Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Brotherhood of Shadow: Solomon's Revenge

Page: 7 of 18
 Silveredge9
06-17-2009, 9:05 AM
Found two bugs: When you, Kobayashi, and Mec'Hanic get free from the cages, and then go out into the central area, where all those guys from the Brotherhood appear, I noticed that two Kobayashis were there, except one had a sword, an another had a blaster

The second one is with the Twi'lek dancer's suit. I noticed that there are parts of Shadow's skin that look kind of gray, and it looks like you were trying to add gloves to the clothing. Should it look gray?Sounds like a script misfired somewhere. I haven't encountered that bug before, and to my knowledge, nor has anyone else.

Also I'll take a look at the texture for the suit, and see if there's anything wrong.

It's to the point where I'd write fanfic about her, but I don't know how well that would go over with you. :D
I'm happy the character has resonated with people, but for a number of reasons I'd like to keep complete creative control over all original characters featured in BoS:SR.

Also on a more general note, in this thread I tend to only directly respond to posts which focus more on the issue of bugs, and less on those focused on impressions/opinions and so on. I assure you I enjoy reading all impressions posted by people who have completed the mod, and will continue to do so. So keep 'em coming. :P

And the patch will be coming soon. I've just been a little sidetracked this past week or so with some other stuff.
 Ping
06-17-2009, 6:03 PM
I'm doing the assasanation sidequest, and I'm trying to kill Exeden Rar by summoning the temple guardians, but they don't seem to be doing any damage at all. Is this a bug, or is it a compatibility issue with Shem's Super Enhanced mod?
 neverable2
06-18-2009, 1:12 AM
I'm doing the assasanation sidequest, and I'm trying to kill Exeden Rar by summoning the temple guardians, but they don't seem to be doing any damage at all. Is this a bug, or is it a compatibility issue with Shem's Super Enhanced mod?

i have shem's super enhanced mod and it worked fine, i played an entire playthrough of BoSSR, and it works fine with Shem's Super Enhanced mod.:)
 Drunkside
06-18-2009, 10:24 AM
So now that i have also finished the mod im gonna say its some of the best crap ive ever played, but silver still writes too longwinded "blah blah" dialog... Anyway, i came here to say that only bugs i found were body changing ones(and saber color changing). one of them really made me laugh: Akirakon sin was verbal when he took over solomons body. So i beat him up and he says "the limitations of this body are too clear" :xp:

Also the game crashed from time to time in the new modules, but that might be normal, dont know...

And thanks for making the new content harder than last time. I really enjoyed most of the mod, but the flashbacks werent really all that fun. Especially those with ridiculous amounts of enemies that i had to kill with crappy gear.(whole brotherhood of shadow attacks at the same time, and those fights of will in the end, they were a bit too hardish and irritating. Whole brotherhood fight wasnt really all that hard but i had to use some guerilla tactics to pick them off one at a time, but the end fights were ridiculous. No one else in those fights could even hit me, but akirakon did about 80 every round...)

Also i found mandalore a bit too hard with the given equipment. I actually had to lower the difficulty to normal to even beat him. He wouldve been real walk in the park with my own gear but especially the normal lightsaber was too weak.

Other than these it was golden, and im glad that you decided to do it well and to an end rather than making a series of crappy expansions.

I salute you silveredge9, the best damn modder ever!
 Mister V
06-18-2009, 11:28 AM
Like I said, there really is no reason for BoS:SR to cause problems of that severity. Does KOTOR run fine without the mod?

Actually it seems the bugs I've described had nothing to do with the mod.

I've been playing it for the last several hours, enjoying its excellence, and then I finally stumbled upon some bugs that do not allow me to pogress further.

First of all, in the Czerka Mining Tunnels my game froze then crashed when I approached one of the three "camps". I got through - by luck, I guess? - the first camp, and tried to approach the others only to be greeted by a crash when I started a fight with one of the miners. Like I said, I was able to run through the first camp though, and started the Shadow's Orion flashback section...

... which is where the second bug comes in, and I've no idea what to do.
After I first meet Drexl and listen to his speech, I'm supposed to engage in combat with the boarding party, right? I'm not sure if it's a cutscene or a real fight, because the screen stays black. I only see the mouse cursor and hear the blaster fire.

... I was so looking forward to finishing it today. As I said, this is one of the best mods ever made, especially from the storytelling perspective. For once the game has several things it's been missing:
- very good dialogues, not the simplistic stuff you usually have in the original game;
- the feeling of being Revan (and admitting your identity instead of sticking to the supposedly "light" way of renouncing your past);
- the historic moments I've always wanted to see;
- not as important as everything mentioned above, but the lots of good items and credits make it that much more rewarding.
There's only one thing I'd disagree with, and that's the unexplained Dark Side Points when you use the Temple's defences against the Sith instead of slaying them yourself... - seriously, wtf? This reminds me of that Manaan murder case where you got DSP for using Force Persuade to get the witnesses to tell you everything (I'm sure Bioware did this for balance purposes only, but still...).

I'd appreciate any help with my bug... Even with my completely clean install, would a reinstall help?
 Ping
06-18-2009, 11:41 AM
There's only one thing I'd disagree with, and that's the unexplained Dark Side Points when you...
They actually are explained, as you get DS points if you let the Dark Jedi kill all the Czerka employees without helping them. Is that one of the ways to kill Exeden Rar? Like I said before, the Guardians don't seem to be doing any damage to the Sith.
 Silveredge9
06-18-2009, 12:23 PM
I'm doing the assasanation sidequest, and I'm trying to kill Exeden Rar by summoning the temple guardians, but they don't seem to be doing any damage at all. Is this a bug, or is it a compatibility issue with Shem's Super Enhanced mod?Have you tried reinstalling the mod into a fresh override? There's no reason I can think of why that should be happening.

So now that i have also finished the mod im gonna say its some of the best crap ive ever played, but silver still writes too longwinded "blah blah" dialog... Anyway, i came here to say that only bugs i found were body changing ones(and saber color changing). one of them really made me laugh: Akirakon sin was verbal when he took over solomons body. So i beat him up and he says "the limitations of this body are too clear" :xp:

Also the game crashed from time to time in the new modules, but that might be normal, dont know...

And thanks for making the new content harder than last time. I really enjoyed most of the mod, but the flashbacks werent really all that fun. Especially those with ridiculous amounts of enemies that i had to kill with crappy gear.(whole brotherhood of shadow attacks at the same time, and those fights of will in the end, they were a bit too hardish and irritating. Whole brotherhood fight wasnt really all that hard but i had to use some guerilla tactics to pick them off one at a time, but the end fights were ridiculous. No one else in those fights could even hit me, but akirakon did about 80 every round...)

Also i found mandalore a bit too hard with the given equipment. I actually had to lower the difficulty to normal to even beat him. He wouldve been real walk in the park with my own gear but especially the normal lightsaber was too weak.

Other than these it was golden, and im glad that you decided to do it well and to an end rather than making a series of crappy expansions.

I salute you silveredge9, the best damn modder ever!Please use spoiler tags in your posts, as I have stated numerous times already.

Actually it seems the bugs I've described had nothing to do with the mod.

I've been playing it for the last several hours, enjoying its excellence, and then I finally stumbled upon some bugs that do not allow me to pogress further.

First of all, in the Czerka Mining Tunnels my game froze then crashed when I approached one of the three "camps". I got through - by luck, I guess? - the first camp, and tried to approach the others only to be greeted by a crash when I started a fight with one of the miners. Like I said, I was able to run through the first camp though, and started the Shadow's Orion flashback section...

... which is where the second bug comes in, and I've no idea what to do.
After I first meet Drexl and listen to his speech, I'm supposed to engage in combat with the boarding party, right? I'm not sure if it's a cutscene or a real fight, because the screen stays black. I only see the mouse cursor and hear the blaster fire.

... I was so looking forward to finishing it today. As I said, this is one of the best mods ever made, especially from the storytelling perspective. For once the game has several things it's been missing:
- very good dialogues, not the simplistic stuff you usually have in the original game;
- the feeling of being Revan (and admitting your identity instead of sticking to the supposedly "light" way of renouncing your past);
- the historic moments I've always wanted to see;
- not as important as everything mentioned above, but the lots of good items and credits make it that much more rewarding.
There's only one thing I'd disagree with, and that's the unexplained Dark Side Points when you use the Temple's defences against the Sith instead of slaying them yourself... - seriously, wtf? This reminds me of that Manaan murder case where you got DSP for using Force Persuade to get the witnesses to tell you everything (I'm sure Bioware did this for balance purposes only, but still...).

I'd appreciate any help with my bug... Even with my completely clean install, would a reinstall help?The first bug you described sounds a little random, and could be an engine bug of some kind. Are you on Vista? Have you tried reinstalling into a fresh override.

The second bug you described has already been reported a number of times. Although I still haven't determined what is causing it. You can usually bypass it by shutting down KOTOR and then reopening it and loading the autosave again.
 Darth_Osmers
06-19-2009, 3:36 AM
Sounds like some weird appearance.2DA problems. Have you tried reinstalling the mod?

i did re-install it and went to the save game and it was running normally
i think it may have been that i was using cheats :D specifically, warp cheats cos i warped back to Dantooine when i realised i needed more lightsaber crystals
oh and thanks for the tip on how to make the
Republic Commando Armour
replace the normal soldier clothes it looks great! better than the normal soldier clothes, but it would be even better if it was an actual armour :thmbup1:
 zakske
06-20-2009, 12:04 PM
Finishing this "mod" really gave me the same feeling I had when I finished the game itself... I felt empty, kind of emotional... The story is magnificent and in my opinion the best thing about this mod. Again, congratulations!

Btw, I laughed when I saw Charlie(?)'s recommendation for a new vocabulator ;)...

I was a bit disappointed not to see Telena have a larger role, but that's probably just me...
 Templar Crusader
06-20-2009, 5:14 PM
Sorry to keep bugging you about this but I would really like to figure out how to fix this bug.
So here is a picture of my bug.

Can't move past this point. http://www.lucasforums.com/picture.php?albumid=382&pictureid=3354)

Is the only way to fix this to re-install, and if so how do you?
 Mr. Shadow
06-20-2009, 8:13 PM
Very cool mod! I haven't gotten past the Korriban Wastes yet, but I'll probably play some tonight.
 Silveredge9
06-21-2009, 8:59 PM
Finishing this "mod" really gave me the same feeling I had when I finished the game itself... I felt empty, kind of emotional... The story is magnificent and in my opinion the best thing about this mod. Again, congratulations!

Btw, I laughed when I saw Charlie(?)'s recommendation for a new vocabulator ;)...

I was a bit disappointed not to see Telena have a larger role, but that's probably just me...
Charlie was actually Verbal's original name, but was later changed during development. I hope I haven't left any ingame references to that name in the mod. :P

Sorry to keep bugging you about this but I would really like to figure out how to fix this bug.
So here is a picture of my bug.

Can't move past this point. http://www.lucasforums.com/picture.php?albumid=382&pictureid=3354)

Is the only way to fix this to re-install, and if so how do you?
It's really strange. No idea what could be causing this. The best thing to do would be reinstall the mod, and then load a save from before you entered the area following your original BoS:SR install, or you could just use the supplied save game.
 Kyr'am Galaar
06-21-2009, 9:05 PM
Charlie was actually Verbal's original name, but was later changed during development. I hope I haven't left any ingame references to that name in the mod. :P

no. just the file names.
 Mister V
06-23-2009, 5:43 PM
This thread must have a Force connection to the modded game. As soon as I post the problems here they disappear (thankfully).

Anyways, instead of saying again how I loved the mod, I'll point out some things that I found were detrimental to the experience.

For some reason many people seem to think that the bigger the challenge, the more fun it is. Even if it involves cursing and destroying your mouse/controller (neither of which applies here, thankfully). Sense of achievement, they say. It may be applicable in racing games or other stuff like that, but RPGs? Simply put, it interrupts the flow of the story, - like in any tabletop RPG the Storyteller (or Gamemaster) has to be careful not to make the "encounters" too difficult, otherwise the frustration ruins what could've been a perfect experience. Really, leave this for the Difficult combat setting.

The fight with Mandalore. I'm not sure if it was made for a pure Guardian, but for a Consular, this fight isn't a proper challenge. Instead of being epic it's anticlimactic and utterly destroys that feeling of reviving one of the greatest moments in the history of the Old Republic replacing it with clicking on the Force Wave icon and lots of loading. Not to mention that it looks pretty stupid (I swear I could see mandalorians dozing off in the distance...). I'm not sure if it's possible to have a boss scale for different classes, but as it is it's just annoying. So, in the end, despite the fact that trying to survive and ultimately doing so should feel rewarding, it leaves a bitter taste in my mouth instead, because this isn't what an epic combat should feel like.

Akirakon Sin's Stasis means certain death for the character and I don't save against it even with Wis 28 (33 with Valor, plus the bonus to saves from hyper battle stimulants). In fact if he continued to cast it continuously I wouldn't have won any combat. Maybe I've missed something and there's an item that grants immunity to this kind of power, but I don't remember anything like that.

Finally, I'd like to thank all the people who contributed to the mod. It gave me more than ten hours of very, very enjoyable gameplay. Many professional developers could learn from this.
 ganoesparan06
06-24-2009, 9:20 AM
I just want to firstly say that this mod is Awesome.

Just completed the first part and moving onto the second part. The Dialogue is brilliantly done, definately immersive with a star wars feel; to the person who said it was "long winded" - Sci Fi and Star Wars in particular is SUPPOSED to be long winded.

Ive noticed some things about this mod, 3 bugs and some annoyances.

I play on Normal difficulty currently (this is my 5th play thru - one male ls one male ds one female ls one female ds on easy then onto normal) and I have found that the challenge posed by the brotherhood of shadow is pretty small actually. I found the Warden harder to beat than the whole brotherhood.

Okay bugs. Dont know if they have been pointed out already but I cant be bothered checking through the thread to find out. So if they have just ignore me lol.

First bug is when I beat the warden on the Orion and Shadow comes to talk to you after she finishes you are frozen in place and can not move.
To get the character to move I had to save reload and then talk to her again.

Second bug is upon completing the orion ive noticed I have been given a blank quest journal entry.
Its completely blank - no text at all - sitting incomplete in my journal.

Third bug ive noticed is with the Revan model - it isnt fixed. The camera bounces when the robe is equipped which is irritating as hell, to the point where I wont use the robes because of it. And force powers shoot out of his feet.
Is it possible for you to use the fixed models?

Next are some things that I think are probably WAD but somewhat annoying for me and I would like to see changed/tweaked/explained if at all possible.

First thing is some of the dialogue is unclickable; ie you cant click thru it so you stuck listening to a character witter on long after you have read the subtitle in some mad star wars language - usually huttese. Its a bit annoying.

Second thing is at the beginning of Solomons Revenge during Shadow/Matilda's dream sequence the voice overs dont have any sub titles and unless you have the volume way way up its easy to miss parts of what they are saying. I am assuming they are Solomon, Telana, and Kobiyashi. I would like subtitles here so I can read and click thru if I want.

Third thing is the Czerka guards wearing Sith uniforms. I too would like to petition for an optional where they are given Czerka uniforms. I use the mod where the Czerka on Korriban wear Czerka uniforms so it makes the BoS Korriban Czerka look out of place.
If this isnt possible could I please as what the uti files for the BoS Czerka are called so I can use Kotor Tool to make the changes myself?

And forth is the whole equipment issue. I agree that the BoS equipment you are given is seriously weak, as Revan its not too big of a deal because hes just so awesome that he can simply blast enemies out of his way with Force Wave followed by Force Storm but when you are playing as Matilda the weakness of the equipment really shows because she doesnt have any of the upper level force powers to compensate.
My example is I have died four times so far fighting the Mandalorians on Taris because they are so strong and the Republic soldiers weak, and Matilda handicapped by weak weaponry so she cant deal with them quick enough. Before I knew it i was surrounded by 6 Mandalorians and promptly died.
Would it be possible to perhaps beef up some of the equipment? Or perhaps give the player some upgrades and a chance to hit a workbench in the "history dream sequences"?

Well thats all I can think of at any rate.

Thanks so much for your hard work Silveredge9. Its brilliant.

Oh additionally I think BoS doesnt like the Tomb of Jesset Dal Kest (or perhaps the Korriban Workbench or both) because when I had both mods on whenever id go to korriban the game would bug out at meeting Shardaan and crash.
 Biomag
06-24-2009, 1:18 PM
Hu,
I downloaded this mod 3 days ago and I really enjoyed it. I didn't finish all side quest, but the main quest.

Here there was a bug that repeated itself a few times:
Models were replaced by others sometimes. Its really strange, as in the next scene the characters had their original look. First time it happened was after Shadow crossed the bridge in the mining cave, and the dialog on the ship started. Suddenly Shadow was a human Kobayashi and Kobayashi turned into a blond, sith eyed human in a blue armor suit, while Verbal turned into the Corrusant Mandolorian. After I reinstalled it on another PC, with an older grafic card it worked, but it seems like that wasn't the reason.

The first character you meet at Korriban had the same issue, becoming a bald human without regular cloth (it was before I installed Solomon's Revange and I was playing BoS). Later the same happened with Mec Hanic and Verbal after defeating the brotherhood of the shadow, while the temple where you have your duel with Solomon had a dangling vine in the middle. Also Solomon became a Jedi with a random face after giving himself up to the BoS.

There were a few more of these cases and I can't explain it to myself. I don't think it has something to do with other mods, as the characters are most of the time displayed correctly.

Also as a part of the last dialog between Shadow and Solomon, Solomon spoke of Revan being female first and then of Revan being a male. I suspect that was wanted by you, but I still wanted to mention it.

Also I found verbal on the exit of the area with Solomon's grave.

As I said, I really enjoyed the mod, there are just a few things I didn't like:
1. Shadow's attributes seem by far too high to me. I reduced them all by 2 and only then I think my other squad members were no longer out classed.

2. There was I fight, I had terrific problems because I played a light side jedi, while I had no problems with any other fight in the whole original game or mod.
Against Mandalore I had nothing that worked. Sword being weak, light side abilities too costly and no dark side powers left me pretty helpless.

3. Revan talking to the Jedi assembly:
Looking at the KOTOR comics you can see that Revan always wore a hood and by the time he would have talked to the assembly he would already have worn the mask. I would suggest you give him a re-textured brown Revan's robe and the original mask while talking.
Also there are quite a few same looking models right next to each others (IIRC there were 4 women standing right behind Shadow, so that you couldn't oversee them).

4. Mandalor:
I really like the mask and his upper body, but I think you should have used the Darth Bandons model so that you can give him red robes for the legs, like in the comics. But that is just about taste.
Still I would have preferred to see him using his weapon with two hands instead of using one with each hand, as it was displayed in the KOTOR comics. Just for staying true to the canon.

Except for these 4 points I have to say this should have been KOTOR 2. I liked the story, the characters and all the work that was put in. You managed to expand Revans past, without making any addition that contradicted the canon. Fantastic mod.
 Silveredge9
06-24-2009, 4:15 PM
This thread must have a Force connection to the modded game. As soon as I post the problems here they disappear (thankfully).

Anyways, instead of saying again how I loved the mod, I'll point out some things that I found were detrimental to the experience.

For some reason many people seem to think that the bigger the challenge, the more fun it is. Even if it involves cursing and destroying your mouse/controller (neither of which applies here, thankfully). Sense of achievement, they say. It may be applicable in racing games or other stuff like that, but RPGs? Simply put, it interrupts the flow of the story, - like in any tabletop RPG the Storyteller (or Gamemaster) has to be careful not to make the "encounters" too difficult, otherwise the frustration ruins what could've been a perfect experience. Really, leave this for the Difficult combat setting.

The fight with Mandalore. I'm not sure if it was made for a pure Guardian, but for a Consular, this fight isn't a proper challenge. Instead of being epic it's anticlimactic and utterly destroys that feeling of reviving one of the greatest moments in the history of the Old Republic replacing it with clicking on the Force Wave icon and lots of loading. Not to mention that it looks pretty stupid (I swear I could see mandalorians dozing off in the distance...). I'm not sure if it's possible to have a boss scale for different classes, but as it is it's just annoying. So, in the end, despite the fact that trying to survive and ultimately doing so should feel rewarding, it leaves a bitter taste in my mouth instead, because this isn't what an epic combat should feel like.

Akirakon Sin's Stasis means certain death for the character and I don't save against it even with Wis 28 (33 with Valor, plus the bonus to saves from hyper battle stimulants). In fact if he continued to cast it continuously I wouldn't have won any combat. Maybe I've missed something and there's an item that grants immunity to this kind of power, but I don't remember anything like that.

Finally, I'd like to thank all the people who contributed to the mod. It gave me more than ten hours of very, very enjoyable gameplay. Many professional developers could learn from this.As I mentioned in a previous post, I'm considering tweaking Mandalore's difficulty in the forthcoming patch.

First bug is when I beat the warden on the Orion and Shadow comes to talk to you after she finishes you are frozen in place and can not move.
To get the character to move I had to save reload and then talk to her again.

Second bug is upon completing the orion ive noticed I have been given a blank quest journal entry.
Its completely blank - no text at all - sitting incomplete in my journal.

Third bug ive noticed is with the Revan model - it isnt fixed. The camera bounces when the robe is equipped which is irritating as hell, to the point where I wont use the robes because of it. And force powers shoot out of his feet.
Is it possible for you to use the fixed models?
The first is a strange bug. I haven't experienced nor seen it reported elsewhere before.

Second has been reported, and is fixed in the forthcoming patch.

And concerning the Revan character model fix, you can download this off KoTORFiles yourself.

Next are some things that I think are probably WAD but somewhat annoying for me and I would like to see changed/tweaked/explained if at all possible.

First thing is some of the dialogue is unclickable; ie you cant click thru it so you stuck listening to a character witter on long after you have read the subtitle in some mad star wars language - usually huttese. Its a bit annoying.Where possible it has been made so dialogue can be skipped. In the few cases where it isn't (Even though I can't seem to remember any off the top of my head), it was because of technical reasons rather than artistic.

Second thing is at the beginning of Solomons Revenge during Shadow/Matilda's dream sequence the voice overs dont have any sub titles and unless you have the volume way way up its easy to miss parts of what they are saying. I am assuming they are Solomon, Telana, and Kobiyashi. I would like subtitles here so I can read and click thru if I want.This won't be revised.

Third thing is the Czerka guards wearing Sith uniforms. I too would like to petition for an optional where they are given Czerka uniforms. I use the mod where the Czerka on Korriban wear Czerka uniforms so it makes the BoS Korriban Czerka look out of place.
If this isnt possible could I please as what the uti files for the BoS Czerka are called so I can use Kotor Tool to make the changes myself?- bos_mrdoor.utc found in the Override folder.
- bos_guard.utc, and guard.utc found in bos_circle.mod.

And forth is the whole equipment issue. I agree that the BoS equipment you are given is seriously weak, as Revan its not too big of a deal because hes just so awesome that he can simply blast enemies out of his way with Force Wave followed by Force Storm but when you are playing as Matilda the weakness of the equipment really shows because she doesnt have any of the upper level force powers to compensate.
My example is I have died four times so far fighting the Mandalorians on Taris because they are so strong and the Republic soldiers weak, and Matilda handicapped by weak weaponry so she cant deal with them quick enough. Before I knew it i was surrounded by 6 Mandalorians and promptly died.
Would it be possible to perhaps beef up some of the equipment? Or perhaps give the player some upgrades and a chance to hit a workbench in the "history dream sequences"?I'm happy with the difficulty of the Taris sequence. It won't be revised.

Oh additionally I think BoS doesnt like the Tomb of Jesset Dal Kest (or perhaps the Korriban Workbench or both) because when I had both mods on whenever id go to korriban the game would bug out at meeting Shardaan and crash.My best advice if you wish to avoid any possible conflictions would be to install BoS:SR last.

Models were replaced by others sometimes. Its really strange, as in the next scene the characters had their original look. First time it happened was after Shadow crossed the bridge in the mining cave, and the dialog on the ship started. Suddenly Shadow was a human Kobayashi and Kobayashi turned into a blond, sith eyed human in a blue armor suit, while Verbal turned into the Corrusant Mandolorian. After I reinstalled it on another PC, with an older grafic card it worked, but it seems like that wasn't the reason.

The first character you meet at Korriban had the same issue, becoming a bald human without regular cloth (it was before I installed Solomon's Revange and I was playing BoS). Later the same happened with Mec Hanic and Verbal after defeating the brotherhood of the shadow, while the temple where you have your duel with Solomon had a dangling vine in the middle. Also Solomon became a Jedi with a random face after giving himself up to the BoS.

There were a few more of these cases and I can't explain it to myself. I don't think it has something to do with other mods, as the characters are most of the time displayed correctly. Sounds like an appearance.2DA issue. The best things to do in such circumstances would be to reinstall the mod.

Also as a part of the last dialog between Shadow and Solomon, Solomon spoke of Revan being female first and then of Revan being a male. I suspect that was wanted by you, but I still wanted to mention it.

Also I found verbal on the exit of the area with Solomon's grave. I'll look into them.

3. Revan talking to the Jedi assembly:
Looking at the KOTOR comics you can see that Revan always wore a hood and by the time he would have talked to the assembly he would already have worn the mask. I would suggest you give him a re-textured brown Revan's robe and the original mask while talking.
Also there are quite a few same looking models right next to each others (IIRC there were 4 women standing right behind Shadow, so that you couldn't oversee them).The fact that Revan is seen almost exclusively wearing a hood in the comics is because of the character's user defined appearance. And whilst I am aware that due to recent developments in that comic it would be logical for Revan to be wearing the mask during this sequence, I'm not going to make a habit of going back and correcting elements of BoS:SR whenever canon is changed.

4. Mandalor:
I really like the mask and his upper body, but I think you should have used the Darth Bandons model so that you can give him red robes for the legs, like in the comics. But that is just about taste.
Still I would have preferred to see him using his weapon with two hands instead of using one with each hand, as it was displayed in the KOTOR comics. Just for staying true to the canon.I'd rather create an original well designed suit than a bad recreation of the comic book one.

And I always considered the big axe seen in the comic to be more ceremonial than practical, and so based his weapons more on the battle axes used by Mandalore the Indomitable.
 Telex Ferra
06-24-2009, 5:54 PM
x.x

When I take over as The Shadow whilst repelling the Republic's attack on the Orion. The Screen stays black. I can access the char control functions in the upper right, but I can't see anything; and all I hear is blaster fire.
 ganoesparan06
06-24-2009, 5:57 PM
And concerning the Revan character model fix, you can download this off KoTORFiles yourself.

- bos_mrdoor.utc found in the Override folder.
- bos_guard.utc, and guard.utc found in bos_circle.mod.

My best advice if you wish to avoid any possible conflictions would be to install BoS:SR last.

I have download Kristy's model fix for the Revan model.
The robes i get with BoS still bounce and have bad force powers. I reinstalled them over the top several times now.
Still experiencing it.

Thank you for the UTC files. :)

The problems I was having with CTDs I think MAY come from the BoS and Tomb of Jesset Dal Kest not liking each other. I am not sure. But considering the game now works with TJDK not installed I guess it must be. And I did install BoS last for the record. lol.
 Pikmin
06-24-2009, 6:17 PM
When is the patch going to be released?

Any further posts like this and the poster will be infracted, believe it or not these posts are off-topic spam. -RH
 Silveredge9
06-24-2009, 7:05 PM
x.x

When I take over as The Shadow whilst repelling the Republic's attack on the Orion. The Screen stays black. I can access the char control functions in the upper right, but I can't see anything; and all I hear is blaster fire.Already reported. Try exiting KOTOR altogether, open it again, then load the autosave.

I have download Kristy's model fix for the Revan model.
The robes i get with BoS still bounce and have bad force powers. I reinstalled them over the top several times now.
Still experiencing it.

Thank you for the UTC files. :)When you installed the robe fix, were you given the option to override any existing files? If not, then you need to rename the robe fix .mdl and .mdx files the same as the ones included with BoS:SR.

When is the patch going to be released?When it's done.

To everyone these posts asking when something is going to be "done" or for "updates" are off-topic spam, and should be reported as such. We can and will infract people for posting these types of posts. That is a thing that has to be done via PM's only. Just an FYI. -RH
 Telex Ferra
06-24-2009, 7:21 PM
Thanks Silver

I figured someone else had posted it, but I was too lazy to search. I'll try it now.

BUG REPORT

If the PC uses the security option on the CZERKA RESIDENTIAL --> CZERKA MINING FACILITY entrance and succeeds, the door will open to reveal and apartment and the player will be no longer able to enter the Czerka mining facility unless they load a save previous to unlocking the door.

Fix is simple, remove the security option.
 juansaman
06-25-2009, 6:51 AM
Hi Silver, I have finished BOS:SR last month but I've not much time to tell you my impresion and report possible bugs.
First of all: Very good job. Impresive. Most impresive. It doesn't happen very often that a product is better than your expectatives for it, and you and your team made it. Congratulations to everybody involved.

About the story (I'll try to use much less spoilers as possible): Very good. Great to see the original BOS updated and fixed, I'll tell you one more time how interesting is the ambience, story, background and crew you created for the Orion. The situation of the Sith artifact you get involved is most intriging.

About BOS:SR, I liked it very much. We can talk of three arcs: Searching for Solomon / Specters from the past / Facing Solomon. The plot progresses fluid and intriging. When you start the Czerka quests it's full of entertaiment, and that's great, I had a good time with the Professional quests and making Channa to dance. Good!

The Residential Level plot was great. It remebered me the eerie atmosphere you created after the BoS invaded the Orion. Good! I almost die laughing when I saw the protocol droid runing like crazy to fall destroyed.
And that figure that was on the run, who was he? The miner who launched the security system? Kobayashi? How in hell did the runer managed to get out without passing throught the security system?

For the Wastes, it was exotic and I understand is needed to put that for not making the Bortherhood of Shadow Temple too close to Dreshdae, but it was the part I liked the less Anyway was fun to explore nevertheless and admire the work you did.

The Temple is unbelievable.Amazing. Good job! Great point leting you play as Verbal, it was refreshing. And near the final, playing as Mec'Han'ic was the best! I really enjoyed that!

The final fight, well, once I defeated twice Solomon I didn't know if I had to do another thing to defeat him once for all, so I ran around all the palce until I had nothing more to do than defeating him for the third time. No problem here, you just have to figure out how to beat him.
And the ending was not disapointing. I enjoyed the ancient Sith plot, the story of Akirakon Sin, and understanding this honorable character. Amazing job with the Rakatan Temple of Korriban. Truly. Good detailed.
Also liked Solomon's redemption, although I'm a bit tired of redemption stories, this worked well for me, Solomon is not a bad guy. I liked to see his grave, it was a little big detail.

For the flashbacks, I would not touch a bit of it. The Sith cruiser, Dantooine speech, Telana, Taris, Malachor, the Orion and Daemon.... everything worked great for me. Amazing job. The KotOR history is very very completed now and we have a better understanding of it. Even knowing that it's your point of view, it's near to mine. Ancient Sith were no monsters, neither Revan's Sith, and the Republic is not so good as always SW tries to make us think. Not to talk about the Jedi. everything was well written.

And now, the things I didn't like.

One thing I'm not very convinced is how Solomon expected Channa Mae and Revan to come to Korriban to follow his trail of madness and murder. If I didn't know that to play SR I had to go to Korriban, maybe I even forget about that rock. Maybe I'm remebering wrong, but you have no purpose to go to Korriban, haven't you?.

Another one was the way to finish the Sith excavation quest to kill Exadar. I earn Dark Side Points if I use the droid to trigger the security system, and I readed that's because you ignored the prisoners and let them die. I was not sure about why I eraned the DS Points until I readed it here, maybe a short cutscene of the Sith killing the prisoners would help. Question: From where do those Rakatan Warriors appear? I know the guardian of the original BoS appeared from the artifact. It's the same technology for those guys?

Another one was fighting Solomon. I think I fought him too many times (1st time in the Temple, Temple fight (three times here) and the final fight. I think that defeating him one or two times there would be enough. About Akirakon, you fight hima lot of times at the ennd, but it worked because it had a conclusion significance going through all the passages from Revan's history.

Also, I know you are not going to touch a bit of it, but the fights are incredible difficult. I understand that fighting Mandalore, Telana, Solomon and Akirakon Sin is not an easy task. But Mandalore had an amazing resistance against Force. I understand Telana, Solomon and Akirakon had it, but not from Mandalore and Daemon. Man, I even had some dificulties the second time I faced Daemon Drexl.
About the characters:

I liked Channa Mae progress' and how she suffers from his past, and that she gets he own identity. That was the best thing she could do crazy plan
I liked Solomon less, but because I didn't know much from him until near the end, but I enjoyed how he was going down each time you defeat him. He is not the maniac crazy man I thought he could be.
Kobayashi, he was one of the best, good personality and very well voiced. I liked playing him. About him being a former padawan.... It worked and it didn't. I understand how he had a bond with Channa the first time they picked her aboard the Orion, but there were no many clues to see that. It crossed my mind at least a bit enough to not being too much surprised whe it was revealed, but once I suspected it I rejected because how little Jedi things he had, I had no way to see that of his past, but maybe I need another play now that I know.
Verbal was funny as hell, it was very sad that he had to be destroyed, but the dramatism at that point was good.
Nothing to say about Mec'Han'ic, he is the best!!!
Daemon Drexl was perfect, and I liked to know about his past. What had been of him? Ahhh.....
Telana had a short part but intense, and it worked well like that.

About the bugs:

I know you've been reported of several of them, but I have to do that:

I had problems with the mining tunels, a lot of random crashes (I think they could be caused when you have several characters on screen, but I'm not sure), but fortunately I could pass through.

The black screen problem when defending the Orion from the Republic, was not big but I had to reload a saved game to pass it.

Body changes: At the Temple fight. Once Solomon rise up and attacks Kobayashi, I think after you defeated him, he had some kind of Kobayashi unfinished head with a Republic suit. Also, Verbal had Daemon's head and soldier suit in his latest moments.

And now that I've been playing KotOR after finishing BOS:SR, I had a problem during the GenoHaradan quest, the one about Ithorak. If I meet with his aide, Senni Vek in the Hangar corridor he had to appear with a security droid. Well, what I see is that the droid appears but not Vek. You can hear his voice and then the game crashes. I ran the game in a Override copy I made before installing BOS:SR and it worked fine. That happens also when you face Ithorak at the Hangar; Senni Vek is not there. This didn't happened when you meet him the first time in Anchorhead and in Manaan's swoop place.

And now about the extrar content:

Man, I enjoy having Mandalore's stuff, so the new armors and all!
Could it be done that both Mandalore mask and the Republic Commando mask (which are amazing) include a black mask for the rest of the head? Just like Mandalore and the Commandos had in game, I think it looks very strange when you have the mask and you can see the rest of your head.
Just suggesting!
Btw, as you see I opened the non-canon locker, but I don't know about that easter egg you mentioned. ¿¿¿???

Conclusion: The best mod I've played so far, and with an incredible reduced amount of bugs. Well worked, well pulished, well done.
 Silveredge9
06-25-2009, 11:12 AM
And now, the things I didn't like.

One thing I'm not very convinced is how Solomon expected Channa Mae and Revan to come to Korriban to follow his trail of madness and murder. If I didn't know that to play SR I had to go to Korriban, maybe I even forget about that rock. Maybe I'm remebering wrong, but you have no purpose to go to Korriban, haven't you?.Solomon perpetrated the events on the Residential Level knowing fully that it would create a disturbance in the Force which ultimately would be detected by Shadow because of their bond. It did, and was responsible for causing her Ebon Hawk Force vision, which in turn allowed her to sense that Korriban was a planet of some significance.

Another one was the way to finish the Sith excavation quest to kill Exadar. I earn Dark Side Points if I use the droid to trigger the security system, and I readed that's because you ignored the prisoners and let them die. I was not sure about why I eraned the DS Points until I readed it here, maybe a short cutscene of the Sith killing the prisoners would help.I'm not planning on making any changes.

Question: From where do those Rakatan Warriors appear? I know the guardian of the original BoS appeared from the artifact. It's the same technology for those guys?The guardians are ancient Rakatan spirits who defend the Infinite Empire's temples. Although this is never mentioned in the mod itself, I always figured that back when the Guardians had mortal bodies (As seen in the Akirakon Sin vision) they were at one point asked to sacrifice themselves for the good of the empire, and then their spirits were "fused" with the temples using similar technology to the artifact. They are ghosts basically. :P

Kobayashi, he was one of the best, good personality and very well voiced. I liked playing him. About him being a former padawan.... It worked and it didn't. I understand how he had a bond with Channa the first time they picked her aboard the Orion, but there were no many clues to see that. It crossed my mind at least a bit enough to not being too much surprised whe it was revealed, but once I suspected it I rejected because how little Jedi things he had, I had no way to see that of his past, but maybe I need another play now that I know.They're were clues, but I didn't want to explicitly state it up until the "reveal". Off the top of my head, some of them were:

- Kobayashi managed to detect Shadow whilst she was unconscious and floating aimlessly in her ship following Malak's betrayal of Revan.
- Kobayashi could detect Drix Keliwt walking down the corridor towards Shadow's quarters whilst they were talking in the Orion flashback.
- The fact that he has at least a basic familiarity with Jedi stuff, going by the fact that he has heard of battle meditation, and has a knowledge that Bastila possesses the ability.

And concerning the fact that he didn't "seem" like a Jedi personality wise, he has for the last several years been under the influence of Daemon Drexl, who - ethically - was as far away as a Jedi as possible.

About the bugs:
And now that I've been playing KotOR after finishing BOS:SR, I had a problem during the GenoHaradan quest, the one about Ithorak. If I meet with his aide, Senni Vek in the Hangar corridor he had to appear with a security droid. Well, what I see is that the droid appears but not Vek. You can hear his voice and then the game crashes. I ran the game in a Override copy I made before installing BOS:SR and it worked fine. That happens also when you face Ithorak at the Hangar; Senni Vek is not there. This didn't happened when you meet him the first time in Anchorhead and in Manaan's swoop place. BoS:SR doesn't modify any files from Manaan at all, so I don't see why it could be causing it.

Could it be done that both Mandalore mask and the Republic Commando mask (which are amazing) include a black mask for the rest of the head? Just like Mandalore and the Commandos had in game, I think it looks very strange when you have the mask and you can see the rest of your head. For technical reasons, it isn't possible.
 ganoesparan06
06-25-2009, 11:14 AM
When you installed the robe fix, were you given the option to override any existing files? If not, then you need to rename the robe fix .mdl and .mdx files the same as the ones included with BoS:SR.

Um.

I did install the robe fix umpteen times like you said. It doesnt appear to replace the models for the revan robes you use.

And annoyingly I cant figure out which models (mdx and mdl files) that your Revan robe uses. I use Masked Star Forge Robes which has both Dark and Light Star Forge/Revan Replica robes being masked and both use the fixed models so I do know that the fix is working.

So im a wee bit stuck on this one. lol.
 Asteras
06-25-2009, 10:35 PM
Hey silveredge thats my first post and i got to say that me subscribing to this forum is due to you and your amazing work.Thank you from the bottom of my lightsaber:P. Now with my problems:(i am sory but i dont know how to input spoiler tags yet)

1)I get continous ctd's when matilda finishes talking to kobayashi after she boards the orion. I have no other mods installed and i have already reinstalled the game and the mod twice but i still get continous ctd's at the same point. I've tried countles time to pass the scene but i just cant.It really sucks cause i dont get to see what happens next:( I think that someone else has the same problem back at page 5 but no solution was given.

2)I see matilda being tortured in bastilas place by malak(i get bastilas dialogue ofcourse) in the scene that occurs once you click to travel to lehon(uknown planet) I think it makes sense since she is in bastilas slot BUT the problem is that once we land to the unkown planet there is no matilda with us.only the rest of the group but no matilda.I have replicated, it happens all the time.I understand by reading older posts from older versions that this was an issue in the past but why do i get it with the current package. Has anyone else come accross such an issue?

as a reminder, i use kotor+patch v1.03+ bos_sr installed with the TSL

Ok thats it for my lenghty first pos, sorry for not using spoiler tags and thank you for your fantastic work.
 Mister V
06-26-2009, 9:36 AM
I was messing around with the game and suddenly remembered that I didn't really see many Dark Side options in the mod. I don't play as a DS character (can't stand the idiotic stereotypical bad guy who behaves more like a mugger than a Sith) but I thought the mod may have nice DS convos. So I've tried going back to the last fight with Akirakon Sin, when you choose either to "Absorb the power of the Brotherhood" or to simply free Akirakon's soul or something. I chose the first option and thought I'd have a radical switch to the Dark Side with a huge upgrade to all stats or something... nothing happened? Is this how it's supposed to be?

Asteras: [spoi ler] ...type sentence here... [/spoi ler] (obviously without the space in the word "spoiler")
 Telex Ferra
06-26-2009, 12:22 PM
I was messing around with the game and suddenly remembered that I didn't really see many Dark Side options in the mod. I don't play as a DS character (can't stand the idiotic stereotypical bad guy who behaves more like a mugger than a Sith) but I thought the mod may have nice DS convos. So I've tried going back to the last fight with Akirakon Sin, when you choose either to "Absorb the power of the Brotherhood" or to simply free Akirakon's soul or something. I chose the first option and thought I'd have a radical switch to the Dark Side with a huge upgrade to all stats or something... nothing happened? Is this how it's supposed to be?

I got the power to use the BoS whenever I want. Frankly I think it makes the game cheap and easy

I would be more upset about it if I actually played honestly instead of using invulnerability :P
 DEM_Provider
06-26-2009, 5:36 PM
I don't know if this is the correct place to ask questions about actual gameplay, rather than asking about issues, but I'll give it a go anyway. If this isn't the place to ask, again, sorry.

spoiler:
I'm stuck on how to escape the white void. I've used mines to figure out that the void is a circle, but I'm lost from there. I've tried talking to Drexl many times, but he's catatonic as always. If this is just me being an idiot, please tell me so.
 Mister V
06-26-2009, 6:05 PM
Hm. Is it given to you after you get back to the Ebon Hawk or something? Because I've only checked up to the final cutscene where Mec Ha'nic, Koba and Sera leave. Does it appear in your list of powers?
 Rahvinthecold
06-26-2009, 11:01 PM
I just started playing this mod, and everything was going great. But...
On the Orion, I acquired the droid parts for Sera, but when I talk to her there's no option for me to give the parts to her. Am I missing something here?
 Telex Ferra
06-27-2009, 12:19 AM
Hm. Is it given to you after you get back to the Ebon Hawk or something? Because I've only checked up to the final cutscene where Mec Ha'nic, Koba and Sera leave. Does it appear in your list of powers?

It should be part of your shield selection. (in the equip screen) Additionally, it should show up in the lower right corner as one of the options in the shields tab.

You can summon up to three brothers of shadow, whenever you want. Makes it a bit to fight Malak at the end.
 Asteras
06-27-2009, 9:31 AM
Hey silveredge thats my first post and i got to say that me subscribing to this forum is due to you and your amazing work.Thank you from the bottom of my lightsaber:P. Now with my problems:(i am sory but i dont know how to input spoiler tags yet)

1)I get continous ctd's when matilda finishes talking to kobayashi after she boards the orion. I have no other mods installed and i have already reinstalled the game and the mod twice but i still get continous ctd's at the same point. I've tried countles time to pass the scene but i just cant.It really sucks cause i dont get to see what happens next:( I think that someone else has the same problem back at page 5 but no solution was given.

2)I see matilda being tortured in bastilas place by malak(i get bastilas dialogue ofcourse) in the scene that occurs once you click to travel to lehon(uknown planet) I think it makes sense since she is in bastilas slot BUT the problem is that once we land to the unkown planet there is no matilda with us.only the rest of the group but no matilda.I have replicated, it happens all the time.I understand by reading older posts from older versions that this was an issue in the past but why do i get it with the current package. Has anyone else come accross such an issue?

as a reminder, i use kotor+patch v1.03+ bos_sr installed with the TSL

Ok thats it for my lenghty first pos, sorry for not using spoiler tags and thank you for your fantastic work.

any ideas about my problem? i cant find anyway to fix it
 ARC Cody
06-27-2009, 2:29 PM
The reason all the Czerka guards on Korriban don't wear Czerka uniforms is that Bioware made a mistake. Theres even a mod out for KOTOR that makes all the Czerka employees wear the uniforms.
 Silveredge9
06-28-2009, 10:25 AM
Um.

I did install the robe fix umpteen times like you said. It doesnt appear to replace the models for the revan robes you use.

And annoyingly I cant figure out which models (mdx and mdl files) that your Revan robe uses. I use Masked Star Forge Robes which has both Dark and Light Star Forge/Revan Replica robes being masked and both use the fixed models so I do know that the fix is working.

So im a wee bit stuck on this one. lol.
The model files used for the Revan robe included with BoS:SR are:

- PMBJL.mdl
- PMBJM.mdl
- PMBJS.mdl
- PFBJL.mdl
- PFBJM.mdl
- PFBJS.mdl
- PMBJL.mdx
- PMBJM.mdx
- PMBJS.mdx
- PFBJL.mdx
- PFBJM.mdx
- PFBJS.mdx

1)I get continous ctd's when matilda finishes talking to kobayashi after she boards the orion. I have no other mods installed and i have already reinstalled the game and the mod twice but i still get continous ctd's at the same point. I've tried countles time to pass the scene but i just cant.It really sucks cause i dont get to see what happens next:(Have you been using any cheats, what OS are you using?

1)2)I see matilda being tortured in bastilas place by malak(i get bastilas dialogue ofcourse) in the scene that occurs once you click to travel to lehon(uknown planet) I think it makes sense since she is in bastilas slot BUT the problem is that once we land to the unkown planet there is no matilda with us.only the rest of the group but no matilda.I have replicated, it happens all the time.I understand by reading older posts from older versions that this was an issue in the past but why do i get it with the current package. Has anyone else come accross such an issue?[/spoiler]This is what happens when you have Matilda in your party yet don't complete the SR content. It's unfixable.

spoiler:
I'm stuck on how to escape the white void. I've used mines to figure out that the void is a circle, but I'm lost from there. I've tried talking to Drexl many times, but he's catatonic as always. If this is just me being an idiot, please tell me so.It's a known bug which can happen. I haven't managed to replicate it myself before, so if you could send me a save within the white void area after the bug has occurred (Basically when you're stuck), I'll see if I can find what the problem is.

I just started playing this mod, and everything was going great. But...
On the Orion, I acquired the droid parts for Sera, but when I talk to her there's no option for me to give the parts to her. Am I missing something here?Not really sure why that's the case. Have you loaded the autosave and then attempted the module again?

The reason all the Czerka guards on Korriban don't wear Czerka uniforms is that Bioware made a mistake. Theres even a mod out for KOTOR that makes all the Czerka employees wear the uniforms.I'm not planning on revising it.
 eria
06-28-2009, 11:33 AM
Just finished playing through it, and I have say, amazing job. Everything was really well done. I like how it flowed and each map was amazingly well done. A few issues however.

spoilers:
One if the Czerka mining cave, where Shadow passes out on the bridge. I always crash when I get anywhere close to the bridge. Finally, I was able to make a mad dash for the bridge, and trigger the dialogue, and was able to move on. However, on my way back out, it's just crash after crash about 5 seconds after I load the game in the cave. Is there a faster way to get back to the Czerka area?

also...
I feel some of the fights are a tad too hard for heavy force users. I went through it as a dark side consular, and pretty much all the harder fights (mandalore, solomon, etc..) are immune to force powers. It was rather boring to sit there and wack away with my sub par saber skills, and spam med pacs. Also, if you somehow get controled with say choke, stasis or something, the fight is pretty much over. The fight near the end where you fight all your friends along with the brotherhood of shadow guy, took me a fair bit of tries to get through, hoping for lucky dice rolls that no one hit me with any kind of force power.

Other than that, I thought it was awesome and fun. I will for sure be adding it into any future play thrus I do. Thanks!
 Asteras
06-28-2009, 12:17 PM
I am using windows xp sp2, i am still unable to get past that point and no, no cheats EVER used.

thnx for the info about the second bug, you are right, i havent completed sr content so it seems thats why i have matilda on bastilas place

On a side note,altough its currently premature, is the -just released- revans cape/belt animated robe compatible with bors_sr and if not what file alterations do we have to do?
 ganoesparan06
06-29-2009, 7:49 AM
Stupid question.

How do i get past the barrier on mandalores command ship to get to the lift to go up to the bridge?
 Pikmin
06-29-2009, 8:09 AM
How do i get past the barrier on mandalores command ship to get to the lift to go up to the bridge?

There are two power generator's, one in each room to the side of the field. Place a grenade in both of 'em.
 ganoesparan06
06-29-2009, 8:15 AM
Thanks Pikmin!
 Lord of Hunger
06-29-2009, 2:26 PM
I also felt that the fights were a little too hard for Force powers. The only way to win was for me to keep whacking everyone with Force Wave, and it would barely hold off Solomon and Akirakon Sin. In fact, with Solomon it did not work at all, so I had to run away with him using Advanced Lightsaber Throw.

It's amusing that I've always wanted the game to be harder for Consulars and here it's too hard. In certain scenarios, facing all of your party members at once would be a challenge but facing them AND Akirakon Sin? Unfortunately it was simply irritating, and it was the one aspect of this mod that irritated the **** out of me. I would be less annoyed if there was some mod that tunned up the difficulty of the rest of the game to match this mod and compensate for mods like the K1 Force Powers Mod. I am aware of Shem's Super Enhanced Mod, but it would make BOSSR even more insanely hard to beat.
 Silveredge9
06-29-2009, 2:57 PM
One if the Czerka mining cave, where Shadow passes out on the bridge. I always crash when I get anywhere close to the bridge. Finally, I was able to make a mad dash for the bridge, and trigger the dialogue, and was able to move on. However, on my way back out, it's just crash after crash about 5 seconds after I load the game in the cave. Is there a faster way to get back to the Czerka area?This bug has been reported by some other people I believe. I can't think of any immediate cause behind it. Do you have any mods installed, and if so have you tried replaying the Mining Tunnels section with only BoS:SR installed?

I am using windows xp sp2, i am still unable to get past that point and no, no cheats EVER used.

thnx for the info about the second bug, you are right, i havent completed sr content so it seems thats why i have matilda on bastilas place

On a side note,altough its currently premature, is the -just released- revans cape/belt animated robe compatible with bors_sr and if not what file alterations do we have to do?No ideas then. I've rechecked and retested the section a number of times, and I've been unable to replicate this even once.

And I believe I'm correct when I say that Sithspecter's robe mod animates only the default male Darth Revan model, and not any of the maskless and female variations used in BoS:SR.

I also felt that the fights were a little too hard for Force powers. The only way to win was for me to keep whacking everyone with Force Wave, and it would barely hold off Solomon and Akirakon Sin. In fact, with Solomon it did not work at all, so I had to run away with him using Advanced Lightsaber Throw.

It's amusing that I've always wanted the game to be harder for Consulars and here it's too hard. In certain scenarios, facing all of your party members at once would be a challenge but facing them AND Akirakon Sin? Unfortunately it was simply irritating, and it was the one aspect of this mod that irritated the **** out of me. I would be less annoyed if there was some mod that tunned up the difficulty of the rest of the game to match this mod and compensate for mods like the K1 Force Powers Mod. I am aware of Shem's Super Enhanced Mod, but it would make BOSSR even more insanely hard to beat.Like I said, I'm going to be revising the difficulty of the Mandalore boss fight, and possibly a few other boss encounters to make them more "accessible" to more Force-power dependent characters.

And although the final Akirakon Sin battle was pretty difficult, it is possible to pick off each enemy one by one until only Sin himself remains if you vary your tactics a little and use your environment to your advantage.
 ZimmMaster
06-29-2009, 3:41 PM
This bug has been reported by some other people I believe. I can't think of any immediate cause behind it. Do you have any mods installed, and if so have you tried replaying the Mining Tunnels section with only BoS:SR installed?

No ideas then. I've rechecked and retested the section a number of times, and I've been unable to replicate this even once.

And I believe I'm correct when I say that Sithspecter's robe mod animates only the default male Darth Revan model, and not any of the maskless and female variations used in BoS:SR.

Like I said, I'm going to be revising the difficulty of the Mandalore boss fight, and possibly a few other boss encounters to make them more "accessible" to more Force-power dependent characters.

And although the final Akirakon Sin battle was pretty difficult, it is possible to pick off each enemy one by one until only Sin himself remains if you vary your tactics a little and use your environment to your advantage.

What are the files(.uti, .mdl, .mdx) you use for Revan's robes in this mod?
 ganoesparan06
06-30-2009, 8:15 AM
What are the files(.uti, .mdl, .mdx) you use for Revan's robes in this mod?

- PMBJL.mdl
- PMBJM.mdl
- PMBJS.mdl
- PFBJL.mdl
- PFBJM.mdl
- PFBJS.mdl
- PMBJL.mdx
- PMBJM.mdx
- PMBJS.mdx
- PFBJL.mdx
- PFBJM.mdx
- PFBJS.mdx

He told me a few posts up.

I cant actually believe that I am informing folks with more modding experience with me this but, just an FYI. The animated Cape DOES work.

You just have to rename and make multiple copies of his animated model. The model comes as N_DarthRevan.mdl and N_DarthRevan.mdx. Make 6 copies of each and rename them as above.
One Animated fixed maskless model. Only the hood remains unanimated.

The same works for the light side star forge robes. Rename them to whatever the model is called.
 ZimmMaster
06-30-2009, 9:18 AM
- PMBJL.mdl
- PMBJM.mdl
- PMBJS.mdl
- PFBJL.mdl
- PFBJM.mdl
- PFBJS.mdl
- PMBJL.mdx
- PMBJM.mdx
- PMBJS.mdx
- PFBJL.mdx
- PFBJM.mdx
- PFBJS.mdx

He told me a few posts up.

I cant actually believe that I am informing folks with more modding experience with me this but, just an FYI. The animated Cape DOES work.

You just have to rename and make multiple copies of his animated model. The model comes as N_DarthRevan.mdl and N_DarthRevan.mdx. Make 6 copies of each and rename them as above.
One Animated fixed maskless model. Only the hood remains unanimated.

The same works for the light side star forge robes. Rename them to whatever the model is called.

He told me the same in a PM. Plus, I had guessed the renaming would work but I have not progressed far enough to see if it works. Nice to know it does.
 ganoesparan06
06-30-2009, 8:30 PM
I would like to say that I am also finding the Manniquin looking Kobiyashi bug at the final battle with Akirakon Sin. Instead of being Possessed Solomon he is the puppet kobiyashi.

Its very weird.
 Exile007
07-02-2009, 2:01 PM

Running away, ftw. :p

Also, Silver, I think I owe it to you for a review, even though what I'm gonna say is pretty much a re-statement of what everyone has said. :p

This mod is near-perfect. The stoyline, the levels, the friends, the foes, everything is top-notch. The only reason why it can't be perfect is because of KotOR's damn engine crashing all the time and not being made for super-cool cutscenes. Other then that, I must say that it's obvious of how much work was put into the mod. Everything seems to be on-par (or surpassing) the game itself. I'll admit that there were times when I forgot that I was playing a mod and not a part of the game. :p

Boss Fights:
As everyone has said, these were pretty hard, but so fun. It was nice to get a challenge every now and then for my Jedi Guardian. As a Counselor, I admit it was harder. But you just need to buff yourself enough in order to beat the enemies. :)

Plot:
Amazing, only one word that can describe the plot. It's very well thought out and the characters develop and drive you on. Akirakon Sin, ftw. I love his redemption, along with Solomon's. Both had very fleshed out backstories. I must admit that I felt for them at some points. When Sera Degana left, I felt bad, but not because of her, that the mod was over. :p

I won't say too much more, but if anyone hasn't downloaded this yet, do it. Even if you have 56 k, download it, you won't regret it. ;)
 ganoesparan06
07-02-2009, 4:39 PM
I am also reporting that i too am experiencing the Verbal turning into Captain Drexl with Kobiyashi's clothes/body.

Again odd.
 cwby74
07-03-2009, 10:15 PM
hey silver first of all i want to congratulate you on a job well done a well put together. Second wanted to ask you two things dont know if there spoilers or not so will put it in as a spoiler you can take it from there.

1st one is:
is kobiyashi suppose to join your group in the temple after verbal rescue's you, right now i only get the mec hanic guy joining me everytime. first time game, and a clean install.

2: has already been pointed out so will not make that redundant, i just reloaded and it fixed it. orion starboard section to point it out.

3:
after getting to the main temple or the core where the shadow is standing getting attacked by sith as there spawned and then nothing else happens, i figure it was trigger delay or something but nothing is still happening. and when i talk to shadow she just says something to the effect that she cant talk untill we get back to the ebon hawk, is this where im suppose to fight solomon. well ive wiped out my override and reinstalling and seeing if that does the trick will keep you updated.

i have had other glitches but very minor that were corrected when i reloaded the scene.
 Darth_Osmers
07-04-2009, 3:12 AM
the last akirakon sin fight with the party members doesnt make total sense
like y would HK-47 want to kill revan when he created him, Mission and Big Z, because how coulld revan hav affected them? Matilda, because she does Revans every will, Canderous, because Revan totally kicked the mandalorians backsides in the mandalorian war and respects him for that, and Jolee, who would have been on Kashyyyk in the shadowlands during revan's time as sith lord
Page: 7 of 18