Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Brotherhood of Shadow: Solomon's Revenge

Page: 14 of 18
 ZacO32
06-29-2010, 12:29 PM
hey guys i have a problem with the mod i have o to the part where shadow and i are in the cave before the korroban wastes and she she just fated and haveing her flash back on the orion and just before she gose to see the captin the game crashed i have reinstaled the game and the mod and still nothing has fixed it is there anyway i can fix this problem ?
 darth trea
06-30-2010, 1:59 AM
:thmbup1: i have a way of warping if u need to.
look at the module folder and it put in warp then map name.
 ZacO32
06-30-2010, 8:03 AM
how would i go about warping ? sorry kindda new to all this :L haha
 Zhaboka
07-01-2010, 11:56 PM
So the Shadow just had her conversation with Drexl on the bridge of the Orion, Admiral Cole and Drexl have their chat, the transmission ends, and then Drexl says something about a wild fight. Then fade out, loads new level aaaaand... black. With gun sound effects. I know there's supposed to be a battle cinematic here, but it isn't playing, it just infinitely plays the black screen with the battle sound effects.

Help...?
 RC-0006 Raptor
07-02-2010, 2:14 PM
This has happened to me many times along with Kobayashi cutting into my cpu and stopping the game. Unfortunately the only solution I could find was to keep retrying and saving frequently before parts that black out. :(
 GeorgNihilus
07-02-2010, 4:51 PM
hey guys i have a problem with the mod i have o to the part where shadow and i are in the cave before the korroban wastes and she she just fated and haveing her flash back on the orion and just before she gose to see the captin the game crashed i have reinstaled the game and the mod and still nothing has fixed it is there anyway i can fix this problem ?
well after tinkering for hours with some scripts-dialogs looks like I figured out a way to go on playing after the crash to desktop in this instance (after waking up with Kobayashi in the Orion for 1є time, right after ending the mining tunnels module), as few people reported ... it won't be exactly a 'clean' bug fix but it might work for someone else besides me ...

if anyone interested shot me a PM 'cause some files are needed to do it ... :)

by the way, I'll post later my impressions when I finish the mod but this is really ... UNBELIEVABLE ... the scope-size of this ... I'm simply speechless :thmbup1: ...
 Zhaboka
07-05-2010, 3:04 PM
This has happened to me many times along with Kobayashi cutting into my cpu and stopping the game. Unfortunately the only solution I could find was to keep retrying and saving frequently before parts that black out. :(

All right, I'll just keep trying. Thanks for the response!
 madmatt9890
07-07-2010, 2:23 AM
I have installed this and after I talk to the rodian in the korriban cantina I get a blank journal entry. How do I fix this? Is there a way to uninstall it and reinstall the mod without messing with my saves if I have not played the mod on them yet? I also have the ord mantell and yavin IV mods installed, but there were no problems with my game until I talked to the rodian. I go to tatooine to meet daemon drex and he is not where he is supposed to be spawned. Please help, any information would be useful.
 Zhaboka
07-07-2010, 3:57 AM
Just finished the mod. AMAZING! Absolutely fantastic. Blah, blah, blah, everyone said this years ago. But yeah. Greatest mod I've ever played. Well, obviously, it's the top-rated mod in the entire community. BUT STILL. If you read this, Silveredge, your mod is still being greatly enjoyed a year later. :D
 GeorgNihilus
07-08-2010, 8:53 PM
Well, now I'm having an unbeatable Akirakon in here:

in Mandalore's capital ship, when I reach the scene where you fight Akirakon Sin and the mandalorians in the bridge (bos_stage2 module), everything goes OK except that Akirakon is invincible, I just can't damage him even using termal detonators, or even reducing A LOT the utc file properties!! AND I have re-played from the previous stage1 module ...
someone else should have this issue right? :yelhelp: ...

thanks on advance :raise:

Edit: nevermind, fixed. I had to change a script&dialog to advance nevertheless :raise: still don't have a clue why he's undefeatable, in 4 of the 5 'stage' modules ...
 Darth_Calo
07-12-2010, 3:02 AM
To Silveredge: I played through the original BoS, and I have to say, it was brilliant. I can only imagine the genius that has gone into the sequel. Once I finish my current game, I will backup my saves, uninstall all mods, and revel in this. Once again mate, you're work is top-notch.

DC
 CanadaDuck
07-16-2010, 1:47 PM
Hey guys, I recently got the Brotherhood of Shadows, Solomons Revenge mod for my KotOR on my PC.

Spoiler/:?
I have trouble pretty earlier in this mod, on the ship Orion.

After Deamon as taken over the ship and everyones dead from the Brotherhood fo Shadows guys, I have to find 3 codes inside droids to get open the Storage room door where the Artifact is. I have been everywhere and all over the ship and I can only find 3 droids, 2 of the smaller droids, and 1 medical droid. Only 1 of them gives me a code when I destroy it, the other 2 dont let me do anything, so I cant go on. If I force open the door, I cant interact with anything inside. Any Help?

Thanks,

CanadaDuck

From http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?p=2740129#post2740129)
 Mingo
07-16-2010, 4:12 PM
hey guys, i just downloaded this mod today and was wondering if i could get some help installing it. i was running the exe installer because i read the readme and it said thats the only way to ensure the solomons revenge mod didnt overwrite my other mods. anyway during the install i got an error for an unhandled exception and it is saying the access is denied. then the installer stops ( am running as administrator on windows 7) i have not tried a manual install yet because i wanted to be sure my other mods wouldnt be over written ( a few force power mods recruitable kay, and ord mandell) can someone lend me a hand? thanks
 GeorgNihilus
07-18-2010, 11:52 PM
Maybe someone already asked this but I just couldn't read all the posts :raise: ... so, I suppose I just need to wait and be patient for once to ...
restore back in my party both Carth and Canderous after finishing the main mod (I haven't finished the sidequests already, maybe just 1), so is that it or this is a bug and I'll lose them forever?

thanks on advance, UNBELIEVABLE mod Silver ... :thmbup1:

edit: solved :) I found Silver's post about warping to both tunnels and czerka main level to restore them to party. Fixed in the patch too although I haven't tried it yet. thanks anyway.
 skateordie808
07-19-2010, 6:20 PM
I just played through what I thought was the whole mod (which was INCREDIBLY AWESOME) but then I was going through some of the mod release screens and I realized,

I haven't gone into the sewers, I never talked to a bunch of jedi with malak on dantooine in the enclave, i never saw telena fighting shadow in the enclave either... also I went through KSE item list and there was a boatload of awesome stuff that I never saw before... anyone know why?

Edit: Well I did the assassination missions and gained most of the items I wanted and got in the non-canon foot locker, so I guess the only problem was that I didn't play the part with malak and revan on dantooine, but no biggie the mod was still amazing!
 GeorgNihilus
07-30-2010, 10:00 PM
What about the inventory BEFORE starting this mod? :roleyess: I can't seem to recover it after finishing this mod ... and I have travelled to 3 planets already ... :raise:
 Darth Dan 012
08-10-2010, 10:25 PM
I'm in the administrator's office and I can't get out, Shadow's not even with me.
 Silveredge9
08-18-2010, 1:06 PM
Just want to give my thanks to the members who have been replying to posts in my stead over the past year or so. I haven't been active at all for a good while now, and many questions have gone unanswered. Unfortunately this isn't likely to change any time soon. I moved on from KoTOR modding a long time ago and found other things to occupy my time (Work mostly, haha). Besides, my knowledge of KoTOR modding and especially the inner workings of BoS:SR isn't what it used to be, so I probably wouldn't be much help anyway. :P

Though I'm surprised nobody ever discovered the easter egg I mentioned in past posts. If I remember correctly there was a gizka in the Czerka Compound which you could release from its cage. The easter egg is activated when you go near the Gizka and activate the detonator found in the Administrator side quest. Have fun!
 Darth Dan 012
08-19-2010, 11:55 PM
The gizka killing everyone was funny as hell, such an awesome easter egg.
 Darth Weasel
08-20-2010, 12:23 AM
This is hands down my favorite KotOR 1 Mod. I've played through it 3 times and still can't get over how awesome it is.
 MishraArtificer
08-21-2010, 1:42 AM
This is hands down my favorite KotOR 1 Mod. I've played through it 3 times and still can't get over how awesome it is.+1.

Nothing further need be said.
 GeorgNihilus
08-21-2010, 10:48 AM
Outstanding mod Silver, what else can be said :bow: ... the modules detailed reskinning, the depth of every character (specially Kobayashi and Matilda herself), the amazing new weapons and most important, the history behind it is really impressive.

thanks you and your team for all the hard work and time!! :thmbup1:
 ChordRT
09-14-2010, 12:34 AM
So the Shadow just had her conversation with Drexl on the bridge of the Orion, Admiral Cole and Drexl have their chat, the transmission ends, and then Drexl says something about a wild fight. Then fade out, loads new level aaaaand... black. With gun sound effects. I know there's supposed to be a battle cinematic here, but it isn't playing, it just infinitely plays the black screen with the battle sound effects.

Help...?

Did you ever get any info on what is causing this or how to fix it?
 salam263
09-14-2010, 4:59 AM
Hi, everyone!, I have tried to install this mod.. but it dosn't work! I have checked my files and the mod is there but there's no bos_save on the game and it isn't any absolute different from the usial game.... PLEASE HELP ME!

By the way i'm kinda new here and i just wanna say that i really support your mod!
 Intress
09-24-2010, 3:29 AM
I've only noticed two, possibly, three problems so far with this mod and I'm not exactly sure how to fix any of them.

The first thing I noticed, was many of the models seemed to get switched around a lot. One save file I had Verbal's model become a human in a red jacket, and I had Sin turn into what looked like a default player model. I've had his brethren turn into wraids and other models with Sara Degana, Drix, and Walon turning into player models, and now Drix turned into a Gamorrean. I figured it was a problem with appearance.2da, but I know nothing about editing .2da files and have no idea why the models rarely seem to be consistent.

The second problem I had was after finishing the mod and attempting to leave the Czerka Mining Facility, the game exited to the main menu when I tried entering Dreshdae. Any attempt to enter into it from the Civilian Quarters, warping to the Ebon Hawk and exiting the ship, or warping anywhere on Korriban quit the game to the menu and lock up the controls. It only happened on one save that I've since deleted, but I'd prefer it to not happen again and haven't progressed that far into the mod again yet. I had to make sure I finished Korriban before I attempted the mod again, and now these randomly switched models are worrying me.

The last problem may not even be related, yet when I go into Dreshdae from the space port I occasionally hear a sound in the background as if a rodian is being tortured. I don't know if it's related or even anything to worry about, but I figured I may as well mention it.

Since I've finished Korriban and will be doing the mod I'm not expecting problems with it crashing after I'm done to matter at this point. That being said does anyone know what can be done to fix the model issues, or if just some editing/reinstalling is all I can do?
 Qui-Gon Glenn
09-24-2010, 9:44 PM
The first thing I noticed, was many of the models seemed to get switched around a lot. One save file I had Verbal's model become a human in a red jacket, and I had Sin turn into what looked like a default player model. I've had his brethren turn into wraids and other models with Sara Degana, Drix, and Walon turning into player models, and now Drix turned into a Gamorrean. I figured it was a problem with appearance.2da, but I know nothing about editing .2da files and have no idea why the models rarely seem to be consistent.This is definitely a 2da issue, caused either by improper order of mod installation(I will look for an old post I made on this subject) or by OS issues. Not BoS:SR related, this is user error, no offense :)

The second problem I had was after finishing the mod and attempting to leave the Czerka Mining Facility, the game exited to the main menu when I tried entering Dreshdae. Any attempt to enter into it from the Civilian Quarters, warping to the Ebon Hawk and exiting the ship, or warping anywhere on Korriban quit the game to the menu and lock up the controls. It only happened on one save that I've since deleted, but I'd prefer it to not happen again and haven't progressed that far into the mod again yet. I had to make sure I finished Korriban before I attempted the mod again, and now these randomly switched models are worrying me.Not sure about this one... played the mod through several times and not encountered it. What other mods do you have installed? Do you happen to have Agent Xim's Korriban Caves or RedHawke's Ord Mantell installed? Those will have conflicting scripts with BoS:SR. There are workarounds, we can work that out after you correctly install the mods. I would recommend not warping around that much when there are so many triggers you can break.... Korriban is loaded with stuff going on, so warping around before certain booleans have been set or triggers plucked will b*tchslap your game.

The last problem may not even be related, yet when I go into Dreshdae from the space port I occasionally hear a sound in the background as if a rodian is being tortured. I don't know if it's related or even anything to worry about, but I figured I may as well mention it.This is part of what goes on in Korriban... it is a dark place, with torture n junk.
 Intress
09-25-2010, 3:39 PM
This is definitely a 2da issue, caused either by improper order of mod installation(I will look for an old post I made on this subject) or by OS issues. Not BoS:SR related, this is user error, no offense :)

None taken :) I figured it had to have been something I did while installing the mods, only thing is I'm not sure what or how. I put all the non-TSL patcher ones in first, and then installed the rest after. The only thing I haven't done is cleared out the modules folder, cause I don't remember what's supposed to be in there by default and didn't feel like messing with stuff I didn't need to. Think I should just back up my saves and reinstall the game and the mods afterwards?

Not sure about this one... played the mod through several times and not encountered it. What other mods do you have installed? Do you happen to have Agent Xim's Korriban Caves or RedHawke's Ord Mantell installed? Those will have conflicting scripts with BoS:SR. There are workarounds, we can work that out after you correctly install the mods. I would recommend not warping around that much when there are so many triggers you can break.... Korriban is loaded with stuff going on, so warping around before certain booleans have been set or triggers plucked will b*tchslap your game.

The only mods I have installed besides BoS:SR are:

Challenge Sith

Fast Feats, Feat Progression, Force Power Feat Gain

Save Malak, Sherruk uses Lightsabers

Any Spell, Force Destruction, Force Quake, K1 Force Power Pack v2, Multi-Kill & Plague

Male Head Pack by Inyriforge

Bralor the Mandalorian, Enhanced Merchants, Mind-Bot

EZSwoop

Davik on Ebon Hawk, Super Skip Taris

Bastila Romance Enhancement, Glitch Fix, Juhani Romance

Star Forge Revan's Robes by SithRevan, Revan Robe Fix by Drizen I believe is the one I have.

and Lightsaber Choices v2 I think is the newest one.

Other than that I had A Lost Sith On A Nameless World with the Fix(which seemed to have a conflict somehwere), Zombie Planet (which had a warning during install), T3-M4 Workbench , Force Resurrect (had a file missing somehow?), and 90SK's Robes (I thought it changed Ajunta Pall's model to any evern worse choice so I removed it, then the model stayed the same and I just never bothered putting it back in).

I'm not sure if it'll happen again because it didn't happen until after I had finished BoS:SR and was going to finish Korriban since I put it off to play the mod. I tried warping to see if it was just that particular exit, or just Dreshdae, or the entirety of Korriban that was an issue. Korriban was just broken somehow. Other those few times I hadn't warped before on that file and I've since deleted it and started over from an earlier one (had to replay Kashyyyk and Manaan) where I just finished the first BoS quest. However, Drix's model had changed since the last time I had saved, so I didn't go any farther in the quest line and thought it best if I come here and ask around.

This is part of what goes on in Korriban... it is a dark place, with torture n junk. I was just curious cause I've never heard that sound playing at the part of Korriban. Just seems weird I'd have Rodian pain/death sounds playing as I'm entering Deshdae just after getting off the Ebon Hawk. As long as nothings wrong there, that's fine.

Thanks for replying, I'm quite stumped to be honest. I'm thinking the best bet is to just backup saves and reinstall everything afterwards. Other than that I'm not sure what to do, cause I'm not knowledgeable and don't need to mess up anything trying to edit files.
 Qui-Gon Glenn
09-25-2010, 3:56 PM
90SK's RobesSuspect Numero Uno.
I was just curious cause I've never heard that sound playing at the part of Korriban. Just seems weird I'd have Rodian pain/death sounds playing as I'm entering Deshdae just after getting off the Ebon Hawk. As long as nothings wrong there, that's fine.I think it is part of a change in the ambient music switched after you have your first encounters with Sith Academy students torturing civilians for fun :devburn:
Thanks for replying, I'm quite stumped to be honest. I'm thinking the best bet is to just backup saves and reinstall everything afterwards. Other than that I'm not sure what to do, cause I'm not knowledgeable and don't need to mess up anything trying to edit files. I might be concerned about your savegames... they may not work well with a fresh install. That is a sad part of saves with conflicted mods in them...

Welcome to the forums!
 Intress
09-25-2010, 8:20 PM
Suspect Numero Uno.

So, 90SK's robes is the likely cause? I was having the models switch on me before I used the mod if I recall, then I installed it and Ajunta Pall changed from a dark jedi to some vaguely Nemo/Deadeye Duncan lookalike. I think maybe after that my character model started changing too. Model would change to a female twi'lek or the hooded dark jedi model. I didn't know what caused it, but fixed it with KSE and then stopped using it the minute I saw Pall, and afterwards his model never returned to normal.

I think it is part of a change in the ambient music switched after you have your first encounters with Sith Academy students torturing civilians for fun :devburn:

Huh, interesting. I've never had that happen before. As long as it's nothing I should be concerned about.

I might be concerned about your savegames... they may not work well with a fresh install. That is a sad part of saves with conflicted mods in them...

Oh well, I've had to restart before. Well, if the saves no longer work then that's just something I'll have to deal with. So, what do you propose? Should I reinstall everything and hope for the best, or figure something else out? I liked 90SK's robes, but if they're gonna cause problems with my 2da's then I don't think I'll be able to use them in the future.

Thank you for your welcome, glad to be hear. :D

EDIT: In your opinion Qui-Gon, would you suggest I not use 90SK's because it would cause this problem again? Do you know of a similar mod reskins the default robes or adds new ones, and won't cause any problems? I did quite enjoy the way they looked, because if not I think maybe I'll just stick with robes for BoS:SR.
 salam263
09-29-2010, 1:50 AM
well, you don't need to worry about me now, i got it all installed and it's GREAT! but i can't get any further becouse i don't know what to do.....
I am at new the korriban place (at that floor with the elivator..) and i can't get further in the game becouse i can't find that white guy with a red nose anywhere so i can't get to the mining facility (i just guess you need him becouse the woman tells me that i there are supposed to be 3 guys coming and i could only replace 2 on that consoll that the twi'lek gave me and that was shadow and me..)
anyway, it would be great if anyone could help me :)
 Qui-Gon Glenn
09-29-2010, 5:51 PM
@intress: 90SK and I have never gotten along fabulously, but there are personal reasons and professional ones that have been discussed here and elsewhere for that. I never recommend his mods for that alone, but also the legitimate problem is that he uses slots and spaces that many other mods use, which creates app.2da problems for everyone that uses his mods. I suggest isolating stuff you like and implementing it manually, rather than installing his whole mod. Then you can avoid some of these issues. Try your saves, they may work, it just is not a guarantee.

@salam263 - look at your journal entries. If you need Kobayashi, track down where and when he is supposed to be by reading your journal. It will probably tell you the next step.
 Qui-Gon Glenn
10-02-2010, 3:02 PM
i have read them and the one that tells me what to do, tells me that i should be able to go to that meeting now.. but i can't. the woman tells me that there are supposed to be three guys cooming to that meeting.... And right after that the party selection screen turns up and i can choose who i should have with me.. but then i try talking to the woman again.. same thing happen... and i can't get thrue the door either.... is something wrong or is it i who don't know what to do?
I remember having a little difficulty here once, maybe....

Kobayshi likes to get himself into trouble. You may need to look around for him in different areas that you can access... for some reason I think you find him where you wouldn't necessarily expect him, because he has been *delayed*.

I know I am being a little cryptic, but honestly I cannot remember how it plays out. You may be having an instance of mod conflict, but I cannot be sure. Try exhausting accessible Korriban for Kobayashi's presence, and if you cannot find him, then perhaps we can delve further.
 Aerial_ace
11-12-2010, 5:23 PM
Hi guys Ive been playing Sob:SR and have found a spot were it constantly crashes for me its after u get into the catacombs and when Shadow has her vision when she first boards the Orion after they have there little chat and they say they are going to meet the captain screen goes black and hangs for a bit before it crashes Ive tried multiple times from the auto save its made and from an earlier save i made i'm re-installing it now to see if it works but thought i would post in case some one new a fix. If it still crashes then i will try on a clean install of KotOR

OK after i reinstalled the mod and patched it to 1.1 if i load my earlier save just after entering the Czerka part of korriban Shadow now has Malaks model and a droid for a picture WTH
 Onmi
11-20-2010, 8:14 AM
I gotta say I was fine with the mod up until the end, the final Solomon battles weren't fun they were just annoying.

Fighting a high powered boss is fine, fighting him alone is okay, fighting him alone when your combat focused and thus lacking on healing supplies I can deal with, but pile on all of that, his insane force resistance, and his tenancy to come back 5 times in a row, not to mention after all that he's STILL NOT DEAD now that's just trying my patience.

Now despite these complaints I still LIKE the mod, and consider it a great testament to modding capabilities. It's just near the end... eeeeehhhhhh it dragged on, tried my patience and wasn't so much challenging as cheap.

still thumbs up

EDIT: Oh on the other hand, that one fight near the end against those guys you know who I'm talking about, THAT was fun. because there was tactics along with the powerful enemies
 QKVenGeaNce
12-01-2010, 1:04 PM
Hi, I am awed by the awesomeness of Kotor and Kotor 2 since the first xbox era. Since I am replaying this great game in PC (bought it with Valve discount), I stumbled upon this mod but found its megaupload link unavailable, also the filefront link attempt is also futile.

Please please anyone still has this mod please upload it to an alternative link (such as mediafire, etc) so that I can enjoy the best mod for Kotor 1. My apology if my grammar is not correct, I am not an English native :)
 Tizzle
12-02-2010, 6:37 PM
You can find it on Filefront with a bunch of otehr Mods for both KotOR and TSL

I got to say I really enjoy this mod, though now my game stops working after the flashback of the Revanchist ( the one you get when talking about Shadow's past. After the cutscene where Shadow walks out of the Enclave my screen turns black and the game just crashes and returns to my desktop.

Does anybody know what can be the problem?
 Qui-Gon Glenn
12-04-2010, 12:55 AM
I gotta say I was fine with the mod up until the end, the final Solomon battles weren't fun they were just annoying.

Fighting a high powered boss is fine, fighting him alone is okay, fighting him alone when your combat focused and thus lacking on healing supplies I can deal with, but pile on all of that, his insane force resistance, and his tenancy to come back 5 times in a row, not to mention after all that he's STILL NOT DEAD now that's just trying my patience.

Now despite these complaints I still LIKE the mod, and consider it a great testament to modding capabilities. It's just near the end... eeeeehhhhhh it dragged on, tried my patience and wasn't so much challenging as cheap.

still thumbs upI always considered s9's storytelling to be a bridge between the two games, and so Solomon to me is a foreshadowing of Sion, perhaps even is Sion. Just my hazy opinion...
 DarthCarnivorouS
12-04-2010, 10:53 AM
Silveredge has advised to use this thread to post bug description, so I shall do just that. but since it's 2 o'clock at night, I will go for the lazy option and just quote the message I sent to his email address:

dear SilverEdge,
the by-default-provided savegame file is corrupt (because of one of the mods you used which added up an entirely new planet) and it keeps on crashing the game from time to time (it does not happen all the time and it usually does if you're outside the actual BoS modules). if needed, I can provide you with an ok savegame file. that's the first issue.
the other issue is that you have not handled string variables for quest descriptions correctly - you can open up any BoS save with the kotor savegame editor, take a look at the quest list and see the error where a quest description should be. (it actually tells you that you forgot to put some brackets somewhere). I will provide you with a screenshot, if needed. the reason I blame this mod for it is that I have started a new game with the BoS installed, all the other mods turned off etc., and have got this error right after receiving the first BoS quest. the error is permanent and is in all BoS quest descriptions.
third issue. Bastila's portrait is just a blank square if you start playing the game with BoS installed and Bastila's in your party. her portrait in the 3x3 teammates square is not blank, however, just the one in the left bottom corner of your team's blank for some reason.
fourth issue. one of the first BoS quests. I do not remember the exact name of it, however. but it's the one you need to gather the keys from three different droids. this one has got two bugs in general:
1) if you have unlocked the storage room previously using your computer skill, you come back to the Orion and you can actually merely unlock the door and find this traitor there, who will ignore you (but the door's open!). the funny part is when he sends you on an errand to free him (why even free a traitor, why not let him die there?). the door's unlocked! so he's just standing there, waiting for you to rescue him. apparently, he's been blinded be his own foolishness :D
2) when gathering keys, if you walk way too fast, you can find yourself in a situation where you have the third group of shadows "defeated", but you have walked past the second one unnoticed (that could actually happen if you would have been using your camouflage skill as well, I suppose). the door to the second group is being sealed, so you can't possibly reach them, and the game does not let you continue on with the main quest unless you have them defeated, which is quite a pain in the... back, if you're just as minimalistic as I am and you're using two saves (quick and non-quick).

p.s. I'm using BoS patched to v1.1.
by the way, the gathering keys for "unlocking the door to the traitor + the sith artifact" quest is quite weird, I know your reasons for making the player gather one key at a time and then return to the computer, but.. isn't that strange? I mean, it's just a key, you would have been far more efficient by gathering all three of them in one glorious stroke (that is: gather each key, return to the computer). why would you possibly want to return to the computer having just one key and then going for the next one?
 Urthor
12-04-2010, 9:45 PM
Yello just posting this issue as it seems the most alive place of discussion for the mod
I have loaded brotherhood of shadows solomons revenge onto kotor and I am playing it on a save file that was just about to go to star forge before I loaded the mod
I could finish the standard bos section but I can't start the encounter with the black robe guy
When I walk into the ebon hawk there is no cutscene it's just the standard view
There is a also some bug where I can replay the bos quest from the bith a second time but it just puts all npc's in the room
Any help with this would be much appreciated
ps no mod conflicts
 DarthCarnivorouS
12-04-2010, 10:59 PM
Yello just posting this issue as it seems the most alive place of discussion for the mod
I have loaded brotherhood of shadows solomons revenge onto kotor and I am playing it on a save file that was just about to go to star forge before I loaded the mod
I could finish the standard bos section but I can't start the encounter with the black robe guy
When I walk into the ebon hawk there is no cutscene it's just the standard view
There is a also some bug where I can replay the bos quest from the bith a second time but it just puts all npc's in the room
Any help with this would be much appreciated
ps no mod conflicts

just read the readme file again, it specifically tells you, that you either have to start a new game with BoS installed before it's been started OR use some savegame that has been done by somebody else in a game with BoS installed.
I hope, this will solve the issue.
and yes, it had better be a new game with all the other mods turned off or a savegame which has been done in a game with all the other mods turned off.
 Urthor
12-05-2010, 1:52 AM
Thanks sorry for being so stupid and not reading the readme
 Silveredge9
12-07-2010, 11:01 AM

still thumbs up

EDIT: Oh on the other hand, that one fight near the end against those guys you know who I'm talking about, THAT was fun. because there was tactics along with the powerful enemiesIn retrospective the fights were probably too difficult for character builds other than Jedi Guardian, even WITH the patch. I can't quite remember the reasoning behind it all, but I imagine it had something to do with wanting the fights to last more than a minute. Wouldn't be much fun if you could kick Mandalore's ass in under 10 seconds. :P

I always considered s9's storytelling to be a bridge between the two games, and so Solomon to me is a foreshadowing of Sion, perhaps even is Sion. Just my hazy opinion...How do you come to that conclusion? Out of curiosity.
 Onmi
12-09-2010, 9:49 PM
In retrospective the fights were probably too difficult for character builds other than Jedi Guardian, even WITH the patch. I can't quite remember the reasoning behind it all, but I imagine it had something to do with wanting the fights to last more than a minute. Wouldn't be much fun if you could kick Mandalore's ass in under 10 seconds. :P

Well it would have helped if there was a more open arena. Consider the fight against the party if you take them straight up there you will die in an instant, but if you lead them out and take them 1 on 1 or 1 on 2 you stand a chance. It gives you the feeling that you can win this fight.

Compare that to the fight I was complaining about, you basically have to engage him on a narrow corridor, he's stronger than you, he's immune to nearly all of your force powers almost all the time (so you can't cast Mass Stasis and then bolt to get some breathing room) and he can take out 3/4ths of your entire health bar in a single hit.

When you fought him with Shadow earlier on at least you could run away and regain your breath. This was not helped by my computer being a PoS and the particle effects in the background lagging it beyond belief.
 GeorgNihilus
12-11-2010, 11:13 AM
Well it would have helped if there was a more open arena. Consider the fight against the party if you take them straight up there you will die in an instant, but if you lead them out and take them 1 on 1 or 1 on 2 you stand a chance. It gives you the feeling that you can win this fight.

Compare that to the fight I was complaining about, you basically have to engage him on a narrow corridor, he's stronger than you, he's immune to nearly all of your force powers almost all the time (so you can't cast Mass Stasis and then bolt to get some breathing room) and he can take out 3/4ths of your entire health bar in a single hit.

When you fought him with Shadow earlier on at least you could run away and regain your breath. This was not helped by my computer being a PoS and the particle effects in the background lagging it beyond belief.

Well I don't remember exactly the battle with Shadow but about the bridge one, you must consider his armor, his uti and his -awesome by the way- giant swords. The utc is brg_mandalore.utc within bos_bridge.mod module (/modules folder obvious). The swords are bos_mandaxe and bos_mandaxe2.uti and they are in Override folder. Finally, his armor is bos_mandarmor.uti also in Override.
I remember his swords being particulary powerful as well as his armor.

You need to edit lowering all these to fix the corridor battle to your kind of challenge and/or to avoid running away right after starting the duel. Post me if u want my tinkered stuff ;) ...

hope that helps :)
 Onmi
12-12-2010, 7:35 AM
Well I don't remember exactly the battle with Shadow but about the bridge one, you must consider his armor, his uti and his -awesome by the way- giant swords. The utc is brg_mandalore.utc within bos_bridge.mod module (/modules folder obvious). The swords are bos_mandaxe and bos_mandaxe2.uti and they are in Override folder. Finally, his armor is bos_mandarmor.uti also in Override.
I remember his swords being particulary powerful as well as his armor.

You need to edit lowering all these to fix the corridor battle to your kind of challenge and/or to avoid running away right after starting the duel. Post me if u want my tinkered stuff ;) ...

hope that helps :)

Oh no no no, not the battle against Mandalore, THAT was easy, if a little bit long. I meant the battle in Taris with Shadow vs Solomon. Sure Solomon was better than you but you could at least distance yourself enough to heal up.

I was saying that it was a well paced fight. Against Mandalore you have backup so you can at least plan the battle out
 GeorgNihilus
12-12-2010, 8:48 PM
Oh no no no, not the battle against Mandalore, THAT was easy, if a little bit long. I meant the battle in Taris with Shadow vs Solomon. Sure Solomon was better than you but you could at least distance yourself enough to heal up.

I was saying that it was a well paced fight. Against Mandalore you have backup so you can at least plan the battle out
so what's the problem? Solomon too hard in Taris or what?? :raise: I haven't checked yet but that utc (Solomon's) probably wasn't edited by Silver's patch ...
 Onmi
12-13-2010, 9:04 AM
so what's the problem? Solomon too hard in Taris or what?? :raise: I haven't checked yet but that utc (Solomon's) probably wasn't edited by Silver's patch ...

There isn't a problem, I was saying it was a good example in comparison to The solomon boss fight in the ritual room. the one where he comes back to life 5+ times, still isn't dead even after that, and just becomes an exercise in frustration

Maybe I didn't make it clear that I had finished the mod and was just commenting on what I felt went beyond 'difficult' because there's no way to get breathing room (your engaged on a very narrow strip, the arena itself is small and your health bar gets cut like 3 quarters of the way in one attack) and there's very little ability to heal.

If he had just gone down the first time you killed him, I would have called it fair but I understand why S9 did what he did (mostly make sure the fight didn't end in 5 seconds after hyping him so much) the problem stems from YOU not nearly having the same endurance as the boss.

Although I dunno, maybe it's just me who sucked at that fight, maybe I had terrible luck how did everyone else fair on it?
 DarthCarnivorouS
12-14-2010, 11:02 PM
Another bug:
when you complete the final quest and return back to the miners' complex through the mining tunnels, Matilda's still standing there.
(a long-lasting vision....)
 rnaj525
12-30-2010, 11:00 PM
Help please! In the Residential Area on Korriban (Where the Mandalorian and the Czerka Merchant is) There is a locked door with a Protocol Droid outside it which you can reprogram to kill the Mandalorian. Well, I can't open the door. It is locked up tight. I did everything, all the side quests, the main quest, and I can't open the door. Please help!
 IRevenX
01-01-2011, 12:21 AM
omg im obsessed with kotor! but where is the downloading button?
Page: 14 of 18