Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

[REL]Holowan Plugin

Page: 7 of 10
 Addlcove
08-19-2006, 6:55 AM
^^^
Addlcove,

Well, the Master Khardon Emitter, Vrellite Intensity Lens and Coyonite Energy Cell are all from both RedHawke and myself's Prestige Item Pack mod and I believe the Nanoweave Overlay and Underlay were a part of one of Darkkenders mods. Both of which mods were a part of the plug-in, so to answer one of your questions, yes they are from the plug-in. However, I can't speak for the plug-in as I did not put it together, but as far as the upgrades from the Prestige Item Pack, I can confirm that it is not a problem with those items .uti files, as both RH and myself have play tested that mod thouroughly.

The strange things is I can see the items in my inventory, only when I go into workbench to upgrade the weapon/armor that they are not available.
 Mav
08-19-2006, 7:04 AM
The strange things is I can see the items in my inventory, only when I go into workbench to upgrade the weapon/armor that they are not available.

Well, I highly doubt that anything from this compilation would cause a problem like that, unless it has something to do with wha tyou are trying to upgrade i.e. a weapon that wasn't meant to be upgraded, but with lightsabers and armor I don't see that happening. However, keep in mind that not all items are compatible with each other, for example certain armor may not be able to use said upgrade. It is also possible, depending on where you are in the game, that you simply can't use the upgrade yet, certain things created at the workbench require your PC to have certain abilities and it's possible that if you don't meet those requirements the game wont let you use the item. I don't remember encountering anything like that, but I suppose it is possible, in short I'm just as baffled as you :p.

Darkkender visits the boards pretty much daily so he should see your post and hopefully he'll have a little more insight.
 Addlcove
08-19-2006, 7:27 AM
Well, I highly doubt that anything from this compilation would cause a problem like that, unless it has something to do with wha tyou are trying to upgrade i.e. a weapon that wasn't meant to be upgraded, but with lightsabers and armor I don't see that happening. However, keep in mind that not all items are compatible with each other, for example certain armor may not be able to use said upgrade. It is also possible, depending on where you are in the game, that you simply can't use the upgrade yet, certain things created at the workbench require your PC to have certain abilities and it's possible that if you don't meet those requirements the game wont let you use the item. I don't remember encountering anything like that, but I suppose it is possible, in short I'm just as baffled as you :p.

Darkkender visits the boards pretty much daily so he should see your post and hopefully he'll have a little more insight.

deleted all mods, reinstalling now :)

first fixes, then USM then Holowan, should sort it out, I hope
 Darkkender
08-20-2006, 1:44 AM
If you can let us know which lightsaber you are trying to add those too I can try to take a look. Also the Nanoweave underlayment and overlayments are from one of Redhawke's first Item pack mods for TSL.
 Addlcove
08-20-2006, 9:21 AM
deleting all mods and only installing fixes, USM and Holowan worked, only problem now is I get booted everytime I try to enter the "visionquest" on khoriban
 Spec-K
08-20-2006, 10:43 PM
Seems I'm spending a lot of time here recently... hmm...

Anyway, I was curious as to what the following files included in the HP do exactly:

209tel.are
211tel.are
371nar.are
510ond.are
702kor.are
903mal.are
905mal.are

I know .are file have to do with in-game areas (i think), but I'd like to know what these specific files do. Getting rid of the 211tel.are file fixes one the swoop racing bugs on Telos (you can manage to get passed the obstacles now but I'm still lifted up off the track when I shift gears at the start), but since there isn't any swoop racing on Korriban or Malacore I'm at a loss as to what the ***mal.are and 702kor.are files do. I don't see the files mentioned in and readme's in the HP credits (first place I checked) and I can't find reference to them in the forums...

I'd appreciate any info offered

UPDATE - I'm sure that the files 211tel.are, 371nar.are and 510ond.are files correspond to the swoop tracks. I stumbled upon Darth333's easy swoop racing mod and the files included in it all match the mentioned .are files, although Darth333's aren't .are files (they have the extension .lyt). I'm still up near the ceiling on the Telos track, which is a problem I can't seem to fix...
 Darkkender
08-21-2006, 3:39 AM
ARE files are part of any module file. I had included various fix type mods by TK102 in the plugin which is where those files came from as an attempt to make it pre-compatible with the TSLRP. However it's been over a year and still no TSLRP and likely the compatibilities will have to be re-doe all over again. One of the reasons there are likely problems with the ARE files is if different modules are using the same one. Not that this is likely but re-using the same module files from one module to the next is not unheard of in TSL. When I get around to finishing the version 2 of the HP I plan to package the ARE and GIT file floating in the HP overide into the actual module files that they belong too.
 Addlcove
09-12-2006, 2:26 PM
still getting booted in the visions cave on koriban, any ideas?

Okay found the error.

Is there any way to combine the global.jrl from Holowan with the global.jrl from

Lonna Vash mod
Version 1.2
Author: Sikon

? please tell me yes :)
 Darkkender
09-12-2006, 4:55 PM
global.jrl is a simple GFF file so yes it is easy to merge.
 Addlcove
09-12-2006, 5:12 PM
ok, how? :)
 GrimShadow
10-31-2006, 4:14 AM
Don't mean to bump the topic, but is there any other place to get the patch? I only saw a link to pcgamemods, which has been down for quite some time now.
 Darkkender
10-31-2006, 5:31 PM
We have a pcgamemods link request thread in the mod request forums. I believe the Holowan Plugin Patch has had it's link provided previously.
 Maul007
11-01-2006, 2:47 AM
i got some problems with the mod it crashes when at dxun temple
 Darkkender
11-03-2006, 1:19 AM
Have you installed the 2 patches listed in the first post? If not you will get a crash when certain modules load.
 Liberi Fatali37
11-05-2006, 3:32 AM
Hi, this is my first post! (yay for me) I have a problem with the Holowan labs plugin. In the plugin, there is a mod that makes Mandalore not have his helmet on, and reveals Canderous. It is really annoying, and I cant find the files for it. Can someone give me the file names for the Mandalore-No-Helmet Mod please. Thank you!

[]Edit[] I found out the problem, it was an armor, and the apperance.2da file. I am not able to edit scripts, so I cant fix my problem. Can someone please edit it for me so that Mandalore has his helmet... or send me their appearance.2DA?

Mod Edit: I'm really sorry no one is responding to your issue Liberi Fatali37, but we do not allow the 'bumping' of topics. I have deleted the 'bump' posts. Unfortunately we also cannot make anyone answer you. The best thing I can offer you is to send a Private Message (PM) to Darkkender and ask him for assistance. -RH
 helldevil
11-14-2006, 6:43 PM
I am having the same problem with the 2da files, they are conflicting with other 2da files and I don't know how to edit them so can somebody help me too please.
 katana18
11-15-2006, 10:56 AM
Holy ****. All I did was press my launcher, and already I love this mod. I'll keep you updated as I try it with other mods. I'm seeing if it'll work with oldflash's Final Touch.
 Darth Reign
11-25-2006, 6:32 PM
I was wondering if there will be an update to this awsome mod? I noticed a few conflicts.
 DarkDiablos
11-26-2006, 7:26 AM
A question. Kriea, i take her normal clothes off and give her some other jedi robes, she turns either into a young woman with red hair or a man with grey hair and blue eyes depending on what clothes she wears. Is this supposed to happen?
 katana18
11-28-2006, 10:03 AM
probably mixup with the models is my guess. Did you replace/remove any appearance files? As far as I know, this mod hates anything that conflicts with it.
 DarkDiablos
11-28-2006, 2:54 PM
I think i did hmm, dont really want to restart and try to remember what mods i added to HP the 1st time. Hmm, I'll have to see.

Edited:

Right, i have not overwritten any appearance files, i just need to find out if this mod is using the same files as the mod i 'might' of put in as well, its kreias colour robes thing, by chainz i think, e.g put mukatai robes on the silly cow and she goes green, her robe colour i mean. Any one got a suggestion on how to see if they have the same files in a quick way? Cheers.
 Darkkender
11-28-2006, 4:12 PM
I've been trying to get the time to get back to it however I've been building a version of the Plugin with the TSL-Patcher. So as to further avoid conflicts.
 DarkDiablos
11-28-2006, 4:35 PM
Ah ok, gd, love your work btw!! So are you going to add any new stuff to it?
 Darkkender
11-28-2006, 7:22 PM
I think there was one or 2 mods however most people I have inquired with have remained closed mouthed with permission either way of a yes or no.
 The Source
11-29-2006, 9:45 AM
I think there was one or 2 mods however most people I have inquired with have remained closed mouthed with permission either way of a yes or no.
I have DAP all setup for the TSL Patcher. Once I have an official release made, I will send you a link to the files. Please, feel free to incorporate the new version into the Holowan Plug-In. Since I am utilizing the TSL Patcher, I am getting more and more familiar with its exploits. Stoffe did an awsome job in developing such an essential tool for modding. I have one more dialouge to design, and then one module to finish up. All of my other modules are packed to go, so this could be about two weeks out.

This way, people will get a stand-alone version (my release), and they will get one that is apart of an anthology of mods (your release). :)

I owed you one anyway. :)

Suggestion:
I would get a hold of Mr. ChAinZ.2da, and see if he would allow you to incorporate his Kreia mod. :)
 Darkkender
11-29-2006, 5:08 PM
I'm sure I can butter up my southern fried Nutz job of a pal the 2da man. :D
 ChAiNz.2da
11-30-2006, 10:26 AM
I'm sure I can butter up my southern fried Nutz job of a pal the 2da man. :D
As always bro.. you've got my "go ahead" :D

The version I have up over at FileFront (http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filefront.com/file/Kreias_Assorted_Robe_Collection;66487) is the latest greatest patched version.. I'm still too lazy to update the darn thing on my own site.. hehehe :xp:
 The Source
11-30-2006, 5:10 PM
As always bro.. you've got my "go ahead" :D

The version I have up over at FileFront (http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filefront.com/file/Kreias_Assorted_Robe_Collection;66487) is the latest greatest patched version.. I'm still too lazy to update the darn thing on my own site.. hehehe :xp:
Lol...

Welcome to my site! Oh, by the way. I was too lazy to update my own site that I updated my own stuff on another person's site. Hehehe...
(^^^^ This sounded better in my head.) :)

@ Darkkender -
If you have any issues with DAP, please feel free to speakup about it. I have no problem in making small alterations, so they can function with your anthology. Independatly, people will get the mod as is. When it comes with your anthology, I am williing to tweak some stuff for you. Just say the 'word'.

I will send you the mod by the second or third week in December. I just need to get my homework done for the semester. You can throw out all the files, which came with the original mod. I will search LucasForums.com for the thread, so you know what files to ditch. Everything in the original design has been relabled, designated, or editted in some way. Therefore, the older files are useless.

I am also going to make sure that people will have no problem updating the files you get, so I can make changes at a later date. Therefore, everything will be compatible. Plus, I am using the TSL Patcher. :)
 Darkkender
11-30-2006, 6:09 PM
No ruch Mac you can PM me with links of all of the DAP related materials when you get a chance.
 cirge769
12-05-2006, 2:41 AM
I've downloaded the holowan plug-in. Everything is working great until I got on the Harbinger in Peragus. The sith assissins are invisible...I literally can't see them or attack them. So they just kill me and the rest of my crew...HELP!!!
 Anakin Skywalker
12-05-2006, 7:43 AM
What happens if you attack? Does the Game crash? I've had that problem too, but the only way to fix it is to take out the mod the only solution in game is to go into Stealth Mode and run around doin what you need and Leaving the Harbinger as soon as possible.....

BTW Welcome to the Forums

Also, this belongs in Holowan, and NOT Taris Upper City
 Darkkender
12-05-2006, 2:07 PM
What happens if you attack? Does the Game crash? I've had that problem too, but the only way to fix it is to take out the mod the only solution in game is to go into Stealth Mode and run around doin what you need and Leaving the Harbinger as soon as possible.....

If it is Plugin related this question does belong here and not at Holowan as that is the main purpose of the release threads among other purposes.

@cirge769. Are you running with the game patched current as I had this problem pre-TSLpatch. Also have you included the plugin patches and fixes listed in the first post. If so can you tell me what appearance you are using and what items you have in your inventory since this is rather early in the game I'm thinking it is likely to be an actual game glitch and not a glitch of the mod. Mostly since the game has numerous unresolved glitches to this day.
 Jaraen
12-19-2006, 6:28 AM
Heyo,

this is a great mod, but could someone please upload the patch at a site that works ?
Rapidshare or something else, Pcgamemods is down for months now and i would like to have an appearance.2da file thats fixed :)

Thanks

ps: English is not my native language
 Darkkender
12-19-2006, 2:33 PM
In the modding Requests section there is a thread for pcgamemods links. I believe there is a link to the patch there. Infact check the first post

http://www.lucasforums.com/showpost.php?p=2129359&postcount=1)
 Jaraen
12-19-2006, 2:36 PM
Thank you so much Master Darkkender :)
 RedHawke
12-20-2006, 12:23 AM
In the modding Requests section there is a thread for pcgamemods links. I believe there is a link to the patch there. Infact check the first post

http://www.lucasforums.com/showpost.php?p=2129359&postcount=1)
I placed the direct PCGM link in the first post in this thread... you should have already done this DK. :tsk: :xp:
 Darkkender
12-20-2006, 2:45 PM
I placed the direct PCGM link in the first post in this thread... you should have already done this DK. :tsk: :xp:

I got caught up by a call at work yesterday when trying to update this and then forgot, but I was trying to do it. :( (We need a cowering emoticon.)

You did notice the :xp: smily? Right? This indicates I was kidding you about it. ;) -RH
 The Source
12-20-2006, 3:27 PM
I will send you a link to DAP in about two weeks.
 Darth Seraph
12-31-2006, 1:10 PM
i know its a sily question but ... what this plugin does ?? 160 mb its a huge mod !! can some1 tell me what this huge plugin does ?? plx !!
 Darkkender
12-31-2006, 2:45 PM
The first post covers much of what the plugin does. It provides the player with over 100 new choices of selectable PC and includes many of the more popular TSL mods and makes them compatible. If your big on playing mods and playing alot of them then the Plugin really should be at the top of the list weather you are playing K1 and using T7's Plugin or K2 and using mine. Many of the more popular K2 mods that were released right after K2 was released are a part of this mod including many of Prime, Redhawke, Drazin, & many other well known modders.
 The Source
12-31-2006, 3:58 PM
i know its a sily question but ... what this plugin does ?? 160 mb its a huge mod !! can some1 tell me what this huge plugin does ?? plx !!
The size of this mod is a testament to what is inside. Darkkender was kind enough to pull together some of the coolest mods created for KotOR II. You can consider this mod the canniblization of several mods. When this mod was released, I thought it was a pretty cool idea. I still think all their hardwork paid off. Kudos to the Dark one. :)
 Madman100
01-01-2007, 2:17 PM

Same problem here. The stealth mode solution doesn't work, it requires your party members to be conscious for you to change area. If i take the files out of my Override folder it makes no difference, even if I clean the whole folder out.

@cirge769. Are you running with the game patched current as I had this problem pre-TSLpatch. Also have you included the plugin patches and fixes listed in the first post. If so can you tell me what appearance you are using and what items you have in your inventory since this is rather early in the game I'm thinking it is likely to be an actual game glitch and not a glitch of the mod. Mostly since the game has numerous unresolved glitches to this day.

I've had the same problem. To try and resolve it I patched my TSL. It made no difference. I had the patched version of the plugin when it occured. It's really odd though, when Atton and Kreia attack them they get poisoned and die. But whenever you (not just the exile, the character you're controlling) damages the assassins, it crashes. What else is odd is that the target thing with the 3 actions is the colour of a non-hostile NPC.
 Darkkender
01-02-2007, 3:19 PM
I have my suspicions this might be a glitch in the script that drives the assasins to de-cloak. Frequently I have found in both K1 and K2 the more things the game is trying to manage the more it has a tendancy to glitch on the firing of a script. Some of these glitches are also caused by the placement of trigger files in the game modules themselves. I could be wrong but the only thing I believe that was even changed for the sith assasins there was there utc files. However it could be a timing issue within the script virtual machine of the game engine as it might be assigning priority to the K_ai_master script firing from the hardcore mod beefing up the assasins and assigning low priority to the script that drives the de-cloak of the assasins. If this is the case I'm not sure what I could do other than remove the hardcore mod script.

If you could post a link to a savegame giving you this result prior to entering the Harbinger it would be helpful. Also when you post your link make sure to note what other mods are installed with the plugin.
 Corn Flakes
01-03-2007, 6:05 PM
This mod, I think, has issues with Wrist Console 1.9 and Hak Pad. When I equip the Wrist Console, it just doesn't read it, like it isn't equipped. Plus, every time I try to activate the Hak Pad, it does the animation, but, that's it. Both ddon't work. Any help here.

Oh, by the way, beautiful mod!
 Darkkender
01-03-2007, 6:32 PM
It sounds like there is a conflict occuring with the spells.2da file. It might be that the TSLpatcher(assuming your using this properly) might be setting something wrong or not compiling the scripts properly for these mods. As these are not my mods and knowing that they use the patcher you might want to report this problem to these mods developers directly as well.
 Corn Flakes
01-03-2007, 6:34 PM
I am using the pather correctly, and it runs just fine (the patching). I'm gonna try using a .2da merger to resolve this conflict. Back with more details later.

Update: It's having a problem merging the two files. What mods in this plugin use the spells.2da file?
 ChAiNz.2da
01-04-2007, 9:15 AM
@Corn Flakes

Make sure you're installing the Hak Pad last.. since it uses the patcher it shouldn't conflict with HP since it will append rather than overwrite.

Not accusing you, but I've seen many people install Hak Pad then overwrite their spells.2da with another mod, thus making the Hak Pad useless. I'm not sure.. but mrdefender's wrist console uses the patcher as well.. so make sure to install our mods after Holowan Plugin. :)

If you use a .2da merger program.. be sure to make appropriate changes to the Hak Pad's & Wrist Console's .uti files since they will be looking for lines (spells.2da) that are no longer where they should be. ;)
 HouseOfAmon
01-07-2007, 8:09 AM
I don't know if this has been mentioned or not, but in the 1.05 version, all the files are in the folder overide, when it should be override, and if you are not paying attention, and just drag and drop that folder into the swkotor2 directory, well, lets just say the game crashes beautifully when you try to play it...hehe..

My own fault really, for not reading more closely..

Anyways, you may want to rename that folder in future releases, if there are any..

BTW, its looking cool so far, I like the new music, and launcher, Im just now about to start a new game, but the character choices are looking nice, btw, do they all have working dark side transitions? Anyways, good work on the mod, Im gonna go give it try..

Peace.
 HouseOfAmon
01-07-2007, 10:36 AM
Holowan Plugin v1.05 + Patches, 1.0, TGA, Mavs Patch
====================================

Installed Mods
===============

1. High Level Force Powers (Both)
2. Improved AI
3. Combat Sim Arena v4
4. Floating Lightsaber v2
5. Kolto Chamber(Ebon Hawk)
6. Sions Force Regen
7. Lightsaber On/Off Switch v1.2
8. Revans Mask v1.0a
9. Wrist Console 1.9
10. Mira/Hanhaar Choice
11. Various Team Gizka Bug Fixes

-----------------------------

Problems..
===========
1. The cutscene that shows the harbinger docking at peragus didn't play when I was walking around outside the airlock. The Atton conversation that triggers the cutscene didnt play either, of course..

1a. Due to the problem above, kreia won't join your party, instead of the we must move quickly cutscene it plays when you leave the dorm level, it plays the scene you get when you just go back and talk to her(I keep hearing your voice, Stay here, blah).

2. Lots of "Ebon Hawk Inventory" logs, I have found 7 so far, but according to the log, only a few items were recovered, so this many people should not have this log.

3. Even though I shut off the ventilation in both dorms, the gas is still venting into the room, but, its not hurting my character.. Seems to be only a visual problem..

4. Not sure if this was intentional or not, but T3's portrait was all white washed looking, like he was standing in a cloud of smoke, or something..

-------------------------------------

If someone knows what variables I need to set to bypass the first problem via KSE, that would be nice, I would like to continue playing the game despite the bugs I have found so far.. So, anyone?

Merged with Mods release/feedback thread. -RH
 Darkkender
01-07-2007, 10:51 AM
I know that Number 4 is definately a Plugin Problem of sorts. I had replaced T3's Photo with a Photo from one of the T3 skins I was making. The screenshot for the photo was taken in the character screen where the character is surrounded by the smoke that changes color depending on your alignment.

I'm not sure what you mean by the Inventory logs for number 2.

#1 & #3 actually strike me as actual in game glitches. The reason being that I didn't change anything in those places. I'm not sure if you missed the trigger for the cutscene or what. And the gas I have no doubt that the game itself glitched on that one. As we all know there wouldn't be a TSLRP if the game released working perfect. I'm of assuming of coarse that you have the actual TSL 1.0b patch installed.
Page: 7 of 10