Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Mace Windu: Party Crasher (SP)

Page: 5 of 10
 Prime
04-25-2003, 1:39 PM
Originally posted by Eldritch
<snip info> Thanks. :) Just wondering what the other issues were as well.
 Zappa_0
04-25-2003, 6:23 PM
Anthony, is there anyway that I can contact Dak myself? Please reply back.
 Eldritch
04-25-2003, 6:37 PM
Originally posted by Prime
Thanks. :) Just wondering what the other issues were as well.
No problem. Just doing what I can. :)
 Kengo
04-25-2003, 8:57 PM
Originally posted by Zappa_0
Anthony, is there anyway that I can contact Dak myself? Please reply back.

Not attemtping to thread hijack here...(gets out crowbar) but if you're really desperate for voice actors and DAK isn't avaliable I know quite a few good voice actors due to my SP mapping, I could give them all your email and tell them if they are interested they should email you some samples or soemthing if you want, keen?
 Emon
04-26-2003, 2:57 AM
DAK has already done most of the voices. There's no way someone's going to replace him after all the work he's done. Not when it's that good.
 idontlikegeorge
04-26-2003, 4:30 AM
this is the only project im even comin back to JO for.

just aint like the first jedi knight. modding is so limited in SP on this game, its sad.

be nice to see this finally out.
 AKPiggott
04-26-2003, 8:29 AM
Originally posted by Emon
DAK has already done most of the voices. There's no way someone's going to replace him after all the work he's done. Not when it's that good.

That's not what Kengo meant, he was talking about the Jedi Oucast movies. Speaking of which, DAK (or Antizac as he's been calling himself here) has been monitoring this thread, so if he's interested I'm sure he'll say so.
 AKPiggott
04-26-2003, 8:32 AM
Also, if anyone has a chance to speak to Toonces, please remind him that I need to talk to him. I can't release this level without a Yoda model with facial bones.
 boinga1
04-26-2003, 12:59 PM
You might talk to...uh, Kaiaswompat or whatever his name is, he's making a new Yoda in the Modelling forum with facial bones.
 DarkLord60
04-26-2003, 9:24 PM
KaiaSowapit, toonces, and whoever you need I could get ahold of them. Well toonces is never around anymore. But I will do my best. What should I tell them anthony.
 Anakin
04-28-2003, 9:47 AM
Ak- get hold of KaiaSowapit we are helping finish of his model, and get it all sorted.
 YoDa2k2
05-02-2003, 9:10 AM
actualy ive seen toonces hang around the BF42.de fourms a little, maybe you can get a hold of him there? :rolleyes:
 blah2k
05-14-2003, 3:27 AM
Was hoping for some news on this level, was really looking forward to it :(
 Antizac
05-14-2003, 4:33 AM
Yeah, I'm actually curious myself...

Anthony hasn't replied to my last e-mail - it's been at least 2 weeks...

Anthony, you alive?

I hope he's alright.
 AKPiggott
05-19-2003, 6:25 AM
I'm here! I'm here!

I've just really lost interest in this level lately. I might get encouraged if someone sends some voices my way...
 Chewie Bakker
05-19-2003, 6:43 AM
Originally posted by AKPiggott
I'm here! I'm here!

I've just really lost interest in this level lately. I might get encouraged if someone sends some voices my way...

D'oh! I wish I had sufficient talent to do voices. :(

Just out of curiosity, what voices do you (still) need?

:gben: The Force will be with you, always.
 Eldritch
05-19-2003, 10:48 AM
I'd also be interested in helping you with voices, AK.

Not that your post was an invitation or anything (I think), but I figured I'd offer anyway.
 Emon
05-19-2003, 11:23 AM
He probably needs the original actors.
 Louis
05-28-2003, 10:53 AM
I'm just wondering if there's any new news on this one...it's looking great AK, now let's finish it. :)

BTW, Eldritch is a great voice actor if you need some. He really does a good job.
 Wudan
05-28-2003, 11:59 AM
I'm not generally an 'SP' kind of guy, but I've been waiting for this level ... forever.
 Prime
05-28-2003, 4:25 PM
Originally posted by wudan
I'm not generally an 'SP' kind of guy, but I've been waiting for this level ... forever. Me too :)

Please don't let it die!
 DarkLord60
05-28-2003, 9:09 PM
Well I believe Anthony will get this map completed.
 Prime
05-29-2003, 3:33 PM
Originally posted by DarkLord60
Well I believe Anthony will get this map completed. I'm sure he will. I was just stating that I am very keen on playing this level.
 wedge2211
06-05-2003, 1:14 PM
AK, if you're still watching this thread, I really would not object at all if PC was released just with subtitles...it looks too amazing for a few voice actors to cancel the whole project, there was too much good work put into this. And hey, if your original voice actors aren't delivering...time to find substitutes, eh?

Any way you do this I bet this will be one of the most-played JO levels for a while.
 DarkLord60
06-05-2003, 6:59 PM
I don't want to bug you AK but it would be a shame for this project to go down the crapper. I followed your work for quite some time as I played JK and all your stuff and also I edited myself in TPMTC for MotS and now I am working in AOTCTC fo JO .Anyway to get to the point I just want to know the whats the word on your project here? Just so you can keep fans happy.
 bengar
06-05-2003, 7:44 PM

AK.... what do u mean you lost interest? If i have to Ill send a sample of my voice...lol. You have to finish what you started... I know it's tough... Use the force AK!!! GO GO GO

I love Mace. I cant wait for this level.

Bengar
 Antizac
06-06-2003, 3:21 AM
Originally posted by bengar
AK.... what do u mean you lost interest? If i have to Ill send a sample of my voice...lol. You have to finish what you started... I know it's tough... Use the force AK!!! GO GO GO

I love Mace. I cant wait for this level.

Bengar

Don't bitch at Anthony, you should be giving me schitt for not finishing the voices he needs...

...And it's not that I'm lazy, it's just that, I actually have a life out side of the Star Wars/JK/JO community. *gasp*:rolleyes:
 Leslie Judge
06-06-2003, 4:29 AM
Originally posted by Antizac
I actually have a life out side of the Star Wars/JK/JO community. *gasp*:rolleyes: It's a shame! How can you do that? :D
 DarkLord60
06-08-2003, 5:32 AM
Guys guys get a life and do something else for a change rather than camping in the forums and posting pointless posts that just upset people and cause problems. Don't complain he will finish it when he does. I can't wait to try it out myself but for now lets wait patiently and keep things cool, we wouldn't want this to turn into another forum thread like WIP: Tercero-Anakin Model. LOL lets keep it cool.
 AKPiggott
06-12-2003, 11:58 AM
Has anyone either:

a) Heard from Toonces recently?

b) Heard anything about a Yoda model being released with facial bones?
 AKPiggott
06-12-2003, 11:58 AM
Has anyone either:

a) Heard from Toonces recently?

b) Heard anything about a Yoda model being released with facial bones?
 Eldritch
06-12-2003, 12:15 PM
I believe KaiaSowapit is releasing his new Yoda (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=95241) soon, which includes facial bones.

I've seen Toonces around, but he's so busy with real life affairs he hasn't spent much time here.
 DarkLord60
06-12-2003, 4:36 PM
Originally posted by Eldritch
I believe KaiaSowapit is releasing his new Yoda (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=95241) soon, which includes facial bones.

I've seen Toonces around, but he's so busy with real life affairs he hasn't spent much time here.

I dont think the new Yoda will be comming out for awhile. I work with him at AOTCTC and I talked to him recently and he still has quite a bit to go yet.
 idontlikegeorge
06-28-2003, 6:08 AM
Why not release what is completed, then perhaps if you feel the need to later, given the resources you originally wanted, make a "special edition" version.

From what I gather, it's all aesthetic concerns right now, don't let sad circumstances concerning aesthetics kill this project!

Please, for the love of god, this map has to be released! It would be the first time in three months that I would fire up JK2!
 Eldritch
06-28-2003, 8:37 PM
george, chill. It's his right as an artist to release this when and only when he feels it's ready. Harassing AK won't make him release it any sooner.
 AKPiggott
06-30-2003, 7:21 AM
I've decided I'm not going to release this level. Simply because I am not happy with the quality of it. There are too many unrecoverable technical problems with it and I'm not willing to release something like that. I've also lost a lot of interest in the game as well. However, maybe I'll start working on something new when JA comes out.
 lassev
06-30-2003, 9:11 AM
That's sad news indeed. However, the decision is yours to make. I hope JA will return some of your inspiration.
 Altus_Thrawn
06-30-2003, 11:39 AM
after all this time...

ah well

it's your choice, not mine

you almost made me play sp again
 wedge2211
06-30-2003, 11:51 AM
Originally posted by AKPiggott
I've decided I'm not going to release this level. Simply because I am not happy with the quality of it. There are too many unrecoverable technical problems with it and I'm not willing to release something like that. I've also lost a lot of interest in the game as well. However, maybe I'll start working on something new when JA comes out.

Cut that out.
 Prime
06-30-2003, 1:55 PM
I am most disappointed by this turn of events... :(
 master_thomas
06-30-2003, 6:07 PM
:(

Oh man, I was looking forward to this map so hopefully. I got really happy when I thought you were going to release it soon. Oh well, I guess there are still lot of other good maps coming out soon. Man, this is sad.

:(
 Kengo
06-30-2003, 7:01 PM
I really feel for you Ant, I've come close to projects dying on me a few times, but nothing like this. Just nearly losing a map caused a near full day of deep depression, this is something else - as dissapointed as everyone is that this level won't be coming out, I'm sure you must be feeling a lot worse, you put in a lot of time and effort, and I'm sure everyone will appreciate that after the dissapointment wears of a little. I'd like to offer to try to finish this off for you, for what its worth, although I don't really think I'm good enough to have a right to offer...I thought I would all the same, even thought I'm sure you'll want to lay it to rest. Anyway, I totally respect your judgement on this as I think everyone else should, as far as I'm concerned you're the man when it comes to SP map editing and quite simply the person most qualified in the whole community to make the decision!
 Louis
06-30-2003, 8:35 PM
Man this really sucks...I mean I dunno you could at least put it out as an unfinished beta or something! At least we could appreciate what might have been. Oh well...
 Eldritch
06-30-2003, 9:28 PM
As much as it sucks, I have to agree with AK. I think that he doesn't want to put something half-assed out for the public, and that's his right to do as the creator.

If it's ever done one day, that'd be great. But in the grand scheme of things, it doesn't really matter that much.
 master_thomas
06-30-2003, 9:34 PM
I just feel upset that his months of work should go to such waste. It was going to be the best SP map ever made for Jedi Outcast. He spent so much time and effort for a map that is never going to be released. It's so sad. :(
 DarkLord60
07-01-2003, 6:45 PM
Originally posted by master_thomas
I just feel upset that his months of work should go to such waste. It was going to be the best SP map ever made for Jedi Outcast. He spent so much time and effort for a map that is never going to be released. It's so sad. :(

I agree
 wedge2211
07-02-2003, 12:52 AM
If all that was left was a few lines for Mace and a Yoda model with a face, why not just live with a Yoda that can't move its mouth (really, no one would complain), and fudge the Mace dialogue, or cut it, or whatever? Really, that's all I heard was left, and that's no reason not to trash such great work just like that...
 ewok mercenary
07-02-2003, 4:57 AM
What exactly are these "unrecoverable technical problems"? I'm sure whatever it is can't be that bad for the level and nobody wants to see all this hard work go to waste. Even if you don't think it's good enough to release, it'll still probably be awesome.
Releasing a great level with some problems is a lot better than letting all that time and effort go down the drain and not releasing it at all.

Please, seriously reconsider this AK.
 DarkLord60
07-02-2003, 7:53 PM
KaiaSowapit needs help with his yoda in order to finish it. I talked to him and he told me he wants to finish it but cant find anyone to help him. I forggot exactly what he needs but everyone at AOTCTC is to busy or cant help. and as far as voices so what who cares about them.
 AKPiggott
07-03-2003, 7:51 AM
I don't look at this as a waste at all. I've learnt an awful lot about JO mapping making this level.

I'm not willing to release this level without the voices either, that will make it unfinished. I'm not interested in releasing unfinished projects.

Some of the testers with the very best machines suffered considerably with the technical framerate drops. It would be unwise for me to release this level when even the very best computers can't enjoy this level to the potential of which I designed it. The bottom line is that some areas were built quite sloppily, I didn't fully understand caulking and area portals and everything else so I simply didn't implement them. I've tried adding all that stuff in to make a difference and it makes a minute one at best.

I don't expect all of you to understand my attitude in this. Bottom line is I've been making SP levels for years now and it's inexcusable of me to release anything of any low standard, technically or from a design point of view.

Maybe I will work on a smaller scale project as a filler for when JA comes out.
Page: 5 of 10