Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Brotherhood of Shadow: Solomon's Revenge

Page: 4 of 18
 Demongo
05-29-2009, 6:43 AM
I do think, Silver, that if you make a patch you should lower the difficulty of the mod.

Well I could finish it with a bunch of Life Support Packs and Normal Difficulty. I don't think that Silver should lower the difficulty:)

EDIT:
I'm sorry if anyone asked this before but,
When I'm assasinating Zeven Etta I'm supposed to put those explosives somewhere near him. There's a footlocker in the room but that doesn't do anything. In that room,there's nothing more either what I can use. When I talk to Etta, there are only killing options, so where can I put those explosives?
 el Crawler
05-29-2009, 8:12 AM
Well I could finish it with a bunch of Life Support Packs and Normal Difficulty. I don't think that Silver should lower the difficulty:)

EDIT:
I'm sorry if anyone asked this before but,
When I'm assasinating Zeven Etta I'm supposed to put those explosives somewhere near him. There's a footlocker in the room but that doesn't do anything. In that room,there's nothing more either what I can use. When I talk to Etta, there are only killing options, so where can I put those explosives?

There's a droid around that area. Check it out.
 Demongo
05-29-2009, 8:32 AM
There's a droid around that area. Check it out.

Okay so the protocol droid moved to Zeven Etta's location and Zeven said: "Protocol droid. What busines do you have here?" And then nothing happens.......
 luc500
05-29-2009, 10:24 AM
Silver i have an appereance problem with the following modules

after you play as arkanion Sin and fight him he appears as Shadow with bastilas slave outfit

and after the battle in your head with arkanion Sin, when you find out that that arkanian (forgot his name ;) ) is alive Verbal appears as evil Vandar

and before you ask no i do not have any mods installed wich use the appereance.2da file

PS: great mod finished it yesterday!
only thing i donґt like is that shadow leaves at the end! :(

and 1 last question what font did you use for your BOS logo?
 el Crawler
05-29-2009, 12:11 PM
Okay so the protocol droid moved to Zeven Etta's location and Zeven said: "Protocol droid. What busines do you have here?" And then nothing happens.......

The detonator is an item you have to equip so you can use it. It goes where the energy shields would.
 jedi7000nathan
05-29-2009, 8:07 PM
i hate when the shadow leaves the party please revise this in the patch because some people are really as irratated as me:mad: still if my idea works when i get to the waste i won't finish the rest of the mod :thmbup1:

Fixed tags, if they weren't there you would have been infracted for this, but even still you are responsible for posting a post against the modders wishes that was visible, you have to check and make sure your post is hidden if you want to discuss story elements otherwise delete it and ask someone for help on how to do so (My PM box is always open so are the other staff's). -RH
 Silveredge9
05-29-2009, 8:36 PM
Silver i have an appereance problem with the following modules

after you play as arkanion Sin and fight him he appears as Shadow with bastilas slave outfit

and after the battle in your head with arkanion Sin, when you find out that that arkanian (forgot his name ;) ) is alive Verbal appears as evil Vandar

and before you ask no i do not have any mods installed wich use the appereance.2da file

PS: great mod finished it yesterday!
only thing i don´t like is that shadow leaves at the end! :(

and 1 last question what font did you use for your BOS logo?Have you tried reinstalling the mod after deleting the current appearance.2DA in your override folder?

Also, the font used for the Brotherhood of Shadow logo is one called Army of Darkness, which incidentally... is from the movie Army of Darkness. :P

i hate when the shadow leaves the party please revise this in the patch because some people are really as irratated as me:mad: still if my idea works when i get to the waste i won't finish the rest of the mod :thmbup1:Why do you continue to post elements of the mod's ending without the use of spoiler tags? RedHawke has already warned you against this, and I would strongly advise that you take notice of him. And in an answer to your question, the ending will not be revised, nor will the difficulty.
 Shem
05-30-2009, 12:27 AM
 Jedi-Heady
05-30-2009, 6:46 AM
When I downloaded Brotherhood of Shadow:SR I couldn't find or see BoSSR_1.0_install.exe

What has happened there, Silver?

There's been other problems for other people trying to install the mod from KOTORFiles too.

I've downloaded it twice from KOTOR Files- Coz last time I downloaded files from MegaUploads it gave me a 'few' viruses...
 Silveredge9
05-30-2009, 7:48 AM
There seems to have been some problems during the upload to KOTORFiles. I'm looking into them now, and would advise that until it's sorted to just download from megaupload.
 CommanderRuunu
05-30-2009, 8:14 AM
First to say, it is a very good mod, but i have one freaking problem with it..where the damn is the non-canon locker???? I have been searching it for 2 hours. Its just no there, i just dont know what to do... Normally i would leave it hidden, but i want the damn Mandalore Mask so much. Sorry for not putting it all into spoiler..
 Jedi-Heady
05-30-2009, 8:38 AM
Okay- But if I need a new PC it'll be your neck.- Joking.

Will do, can't wait to play it.
 sekan
05-30-2009, 8:54 AM
Am I the only one who have found the non cannon locker?
 Silveredge9
05-30-2009, 11:16 AM
For those unfamiliar with the location of the non-canon footlocker, I have posted a guide on how to reach it below. It's hidden using spoiler tags, so those who want to find it themselves can do so.

1) Go to the Dreshdae Civilian Quarters.
2) Go to the Miner's Lounge. It should be obvious which room this is, but for those still unsure, refer to the minimap.
3) Speak to the "drunk" miner at the back of the lounge. You will notice he strongly indicates that he isn't fond of losing a game of Pazaak 3 times in a row.
4) Beat him 3 times in a row, and he will then leave the Miner's Lounge.
5) Follow him as he moves through the Civilian Quarters.
6) He will eventually stop and open a door which was previously locked. Inside this room is the non-canon footlocker.
 Lord of Hunger
05-30-2009, 12:28 PM
Funny, I was able to open that room without the method you prescribed. Is this non-canon footlocker the one with Akirakon Sin's Sword inside? If so I think that my security skill is so high that it's opening doors that are normal impossible to open. I actually was able to open the door to Uthar Wynn's quarters without the key card, just security skill.
 jedi7000nathan
05-30-2009, 2:02 PM
Have you tried reinstalling the mod after deleting the current appearance.2DA in your override folder?

Also, the font used for the Brotherhood of Shadow logo is one called Army of Darkness, which incidentally... is from the movie Army of Darkness. :P

Why do you continue to post elements of the mod's ending without the use of spoiler tags? RedHawke has already warned you against this, and I would strongly advise that you take notice of him. And in an answer to your question, the ending will not be revised, nor will the difficulty.

nevermind the diffculty i use the invulnerabillty code every time i play kotor 1 and 2 on pc and i won't be asking any further questions about it as you said before the ending won't be changed and i won't finish the whole mod so as not to lose the shadow or kobiyoshi or mechanic

Once again you post about story elements without using hidden or spoiler tags, can you not follow peoples requests for their threads? -RH
 CrimsonJedi
05-30-2009, 2:11 PM
Though it saddens me that I can no longer look forward to future installments of your top-notch work, I can certainly understand your motives for withdrawing from the community.

So in conclusion: :waive1: Thank You for some really awesome mods and here's :cheers: to hoping you change your mind.

You still ROCK!:urpdude:
 Lord2
05-31-2009, 9:27 AM
This has to be the most unstable mod I have ever played! It crashes every 10th minute or so, and now I'm stuck because of the crashes, (click "spoilers" to see when):

It crashes when Shadow and "Revan" walks through the Korriban caves and she stops on the bridge, then we see her on Orion. I can't get through that sequence because it always crashes. :mad:

And KotOR (1) is stable, well.. not stable compared to other games but it doesn't crash that often. I can play an hour or two without have to experience crashes.
 Gargoyle King
05-31-2009, 9:39 AM
This has to be the most unstable mod I have ever played! It crashes every 10th minute or so, and now I'm stuck because of the crashes, (click "spoilers" to see when):

It crashes when Shadow and "Revan" walks through the Korriban caves and she stops on the bridge, then we see her on Orion. I can't get through that sequence because it always crashes. :mad:

And KotOR (1) is stable, well.. not stable compared to other games but it doesn't crash that often. I can play an hour or two without have to experience crashes.Well, could be your PC specs causing a problem. Try reinstalling Kotor with the official patches then install the mod without installing other mods, because of the sheer size of this mod, you are bound to run into problems if you install the mod over mods already installed. Oh and if you are using any NO-CD patches then that could also be a reason as to your freezing problems.
 jj-Bitburger!!!
05-31-2009, 9:44 AM
Hey toghether i have an installing problem with the mod when the installer is nearly finished a line appears: • Error: Unhandled exception: Cannot create file "C:\Dokumente und Einstellungen\J\Desktop\Desktopschrott\KOTOR\Kotor 1\bossr(kein yavin)\backup\modules\ship.mod". Zugriff verweigert (0)

And i don't now how to solve this problem (by the way i reinstalled kotor twice so the problem is not in the game/and i think that the problem is not because of my german version of the game because BoS was fitting with the version/the patch 1.03 is installed too so I have no idea what to do if someone could help me i would be very happy (p.s. sorry for my bad english i'm from germany)
 Silveredge9
05-31-2009, 11:27 AM
Hey toghether i have an installing problem with the mod when the installer is nearly finished a line appears: • Error: Unhandled exception: Cannot create file "C:\Dokumente und Einstellungen\J\Desktop\Desktopschrott\KOTOR\Kotor 1\bossr(kein yavin)\backup\modules\ship.mod". Zugriff verweigert (0)

And i don't now how to solve this problem (by the way i reinstalled kotor twice so the problem is not in the game/and i think that the problem is not because of my german version of the game because BoS was fitting with the version/the patch 1.03 is installed too so I have no idea what to do if someone could help me i would be very happy (p.s. sorry for my bad english i'm from germany)The version of the game shouldn't make a difference, and isn't the cause of this installation problem. Have you extracted everything included in the .rar file, including the empty folders?
 jj-Bitburger!!!
05-31-2009, 11:40 AM
I have after the extracting of the rar file 5 folders (save/tlspatchdata/source scripts/2DA & journal/"after the installation the" backup "folder") the readme and the installer. that is all. I downloaded the mod twice now and installed it but the problem is still there so it could be in my kotor files but i don't know how this is possible perhaps i try to install it without the 1.03 patch of kotor
and thanks for the fast answer :-)

Edit:
i tried to play the included savegame now after the installation without the installer and on korriban is the door to the czerka mining closed (with a working droid and a man infront of it) but in the cantina i can't find drix k. perhaps this could help i don't now and i'm also downloading your link from filefront now and the i will try this version of your mod.
 Pikmin
05-31-2009, 3:09 PM
I've found some bugs. First off, I installed into a clean install of (updated)KotOR. Then I loaded the supplied save. I looked through the journal and several entries were blank(understandably as those were probably from other mods, as you have said.) But after

Defeating the Rakata Mind Trap and having "Shadow" join my party, I checked the journal for the "Shadow of Revan" quest, but the new purple entry was blank, and unnamed.

Also great again, haven't seen anything too new yet, looking forward to the SR parts.
 luc500
05-31-2009, 3:35 PM
Silveredge9 i found a bug when playing BOS SR for the second time
after defeating the corrupted commoner (when you go to korriban after the original BOS has been completed) i go back to the ebon hawk and talk with Shadow but instead of the dialouge concerning Solomon and the Taris flashback her normal dialogue (Lady/Lord Revan how may i be...)starts, i reloaded the module and her dialouge goes as normal, but i just like to point it out.
 Silveredge9
05-31-2009, 3:51 PM
I have after the extracting of the rar file 5 folders (save/tlspatchdata/source scripts/2DA & journal/"after the installation the" backup "folder") the readme and the installer. that is all. I downloaded the mod twice now and installed it but the problem is still there so it could be in my kotor files but i don't know how this is possible perhaps i try to install it without the 1.03 patch of kotor
and thanks for the fast answer :-)

Edit:
i tried to play the included savegame now after the installation without the installer and on korriban is the door to the czerka mining closed (with a working droid and a man infront of it) but in the cantina i can't find drix k. perhaps this could help i don't now and i'm also downloading your link from filefront now and the i will try this version of your mod.
You need to open up the .rar file, extract EVERYTHING, and THEN run the install file. Not extract some stuff, run the install file, and then extract the rest.

Defeating the Rakata Mind Trap and having "Shadow" join my party, I checked the journal for the "Shadow of Revan" quest, but the new purple entry was blank, and unnamed.I've just tested this myself and I can confirm it's a genuine bug. I've added it to the list.

after defeating the corrupted commoner (when you go to korriban after the original BOS has been completed) i go back to the ebon hawk and talk with Shadow but instead of the dialouge concerning Solomon and the Taris flashback her normal dialogue (Lady/Lord Revan how may i be...)starts, i reloaded the module and her dialouge goes as normal, but i just like to point it out.I'll look into it.
 Pikmin
05-31-2009, 5:04 PM
I also just go to the point where that dialog should load, instead I get her normal dialog.
 Darth Novotnus
05-31-2009, 5:58 PM
All I can say: SR was the most enjoyable K1 expierience ever... The story provides more depth than the oryginal K1 and in many ways it contain things I loved in TSL and missed in K1.
Little bug:
When you travel on Orion, the storekeeper has a droid. You can choose to kick it or leave it alone. When you click the droid one more time, the dialog starts, but there's no way to end it (clicking dialog options or pressing 1 or 2 gives you only a "beep", but the dialog doesn't end, so you have to restart the game).
Checked twice, without reinstaling the game or the mod.
 Silveredge9
05-31-2009, 8:03 PM
When you travel on Orion, the storekeeper has a droid. You can choose to kick it or leave it alone. When you click the droid one more time, the dialog starts, but there's no way to end it (clicking dialog options or pressing 1 or 2 gives you only a "beep", but the dialog doesn't end, so you have to restart the game).
Checked twice, without reinstaling the game or the mod.I haven't been able to replicate this. I walk up to the droid, choose either kick it or leave alone, and I can speak with it again just fine, with no problems.
 Lord of Hunger
05-31-2009, 9:48 PM
I've found some bugs. First off, I installed into a clean install of (updated)KotOR. Then I loaded the supplied save. I looked through the journal and several entries were blank(understandably as those were probably from other mods, as you have said.) But after

Defeating the Rakata Mind Trap and having "Shadow" join my party, I checked the journal for the "Shadow of Revan" quest, but the new purple entry was blank, and unnamed.

Also great again, haven't seen anything too new yet, looking forward to the SR parts.
I had this problem too. Didn't affect my game, just a broken journal entry. :indif:
 Scoarch
06-01-2009, 4:09 AM
i got a bug that when i enter the temple of shadow i meet with solomon and after he talks nothing happenes. the dialog ends and no fight. i find only 3 doors locked and 1 open but there is nothing in it
 Scoarch
06-01-2009, 6:50 AM
okay i got past that thing but with a mod that i used to open the inner chambers door so i got a bug now again. after i am released by verbal i find the footlocker and it is empty. then i go to talk to the arkanian(forgot his name) and i say that i am ready. after the dialogs are finished i have only mechanic in party.

i need help.:(
 InRetro
06-01-2009, 6:51 AM
after defeating the corrupted commoner (when you go to korriban after the original BOS has been completed) i go back to the ebon hawk and talk with Shadow but instead of the dialouge concerning Solomon and the Taris flashback her normal dialogue (Lady/Lord Revan how may i be...)starts, i reloaded the module and her dialouge goes as normal, but i just like to point it out.

I'm having the same issue. If I exit the Ebon Hawk with her the same scene plays out. If I reenter the EH and then exit the scene happens again.. and the again.. and the again.. Help! How to escape this infinite loop and play the MOD?
 xrefusex
06-01-2009, 7:56 AM
Hi, I'm having some trouble, don't know if I've missed something out or have a corrupted save or anything...

I have completed all the assassination jobs, spoke to the Czerka technician about finding the truth and now I'm trying to get to the Residential Area on Korriban. I've been given a pass by the Hutt Admin, however everytime I go to the elevator I get a message that only party members with a passcard can go through. :confused: My party included my PC, Shadow and Canderous, so I switched to just my PC, but still nothing happens, can't get to the residential area.

Can anybody help? Many thanks.
 luc500
06-01-2009, 8:03 AM
I'm having the same issue. If I exit the Ebon Hawk with her the same scene plays out. If I reenter the EH and then exit the scene happens again.. and the again.. and the again.. Help! How to escape this infinite loop and play the MOD? did you even read my post? all i did was load a module before i faced the corrupted commoner and the dialouge loaded just fine.
 Silveredge9
06-01-2009, 8:24 AM
I'm having the same issue. If I exit the Ebon Hawk with her the same scene plays out. If I reenter the EH and then exit the scene happens again.. and the again.. and the again.. Help! How to escape this infinite loop and play the MOD?Are you playing a female character?

okay i got past that thing but with a mod that i used to open the inner chambers door so i got a bug now again. after i am released by verbal i find the footlocker and it is empty. then i go to talk to the arkanian(forgot his name) and i say that i am ready. after the dialogs are finished i have only mechanic in party. i need help.:(You need to learn how to use tags in your posts. Have you tried replaying the section? Have you tried installing the mod into a fresh override to rule out the possibility of a confliction?

Hi, I'm having some trouble, don't know if I've missed something out or have a corrupted save or anything...

[HIDDEN]I have completed all the assassination jobs, spoke to the Czerka technician about finding the truth and now I'm trying to get to the Residential Area on Korriban. I've been given a pass by the Hutt Admin, however everytime I go to the elevator I get a message that only party members with a passcard can go through. :confused: My party included my PC, Shadow and Canderous, so I switched to just my PC, but still nothing happens, can't get to the residential area.

Can anybody help? Many thanks.The Administrator only gives you keycards for the PC and Shadow. You need just the PC and Shadow in your party to progress.
 xrefusex
06-01-2009, 9:10 AM
Are you playing a female character?

You need to learn how to use tags in your posts. Have you tried replaying the section? Have you tried installing the mod into a fresh override to rule out the possibility of a confliction?

[HIDDEN]The Administrator only gives you keycards for the PC and Shadow. You need just the PC and Shadow in your party to progress.

Ah, many thanks!
 jj-Bitburger!!!
06-01-2009, 9:30 AM
@silveredge9:
Thank you...I tried the manual installation the third time and followed the instructions from the readme but there is no point were is explained what to do with the source files and so i put them into my override too and the mod is installed/finished.
So now i'm going to play ;-D
THANK YOU ! :-)
 InRetro
06-01-2009, 11:39 AM
did you even read my post? all i did was load a module before i faced the corrupted commoner and the dialouge loaded just fine.

Haha, true. I must have glossed over that point.

And for the record this MOD is the right stuff.
 Scoarch
06-01-2009, 12:38 PM
yes i installed the mod in a fresh override 4 times and still the same problem and to replay the section doesn't work either. i don't know how to write in hidden tags though because i am new to the site.

Mod Edit: Simply Surround your text with [hidden] and [/ hidden] or [spoiler] and [/ spoiler] (Just remove the space between the / and the word.) ;) -RH
 Daos300
06-02-2009, 3:30 AM
Okay, I finally got around to finishing this mod today. Silveredge, I just want to thank you for creating what can only be called the best KotoR mod to date. I mean it, everything about it was simply stunning from Quanon's new maps, the voice acting, and of course the story. When I was about 3 hours into the game I told my brother that the mod is about the length of one of the planets, I now take that back. This mod is much longer then any of the planets and was that much better because of it.

Ever since playing the orginal BoS I have always been curious as to the past of the Brotherhood. Thank you for revealing Arikonian Sins past. I was most surprised at the very end when it was revealed he was betrayed by the Sith Advisors, that was a great piece of storytelling. I also realy grew to like all the new characters really. Solomon, Kobayashi, and Verbal especially were really well written and believable. So glad Kobayashi lived at the end as I was actually a bit sad when it seemed he would die. Great ending to the whole BoS storyline as a whole. Very epic.

So once again. Thank you Silveredge for all the hard work it took to make this. It has defintally earned a permanent place in my override folder and worth playing through with each playthrough of KotoR. Now to get back to the main story and kick Malak's sorry butt. :thmbup1:

I actually found the non canon box early on. When I could not open it I realized it must be the non canon box and I would be able to open it later. Nice to have that awesome sword now though. Who modeled that thing?
 Scoarch
06-02-2009, 5:34 AM
i got no other choice but to start a new game and begin again the mod because i can't get past that bug.

Fixed hidden tags, I said to remove the space remember. ;) -RH
 l33tleboy
06-02-2009, 7:11 AM
First off, I'd like to say that SR is the only original content mod which fits in with vanilla content perfectly, that I can think of. And some of it is even better than Bio's actual work! I had played the original BoS, so I'd been keeping an eye on this baby. I reinstalled KotOR just to play it.

Technically, the mod is a marvel. The amount of gorgeous new models and skins, scripting and maps is awesome, and the recycled maps were pretty well done too. Excellent VO overall, but Kobayashi's looks like it was done by a pro. He's my new fave NPC.

From a writing standpoint, the mod manages to consistently maintain an atmosphere of suspense and dread during the Korriban phases, and the change of pace during the flashback sequences is very, very nice. The mod seems to integrate seamlessly into the continuity, too. That is is, by itself, worthy of praise, considering the huge mess the SW canon is.

Now, on to the criticism.

My only beef with the mod is NPC (and, to a lesser extent, some battles) design. I wish mods weren't designed assuming that the player is a compulsive grinding powermonger... because that means those of us who aren't are in for a rough ride. I don't have a problem with difficult games, but cheap shortcuts to increase that difficulty are no fun, and it gets worse when stuff isn't even consistent in-game. For instance:

I can understand that Force choking the incorporeal form of Akirakon Sin is a pretty stupid thing to try, so he's given insane FORT saves. Okay, that makes sense. But why does Mandalore the Ultimate have +13/+10/+13 on top of his standard class saves and on top of the JEDI SENTINEL state immunity effects? If each +1 is an additional 5% chance to save, +13 is +65% (!), again, unexplained, unwarranted, and on top of already unfair immunities... making using the Force against him a waste of time. Unless, that is, you somehow manage to get your WIS to ~40, to offset his bonuses. For comparison, vanilla Malak has similar bonuses to his saves... but he's supposed to be drawing on the power of an ancient Dark Side artifact. Speaking of which, it's odd to find that the Mandalorian Wars version of Malak is murder incarnate... even when compared to his Dark Lord of the Sith self.

All in all, I think perspective was lost when building NPC character sheets, what with everyone and their dog being level 20 behemoths of destruction boasting ridiculous saves, defense scores, FP totals, etc. This is still supposed to be a d20-based system, isn't it? Han Solo, Obi-Wan, Vader and other "big" characters aren't level 20 characters. Artificially raising the power level of, well, pretty much everyone to "provide a challenge" results in a state of affairs where power means nothing and tactics are pretty much reduced to spamming stims and life support packs... of which there's an overabundance, which in turn nullifies the intended "challenge"! I don't know about you guys, but I don't remember Obi-Wan and Anakin making pauses in their duel to dope up, and Anakin didn't lose because he ran out of hyper-adrenal alacrity. Pretty atmosphere-breaking, if you ask me.

Regardless, I've enjoyed playing through the mod immensely. This is without a doubt top notch work, and a must-have KotOR add-on. :thmbup1:
 Silveredge9
06-02-2009, 11:23 AM
Nice to have that awesome sword now though. Who modeled that thing? Quanon designed and modeled the sword. He did a great job.

[hidden]i got no other choice but to start a new game and begin again the mod because i can't get past that bug.[/ hidden]What method of installation have you used? TSLPatcher or manual?

My only beef with the mod is NPC (and, to a lesser extent, some battles) design. I wish mods weren't designed assuming that the player is a compulsive grinding powermonger... because that means those of us who aren't are in for a rough ride. I don't have a problem with difficult games, but cheap shortcuts to increase that difficulty are no fun, and it gets worse when stuff isn't even consistent in-game. For instance:

I can understand that Force choking the incorporeal form of Akirakon Sin is a pretty stupid thing to try, so he's given insane FORT saves. Okay, that makes sense. But why does Mandalore the Ultimate have +13/+10/+13 on top of his standard class saves and on top of the JEDI SENTINEL state immunity effects? If each +1 is an additional 5% chance to save, +13 is +65% (!), again, unexplained, unwarranted, and on top of already unfair immunities... making using the Force against him a waste of time. Unless, that is, you somehow manage to get your WIS to ~40, to offset his bonuses. For comparison, vanilla Malak has similar bonuses to his saves... but he's supposed to be drawing on the power of an ancient Dark Side artifact. Speaking of which, it's odd to find that the Mandalorian Wars version of Malak is murder incarnate... even when compared to his Dark Lord of the Sith self.

All in all, I think perspective was lost when building NPC character sheets, what with everyone and their dog being level 20 behemoths of destruction boasting ridiculous saves, defense scores, FP totals, etc. This is still supposed to be a d20-based system, isn't it? Han Solo, Obi-Wan, Vader and other "big" characters aren't level 20 characters. Artificially raising the power level of, well, pretty much everyone to "provide a challenge" results in a state of affairs where power means nothing and tactics are pretty much reduced to spamming stims and life support packs... of which there's an overabundance, which in turn nullifies the intended "challenge"! I don't know about you guys, but I don't remember Obi-Wan and Anakin making pauses in their duel to dope up, and Anakin didn't lose because he ran out of hyper-adrenal alacrity. Pretty atmosphere-breaking, if you ask me.I'll try to answer your points as best I can on an individual basis.

But why does Mandalore the Ultimate have +13/+10/+13 on top of his standard class saves and on top of the JEDI SENTINEL state immunity effects? If each +1 is an additional 5% chance to save, +13 is +65% (!), again, unexplained, unwarranted, and on top of already unfair immunities... making using the Force against him a waste of time. Unless, that is, you somehow manage to get your WIS to ~40, to offset his bonuses. For comparison, vanilla Malak has similar bonuses to his saves... but he's supposed to be drawing on the power of an ancient Dark Side artifact.To be honest with you, it never crossed my mind to perceive the Mandalore battle from an in-universe perspective in terms of his immunities and to a lesser extent his difficulty. Thanks for the perspective, and I'll consider reviewing him in a future patch.

Speaking of which, it's odd to find that the Mandalorian Wars version of Malak is murder incarnate... even when compared to his Dark Lord of the Sith self.Malak is drawing his power from the horrors which transpire in the battle around him; all of which is being amplified by the presence of Malachor V.

All in all, I think perspective was lost when building NPC character sheets, what with everyone and their dog being level 20 behemoths of destruction boasting ridiculous saves, defense scores, FP totals, etc. This is still supposed to be a d20-based system, isn't it? Han Solo, Obi-Wan, Vader and other "big" characters aren't level 20 characters. Artificially raising the power level of, well, pretty much everyone to "provide a challenge" results in a state of affairs where power means nothing and tactics are pretty much reduced to spamming stims and life support packs... of which there's an overabundance, which in turn nullifies the intended "challenge"! I don't know about you guys, but I don't remember Obi-Wan and Anakin making pauses in their duel to dope up, and Anakin didn't lose because he ran out of hyper-adrenal alacrity. Pretty atmosphere-breaking, if you ask me.Difficulty is a matter of opinion and skill, and I'm happy with the difficulty of the boss fights on a whole. Though I agree fully that some of the immunities in some of the boss fights were unfair, and as mentioned I'll consider revising them. Though your comparison to the Star Wars movie battles isn't really a valid one, as video games suspend reality for the sake of challenge all the time.

Though thanks for the detailed critique. It offered a fresh perspective that up until now I hadn't considered.

Anyways, over the past few days I've been working on something that I've been wanting to do for a long time. BoS:SR in comic book form, or at least an idea of what it would look like if it were in comic book form!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v642/Silveredge9/testcomic_sml.jpg) (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v642/Silveredge9/testcomic.jpg)

I had a blast making it, as you can probably imagine. :P
 Scoarch
06-02-2009, 1:17 PM
What method of installation have you used? TSLPatcher or manual?

never mind silver, it was just an installation problem every time now the mod worked and finished it and i got two things to say: amaizing mod. I hope you will decide to make a third brotherhood of shadow and i always used the TSLPatcher.
 Queen of Night
06-02-2009, 3:14 PM
Ohh a Comic, yes that make fun.
 DarthNandis
06-02-2009, 4:41 PM
THIS IS THE GREATEST MOD FOR KOTOR ERVER!
I cried at the end :/

They leaving... i will neer see them again :/, why you don't make an visitable Orion, without quests, but a bit of chat with Sera, Kobayashi and Han'ic?
 l33tleboy
06-02-2009, 7:36 PM
Malak is drawing his power from the horrors which transpire in the battle around him; all of which is being amplified by the presence of Malachor V.That works, I suppose. But then, shouldn't Revan be affected as well? Or maybe we could have some dialogue which suggests that despite the events around him, he stays detached and can keep his cool? That would make sense, given Revan's essential leadership position. Malak has a reputation for being fierce alright, but he's so bad that Revan is a bit of a pitiful worm in comparison.

Difficulty is a matter of opinion and skill, and I'm happy with the difficulty of the boss fights on a whole.Well then, if you are happy, that's that. Possibly, I'm a bit too obsessed with the roleplaying aspect of the game, so for me RP concerns always take precedence to "efficiency". My Jedi characters usually only wear regular clothes or Jedi robes, and never use stims, shields, etc. The Force provides for them and stuff, y'know? Sith needn't be so strict, though.

It's just that I wish that tactics for the climactic battles offered a bit more variety than the same old Master Speed/flurry or Force Wave spam. This is more a problem with lazy design on BIO's part than with the mod itself - even if the mod necessarily suffers more from it owing to the increased difficulty.

video games suspend reality for the sake of challenge all the time.So true. The suspension isn't always necessarily well executed, or necessary to the degree it's implemented, though (yes, I'm looking at you, stupid Force VFX!). However, the original content, being of lower difficulty, allows for players to circumvent the need for stims and shields. To you this is perhaps irrelevant. To me, it's a heavy dent on my suspension of disbelief.

At any rate, I doubt this is the place to discuss this and I don't want to hijack your thread. You have already stated in response to me and others that you are happy with the current difficulty, and it's no big deal anyway. I sure don't want to sound like this is a major issue with the mod or anything.

Though thanks for the detailed critique. It offered a fresh perspective that up until now I hadn't considered.Sure thing. You've obviously invested a huge amount of time and effort in this mod; writing a few lines with opinions is the least we can do in return.

By the way, I've also experienced the bug reported by others with appearances getting mixed up, in my case between a textureless-headed Kobayashi, Solomon and Akirakon Sin. Very odd. I only have the "robes for Korriban students" mod installed, apart from SR. That's the only glitch I think I have experienced. Some solid beta testing there.

Peace
 Drunkside
06-03-2009, 4:42 AM
Hey i have a little question concerning mod compability... Does BOS:SR conflict in some way with inyris recruitable kay mod? I havent played with that mod, and i wanted to make this playthrough as good and different from the vanilla kotor as possible, so i installed them both. There were no file replaces from what i could say, but since they are both big mods i cant be sure there wont be ANY conflicts... So has anyone tried playing with both installed?
 Sithspecter
06-03-2009, 10:32 AM
Just finished my playthrough, it has lived up to my expectations, and gone far beyond them. The depth of all the characters, especially Kobayashi with his VO's, is spectacular, and I enjoyed playing every part, none of it was boring. Your area reskins are fantasic, and fit in perfectly. It often took me a minute to figure out what reskinned module I was in. I was happy to see the little Twi'lek child, she looks great with your new skin!

I did find one slight bug, though, but it's nothing important.
When the PC is fighting Solomon within the Temple, you can still talk to Shadow, even though she is in a trance. She comes up with her normal 'Ebon Hawk' dialog.
 DarthNandis
06-03-2009, 10:51 AM
Sithspecter, i noticed it too.
Page: 4 of 18