Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Mace Windu: Party Crasher (SP)

Page: 2 of 10
 Emon
12-05-2002, 12:16 AM
$20 says I've already tried it and I know all about how it works/doesn't work. ;)
 Toonces
12-05-2002, 2:12 AM
heh, I wouldn't make that bet with you because you'd probly win ;) It's nothing super revolutionary, or something that hasn't been done before, but it's definatly cool IMO for JO fans. It's definatly on now btw, but I'm not sure if AK want's it announced just yet.

It's hardly anything revolutionary, but we think you guys will dig it :D
 Emon
12-05-2002, 6:44 PM
Could you PM to me what it is? I've worked a lot with doing cheap tricks to get things to work. A lot.
 Matt-Liell
12-05-2002, 6:53 PM
Sorry dont know much about mapping (but i do know that that map is amazing!) can it be changed into an MP map aswell? just wondering man! and im hoping the map and Mace will be released soon! Mace is one of my most favourite characters!
 Taigan
12-05-2002, 11:20 PM
I sat here for about an hour staring at the pictures,speachless.....I really need a life :P
 AKPiggott
12-06-2002, 5:01 AM
I'm not going to announce what it is, not yet anyway. I'll probably show a couple of screens later on down the line.

I'm thinking of making a trailer for this level. What's a good software program that can create movies from game footage?
 Hellfire Jedi
12-06-2002, 6:51 AM
Ask MadDad or DadMad i think i dunno he made a trailer
 Matt-Liell
12-06-2002, 8:12 AM
Originally posted by AKPiggott
I'm not going to announce what it is, not yet anyway. I'll probably show a couple of screens later on down the line.

I'm thinking of making a trailer for this level. What's a good software program that can create movies from game footage?

i found this i havent used it yet but others say it is good, here is the link! http://www.jediknightii.net/files/index.php?link=file&id=50) glad i could help with this AMAZING level!
this is all i do when i see your map and toonces mace!: :bored: :bored: :bored: :bored: :bored: :bored: :bored: :bored: :bored: :bored:
 Taigan
12-06-2002, 4:36 PM
SWEET SP MOD,AND TAKE THE DUDES ADVICE I WANNA SEE THIS THING IN MOVING ACTION :D
 Emon
12-06-2002, 5:59 PM
1. Actually, don't tell me what it is yet. Only tell me if you have problems with it! :)

2. AK, I just asked that same thing on the Massassi forums a day ago. I don't think there really is any good software, not that does sound anyways.

cl_avidemo 1 will capture a crapload of screenshots in TGA format, but performance suffers. The best I've gotten it to work is when I run in 640x480 (plenty for a trailer), 16-bit color, vsync off, and even then it's pretty slow.

For audio, you could plug your audio out into another PC, or even your own.

The way they do those game trailers for JO and stuff is probably use the TV-out and go to either a digital camera or a video in on another PC or workstation of some type, and do the same for the audio.
 WhiteShdw
12-06-2002, 6:13 PM
I actually want to know as little as possible about this level. I saw some of the screens a while ago and it looks like AKpiggot's working on something really special.

So like with movies, i wanna go in spoiler free. I will be hard to ignore all the pics and comments in this thread. I don't even wanna beta test.:)

On another note, I finally managed to track down a copy of JK1 and finished it. I know AKpiggot did a lot of editing on that game as well. So I want to know which SP mods I should check out for that game.
 AKPiggott
12-07-2002, 4:36 AM
If you have MotS White, just download BoaM and ToaM (from massassi.net). They're the only ones I made that are worth downloading.

I've always been in two minds about the trailer. There's lot's of cool stuff I want to show everyone, but at the same time I've been very secretive about what happens in this.
 WhiteShdw
12-07-2002, 7:24 AM
Yeah, i got MOTS too. It was a complete package in one DVD keepcase. I'll check those levels out :).

As for the trailer, if you really want to make one, don't reveal the best stuff. I hate going to the movies and finding out that all the best stuff in the movie was already in the trailer and that i'd already seen it like 20 times.
 Emon
12-07-2002, 11:35 AM
I'd get BoaM SE, ToaM 1 and 2, and ToaM 2 - BTM.
 AKPiggott
12-07-2002, 2:26 PM
Maybe one day I'd make ToaM3 for JO... I'd have to make it cleverly though. It'll need to somehow tell the backstory in an entertaining way for those who haven't played the originals. Emon knows what I'm talking about.
 Emon
12-07-2002, 9:40 PM
ToaM 3 for JO would work if Raven makes an expansion with better guns or more externalized weapon data to edit.

I'm not sure how you could explain the backstory of ToaM, the opening title crawl can do some of it, but not more of the details.
 AKPiggott
12-08-2002, 9:59 AM
Well, basucally the only thing that'll need to be told is that Fett has captured Kyle on Mohc's payroll. Other details from the plot could be referred to later on in the level.
 WhiteShdw
12-08-2002, 11:08 AM
I have to agree with Emon here. I don't think JO is much fun as a straight shooter. The guns just aren't that good. After playing JK1 and a little bit of BOAM SE, I'd have to say that the guns in the original were a lot more effective.

I was pretty happy when i finally got my lightsaber in JO.

Is it even possible to get new weapons in JO? I've tried it a little bit, but I wasn't succesfull.

Raven did release the SP source for Elite Force a little while ago, maybe they'll release it for JO as well.
 AKPiggott
12-09-2002, 6:24 AM
Thing is Elite Force wasn't overseen by LucasArts... it's them who have the last word.
 wedge2211
12-09-2002, 10:54 AM
Can the EF source be used in JO, as they're both Q3A engines? Especially for weapons that don't involve changing the unchangeable animations...I dunno, I'm not a coder.

Nice level, by the way, I can't wait to give it a spin.
 Emon
12-09-2002, 7:19 PM
Unfortunatly, wedge2211, no.
 Anakin
12-10-2002, 3:52 AM
Looking good.

I might of found another way of capturing footage off the game, I just need a friend to confirm it but I might be able to use QT :)
 idontlikegeorge
12-13-2002, 2:31 PM
Originally posted by Emon
if Raven makes an expansion with better guns or more externalized weapon data to edit.

thats on my eternal chrismas list. its hard to have saber enemies all the time, but the guns suck so bad you need to have the saber... :(

anyway, look forward to whatever nifty thing ya got goin! once this sp mod comes out im gonna haveta find my jo disc again!
 IS_Raptor3k
12-13-2002, 5:09 PM
Didnt the DF mod change the weapons, and it seemed to work better than the origanal JO levels...
 Emon
12-14-2002, 5:59 PM
They just made them fire faster.
 §ith Lord
12-18-2002, 3:53 AM
Hey Ant I was wondering about Mace's Lightsaber style in your level. I was playing with Jedimod a little bit ago and found that the purple lightsaber style is kinda how Mace fought in AotC, you know with alot of spins and what not. the only problem with that is the idle animation where his arms look like they're glued to his hips, but if you used the idle animation from the orange one handed lightsaber style I think that would be perfect.

and if you need any help with skinning, I could help. just like old times for the SWTTC and TPMTC (what a waste of time those were)
 §ith Lord
12-18-2002, 3:55 AM
oh I forgot, if you need examples of my current work, just look left at my avater for my Darth Sidious skin for Toonces' model, as well as the blue ctf for the Kit Fisto Model, and the Red CTF (facial texture) for Qui-Gon Jinn
 Lord Tnuc
12-18-2002, 4:02 AM
and if you need any help with skinning, I could help. just like old times for the SWTTC and TPMTC (what a waste of time those were)

Does this perhaps mean that there is/will be no TPM TCin the works? In my oppinion, that TC would be really nice.

And I agree about the saber style/stance, by the way. That would indeed be utterly perfect.
 §ith Lord
12-18-2002, 9:29 PM
I meant TPMTC for MotS....Not JO. My main gripe with total conversions are they never get finished.... I found that out first hand. the problem with total conversions are that they try to complete everything at once, instead of one level at a time. The Phantom Menace and Star Wars Trilogy Total conversion were working on theirs for 2 years...then it bombed due to lack of interest and lack of production... like I said a big waste of two years
 idontlikegeorge
12-19-2002, 2:22 AM
hehe back in the day i remember saying something on massassi forums, along the lines of, "if the tpmtc spend as much time on their project as they do on their website, it might get done someday!" and subsequently got flamed by everyone on that team
:p

yeah, about the saber stance, that would be a cool addition... although personally, i dont like custom saber styles in SP, i mean it works, but it doesnt really work, cuz you can only change the animation, not the damage, and other aspects of it (for SP)

i hate how damn limited the modding for SP is. i really do. i dont like SW quake, damnit. i like the DF/JK/JO sp series.
 §ith Lord
12-19-2002, 3:18 AM
Im pretty sure theres a way to change damage taken by a saber in SP. but maybe im wrong.
 Kururin
12-19-2002, 12:03 PM
Originally posted by §ith Lord
Im pretty sure theres a way to change damage taken by a saber in SP. but maybe im wrong.

type this in g_saberRealisticCombat 999999999999999999

that is one hit your body gets slice in to pieces lol
 Darth Link
12-21-2002, 5:45 PM
wasnt ther a script file for every player npcs included?you just modified the script or whatever it was and changed dmg. if you cant change damage from a saber then just lower the npcs health :D.i dont know where this is...open the assets files with pacscape or some such thing
 AKPiggott
12-21-2002, 7:02 PM
This thread is still going?

Even if I could change the saber combat system I wouldn't. My general idea of making levels is to make something that fits with the resources of the game in a way where the player can take what he knows from playing the original game and play the level that way. There are two new guns in this level, but they are basically remodels of the Bryar Pistol and the Stormtrooper Rifle, which is fine by me. I'd much rather spend more time on making the actual level than ponce about tweaking little bits and pieces.

As for TCs, a complete waste of time and talent. I'd rather all editors were out for themselves and worked on their own individual projects.
 Lord Tnuc
12-22-2002, 7:53 AM
Speaking of changing the saber combat and whatnot...how would one go about making a small mod that will change the saber stances to each saber style? I'm not talking about elaborate combat changes..just how a person holds their lightsaber. I've seen this done in another mod a long time ago when I first got JKII, but I haven't been able to find it again. I posted a thread in the General Editing forum, so if anyone could answer that, it'd be cool.

OT: Do you have any screenshots of these guns, AK?
 lonepadawan
12-23-2002, 9:09 PM
 frendon
12-23-2002, 11:00 PM
LOL lonepadawan wtf is that?
 Darth Link
12-29-2002, 10:30 AM
looks like some bizzare JK1 spoof
 AKPiggott
12-30-2002, 2:03 AM
That's from "Wrath of TiTo", GoZ_SpaceBoy's JK1 SP level.

I got some more foggy shots here:

http://www.massassi.net/ec/images/9092.jpg)

http://www.massassi.net/ec/images/9093.jpg)

http://www.massassi.net/ec/images/9094.jpg)
 Matt-Liell
12-30-2002, 5:38 AM
Nice!:thumbsup:

I've come to appreciate the difficulty of making a map this good now that i myself have started mapping. It takes a great deal of skill, time and patience. Great work AKPiggott!
 boinga1
12-31-2002, 6:21 PM
yes, map-making is hard and borinng for me...good looking screens, real good.
 Yun the Sith
01-03-2003, 7:23 PM
Crap, just when I thought it couldn't get any better, it does. Sweet screens.
 boinga1
01-07-2003, 10:54 PM
Are there going to be any sniper guns here? After running through SP several times, I truly hate large dark open areas with rodian snipers.
 El Sitherino
01-07-2003, 11:07 PM
man i love this this is by far the coolest map ive seen.
 AKPiggott
01-08-2003, 10:05 AM
Originally posted by boinga1
Are there going to be any sniper guns here? After running through SP several times, I truly hate large dark open areas with rodian snipers.

Chucking loads of snipers in is just a lazy and crap way of making it challenging. So no, I'm not gonna be putting any of those in, you can be sure of that.
 wedge2211
01-08-2003, 10:51 AM
Well, one or two is a perfectly logical thing to do, but yeah, ns_streets just kind of gave loads of snipers the Ultimate Sniping Positions and made it bad.

I like how the levels themselves have a purplish tinge, to go with Mace. And I'm getting antsy, I wanna play it! Demo demo demo!
 Klorel
01-09-2003, 10:01 AM
hmm odd... I actually liked the snipers... (when I had my own sniper rifle of course -- or the weak gun, i'm really good at aiming with that and the snipers made for good precise drive-by practice with that). Felt kind of like enemy at the gates. What would be cool if there were just one or two maybe, and you could sneak up behind one of them while they are looking down for you, pull thier rifle away, kill them, then shoot the other one across the way. It doesn't have to be a lazy way to make it challenging if you aren't lazy about how you do it... hope that makes sense. Its also a good way to slow you down through a level, cause narshadaa streets wasn't very big, but the illusion was there because each sniper was a little mini task in itself, so you could make some parts of the level last a little longer and be a little more memorable with just 1 or 2 snipers, nothing excessive, just a little challenge.

just my 2 cents.

-Klorel
 wedge2211
01-09-2003, 11:37 AM
Sometimes they were fun, like in the hideout level where I could chuck det packs into their little holes or use force speed to run around the wall the snipers hid behind and slash them all before the first one even had a chance to react. :D

I really wish outcast would let you shoot while "leaning" (use+strafe) like EF did, it would have made dispatching the snipers much easier.
 El Sitherino
01-09-2003, 7:13 PM
what all kind of enemies will be in the map and like how many of each.(you can give like vague numbers) i would like to know so that i know what kinda challenge it will be. sorry if this seems to be distracting you from your work i dont want to i just would like to know the challenge level of this map.
 Lord Tnuc
01-16-2003, 3:22 PM
Er....bump.
Page: 2 of 10