Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Brotherhood of Shadow: Solomon's Revenge

Page: 5 of 18
 Silveredge9
06-03-2009, 1:06 PM
Malak is drawing his power from the horrors which transpire in the battle around him; all of which is being amplified by the presence of Malachor V.That works, I suppose. But then, shouldn't Revan be affected as well? Or maybe we could have some dialogue which suggests that despite the events around him, he stays detached and can keep his cool? That would make sense, given Revan's essential leadership position. Malak has a reputation for being fierce alright, but he's so bad that Revan is a bit of a pitiful worm in comparison.I'll take a look, and see what can be done.

[spoiler]
By the way, I've also experienced the bug reported by others with appearances getting mixed up, in my case between a textureless-headed Kobayashi, Solomon and Akirakon Sin. Very odd. I only have the "robes for Korriban students" mod installed, apart from SR. That's the only glitch I think I have experienced. Some solid beta testing there.Have you tried reinstalling the mod into a fresh override?

Hey i have a little question concerning mod compability... Does BOS:SR conflict in some way with inyris recruitable kay mod? I havent played with that mod, and i wanted to make this playthrough as good and different from the vanilla kotor as possible, so i installed them both. There were no file replaces from what i could say, but since they are both big mods i cant be sure there wont be ANY conflicts... So has anyone tried playing with both installed?Recruitable Kay was one of the mods I looked at before release to see if there would be any major conflictions, and from what I could see, there were none. As long as you use TSLPatcher to install both I don't see what could go wrong.

I did find one slight bug, though, but it's nothing important.When the PC is fighting Solomon within the Temple, you can still talk to Shadow, even though she is in a trance. She comes up with her normal 'Ebon Hawk' dialog.It's already been reported, and will be fixed in the upcoming patch.
 tatesz
06-03-2009, 2:19 PM
Unfortuneatly,I found a very big bug,When you're on the Orion with Shadow and you speaked with Daemon and the republic attacks,it loads the next map and it stays dark,i can hear shooting but it doesn't come back,i even managed to save game and load but it's still dark,I tried it 3 times and all was like this. Maybe my ASUS VGA is my problem.

EDIT: After i loaded the game i saved when the screen was dark(tried to search for character's portrait) the 2nd time,it worked,it's maybe because the cutscene starts too fast after it loads the game.
 Pikmin
06-03-2009, 7:04 PM
Ok, there are 2 things.

I started the quest for the dancer guy, but when he takes us into the apartment for the Leasiure(sp?) officer the guy isn't there, and I can talk to Nat Koh and it starts the dialog that opens the door again.

Also:

What do I need to do to place my DNA over the coalision meeting with he administrator?
 Lady_Revan
06-03-2009, 10:53 PM
... Does BOS:SR conflict in some way with inyris recruitable kay mod?

I love the Recruitable Kay mod, I hope there is no conflict.

I'm pretty sure that the Kay mod worked just fine with the first BoS. Since they both used the TSL Patcher it should be okay to use them together.

I'm just now getting a chance to play BoS:SR so I'll be sure to keep Kay in the override and if a conflict comes up I'll come back.

~*~Revan
 Darth Leo
06-04-2009, 12:32 AM
I've only gotten through the original BoS, but I can already say, it's the best mod I've seen for the game. Ever.

However, I have a problem.
I'm current in the Solomon's Revenge part. In the Czerka Residential Area, in Dreshdae, I can't progress. I just finished my chat with Kobayashi about getting into the mine, but the entrance to the Mine module is just a regular room. I'm not going to the module, and the room isn't on the map. I can't get to Czerka's mine or talk to the Administrator (if I'm supposed to). Is this a bug, or am I just stupid?
 Scoarch
06-04-2009, 1:36 AM
darth leo to answer your question you are just stupid and near the door to the mining tunnels you will see a terminal and then you will understand
 Drunkside
06-04-2009, 4:46 AM
Thanks silver! Yeah, knowing you i kinda thought you had been thinking that kay should be compatible.
 juansaman
06-04-2009, 5:47 AM
Hi, Silver, I'm pretty excited as I was playing the linear storyline of the game when you released the mod, now I finish the Leviathan part, and started BOS, but I find something strange:

I've traveled to Anchorhead to meet with Daemon, and he wears no mask. I remember he wears one in the original BOS and as I see him masked at your webpage, I was thinking there is a problem, but I ask you to confirm if that's correct or not. So to play BOS with a clean Override or not.

Cheers!
 Silveredge9
06-04-2009, 9:24 AM
Unfortuneatly,I found a very big bug,When you're on the Orion with Shadow and you speaked with Daemon and the republic attacks,it loads the next map and it stays dark,i can hear shooting but it doesn't come back,i even managed to save game and load but it's still dark,I tried it 3 times and all was like this.It's a known bug. I'm still trying to determine what is causing it.

Ok, there are 2 things.

I started the quest for the dancer guy, but when he takes us into the apartment for the Leasiure(sp?) officer the guy isn't there, and I can talk to Nat Koh and it starts the dialog that opens the door again.This is a strange bug. Could you send me the autosave created when you enter the Dreshdae Residential Quarters module with an intention to meet with Nat Koh?

Also:

What do I need to do to place my DNA over the coalision meeting with he administrator?
Kobayashi explains everything you need to know about that, as do the Journal and Shadow.

Hi, Silver, I'm pretty excited as I was playing the linear storyline of the game when you released the mod, now I finish the Leviathan part, and started BOS, but I find something strange:

I've traveled to Anchorhead to meet with Daemon, and he wears no mask. I remember he wears one in the original BOS and as I see him masked at your webpage, I was thinking there is a problem, but I ask you to confirm if that's correct or not. So to play BOS with a clean Override or not.

Cheers!It's a bug. You could try reinstalling into a clean override. It might help.
 Darth Leo
06-04-2009, 10:03 AM
darth leo to answer your question you are just stupid and near the door to the mining tunnels you will see a terminal and then you will understand

Maybe I should clarify: I'm in the module that looks like the apartments on Taris. The one with the Non-canon footlocker, the broken protocol droid, the Mandalorian in the room full of sonic emitters. As far as I'm aware, there are no mining tunnels.
I've tried numerous things, including:
1) Going to the Mining Facility. The doors opened the first time I tried, but there was just an apartment. The blue line on the minimap indicates that I should be going to another module, but I am not.
2) Using the communications console to contact the administrator. I got two options, to try to contact him or do nothing.
3) Fixing the protocol droid.
4) Talking to anyone and everyone in the module.
5) Reloading the game.

Everything has worked fine up to this point, so I don't think it's an install issue, though it may be. However, I have a feeling that something is broken, and that I am not stupid, despite what I claimed previously.
 Scoarch
06-04-2009, 10:25 AM
hmh you say that when you go to the door to the mining facility opens and there is an apartment? in that case you need to reinstall the mod in a clean override or you enter another module?
 Silveredge9
06-04-2009, 10:30 AM
Maybe I should clarify: I'm in the module that looks like the apartments on Taris. The one with the Non-canon footlocker, the broken protocol droid, the Mandalorian in the room full of sonic emitters. As far as I'm aware, there are no mining tunnels.
I've tried numerous things, including:
1) Going to the Mining Facility. The doors opened the first time I tried, but there was just an apartment. The blue line on the minimap indicates that I should be going to another module, but I am not.
2) Using the communications console to contact the administrator. I got two options, to try to contact him or do nothing.
3) Fixing the protocol droid.
4) Talking to anyone and everyone in the module.
5) Reloading the game.

Everything has worked fine up to this point, so I don't think it's an install issue, though it may be. However, I have a feeling that something is broken, and that I am not stupid, despite what I claimed previously.Did you unlock the door using your security skill? If so, that would break it and you would be forced to load the game from when you first entered that area. You need to just click the door and open it as you would any other.

Though the fact that you can open this door and a few others using your security skill is something that is addressed in the upcoming patch.
 ARC Cody
06-04-2009, 12:00 PM
I found a minor bug when I'm on the Orion

When Daemon Drexl attacks the Orion and the cap orders the evac of the crew, the piggy beastmaster and one of the rodians on the crew remain where they are. And btw, when you're transported to the white plane, after you fight the shadow what do you do?
 Darth Leo
06-04-2009, 2:01 PM
Thanks, Silveredge. I had indeed used my security skill. I loaded a previous save and did not make the same mistake twice. The mod is quite fantastic, you should be very proud!
 juansaman
06-04-2009, 3:47 PM
It's a bug. You could try reinstalling into a clean override. It might help.

Ok, I've tried that. Savegame crashes. My fault by using too many mods, I think.... There is no way to force the appearance of Daemon?
Thanks in advance.

EDIT: Ok, forget about it... I loaded again and worked.... Wtf? All I can say is that a long distance the mask doesn't seem to be equipped, and once I run near him it appeared by itself... Wierd...
 tatesz
06-05-2009, 9:11 AM
I played it through and i must say it's Very good! Unfortuneatly,after you play it through,there is a very big problem:It's maybe because when i finished i didn't want to go al way back to Dreshdrae and i warped or it's a bug,but when you finish,Carth and Canderous just vanish, either in the party selection screen and on the Ebon Hawk,maybe it's becuase Kobayashi and Mechanic replace them.
 Silveredge9
06-05-2009, 10:26 AM
I played it through and i must say it's Very good! Unfortuneatly,after you play it through,there is a very big problem:It's maybe because when i finished i didn't want to go al way back to Dreshdrae and i warped or it's a bug,but when you finish,Carth and Canderous just vanish, either in the party selection screen and on the Ebon Hawk,maybe it's becuase Kobayashi and Mechanic replace them.It's because you warped back to Dreshdae. You will have to load from a save before then.
 Salzella
06-05-2009, 4:50 PM
As i though, this mod is amazing. areas, characters and so ona re all top notch, despite the fact that I have only just encountered the Brothers of Shadow, this being my first playthrough of either of your mods :xp:

I have encountered one slightly odd thing - The robes included, the seer robe, mandalorian wars robes and so on, are translucent :S
 Rtas Vadum
06-05-2009, 5:09 PM
This all looks very well done silver. :) I only hope I can accomplish something like this.

However, I've hit a little snag:

After I board the Orion, it all goes fine untill I hit the little convo with the droid. It either is the the dialogue starts but I hear nothing(and then have to close the game, or the droids first line plays, then the game freezes
 teddy3110
06-05-2009, 6:22 PM
I am speechless. First of all, I think I should clarify a point for all people who didn't download BOS:SR. Contrary to the popular belief/nomenclature, BOS:SR cannot be a mod! I mean, a mod either changes something in the game (i.e. recruitment mods, new stuff mods), or adds some new missions, or both. Obviously we can't talk about the length of "changing something" mods, but the ones that add new missions... It took me 9+ hours to finish BOS:SR (and it was worth all of those 9+ hours). I didn't spend that much time to finish some of the games I paid for! So, if we cannot name BOS:SR an expansion pack or a separate game for legal reasons, we should find a new name for something this gigantic. :)

Silveredge, I don't know how to express my appreciation. Because I am one of those guys that have a bad relationship with words, all I can say is thank you for your great work.
 ironheart
06-06-2009, 2:24 AM
Just a note- when I played through with the Selene from underworld as pc mod just about all the characters I ran into were headless me, heh. That was interesting. But when I removed the Selene files everything was fine.

Would you say it's better to install this mod and then install other mods over it or to install other mods and then this mod? Just wiped my Override folder to clean things up.
 jedi_christian
06-06-2009, 9:26 AM
Hi guys

I have a really big problem. So I first installed Brotherhood of Shadow: Solomon's Revenge with TSL Patcher. After that I downloaded Silveredge9's reskins and added them to my override folder. When all that was done I, at last, started the game and loaded up the savegame included in the BoS:SR file(the one that starts in the Ebon Hawk). I went to the Koribban cantina and ''Drix Keliwt'' wasn't even there.
I had the original BoS too so i installed that one with the 1.07 patch. This time ''Drix Keliwt'' was in the cantina and I could do the Prologue quest. I even got into the Orion where i had perform a task for the captain. I went to a girl that apparently had the same name as me and she gave me my task: get the droid parts. I did that but when i came back and talked to the girl I couldn't end the quest, only buy items from her shop.
I tried both Silveredge9's savegames and both had the same bug(?). What should I do?
 Emperor Devon
06-06-2009, 5:16 PM
Nice, you've finally finished this. Congrats!
 Qui-Gon Glenn
06-06-2009, 6:25 PM
Has anyone tested this from starting a new game?

The reason I ask, is this - I am stuck at the Hidden Bek base entrance. The game crashes to the loadscreen upon entering the door.

It may be another mod, as I did have BOSSR installed, in a fresh install of K1, with several mods. I am doing a fresh install again, and will install BOSSR only to re-test the save. It is a new crash to me... and none of the mods installed have ever caused this crash before.

Oh well, just curious. Thanks!
 Silveredge9
06-06-2009, 7:24 PM
I have encountered one slightly odd thing - The robes included, the seer robe, mandalorian wars robes and so on, are translucent :SHave you installed any other mods since installing BoS:SR?

After I board the Orion, it all goes fine untill I hit the little convo with the droid. It either is the the dialogue starts but I hear nothing(and then have to close the game, or the droids first line plays, then the game freezesHave you tried replaying the section, perhaps reinstalling BoS:SR into a fresh override?

Would you say it's better to install this mod and then install other mods over it or to install other mods and then this mod? Just wiped my Override folder to clean things up.It depends if the mods you have downloaded use TSLPatcher, and use it correctly. It would probably be best to always install BoS:SR last, as the install file is designed to "adapt" it to whatever is currently in your override folder.

Hi guys

I have a really big problem. So I first installed Brotherhood of Shadow: Solomon's Revenge with TSL Patcher. After that I downloaded Silveredge9's reskins and added them to my override folder. When all that was done I, at last, started the game and loaded up the savegame included in the BoS:SR file(the one that starts in the Ebon Hawk). I went to the Koribban cantina and ''Drix Keliwt'' wasn't even there.
I had the original BoS too so i installed that one with the 1.07 patch. This time ''Drix Keliwt'' was in the cantina and I could do the Prologue quest. I even got into the Orion where i had perform a task for the captain. I went to a girl that apparently had the same name as me and she gave me my task: get the droid parts. I did that but when i came back and talked to the girl I couldn't end the quest, only buy items from her shop.
I tried both Silveredge9's savegames and both had the same bug(?). What should I do?The original BoS is included in BoS:SR, and there is no reason for you to download an install it after installing BoS:SR. That is unless you want a bugged game.

As mentioned above, install any mods that do not use tsl patcher first, and then install BoS:SR last.

Has anyone tested this from starting a new game?

The reason I ask, is this - I am stuck at the Hidden Bek base entrance. The game crashes to the loadscreen upon entering the door.

It may be another mod, as I did have BOSSR installed, in a fresh install of K1, with several mods. I am doing a fresh install again, and will install BOSSR only to re-test the save. It is a new crash to me... and none of the mods installed have ever caused this crash before.

Oh well, just curious. Thanks!I've just tested it and the Hidden Bek base loads up just fine.
 Darth_Osmers
06-07-2009, 12:29 AM
I've found a quite curious bug i had installed Bos:Sr plus put all of Redhawkes mods in my override and in KSE there are four items labelled Mandalorian battle armor, one is the normal blue, 2 are the normal battle armour just red and yellow but the last is a robe! without the Redhawke mods its just metalic silver but curiously with them its Invisible! all that can be seen is the characters head and a weapon if your carrying one!
Plus Drix is now a fully robed and masked Darth Revan like my avatar
 roflcoppter
06-07-2009, 4:56 AM
how can i download this Mod and Patches? :confused:
 Miltiades
06-07-2009, 5:23 AM
 jedi_christian
06-07-2009, 7:27 AM
As mentioned above, install any mods that do not use tsl patcher first, and then install BoS:SR last.
So I just have to install KotOR and BoS:SR again?
 Lord2
06-07-2009, 9:15 AM
I just played through it, and enjoyed it - well... as much as it could be enjoyed, my (new) graphic card decided to shut down the game once in a while so it was a hell playing through it. But it was fun.
I have like ~70 saves of the entire mod.

But, I didn't seem to pick up this one - have I missed something? When do I see this?
http://screenshots.filesnetwork.com/67/files2/99985_70.jpg)

EDIT:
My favorite parts are:

* The battle of Malachor V - got shivers when I played through it.
* When the Jedi strike team attacked attacked Revan's ship, the entire sequence actually.
* As well as the crazy stuff going on in Czerka mining facility.

Also, of course, the character who you has a droid. Long, confusing name. A male. The guy who learned all the stuff the hard way. LOL. Nice voice acting.

It was too nice to see Revan's execution of Mandalore.

Some criticism if I may:

It was a bit annoying when you couldn't skip certain dialogues, cut scenes... (I had to save often due to my screwy graphic card). Far too many spoke the Twi'lek language, and I don't like Mandalore's swords, they don't look right. Oh... There were too many enemies to slaughter on the Korriban waste.

Overall, this mod is exciting to play through - I think it would be a LOT better if I could understand the plot too (had to skip everything). The custom areas were nice too. This is a great example of good team work!
 ARC Cody
06-07-2009, 9:30 AM
*SPOILER*

When i get to the new module with the cliff face and start going up the tunnel halfway up the screen blacks out and a few secs later Im at the foot of the cliff and Matilda says "we cannot deviate from our path" so basically im stuck. I installed BoS:SR on a fresh install of KOTOR.
 Lord2
06-07-2009, 11:12 AM
*SPOILER*

When i get to the new module with the cliff face and start going up the tunnel halfway up the screen blacks out and a few secs later Im at the foot of the cliff and Matilda says "we cannot deviate from our path" so basically im stuck. I installed BoS:SR on a fresh install of KOTOR.

You aren't even supposed to go there. They're right! :thmbup1:
 Salzella
06-07-2009, 11:35 AM
Have you installed any other mods since installing BoS:SR?

no, but I have removed one, and since it was a robe mod, I suspect that's the problem. the problem probably lies either in the texture or the model... or possibly the shiny effect, since the female skins retain it and are unaffected by the issues. I'll try re-installing it.
 Silveredge9
06-07-2009, 12:22 PM
I've found a quite curious bug i had installed Bos:Sr plus put all of Redhawkes mods in my override and in KSE there are four items labelled Mandalorian battle armor, one is the normal blue, 2 are the normal battle armour just red and yellow but the last is a robe! without the Redhawke mods its just metalic silver but curiously with them its Invisible! all that can be seen is the characters head and a weapon if your carrying one!
The items you found (Including the invisible robe thing) in KSE aren't bugged, and are like that for a reason.

Also I'm guessing your having problems with character's appearances because you've installed another mod that doesn't use TSLPatcher after installing BoS:SR. And so it's 2DA's have been overridden.

So I just have to install KotOR and BoS:SR again?I never said you have to install KoTOR again. Always install BoS:SR last.

I just played through it, and enjoyed it - well... as much as it could be enjoyed, my (new) graphic card decided to shut down the game once in a while so it was a hell playing through it. But it was fun.
I have like ~70 saves of the entire mod.

But, I didn't seem to pick up this one - have I missed something? When do I see this?
http://screenshots.filesnetwork.com/67/files2/99985_70.jpg)

EDIT:
My favorite parts are:

* The battle of Malachor V - got shivers when I played through it.
* When the Jedi strike team attacked attacked Revan's ship, the entire sequence actually.
* As well as the crazy stuff going on in Czerka mining facility.

Also, of course, the character who you has a droid. Long, confusing name. A male. The guy who learned all the stuff the hard way. LOL. Nice voice acting.

It was too nice to see Revan's execution of Mandalore.

Some criticism if I may:

It was a bit annoying when you couldn't skip certain dialogues, cut scenes... (I had to save often due to my screwy graphic card). Far too many spoke the Twi'lek language, and I don't like Mandalore's swords, they don't look right. Oh... There were too many enemies to slaughter on the Korriban waste.

Overall, this mod is exciting to play through - I think it would be a LOT better if I could understand the plot too (had to skip everything). The custom areas were nice too. This is a great example of good team work!
Use spoiler tags if your going to write about the plot. It spoils it for others who have yet to play BoS:SR.

no, but I have removed one, and since it was a robe mod, I suspect that's the problem. the problem probably lies either in the texture or the model... or possibly the shiny effect, since the female skins retain it and are unaffected by the issues. I'll try re-installing it.The best thing to do would be just to clear your override and start again. Place any mods that don't use TSLPatcher in there first, and BoS:SR last.
 jedi_christian
06-07-2009, 12:55 PM
I never said you have to install KoTOR again. Always install BoS:SR last.
But I have installed all your mods in my override folder and the mod doesn't work ? So I thought that I have to install the game AND BoS:SR again :confused:
 Qui-Gon Glenn
06-07-2009, 1:01 PM
Ok... you are correct S9, Bek base problem must have been with another mod, although I cannot know for sure what it was - potentially Tomb of Jesset Dal'Kest. That is another subject though - happily not your mod's problem!

On another note, I have been surprised to see "Shadow"'s popping up in my Taris and then Dantooine Mk.1 playthrough. IIRC, there was also a little creeping addition to the Revan v Bastila and gang cutscene.... nice little bit there :)

Game crashed out on me again on Kashyyk, watching Jolee pwn katarns... I think this new Nvidia driver is more to blame than anything.

I apologize if I missed it, but when I hit Korriban, nobody has working audio dialog.... it all just skips through at light speed. I have not revisited it yet, nor have I seen if this is a known issue. This is on a fresh install of K1, with only a featgain.2da and forcepowergain.2da added... no other mods beyond BOSSR.
EDIT: Engine bug. Not the first time I have seen it.... shutdown and restart of game fixed it. Looking forward to getting to the good stuff!
 Silveredge9
06-07-2009, 3:59 PM
But I have installed all your mods in my override folder and the mod doesn't work ? So I thought that I have to install the game AND BoS:SR again :confused:Clear your override folder. Install any mods you want to install with exception to BoS:SR. Install BoS:SR. Then everything should work.
 Vaelastraz
06-07-2009, 4:05 PM
Finished the mod today (wow it's long!)... didn't encounter any (significant) bugs at all. But I started a fresh game and emptied my Override.

All I want to say is, thank you Silveredge9, for this amazing mod. Easily the most enjoyable mod I've ever played. The dialogue is amazing, better than Kotor's. It being voiced creates a lot of atmosphere, too. At first I was sceptical about that since it's hard to get professionally sounding dialogue from amateurs. But your voice actors did a fantastic job, especially Koyabashi.

Hats off to you, silveredge9. I think you could be a great lead designer in the business!
 Quanon
06-07-2009, 4:37 PM
*SPOILER*

M'yes, thats an annoying side effect of custome made areas.

The walkmesh isn't as save as those made by Bioware.
Best advice I can give is to stay clear of the borders.

Most of my walkmeshes follow the areas normally, don't go wall hugging or cliff jumping.

If your player gets stuck, switch to another party member.
If you're on your own, save and reload.

That should get you out of trouble.
 Ping
06-07-2009, 6:55 PM
Alright, I think this is a bug. I've already spoken to Kobayashi at the cantina, and then I went into the Czerka civilian quarters. Now, I can't enter the Mining facility. Any help would be nice.
 Darth Leo
06-07-2009, 7:19 PM
Finished the mod a few days ago. No huge bugs or any that have not already been mentioned.
:twocents:

1. Absolutely fantastic story. Totally believable and meshed well with the rest of the game. Akarakon Sin was probably my favourite original character. (A noble Sith King? Dude... like sign me up!) Also, Mec H'anic produce endless laughs. All characters are well flushed out, and their backstories believable. Certain plot element seemed like a stretch, though. (Koboyashi a Padawan? Ummmm...)

2. Great sidequests, especially Backwater Entertainment. "A danceoff? Wait, I meant to say, 'A what?'" :rofl:

3. Great new equipment. One of my favourite pieces was the Republic Robe, and the Sith Adviser Robes were brilliant. However, I found that some armors were a bit overpowered (helps for harder enemies in the mod, though). I found Mandalore's weapons... questionable (battlefans???), but the style of the handles and the overall look fit his character.
4. Non-Canon Locker: :3pdance:

I could go on, but no one really needs/wants to read this. :DAll I can say is... wow. It's clear that an enormous amount of effort and polish went into this project, and it really shows. I can't give Silver or his team enough praise. This has been the best mod I've ever played, for any game. Just... wow. :bow:
 Silveredge9
06-07-2009, 8:03 PM
Alright, I think this is a bug. I've already spoken to Kobayashi at the cantina, and then I went into the Czerka civilian quarters. Now, I can't enter the Mining facility. Any help would be nice.Could you be more specific? So you entered the Czerka Mining Facility, and then you reentered the Civilian Quarters. What exactly is stopping you from reentering the Mining Facility?

Certain plot element seemed like a stretch, though. (Koboyashi a Padawan? Ummmm...)It was something that was subtly hinted at a number of times even from Kobayashi's and Shadow's first meeting on the Orion. And given that after his master was killed (Or for the more observant of you, assassinated) and he ended up with Daemon Drexl as his mentor/father figure, it should be no surprise that he is the way he is.
 Ping
06-07-2009, 8:22 PM
Could you be more specific? So you entered the Czerka Mining Facility, and then you reentered the Civilian Quarters. What exactly is stopping you from reentering the Mining Facility?

Sorry for not being specific enough. What I meant was I entered the civilian quarters from Dreshdae. I explored a bit, then when back out to Dreshdae, then when I went back in, I couldn't get into the mining facility. The entrance itself is there, and it's appearing on the minimap correctly, but it won't let me enter for some reason.
 FaZzZa99
06-07-2009, 11:14 PM
because of the great depth and effort put into this mod i reckon the events and characters should be considered canon
 Darth_Osmers
06-08-2009, 3:07 AM

The items you found (Including the invisible robe thing) in KSE aren't bugged, and are like that for a reason.

Also I'm guessing your having problems with character's appearances because you've installed another mod that doesn't use TSLPatcher after installing BoS:SR. And so it's 2DA's have been overridden.

yep you were right the silver robe is back and Drix isnt Darth Revan anymore plus i must say BRILLIANT ROBE! ive actually decided to nickname it the Silveredge9 Robe (as its silver obviously)

and ive found something you might want to fix. While playing as Akirakon Sin in the module with the Rakatan Temple the link/transferpoint whatever its called to the South Beach on the unknown World is active, though it might be fun to beat Malak as Akirakon :lsduel:
 Silveredge9
06-08-2009, 8:42 AM
Sorry for not being specific enough. What I meant was I entered the civilian quarters from Dreshdae. I explored a bit, then when back out to Dreshdae, then when I went back in, I couldn't get into the mining facility. The entrance itself is there, and it's appearing on the minimap correctly, but it won't let me enter for some reason.So you are clicking on the door and nothing is happening?

and ive found something you might want to fix. While playing as Akirakon Sin in the module with the Rakatan Temple the link/transferpoint whatever its called to the South Beach on the unknown World is active, though it might be fun to beat Malak as Akirakon :lsduel: I'll look into it.
 ARC Cody
06-08-2009, 10:29 AM
Found a minor bug

When i side with Nat Koh after Roosh attacks him for the contract and kill Roosh, the completed quest in the journal states that i sided with Roosh and that Nat was killed.
 Lord of Hunger
06-08-2009, 1:39 PM
Akarakon Sin was probably my favourite original character. (A noble Sith King? Dude... like sign me up!)
Indeed, I loved the whole idea of the Sith, both species and ideology, beginning as something close to the Echani: evolution through conflict. Indeed, the idea that the Sith actually weaken themselves through backstabbing and betrayal is very accurate. What I think this teaches is that seeking power is not evil (as the Jedi seek power in the Force as well), it's the means that one ultimately acquires that power. Imagine what would have happened if Akirakon Sin hadn't been betrayed and went on to expand the Sith Empire: you'd have the polar opposite of the Infinite Empire and the Mandalorian Neo-Crusaders, a benevolent monarchy that helps people evolve through conflict. It would have been endlessly superior to the Galactic Republic, even if it might be a bit strict.

When you start to look at the Sith without their constant need to betray each other at every opportunity or kill off their weaker member, they can no longer be considered evil any more since it's betrayal and lack of mercy that makes them evil, not the fact that they utilize their emotions and it's certainly not that they wear black or carry red lightsabers. One should not be judged by one's race, creed, or appearance, but by one's actions.

Overall, Silveredge9, you handled the philosophical element of this mod PERFECTLY. It's very crucial that you did so since every decent work of fiction needs to have a decent philosophical element behind it or even the least philosophically-inclined will begin to take issue with it.

In order to balance out praise with criticism: Why are you assigning Dark Side points for activating the ancient Rakata defenses in the last mission of the Professional? I'm not sure why it is wrong to let an ancient security force do its job, or for that matter letting the relics of an ancient Dark Side empire fight members of a modern Dark Side empire. Nor is it particularly dishonest or sneaky either. But that's all IMO.

Again, this mod is 20/10. :D
 Silveredge9
06-08-2009, 2:19 PM
Found a minor bug

When i side with Nat Koh after Roosh attacks him for the contract and kill Roosh, the completed quest in the journal states that i sided with Roosh and that Nat was killed.
I'll look into it.

Why are you assigning Dark Side points for activating the ancient Rakata defenses in the last mission of the Professional? I'm not sure why it is wrong to let an ancient security force do its job, or for that matter letting the relics of an ancient Dark Side empire fight members of a modern Dark Side empire. Nor is it particularly dishonest or sneaky either. But that's all IMO.You don't get dark side points for activating the defenses. Though you do get some dark side points if you allow the Sith to execute the remaining workers, so I'm guessing it was just a case of the last one being killed just after you activated the defenses or something.

On another note, I'm disappointed nobody has discovered the easter egg I made reference too a few pages back. It's hinted at in one of the release screenshots, so the best thing to do would be to go through them all and determine which one isn't exactly fitting to be used as advertisement. :P
 Daos300
06-08-2009, 2:49 PM
You mean the Buddy Jesus reference with Solomon? I thought that should have been the poster for the game. :p
Page: 5 of 18