Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Brotherhood of Shadow - Expansion Pack

Page: 4 of 10
 kash
10-10-2007, 7:54 PM
I can get bastilas mother to show up but i get to the cave theres no bag with the holocron in it is there a way to fix this.
 Lance Monance
10-11-2007, 4:10 AM
This is a truly brilliant mod. Best Kotor mod there is.

I experienced a few problems though, first of all, the npc in Korriban that starts the quest is a female untextured model without head. And there are similar problems with models through the entire mod, for example the mechanic on board of the Orion is a female Twilek.. with a deep obviously male voice.

I guess that's due to other mods I have installed. But there are so many.. perhaps you can help me out what it could be? :)
 stoffe
10-11-2007, 8:13 AM
I guess that's due to other mods I have installed. But there are so many.. perhaps you can help me out what it could be? :)

Sounds like a conflict with the appearance.2da file. It contains the appearance types (head+body model combos etc) of NPCs, creatures and the player character, referred by line number in the file. So if one mod you install overwrites this file, all references to lines added by other mods will now point at the wrong appearance type definitions.

Have you installed any other mods that come with this file after this one?
 Master Zionosis
10-11-2007, 8:15 AM
This is a truly brilliant mod. Best Kotor mod there is.

I experienced a few problems though, first of all, the npc in Korriban that starts the quest is a female untextured model without head. And there are similar problems with models through the entire mod, for example the mechanic on board of the Orion is a female Twilek.. with a deep obviously male voice.

your problems are most likely coming from the appearance.2da file, if you have any other mods that use this file then it will cause problems as different mods can use the same slot in the appearance.2da file.

EDIT: DANGIT!! :headbump Stoffe beat me to it.
 Meowster
10-11-2007, 8:16 PM
First off, Wow! One of the best mods I've ever played! I really like Matilda, and like listening to her conversations. The whole Orion ship was exhilerating, although..is that Mandolorian merchant supposed to sell you anything?

Either way, the only thing I had an issue with was the lack of 'skippable' dialogue.

10/10 :)
 Silveredge9
10-12-2007, 5:56 AM
I'm going to be working on the Helena bug this weekend. I'm going to see if I can manually spawn her in the custom spawn script.

What would be a big help, would be if somebody could send me a save from just before the Bastilla's mother quest begins. :)
 DarthSeverus
10-12-2007, 8:00 AM
An absolutely amazing mod Silveredge9, it was great fun to play through, you have done a brilliant job, well done!! As others have said, the best KOTOR mod I have played through, thanks for all your hard work. The only problems I have seem to be the same problem as Lance Monance above with the references in my apperance 2da from earlier mods, with some some characters appearing as white female bodies usaully without heads, and Matilda appears as a male player body without a head ;-), and the Brotherhood of Shadow appears in Revan's Redemption robes. But this was to be expected given all the other mods I have cultering up my override folder, and it didn't stop me playing through any of the story, so thanks again for the mod.
 Shadow51689
10-12-2007, 11:29 AM
One thing to keep in mind Silveredge9, there is a similar mod for people who had problems with Helena not showing up, which allowed you to spawn Helena in the Cantina via dialogue with an NPC in the cantina.

Simply spawning Helena, and talking with her with that fix, did not, however, spawn the Tattered Equipment pack in the Krayt Dragon cave. (And thus you wouldn't get the Holocron)

Just something I hope will help.
 kash
10-12-2007, 2:13 PM
I am at the levaithan part of the game and in all cutscenes bastilas disappered what do i do to fix this.
 Silveredge9
10-12-2007, 7:23 PM
One thing to keep in mind Silveredge9, there is a similar mod for people who had problems with Helena not showing up, which allowed you to spawn Helena in the Cantina via dialogue with an NPC in the cantina.

Simply spawning Helena, and talking with her with that fix, did not, however, spawn the Tattered Equipment pack in the Krayt Dragon cave. (And thus you wouldn't get the Holocron)

Just something I hope will help.
The main thing that is causing all these problems concerning NPC's and/or Items not spawning isn't down to scripting errors on my part (At least I don't think so). But due to the lack of 'stability' with the ExecuteScript function (Which is used in scripts where a standard ingame area is altered) working correctly when you enter the areas.

The areas below run a custom script, which then after spawning the nessasary items/npc's on the map, runs the old OnEnter scripts through the ExecuteScript function.

- Korriban/Dreshdae (Spawns Drix Keliwt)
- Tatooine Cantina (Spawns the Contact, and causes Helena NOT to appear.)
- Eastern Dune Sea (Spawns the Moomo Brothers, and causes the Holocron not to spawn.)

I'm hoping to fix all these problems for good in the next patch. I'll have to manually spawn Bastila's Mother/Holocron in my custom spawn scripts, rather then relying on the ExecuteScript Function to run the original OnEnter scripts.

Though, I need a save. If someone is willing to send me one through email, the sooner I can get the update out. :/
 Lance Monance
10-13-2007, 6:19 AM
Sounds like a conflict with the appearance.2da file. It contains the appearance types (head+body model combos etc) of NPCs, creatures and the player character, referred by line number in the file. So if one mod you install overwrites this file, all references to lines added by other mods will now point at the wrong appearance type definitions.

Have you installed any other mods that come with this file after this one?

My Override folder is a mess. Is there anything vital in the folder. If not I will just delete everything from it and reinstall the mod. :)
 kash
10-13-2007, 11:38 AM
i have reached the part after i battle all the brother hood of the shadow copys but after he speaks and i answer he jumps over to me and nothing else happens he just stands there and i can just move around and the cutscene does not work.
 kash
10-13-2007, 5:38 PM
Also i arrive on the unownworld matilda is no longer in my party is this surpose to happen and matildas sith unfirorm when she equips it is a republic soliders uniform i have no other mods installed what could be the problem.
 Darth Balor
10-13-2007, 7:20 PM
Bastila will still be replaced by Matilda in the torture scene though. I've still having difficulties trying to figure out how I can solve this.

object oNPC = GetObjectByTag("Bastila");

effect eDisg = EffectDisguise(DISGUISE_TYPE_P_BASTILLA);
ApplyEffectToObject(DURATION_TYPE_PERMANENT,eDisg, oNPC);

You can just have TSLpatcher replace the modules .utc for bastilla with one with a custom bastilla appearence.
 Silveredge9
10-13-2007, 8:58 PM
The appearance for the Bastila NPC in that scene is already set to 'Party_NPC_Bastila', so technically it shouldn't change in the first place. If that's what you mean't?

Or are you suggesting that I could try creating a new row in appearance.2DA with the appearance of Bastila? If so, It's something I haven't thought of trying yet.
 kash
10-14-2007, 6:16 PM
After i leave the unownworld nothing happens and it is just a black screen and this is the only mod i have installed.
 Meowster
10-15-2007, 12:35 AM
I've had some issue's with mod...

The Rodian whom you meet on Korriban looks like a red-haired woman in her underwear, and the Tech Duro looks like a Caucasian Twi'lek...
I'm pretty sure its a mod conflict wiith appearence.2da with the Holowan plugin, what exactly can I do to make the mod the way its meant, without removing the heads?
 Shem
10-15-2007, 5:02 AM
 kingoftheabyss
10-15-2007, 10:19 PM
Hi, My game has been freezing once I enter the shadowlands for the first time. I see 2 sith who have armor simular too Darth Bandon's but right after that it freezes. Wopuld something with this mod possibly be the cause of it?
 Omega_Novae
10-15-2007, 10:20 PM
I don't think BoS has anything on Kashyyyk except Matilda's comments on it. You probably have an unfixed version of WotOR. Check its thread for a fix.
 kingoftheabyss
10-15-2007, 11:47 PM
Thank you.. I put the files in my override and tried it again, but now he just stands there and i can't initiate the confrontation with him...Worst, I accidently saved over my previous save game and now i dont have one before that point

Simply put.....Am I screwed?
 Omega_Novae
10-15-2007, 11:55 PM
If you really really really want to fight him, then you are. But the only thing is that you don't get to fight the badly-named Darth.
 kingoftheabyss
10-15-2007, 11:58 PM
Well not really, I just dont want this to destroy any chance of finishing the game...I can cheat the items that I would normally get after defeating him...Besides the lightsaber, is there any new items you would get from him from WOTOR
 Omega_Novae
10-16-2007, 12:01 AM
I think these questions would better fit in the WotOR thread, so you should go ask them there.
 Sith Holocron
10-17-2007, 11:49 AM
As a person that tried to make the mod grammatically correct, I was wondering what the opinion was of the mod using the most recent patch.
 TheFrisk
10-20-2007, 2:35 PM
I have a question about this mod.
I am in the white prison and I have no idea how to get out,any advice?
 Omega_Novae
10-20-2007, 2:36 PM
Talk to Daemon Drexel.
 TheFrisk
10-20-2007, 2:38 PM
I spoke to him already,and someone else appeared and said something,and then disappeared. Now Daemon is just standing there and it won't let me talk to him.

When I talk to Daemon it just says Silence on the top of my screen,and the guy who talked before was Brother of Shadow.
 Omega_Novae
10-20-2007, 2:47 PM
Strange. You're supposed to warp to another module at that point.
 TheFrisk
10-20-2007, 3:24 PM
My journal says i should investigate the surroundings and try to find a way out,did I miss something?
 Revan_Pwn_Malak
10-20-2007, 7:01 PM
So I finally have a free weekend of no studying for mid-terms, writing essays, etc. and decided to finally get to playing this mod. I installed BoS and patch 1.03 (just found patch 1.04 when I came to post this), but when I arrived at Korriban Drix isn't there. Am I forgetting to do something?
 HdVaderII
10-21-2007, 7:13 PM
Im running a mac, and can't use the "install.exe". Is there any way i can install it without the install exe?
Or the tsl patcher? I don't have any mods in.
 Omega_Novae
10-21-2007, 8:38 PM
I think you can just copy all the files in the tslpatchdata folder into your Override folder, since you don't have any other mods.
 RedHawke
10-22-2007, 5:55 AM
I think you can just copy all the files in the tslpatchdata folder into your Override folder, since you don't have any other mods.
Unfortunately this method doesn't work if any scripts/2da file compiling/editing are needed for the mod as the edits are not done if you just copy the files.
 Ztalker
10-22-2007, 6:11 AM
Excellent Mod...only played the 'prologue' though. It really blends well with the original Kotor storyline. No bus or whatsoever yet. Excellent! :D

Can't wait for the main quest....
 correllian_thug
10-23-2007, 4:26 AM
An error occured! Specified file was a 2da but not in binary format.
That format is un handled at this time. unable to load. (2DA-1)
 correllian_thug
10-23-2007, 4:28 AM
i downloaded this mod but i can't play it, when using the tsl patcher i get this error:

"An error occured! Specified file was a 2da but not in binary format.
That format is un handled at this time. unable to load. (2DA-1)"

then when i go to play, drix is invisible, i can still click to start the conversation but as soon as i do so the game freezes.

(sorry for the double post i seem to have posted the message before i was done, thought cancelling would prevent it)
 Silveredge9
10-23-2007, 9:29 AM
Im running a mac, and can't use the "install.exe". Is there any way i can install it without the install exe?
Or the tsl patcher? I don't have any mods in.
Download the Mod itself, then copy all the files in the Tsl Patcher Folder located within the package into your Override folder.

Next download the latest patch (1.04), copy the contents of it's Tsl Patcher folder into your override.

Finally, download the contents of this file (Which is a collection of the files that would be created though through running the .exe on a PC) and unzip them into your override folder.

Mac Files (http://rapidshare.com/files/64598038/Mac_Files.rar.html)

And unless I've missed anything, it should then work.

So I finally have a free weekend of no studying for mid-terms, writing essays, etc. and decided to finally get to playing this mod. I installed BoS and patch 1.03 (just found patch 1.04 when I came to post this), but when I arrived at Korriban Drix isn't there. Am I forgetting to do something?
Was that the first time you arrived at Korriban? Are you sure you haven't been looking in the wrong place? Maybe something is conflicting?
 Quatra
10-23-2007, 8:19 PM
I have one problem, maybe it's already answered but i'll post it again.

I create a new game, i finished tatooine, manaan and i went to korriban after. I saw drix but i can't move around him. I had to go back to tatooine to kill the guy then return to korriban. Is there a way to go around him? like teleporting?

I have another problem. I said drix to leave me alone then i went to leviathan and when i killed everyone in the bridge, the scene couldn't start.
 correllian_thug
10-24-2007, 4:02 AM
for now i seem to have fixed my problem by making a new override folder with only this mod in it......

after the initial scare of not being able to run this mod no bug or spelling error is gonna be bad enough for me to bring up, you have made the game exciting again, i'll be going through so much of the game waiting till i get on the leviathan to get to the next part. brilliant work i applaude you!!
 Silveredge9
10-24-2007, 7:37 AM
I have one problem, maybe it's already answered but i'll post it again.

I create a new game, i finished tatooine, manaan and i went to korriban after. I saw drix but i can't move around him. I had to go back to tatooine to kill the guy then return to korriban. Is there a way to go around him? like teleporting?

I have another problem. I said drix to leave me alone then i went to leviathan and when i killed everyone in the bridge, the scene couldn't start.
You mean he is blocking your path? I don't see how that would be possible, he's positioned against the wall. :P
 Quatra
10-24-2007, 1:56 PM
I have a screen shot of drix. As you can see, he's using all the space so i can't move around him
http://fapomatic.com/thumbs/0742/kotor.jpg) (http://fapomatic.com/show.php?loc=0742&f=kotor.jpg)
 Silveredge9
10-24-2007, 1:59 PM
Your having appearance.2DA problems. What other mods do you have installed?

One solution right now is to delete the current appearance.2DA from your override folder and to reinstall the mod.
 Ztalker
10-26-2007, 6:05 AM
Again, very good Mod. And nice to support and tinker with your mod after the release. :)

But I'd like to report the first problem I've encountered.

Place: Dantooine, the closed council chambers
Problem: After I beat them, one of them goes into meditation. After this, he attacks me once, and turns 'blue' (neutral/talkable/not attackable, etc).
He stands there, wounded, and unable to do anything. Then nothing happens.
I heared he is supposed to turn into Revan (ie: wear Revan's Robes). This doesn't happen.
Mods installed:Only the Brotherhood mod, and the Wotor (Weapons of Kotor) mod. The Wotor mod doe not change armors and robes, so it shouldn't conflict.
Additional: Weapons act strange in this area as well. If I equip a lightsaber, the beam isn't showed. For example, I equiped a second (?) Revan saber, and it didn't show the beam. The right hand saber did though.

I have no Revan robe mods or anything installed, or even downloaded.

Thanks in adcance

Edit: Never mind. The cuscene activated perfectly. Finished the mod. Really liked the cutscenes Matilda provided :)
 HdVaderII
10-26-2007, 6:16 PM
its mac guy again. The mod is working fine until i get to the bith in the cantina. When it is loading to take me to his ship, the load bar starts, goes 1/8th of the way, and completely stops, leaving me stranded in the loading screen. Any idea about whats wrong? I did everything you told me to do to make it work on mac.
Help me Silveredge9. You are my only hope.
 foliksta
10-28-2007, 5:26 AM
I have a problem. After the "credits" of the mod I return to the main menu, but the mechanic said that we are going to Tatooine, not to the menu :D
 Zgred_2
10-28-2007, 9:31 AM
Very good mod, I really like and appreciate the work that went into it. Unfortunately, I have run into 2 problems/bugs, one game breaking.

1. A white square on the Galaxy Map (the mod is working on a clean version of KOTOR, I didn't want it to mix with my other mods, for now atleast.)
2. After the clone fight at the Academy, there is the whole dialogue with the defeated Brother of Shadows, he reveals his name, Revan takes a few steps, than the Brother turns on you once again. The cutscene breaks, the Brother makes one slash of flurry at me, not even damaging me, then goes back to being an unattackable npc with 1 hp. He doesn't respond and I can't get out and progress.

And yes I have tried reloading/going back to Autosave, the problem continues and I don't want to restart the whole mod, for now atleast.

I hope this helps for the next patch, can't wait to be able to finish this mod. I see it really is a piece of art, especially the scripting.
 Silveredge9
10-28-2007, 9:34 AM
Very good mod, I really like and appreciate the work that went into it. Unfortunately, I have run into 2 problems/bugs, one game breaking.

1. A white square on the Galaxy Map (the mod is working on a clean version of KOTOR, I didn't want it to mix with my other mods, for now atleast.)
2. After the clone fight at the Academy, there is the whole dialogue with the defeated Brother of Shadows, he reveals his name, Revan takes a few steps, than the Brother turns on you once again. The cutscene breaks, the Brother makes one slash of flurry at me, not even damaging me, then goes back to being an unattackable npc with 1 hp. He doesn't respond and I can't get out and progress.

And yes I have tried reloading/going back to Autosave, the problem continues and I don't want to restart the whole mod, for now atleast.

I hope this helps for the next patch, can't wait to be able to finish this mod. I see it really is a piece of art, especially the scripting.

You started your game from the supplied save right? If so then the Galaxy Map problem is just on that particular save. So it's nothing to worry about.

As for the other bug, I still haven't found the cause of this problem. Though if you are willing to email me, (Find my email in the Read-Me of the mod). I can keep sending you experiemental fixes until we get one that fixes the problem. :P
 Zgred_2
10-28-2007, 9:43 AM
Yes, I started from the supplied save just to check out the mod faster :)

I'll contact you about those fixes, I'd gladly help out. From what I see, it's because something is setting the Brothers boolean of "1 hp" to one, which causes him to be immortal, thus halting progress. Maybe if you were to do a quick scripting fix, that would make sure that he has the "1hp" thing to 0 after his dialogue.
 Silveredge9
10-28-2007, 10:58 AM
No, the Shadow guy isn't meant to die. Something is causing the dialogue to be interrupted. And that's what I'm trying to find out.
Page: 4 of 10