Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Brotherhood of Shadow: Solomon's Revenge

Page: 2 of 18
 Quanon
05-26-2009, 11:19 AM
I have a Problem. I am on the E.H. with Matilda but I have no Idear what I will do? I will leave the E.H. but this donґt go. The Galaxy Map doesnґt work.

Help please.

Just keep moving around the hawk, go to all the places you can think off.

Both sleeping quarters, that small medical room, the cockpit, cargo hold...
 el Crawler
05-26-2009, 12:13 PM
Just played through the re-mastered version of the original BoS using the save that came with the download. Only bug I've encountered so far is in the inventory - an item called Gadon's Gloves (I think it's called that anyway) has a big white square for a picture. Minor, but I thought I'd point it out. It's probably more to do with other mods I have installed.
 Silveredge9
05-26-2009, 1:09 PM
Just played through the re-mastered version of the original BoS using the save that came with the download. Only bug I've encountered so far is in the inventory - an item called Gadon's Gloves (I think it's called that anyway) has a big white square for a picture. Minor, but I thought I'd point it out. It's probably more to do with other mods I have installed.Yes, that bug isn't actually anything to do with BoS:SE. It's just an old item that I used to have on that save file, and obviously because its icon isn't in your override folder, it shows up as a white square.
 Demongo
05-26-2009, 2:02 PM
Oh my god!
I just can't finish this! I killed Solomon 4 times, killed thos rakatan guardians, killed the ghost Solomon, killed two other Akirakon Sin(sorry if I spelt it wrong) and it just can't end! I can't imagine how much work was this expansion!

Oh and by the way I see people struggling with that force field:D It only took 5 secs to me to figure out what's going on:xp:
 sekan
05-26-2009, 2:41 PM
Does any one know what the "non-cannon" key is supposed to do? You can find this key at a skelaton at the place were Matilda fights Solomon for the last time
 R2-X2
05-26-2009, 3:19 PM
Wow it's out.

What a long Readme!
But an awesome mod, no matter the Readme :xp:
 Silveredge9
05-26-2009, 3:28 PM
Does any one know what the "non-cannon" key is supposed to do? You can find this key at a skelaton at the place were Matilda fights Solomon for the last time It opens the non-cannon footlocker
 disbeliever
05-26-2009, 3:37 PM
It opens the non-cannon footlocker

That made me laugh:)

Good job Silver
 Silveredge9
05-26-2009, 3:39 PM
That made me laugh:)

Good job Silver
I'm being serious. It opens the non-cannon footlocker, full of none-cannon goodness. It's not exactly hidden, but it takes some effort to find.
 sekan
05-26-2009, 3:57 PM
It opens the non-cannon footlocker

Well now I just to figure out were that thing is located :xp:

I just wanted to say thank you to everyone who did help in someway to create this. Let us all give a big thanks and applauses to: Quanon,DSTONEY642000,Sithspecter,Inryi Forge, Marius Fett,Scott C. Wentworth,Eric Braun,Jules Ismail,Dan "ConVito" Conlin,Max "Vivvav" Dweck,Mike "CornetTheory" Hillard,Qui-Gon Glenn and Daniel "extraction" Nord. Also I would like to thank all who created the tools so this could be possible.

And finally I would like to give Silveredge9 an standing ovation for his work that took many years to complete. I can't messuare how much time it must have taken to create this. You're a briliant modder and you made the best mod I ever played and inspired me to make Call of Aid. This is my way of saying thank you for all the time you spent devoliping this.

Thank You
 Canderis
05-26-2009, 4:23 PM
Is it possible to get
The "Republic Commando" armor used in this mod?
 Keeper_DP
05-26-2009, 4:34 PM
OMG IS FINALLY HERE!

I thouth it would be uploaded to kotorfiles but its doesn´t so I looked here and for my surprise it was released yesterday!

I´m not gonna to going to my job today xD I´ll stay at home xDDD
 Silveredge9
05-26-2009, 4:36 PM
Is it possible to get
The "Republic Commando" armor used in this mod?
All new items featured in BoS:SR are listed in the read-me.

I thouth it would be uploaded to kotorfiles but its doesn´t so I looked here and for my surprise it was released yesterday!Megaupload is only a temporary host. It will be uploaded to KOTORFiles in due time.

I'm also interested in how long it takes for some of you to find the easter eggs. I can't exactly remember how many there are, but the one hinted at in one of the release screenshots is my favorite. :P
 Ping
05-26-2009, 5:10 PM
Just a quick question: if we have the original BoS installed, do we need to uninstall it and then install this? I have read the readme, but I'm just trying to be safe with everything. I've also completed the "Favor for a Rodian" quest in the original BoS. Will that cause problems?
 Vallix
05-26-2009, 5:46 PM
Just a quick question: if we have the original BoS installed, do we need to uninstall it and then install this? I have read the readme, but I'm just trying to be safe with everything. I've also completed the "Favor for a Rodian" quest in the original BoS. Will that cause problems?
You don't need to uninstall anything.

On a side note does anyone have a male character save they could lend me? Cheats and all that are fine, I'd just rather play a male than female. The male save I have on the leviathan always bugs out after the Malak fight, instead of Bastila jumping off to fight Malak, some conversation starts up with Carth even though he's on the other side of the wall.
 haemonculus
05-26-2009, 5:53 PM
I get an error message during installation (TSLpatcher):
Error: Unhandled exception: Cannot create file "D:\Programme\KotOR\backup\modules\ship.mod". System unable to find path (0)
I tried it like 4 times, with a clean install of KotOR... nothing worked so far.
Perhaps I should redownload it? :raise:
 jamjoh
05-26-2009, 6:34 PM
I'm also interested in how long it takes for some of you to find the easter eggs. I can't exactly remember how many there are, but the one hinted at in one of the release screenshots is my favorite. :P

Probably not a easter egg, but from one of my favorite sections of the mod:
Twi'lek: A what!?!

Bounty Hunter: (angrily) A what!?!

Revan: A dance off!!! Oh wait, I was supposed to say A what!?!
 Lord of Hunger
05-26-2009, 7:03 PM
Error: Unhandled exception: Cannot create file "D:\Programme\KotOR\backup\modules\ship.mod". System unable to find path (0)
I tried it like 4 times, with a clean install of KotOR... nothing worked so far.
Perhaps I should redownload it?
I have the same problem (or similar at least), but since I want to play this game ASAP, I'm gonna just install manually and reinstall anything else that uses .2da files.

Btw, ditto on what logan23 said, Silveredge9. Your work is actually my inspiration too.

Cheers,

Lord of Hunger
 Silveredge9
05-26-2009, 7:07 PM
You don't need to uninstall anything.

On a side note does anyone have a male character save they could lend me? Cheats and all that are fine, I'd just rather play a male than female. The male save I have on the leviathan always bugs out after the Malak fight, instead of Bastila jumping off to fight Malak, some conversation starts up with Carth even though he's on the other side of the wall.Couldn't you edit the START_MOD save using KSE?

Perhaps I should redownload it? :raise:Then that means you've deleted the empty folders supplied with the package which are needed for the TSL Patcher installation. In the same directory as the .exe file there should be an empty folder called "modules", another called "backup", and inside the backup folder another named "modules". So if you've deleted them, you need to create them.

Probably not a easter egg, but from one of my favorite sections of the mod:
Twi'lek: A what!?!

Bounty Hunter: (angrily) A what!?!

Revan: A dance off!!! Oh wait, I was supposed to say A what!?!
Probably one of my favourite side quests is the second assassination mission. When you've attached the bomb to the protocol droid and have commanded it to move to Zeven Etta's location, if you activate the detonator prematurely the explosion kills everything within a few metre radius; the player, party members, and any NPCs nearby included. :P
 Vallix
05-26-2009, 7:16 PM
Couldn't you edit the START_MOD save using KSE?
I dunno how to do any of that stuff :P. The only thing I do is install mods and play the game. Is it something difficult to do?
 Silveredge9
05-26-2009, 7:36 PM
I dunno how to do any of that stuff :P. The only thing I do is install mods and play the game. Is it something difficult to do?
KSE = KoTOR save game editor. You can download it here (http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filefront.com/file/KOTOR_and_TSL_Save_Game_Editor_English_Language_On) ly;68852).
 Sithspecter
05-26-2009, 8:07 PM
First order of business: Congratulations on the release!

I'm really glad to see this mod finished, gives me a ne reason to play through again.

I'm sorry that you're retiring, I've always admired and respected your hard work and excellent quality. I know that your work has inspired me to reach for the highest quality possible in modding, and I've redone a thing or two after seeing your excellent screenshots. ;)

Can't wait to play the mod, it looks amazing.

Thanks for creating all this. :)
 Vallix
05-26-2009, 8:35 PM
KSE = KoTOR save game editor. You can download it here (http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filefront.com/file/KOTOR_and_TSL_Save_Game_Editor_English_Language_On) ly;68852).
Thank you very much.
 Canderis
05-26-2009, 8:49 PM
Just finished playing through the entire things and I have only found 2 bugs witch I think is a new record for a mod I played. I stated the first one earlier and the 2nd one
During the battle with Solomon where he is taking power from the Brotherhood if you talk to "Sera, Matilda" she acts like your on the hawk and talks normally.
 Silveredge9
05-26-2009, 9:05 PM
During the battle with Solomon where he is taking power from the Brotherhood if you talk to "Sera, Matilda" she acts like your on the hawk and talks normally.The 1st bug you reported technically wasn't a bug, and was just an unfortunate consequence of Shadow using the Bastila Underwear model as her default clothing model.

For the second bug, Shadow shouldn't respond in any way should you talk to her during the battle. Did you save and reload at any point during the battle? It can sometimes "cancel" the "effect" which stops her from responding.

Also, thanks for the kind words everyone. I'm hoping BoS:SR serves to inspire the creation of a "new generation" of content mods as the "last generation" inspired me (Although not quite in the traditional sense) to create BoS:SR.

And finally, when you've completed the mod, please let me know what you thought. What was you favourite section, favourite character, and so on and so on. :P
 Chevron 7 locke
05-26-2009, 9:12 PM
Hey Silveredge, I think I found a few glitches.

The first glitch is that Mandalore's battle armor shows up as regular battle armor.

The second glitch is pretty bad, After talking with Daemon Drexel on the bridge, the battle with the Republic Admiral begins. The screen is Dark and I can't very far. I've tried reloading the module numerous times, but nothing seems to work.
 Canderis
05-26-2009, 9:14 PM
For the second bug, Shadow shouldn't respond in any way should you talk to her during the battle. Did you save and reload at any point during the battle? It can sometimes "cancel" the "effect" which stops her from responding.

No I did not re-load it at all, oh and I forgot to say this mod is amazing, the most complete, well done, mod I have seen to date. Simply amazing! Great mod, no more than a mod as this took me longer to beat than TSL, I really don't know what to call this.

How did you create the new Jedi Robes texture? The black one. So much detail. Great skins.
 Silveredge9
05-26-2009, 9:19 PM
Hey Silveredge, I think I found a few glitches.

The first glitch is that Mandalore's battle armor shows up as regular battle armor.

The second glitch is pretty bad, After talking with Daemon Drexel on the bridge, the battle with the Republic Admiral begins. The screen is Dark and I can't very far. I've tried reloading the module numerous times, but nothing seems to work.
If you're trying to equip the battle armour on a female character, then you need to read the known bugs section of the Read-Me.

Could you provide more details about the second bug. So you speak to Daemon Drexl, then it fades out and warps to another module?
 Queen of Night
05-26-2009, 9:21 PM
I had a Bug on Dantooine in the Visions.

My other Problem is where I find Solomon on Korriban? I have killed the Sith-Master, because I thougt he is the Answer but he isnґt it.

And I donґt come in the Korriban Waste.

Please help again.
 Chevron 7 locke
05-26-2009, 9:22 PM
If you're trying to equip the battle armour on a female character, then you need to read the known bugs section of the Read-Me.

Could you provide more details about the second bug. So you speak to Daemon Drexl, then it fades out and warps to another module?

Sorry, knew I forgot to do something.

The second glitch, I talk to Daemon Drexl and then the module warps to another module, but the screen is black. I hear blaster shots and medpacs going off, but the screen is black. I can move a short distance directly down the hallway and then I can move to the left, but then it stops.
 Silveredge9
05-26-2009, 9:34 PM
I had a Bug on Dantooine in the Visions.

My other Problem is where I find Solomon on Korriban? I have killed the Sith-Master, because I thougt he is the Answer but he isnґt it.

And I donґt come in the Korriban Waste.

Please help again.
What bug did you experience during the vision on Dantooine?

And if you're not quite sure where to go, you should check the journal or speak to Shadow.

Sorry, knew I forgot to do something.

The second glitch, I talk to Daemon Drexl and then the module warps to another module, but the screen is black. I hear blaster shots and medpacs going off, but the screen is black. I can move a short distance directly down the hallway and then I can move to the left, but then it stops.Do you have any other mods installed? Does this bug repeat itself no matter how many times you load the autosave?
 Chevron 7 locke
05-26-2009, 9:37 PM
What bug did you experience during the vision on Dantooine?

And if you're not quite sure where to go, you should check the journal or speak to Shadow.

Do you have any other mods installed? Does this bug repeat itself no matter how many times you load the autosave?

The bug repeats itself no matter how many times I load the auto-save. I'm gonna try something in a few minutes, I think I have a hunch of whats causing it.

The mods I have installed are: More feats, More force powers, both by Shem, I have the contents of the superskip taris installed, but I don't think that thats the problem, I was having trouble with it before that particular mod was installed, and a Darth Malak reskin.

Thats about it.
 Silveredge9
05-26-2009, 9:39 PM
The bug repeats itself no matter how many times I load the auto-save. I'm gonna try something in a few minutes, I think I have a hunch of whats causing it.

The mods I have installed are: More feats, More force powers, both by Shem, I have the contents of the superskip taris installed, but I don't think that thats the problem, I was having trouble with it before that particular mod was installed, and a Darth Malak reskin.

Thats about it.
It's always a good idea to test and see if it's a possible confliction by reinstalling it into a fresh override. If that still doesn't yield any positive results, send me the autosave and I'll check it out.
 DarthSion399
05-26-2009, 10:05 PM
I've playd through a large portion of the mod and it's awsome I reakky enjoyed every part of it.

One thing I notuced though is that alot of things look like they're from TSL, are these ports?
 Silveredge9
05-26-2009, 10:09 PM
One thing I notuced though is that alot of things look like they're from TSL, are these ports?The Temple of Shadow is meant to recreate the aethetical style of the Trayus Academy on Malachor V, so if you're seeing the comparison, then I did a good job.
 Chevron 7 locke
05-26-2009, 10:30 PM
It's always a good idea to test and see if it's a possible confliction by reinstalling it into a fresh override. If that still doesn't yield any positive results, send me the autosave and I'll check it out.

That did the trick. Thanks Silveredge.

Oh, I forgot, Excellent mod!
 Demongo
05-27-2009, 3:49 AM
I need some help:(

So I thought I completed BoS:SR when Mec Han'ic, Kobayashi and Sera left me in the Korriban Wastes, but I was wrong. I forgot to complete those assasinations for the Hutt:D So yes I killed easily the rodian,mandalorian and Hunt but I can't find a way to that Sith Master. I have Canderous and Carth in my party, everyone(including me) has a sith uniform equipped with either vibroblades or blasters. So where can I go to the Korriban Wastes? I have to walk back all the way through the mining tunnels?:confused:
 Queen of Night
05-27-2009, 4:03 AM
@Silver: More People on Dantooine Visions and then comes Loading-bar -->Crash.
In Shadow´s Visions are the same, especial as she speak with Revan, battle with Revan and then actual comes the next Cutscene but nothing. I hope this help you.

@DarthDac: In the Mainframe Level you find a basplate (Name I don´t know).
 Demongo
05-27-2009, 4:10 AM
@DarthDac: In the Mainframe Level you find a basplate (Name I donґt know).

You mean Maintance Level? or Main Level? I haven't been in any Mainframe Level or I just can't read:xp:

Allright then I'll check the Maintence Level:)
 Queen of Night
05-27-2009, 4:13 AM
@DarthDac: Sorry, I mean Mainteance-Level.
 Master Shake
05-27-2009, 4:30 AM
Just finished. First time I've played through KotOR since Silveredge first announced the mod.

I have to say, best mod I've ever played. It was full of badassery and was actually better than the original game, reminded me of TSL in a lot of ways.
 Demongo
05-27-2009, 4:39 AM
Okay thanks Queen, I found the Sewer:) I've done with whole Bos just one thing bothers me. I couldn't find that non-canon footlocker:(

EDIT: I tried to get Mandalore's Mask with KSE but an error occurs always:( Can I get it somehow in-game?

2nd EDIT: I searched some screenies at Silveredge9.com hoping one would show me the secret location of the non-canon footlocker:p And I found these screens:
http://silveredge9.com/images/screenshots/bossr/bossr_070.jpg)
http://silveredge9.com/images/screenshots/bossr/bossr_042.jpg)
http://silveredge9.com/images/screenshots/bossr/bossr_045.jpg)
http://silveredge9.com/images/screenshots/bossr/bossr_011.jpg)
I never met any of these places/situations:( Are these some kind of sidequests I missed?
 HK-42
05-27-2009, 5:06 AM
EDIT: I tried to get Mandalore's Mask with KSE but an error occurs always:( Can I get it somehow in-game?

Same here.
 craigdando
05-27-2009, 5:30 AM
Completed the mod last night and i have to say it's possibly one of the best mod's out there and my favourite mod out there. I only encountered 2 minor bugs that were in dialogs so nothing important so yeh, its an awesome mod!
 Vallix
05-27-2009, 6:19 AM
I'm actually having the same problem as Chevron 7 locke with the screen going black after talking with Daemon and hearing only blaster fire. My Override folder is clear of anything but the BoS:SR mod ><

I'll try making a fresh folder and trying again just in case though.

Edit: Ah I figured it out yet again xD I've like flooded this thread with very simple problems, which turn out to not really be problems at all. I apologize Silveredge.
 el Crawler
05-27-2009, 7:42 AM
I'm not sure whether this has been mentioned before (or if it's even new to this mod) but the designation of the Mind Prison on the Orion is THX1138 - the same name of George Lucas' first film.
 Silveredge9
05-27-2009, 9:29 AM
I need some help:(

So I thought I completed BoS:SR when Mec Han'ic, Kobayashi and Sera left me in the Korriban Wastes, but I was wrong. I forgot to complete those assasinations for the Hutt:D So yes I killed easily the rodian,mandalorian and Hunt but I can't find a way to that Sith Master. I have Canderous and Carth in my party, everyone(including me) has a sith uniform equipped with either vibroblades or blasters. So where can I go to the Korriban Wastes? I have to walk back all the way through the mining tunnels?:confused:The administrator clearly outlines what you need to do and where you need to go for each of the assassinations, so the best advice I can give is to actually read what he is saying.

@Silver: More People on Dantooine Visions and then comes Loading-bar -->Crash.
In Shadowґs Visions are the same, especial as she speak with Revan, battle with Revan and then actual comes the next Cutscene but nothing. I hope this help you.Have you tried clearing you're override folder and then reinstalling the mod? Usually crash bugs have sometime to do with conflictions.

reminded me of TSL in a lot of ways.How so?

Okay thanks Queen, I found the Sewer:) I've done with whole Bos just one thing bothers me. I couldn't find that non-canon footlocker:(

2nd EDIT: I searched some screenies at Silveredge9.com hoping one would show me the secret location of the non-canon footlocker:p And I found these screens:
http://silveredge9.com/images/screenshots/bossr/bossr_070.jpg)
http://silveredge9.com/images/screenshots/bossr/bossr_042.jpg)
http://silveredge9.com/images/screenshots/bossr/bossr_045.jpg)
http://silveredge9.com/images/screenshots/bossr/bossr_011.jpg)
I never met any of these places/situations:( Are these some kind of sidequests I missed?You can get Mandalore's mask in game without using cheats. And the non-cannon footlocker can still be found after all BoS:SR quests are completed. The only hint I'm going to give concerning its location is that it's in the Korriban Civilian Quarters.

Completed the mod last night and i have to say it's possibly one of the best mod's out there and my favourite mod out there. I only encountered 2 minor bugs that were in dialogs so nothing important so yeh, its an awesome mod!
Post any bugs you find, even if they're only minor.

I'm actually having the same problem as Chevron 7 locke with the screen going black after talking with Daemon and hearing only blaster fire. My Override folder is clear of anything but the BoS:SR mod ><

I'll try making a fresh folder and trying again just in case though.

Edit: Ah I figured it out yet again xD I've like flooded this thread with very simple problems, which turn out to not really be problems at all. I apologize Silveredge.What was the problem?

I'm not sure whether this has been mentioned before (or if it's even new to this mod) but the designation of the Mind Prison on the Orion is THX1138 - the same name of George Lucas' first film.
Yes, I had forgotten about that easter egg. Though the best has still yet to be found, and is hinted at in one of the release screenshots.
 Queen of Night
05-27-2009, 9:44 AM
@Silver: Yes, my Override was clear. But I have the Problem resolved, a have save, going out of the Game and then later I play at the same Place. That is go.

Edit: And your work is very cool. I hope you make many more Mods with BOS.
 MeThos_Valdroa
05-27-2009, 9:54 AM
I have just installed it, it looks very promising. Thanks for all your hard work!
 Vallix
05-27-2009, 10:21 AM
What was the problem?
I'm not sure, I was getting that same black screen and only hearing the gun fire after speaking with Daemon for the first time boarding the Orion(as Matilda/Sera/Shadow/forgot the other name)

All I did was make a fresh Override folder and reload the autosave and it worked fine though. I just finished a few minutes ago and I suppose you've heard it enough already but fantastic work. I particular loved the ending scene with the trio walking away. You found a way to give a happy ending without losing your "cool" factor as being Revan as well.

Thanks for the experience.
Page: 2 of 18