Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Brotherhood of Shadow: Solomon's Revenge

Page: 16 of 18
 Sith Holocron
10-02-2011, 2:28 AM
for some reason i cant talk to the rodian drix keliwt because he's not in the korriban cantina the only other mod i have on the the recruitable kay mod and i read this

NOTE: YES, this mod is compatible with the popular Brotherhood of Shadow Mod. Install my mod first, then install BoS for greatest possible compatibility. Please see the installation section below for a list of files that are necessary for Recruitable Kay to work. Anything else you can safely allow BoS to overwrite.

at here http://www.inyri.info/files/fileinfo/ktr-recruitablekay.php)

so does anyone know if this mod wont work with the newer Brotherhood of Shadow Solomon's Revenge?

Did you follow the instructions that I posted earlier that you just quoted? Was it not clear?
 Lordjedi
10-02-2011, 2:05 PM
for some reason i cant talk to the rodian drix keliwt because he's not in the korriban cantina the only other mod i have on the the recruitable kay mod and i read this

NOTE: YES, this mod is compatible with the popular Brotherhood of Shadow Mod. Install my mod first, then install BoS for greatest possible compatibility. Please see the installation section below for a list of files that are necessary for Recruitable Kay to work. Anything else you can safely allow BoS to overwrite.

at here http://www.inyri.info/files/fileinfo/ktr-recruitablekay.php)

so does anyone know if this mod wont work with the newer Brotherhood of Shadow Solomon's Revenge?

For some reason I also had the same problem, but I resolved it by using the default BoS save provided with the mod. I just change my character's appearance/skills/feats etc. in KSE.
 kirk1994
10-02-2011, 3:53 PM
Did you follow the instructions that I posted earlier that you just quoted? Was it not clear?

are u the one who wrote the installation instructions on that site? i read everything said about it on here and i dont remember a post with instructions from u on here it i might be wrong. is u are the one that wrote the installation instructions on that site then yes i did i used the TSLPatcher for the installation and other things are working with the mod like the skin for revan robes that comes with it
 Sith Holocron
10-02-2011, 6:39 PM
are u the one who wrote the installation instructions on that site? i read everything said about it on here and i dont remember a post with instructions from u on here it i might be wrong. is u are the one that wrote the installation instructions on that site then yes i did i used the TSLPatcher for the installation and other things are working with the mod like the skin for revan robes that comes with it

No, I only gave you the link to Inyri's site yesterday (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=199781) and you didn't acknowledge in YOUR post today that you attempted those instructions.

Well, not until you made that snotty remark. But that's a whole other story.
 kirk1994
10-02-2011, 7:17 PM
you never gave me a link to anything yesterday what are you talking about?

For some reason I also had the same problem, but I resolved it by using the default BoS save provided with the mod. I just change my character's appearance/skills/feats etc. in KSE.

how do i use KSE?

No, I only gave you the link to Inyri's site yesterday (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=199781) and you didn't acknowledge in YOUR post today that you attempted those instructions.

Well, not until you made that snotty remark. But that's a whole other story.

plus i never said anything snotty all i said was i might have been wrong and u might have said something before but i dont understand what u said about giving me a link when u never did my first post for this is on page 19
 CrimsonNutcase
10-10-2011, 3:29 PM
Hi...i need some help with an error i am getting during instillation.

• Error: Unhandled exception: Cannot create file "C:\Program Files\LucasArts\SWKotOR\Override\m82bd_07a.mdx". The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process (0)

no idea how to fix it...as am dummy with this sort of stuff
 CptPriceless
10-10-2011, 6:29 PM
1.) Don't install BOS as you're installing game. *duh*
2.) Don't install mods simultaneously; install them one at a time.
 Mr.Mango
10-14-2011, 5:47 PM
I'm having a huge issue when installing, I have tsl patcher and when I run the BoSSR_1.0_install.exe it says ' Warning : Cannot find the INI file ' changes ini. ' with work instructions! ' It also says ' Unable to load the instructions text! Make sure the ' tslpatchdata ' folder containing the ' info.rtf ' file is located in the same folder as this application. ' I really need help, can you offer any suggestions?
 Ole
10-19-2011, 8:28 PM
Hey, I just started a new game of KotOR and also decided to install BoS - great mod!

However, there's one really small thing that bothers me a little bit (tough not very much): The new items are missing their names as well as their descriptions. I guess that's due to the fact that I've got a german version of KotOR, not an english one, so I only wanted to ask wether there might be a workaround to solve this (if there's none, no harm done - I can still equip and use all the new stuff)?
 admiralthron
11-21-2011, 12:07 PM
This mod is great how ever an error o cured during the instillation duo to lack of disc space so i deleted old games i don't play so when i re installed the mod 43 error o cord manly about
"driveanimrun" encountered skipping entry witch now makes most charter's in the game literary messed up for instance master vrook has a twilek head and some sith people are robots but speak like normal people and republican officers are protocol droids how ever this gave me one advantage that i am invincible but most charter's a blank or cant bee seen for what ever reason went wrong .i have installed the mod 3 times and installed the patch 1.1 but i could not see anymore were i was going which helped me to skip the condensation with the droid that isn't visible not that all invisible characterful mainly robot causes the game to crash and some times visiting places causes game to crash like kashyyk or yavin 4 no that i am on the Orion and killed all of the shadow i have to to talk to that droid who is invisible so i cant com pleat the the task and i am stuck on that level

i have forgotten to make an emergency overdrive folder for kotorn 1 because i was very excited that i can finally play bos reveng .
 UltimateHK47
11-30-2011, 7:52 AM
im sad to say i never completed SR. I did Bos, and got up to the hidden bek base (is it?) reskin on korriban. I thenj got intrested in TJM 1.0 and i forgot about it. But the same thing happened with TJM. Eargh, i vow to complete BOTH mdos. Though what i saw and played of BOS was fantastic. And it will be remembered for a long time!
 SmilingRebel
12-25-2011, 2:45 PM
I've heard A LOT of good stuff about BOS:SR. Problem is, I can't play it. Download stops at about 15%, and it gets there only after some pause-and-continue's. Anyone interested in splitting it into smaller parts so I can finally play this? Pretty please?
 Bonedragon Jedi
01-04-2012, 11:05 PM
I seem to have run into a rather annoying bug (or more than one, i'm not sure). :confused:
It started on the Orion with the astromech droid that plays back the audio recordings. the recordings just skip through with no dialogue, so fast I cannot even read them. I tried several times to get the voices to play, but nothing worked. This bug popped up again on Korriban with the Corrupted Commoner's dialogue doing the same thing and since then, one small section of Shadow's dialogue and the rest of the dialogue for anyone connected with the mod outside of the Ebon Hawk's crew and Shadow has just been run through with no audio at all.

I'm not sure why this is acting this way or how to fix it. I decided to be safe and hid the bug description to avoid any potential spoilers.
 Bonedragon Jedi
01-28-2012, 6:43 PM
do you know if that particular megaupload link in your quote was posted anywhere else?
 Qui-Gon Glenn
01-30-2012, 11:45 AM
 Bonedragon Jedi
01-30-2012, 8:21 PM
do you know if that particular megaupload link in your quote was posted anywhere else?

I was meaning the link that Rinku had posted that was originally posted by Laar_Dha. original post here (http://64.20.36.211/showpost.php?p=2734158&postcount=641)

Megaupload has since become unavailable so I'm unable to find the link.

does anyone know where the link might elsewhere be found?
 Fair Strides 2
02-03-2012, 5:46 PM
I don't know when this will be read, but I have a problem. I'm right at the section of Solomon's revenge, where you, as Shadow, have to help Koboyashi and Daemon Drexl rebel the Republic boarding party. After the cutscene, after which you're teleported to the starboard section, the screen stays black. I tried reloading the autosave, and nothing. I tried quicksave and nothing. Any help, please?
 JoFlashStudios
02-09-2012, 6:06 PM
Do you have any other mods installed? I had the same problem, and I believe it came from some mod conflicts.
 Riven Fall
02-22-2012, 4:14 AM
Originally Posted by Bonedragon Jedi
I was meaning the link that Rinku had posted that was originally posted by Laar_Dha. original post here

Megaupload has since become unavailable so I'm unable to find the link.

does anyone know where the link might elsewhere be found?

Yeah i know link for it : http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filefront.com/file/Brotherhood_of_Shadow_Solomons_Revenge;99985)

:)
 SS4Revan
06-12-2012, 12:55 AM
I have an annoying glitch now, and im hoping people can ehlp me with this,
(Spoiler) I'm at the part where Revan wakes up in the Force cage with Mec'hanic and Kobiyashi, and the cages are teapots, can anyone help me with this glitch, cause it really just annoys the heck out of me

Sorry for mentioning the spoiler, I couldnt fine the spoiler option
 Christos K
06-16-2012, 12:27 AM
I remember having a few annoying glitches like that too when I played. I'm guessing it has something to do when the appearance.2da is being edited.
 starwarzchick112
09-09-2012, 3:14 PM
How do you install this thing?
 LDR
09-09-2012, 3:26 PM
Simple. Go into TSLPatcher and hit "Install". :lol:
 starwarzchick112
09-09-2012, 4:45 PM
What's TSLPatcher?
 rev1011
09-09-2012, 5:42 PM
What's TSLPatcher?

It is a program that most mods come with in the rar/winzip folder that allows all files to be automatically added to the right folders without you having to do it yourself, and mainly because it also edits the .2da files and any other files that might require the patchers help.

Once you have a mod that has a TSL patcher, read the "Read me" notepad file, check if any instructions require certain files be placed somewhere before or after the patch is used, and then run the TSLPatcher when ready. Then when (or if) prompted, locate your kotor folder that contains your star wars game.
(eg. Computer > Local Disc (c: ) > Program files > Lucas arts folder > Knights of the old republic), then after you select that, press okay/install and it will install the mod itself, but check for any errors in-case something is incompatible after the patcher has run.

Easily done in 4 steps. :)
1. http://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh147/DavidBking/1kot.png)
2. http://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh147/DavidBking/2kot.png)
3. http://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh147/DavidBking/3kot.png)
4. http://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh147/DavidBking/4kot.png)
------------------------------------------------------------------------

*Back on topic*. Personally I enjoyed this mod when I tried it out, but for some reason, when I would get to the part where you are about to battle mandalore, instead I would just be on his ship standing there, but no one else was in the small room with me and the door would not open. Was sad to not be able to progress further.
 Twaggy
10-06-2012, 7:36 AM
Hi Silveredge I seem to have a problem, I hope you still read these.

I have a problem while on the orion as Shadow, after speaking to the capt and now on the way to repel rep forces, it doesn't load and stays black with sound effects going off. I removed by override folder and did a clean install of BOS: SR. I reload the game from the autosave and it starts to work, however when it finishes the cutscene and loads the game up. Shadow is missing, I can't move or change the position of the camera. I load the menu and she is completely missing, even her avatar is gone and a standard male is in her place on the lvl up screen.

I tried loading from an earlier point and I ended up in space O.O

Please help me
 H2O_dk
10-17-2012, 1:48 PM
Hi Silveredge I seem to have a problem, I hope you still read these.

I have a problem while on the orion as Shadow, after speaking to the capt and now on the way to repel rep forces, it doesn't load and stays black with sound effects going off. I removed by override folder and did a clean install of BOS: SR. I reload the game from the autosave and it starts to work, however when it finishes the cutscene and loads the game up. Shadow is missing, I can't move or change the position of the camera. I load the menu and she is completely missing, even her avatar is gone and a standard male is in her place on the lvl up screen.

I tried loading from an earlier point and I ended up in space O.O

Please help me

I had the same problem today, I fixed it by:

Saving before you talk to the captain
Rename the appearance.2da (in override) to appearance.2da.org
Copy the appearance.2da from the "2DAs & journal" folder in the bos_sr_1.0.rar to the "override" folder
Load
When in control of Shadow again:

Save
Rename the appearance.2da (in override) to appearance.2da.bos
Rename the appearance.2da.org (in override) to appearance.2da
Load
 Christos K
12-31-2012, 5:11 PM
Having a problem here...

I am at the part where Shadow tells you the story of how Revan and Malak found the first Star Map on Dantooine. It then loads and I play through it normally... Once I get to the end where Revan tells Malak "Do not falter this is the beginning of a longer journey" or something like that it starts to load something else but crashes.

I tried reinstalling the mod and it still does the same thing. I haven't a clue why its doing this. It does this each and every time.
 .:Lord Revan:.
02-12-2013, 9:04 PM
Okay um.....can i by chance get the republic spec ops armor and mask that are in the mod??
 LDR
02-12-2013, 10:15 PM
I just replace the soldier clothing with the Republic Commando texture. :)
 .:Lord Revan:.
02-13-2013, 1:17 PM
Yeah um....um.....one more time o.O
 Golbolco
03-04-2013, 8:38 AM
Could someone release a download link for all the patched modules? I need them in order to run the mod on my mac.
 Zhaboka
03-09-2013, 4:05 PM
Does anyone know what module comes after bos_msp3.mod in the sequence of the Shadow's Mandalorian Wars flashbacks? That module is constantly crashing on me, so I just wanna warp past it.

The contents of that module are:

The Shadow, Revan, and Malak storming Mandalore the Ultimate's flagship, specifically the Bridge.
 LDR
03-09-2013, 10:33 PM
It's bos_bridge. If you want to skip that, then warp back to bos_tunnels.
 Zhaboka
03-09-2013, 10:36 PM
Perfect. Thank you!
 theryan114
04-13-2013, 7:27 PM
whenever i start KOTOR with the BOS save and i go to what i assume is the mod planet, it looks like just a white block with no name and it doesnt pop up on the galactic map i go there and i head out of the ebon hawk and nothing is there its just black, someone tell me whats going on????:mad:
 LDR
04-16-2013, 8:37 PM
Silveredge had the Sleheyron Demo installed on his game when he made that save, I believe.
 ActionHank
04-23-2013, 10:52 AM
I'm experiencing a crash bug at Czerka Mining Tunnel. The rock-bridge cutscene while the PC asks Shadow why she is hesitating is when it happens. Please assist. I have patched the mod to 1.1
 Xerotos
04-30-2013, 6:41 AM
I tried to download this mod but i can't from gamefront.com told me that can't find web page and i can't download it...
 Sith Holocron
04-30-2013, 7:05 AM
I tried to download this mod but i can't from gamefront.com told me that can't find web page and i can't download it...

Check this post (http://deadlystream.com/forum/topic/966-the-key-places-for-kotor-modding/#entry10260) to see if your country is on the list. If it is, you won't be able to get your files from Gamefront.
 cidrev
06-01-2013, 5:11 PM
I apologize if I missed it, but when I hit Korriban, nobody has working audio dialog.... it all just skips through at light speed. I have not revisited it yet, nor have I seen if this is a known issue. This is on a fresh install of K1, with only a featgain.2da and forcepowergain.2da added... no other mods beyond BOSSR.
EDIT: Engine bug. Not the first time I have seen it.... shutdown and restart of game fixed it. Looking forward to getting to the good stuff!

I have this same problem with skipped dialogue and audio. I have no other mods installed and this is a brand new installation of KOTOR1. I've tried restarted the game, as well as starting the mod quests on a new save, but nothing seems to work. Is there a fix for this?
 Huggins777
11-28-2013, 10:40 PM
I know its been months, but there really should be a Compatibility list with other mods, mainly any of the big ones. If it more than likely isn't compatible with other mods it would be nice to have been noted. I'm mainly looking at: Kotor Ultimate gameplay rebalance, kotor longsabers(not a big deal), Armour inventory icon overhaul(not a big deal), Kotor Tabletop D20 conversion mod.

If i use TSL patcher with this will that help alleviate any compatibility issues? I've never played kotor with mods as the original is pretty good. But i've beaten it many many times since its release and after playing TSLRCM, i was curious what was out there for the first game.

Obviously Brotherhood is my main mod, but if i could include the balance mod and D20 skill/attribute conversion mod, it would truly be a great new experience compared to just an added story arc. Thanks to any and all help on this :)
 Fair Strides 2
12-02-2013, 3:04 AM
I know its been months, but there really should be a Compatibility list with other mods, mainly any of the big ones. If it more than likely isn't compatible with other mods it would be nice to have been noted. I'm mainly looking at: Kotor Ultimate gameplay rebalance, kotor longsabers(not a big deal), Armour inventory icon overhaul(not a big deal), Kotor Tabletop D20 conversion mod.

If i use TSL patcher with this will that help alleviate any compatibility issues? I've never played kotor with mods as the original is pretty good. But i've beaten it many many times since its release and after playing TSLRCM, i was curious what was out there for the first game.

Obviously Brotherhood is my main mod, but if i could include the balance mod and D20 skill/attribute conversion mod, it would truly be a great new experience compared to just an added story arc. Thanks to any and all help on this :)

Firstly, welcome to the forums!

Second, those mods should be compatible. The only ones that wouldn't be compatible would be if they made changes to the Brotherhood mod itself, like changing the story or areas. The mod was made to be outside of the main storling, so it doesn't include anything that could be modded to endanger it.
 UnifyingForce
01-08-2014, 5:59 PM
So, I recently installed this to a clean install of KoTOR, so I have no other mods. I am not far enough along in the main quest to begin the mod, so i decided to try out the provided save to make sure it works. On the galaxy map there is just this white square instead of a planet, which i assumed to be the correct one. However, when I try to leave the ebon hawk, i get the party selection screen and then when i go to continue, I am still in the ebon hawk and am able to walk around, but the screen is black, so i cannot see anything. I can walk back out the door and get the party screen, but the same thing happens. I am not sure why this is happening.
 Fair Strides 2
01-08-2014, 6:26 PM
So, I recently installed this to a clean install of KoTOR, so I have no other mods. I am not far enough along in the main quest to begin the mod, so i decided to try out the provided save to make sure it works. On the galaxy map there is just this white square instead of a planet, which i assumed to be the correct one. However, when I try to leave the ebon hawk, i get the party selection screen and then when i go to continue, I am still in the ebon hawk and am able to walk around, but the screen is black, so i cannot see anything. I can walk back out the door and get the party screen, but the same thing happens. I am not sure why this is happening.

The white square, if I recall, is the Ord Mandell(or was it Mantell) planet mod. S9 had it installed for the save...
 UnifyingForce
01-08-2014, 7:18 PM
The white square, if I recall, is the Ord Mandell(or was it Mantell) planet mod. S9 had it installed for the save...

ah, thanks. looks like i simply didn't pay close enough attention to the readme. i just have to go to korriban.
 kingjello
03-03-2014, 4:46 PM
I dont know if this forum is still beeing read but I have th problem of seeing a blank mission after talking to the rodian on korriban, I am pretty sure that I have no mods installed that override this mod, to be sure I even put back an old back up from the override and module folder I had when I backed up steam, and even on that one its still blank. what can I do? Also on a side note with the older override and module folder I can see the name of the mission, a favor for a rodian but there is no text in it. It is something but still a problem. please help
 Christos K
03-03-2014, 5:09 PM
the global.jrl file installed incorrectly.
 kingjello
03-03-2014, 5:11 PM
the global.jrl file installed incorrectly.

Then what is the best solution for this problem if I may ask? should I rerun the TSL patcher for this mod?
Just like to add that rerunning the mod plus manualy adding the global file hasnt worked for either my own save or the one provided. please what can i do
 rpmfla
03-09-2014, 10:58 PM
I finished this mod. How do I get back to the main game? I can't seem to get back to the main game. Please help.
Page: 16 of 18