Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Brotherhood of Shadow - Expansion Pack

Page: 10 of 10
 sera1111
01-01-2009, 10:04 PM
Okay I've done that several times and it's still not working and I did install the patch in the override section.
 EGJason
01-02-2009, 12:13 AM
Well, I've had the same problem several times, all have resulted in me completely rebuilding my override folder unfortunately, you may have to do the same...

Although my modding expertise are relatively non-existent so....

Yeah,
EGJason
 sera1111
01-02-2009, 3:49 AM
Finally got it work. :) Thank you very much.

I really enjoy the storyline you presented and my favorite part about the whole is in conversation about the Mandalorian Wars. Like in KotOR II you get to decide whether the Exile was male or female. I really liked the tip of the hat to TSL game. :) Also you gave a choice of two different Revans during this Mod. You could be a viscious Sith with no mercy at all or a merciful Sith... Which I admit, may seem odd but I like it. Like when you revisit your past when Bastila comes after you. The Sith soldier who had family and you had the option of killing him for belitting Malak or letting him go to see if his family was alright. That was quite interesting. :) Though on some level, it made me wonder if the bombing of Telos angered Revan, that's why partially she had no problem people belittling Malak.

As I said, I LOVE the mod!
 EGJason
01-02-2009, 5:21 PM
** Hopefully Helpful Short Guide to Fixing All your BoS related Problems **

Seeing as how many problems there have been with mods conflicting I am going to be posting a guide on how to fix most, if not all of your problems with BoS

Steps to follow before posting-
1. Make sure you read all this
2. Check to make sure you are at the latest patch
3. Make sure you used the TSLPatcher to install the mod and it's patches

When Posting-
1. State Problem and what you have tried to fix the problem

To Fix-
1. Check for conflicting files
2. Try Autosaves
3. Try to rebuild (Yes I Know painful) your override but, install BoS first and then last to reiterate an changes made to Appearance, Spells and any other 2DA files.....

Hopes this helps some
:):):):)
EGJason

This guide will be updated whenever needed
 knight 12167
01-12-2009, 11:00 PM
Help it comes up with a screen mentioning winzip and how the sofware isn't free just after all the files transfering

Help
 Blue_Leader
01-14-2009, 12:54 AM
I've got a question... I seem to be rather stuck. When you get to the white void stage, what the heck are you supposed to do? I've been running around and around and can't find anything except for the bad guy. What are you supposed to do here?
 EGJason
01-15-2009, 3:01 PM
"Help it comes up with a screen mentioning winzip and how the sofware isn't free just after all the files transfering"

I'd recommend downloading 7-Zip which is a free and faster alternative to WinZip.... See Here: http://www.7-zip.org/)

"I've got a question... I seem to be rather stuck. When you get to the white void stage, what the heck are you supposed to do? I've been running around and around and can't find anything except for the bad guy. What are you supposed to do here?"

Try talking to the bad guy (Forgot his name)
That should do it.... I think...

EGJason
 Blue_Leader
01-15-2009, 5:53 PM
"I've got a question... I seem to be rather stuck. When you get to the white void stage, what the heck are you supposed to do? I've been running around and around and can't find anything except for the bad guy. What are you supposed to do here?"

Try talking to the bad guy (Forgot his name)
That should do it.... I think...

EGJason

I've tried clicking on him a few times... the human guy with the mask. All that happens is a message comes up saying "Silence", or something like that, and nothing else happens.
 Daos300
01-18-2009, 1:13 AM
Okay I've run into a strange crash in this mod. Whenever you open the door that the Mandalorian is behind you go through the usual dialogue with him and the Brothers zap him with their energy. Then you start a fight with him as the Brothers bow and fade away. The game keeps crashing as they fade way though. At first I thought maybe it was another mod that was getting in the way but when I wiped the override folder and installed BoS and patch 1.07 only it still keeps crashing. I'm not sure what is causing this as I do not remember having this problem before.

Edit: Never mind I got past this particular problem. Still not sure what caused it but I was able to get through the rest of the mod without incident.
 Blue_Leader
01-18-2009, 10:43 PM
Bah... I'm still completely stuck. I keep clicking on the Daemon Drexel guy, but the only thing that happens is a message comes up saying "Silence". I've run around the entire map and can't find anything else. I must be missing something, but it's driving me crazy. Makes me wish I wouldn't have saved my game...
 Silveredge9
01-28-2009, 5:47 PM
Bah... I'm still completely stuck. I keep clicking on the Daemon Drexel guy, but the only thing that happens is a message comes up saying "Silence". I've run around the entire map and can't find anything else. I must be missing something, but it's driving me crazy. Makes me wish I wouldn't have saved my game...
What events have transpired within the "Great White Void" module so far. Have you fought the Sith Ghost yet, or have you just entered the module?
 Qui-Gon Glenn
01-28-2009, 11:10 PM
I have had this issue before as well... And, I never did find out what the root of it was. I simply stopped playing for that day... came back the next, loaded up, and got on with it.

If I remember correctly, the issue for me was that I could not get to fight the Sith Ghost.... Daemon just stayed in his trance, and like you I wandered all over the perimeter seeking a way out.

I wonder, Silver, if your trigger for the Ghost is a time delay, a waypoint, or ? I know it works, but it has been a little sticky a few times.
 Silveredge9
01-29-2009, 6:34 PM
I have had this issue before as well... And, I never did find out what the root of it was. I simply stopped playing for that day... came back the next, loaded up, and got on with it.

If I remember correctly, the issue for me was that I could not get to fight the Sith Ghost.... Daemon just stayed in his trance, and like you I wandered all over the perimeter seeking a way out.

I wonder, Silver, if your trigger for the Ghost is a time delay, a waypoint, or ? I know it works, but it has been a little sticky a few times.
So you talked to Daemon Drexel, fought the Sith Ghost, the Sith Ghost disappeared, then nothing happened?
 Qui-Gon Glenn
01-30-2009, 1:12 AM
So you talked to Daemon Drexel, fought the Sith Ghost, the Sith Ghost disappeared, then nothing happened?
I am pretty sure I have a labeled save in my archive. I will check it for you if you like. It is possible that is was a mod conflict... I can't remember if anything else uses the "white box" module.

Drexl in that scene is in a trance, and is unselectable, and was the only thing to interact with in the void. I will be sending you a 7zip tomorrow anyway ;), if I find the pertinent save I will include it.
 GarfieldJL
01-30-2009, 11:20 PM
Those are the problem files usually for a glitch like this... other than that... :giveup:

It's also got it so one of your mods stopped working specifically the Jawa's shop mod, I imagine it's still there but I can't access it now.
 Qui-Gon Glenn
02-01-2009, 9:23 PM
It's also got it so one of your mods stopped working specifically the Jawa's shop mod, I imagine it's still there but I can't access it now.

The Jawa Shop does disappear... I have had this issue as well. Perhaps the BoS edited Tatooine .git replaces or destroys the trigger for the shop... it also removes the jawa and the sign for the shop. So, it is something that TSLPatcher may not be equipped to, or may not be configured for the twain to coexist. It is a sadness, but a minor one, mostly for nostalgia at getting gipped by shady Jawas, as well as getting my tailfeathers stuffed by a mad bunch of Mandalorians. Oh the loot.... if you have the stims, FP's and medpacs, shields, etc...

However, I don't think this falls into the responsibility of the modders in question to ensure compatibility.

If you wanted to fix it yourself, you could compare the .git of RH's Jawa Anchorhead, especially looking at trigger placement, placeable placement, and scripts. Then you could patch the BoS .git manually - a cut and paste affair with K-GFF (thanks tk102!). Of course, this method would only work if you had already installed BoS over RHJawaShop, so that the 2da's were merged for you and all other relevant items remained.
 RedHawke
02-02-2009, 7:32 AM
For the record for my Jawa Shop mod I have no edited git files of tatooine, nor any edited 2da files, I only touched the on enter script (k_ptat17_enter) to spawn my entrance, everything else is pretty much self contained in the modules. The only global files touched was the global.jrl file.
 GarfieldJL
02-02-2009, 12:29 PM
For the record for my Jawa Shop mod I have no edited git files of tatooine, nor any edited 2da files, I only touched the on enter script (k_ptat17_enter) to spawn my entrance, everything else is pretty much self contained in the modules. The only global files touched was the global.jrl file.

I can confirm that it is the k_ptat17_enter and the enter2, and the global.jrl, that are affected, I kept a copy of the Jawa shop mod and did a new install routine without overwriting.
 Zgred_2
02-06-2009, 6:08 AM
Hey everybody, I'm having a little trouble with the mod. I'm on Revan's ship, back in the Sith vs. Republic war, and I've gone through the 2 Twi'Lek Admirals, the cutscene of the ships fighting and am now talking to the female Twi'Lek. Then, at a certain point, after Revan says something, the dialogue breaks, I get the item/DS/LS points screen, and I can't do anything, talk to anyone (there's no dialogue for anyone) and leave the room even. Any ideas?
 Rtas Vadum
02-06-2009, 8:07 AM
Hey everybody, I'm having a little trouble with the mod. I'm on Revan's ship, back in the Sith vs. Republic war, and I've gone through the 2 Twi'Lek Admirals, the cutscene of the ships fighting and am now talking to the female Twi'Lek. Then, at a certain point, after Revan says something, the dialogue breaks, I get the item/DS/LS points screen, and I can't do anything, talk to anyone (there's no dialogue for anyone) and leave the room even. Any ideas?

On the last dialogue choices you had, where they the ones where you say something about giving directives to the ships that the female twi'lek tells you about? I believe had the same problem, which seems that if you chose the second option, the dialogue breaks. Choosing the first option would keep it going.
 RedHawke
02-07-2009, 7:38 AM
I can confirm that it is the k_ptat17_enter and the enter2, and the global.jrl, that are affected, I kept a copy of the Jawa shop mod and did a new install routine without overwriting.
Well then those files will need to be merged (likely the BOS on enter script and mine, the enter2 files are likely the original on enter script simply renamed so just use one or the other), not a really hard task if the source files for the scripts were included in the BOS mod.

Stoffe made a global.jrl merging tool for that file... linky (Near the bottom) (http://www.starwarsknights.com/tools.php).

So you'll just need to combine our 2 mods k_ptat17_enter scripts and compile it and drop it into override and use Stoffe's merging tool for the global.jrl file.

Preemptive disclaimer: Please do not ask me to do this folks. Sorry.
 LordMcGuffin
02-07-2009, 8:23 PM
Now I HAVE AN ISSUE! I saw these posts, completely wiped my override folder, and installed BoS and the patch. BUT when I started the game, I clicked "Load Game" and it loaded but 1.Whatever party member was in my party STAYED there even inside the hawk. and 2.It wouldn't let me exit out of the specific area I was in. NONE of the exits/entrances worked.

Then I tried starting a new game, but after I made my character, it showed the loading screen..... for about 3 hours, and then it crashed... HELP!
 Zgred_2
02-08-2009, 6:18 PM
Thanks Rtas Vardum, that allowed me to continue :D
 pringlepower
03-21-2009, 4:08 PM
okay... this is kind of late, but where is daemon?
ive looked in all of tatooine and i can't find him
this is right after talking to the rodian at korriban
 Rtas Vadum
03-21-2009, 6:11 PM
okay... this is kind of late, but where is daemon?
ive looked in all of tatooine and i can't find him
this is right after talking to the rodian at korriban

He and his bodyguards are just around the same corner you first find the dark jedi on Tattooine.
 Qui-Gon Glenn
04-03-2009, 3:10 PM
Well then those files will need to be merged (likely the BOS on enter script and mine, the enter2 files are likely the original on enter script simply renamed so just use one or the other), not a really hard task if the source files for the scripts were included in the BOS mod.

Stoffe made a global.jrl merging tool for that file... linky (Near the bottom) (http://www.starwarsknights.com/tools.php).

So you'll just need to combine our 2 mods k_ptat17_enter scripts and compile it and drop it into override and use Stoffe's merging tool for the global.jrl file.

Preemptive disclaimer: Please do not ask me to do this folks. Sorry.

Correct. This reminds me, I need to ammend my release post... :) For those of you with this particular issue, I have acquired permission to make a fix and share it with you. This fixes the scripting issue, so that the Jawa Shop will spawn correctly. It does not fix the .jrl issue, but that can be done following the link RedHawke provided.
Here (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=196875) is the link to the T.U.C.E. thread. This mod will either be updated for BoS:SR or it will be rendered obsolete by silveredge9 - that is up to him :)
 lactose_
04-13-2009, 1:16 AM
Hi Silveredge9,

I just completed another playthrough of this mod, and I thought I'd give some feedback before the release of the new expansion. :)

(I have the orginal BOS, with a single patch to v1.07)

I've experienced a head trouble. Basically, on the bridge of Revan's ship, Matilda was missing her blue head and had instead the generic yellow one. Back on the Orion, I met her again and she still had her yellow head (with a blue body '^^). Now that she joined my party, she's recovered her correct blue head.
I had this exact same problem. Although I haven't taken a look at the mod files, I think the issue could have been caused by Matilda's alignment at that point. Since her light side alignment uses the default yellow head, this could be the source of the trouble.

Favourite bits:
1. The parts where you play as Revan before and during the Mandalorian Wars. More please! :D
2. On board the Orion when you're trying to unravel the secrets of the Brother of Shadow... Extremely atmospheric and cinematic! :thmbup1:

Least favourite bits:
1. By far the most annoying thing to happen is Matilda leaving the party... together with all the stuff I equipped on her! And not once, but twice! :(
[Suggestion] Please script an unequip function before she leaves, and, if you can't re-equip her when she rejoins the party, then add her back in "clean" (ie, nekkid) so there won't be duplicate items.
2. Some of the overly-grand dialogue.
[Suggestion] I used to do literature and a bit of drama in school, and one of the best lessons I learnt then was "less can sometimes be more". I know the dialogue is meant to be dramatic in some parts, but over-reliance on the grandiose parts (especially by the Brother of Shadow and Darth Revan) actually detracts from the game-playing experience because the conversation gets too "rambly" and disrupts flow. Deliver only the words that need to be said and let the audience - the gamers - make the rest of the connections in their heads.

Overall BOS was a sublime mod, and I look forward to playing the next instalment! Keep up the great work! :)
 Darth Ravage
04-14-2009, 11:59 PM
My game crashes after putting the robes that make you look like revan. The ones Matilda gives you on the Orion.
 Rodan100919
04-16-2009, 9:41 PM
K, I just downloaded the Brotherhood of Shadows mod, & got past the Leviathan, started the main quest for the mod, found the artifact, & got into this white room with Daemon Drexel, & he is unconscious. The red guy already appeared & attacked me. Daemon Drexel is silent & I've been walking around the white room for about 30min trying to find a way out. I've got the latest patch, reinstalled it, & I have little mods installed. Is it a system problem, or a I'm Stupid problem? PLZ help! :confused: & :mad:
 Nick Vader
04-20-2009, 1:26 PM
I had the same problem. What u have to do , is load your autosave and replay it until that spot. Once u talk to the ghost, do not click and press the answers in numbers. And once the fight is over, don't move or press anything !!! the dialog should begin ( a new one. ).
 Rodan100919
04-20-2009, 6:02 PM
I had the same problem. What u have to do , is load your autosave and replay it until that spot. Once u talk to the ghost, do not click and press the answers in numbers. And once the fight is over, don't move or press anything !!! the dialog should begin ( a new one. ).
Thanks!:thmbup1: I'll try this once I get my game disk back.
 FaZzZa99
04-23-2009, 5:05 AM
From what i have seen, Mandalore is missing the tubes on the bottom of his helmet
 Rodan100919
04-23-2009, 6:19 PM
Thanks!:thmbup1: I'll try this once I get my game disk back.

YES! It works, Thanks guys!:thmbup1:
 jeb2104
05-20-2009, 1:50 AM
I know this issue has come up before, but I wonder if there's been any progress...Has anyone here managed to get this mod up and running on a mac? Ive heard it _can_ be done.

The prologue quest worked fine on my ancient powerbook G4 running 10.4.11, but when I agree to go the Orion with Ponda (the Bith in the Tatooine cantina) the game freezes on the 'saving' screen.

I have freshly installed KotOR and BoS 1.07 (using Silver's 2da files compiled for the mac) with no other mods/restorations at all to make sure this problem is not due to some kind of a mod conflict. It's not.

Ideas? Suggestions?

Many thanks,
J
 Marius Fett
05-21-2009, 6:07 PM
IIRC, custom modules don't work in the OS X version of KotOR. That's why the prologue worked for you, as it takes place in the 'stock' areas.

Ive heard it _can_ be done.

I'm no expert, but it sounds to me like you may have been misinformed.
Page: 10 of 10