Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Brotherhood of Shadow: Solomon's Revenge

Page: 17 of 18
 Col_Zechs
03-28-2014, 8:03 AM
What mods, weapon skins, force powers, robes/armors, etc are compatible with Brotherhood of Shadow: Solomon's Revenge and what order should install them?
 Wolvessong Heathin
05-01-2014, 7:31 PM
Hey guys I just finally bought KOTOR on steam and downloaded it. I've never played the mod nor the game on the pc either, however i played the heck out of it on the xbox. I installed the mod including the patch successfully, however every time i try to play the mod it crashes at the very beginning of the BOS mod.

I manage to talk to the bith in the cantina and i manage to go through the small cutscene before the rodian comes in and talks to me and then tells me to go see the cap'n, and Im able to walk around on the Orion. I walk through and down the hall and then turn left and walk a couple more feet and then a conversation sequence with droid beeping comes up without me pressing on any of the droids and then it crashes to my desktop.

I really want to play the mod but i have no clue whats wrong as this is the only mod i have installed.

Maybe its due to my os being Windows 8 but i doubt it though.

So after looking through the thread forwards and backwards once each time very meticulously and found that another guy in the thread had the same problem as me and It Was Never Answered. Which leads me to believe that a. it was overlooked by everyone. or b. its only happening to the two of us. either way its a bug that not only breaks the mod it also prevents us from progressing any further into the story which considering the other guy didn't post anything else in this thread means he probably gave up and moved on to another mod or game. Please help me your my only hope.
 Wolvessong Heathin
05-02-2014, 2:31 PM
did you install in on steam?
 Silveredge9
06-19-2014, 11:03 AM
I've decided to release the unfinished scripts to a BoS sequel comic series I was working on a number of years ago. It was going to be entitled "Brotherhood of Shadow:Legacy of Sin" and would continue the story of the Orion beyond Solomon's Revenge and into the years inbetween K1 and 2. It was a pretty fun project, but there were some pretty big technical challenges in creating the comics themselves which I could never fully solve and so I eventually lost interest.

If anybody is curious, here they are:

Act 1 (http://www.lukeharrison.net/misc/bos_act1.pdf)
Act 2 (http://www.lukeharrison.net/misc/bos_act2.pdf)
Act 3 (Unfinished) (http://www.lukeharrison.net/misc/bos_act3.pdf)
 Wedge Suron
06-19-2014, 11:05 AM
that sounds really cool. I will read them sometime.
 Super Saiyan 4 Revan
06-19-2014, 3:44 PM
I'm having an issue where I talk with the Bith on Tatooine, and the movie plays. Then the beginning cutscene doesn't even play, it just goes straight to the orion and my character is just standing there
 Super Saiyan 4 Revan
06-20-2014, 7:03 PM
Nevermind, I fixed it.
 sullyvanj93
06-24-2014, 6:59 PM
absolutely fantastic work. like others, I have only ever played on the console before but bought the game through the steam summer sale, therefore I am new to modding these games.

Your mod was one of the first I tried and i'd have to give it a 8.5/10. Fantastic characters, great story, mostly lore friendly. The main character (whichever name you would like to use for her) reminded me so much of Mara Jade, one of my favorite characters in the Star Wars Universe.

I noticed in some parts, you hinted around what Kreia said, with Revan only becoming the dark lord to prevent a greater equal (a theory which I absolutely support). I was kind of bummed, however, that through dialogue, this wasn't always the case. Sometimes, I had no choice but to support the claim that Revan was pure evil as the dark lord.

Anyway, I must applaud you. You did an absolutely fantastic job putting this together, and I saw no more bugs than I would through the base game.

If I had anything negative to say, it would be how tedious it got after a while. Although the story was exciting and fun, every battle was extremely long and seemed like it was a boss battle that should have ended everything. I enjoyed the play-through, but doubt I will ever repeat it due to the lengthiness and repetition, something that I couldn't never fault about the base game.

Even still, thanks for the experience, and thank you so much for keeping it mostly lore friendly! I doubt I'll ever find a better KOTOR mod.
 Darth Eclipse
07-24-2014, 1:04 PM
Really, really enjoyed playing through this mod. I have two questions, though:

1. Is there a way to get back to the Ebon Hawk after finishing the mod?

2. In the area with Solomon's grave, I found a skeleton with a "Non-Canon Key" on it. What does this key do?
 TheIrishHoplite
08-01-2014, 6:58 PM
Having trouble with the screen fading to black after part of the mod and not being able to do anything. I understand that this is a fairly common problem and I tried the usual solution of an install with a clean override but it didn't help. Anyone have any ideas? I'd love to finish this amazing mod.
 pitchblue
08-03-2014, 11:34 AM
Hey,can anyone help me? I'm stuck at the residential level.I used the terminal at the medical room answered all the questions successfully.after doing some reading and watching playthroughs,I understand that at the moment you go out of the room you are supposed to see a czerka worker running around leaving you a bag with the manager keycard.problem is that for me he didn't leave any bag I searched the whole level and found nothing :3 also i'm using quick save(which I have to say I kind of regret about that now),so I just can't load back and do it again... can any one help me?is there a cheat or something to open the doors I need?I played it too long to quit now just because of an annoying bug :< !!
 Col_Zechs
08-03-2014, 11:36 AM
What Kotor 1 and skins mods are safe to install with Brotherhood of Shadow: Solomon's Revenge Mod?
 Sith Holocron
08-06-2014, 12:11 AM
What Kotor 1 and skins mods are safe to install with Brotherhood of Shadow: Solomon's Revenge Mod?

For you in particular? Probably none. ;)
 TheIrishHoplite
08-07-2014, 7:04 PM
So if there's no fix can someone tell me what the next module after Shadow chases and fights Solomon after he kills Kobayashi so I can warp past this glitch?
 Vanstorm
08-08-2014, 2:55 PM
I'm having trouble after installing this mod as it crashes everytime as I try to enter the Ebony Hawk and a few of my saves won't load either. I have a few other mods installed including Yavin 4. Can anyone help please? I will pm the mods I currently have installed.
 khtabs1317
10-29-2014, 10:15 AM
I manually installed the mod as instructed and when i try to play kotor i just get a message that says the game stopped working and it closes the game. What did i do wrong?
 MrNico
10-30-2014, 10:25 AM
Hello Community,

I am currently playing the mod "Solomon's Revenge" for Knights of the old Republic, which is pretty cool as the majority of you will already know.

I have the following problem:

-----Spoiler-----

I am at the scene where you play Shadow/Mattilda on the Orion. I spoke with the captain and after this conversation there usually starts a cutscene where the republic invades the ship. My problem is that there is a black screen while the game is still running. I hear all the blaster sounds and I am also able to see the mouse cursor. My only way to close the game is via the windows button.

I think I could just forget this level. So I would need a command to progress to the next level or will this force bugs for the storyline?

What's also weird is that some minor problems are within the mod, for example the clothes of Revan doesn't appear and my char got a simple outfit instead. Holo-Transmissions aren't that blue, they are coloured in real.

But the second problem isn't that important.

Could you help me?

Thanks for reading and excuse my relatively bad english.

Greetings

Nico
 LiliArch
11-17-2014, 7:56 AM
Just for the record - I believe I have fixed the "no fade-in at bos_orion2" bug.
 Fair Strides 2
12-02-2014, 9:08 PM
Just for the record - I believe I have fixed the "no fade-in at bos_orion2" bug.

Me and LDR are working on an S9-approved patch for BoS:SR if you want to contribute.:)
 Fluffycookie
12-05-2014, 4:55 PM
Hi!
I played KOTOR a couple of years ago and now I decided to play it again using this mod because I heard its amazing. I tried installing it and according to TSL patcher everything installed properly, but the mod doesnt work at all. I went to Korriban, tried to activate quests, but it just doesnt work. I used a Vista patch in order to make the game work on Win 7.
Can someone tell me how I could make it work? Thanks in advance
 Christos K
12-06-2014, 4:13 PM
The mod starts after the Leviathan. Go to the Cantina on Tattooine and there will be a new Bith character to talk to.
 ntblood
12-10-2014, 3:34 PM
I'm getting frequent but seemingly random crashes during gameplay running KotOR on Win 8. The time I checked the error was: StackHash_39cd faulty module. I've tried disabling anti-aliasing and V-sync but it didn't help.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks
 ATRAYA
01-01-2015, 11:14 PM
GAME BREAKING bug: early game spoilers: I'm aboard Revan's ship in the first flashback, and General Derred has just walked in, after Malak finishes his speech. A Dark Jedi walks up to him, as if to talk, but instead the cam just goes to me and I am able to walk around, as is normal gameplay. However, I am unable to talk to anyone, and cannot progress past this part. I have tried to talk to every single person the ship, and nothing happens. http://s24.postimg.org/btpj1ois5/swkotor_2015_01_01_19_49_04_48.jpg)

The only dialogue I've seen in this module thus far is Malak's speech. Me trying to talk to General Derred does nothing (also my mask and hood are clipping badly, that's not too much of an issue). http://s7.postimg.org/wf2k4pd3v/swkotor_2015_01_01_19_49_18_62.jpg)

If I head further down, I see two Sith Soldiers standing at a door. If I open the door, Bastilla and her strike team are waiting. One Jedi will attack the Sith Soldier and disappear. The others stand and do nothing. Also the door behind Bastilla just leads to the vacuum of space. http://s24.postimg.org/5me51in11/swkotor_2015_01_01_19_49_36_63.jpg)

JEDIS IN SPAAAAACCCCE! http://s17.postimg.org/8x1jgkefj/swkotor_2015_01_01_19_49_44_40.jpg)

To the right of the ramp leading here is the airlock, open to the vacuum of space, with some soldiers standing there, doing nothing. http://s10.postimg.org/v7sr0ue8p/swkotor_2015_01_01_19_49_56_84.jpg)

Darth Revan often ponders philosophy whilst standing in the freezing, airless emptiness of the universe. If a ship flies by in space, does it make a sound? No. No, it doesn't. http://s30.postimg.org/araxr66ht/swkotor_2015_01_01_19_50_13_14.jpg)

And then if you continue out the airlock to the other side of the ship, you get this room, with two doors leading to blackness. http://s1.postimg.org/lrn22sgbz/swkotor_2015_01_01_19_50_31_05.jpg)

Again, I cannot speak to ANYONE, nor continue further. I am using a fresh override and install, with no other mods. There were no errors upon installation with TSL Patcher. I have tried reloading with both the autosave and an even earlier save, I still get the same bug. I would really like to continue this mod, because it's awesome so far, and I want to find out what happens. Please help me! Thanks.

Oh, and I am also GREATLY upset that the female Twilek to my right in the first picture is called "CPU Guy". Dat's sexist, man.
 Tjumi
01-09-2015, 6:01 PM
Hello, i dont really know how many who replies to these anymore but i'm giving it a shot!

The mod worked fine until i get to the Citizen quarters on Korriban. When i got to the door that leads to the mining facility, i saw there was a security open feature, so i did and the door opened and now i cant get to the facility. Now after looking more into it, i know that i should not security open the door but instead just click it and the loading screen should pop up.

So the question is: Do anyone know how to repair it? If not how do i restart the mod?:confused:
 Fair Strides 2
01-09-2015, 6:05 PM
Hello, i dont really know how many who replies to these anymore but i'm giving it a shot!
The mod worked fine until i get to the Citizen quarters on Korriban. When i got to the door that leads to the mining facility, i saw there was a security open feature, so i did and the door opened and now i cant get to the facility. Now after looking more into it, i know that i should not security open the door but instead just click it and the loading screen should pop up. So the question is do anyone know how to repair it? If not how do i restart the mod?:confused:

If you have an older nearby save or autosave, you could load that.

Alternatively, I can give you my email address and you can mail me your save for me to look at and try to fix.
 Tjumi
01-09-2015, 7:26 PM
If you have an older nearby save or autosave, you could load that.

Alternatively, I can give you my email address and you can mail me your save for me to look at and try to fix.

Ok i'll email you, what is your mail? is it on your forums?
 Sith Holocron
01-10-2015, 7:13 AM
Tjumi, I suggest exchanging email addresses via Private Messages due to presence of spammers.
 Tjumi
01-10-2015, 11:18 AM
I give credit to Fair Strides 2 for helping out, Thanks!:D
 Fair Strides 2
01-10-2015, 11:32 AM
I give credit to Fair Strides 2 for helping out, Thanks!:D

For those wondering, I went into his SAVEGAME.sav, extracted the bos_circle.sav(his current module), extracted the m80aa.git from that, and then found the door using coordinates I had him get for me. Then I just set the door to be locked and closed with the Locked field being set to 1 and the DoorOpen/DoorAction field being set to 0.

Then I packaged the m80aa.git back into the bos_circle.sav, then packaged that back into the SAVEGAME.sav.
 1kon
02-01-2015, 10:25 PM
Hey I'm encountering a weird issue, I'm not sure if its a bug or not.

After you get trapped in the sith artifact (which seems a lot like the ratakan mind prison) and finish killing off the impersonations of the Dantoinne jedi masters something odd happens. The Brother of Shadow clones himself, and starts combat,but I die almost instantaneously. They surround me, and each of them take about 1.5-2 swings each and my health gets eaten extremely quickly. I'm not sure what's happening. I thought at first it must be the case that I'm missing something, i.e. that one of them must be an illusion, but no.... They're all real it seems. I tried watching the cutscene closely to see if any of the clones are distinct, but nope.

I tried to survive by mining the whole place during the fight with the jedi masters (i.e. kill all but one, then run around mining the place with frag/gas/etc.), but even that doesn't kill them. I tried spamming force storm, but nope... I don't exactly have CC on my PC so i can't stop them. I tried using KSE to hopefully added stasis field or something, but KSE brings up an error.

Am I missing something? Perhaps the Brother is scaled to my PC, and he's just too powerful to handle so many clones of him?
 Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll
02-08-2015, 12:43 PM
I appear to be stuck upon returning to the Ebon Hawk after finishing the Brotherhood of Shadow missions, and can't start the Black Robed Man mission properly.

Details in spoiler:

So Shadow and I entered the Ebon Hawk via Return To Ebon Hawk button, and then the cut-scene where the voice calls out Matilda happens. I control Shadow, try to chase down the ????? character, who runs off to the left and disappears. Then I'm stuck wandering around the Ebon Hawk, and there's voices calling out but nothing I can click on... What am I supposed to do next? The Black Robed Man mission hasn't popped up on the log. Re-loading to my save on Tatooine before I got on the ship didn't help.

Edit: Nevermind, figured it out, you had to run around a bit and then return to where you started.

Now however I'm returning to a flashback Orion, and the game keeps crashing partway through the cutscene/conversation when Drexl says something along the lines of "You're in for a wild fight". Also running WOTOR, a few texture mods for planets, and a different weapons reskin, but unless he's about to do something strange like take out a remodelled weapon or something, I can't see why any of those would cause a ctd.
 Christos K
02-09-2015, 11:04 PM
WotOR does affect quite a few characters. Which order did you install them all?
 Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll
02-10-2015, 9:44 AM
I believe I started with BoS:SR. Perhaps then a re-install of BoS:SR would override whatever issues there are?

Edit: It did indeed fix that problem, now he finishes saying that line, there's a fade to black and a loading screen, but then the game is doing that old black-screen but sound and button-noises problem, which I haven't had for ages. Going to try renaming my old Override folder and creating a new one to install into, hopefully that fixes the problem without messing everything else up. Can always switch to the original Override once the problem area passes, I hope.
 Darth Mona
02-23-2015, 3:01 PM
Does anyone have the steps required to get this installed on the Android version of this game?
 Rece
02-23-2015, 8:13 PM
I need a bit of help. My game crashes whenever I try to enter the czerka mining facility. The module is bos_czerka. Idk why it crashes there, I tried warping past the area, and everything past that area is perfectly fine. Idk why it's just that one area that my game crashes.

I'm on a Mac btw :) but I wouldn't see the difference if I made it this far.
 LiliArch
02-25-2015, 3:05 AM
Edit: It did indeed fix that problem, now he finishes saying that line, there's a fade to black and a loading screen, but then the game is doing that old black-screen but sound and button-noises problem, which I haven't had for ages.
That is a known issue. Try to load the auto-save (that is saved in entering that module), it usually allows you to continue. You may need to quit and relaunch the game, though.

I need a bit of help. My game crashes whenever I try to enter the czerka mining facility. The module is bos_czerka. Idk why it crashes there, I tried warping past the area, and everything past that area is perfectly fine. Idk why it's just that one area that my game crashes.

I'm on a Mac btw :) but I wouldn't see the difference if I made it this far.
Try to lower your graphics settings? Disable grass, for example? It sometimes helps in things like that... seriously, I have no idea. I've had no problems with that.
 Rece
02-25-2015, 7:15 PM
That is a known issue. Try to load the auto-save (that is saved in entering that module), it usually allows you to continue. You may need to quit and relaunch the game, though.

Try to lower your graphics settings? Disable grass, for example? It sometimes helps in things like that... seriously, I have no idea. I've had no problems with that.

Well, I guess that didn't work :/
 Talyn82
03-07-2015, 2:12 AM
Anyone got the latest build? I have 1.1
 Qui-Gon Glenn
03-07-2015, 8:15 PM
Anyone got the latest build? I have 1.1
That is the latest build.
 Talyn82
03-08-2015, 12:19 AM
That is the latest build.

Okay thank you. :)
 Rece
03-08-2015, 3:45 AM
Anyone know how to fix my crash?
 Qui-Gon Glenn
03-08-2015, 8:37 AM
Anyone know how to fix my crash?
I am assuming the issue is two-fold.

That is the entrance to a custom area. Brand new, made by a modder (Quanon is his name-o).

You are playing either on an emulator, or a port.

So, I am guessing that your problem is within this area. Custom model is also a problem for the iOS/Android crowd. Blame UNIX.
 Rece
03-08-2015, 3:08 PM
I am assuming the issue is two-fold.

That is the entrance to a custom area. Brand new, made by a modder (Quanon is his name-o).

You are playing either on an emulator, or a port.

So, I am guessing that your problem is within this area. Custom model is also a problem for the iOS/Android crowd. Blame UNIX.

I play on the Mac. I don't use an emulator or port. I play via Steam. Which is weird because I got through the whole BoS, but all of sudden just this one area with BoSSR crashes. I can go everywhere else in the mod except that area. I play on a Mac.
 lionheart82
03-09-2015, 4:56 AM
Hey guys, this is my first time posting in forums. I want to start KOTOR1 again after a long time and have a LOT of mods downloaded, separated into folders, categories etc.

Im not sure where else to post my q, so dont mind, feel free to redirect me to a proper post/forum/thread. But im posting here since BOSSR is such a major mod and have seen few similar posts here, though not all were answered.

Ill give detailed list of my mods, screenshots and even quotes from various posts, sites i found on in/compatibilities of mods, it could help many ppl here as well, so please bear with me. Or lion, preferably. :-P

I have managed to sort non-patcher mods into one folder, the ones that overwrite are either compatible, safe to ow or i prefer some files to ow others, thats mostly solved. The problem is w TSL patchers and which, when to install, taking BOSSR as main factor? Which to throw out, which are conflicting etc?

This is my ATM order and mods list, some i renamed so are not quite orriginal names:

!1 Override Non-patcher Mods
https://imgur.com/MwaRSc7,XKvNdQe,haJll6K)

!2 TSL patcher Mods
https://imgur.com/MwaRSc7,XKvNdQe,haJll6K#1)

!3 BOSSR+Patch

!4 TSL patcher Mods
https://imgur.com/MwaRSc7,XKvNdQe,haJll6K#2)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
These are misc quotes that I used as guidelines.
OK - i did that
?? - not sure

I am certain that it has nothing to do with BoS: SR itself because no-one else is complaining about this. My question is:

Do any of the following mods have compatibility issues with BoS: SR that would cause this?

A Lost Sith on a Nameless World
- A Lost Sith in a Nameless World Fix
Canderous' Mandalorian Items
Drug Dealer (Removing because, upon retrospect, I don't really want drugs :P)
K1 Force Pack [v2.0]
Brotherhood of Shadow Launcher
Korriban Academy Workbench (Removing this because I am also having issues with workbenches in the game, i.e., I try to use them, and nothing happens; even if this is not the culprit, such an issue makes this mod redundant until I can figure out what the deal is)
Bastila Romance Enhancement (Removing because, upon retrospect, I don't really care to see my character engage in an hour-long kiss with Bastila :P)
Hide the Weapons (Removing because it uses the animations.2da file, which I suspect, though am not entirely sure, not being a modder, to be a culprit in my current predicament; also, the mod causes weapons to disappear while characters engage in dialogue, which can be awkward when two characters are fighting and conversing at the same time)
I Want to be a Jedi!
Juhani Improved
Malak Improved
Music Enhancement for K1
Trewin (Removing because, upon retrospect, I don't really care about this guy's name)
Turn T3-M4 into a Workbench (Removing this due to compatibility issues with the K1 Force Pack)
Ajunta Pall Unique Appearance [v1.1]
Darth Bandon Head Reskin
Female Mandalorians (Removing this because I suspect that it might be the culprit for obvious reasons)
Green Grass for Dantooine [v2.0]
K1 Movie-Style Hilts
More Green Mod [v1.0]
New Belaya (Removing because, upon retrospect, I don't really care about Belaya because she is a bitch :P)
PFHC01 Female Head Reskin [v1.1] (Removing because I care about canon and probably will never play this as a female because there are no wimmenz in Star Wars :P)
PMHA03 Head Reskin (Removing because I never use any Asian heads because I still blame them for Pearl Harbor :P)
Taris Reskin (Removing the Dantooine Estates and Sith Base portions of this because I kinda just like the originals better; also, there are apparently two files within the mod that conflict with each other)
Bastila Extra Dialogue
Bastila on Korriban
Black Vulkar Base Restoration [v1.1]
Enhanced Shadowlands Restoration
Garrum and Taree'lok Restoration [v1.1] (Removing because, upon retrospect, I don't really care about these two)
Sharina Fizark Restoration [v1.1] (Removing because, upon retrospect, I don't really care about this character)
Taris Lower City Restoration
Taris Undercity and Gamorrean Stronghold Restoration
Uthar and Yuthura Restored Academy Uniforms

Before anyone says anything, yes, I do realise that this is a lot of mods. However, most of these are reskins, and I made sure not to use any otherwise that would require use of the 2da Merger, or other such tool (not that I dislike that tool; it's just that, if you have to use it, you're more than likely heading into trouble). Also, for the record, I have been making sure to install the non-TSLPatcher mods first.

I am going to reinstall the game with the twelve specified mods removed, and also re-download BoS: SR in case I somehow screwed up in the extraction or something. In the meantime, if anyone has any suggestions, it would be much appreciated.

- I would recommend one more thing... an addendum to DK's instructions.
Install the non-patcher mods first, noting which ones have compatible .2da's. You want to install mods in this order.
1. Non-Patcher mods that contain no .2da's
2. Non-Patcher mods that have built-in .2da compatibility (by the author) with other mods - the readme will tell you
which .2da has the most compatibility friendliness
3. Patcher mods that are not explicitly recommended to go later/last in a mod install process (most patcher mods)
OK 4. Patcher mods with specific instructions - ie. Inyri's Kay

This omits mods that are not made to play well with others. Those are at your own risk only, as you will have to
manually edit .2da files, use stoffe's JRLMerger for the global jrl, and edit any scripting calls that are pointing at a
wrong location in your .2da's. For these reasons, in K1 mods, I recommend installing RedHawke's mods of choice first
(because their olde, non-patcher (mostly) and excellent), then follow the above steps.

OK - There's a simple rule that pretty much ensures, that the mods you install will all work
together: Don't overwrite ANY files!
OK - So, install the mods that do not use TSLPatcher first and also always check the log of the
Patcher for warnings about files, that already exist (it usually skips them, witch means that
the mod most probably won't work).

?? - BOSSR is the largest so it's probably best to install that first. because of the sheer size of this mod, you are bound to run into problems if you install the mod over mods already installed.
OK - the modifications which have appearance.2da and don't have the TSL patcher will have to be installed manually, (basically it is like a big excel spreadsheet and you will need to change individual row entries).
Though I'm surprised nobody ever discovered the easter egg I mentioned in past posts. If I remember correctly there was a gizka in the Czerka Compound which you could release from its cage. The easter egg is activated when you go near the Gizka and activate the detonator found in the Administrator side quest. Have fun!

OK - the only other mod i have on the the recruitable kay mod and i read this
NOTE: YES, this mod is compatible with the popular Brotherhood of Shadow Mod. Install my mod first, then install BoS for greatest possible compatibility. Please see the installation section below for a list of files that are necessary for Recruitable Kay to work. Anything else you can safely allow BoS to overwrite.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intress View Post
The second problem I had was after finishing the mod and attempting to leave the Czerka Mining Facility, the game exited to the main menu when I tried entering Dreshdae. Any attempt to enter into it from the Civilian Quarters, warping to the Ebon Hawk and exiting the ship, or warping anywhere on Korriban quit the game to the menu and lock up the controls. It only happened on one save that I've since deleted, but I'd prefer it to not happen again and haven't progressed that far into the mod again yet. I had to make sure I finished Korriban before I attempted the mod again, and now these randomly switched models are worrying me.
Not sure about this one... played the mod through several times and not encountered it. What other mods do you have installed? Do you happen to have Agent Xim's Korriban Caves or RedHawke's Ord Mantell installed? Those will have conflicting scripts with BoS:SR. There are workarounds, we can work that out after you correctly install the mods. I would recommend not warping around that much when there are so many triggers you can break.... Korriban is loaded with stuff going on, so warping around before certain booleans have been set or triggers plucked will b*tchslap your game.

OK - BOS should be first (bf Kay) and it IS compatible with Recruitable Kay. (I have read iirc in the authors info this, but have also read that Kay should be AFTER BOSSR, since it will be ok to have some files skipped, jrl ones.)
OK - K2 What is installed first? If I remember correctly it went:
Ultimate Saber Mod, followed by the Ultimate Saber Mod Update. After that came the
Hollowan Plug-In plus its patch. I believe you install Ultimate Saber Mod and then all of USM's updates and then the plug-in and all of its
updates.
OK - Ultimate Sound Mod then BOSSR then Recruitable Kay (NOTE: Three files are set to overwrite in the case that you have these files in your override folder already, as they are necessary for the plotline to progress. These three files are bastila.dlg, man26_sitharg.dlg and tat17_darkjedi01.dlg)

OK - RedHawke: Also note that I have been told that the Korriban Crystal Cave 1.1 by AgentXim is incompatible with my ORD Mandell mod. Something to do with the scripts in that mod conflicting with mine.
Darth InSidious: The Korriban Crystal Cave v1.1 fixes that issue, and is available from Agent Xim's site.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

**CONFLICTS**
There were many more which i just solved by removing less desired mods to unused mods folder

SABER&MELEE WEAPON SOUND MOD VS ULTIMATE SOUND MOD - put them on behind the other by the order i prefer them to be installed, ie i preffer saber mod after bc of the sounds.
cb_ls_humgood.wav
cb_ls_powerdown.wav
cb_ls_powerup.wav
cb_ls_swinglong1.wav
cb_ls_swinglong2.wav
cb_ls_swinglong3.wav
cb_ls_swingshrt1.wav
cb_ls_swingshrt2.wav
cb_ls_swingshrt3.wav
cb_ls_twirl1.wav
cb_ls_twirl2.wav

TATOOINE JOB OFFICE VS BOSSR - read somewhere to put Tatooine bf the BOSSR
k_ptat17af_enter.ncs
k_ptat18ac_enter.ncs

MD RH RODIAN ELDER MERCHANT1 VS TATOOINE JOB OFFICE VS BOSSR - dont care about lip sync here if i can have merchant
n_grodian_comm1.lip
n_grodian_comm2.lip
n_grodian_quel.lip

Jabbas Palace VS Tatooine JO - is this ok?
k_ptat17ab_enter.ncs

K1 Restoration VS Recruit Kay - as stated in Kay info, there are only 3 important files to watch so i left it as it is. BUT Kay installer also skips global.jrl. Is this important for Kay mod to be playable or not?
22aa_zaalb01_01.dlg
dan14_cutscene.dlg
etc

So i can also remove Tatooine JO to solve these issues? Edit Done it.

Concept question, what does BOSSR mod do to TSL mods installed before it, does it append them or overwrite or skip? Same for TSL mods after BOSSR how do they behave? If i know that i could know which ones to put before and after.

Ive just noticed that Kay is passive mod, skipping already exsisting files, while BOSSR is aggressive, ow or appending them. So if there are mods that i put after BOSSR that are safe to be ow can you tell me which ones are they? I give advantage to BOSSR stability over having extra mods.

After installing all, several heads in the portrait screen in new PC creation dont have heads, but have profiles. that dont bother me as long as ingame chars are with heads on their shoulders. :-O

Could it have smtn to do w Male Head Pack mod, anyone? It had no errors or warnings in instal log. Its case w few others as well didnt write that down.

I used Everything search program to check incompatible and conflicting files.

Heres link to all instal logs by order:
https://app.box.com/s/qc4l0iqs31bc39m233phz3q1a8tkxq4x)
OR
https://www.mediafire.com/folder/fzkqgkqx741g8/SW_Kotor_Instal_logs_by_order)

Thats all, please help as much as you can. Thanks to all the modders for great mods and especialy s9! Cant wait to play your mod! :-)
 Qui-Gon Glenn
03-13-2015, 11:03 AM
I play on the Mac. I don't use an emulator or port. I play via Steam. Which is weird because I got through the whole BoS, but all of sudden just this one area with BoSSR crashes. I can go everywhere else in the mod except that area. I play on a Mac.

:(

Interestingly, I now have the same issue. So, we shall figure it out... I already tried lowering graphic settings (despite a sweet gaming rig), to no joy.

Do you by chance have RedHawke's ORD Mantell installed? My thought is that, as both mods use that area, that somehow those are conflicting. I am going to try and uninstall the scripts and models of his mod, and see if that fixes it.

Sorry about my unfamiliarity with Mac gaming.
 Rece
03-13-2015, 3:48 PM
:(

Interestingly, I now have the same issue. So, we shall figure it out... I already tried lowering graphic settings (despite a sweet gaming rig), to no joy.

Do you by chance have RedHawke's ORD Mantell installed? My thought is that, as both mods use that area, that somehow those are conflicting. I am going to try and uninstall the scripts and models of his mod, and see if that fixes it.

Sorry about my unfamiliarity with Mac gaming.

Hey, hank you for the reply! And don't worry about not being familiar with Mac gaming. :) idk why it isn't loading, and no I don't have ord mandell :/.
 Qui-Gon Glenn
03-14-2015, 1:54 PM
When I experience this crash, it is a straight CTD, with a message SWKOTOR has stopped working. I will recreate this crash and dig into the log.

So, Steam does the "emulation"? I wonder what Windows version they emulate... This may be a Windows 8 issue.
 Rece
03-14-2015, 2:12 PM
When I experience this crash, it is a straight CTD, with a message SWKOTOR has stopped working. I will recreate this crash and dig into the log.

So, Steam does the "emulation"? I wonder what Windows version they emulate... This may be a Windows 8 issue.

Nonono. Kotor 1 is already available with the Mac. It doesn't emulate anything :) Kotor 2 is somewhat emulated I guess because I play via a port.
 Qui-Gon Glenn
03-14-2015, 3:02 PM
Nonono. Kotor 1 is already available with the Mac. It doesn't emulate anything :) Kotor 2 is somewhat emulated I guess because I play via a port.

Ok. The plot sickens. So we have the same crash, different OS. I have finished this mod multiple times on XP and 7, but 8.1 no joy. I am using the KotOR Collection DVD.

I will have at least a crash log to add to this discussion in a few hours. Does OSx give you any details on the crash?
 Davrel Unleashed
04-11-2015, 10:23 PM
The only problem I've had with is when I'm in the Hutt's office and he opens the doors for the droids to come in, but they don't and the door slams shut trapping me inside.
Page: 17 of 18