Malak has no combat animations. He just sort of starts forward and leaves all the work to Shadow and me.

I found the non-canon key...and finally figured out that Pazaak plays to 20 NOT 21...and I found the non-canon footlocker...then I left the new areas, boarded the ship, worked at my workbench, and left the ship to level everyone...and THEN it died. The save never finished saving. It hung up and caused my compy to crash back to the desktop. One of your non-canon items, maybe? I'll try to replicate the bug tonight.
Sounds like your having some serious issues with 2DA's. Have you installed any other mods which use 2DA's since installing BoS:SR? Because if so, they will have overwritten the ones used with BoS:SR. The best thing to do would be to clear your override, reinstall the mod, load an earlier save, and then see if the problems persist.

Perhaps in the next patch you could limit the number of characters per line.This won't be revised.

Many of the new modules need some polish. Some of them have dissapearing textures, the character won't be able to move during combat or afterwards, and i got stuck in many areas or "teleported" and stuck in the air.Never experienced or heard anything like this. On what modules do textures disappear?

The bosses in Solomon's Revenge are overpowered and make the fight not so epic nor enjoyable, because all you will do is spam something on them to avoid getting killed, i enjoyed the bosses fights in The Brotherhood of Shadow way more than i enjoyed those from Solomon's Revenge, in fact, i was full of frustation in those fights and the bug i cited above where your character gets stuck in those modules made the fights even harder and frustating.
Now, i do enjoy a challenge but, making the enemy boss with greater stats while playing a time-based combat game in my humble opinion is cheap, i should enjoy way more if instead of giving them powers like statis to spam and overpowered damage values, you give them a greater will, reflex and fortitude, the fight will last longer and itwill be more enjoyable.
Also some of these fights you can't pause in the beggining to set your strategy and commands more quickly, making it even harder.Boss difficulty has been revised in the 1.1 patch. No further revisions will take place.

Question real fast for SE.
Whatever happened to Daemon Drexl? I mean I don't think Mec'hanic ever mentions what he did with him throughout the entire story of Solomon's Revenge. I'm just curious is all.He cuts his hair and becomes General Vaklu's evil doppelganger.
 jxxx22
08-24-2009, 6:11 PM
Never experienced or heard anything like this. On what modules do textures disappear?

Korriban Wastes reskinned drove module, the rocks there will dissapear if you get too close.
Mandalore's ship last module, where you fight Mandalore, i got stuck a lot there, both in the air and in the ground. Same thing with the secret cave module in the Korriban Wastes, just before entering The Temple of Shadow and Korriban Wastes while as Akirakon Sin.
There are some more modules which i experienced some textures dissapearing and got stuck and i needed to reload a quick save, all which were added by BoS:SR, though i can't remember them now.
 MishraArtificer
08-24-2009, 10:20 PM
Sounds like your having some serious issues with 2DA's. Have you installed any other mods which use 2DA's since installing BoS:SR? Because if so, they will have overwritten the ones used with BoS:SR. The best thing to do would be to clear your override, reinstall the mod, load an earlier save, and then see if the problems persist.I will do that, but it shouldn't be an issue as per your request in the readme, I installed Soloman's Revenge LAST. It might also be the computer, as I'm running it on an old laptop with a P4 based Pentium Mobile and an ATI Mobility Radeon 9000.
 wtfiforgotmysn
08-28-2009, 5:54 AM
Hey Silver, really excited to play this mod.

I've got a bug to report.. that other people have previously brought up, but haven't followed up on.

I JUST finished the leviathan portion of the game. Just got off the ship, and I flew back to the Cantina in Korriban. Drix isn't there.. he hasn't spawned.

I'm installing everything into a fresh override folder now. Hoping I get more luck with that.

Edit: Well. A clean Override folder, and Drix still isn't there..

Like I mentioned. I just finished the Leviathan portion, so he should be there, right?

Edit 2: Found a really odd work around. I had my save file right inside The Drunk Side cantina.

I cleared out my override folder again, and installed the original BoS. Booted up my game, and Drix was there. I talked to him, and got my journal entry to go to Tatooine. Saved my game in a new slot, as to not override my other file.. and exited the game.

Cleared out my override file, and installed Solomon's Revenge and it's patch. I first loaded the original save file, and Drix still wasn't there. Loaded in the save file AFTER I had spoken to Drix, and he was there? Don't know how to explain that one, but wanted to send the word forward.
 illegalcheese
08-28-2009, 8:14 PM
I'd just like to say, this mod rocks so far. I do have a problem/glitch, though.

When I start the black robed man quest and go to korriban, nothing happens. No quest starts up, I can't go back in the sith academy. No one tells me anything new and I can't see anyone new who would start a quest. Am I overlooking something or do I need to reinstall. Also, Shadow randomly starts talking to me (i.e., a conversation with shadow starts up) even though I didn't click on her or do anything, sort of like the random convos you get with the npc, only with Shadow, she doesn't offer anything new. I think this qualifies as a glitch.
 Laar_Dha
08-28-2009, 10:25 PM
Yes, it can be done: with a bit of tinkering.
http://i778.photobucket.com/albums/yy65/Laar_Dha/BoSSR1.jpg)
http://i778.photobucket.com/albums/yy65/Laar_Dha/BoSSR3.jpg)
The problem with running BoS is some of the file formats won't work with the Mac version of the game. So I'll try to describe what I did to get it running; installing follows the manual install directions except for the following:

The .bik movies have to be converted to Quicktime .mov format in order to play properly. Unfortunately, as far as I can tell, the only way to convert them out of .bik format is with Rad Tools Bink Converter (Windows only, I'm afraid). Once converted to .avi format, Quicktime can easily open and save the files to the .mov format. Then they go into the movies folder.

The mp3 files won't play unless you change the extension name to .wav. DO NOT convert the files to wav format - they won't work. Then they go into streammusic and streamwaves as per installation instructions.

The next tricky part is installing the 1.1 patch (which you really need). Since TSLPatcher doesn't work on Mac OS, it''s got to be done manually. The following files go in your override folder:

astro.dlg
bos_shabat.utp
bos_channa2.dlg
bos_shabat2.ncs
bos_czerkadoor2.ncs
bos_shabat2.utp
bos_czerkadoor4.ncs
cir_dancejournzl.ncs
bos_haryar.ncs
cir_onenter.ncs
bos_haryar2.ncs
end.dlg
bos_kob2.dlg
end2.dlg
bos_liftthing2b.ncs
matilda.dlg
bos_liftthing2z.ncs
orn_fadein.ncs
bos_mainliftb.ncs
sales_person.dlg
bos_mandaxe.uti
sith_saberz.ncs
bos_mandaxe2.uti
tem_blatrig3.dlg
bos_plotkey.uti
tem_channawake.ncs
bos_shabat.ncs
tem_unequip.ncs

Ignore the other files in the tslpatchdata folder; they are source files and files used by TSLPatcher to patch modules. Since TSLPatcher isn't an option; you need another way to get the modules patched. What I did, was copy the patched files from the modules folder in the Windows version. (I was lazy and let TSLPatcher do the work.) You need copies of the following 21 mod files to drop into the Modules folder on your Mac:

bos_bridge.mod
bos_circle.mod
bos_czerka.mod
bos_czerka2.mod
bos_czerka4.mod
bos_orion2.mod
bos_taris.mod
bos_tem3.mod
bos_sewers.mod
bos_sintem.mod
bos_stage1.mod
bos_stage2.mod
bos_stage3.mod
bos_stage4.mod
bos_wastes2.mod
bos_wastes4.mod
ship.mod
ship4.mod
ship5.mod
vision1.mod
vision3.mod

System Notes: If your system is just meeting the minimum requirements for KOTOR, you are going to have some trouble. There are some pretty graphics intense sections, turning your graphics options all the way down may help. I did most of my playing on a PowerBook G4 1.67 GHz, 512 Mb Ram, ATI Radeon 9700 Mobility w/ 64 MB vram. Increasing the ram to 1Gb helped a wee bit, but this system did have some problems with audio and with some lagging in the really busy scenarios. On a Power Mac G5 2.0 GHz dual core PPC, 2.5 GB Ram, Nvidia 6600 LE w/ 128Mb vram, the mod ran a whole lot smoother. But I still had to turn down the graphics in a few areas. I suspect that a better graphics card and a sound card should eliminate the problems. I don't know about Intel Macs, but jeb2104 is going to try it out. If you have problems, PM me and I'll be glad to try and help. Also, any improvements from other Mac folks would be great.

That's all you need; time to enjoy! Laar Dha

If you don't want to fix up the files yourself, I've put them all together for you. Here is the link for now:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=UFM43YP5)
 Silveredge9
08-29-2009, 9:33 AM
Korriban Wastes reskinned drove module, the rocks there will dissapear if you get too close.
Mandalore's ship last module, where you fight Mandalore, i got stuck a lot there, both in the air and in the ground. Same thing with the secret cave module in the Korriban Wastes, just before entering The Temple of Shadow and Korriban Wastes while as Akirakon Sin.
There are some more modules which i experienced some textures dissapearing and got stuck and i needed to reload a quick save, all which were added by BoS:SR, though i can't remember them now.The rocks disappearing I'm aware of, and it's an issue that cannot be resolved. No ideas about the rest. Are you running vista, or XP?

Hey Silver, really excited to play this mod.

I've got a bug to report.. that other people have previously brought up, but haven't followed up on.

I JUST finished the leviathan portion of the game. Just got off the ship, and I flew back to the Cantina in Korriban. Drix isn't there.. he hasn't spawned.

I'm installing everything into a fresh override folder now. Hoping I get more luck with that.

Edit: Well. A clean Override folder, and Drix still isn't there..

Like I mentioned. I just finished the Leviathan portion, so he should be there, right?

Edit 2: Found a really odd work around. I had my save file right inside The Drunk Side cantina.

I cleared out my override folder again, and installed the original BoS. Booted up my game, and Drix was there. I talked to him, and got my journal entry to go to Tatooine. Saved my game in a new slot, as to not override my other file.. and exited the game.

Cleared out my override file, and installed Solomon's Revenge and it's patch. I first loaded the original save file, and Drix still wasn't there. Loaded in the save file AFTER I had spoken to Drix, and he was there? Don't know how to explain that one, but wanted to send the word forward.Could you send me a save you've made inside the Dreshdae area without Drix having spawned. I'll take a look and see what I can find.

Also, installing the original BoS, playing, and then installing Solomon's Revenge is a bad idea, and will surely lead to issues somewhere down the line.

I'd just like to say, this mod rocks so far. I do have a problem/glitch, though.

When I start the black robed man quest and go to korriban, nothing happens. No quest starts up, I can't go back in the sith academy. No one tells me anything new and I can't see anyone new who would start a quest. Am I overlooking something or do I need to reinstall. Also, Shadow randomly starts talking to me (i.e., a conversation with shadow starts up) even though I didn't click on her or do anything, sort of like the random convos you get with the npc, only with Shadow, she doesn't offer anything new. I think this qualifies as a glitch.[HIDDEN]So just to confirm, after you complete the original BoS, enter the Ebon Hawk, play through Shadow's vision, speak to Shadow, then exit at Dreshdae, nothing happens?

Since TSLPatcher doesn't work on Mac OS, it''s got to be done manually. The following files go in your override folder:
This won't really do much. Most of the alterations for the patch are done to existing files through tslpatcher, rather than copying a "fixed" version of the file into the override folder.
 Laar_Dha
08-29-2009, 1:24 PM
This won't really do much. Most of the alterations for the patch are done to existing files through tslpatcher, rather than copying a "fixed" version of the file into the override folder.

That's why I copied these files after I ran TSLPatcher on my Window's version of KOTOR. These are all the modules that TSLPatcher modified. I used the install log to track which files had been modified, which were replaced and which were additions. The files that were replaced or added to the Override folder aren't a problem, so the only copying I did was the modules that TSLPatcher had changed. It does seem to work, anyway. :)
 Silveredge9
08-30-2009, 9:22 AM
That's why I copied these files after I ran TSLPatcher on my Window's version of KOTOR. These are all the modules that TSLPatcher modified. I used the install log to track which files had been modified, which were replaced and which were additions. The files that were replaced or added to the Override folder aren't a problem, so the only copying I did was the modules that TSLPatcher had changed. It does seem to work, anyway. :)That's fine. I guess I must've missed that part in your original post. :P
 Laar_Dha
08-30-2009, 10:54 AM
That's fine. I guess I must've missed that part in your original post. :P

That's ok.:) I wondered if that was what happened. Had me worried :confused: there for a bit.
 Exile007
08-30-2009, 1:42 PM
Someone may have already said this, but I think I found something easter-egg like. :p

http://img15.imageshack.us/img15/9610/swkotor2009083009382014.jpg)

Dead Gizka on Mandalore's Ship ftw. :D
 Quanon
08-30-2009, 5:24 PM
There are some more modules which i experienced some textures dissapearing and got stuck and i needed to reload a quick save, all which were added by BoS:SR, though i can't remember them now.

Hmm, looks like you have a lot of troubles with my levels :(

Back then I was a rookie, it would be less "broken" if I made them know... but so far you've been the only one reporting such heavy faults.

Only tip I can give, when you get stuck, press Tab or click on a portrait of another party member, so you switch to them.

This will get you loose from being stuck, else quickly save and reload if i really keeps being annoying.

That is ofcourse annoying, but there's not much I can do about it.
 tryguy
08-31-2009, 3:26 AM
Well, I thought I had a problem, but it turns out that the game must have just freaked out for some reason. I quit, went back to an older save file, and what I was experiencing is totally different than what I was trying to make sense of before. So, nothing to report, I guess.

I really like this mod. I like seeing the background of Shadow, the conflicting ideologies. It's very well thought out. :) I'm going to go back to playing, and then I'll come back and tell you my overall impression of it. As of now, it's very good. Oh, and I'm up to the part where Shadow's been knocked out in the mining caves, playing at being the Sith survivor.
 wtfiforgotmysn
08-31-2009, 7:19 AM
Could you send me a save you've made inside the Dreshdae area without Drix having spawned. I'll take a look and see what I can find.

Also, installing the original BoS, playing, and then installing Solomon's Revenge is a bad idea, and will surely lead to issues somewhere down the line.

Sure thing.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=14BEMUFP)

Is there anything I can do to 'uninstall' the original BoS, rather than wiping the override folder clean again?
 Silveredge9
08-31-2009, 1:04 PM
Someone may have already said this, but I think I found something easter-egg like. :p

http://img15.imageshack.us/img15/9610/swkotor2009083009382014.jpg)

Dead Gizka on Mandalore's Ship ftw. :DThat is a easter egg, but not the easter egg that I'm still waiting for peeps to find. Incidentally, this easter egg also involves a Gizka. :P

Sure thing.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=14BEMUFP)

Is there anything I can do to 'uninstall' the original BoS, rather than wiping the override folder clean again?Right, I'll look into it and post my findings.

And there's no quick and easy way to uninstall any large mod without first clearing your override. Though BoS:SR was designed to be installed right on top of the original BoS, so it shouldn't cause any errors.
 Exile007
08-31-2009, 3:03 PM
That is a easter egg, but not the easter egg that I'm still waiting for peeps to find. Incidentally, this easter egg also involves a Gizka. :P

I'll keep playing then. :)

I'm still blown away by this mod though. :p
 tryguy
08-31-2009, 11:40 PM
Me again. I've just finished the BOS:SR storyline. Overall it was impressively good. I especially liked the back stories and philosophical debates that the characters played with.

Balance was a big problem for me, having installed the Hardcore Mod, playing on hard, I wasn't sure if the enemies were meant to be as hard as they were, and for the circle battles, I literally had to cheat and get the save game editor to equip my character properly to face that kind of challenge. And that detracted from it. I don't like cheating, but I hate when I see cheating happening in the game. And who's the biggest cheater? Akirakon Sin. And then we're supposed to have pity for the "Last King of the Sith" because he got bested by his advises? He's the worst character, specifically because of how he's fighting in the last battles. Why make him invulnerable? I had to devote every third turn to choking him out of my way, and to me, that was just wasted force points. Before I increased my stats (to equalize things), I couldn't even mass panic the groups of thugs. Well, I got my stats up to the point where there were about 3 falures out of 10, and I thought that was pretty realistic. But using those same stats at the later part of the game is just rediculous with Akirakon Sin throwing status on me whenever he felt like, and me being unable to choke him 3 times in a row. So, that's why, in the final battles (on the Sith ship, and then at the Ratakan temple) my stats were 200 on each. Over board? Yes, definitely. Sick and tired of the cheatry inherent in this mod? Yes, definitely.

Once the distractions were out of the way, and Akirakon was killable, then I put my stats back to normal, and yes, that battle was hard. But, it was fun because it was possible. Same with Mandalore's fight. I left my stats at normal, and he was fierce, and I lost lots of times, but the fight was evenly matched, and that was fun. So, what I'm saying is, I liked certain parts of the fights, but other parts were totally retarded and I had to take underhanded action just to correct the balance. What I really hated was that Akirakon Sin having such free reign to assult me, without restriction. Really, I have no sympathy for the guy. When the question about passing along the brotherhood power came up, I wanted to reject it, and on top of that, to tell him I'd make sure to destroy all trace of them when I got out. That's the response I wanted there to be. But was it? No, there was just "Oh, I understand why you tried to take over my body and reign destruction over the Sith Empire because you were bested by the advisors. And guess what? I'm going to destroy the Sith anyways, so I'll do your work for you. Since you're such a great guy. I mean that. You have so much to feel agreived about that I just have to make it up to you."

Yeah, instead of that, I wanted to reject them entirely and destroy them from history. I mean, really... I hate the guy, and he deserves all that happened to him. Specifically, because of the way he fights. The Cheater.

Oh, and the same kinds of things could be leveled against Solomon. Only, it wasn't because of how he fought. He was very easy, in all the fights except the one in Taris (which was impossible until I balanced things out). But, he died. I checked his pulse, and he was dead. So, he shouldn't have been able to start running outside. He should have had an ignoble end for what he tried to do. Instead, he gets a hero's end? There should be a way to desecrate his grave when it's all over! Truly.

So, the story was good, but it left a nasty aftertaste with me. Definitely worth playing through. I loved finding out all about Sara Degana. I understand her transformation at the end. I'm at peace with how the three left. I could easily see them in another adventure, and they're pretty likable, so... :) So, the good guys were nice. The bad guys were dispicable and without any merit. Solomon learned what was what in the end, but he shouldn't have gotten that opportunity. He should have died after calling to the brotherhood to embody him. That guy was a loser, and he should have died a loser.

For the record, Akirakon Sin was more likable than Solomon, but he didn't deserve any pity from me. They both just need to die.

Now, compare that attitude with the offical KOTOR stories. Bad guys: Bastila, Malak, Atreyous, etc. I don't get the sort of negative associations I do with them that I have done with your inventions. Why is that? Perhaps it's because their stories were told over a longer arc, and proper feelings of pity and understanding come up for them. I know the same things were (attempted) done with Akirakon and Solmon, but for whatever reason, they're just not characters I want to give time to. It's mainly because of the cheating they do, and because of their wrongful motivations.

I dunno. I very much liked playing through this mod, and I thank you for making it, Silveredge9 I have issues with it, and as I said, it's got a bitter aftertaste for me, but I'll remember some key moments with fondness. The battle with Mandalore the Ultimate was great! I resented only having a single lightsaber and no equipment. As if Revan would have gone in like that, with an un-upgraded lightsaber. As if. Oh, and I must say, the whole mandalorian level was great. Battling through all the battle-hardened vets was cool. Out of everything, that was my favorite. The circle battles where an abomination, made especially bad because Akirakon Sin was invulnerable throughout. Invulnerable and annoying. Really, really annoying. And that's why he deserved no pity at the end.

And as I said before, Solomon should have died an ignoble death. He's a retard for pretending to be such a celebrated "Master Jedi" and "Battle Master" and being so incompetant at fighting. But, beyond that, I really dislike the guy. Highly unlikable. God, I wish I could desecrate that grave...

I'll leave it here. These are just my raw thoughts after just playing through the mod. I might have a different perspective in a week's time, but I'd say my opinion on the characters won't change. I liked Madorlore! All his speaches and the fact that he tried to recruit Revan at the end was super. And the battle arena was breathtaking. If there's anything I'll be remembering, it's Shadow's lovable greating at the start, her journey at the side of Revan, and then her parting, to pursue her own life. That all made sense, and it was enjoyable to witness.

I'm off to finish up the game. I'm not sure when I'll next be playing KOTOR, but maybe I'll give it all another go in another 5 years. Thanks again, Silveredge9.

Oh, and I don't think I encountered any bugs to speak of.

Thanks, and goodbye.
 Lord of Hunger
09-01-2009, 3:45 AM
Interesting perspective, though you should really use tags.

[HIDDEN]Personally although the annoying degree of difficult got to me as well, I positively loved the character of Akirakon Sin. If he were canon, his existence would destroy the fundamental morality system of Star Wars. He would be proof that being a Sith or pursuing passion does not make one evil, rather it is betrayal and random cruelty that warped the Sith into something far lesser than they truly are. The way that Silveredge9 created this explanation as to how the Sith got to where they are is perfect because it shows how titles and beliefs do not make one evil but rather what one does in the name of those titles and beliefs.

I do sort of agree with you on Solomon. Granted he is also the opposite of Solomon in that while Akirakon is the good Sith, Solomon is the bad Jedi, so he completes what Silver is trying to show us. However, it sometimes irks me how Solomon get's a "get out of jail free card". Yes he turns away from revenge and gives up his life to save Kobayashi, but somehow I don't think that can atone for what he did. He should get an ignoble death, but he should not die with glory.

But then again, Silver probably didn't see it that way when he wrote the script. It's all how you look at it. Personally, Solomon's Revenge lived up to my expectations. The original BOS got me attached to the awesome character of Akirakon Sin. In that version he wasn't outright evil, he just was opposed to abstractions and actually helped Revan deal with his/her own past. At first in the remade BOS, Akirakon seemed a bit more like an outright bad guy, but then you experience SR and you find out that he's a great tragic hero. If anyone deserves to be the King of the Sith/Dark Lord of the Sith/Sith Emperor, it was this guy.

When it comes down to, I think Silver just made some bad choices in difficulty settings that wound up taking away from Akirakon's awesome character. And wow, I'm repeating myself. :D
 Silveredge9
09-01-2009, 9:48 AM
Me again. I've just finished the BOS:SR storyline. Overall it was impressively good. I especially liked the back stories and philosophical debates that the characters played with.

Balance was a big problem for me, having installed the Hardcore Mod, playing on hard, I wasn't sure if the enemies were meant to be as hard as they were, and for the circle battles, I literally had to cheat and get the save game editor to equip my character properly to face that kind of challenge. And that detracted from it. I don't like cheating, but I hate when I see cheating happening in the game. And who's the biggest cheater? Akirakon Sin. And then we're supposed to have pity for the "Last King of the Sith" because he got bested by his advises? He's the worst character, specifically because of how he's fighting in the last battles. Why make him invulnerable? I had to devote every third turn to choking him out of my way, and to me, that was just wasted force points. Before I increased my stats (to equalize things), I couldn't even mass panic the groups of thugs. Well, I got my stats up to the point where there were about 3 falures out of 10, and I thought that was pretty realistic. But using those same stats at the later part of the game is just rediculous with Akirakon Sin throwing status on me whenever he felt like, and me being unable to choke him 3 times in a row. So, that's why, in the final battles (on the Sith ship, and then at the Ratakan temple) my stats were 200 on each. Over board? Yes, definitely. Sick and tired of the cheatry inherent in this mod? Yes, definitely.

Once the distractions were out of the way, and Akirakon was killable, then I put my stats back to normal, and yes, that battle was hard. But, it was fun because it was possible. Same with Mandalore's fight. I left my stats at normal, and he was fierce, and I lost lots of times, but the fight was evenly matched, and that was fun. So, what I'm saying is, I liked certain parts of the fights, but other parts were totally retarded and I had to take underhanded action just to correct the balance. What I really hated was that Akirakon Sin having such free reign to assult me, without restriction. Really, I have no sympathy for the guy. When the question about passing along the brotherhood power came up, I wanted to reject it, and on top of that, to tell him I'd make sure to destroy all trace of them when I got out. That's the response I wanted there to be. But was it? No, there was just "Oh, I understand why you tried to take over my body and reign destruction over the Sith Empire because you were bested by the advisors. And guess what? I'm going to destroy the Sith anyways, so I'll do your work for you. Since you're such a great guy. I mean that. You have so much to feel agreived about that I just have to make it up to you."

Yeah, instead of that, I wanted to reject them entirely and destroy them from history. I mean, really... I hate the guy, and he deserves all that happened to him. Specifically, because of the way he fights. The Cheater.

Oh, and the same kinds of things could be leveled against Solomon. Only, it wasn't because of how he fought. He was very easy, in all the fights except the one in Taris (which was impossible until I balanced things out). But, he died. I checked his pulse, and he was dead. So, he shouldn't have been able to start running outside. He should have had an ignoble end for what he tried to do. Instead, he gets a hero's end? There should be a way to desecrate his grave when it's all over! Truly.

So, the story was good, but it left a nasty aftertaste with me. Definitely worth playing through. I loved finding out all about Sara Degana. I understand her transformation at the end. I'm at peace with how the three left. I could easily see them in another adventure, and they're pretty likable, so... :) So, the good guys were nice. The bad guys were dispicable and without any merit. Solomon learned what was what in the end, but he shouldn't have gotten that opportunity. He should have died after calling to the brotherhood to embody him. That guy was a loser, and he should have died a loser.

For the record, Akirakon Sin was more likable than Solomon, but he didn't deserve any pity from me. They both just need to die.

Now, compare that attitude with the offical KOTOR stories. Bad guys: Bastila, Malak, Atreyous, etc. I don't get the sort of negative associations I do with them that I have done with your inventions. Why is that? Perhaps it's because their stories were told over a longer arc, and proper feelings of pity and understanding come up for them. I know the same things were (attempted) done with Akirakon and Solmon, but for whatever reason, they're just not characters I want to give time to. It's mainly because of the cheating they do, and because of their wrongful motivations.

I dunno. I very much liked playing through this mod, and I thank you for making it, Silveredge9 I have issues with it, and as I said, it's got a bitter aftertaste for me, but I'll remember some key moments with fondness. The battle with Mandalore the Ultimate was great! I resented only having a single lightsaber and no equipment. As if Revan would have gone in like that, with an un-upgraded lightsaber. As if. Oh, and I must say, the whole mandalorian level was great. Battling through all the battle-hardened vets was cool. Out of everything, that was my favorite. The circle battles where an abomination, made especially bad because Akirakon Sin was invulnerable throughout. Invulnerable and annoying. Really, really annoying. And that's why he deserved no pity at the end.

And as I said before, Solomon should have died an ignoble death. He's a retard for pretending to be such a celebrated "Master Jedi" and "Battle Master" and being so incompetant at fighting. But, beyond that, I really dislike the guy. Highly unlikable. God, I wish I could desecrate that grave...

I'll leave it here. These are just my raw thoughts after just playing through the mod. I might have a different perspective in a week's time, but I'd say my opinion on the characters won't change. I liked Madorlore! All his speaches and the fact that he tried to recruit Revan at the end was super. And the battle arena was breathtaking. If there's anything I'll be remembering, it's Shadow's lovable greating at the start, her journey at the side of Revan, and then her parting, to pursue her own life. That all made sense, and it was enjoyable to witness.

I'm off to finish up the game. I'm not sure when I'll next be playing KOTOR, but maybe I'll give it all another go in another 5 years. Thanks again, Silveredge9.

Oh, and I don't think I encountered any bugs to speak of.

Thanks, and goodbye.If you found some of the boss battles too difficult, then maybe you should have temporarily uninstalled the hardcore mod and turned down the difficulty level to normal. The boss battles just weren't designed around the notion that the player might not only be playing on the highest difficulty (I'll freely admit this is an oversight on my part), but also around the off chance that an external mod which increases difficulty even further might also be installed.
 helloa
09-02-2009, 12:09 AM
YES!! It worked i finished the I found all the items but why did you change the jedi crusader robe location.

How do i hide spoilers

Thanks, but how do you actually hide spoilers so i can do it myself
 Darth Ken0bi
09-05-2009, 4:58 AM
I remember playing this mod on my normal PC, was absolutely awesome.

These days I'm on a laptop and have Pre-paid net so I can not download and play again because the file is too big, but is there any chance I can get the sweet looking Jedi Crusader robes on their own? I remember using the console to get the items for the normal game and it was mad to play through with.
 TIQ27
09-06-2009, 7:27 PM
I found an interesting little bug that really should not be happening. When I enter the first area on Dantooine outside of the Jedi Enclave the game crashes for no reason after a few minutes. I have tried this several times but to no avail, and I have done a couple of uninstalls followed by clean installs of both Kotor and the Mods. I have tried running the game on the lowest resolution and skin package, I have even set the game to run on compatibility mode of Window XP Service Pack 2. Same glitch, same bug. I’ve checked the saved game attached in BOSSR and that works fine. I’ve also checked everything in Taris up until that point, and it works flawlessly.

Version of Kotor: Star Wars: Best of the PC
Operating System: Windows Vista

These Mods were installed with previous BOS without a problem:

• Red Hawke’s Make Mission a Jedi
• Red Hawke’s Make Mission a Jedi Booster Pack
• Red Hawke’s Make Carth a Jedi
• TheJediExile’s Juhani Improved
• Shem’s Robes for Korriban Sith Students
• Shem’s Feat Progression
• Shem’s Force Powers Feat Gain for KOTOR
• Shem’s Increased Attributes and Skills for KOTOR
• Shem’s Mandalorian Ultimate Mod
• Shem’s Carth’s Republic Uniform Plus
• Deadly Stream’s Lightsaber Choices V2

Newly added Mods for this play through of BOSSR:

• Sekan’s Get the Other Krayt Dragon Pearl
• Ulic’s Bendak Bounty Rework
• Sithspecter’s Revan's Flowing Cape and Belt Fix, (following Ganoesparan06’s advice for getting the robes for BOSSR on page nine of this thread)
• Lit Ridl’s Super Skip Taris
• BOSSR Patch 1.1

If anyone can help me with this problem or sees what could possibly be causing the conflict that would be most appreciated.
 luc500
09-07-2009, 4:39 AM
Isn't it obvious, KOTOR isn't made for Vista, if you have any problems it's because of your OS.
 TIQ27
09-07-2009, 11:24 AM
That's true for the original, not Best of the PC. Believe me I know I have both and have used both on Vista. Best of PC usually works flawlessly. When best of the PC was released it took Windows Vista into account when collecting the games and made the necessary changes. That's why when I check the hardware configuration everything is a go.

Nevermind, I figured it out. It was actually something very very strange. For some reason with the grass and shadows turned off the game crashes, with them turned on the game runs fine. Curious.
 TunaFissioncy
09-08-2009, 8:35 AM
I'm sure its already been asked somewhere down the line, but thats quite a few pages of posts to scan through hoping i dont miss something, so here goes: is BoS:SR compatable with redhawke's mini expansions? the jawa imporium & ord mandell, in particular.
 Random Nickos
09-08-2009, 8:53 AM
And is is compatible with Wotor?
 2Cold Scorpio
09-08-2009, 5:30 PM
I must be missing something obvious, but I seem to be stuck. I wonder if anyone can help me through this one little spot:

I'm in The Shadow's Bane (after opening the door the Mechanic was hiding behind by finding the codes and then interacting with the Artifact) and can't seem to figure out what I'm supposed to do next. I already had the brief encounter/fight with the Brother of Shadow after trying to talk to Daemon Drexl. Now, trying to talk to Drexl only results in a "[Silence]" dialog, and I can't figure out what I'm supposed to do next. I've run all over the seemingly endless white plane and have found no clue as to what to do next. In fact, the only thing I've found is Drexl.

Can anyone give me a small clue? I'm stumped. :P

Edit: Nevermind, disregard my last post. Turns out the reason I was having trouble was because the dialog/cutscene following the events I detailed didn't fire, leaving me stuck. :P It seems to be sorted now. :)
 Darth_Nemesis
09-09-2009, 1:07 AM
I like the sound of this mod. I always like mods that add stuff to Korriban. However, as much as I'd love to download it, my slow connection just can't handle the size of the download. Sorry if this has already been mentioned, but do you think you can make this a .rar file instead? I'd be able to handle that.
 FaZzZa99
09-09-2009, 3:04 AM
I like the sound of this mod. I always like mods that add stuff to Korriban. However, as much as I'd love to download it, my slow connection just can't handle the size of the download. Sorry if this has already been mentioned, but do you think you can make this a .rar file instead? I'd be able to handle that.

i do believe it is a .rar file
 Parmenides
09-11-2009, 3:32 PM
Hey, thanks for this awesome mod! Epic goodness. loving it thus far.

I have bug where I'm stuck. When playing Shadow on the Orion. I go to speak with the old captain. Thereafter the republic people are to invade because they want Shadow as prisoner. After finishing dialogue with the old captain, it seems to go to the battle (since I hear shooting) but the screen remains black as it doesn't fade back in.

I had patch 1.1 installed before I started the game on a fresh install on windows XP. And I did notice in the patch release notes:
'Fixes a bug where sometimes the screen would not fade in at the beginning of bos_orion2.mod.'
But I'm still having this problem (though I'm not sure if my problem is at the beginning or not). Reloading doesn't skip the bug. Is there anything I can do to bypass this point?

I'll game edit my way out if I have to, just not sure what to do. :)

Edit: Well, I got past it. I found the menu and saved in the midst of the blackout. Exited the game, then when I loaded the game the script started (where the guys where shooting each other) and everything worked.

Again, excellent mod thus far!
 Jkmc
09-11-2009, 10:26 PM
I found an interesting little bug that really should not be happening. When I enter the first area on Dantooine outside of the Jedi Enclave the game crashes for no reason after a few minutes. I have tried this several times but to no avail, and I have done a couple of uninstalls followed by clean installs of both Kotor and the Mods. I have tried running the game on the lowest resolution and skin package, I have even set the game to run on compatibility mode of Window XP Service Pack 2. Same glitch, same bug. I’ve checked the saved game attached in BOSSR and that works fine. I’ve also checked everything in Taris up until that point, and it works flawlessly.

Version of Kotor: Star Wars: Best of the PC
Operating System: Windows Vista

If anyone can help me with this problem or sees what could possibly be causing the conflict that would be most appreciated.

Well, I had a similar problem trying to run KotOR2 on my PC (which uses XP SP3). The game would crash upon load. In the end, I had to use the support on Lucasarts.com to find a solution (and it took some digging). What I found was that it helped to disable vertex buffers, and I have done this on both games, both of which run a lot smoother now. You might want to try this, it may or may not help (I'm not sure because the details are a little vague, as is the problem).

You have to access the swkotor configuration settings under "C:\Program Files\LucasArts\Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic\swkotor.ini" find the heading [Graphics Options] and add the following: Disable Vertex Buffer Objects=1

Hopefully this helps, otherwise you may have another type of compatibility problem.
 helloa
09-13-2009, 4:08 PM
i found an easter egg!!!!
In the override in the file pmbj54.tga in the corner there is a pic of chuck norris :D
 Kyr'am Galaar
09-13-2009, 4:10 PM
I thought that that guy looked familiar... :lol:
 jonilaht
09-14-2009, 5:24 PM
Can someone please help?

I'm in Korriban caves and trying to enter Korriban wastes, but the game doesnt load the level. Screen just fades to black, and i can move etc... I can hear walking sounds etc...

Is there some cheat or something to get to wastes?
 Parmenides
09-14-2009, 9:19 PM
Can someone please help?

I'm in Korriban caves and trying to enter Korriban wastes, but the game doesnt load the level. Screen just fades to black, and i can move etc... I can hear walking sounds etc...

Sounds like a problem I had. Try clicking in the corners of the screen until you can find the menu. Save the game. Exit the game (maybe reboot for good measure) then load the save.
 ZimmMaster
09-14-2009, 10:35 PM
I am having major problems with my KOTOR game right now. After several tests including seven re-installations. I have reduced that it is the BOS:SR that is causing my problem. My KotOR Game is crashing at random times. Sometimes the texures are all wierd looking, when I try to open the character screen (the screen with your attribute levels) it crashes. When I transit to another level, it crashes, when I enter a cutscene it crashes, if I play for two minutes without doing any of the above, it crashes anyway. I really need some help here.
 Zerath
09-15-2009, 1:00 AM
I'm having an issue, and I really think it os BOS:SR cauisng it. I'm on the Leviathan (sorry if this was brought up before) fighting Malak the second time. After I beat him, instead of Bastila charging in, it cuts to the talk you have with Carth and Bastila in deciding what party member will bust you out of prison...Afterwards, you're just stuck in the room.

I have a few other mods installed, and I would uninstall them all but BOS:SR, but at this point...SOme of the ones are the Bastila Inprovement mod, making her model look better while letting a feamale Revan romance her, teh Recruitable Kay mod that replaces Juhanni...I don't want to get rid of those after doing everything in the game that dealt with them. So is there anything I can do?

And I have used the patch, by the way, in case that had been an issue before...
 jonilaht
09-15-2009, 4:24 AM
Can someone please help?

Hmm... I tried everything yesterday, but now it worked like it should.

Oh well...

Edit: Aah... How I disable the forcefield in the mandalorian ship?

I've killed everyone on the ship and used the computer to unlock security doors, but the field is still there and one mandalorian behind it.

Edit 2: Nothing... stupid me.
 Jkmc
09-15-2009, 4:33 PM
I'm having an issue, and I really think it os BOS:SR cauisng it. I'm on the Leviathan (sorry if this was brought up before) fighting Malak the second time. After I beat him, instead of Bastila charging in, it cuts to the talk you have with Carth and Bastila in deciding what party member will bust you out of prison...Afterwards, you're just stuck in the room.

I have a few other mods installed, and I would uninstall them all but BOS:SR, but at this point...SOme of the ones are the Bastila Inprovement mod, making her model look better while letting a feamale Revan romance her, teh Recruitable Kay mod that replaces Juhanni...I don't want to get rid of those after doing everything in the game that dealt with them. So is there anything I can do?

And I have used the patch, by the way, in case that had been an issue before...

Guys, read the ReadMe's that come with the mods. Your problem is with Recruitable Kay. If you use the work-around that is enclosed with the mod (it's under the folder called bug fix) and replace the lev40_carth.dlg (It's a 14KB size file) with the one provided (which is 40KB) (be sure to keep the first one (the 40KB one), you will have to replace the one included with the mod (the 14KB file) with it again). Be sure to do this after the Leviathan, or you will reach another complication (at the end of the Unknown Planet, when you are about to leave for the Star Forge).

Also, consider this: it could not have been the BoS:SR mod because that takes effect after the Leviathan.
 Zerath
09-15-2009, 7:06 PM
Guys, read the ReadMe's that come with the mods. Your problem is with Recruitable Kay. If you use the work-around that is enclosed with the mod (it's under the folder called bug fix) and replace the lev40_carth.dlg (It's a 14KB size file) with the one provided (which is 40KB) (be sure to keep the first one (the 40KB one), you will have to replace the one included with the mod (the 14KB file) with it again). Be sure to do this after the Leviathan, or you will reach another complication (at the end of the Unknown Planet, when you are about to leave for the Star Forge).

Also, consider this: it could not have been the BoS:SR mod because that takes effect after the Leviathan.

Thanks for the help...I'm sorry, I missed that going through the ReadMe's when I first downloaded the mods.
 Seikan
09-19-2009, 10:13 AM
I have a problem in the Orion, when the captain send me to help sera degana, after founding the droid parts, i can't tell her anything about the droid parts, so I can't complete the mini quest...
Page: 10 of 18