Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Mace Windu: Party Crasher (SP)

Page: 4 of 10
 Kengo
02-26-2003, 5:30 PM
Originally posted by Aru-Wen
You should talk, Kengo. :p

You forget, I don't actually write any, I just get an army of monkeys with a LOT of typewritters to write mine. It takes a while, and a near endless supply of bannanas. Still, I think you'll agree it's worth it in the end.
 AKPiggott
02-27-2003, 4:52 PM
Originally posted by Katarn07
After this, will you be coming out with ToaM 3 for MotS?

Or maybe for JO...

I want to make another "oaM" (it'll be probably be a new series that takes place after ToaM2), but I'm not sure about JO with it's lack of good guns. I'll probably end up making a sequel or two for Party Crasher and go back to the "oaM"s with a future Star Wars FPS.
 Katarn07
02-27-2003, 4:54 PM
Thanks alot. And for some critism, I didn't like ToaM2 much, just the train... ToaM1 and BoaM SE are still on my hardrive though!
 AKPiggott
03-02-2003, 9:18 AM
ToaM2 was a lot better than ToaM1 I thought. I took my time more with it and it did bolder things than the original.

Here's a status update I wrote over at TACC:

Party Crasher is, in its current state passable as a finished level.

At the moment, I'm really just addng all sorts of atmospheric touch-ups to the level which are making a huge difference. I won't tell you any specifics, because it'll just add to the "woo" factor if you see / hear about it for the first time when you see it in the level.

I'm also planning on doing an alternate path bit at the end and adding an extra puzzle at the start, which is just a couple of days worth of work.

After that though, I've still got some outside resources to wait on so I can't really give an estimated release date. All I can say is "When It's.... err.. Finished".

Toonces is making a model for me, but I haven't heard from him in ages and he hasn't been replying to my e-mails. I've got lots of voices that I am waiting on as well as some skins and other little bits and pieces. Bottom line is, I can't release the level until I have all these outside resources. Fortunately, I'm going to polish the level up a bit more than I originally intended, seeing as I won't be able to release it as soon as I wanted to.
 Eldritch
03-02-2003, 9:26 AM
Well, I guess that qualifies as both good and bad news, eh AK?

I'm glad that you'll be able to further shine it up, but if you're waiting on Toonces for a model it might be a while - he's barely around here anymore (I think he went back to school again) due to real life issues. Have you tried PMing him as well as emailing?
 AKPiggott
03-03-2003, 5:08 AM
I don't tend to use PM, I had to disable it because I never got around to checking it reguarly. I assume he would be quicker to reply to e-mail than PM. Does he have ICQ?
 Prime
03-17-2003, 11:45 AM
Originally posted by AKPiggott

Toonces is making a model for me, but I haven't heard from him in ages and he hasn't been replying to my e-mails. I've got lots of voices that I am waiting on as well as some skins and other little bits and pieces. Bottom line is, I can't release the level until I have all these outside resources. Fortunately, I'm going to polish the level up a bit more than I originally intended, seeing as I won't be able to release it as soon as I wanted to.

How's it going with gather all the necessary components? Are you still waiting on people? Can't wait to give this a go. Keep up the great work!
 AKPiggott
03-18-2003, 6:37 PM
Apart from the closing cutscene... I've done everything on this level, I am just waiting on voices, models and skins...
 Chewie Bakker
03-19-2003, 6:56 AM
Nice looking maps there and a pretty cool skin of Mace Windu.

When's it coming out?

:gben: The Force will be with you, always.
 Hellfire Jedi
03-19-2003, 7:12 AM
Originally posted by T-Dogg
Lookin' real good... Haven't been visiting the forums very frequently for months now, but I'm glad I did now!
Hey now, now you dont go about double posting now. Nice to see you here now. Now I gotta go. Later now.
:bluflag2:
Funneh.
How is this map coming along?
 Higginson
03-25-2003, 4:55 PM
Originally posted by Hellfire Jedi
How is this map coming along?

Yeah AK, any updates for us?
 Eldritch
03-25-2003, 7:20 PM
Just 3 posts ago, AK told us this:

Apart from the closing cutscene... I've done everything on this level, I am just waiting on voices, models and skins...

It might help to read at least the recent posts...
 DarkLord60
03-25-2003, 7:34 PM
At least he isnt still working on level.
 JDKnite188
03-25-2003, 9:51 PM
Nope and I probably won't release anymore shots before the level gets released.

*tear goes down cheek*
 acdcfanbill
03-26-2003, 12:58 AM
that just means the level will be out soon, silly :p
 Anakin
03-26-2003, 4:19 AM
Yipee!!

:clap2: :redbounc:

I dont do smilies very often, but I think it deserves it :)
 Higginson
03-26-2003, 11:28 AM
It might help to read at least the recent posts...

Sorry!
 Eldritch
03-26-2003, 12:19 PM
Originally posted by Higginson
Sorry!

It's ok. I wasn't singling you out specifically, meant more as a general message since quite a number of people wander into threads and ask questions that have been answered...
 Higginson
03-26-2003, 3:18 PM
Ok Aru. I will never do it again. Honest!:p
 AKPiggott
03-26-2003, 5:17 PM
Originally posted by JDKnite188
*tear goes down cheek*

Well, I did release a trailer after saying that.

I don't want to release anymore because I think I've hyped this level up too much as it is.
 DarkLord60
03-26-2003, 5:24 PM
No you havent
 Higginson
03-26-2003, 5:26 PM
Well, I did release a trailer after saying that.

Good news AK, u send it in to jk2files.com?
 Kengo
03-26-2003, 8:15 PM
It's ok. I wasn't singling you out specifically, meant more as a general message since quite a number of people wander into threads and ask questions that have been answered...

(Whistles innocently....)
What? What did I do?

Where am I?

Oh right...I think the sense of anticipation and eagerness is down to everyone else not you over-hyping it AK. Hype is a bad thing generally, and I'm glad none of my levels have to struggle under such a difficulty (goes off and sulks....)
 boinga1
03-26-2003, 9:05 PM
Originally posted by DarkLord60
No you havent

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?threadid=95048) yes he did
 Kengo
03-26-2003, 9:14 PM
I think DarkLord60 meant Ak hadn't over-hyped it, not he hadn't released a trailer. I could be wrong about that, if so, Darklord, you have my permission to ignore this post.
 boinga1
03-27-2003, 9:34 PM
oh...OK.
 AKPiggott
03-28-2003, 10:04 AM
Originally posted by Higginson
Good news AK, u send it in to jk2files.com?

Yeah, but they haven't posted it yet. I didn't bother with JediKnightII.net because they seem to hardly ever update their files these days and Massassi is just out of the question because the site very rarely works at the moment.
 Prime
03-28-2003, 12:05 PM
Yeah, but they haven't posted it yet. I didn't bother with JediKnightII.net because they seem to hardly ever update their files these days and Massassi is just out of the question because the site very rarely works at the moment. I have been going to massassi.net and haven't had any problems of late. I've downloaded things from there with no problems either. So you might want to give them a second look. Also, will this level be posted at pcgamemods.com as well?

But in any case, it is great news that this level's release is almost here. And thanks for keeping us posted throughout its development. It really is appreciated :)
 Khier
03-28-2003, 7:31 PM
Ah it's been a while since I've checked in this thread, and I'm glad the level is basically complete, now all that is left is to get in touch with the outside resources and patience....
 AKPiggott
03-30-2003, 4:32 AM
Got my first beta report from one of my testers today.

He was very pleased with the level, but there's an annoying bug that I hoped I'd got rid of. His saber also turned out blue in-game, which is rather strange. I'll have to see what the other testers get.
 Prime
03-30-2003, 8:47 PM
Please keep us posted :)
 Emon
03-30-2003, 9:46 PM
By the way, AK, I noticed that you didn't do helpusobi 0 in your gamestart.cfg, or it doesn't work. Cheats are still enabled after I start the game.
 DarkLord60
03-30-2003, 10:16 PM
Well i cant wait but I guess waiting is part of the fun huh. :)
 AKPiggott
03-31-2003, 4:06 AM
Originally posted by Emon
By the way, AK, I noticed that you didn't do helpusobi 0 in your gamestart.cfg, or it doesn't work. Cheats are still enabled after I start the game.

Yeah I know. I use noclip a lot to test areas in the level and I couldn't be bothered to keep typing "helpusobi 1". I'll remove the cheat for the release.
 Hekx
03-31-2003, 4:33 AM
 .:Solusar:.
04-04-2003, 2:03 AM
WoW! :eek:
I have downloaded the trailer thingy and already i think its tight.. i can't wait for this thing to come out!.. omg so cool.. i wish you all good luck in this mod or single game watever it is..
 blah2k
04-15-2003, 2:39 PM
Any news on the release?
 Zappa_0
04-15-2003, 5:13 PM
Hey Anthony, the map is looking great, cant wait to play it. Ive emailed you but i havent got a reply. I was wondering if you could help Jedi-Outcast Movies with the Mace Windu voice you've done for ur map. Our site is: http://www.jedioutcastmovies.2ya.com)
 Emon
04-15-2003, 8:34 PM
The thing that's holding back the release date is a few external materials like new voices.

The main problem is performance. I have a mid-high end system, and it runs like crap in most parts. I know it has nothing to do with my machine because there are triangles drawn in places that they definatly shouldn't be, and the r_speeds kind of sucks.

We're working on fixing the problem.
 AKPiggott
04-19-2003, 5:44 AM
Emon, I e-mailed you a beta update about a week ago that resolves most of the performance problems. Judging by your reply here, I take it you haven't tried it yet. I think I sent it to your Yahoo! account.
 Zappa_0
04-19-2003, 10:23 PM
Anthony, i take it you didnt read above Emons post. I was wondering if you could help Jedi-Outcast Movies (http://www.jedioutcastmovies.2ya.com) out with Mace Windu's voice.
 Antizac
04-20-2003, 5:26 AM
Damn, Anthony...
You must do an awesome Samuel L. Jackson voice if "Jedi-Outcast Movies" wants you to voice Mace Windu... ;)
 AKPiggott
04-20-2003, 6:14 AM
Originally posted by Zappa_0
Anthony, i take it you didnt read above Emons post. I was wondering if you could help Jedi-Outcast Movies (http://www.jedioutcastmovies.2ya.com) out with Mace Windu's voice.

Sorry, but DAK is very very busy. I very rarely hear from him and I already have a huge waiting list for voices myself. This is one of the biggest factors in the level's delay.
 Zappa_0
04-20-2003, 9:51 AM
Well can you give me a way to contact him myself, if you dont mind?
 Antizac
04-20-2003, 1:19 PM
It's funny how nobody's figured this out, yet. =)

I sure hope DAK get's back from South Dakota soon, before he kills another one of your projects, Anthony.
 AKPiggott
04-23-2003, 9:26 AM

Wait a minute... that sounds familiar...

I think someone on TACC forums comes from there as well....
 Prime
04-23-2003, 3:18 PM
Just wondering what the current status is...
 Eldritch
04-23-2003, 4:12 PM
Originally posted by Prime
Just wondering what the current status is...

Originally posted by AKPiggot
Sorry, but DAK is very very busy. I very rarely hear from him and I already have a huge waiting list for voices myself. This is one of the biggest factors in the level's delay.

Orginally posted by Emon
The thing that's holding back the release date is a few external materials like new voices.
 Antizac
04-23-2003, 6:10 PM
Wait a minute... that sounds familiar...

I think someone on TACC forums comes from there as well....

Yeah, and also the fact that my name is Dan, might have something to do with it... =)

I still blame DAK for the death of ToaM 3!
 DarkLord60
04-24-2003, 9:30 PM
Anthony I would and I know Anakin would love it if you could send that guy over our way when your finished with him. Tell him to contact us at AOTCTC. We need a mace voice. Very very bad.
Page: 4 of 10