Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Brotherhood of Shadow - Expansion Pack

Page: 7 of 10
 Silveredge9
01-31-2008, 7:40 PM
It should be fine, it only changes files that are already in your override/modules folder anyway.
 Darth Payne
01-31-2008, 8:34 PM
I've got a similar question to that of logan.

Would it cause any problems if i install the new patch if ive gotten as far as the Bith on tatooine, who will only tell me to return when i've centered myself.
 Silveredge9
01-31-2008, 8:35 PM
No problems that I can foresee, no.
 Darth Payne
01-31-2008, 8:37 PM
Ok, thanks.

I'll let you know if i run into any problems.
 sandman01
02-02-2008, 11:42 AM
hey, i have a problem downloading the patches from filefront..it says the url is forbidden
 Biges
02-09-2008, 9:17 PM
A question - is it normal, that the main Btoher of Shadow looks like Kay? I mean the jedi from mod "Recruitable Kay". I don't think so. Is there a way to correct it?
Thanks

Btw, BoS is simply great! The best mod out there!
Only sometimes I had feeling like actually watching a movie than playing a game :(

Edit: I played arounf with apperance.2da and it seems I corrected the problem. But I really lowers my trust to the TSLPatcher.
 settoken
02-10-2008, 3:18 AM
I've read the entire thread but I haven't seen anything about the problem I have

I've some other mods installed.

I'm in the storage room with the mechanic rodian, touching the sith artifact, kicking it. The ship5 module starts loading and then...the game crash.

I have a strange box in the hebon hawk, the one with the rakatan in it, similar to the sith artifact you used in BoS. As I reload a previous savegame and try to open it, I have the same crash.

It looks like the problem is specific to the matrixarena attached to that kind of item. So my question is simple, wich files I need to check to solve this ?

(I'm pretty sure that the problem came with the installation of BoS, as it worked before)

thx in advance
 Son of Skywalker15
02-10-2008, 9:50 PM
Congrats on winning the mod award!

I just downloaded and started to play it. I have to say, despite some small spelling errors, it really does bring the Kotor feel of 03' back. Wonderful work!
 Da_Man_2423
02-10-2008, 10:21 PM
Awesome mod. Can't say much more than that.
 DeadYorick
02-10-2008, 10:27 PM
This mod is like Escape Yavin4 for Jedi Academy. It is an awesome mod that replaces so much of the game that its almost like an expansion pack

Anyway this is an awesome mod. It was quite hard especially the saber battles and against all those mercenaries who healed after every hit.
 2Cold Scorpio
02-11-2008, 12:48 PM
I had ap roblem while running this installer...

Adding new row (index 673) to 2DA file appearance.2da...
• Warning: Invalid column label "driveanimrun" encountered! Skipping entry...
• Adding new row (index 674) to 2DA file appearance.2da...
• Adding new row (index 675) to 2DA file appearance.2da...
• Adding new row (index 676) to 2DA file appearance.2da...
• Adding new row (index 677) to 2DA file appearance.2da...
• Adding new row (index 678) to 2DA file appearance.2da...
• Adding new row (index 679) to 2DA file appearance.2da...
• Adding new row (index 680) to 2DA file appearance.2da...
• Adding new row (index 681) to 2DA file appearance.2da...
• Adding new row (index 682) to 2DA file appearance.2da...
• Adding new row (index 683) to 2DA file appearance.2da...
• Adding new row (index 684) to 2DA file appearance.2da...
• Adding new row (index 685) to 2DA file appearance.2da...

Is this a problem? Will this break anything, or is this normal? I haven't applied the 1.07 patch yet; I wanted to get this answered first. Help! I do have a few other mods installed, but I don't think any of them would account for this...Can I safely ignore those warnings, and if so, wioll I be missing anything?
 Silveredge9
02-11-2008, 1:37 PM
Err, you can install the 1.07 patch and see if everything works fine in the game.

Otherwise if it doesn't (Which means there have been some unforeseen complications with the compatibility between the mods you have installed), delete the current appearance.2DA in your your override folder and reinstall the mod/patch.
 2Cold Scorpio
02-11-2008, 1:45 PM
What content in your mod do those entries reference? It could possibly be an extra heading from another mod that wouldn't actually affect anything...if nothing else, could I not manually go in and enter each of those 13 lines?

Edit: Looks like, unless I missed one, the only mod I'm using with an appearance.2da file is RedHawke's "The Revan The White/Star Forge Booster Pack". Since it too uses the patcher, it occured to me I could replace the .2da file, then reinstall BoS, then reinstall Revan the White...maybe... :|
 Silveredge9
02-11-2008, 1:46 PM
It seems 2DA patcher is having some difficulties "Patching" appearance.2DA, which is used in the mod. Just follow the instructions I posted, that should solve any problems your having.
 2Cold Scorpio
02-11-2008, 1:52 PM
Yeah, I think I might have found a workaround (as posted above...likely whiel you wrote your own reply. lol)

"Edit: Looks like, unless I missed one, the only mod I'm using with an appearance.2da file is RedHawke's "The Revan The White/Star Forge Booster Pack". Since it too uses the patcher, it occured to me I could replace the .2da file, then reinstall BoS, then reinstall Revan the White...maybe... :|" I'll give it a shot

Edit: That seems to have worked; the only warnings that came up this time were about existing files, and in both cases, I know they were there from the previous installation of their respective mods. Assuming i was right in that nothing else I'm currently using had need for appearance.2da, everything oughta be fine now. :D
 settoken
02-12-2008, 3:38 AM
Silveredge could you please tell me wich files are messing with the rakatan prisonner box and your sith artifact ?
 Biges
02-12-2008, 6:14 PM
I think you should tone down spoils a bit. I find it unlikely, that some lamers would carry 1000 credits around :)
 ilikerevan
02-22-2008, 7:10 PM
This is cool but how do i know if it is working when i start it Silveredge
 Mikekatarn
02-22-2008, 7:28 PM
It should be working if

a) you see a new Rodian in the Korriban cantina (who sends you on a quest)
b) if after the Leviathan there is a new alien at the back of the cantina which also gives you a quest and transports you on his ship.
 thaar
02-24-2008, 10:16 AM
hey i'm kinda stuck...I don't know how to get out of the prison,the one in which you enter after finding the artifact on orion.
There is a white empty room with nothing except the drexel who doesn't say a thing.
Can someone help me?
 ilikerevan
02-24-2008, 2:10 PM
i downloaded ths mod and i need help on how to start the Prologue quest

Mod Edit: Massive post deletions here, ilikerevan please PM the mod author with questions like this in the future. Also note that 'chat' type posts aren't allowed. Thanks. -RH
 EGJason
03-09-2008, 12:35 PM
Hey People Lookie a video for the expansion to this expansion

http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filefront.com/file/Brotherhood_of_Shadow_Solomons_Revenge_Teaser_Trai) ler;87635

Thanks Silveredge,
EGJason
 logan essex
03-10-2008, 9:04 AM
my game is crashing after the scene where i reach the artifact

I'm sorry logan but you may not 'bump' threads here, your "HELP" post has been deleted... if you aren't recieving any help then you need to edit your post with a better explination of what is happening or try a Private Message (PM) with the mod maker.

Edit2: Now I have had to delete another useless post from you in this thread where you reply only to my warning edit and actually try and deny knowledge of a post you made, instead of answering the question the mod maker posed to you to actually get you some help with your issues (Post #327 below), please stop with the off-topic/spammy posts. -RH
 HdVaderII
03-10-2008, 8:24 PM
I was wondering, is there any way that this could be played with the mac version of KOTOR? Macs can't use .exe files. Could I just dump the TSLpatchdata into the override?
 EGJason
03-10-2008, 10:37 PM
Well yeah you could but NO guarantees it'll work

Unless you have nothing else in your override but that I'm not a professional on!!

Dunno though,
EGJason
 RedHawke
03-11-2008, 11:37 AM
Could I just dump the TSLpatchdata into the override?
No you can't... unfortunately. :(
 Silveredge9
03-11-2008, 11:41 AM
I was wondering, is there any way that this could be played with the mac version of KOTOR? Macs can't use .exe files. Could I just dump the TSLpatchdata into the override?
To my knowledge, BoS doesn't work on a mac, even if you do get around the installation method. It seems to freeze at different points during the loading of custom modules, and I couldn't see any way to correct it.

You are free to try though, you would need to copy all the files from the TslPatcher folder into you override folder, then copy the 2DA files supplied in the latest patch into your override folder.

Edit: my game is crashing after the scene where i reach the artifact
You need to provide more details before I can help you. Stuff like; What do you mean by "crash", and precisely after which line of dialogue?
 EGJason
03-13-2008, 10:10 PM
Actually Redhawke I must disagree..
Using the TSLpatcher No not possible..
But look at Inyri Forge she got it so you can install yet manually..
But then again...
Sliveredge and HDVader II I'd ask Inyri maybe she'll tell ya!!

No offense Redhawke,
EGJason

What I said was factual. Your disagreement has nothing actually to do with what I replied to. -RH

EDIT: Hey Silver Help please what is this http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj310/EGJason/KotOR0000a.jpg) and I can't move HELPPP!!!!
 Silveredge9
03-14-2008, 7:23 PM
You have something in your override folder that is conflicting with that module for some reason. Try clearning your override folder and reinstalling the mod/patch.
 EGJason
03-14-2008, 10:27 PM
OK but what file would be conflicting?

Thanks Silveredge,
EGJason
 el Crawler
03-15-2008, 11:11 AM
I'm currently experiencing a problem. Sera Degana or whatever her "name" is is not appearing at her shop. Any way to fix this?
 Silveredge9
03-16-2008, 6:16 PM
Just to clear up a few possibilities that are causing the problem here;

1: Are you looking in the right place? She's usually spawned in the shop area, near the "Sera Degana's supply shop" sign.
2: Have you installed the latest patch?
3: Have you tested the mod without any other mods installed? It could be a compatibility problem. Although to test this, you'd need a save from before you entered the Orion ship module.
 el Crawler
03-17-2008, 7:42 AM
It has worked before perfectly, so I think my problems may have been because of an issue with the Yavin IV planet mod. I messed up my save somehow so I'm playing through again without the Yavin mod as I have done before. And I have installed the latest patch.

GabrielRevan: You find Daemon in Anchorhead, near the Swoop Office IIRC.
 GabrielRevan
03-17-2008, 11:34 AM
I guess my mod isn't working properly then cause I can't find Daemon at all.
 Silveredge9
03-17-2008, 1:21 PM
I guess my mod isn't working properly then cause I can't find Daemon at all.
He only appears after you've talked with Drix Keliwt on Dreshdae though. So make sure you've done that.

And it's unfortunately very easy to mess up the mod. For example, say you install BoS - Then you install something else that modifies the same files as BoS (For example, in this case the onentry script for Anchorhead), it would override the BoS script and mess up the mod.

Try reinstalling the mod.
 AlkoTanko
03-17-2008, 5:05 PM
Is Kotorfiles down? I can't connect it from anywhere.
 Darth Visillius
03-19-2008, 4:26 PM
I have advanced in the quest so far as to talk to the bith in the cantina on Tatooine, but when (as I stated earlier) I get captured by the leviathon, I end up on the ebon hawk. The map, as far as I can remember, is the leviathons map, but it won't let me do anything on the EH. All the interfaceable aspects of the ship are no longer interfaceable, I can only run around and wish my game would advance. It's happened to me twice (as I created a new character after having failed the first time) the first time I had a myriad of mods installed and thought that to be the problem.
I uninstalled all the mods and started my new character. The second time, the mods I had installed were thus:
Jessets Tomb
Tomb of Exar Kun
Force Destruction
BoS
and the Koribban Krystal Cave

Are all of your mods compatible with eachother?
And finally I wanted to say that I really appreciate all the work you guys do on these mods. I don't want it to sound like I'm criticizing or otherwise bad mouthing them, because if it weren't for Mods, I wouldn't have played the game as much as I have.
As always, I appreciate all the hard work, and thanks for the help.
 Darth Xander
03-22-2008, 9:34 PM
Wow BoS is like a completley alternate way of playing KOTOR, by following another storyline. Fantastic idea!!
 Ferc Kast
03-22-2008, 10:10 PM
I finally finished BoS for the first time!! It was awesome.

I have one final question, though: Do you not like droids at all, Silveredge9? 'Cause there were definately enough droids to destroy on the Orion.
 Silveredge9
03-23-2008, 12:15 AM
I finally finished BoS for the first time!! It was awesome.

I have one final question, though: Do you not like droids at all, Silveredge9? 'Cause there were definitely enough droids to destroy on the Orion.
Nothing beats a running gag. :P

And, it's one that carries on into the sequel (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v642/Silveredge9/12.jpg).
 Joetheeskimo
03-23-2008, 3:14 PM
Yeah, is this mod compatible with the Yavin IV mod?
 kotorcrazyguy
03-24-2008, 7:09 PM
when i play the mod, i get to anchorhead around the swoop track shop and theres nothing there, no dilrix, no nothing, idk what that means, so plz help me out?!

thanks,
Ben
 Silveredge9
03-24-2008, 10:50 PM
Yeah, is this mod compatible with the Yavin IV mod?
I haven't played the mod myself, so I don't know for certain. It depends if it alters any files that BoS alters, and then there's the 2DA's. :P

when i play the mod, i get to anchorhead around the swoop track shop and theres nothing there, no dilrix, no nothing, idk what that means, so plz help me out?!

thanks,
Ben
English?
 Alexander the Great
03-24-2008, 10:58 PM
Eh, I just realized something. "I'm busy discussing the finer points of globalization." Is that a Maddox reference I detect? XD
 kotorcrazyguy
03-24-2008, 11:15 PM
what i meant was, after the mods i use, there's a game crash right at the loading screen on every planet, i'm not sure why? plz help out
 Silveredge9
03-24-2008, 11:21 PM
Eh, I just realized something. "I'm busy discussing the finer points of globalization." Is that a Maddox reference I detect? XD
Probably, it's been that long since I wrote the dialogue I've forgotten. :P

what i meant was, after the mods i use, there's a game crash right at the loading screen on every planet, i'm not sure why? plz help out
Are you sure this is actually caused by BoS? Crashing during the loading screens on every planet sounds a little out of BoS's league when causing bugs are concerned.
 diablo2121
03-25-2008, 1:11 PM
I can't seem to find the Rodian in the Korriban cantina to start the prologue quest.

I've erased everything in my override folder and installed just BoS to ensure no other compliance problems, but he won't show for some reason. I have completed every planet and collected every Star Map.
 el Crawler
03-25-2008, 1:31 PM
Leave and re-enter Dreshdae if you haven't already.

Failing that, I can't think of any other way to make him appear.
 diablo2121
03-25-2008, 1:33 PM
I've tried; I've even left Korriban and come back...

I also tried reverting to an earlier save right after Dantooine and going straight to Korriban, but no go.

EDIT:

Alright, I've managed to fix this by copying the 2da files that came with the mod that weren't installed into the override folder.
 kotorcrazyguy
03-25-2008, 4:32 PM
ok , if it's not brotherhood of shadow then what?
Page: 7 of 10