Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Brotherhood of Shadow: Solomon's Revenge

Page: 8 of 18
 The Betrayer
07-04-2009, 5:11 AM
the last akirakon sin fight with the party members doesnt make total sense
like y would HK-47 want to kill revan when he created him, Mission and Big Z, because how coulld revan hav affected them? Matilda, because she does Revans every will, Canderous, because Revan totally kicked the mandalorians backsides in the mandalorian war and respects him for that, and Jolee, who would have been on Kashyyyk in the shadowlands during revan's time as sith lord

Correct me if I'm wrong, but those are not really your party members, they are illusions made by Arikakon Sin.
 ganoesparan06
07-04-2009, 6:25 AM
Im encountering weirdness and I dont know whats causing it.

When I finish up Lehon and leave in the Ebon Hawk, I get a black screen with the music running after the leaving movie runs.
Bit like the Nvidia Graphics Card bug that I was experiencing but I fixed that.

I dont know if this is a bug caused by BoS either as a conflict with something else, or just random weirdness.
Anyone else getting this and know how to solve it?
 X-Wing Pilot 5
07-04-2009, 8:16 PM
Been playing the mod and I'm stuck...
How do you get the other two code keys? I got the first from the robot in my quarters, but I can't find any others. The only other astromech I can find is M4H4, and all it has is a bunch of audio recordings? Where are the two other droids?
 The Betrayer
07-04-2009, 9:09 PM
Been playing the mod and I'm stuck...
How do you get the other two code keys? I got the first from the robot in my quarters, but I can't find any others. The only other astromech I can find is M4H4, and all it has is a bunch of audio recordings? Where are the two other droids?

After you get the code key from the droid in your quarters, put it in the terminal. Then, find the medical droid, get his code key, and put it in the terminal. After inputting the medical droid's, you can get M4H4's code key.
 Darth_Osmers
07-05-2009, 8:29 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but those are not really your party members, they are illusions made by Arikakon Sin.

oh yeah i forgot he (Akirakon) goes inside revans head, interesting having the fight with the illusion party members on top of the temple of ancients on the unknown world, seems a bit like whats to come really for Revan with the fight with bastila in the same place
 Silveredge9
07-06-2009, 8:10 PM
I would like to say that I am also finding the Manniquin looking Kobiyashi bug at the final battle with Akirakon Sin. Instead of being Possessed Solomon he is the puppet kobiyashi.

Its very weird.Any bugs where characters have an appearance that doesn't belong to them will have been caused by appearance.2da problems brought about by installing other mods after having installed BoS:SR. My best advice would be to simply reinstall the mod.

hey silver first of all i want to congratulate you on a job well done a well put together. Second wanted to ask you two things dont know if there spoilers or not so will put it in as a spoiler you can take it from there.

1st one is:
is kobiyashi suppose to join your group in the temple after verbal rescue's you, right now i only get the mec hanic guy joining me everytime. first time game, and a clean install. Yup, that's a bug. Seems like a random misfire. Have you tried reinstalling the mod?

3:
after getting to the main temple or the core where the shadow is standing getting attacked by sith as there spawned and then nothing else happens, i figure it was trigger delay or something but nothing is still happening. and when i talk to shadow she just says something to the effect that she cant talk untill we get back to the ebon hawk, is this where im suppose to fight solomon. well ive wiped out my override and reinstalling and seeing if that does the trick will keep you updated.This bug is in consequence of the other one where for whatever reason Kobayashi wasn't joining your party.

Im encountering weirdness and I dont know whats causing it.

When I finish up Lehon and leave in the Ebon Hawk, I get a black screen with the music running after the leaving movie runs.
Bit like the Nvidia Graphics Card bug that I was experiencing but I fixed that.

I dont know if this is a bug caused by BoS either as a conflict with something else, or just random weirdness.
Anyone else getting this and know how to solve it?BoS:SR doesn't alter any scripts from that section of the game.
 Revan Starsaber
07-06-2009, 11:03 PM
Thanks very much for a fantastic mod. I thoroughly enjoyed playing it this past weekend.

I wanted to bring your attention to the following bugs/issues I encountered that haven't yet been addressed by anyone else in this forum:

(1) Since I installed the mod, the fifth Asian head (PMHA05) now has a strange and prominent outline on the front portion of his head. It looks like PMHA05hair.tga is primarily affected. Is there any way I can remove this outline?

(2) During the battle with Drexl on the Orion in the escape pod area (where he whips out his blue lightsaber and subsequently poisons me), there are two Exchange thugs with him. Whenever I play the mod, the thug to Drexl's right is headless. Is there a way I can restore his or her head?

(3) In the flashback where I play as Akirakon Sin and I am informed by one of the shadows that the advisors would like to speak with me (to betray me), I explored the area a bit prior to heading to the top of the temple. I was able to enter the South Beach area, and this took me to "present-day" Lehon (e.g., blue skies, green grass, the little gizka blows itself up on the plasma vents). Is this a bug?

(4) Someone else touched upon this, but would it be possible to make the complete Republic Commando appearance (armor, mask, black head revealing no hair) into a "Disguise," like for Mandalorians and Sith soldiers? Is there a way for the model you used for the Commandos to temporarily replace our Player-Character's appearance when we don the [not yet made] Republic Commando armor?

The only other mods I have in my Override folder are the "cutstart" mod and modifications to some items and merchant inventories. Thanks.

I have had to delete a post that was off-topic here. FYI to all, any and all discussions about down or inoperative links need to be handled via PM with the mod makers or as per the instructions located in the stuck FAQ thread in this forum. Thanks. -RH
 Silveredge9
07-08-2009, 12:27 PM
(1) Since I installed the mod, the fifth Asian head (PMHA05) now has a strange and prominent outline on the front portion of his head. It looks like PMHA05hair.tga is primarily affected. Is there any way I can remove this outline?Yeah, I've noticed this myself. It will be fixed in the forthcoming patch.

(2) During the battle with Drexl on the Orion in the escape pod area (where he whips out his blue lightsaber and subsequently poisons me), there are two Exchange thugs with him. Whenever I play the mod, the thug to Drexl's right is headless. Is there a way I can restore his or her head?No reason for this to happen at all. Have you tried reinstalling the mod?

(3) In the flashback where I play as Akirakon Sin and I am informed by one of the shadows that the advisors would like to speak with me (to betray me), I explored the area a bit prior to heading to the top of the temple. I was able to enter the South Beach area, and this took me to "present-day" Lehon (e.g., blue skies, green grass, the little gizka blows itself up on the plasma vents). Is this a bug?Already reported, and is fixed in the forthcoming patch.

(4) Someone else touched upon this, but would it be possible to make the complete Republic Commando appearance (armor, mask, black head revealing no hair) into a "Disguise," like for Mandalorians and Sith soldiers? Is there a way for the model you used for the Commandos to temporarily replace our Player-Character's appearance when we don the [not yet made] Republic Commando armor?
I seem to remember that it wasn't possible, which is the reason it isn't available as an equippable item in the mod.

Also I'm aware that some are unable to download BoS:SR from KoTORFiles. FileFront as a whole is apparently suffering from some issues at the moment, so my best advice would be to just wait it out.
 JoesGuy
07-09-2009, 2:00 AM
Here's one I don't think anyone has yet mentioned:

After Solomon's death and Channa is overlooking the cliff, the game crashes every time at the same spot after Kobayashi says "Enjoying the view."

A problem on my end, or has this happened to anyone else?

Fantastic mod, by the way. There's been so much effort invested in it and it shows. ^_^
 Cabron
07-09-2009, 6:15 AM
This has got to be one of the weirdest post ive ever writen, but I really have some strong feelings about this mod. After playing it for almost 10 hours I have to say its the best adventure mod I have ever played (and Im a Morrowind mod user, and that community has some of the best) the voice acting, new armor designs & dialogue (although a bit heavy handed) rivals some of the profesional stuff out here, its truly a magnificent experience. But Im also a Dungeon Master with more than 20 years of experience and I can honestly say that the technical problems as well as the actual design of the adventure bring the experience crashing down. first of all, the mind numbing fighting the same super foes over and over AND OVER again grew boring by the third flashback, plus the unfairness of some of the fights (now I know how Neo felt) really detracted from a great story. Not only are those fights repetitive and boring (especially for flashback sequences which are supposed to be fairly easy to move the story along) but the are NOT "epic" since you only have to wonder how many time you have to kick their butt, and stare at the action menu for the next medpack or attack combo. After my third reload from one of these "final" fights I was ready to bail from the frustration; all I wanted was to get on with the wonderful story and had to deal with "so you think you have defeated me? crap. Sadly the option seems to have been taken out of my hands; after the fourth "final" fight (with the soldiers and the Sin guy aboard the comand ship) the autosave loads and crashed straight away (turned off the PC forawhile but still isnt working) and since my last save befor that is playing the Sin dude (about 4 10 minute fights before my last save) it appears I spent about 8 hours in a great adventure I shall never finish. I dont know if anyone shares my opinions about the "torture" fights
but its a shame that I had writen so many commentaries I was ready to post only to have the experience go south so markedly on the last part of the story. I guess Ill never finish it so Im left with the frustration of not knowing how the story ended and the relief of not having to kill another "uber" badguy only to have to keep on killing him again and again and again
 Silveredge9
07-09-2009, 9:42 AM
Here's one I don't think anyone has yet mentioned:

After Solomon's death and Channa is overlooking the cliff, the game crashes every time at the same spot after Kobayashi says "Enjoying the view."

A problem on my end, or has this happened to anyone else?

Fantastic mod, by the way. There's been so much effort invested in it and it shows. ^_^Have you tried reinstalling the mod into a fresh override?

This has got to be one of the weirdest post ive ever writen, but I really have some strong feelings about this mod. After playing it for almost 10 hours I have to say its the best adventure mod I have ever played (and Im a Morrowind mod user, and that community has some of the best) the voice acting, new armor designs & dialogue (although a bit heavy handed) rivals some of the profesional stuff out here, its truly a magnificent experience. But Im also a Dungeon Master with more than 20 years of experience and I can honestly say that the technical problems as well as the actual design of the adventure bring the experience crashing down. first of all, the mind numbing fighting the same super foes over and over AND OVER again grew boring by the third flashback, plus the unfairness of some of the fights (now I know how Neo felt) really detracted from a great story. Not only are those fights repetitive and boring (especially for flashback sequences which are supposed to be fairly easy to move the story along) but the are NOT "epic" since you only have to wonder how many time you have to kick their butt, and stare at the action menu for the next medpack or attack combo. After my third reload from one of these "final" fights I was ready to bail from the frustration; all I wanted was to get on with the wonderful story and had to deal with "so you think you have defeated me? crap. Sadly the option seems to have been taken out of my hands; after the fourth "final" fight (with the soldiers and the Sin guy aboard the comand ship) the autosave loads and crashed straight away (turned off the PC forawhile but still isnt working) and since my last save befor that is playing the Sin dude (about 4 10 minute fights before my last save) it appears I spent about 8 hours in a great adventure I shall never finish. I dont know if anyone shares my opinions about the "torture" fights
but its a shame that I had writen so many commentaries I was ready to post only to have the experience go south so markedly on the last part of the story. I guess Ill never finish it so Im left with the frustration of not knowing how the story ended and the relief of not having to kill another "uber" badguy only to have to keep on killing him again and again and againThe design of the boss fights was tailored to how I as a player prefer them, which is with lots of difficulty and challenge. Though as I've already mentioned, some of the boss fights will be tweaked in the forthcoming patch.

Also, paragraphs are your friends.
 ganoesparan06
07-09-2009, 11:17 AM
Its strange how people are crying about how hard the boss fights are. Granted I am playing on "normal" difficulty but the only really "hard" battles were the two against Akirakon Sin.

The first aboard the Orion when you fight multiple copies of him and the next one where you fight him and ALL your party members

The other boss fights were difficult yes (like Mandalore was insane hard) but they werent majorly impossible as long as you had plenty of life support packs to keep urself alive and keep buffing yourself as well.

EDIT:
Personally I found my first fight against Darth Malak harder.
 Silveredge9
07-09-2009, 11:26 AM
For those unable to download from KoTORFiles, I've uploaded BoS:SR to a temporary host over at megaupload.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=0UKASZY5)
 Drunkside
07-09-2009, 12:39 PM
Its strange how people are crying about how hard the boss fights are. Granted I am playing on "normal" difficulty but the only really "hard" battles were the two against Akirakon Sin.

The first aboard the Orion when you fight multiple copies of him and the next one where you fight him and ALL your party members

The other boss fights were difficult yes (like Mandalore was insane hard) but they werent majorly impossible as long as you had plenty of life support packs to keep urself alive and keep buffing yourself as well.

EDIT:
Personally I found my first fight against Darth Malak harder.

Yeah.. you are playing normal. I died maybe 4 times against the mandalore on the difficult, was like "WTF is the designer thinking? That thing cannot be beaten" Then tried once more. Died. Got frustrated and switched to normal and mopped the floor with him on the first try.
 Cabron
07-09-2009, 3:04 PM
Silveredge
I didnt mean to bash your mod I really liked 90% of it, so stop beign defensive.
A common design rule for D&D (which KOTOR is based on) or any modern videogame (that is not named Ninja Gaiden) is that if it takes more than 5 tries to get through a sequence then its a design flaw because it interferes with the flow of the game and the storylinebut. T
The problems with the boss fights is not that they were "hard" but that they were repetitive and forced you to play them only one way. Mandalore might be was challenging for a melee based character, but his insane force resistance made the battle unbearable for my Consular; since my powers didnt affect him much I just had to whack him and heal ad infinitum.
Kind of the great thing about this game in particular is choice, wheather its using a succesful gun toting jedi build or beign a a-hole to everybody; is that the game allowed the player to decide which way to play. If the fights were just that straight fights like the Mandalore fight (one health bar and NO superheal, and no cronnies) I guess it would be fairer to the player and cleaner (not wondering how many times I have to whack this fool) and if the force protection were lowered for all the combatants the player could actually use their game styles to beat the mod in the way they enjoy playing, not the way the designer (you) WANTS you to play. Its one of the first rules of merchandising; you are NOT your costumer and he decides how he wants things; believe me, after seeing a guy use ketchup on a salmon and caviar pizza from my bar, you get a whole new perspective.
I dont know the mad skillz some players might have but for example my consular does NOT use force wave (again a desgin decision on my part) so the gang up fights are a bit unfair; I have to run to a spot where I only get attacked by 2 or 3 enemies at a time.
I dont know how many different styles you playtested (hell, a guardian with force wave might mop the floor easily with everybody for all I know) and having Sin running arround those fights only makes him more annoying, if the fights were only against cronnies they would be much easier and would help move the story along for the, uh I dont know, eleventh "boss" fight? or if you really must include him everywhere at least maybe adding some variations to each fight would be welcome, maybe Sin is ultra resistant to physical damage in one fight but vulnerable to force powers, or maybe you dont have to kill EVERYBODY before fighting him, or the enemies respawn till you whack him;
all Im saying is some variations might make you think about what are you suppsoed to do this fight to advance instead of "here we go again"
Once again I dont know this forum that much but in the past Ive playtested for some of the best modders for the TES Community, so I might be under the immpresion that my observations are welcome, but I really liked so much of this mod that it would be a shame that I didnt even try to get you to see a perspective other than from a gamer who had the mod fit his style perfectly or only yourself.
BTW I must apologize if my use of you native language is not up to you standards or if its in any way offensive, I get a bit mixed up myself with the ones I have the privilage to know
 Silveredge9
07-09-2009, 4:39 PM
Silveredge
I didnt mean to bash your mod I really liked 90% of it, so stop beign defensive.I'm merely stating what is fact. If you choose to take that as me being defensive, then you are free to do so, but it wasn't my intent.

A common design rule for D&D (which KOTOR is based on) or any modern videogame (that is not named Ninja Gaiden) is that if it takes more than 5 tries to get through a sequence then its a design flaw because it interferes with the flow of the game and the storylinebut.
But doesn't this wrongly assume that every player has the same level of skill as one another? What if one player manages to beat a section the first time, but another doesn't after 5?

The problems with the boss fights is not that they were "hard" but that they were repetitive and forced you to play them only one way. Mandalore might be was challenging for a melee based character, but his insane force resistance made the battle unbearable for my Consular; since my powers didnt affect him much I just had to whack him and heal ad infinitum. Kind of the great thing about this game in particular is choice, wheather its using a succesful gun toting jedi build or beign a a-hole to everybody; is that the game allowed the player to decide which way to play.I've already acknowledged that some boss fights were difficult, and have stated that I plan to revise the difficulty of some of them in the next patch.

Its one of the first rules of merchandising; you are NOT your costumer and he decides how he wants thingsThis was something created as a hobby in my spare time, and not a full blown commercial product. I created the mod gauged around what I as a player wanted.

I dont know the mad skillz some players might have but for example my consular does NOT use force wave (again a desgin decision on my part) so the gang up fights are a bit unfair; I have to run to a spot where I only get attacked by 2 or 3 enemies at a time.So because you're a Jedi Consular yet refuse to use one of the better higher tier Force powers, it becomes an error on my part for not anticipating that when designing the difficulty of boss fights?

I dont know how many different styles you playtested (hell, a guardian with force wave might mop the floor easily with everybody for all I know) and having Sin running arround those fights only makes him more annoying, if the fights were only against cronnies they would be much easier and would help move the story along for the, uh I dont know, eleventh "boss" fight? or if you really must include him everywhere at least maybe adding some variations to each fight would be welcome, maybe Sin is ultra resistant to physical damage in one fight but vulnerable to force powers, or maybe you dont have to kill EVERYBODY before fighting him, or the enemies respawn till you whack him;
all Im saying is some variations might make you think about what are you suppsoed to do this fight to advance instead of "here we go again"In terms of the design of the last 4 vision boss battles, perhaps there could have been a little more variation beyond the setting. Though I'm not planning on going back and changing anything. I'm still pretty happy with how it turned out.
 JediAthos
07-09-2009, 5:06 PM
Silveredge
I didnt mean to bash your mod I really liked 90% of it, so stop beign defensive.
A common design rule for D&D (which KOTOR is based on) or any modern videogame (that is not named Ninja Gaiden) is that if it takes more than 5 tries to get through a sequence then its a design flaw because it interferes with the flow of the game and the storylinebut. T
The problems with the boss fights is not that they were "hard" but that they were repetitive and forced you to play them only one way. Mandalore might be was challenging for a melee based character, but his insane force resistance made the battle unbearable for my Consular; since my powers didnt affect him much I just had to whack him and heal ad infinitum.
Kind of the great thing about this game in particular is choice, wheather its using a succesful gun toting jedi build or beign a a-hole to everybody; is that the game allowed the player to decide which way to play. If the fights were just that straight fights like the Mandalore fight (one health bar and NO superheal, and no cronnies) I guess it would be fairer to the player and cleaner (not wondering how many times I have to whack this fool) and if the force protection were lowered for all the combatants the player could actually use their game styles to beat the mod in the way they enjoy playing, not the way the designer (you) WANTS you to play. Its one of the first rules of merchandising; you are NOT your costumer and he decides how he wants things; believe me, after seeing a guy use ketchup on a salmon and caviar pizza from my bar, you get a whole new perspective.
I dont know the mad skillz some players might have but for example my consular does NOT use force wave (again a desgin decision on my part) so the gang up fights are a bit unfair; I have to run to a spot where I only get attacked by 2 or 3 enemies at a time.
all Im saying is some variations might make you think about what are you suppsoed to do this fight to advance instead of "here we go again"
Once again I dont know this forum that much but in the past Ive playtested for some of the best modders for the TES Community, so I might be under the immpresion that my observations are welcome, but I really liked so much of this mod that it would be a shame that I didnt even try to get you to see a perspective other than from a gamer who had the mod fit his style perfectly or only yourself.
BTW I must apologize if my use of you native language is not up to you standards or if its in any way offensive, I get a bit mixed up myself with the ones I have the privilage to know

Frankly, you're dead wrong....this is Silveredge's mod, and he designed it the way he wanted it designed. Any adjustments he makes to the gameplay of the mod will be because he chooses not because its demanded of him. Bugs are one thing, but adapting to the play style of every single person would be impossible. If your play style doesn't fit the mod...adapt and overcome or as one of my favorite radio hosts likes to say...that's a you problem.

Silveredge certainly doesn't need anyone to defend him, but frankly if you're not happy with the way his mod plays...don't use it.
 jonathan7
07-09-2009, 6:56 PM
Ok, I've pruned a few posts here; people would do well to remember several things;

1. Modders do modding in their own time for fun, be grateful for what is released and don't expect work to be just as you would like it
2. Heavy sarcasm directed at others is considered a flame.
3. If you don't like a mod, go off and make a mod in the manner you would like it done.
4. Play nice.
5. Posts about the mods links working/down are spam and will be infracted as such, you PM those to the mod maker or read the stuck PCGameMods.Com FAQ (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=179623) thread about what to do about down links. -RH
6. Yoda.

-- j7
 sthanson86
07-09-2009, 11:42 PM
Ok, out of respect for the no doubt overworked Silver, I've poured through all ten pages and the readme at least twice; I have found no one with a similar problem >.<

um ok. in the shadow temple after you fight solomon for the first time and have you get into that conversation with solomon about how she was just a pawn of revan..a test or some such, and fades to the battle of malachor..I think.. anyways it loads fine, but shortly after all I see is some symbol followed by a mandalorian BEGIN to run across, and BAM the game crashes, it's bugging me, suggestions? Im on vista, no mods installed, the installer insisted that it did everything correctly, reinstalled kotor recently before installing mod, I do not know if it's everytime, but I suspect so. also, the terena's robes.. (something like that, a 'T' name) crashes my game if put on, (female PC)..also did not work on matilda,..)

Thanks, and great mod bud. :)

OH! also, im playing through again on a diff char to see if it works then..
 Darth_Osmers
07-10-2009, 12:10 AM
ive found something quite interesting concerning revans mask that could be put into Bos:Sr, the mandalorians envading of Cathar

this could be a cutscence or somethin like that

warning: major spoilers!
apparently revan got his mask from a mandalorian female under Cassus Fett
who killed her when she wanted the Cathars to be spared, saying they are already defeated, when revan went to cathar for the 2nd time he found the mandalorian female's mask, put it on and vowed he wouldn't take it off untill all the mandalorians were defeated.

the link is this http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Revan) or http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Unidentified_Mandalorian_female)

and to the above did u add anything else to the override after installing Bos:Sr?
 sthanson86
07-10-2009, 1:23 AM
and to the above did u add anything else to the override after installing Bos:Sr?

um...no? should I have?
 JediAthos
07-10-2009, 1:44 AM
No...he was asking because if you had added anything after installing the BoS mod it could potentially cause a conflict which in turn could cause any number of issues.

Welcome to the boards btw
 sthanson86
07-10-2009, 1:56 AM
bah...Thanks. :) Ever continuing my path to get this thing to work right I DLed the newest version of kotor, ( I had hesitated from doing this earlier because of conflicts from vista..but I figured out how to run the new version..a pain nonetheless, im going to try getting to that part again, but I'll likely crumple to pieces and give up, ill let you know :)

oh and what i mean by version...is um, the patch, sorry english isn't my first language
 X-Wing Pilot 5
07-11-2009, 1:10 AM
Well, I've completed both the Brotherhood of Shadow and Solomon's Revenge quest, but now I seem to have lost Carth and Canderous - I can't put them in my party or equip them, nor are they found anywhere on the Ebon Hawk. (Pity, since I thought that Mandalorian Crusader armor would make a nice present for Mr. Ordo.) Why is that?

Also, why can't I modify Revan's Lightsaber? I was hoping to give it a blue crystal (symbolizing my redemption) and modify it with some other crystals, but it seems I can't do that...
 Silveredge9
07-11-2009, 9:49 AM
Ok, out of respect for the no doubt overworked Silver, I've poured through all ten pages and the readme at least twice; I have found no one with a similar problem >.<

um ok. in the shadow temple after you fight solomon for the first time and have you get into that conversation with solomon about how she was just a pawn of revan..a test or some such, and fades to the battle of malachor..I think.. anyways it loads fine, but shortly after all I see is some symbol followed by a mandalorian BEGIN to run across, and BAM the game crashes, it's bugging me, suggestions? Im on vista, no mods installed, the installer insisted that it did everything correctly, reinstalled kotor recently before installing mod, I do not know if it's everytime, but I suspect so. also, the terena's robes.. (something like that, a 'T' name) crashes my game if put on, (female PC)..also did not work on matilda,..)

Thanks, and great mod bud. :)

OH! also, im playing through again on a diff char to see if it works then..I think it may be more an issue with KOTOR's instability on Vista rather than a bug in the mod, because there's no reason why it should crash at those points, especially with the Telana's robe issue you mentioned. Have you tried reinstalling the mod?

ive found something quite interesting concerning revans mask that could be put into Bos:Sr, the mandalorians envading of Cathar

this could be a cutscence or somethin like that

warning: major spoilers!
apparently revan got his mask from a mandalorian female under Cassus Fett
who killed her when she wanted the Cathars to be spared, saying they are already defeated, when revan went to cathar for the 2nd time he found the mandalorian female's mask, put it on and vowed he wouldn't take it off untill all the mandalorians were defeated.

the link is this http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Revan) or http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Unidentified_Mandalorian_femaleI) don't plan on going back on adding any additional content to BoS:SR. The mod is finished.

Well, I've completed both the Brotherhood of Shadow and Solomon's Revenge quest, but now I seem to have lost Carth and Canderous - I can't put them in my party or equip them, nor are they found anywhere on the Ebon Hawk. (Pity, since I thought that Mandalorian Crusader armor would make a nice present for Mr. Ordo.) Why is that?

Also, why can't I modify Revan's Lightsaber? I was hoping to give it a blue crystal (symbolizing my redemption) and modify it with some other crystals, but it seems I can't do that...Carth and Canderous are added back to your party when you enter the Mining Tunnels on the way back to Dreshdae following the mod's completion. Did you warp back using cheats?

Also Revan's lightsaber is basically a clone of Malak's, which to my knowledge cannot be made upgradable.
 JoesGuy
07-11-2009, 11:21 AM
Have you tried reinstalling the mod into a fresh override?

By that I'm assuming you mean installing it when no other mods are in override, in which case it's the only mod I installed currently.
 Cliff_Em_All
07-11-2009, 2:00 PM
Just finished mod and you did great job the quaility really shows as in all around. I had an issue (if it hasn't already been reported) where when you have party memebers follow you who aren't in your party warp on you and then you not being able to move. Though it can be avoiding but constantly moving it still happened to me here and there.

One more thing I've been looking up and done for it and I can't seem to find it you have the Republic commando mask but I can't seem find the armor. Am I missing it or was it not included?
 Lord of Hunger
07-11-2009, 4:11 PM
@ Cliff_Em_All: I do not believe that the Armor is included as an available item. But I could be wrong.
 Prolly
07-11-2009, 6:37 PM
I downloaded this wonderful mod, but I started experiencing the same problem few people complained about earlier in this thread. I'm talking about constant crashes (about every 10+minutes or so) . Finally I reached a point where a crash was inevitable(during solomons revenge,inside the cave, just after stepping over the bridge and watching a clip from Shadow's past) . I've tried everything from reinstalling(with newest patch of course) to updating my Nvidia drivers . Even though I can't play the game anymore , I enjoyed every minute of the mod . Nice work :)
 JediAthos
07-11-2009, 7:04 PM
Was the BoS mod the only mod you had installed? If not you may want to try clearing your override folder and installing only the BoS mod as it could be a mod conflict.

If BoS was the only mod you had installed you may want to simply reinstall the mod.

If you've already tried that...I can't help much further...sorry.
 sthanson86
07-11-2009, 7:11 PM
Ok, like silver said, it was vista's fault...well kinda anyways I think. but anywho, to people with my problem, you need to get the newest version of kotor, all patches etc, but that brings up another problem, there's a fix for it.. I don't remember it where I found it, but it was a new version of kotor.exe some guy got from emailing bioware, (oh by the by, the message was along the lines of the accusation that I was using emulation software- rubbish-) anywho after that you have to disable the UAC on your computer, (User account control) try it. if that doesnt work, with the UAC still off download the newest ATI. drivers, and lastly if all else fails attempt to run kotor in compatibility mode.. I think windows xp 2003 is best of the options i had..anyways It was alot of trouble I eventually just gave up and uninstalled and reinstalled.. (i DID get to play it all the way through, but it was alot of trouble just to play the regular game, awesome mod, again :))

Steps to disable UAC:)
1. Go to control panel from the start menu, (on control panel HOME not classic view, you'll see what I mean when you open it up)
2. Go to User Accounts & Family safety, click on add or remove user accounts and click on "Go to the main account user home page"
3. From there click on 'Turn user account control off" and upon arriving there uncheck the box, it will recommend restarting..and do so.

P.S. If this doesn't work, or you don't trust me, just google around and look for making kotor compatible with vista. it's pretty much in effect all you need to do

Happy Kotoring :)
 X-Wing Pilot 5
07-11-2009, 11:51 PM
Carth and Canderous are added back to your party when you enter the Mining Tunnels on the way back to Dreshdae following the mod's completion. Did you warp back using cheats?
Well, if you consider using the "Mass Transit to Ebon Hawk" button a cheat...
 JoesGuy
07-12-2009, 6:33 AM
I tried reinstalling the mod, now Solomon's invisible, Mec 'Hanick is Malak and Kobayashi is a random Revan pc.
 Prolly
07-12-2009, 8:04 AM
Well , I finally got past the bugged / crashy place I talked about before .
Everyone else who is having this problem try going to kotor configuration settings and turn off grass / shadow , also try turning on V-Sync .
 Silveredge9
07-12-2009, 11:41 AM
Well, if you consider using the "Mass Transit to Ebon Hawk" button a cheat...Yes, I didn't intend for that to be possible in certain modules. I've since corrected this in the patch.

So if you warped back to the Ebon Hawk using the Mass Transit system from the Korriban Wastes, you need to go reenter the Mining Tunnels and they should be automatically added back into the party.

I tried reinstalling the mod, now Solomon's invisible, Mec 'Hanick is Malak and Kobayashi is a random Revan pc.Did you reinstall the mod into a fresh override, or on top of the old BoS:SR files already in there? If it's the latter, delete all 2DA files from your override folder and reinstall the mod.
 Christos K
07-12-2009, 12:43 PM
I have encountered a strange glitch. This does not include any spoilers so I will just write it quickly. After I have finished with everything in the Temple of Shadow and I am now in that outside part of it. I go up the the path to where everything is happening and such but the character all appear invisible and when it goes to the cutscene/conversation (if it is supposed to do that) it is stuck at one position while battle music plays.
 JoesGuy
07-12-2009, 1:07 PM
Did you reinstall the mod into a fresh override, or on top of the old BoS:SR files already in there? If it's the latter, delete all 2DA files from your override folder and reinstall the mod.

I deleted my Override folder altogether and reinstalled into an empty Override.
 sthanson86
07-12-2009, 10:38 PM
hey joe, Im not entirely sure, but sounds like its a problem outside of your override.. try reinstalling kotor, you might have downloaded some mod that interferes with other things in a different file, also it only works on with the newest patch of kotor..I hope it helps, Im sorry if it doesnt, I didnt look back to see exactly what was wrong, but from what I can see you had a problem almost similar to mine..good luck
 X-Wing Pilot 5
07-12-2009, 11:45 PM
So if you warped back to the Ebon Hawk using the Mass Transit system from the Korriban Wastes, you need to go reenter the Mining Tunnels and they should be automatically added back into the party.
Well, every time I try and go back to the Residential Area, it says I need a pass key (or something like that.) Is there another way to enter the Mining Tunnels?
(Also, is the patch different from the file you posted on KOTORfiles? I looked there and on your site and there doesn't seem to be a patch updating things since the file I downloaded.)
 JoesGuy
07-13-2009, 12:04 AM
hey joe, Im not entirely sure, but sounds like its a problem outside of your override.. try reinstalling kotor, you might have downloaded some mod that interferes with other things in a different file, also it only works on with the newest patch of kotor..I hope it helps, Im sorry if it doesnt, I didnt look back to see exactly what was wrong, but from what I can see you had a problem almost similar to mine..good luck

I'm afraid my current setup is inconstant with the problem. First of all, I have the Best of Pc version of Kotor, so it's already patched. I've only just installed Kotor on my new pc to play this mod, so there are no other mods I have installed.
 Chevron 7 locke
07-13-2009, 1:03 AM
Hey Silver, Found a glitch that's not game stopping...but it can be quite irritating.

After Shadow joins the party I try to upgrade her Double bladed lightsaber on the Hawk. The lightsaber upgrade screen doesn't come up and the lightsaber disappears from the inventory. It can be easily fixed by upgrading a lightsaber before equiping it to Shadow.

Also, would it be possible to use the Cathar slave as a PC somehow? Could it be done by modifying the apperance 2da?
 Silveredge9
07-13-2009, 9:25 AM
I have encountered a strange glitch. This does not include any spoilers so I will just write it quickly. After I have finished with everything in the Temple of Shadow and I am now in that outside part of it. I go up the the path to where everything is happening and such but the character all appear invisible and when it goes to the cutscene/conversation (if it is supposed to do that) it is stuck at one position while battle music plays.It could be a random glitch, have you tried reloading the autosave?

I deleted my Override folder altogether and reinstalled into an empty Override.Have you tried loading an earlier save from before you entered the area? If the problem still persists, and characters still have different appearances, create a save game within the problematic area and send it me via email or something so I can take a better look.

Well, every time I try and go back to the Residential Area, it says I need a pass key (or something like that.) Is there another way to enter the Mining Tunnels?
(Also, is the patch different from the file you posted on KOTORfiles? I looked there and on your site and there doesn't seem to be a patch updating things since the file I downloaded.)Ah yes, then you need to open the console and type "warp bos_tunnels", and then when you're in the Mining Tunnels, open the console and type "bos_czerka" to warp back to the Main Level of the Czerka Mining Facility.

And the patch has not been released yet. It isn't yet complete.

Hey Silver, Found a glitch that's not game stopping...but it can be quite irritating.

After Shadow joins the party I try to upgrade her Double bladed lightsaber on the Hawk. The lightsaber upgrade screen doesn't come up and the lightsaber disappears from the inventory. It can be easily fixed by upgrading a lightsaber before equiping it to Shadow.

Also, would it be possible to use the Cathar slave as a PC somehow? Could it be done by modifying the apperance 2da?I'll look into the bug. And you can just use KSE to change the PC's appearance.
 Mindtwistah
07-15-2009, 4:00 PM
Wow.

I just reinstalled kotor and downloaded this mod for the first time. And HOLY CRAP I was amazed.

This mod is perfect! It gave me more excitment and fun-time than playing the rest of the game! So much variation, so many dialouges, interesting characters and you get to play as a protocol droid! :D

And the playtime was really long! Even with my uberswords that do 100+ dmg (I'm not a big fan of combat, just like to "skip" them :P) it took me around 1,5weeks, playing 1-2 hours a day. Hell, I've not even finished playing it, I'm still killing people for the hutt ambassador =D

Silveredge, you are my hero :) You've created the greatest mod ever, that's even better than the main game.
 CJgonzalez
07-18-2009, 9:23 PM
i have a problem...on the first quest..a favour for a rodian...he asks me to meet with someone on tatooine..ive been told he is right around the swoop registration point..but i dont find him..anywhere...also after i talk to the rodian on the quest journal it appears only the name of the quest and not the description...i loaded the save file that comes with the solomons revenge mod and still the same..i cant find the guy..should i reinstall SR?? ive never played the brotherhood of shadow mod before.. any help?
 Revan Starsaber
07-21-2009, 2:29 AM
Is there a quick fix I can perform on my own for removing the strange outline on the fifth Asian head (PMHA05)? Thanks.
 maugomale
07-21-2009, 8:59 AM
i have a problem...on the first quest..a favour for a rodian...he asks me to meet with someone on tatooine..ive been told he is right around the swoop registration point..but i dont find him..anywhere...also after i talk to the rodian on the quest journal it appears only the name of the quest and not the description...i loaded the save file that comes with the solomons revenge mod and still the same..i cant find the guy..should i reinstall SR?? ive never played the brotherhood of shadow mod before.. any help?

He's at the cantina where you find Bastila's mother, on the upper left corner from when you enter it.
 CJgonzalez
07-21-2009, 8:53 PM
He's at the cantina where you find Bastila's mother, on the upper left corner from when you enter it.

still nothing... i cant find this guy...should i reinstall SR? or maybe create a new override folder with only SR in it? what do you suggest?? thanks
 Master Shake
07-21-2009, 9:54 PM
create a new override folder with only SR in it? what do you suggest?? thanks
This would be the best option.
 CJgonzalez
07-21-2009, 11:24 PM
This would be the best option.

problem solved..thanks...
 Nick Vader
07-24-2009, 7:49 AM
Is there any way to get the Republic Commando Uniform ?

IN:
Shadow's memories, the Orion is under attack by a Republic vessel, and once I reached the captain that had invaded the Orion, I saw some Republic Commandos. Really cool clothes ! How can I get them ?

By the way, just finished it. Amazing.
Page: 8 of 18