Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

[REL]Holowan Plugin

Page: 8 of 10
 Master Michael
01-08-2007, 8:26 AM
I too found six or seven dead guys on Peragus, that had the "Ebon Hawk Inventory" logs and the Hoth Robes. But not the Lightsaber... Is that the lightsaber found on the dead guy in the morgue??
 HouseOfAmon
01-08-2007, 9:38 AM
Ok, I do have the 1.0b patch, so, what I did was, I removed all the mods, and re-installed everything, except for the following...

1. Improved AI
2. Kreia's Assorted Robes (I only removed this due to a skin included in your mod for kreia, I doubt it caused the bug)
3. Team Gizka Bug Fixes

The cutscene finally played after doing this.. So I think it was probably one of those mods, rather than a game bug, because I have beat the game probably 20+ times, and never had that happen before..

So, at any rate, its working now, but I would ask that you look into making those mods compatible especially the bug fixes, they fix all kinds of bugs, like the fuel for telos bug, the criminal quest, the "betrayal" bug, the bug at the telos academy, where if you surrender right away it breaks the dialog, etc, etc,..

Just check out team gizka's web site, in the downloads section, theres like 20 bug fixes..

Anyways, thanks for the replies..

Peace.

EDIT: As for the logs, it was on a guy titled dock officer, and as for the lightsaber, and robes, like they guy who posted before me said, I only found a lightsaber in the morgue, and I didn't even get the Hoth robes, just some repair parts from the guy with the "Ebon Hawk Inventory" log..

The T3 portrait really doesn't bother me, I just was unsure if it was intentional or not, because it was,... different.. ;)

I really like the Droid Paint Job mod, who made that and whats it called, I didn't see it in the credits.

Anyways, really cool mod so far, I like all the extra goodies I have found so far.. I will be sure to post back if I run into any other problems, would hate to see any sneak into v2.. hehe.. :)
 Darkkender
01-08-2007, 3:21 PM
When I built the plugin I had made it compatible with the TSLRP bug fixes that were released at that time so that might also be where some of your glitches came from as your overwriting files that were made compatible or made similiar fixes.

As to the Datapads saying Ebon Hawk Invetory log.(now that I understand what your refering to) There was a problem relating to the Hoth robe mod overwriting corpses in different modules. So to fix the problem I merged the inventory of all of these corpses which of course produced the multiple datapads instance. Later when people complained I made the robes buildable on the custom workbench on the Ebon Hawk. Many people felt there was too many lightsabers in the beginning because of this situation. Since the actual fix needed to prevent this is the deletion of a file which means a release of the entire mod in it's 150MB+ capacity I deemed it worthy of waiting untill I released the 2nd version.

The Droid Paint Job mod is my work for the most part. Some of the skins were works created by other modders however the engineering behind getting it to work is my doing. I plan to have some improved and better looking skins in the new version of the Plugin. The title of the droid paint job mod is "Painted Droid Armors". You can find it in the release section here.
 sotho1
01-11-2007, 10:49 AM
First excuse my bad english. it is not my mother language. After downloading this big
mod & all updates, i have rename my old override and install this mod. it was the first time that i have play the game without a crash.
Thanks !!
only what i have do, i used my own uti`s and my own itemcreate.2da after i have change some to the new wapon and lightsaber models. Also Aton is to begin a Assasin with his own Saber befor the Exile will made him a nice Jedi after a time again.
 Darkkender
01-12-2007, 4:48 PM
First excuse my bad english. it is not my mother language. After downloading this big
mod & all updates, i have rename my old override and install this mod. it was the first time that i have play the game without a crash.
Thanks !!
only what i have do, i used my own uti`s and my own itemcreate.2da after i have change some to the new wapon and lightsaber models. Also Aton is to begin a Assasin with his own Saber befor the Exile will made him a nice Jedi after a time again.

I understand you have difficulties speaking english however I'm unsure as to how to help you.

Are you trying to make a Atton able to use a Lightsaber before becoming a Jedi?
 sotho1
01-12-2007, 6:03 PM
Yes Darkkender. He was an Sith Killer. Though he will know to us a Lightsaber an maybe have an Saber from a killed Jedi.
Sorry about my english. it is a long time ago that i have talk or wrote in this language.
 WhiteRevan
01-13-2007, 2:36 PM
Does the USM and its patches referred to in the Holowan Plugin thread refer to the Ultimate Saber Mod or the Ultimate Sound Mod?

While I'm on the subject of the Holowan Plugin, is it compatible with Shem's Super Enhanced mods and Increased Stuff (all starting Stats at 18) mod?

When I extract stuff using RAR it creates a subfolder inside Override containing all the extracted stuff. Should I copy/paste the contents of the subfolders up one level into Override or will they perform anyway?

Thanks. Not 900 years old yet, but good looking none the less.
 Darkkender
01-13-2007, 4:08 PM
The USM is known on the community level as the "Ultimate Saber Mod". Also the Ultimate sound mod came out after the Holowan Plugin and USM. So compatibility for the sound mod and Shem's Super Enhanced mod are not guarunteed. The new versions of the Plugin however will actually include those mods to a degree so they will be compatible.

The contents of the Override folder in the Plugin should be copied directly to your override folder and avoiding subfolders as this might cause incompatibility glitches.
 WhiteRevan
01-13-2007, 7:41 PM
Great collection of mods. Thank you. Well, I comletely reinstalled KOTOR2, auto-updated it to UK 2.1 then got the Holowan Plugin installed and it seems to be working fine. Love the launcher btw. The Ultimate Sound Mod works fine and I don't need the super stats mod because it is included as your "easter Egg" thanks. I started a new game with the Alec Guiness head for a Consul. The corpse in the morgue gave up a plasma torch and Anakin's Ep3 Saber. There are lots of dead Dock Officers carrying data pads saying they found the exiles robes and saber and want to sell them, but I cannot find them anywhere on Peragus. Other Exile start up mods listed in the credits have not yet appeared. So, my question:

When installing the Plugin am I supposed to pick and choose which mods I want? All I did was copy/paste the dlg.tlk file and the folders contents into their respective game folders assuming that all the mods would be active simultaneously. Yet the metal box full of goodies that is supposed to appear in the medical storage room is not there, the security locker has three ion grenades as always and nothing more, for example.

So far, the PC heads work, the robes-workbench is good, the enemies are tough Sonsabitches and I got a saber at the start plus full 18 stats across the board, so some mods work but I think something is wrong. Other items I expected to find in the game (I really don't like give-item cheats) cannot be found. Please advise. Only 860 years to go until I'm as good looking as Yoda.
 Darkkender
01-13-2007, 8:57 PM
I'm not sure why alot of the placeable's aren't giving you your stuff as usually things spawn proper for me. However As I have mentioned just a few posts above the multiple datapads thing was the result from the Hoth robes mod. I believe the plugin patch fixed this or at least worked around this but your still going to have more datapads than gear. Also many of the things that the Holowan Plugin provides can be built at the workbench in the handmaidens cargohold as that was where they got put. However be advised if your level and skills aren't high enough you won't even see many of the things that you can build.
 DrizzLorn
01-17-2007, 1:48 AM
dunno if the problem i'm having is mod related or not, but when you leave pelagis or whatever.. it just won't load. Aton just sits there typing on his computer/controls to the ebon hawk forever, any ideas?
 Darkkender
01-18-2007, 11:26 PM
dunno if the problem i'm having is mod related or not, but when you leave pelagis or whatever.. it just won't load. Aton just sits there typing on his computer/controls to the ebon hawk forever, any ideas?

Is the Plugin the only thing you have installed? If not what other mods do you have installed. I suspect the problem is probably caused by a scripted cutscene not firing right.
 Master Michael
01-19-2007, 3:03 AM
Dumb question, perhaps, but... Have you chosen your destination on the galaxy map like Atton told you? And perhaps talked to Kreia?
 Light of the Fey
01-20-2007, 4:41 PM
Alrighty. I have a few mods that I would like to add to this but when I do the came crashes when you go to the temple on Dxun. When you need to fight on Onderon.

I like these:

Highlevel Force Powers v2.1 http://www.pcgamemods.com/mod/13294.html)

Female Underware Mod v1.0 http://www.pcgamemods.com/mod/10664.html)

Combat Simulation Arena v3.0 http://www.pcgamemods.com/mod/15360.html)

TSL Kreia's Assorted Robes http://www.pcgamemods.com/mod/18688.html)

Remote Unlimited http://www.pcgamemods.com/mod/18618.html)

Female Twi'lek Exile Appearance (1.1) http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filefront.com/file/Female_Twilek_Exile_Appearance;67084)

And some others...are there any mods that would cause the mod to crash in Onderon?

Also...what is "The USM"?
 sotho1
01-21-2007, 1:20 AM
i have install all these mods without Female Twi'lek Exile Appearance (1.1). Here these all works.
 Light of the Fey
01-21-2007, 2:26 AM
Strange...Thats not cool.
 sotho1
01-21-2007, 7:12 AM
Also i have install USM, Final Touch, Tomb of Azgath N'Dul. All these works. My problem is The Dark Apprentice, but that is an other thread.
 Master Michael
01-21-2007, 1:48 PM
Also...what is "The USM"?

The USM = Ultimate Saber Mod, A collection of new fancy looking lightsaber hilts and crystals.
 Ace_Pilot
01-21-2007, 9:34 PM
Originally Posted by Love_of_the_owl: Alrighty. I have a few mods that I would like to add to this but when I do the came crashes when you go to the temple on Dxun. When you need to fight on Onderon.

Well from what I know the game crashes going to the temple with the Holowan Plugin. (At least when I had it installed with a few other things) Best thing I would do is save before going to Dxun again to do the temple mission with no items that would cause the game to crash. (EX: anything that has an outfit that would change somthing with appearance.2da) Or better yet if you can remove everything in the override folder. Beat the Dxun Temple. Save then put the mods back in the override and continue playing when you storm the Onderon Palace.
 Light of the Fey
01-23-2007, 1:21 PM
What? It happened to you too? Ok thats messed up they should have warned us about the Dxun Temple Crash! I'm so ticked...I had to reinstall my game 5 times trying to get Holowan to work! I am never trusting their stuff again...
 Ace_Pilot
01-23-2007, 4:37 PM
Well its not a matter of trust. I trust the Holwan its just that we might have had somthing that could have caused the problem. Its just unfortunate that we had a problem. Also its not to hard just to beat the temple without the mod then put it back in. From my experiance just make a backup folder of all your mods EXCEPT the holowan plugin and just put it in when it comes time for dxun. Also I have had a problem with the Holowan Plugin with the Korriban Cave not loading simmilar to the Dxun problem.
 General Kenobi
01-23-2007, 7:26 PM
At least with the original Holowan Plugin for KII I worked on with Darkkender there were no issues with the Freedon Naad temple. I've played through that area tons of times off and on with a CRAP LOAD of mods installed with no issues. Not sure if theres a later release or not but at least with the original mine played fine coupled like I said with USM and a bunch of others.

:ben:
General Kenobi
 Ace_Pilot
01-25-2007, 8:12 PM
Well I use the latest version of Holowan Plugin (TSL Holowan Plugin v1.05 from Jumpstationz.com) Along with the USM and as far as I can tell the Holowan Plugin causes a crash when you try to start the Dxun temple battle and the Koriban Allignment cave (I dont know the name but is module 711KOR) But when I removed all the Holowan Plugin Components and put in my other mods. (USM, and a few Redhawke things) Everything worked just fine.
 Darkkender
01-25-2007, 11:46 PM
Well I use the latest version of Holowan Plugin (TSL Holowan Plugin v1.05 from Jumpstationz.com) Along with the USM and as far as I can tell the Holowan Plugin causes a crash when you try to start the Dxun temple battle and the Koriban Allignment cave (I dont know the name but is module 711KOR) But when I removed all the Holowan Plugin Components and put in my other mods. (USM, and a few Redhawke things) Everything worked just fine.

If all you have installed for the plugin is V1.05 from jumpstationz then you need to download the 2 fixes listed in the first post of this thread. There you will also read that v1.05 is the same as v1.03. All that version relates to is which site uploaded it. v1.04 was reserved for Lucasfiles which I never got around to getting submitted there. All of the Dxun crash problems seem to be resolved after people have installed both fixes.
 Master Michael
01-26-2007, 2:30 AM
I run Holowan Plugin 1.05 with USM and DAP:HC, and had no troubles with Dxun and Freedon Nadd's Tomb.
 WhiteRevan
01-29-2007, 9:56 AM
Guys, first thanks for a great plug in. I have a couple of questions, though. The "force thermal detonator" spell will not advance past level one. No matter what class I play I cannot get the second and third levels of this spell. Please advise.

The assassins on the Harbinger first had sabers but the game locked up at Ludo Kresh's tomb. Applied a patch and fixed the tomb problem, but then the assassins on the Harbinger went back to using staffs and pikes. No big deal.

Atton's dark side robes kill him when he wears them. They instantly knock at least 2/3rds off his hitpoints. They immediately come back when you put different robes/armor on him. Why is this?

Spoilt for choice for sabers. As many additions do not stack in sabers the "exile's full name" crystal becomes redundant when used with prestige sabers.

No matter what armor you give Bao-Dur or the Maul PC the character's graphic remains the same: the utility suit.

I just started a game as a female PC but the Handmaiden joined the crew! At least I got Battle Precognition out of it! Also, the Bladesinger robes do not appear on the PC, just regular clothing.

Revans Robes, Darkkender's Robes and the Star Forge Robes usually appear as gold PVC, if they appear at all.

How can I get to Visas to kill herself on the Ravager?

How can I get the exile to stay on Malachor and take over the Academy?

Does the Lost Jedi appear anywhere else after Telos?

In any future TSL plug-in compilations please add the Ultimate Sounds Mod and the Movies Music Mod. It feels like I'm playing Baldur's Gate or some other medieval fantasy FRP at the moment.

My apologies for a lot of questions in one go. It is easier to ask them all and hopefully have them all answered in one go.

Again, thanks for a great plugin.

White Revan.
 stralight
03-10-2007, 1:18 AM
what are some of the mod that you could use for the (TSL)_Holowan_Plugin_v1.05 i would really like to know could some someone please make a list?
 Bottoe
03-13-2007, 5:28 PM
For some reason i can download this mod from jumpstationz
 Eefluxx
04-21-2007, 8:28 PM
Wonderful plugin. Love the new launcher and the music with it. I really like the fact you have so many heads to choose from and not all of them are human. Great Job:)

Edit: Had a problem in the Dxun temple with one of the Sith lords not dying and I couldn't leave the temple because of it. I reread thru the threads and saw someone had a simliar problems and Stoffe had a fix for it. Basically I wanted to say thanks to Stoffe for the fix cause it worked wonderfully in the game :)
 WaShO
06-14-2007, 3:11 PM
I have a problem, when i get to the part when i need to go to the sith lord tomb on duxon, my game crashes b4 even entering the area. In the loading procedure it just crashes and i dont know why.

This is the mods i have additionally installed:
High Level Force Powers V2
FinalTouch

can any1 help?
 Timme
06-18-2007, 3:55 AM
Hello, I'm new here and I'm from Germany, so my English isn't so good.
I have a problem with the Holowan Plugin for KotOR 2.
I have the German version of Kotor 2 and the plugin will not work on Korriban. In the secret tomb while loading the game crushs.
Is there any possibility to play the plugin with the German game??

greetings
Timme
 Eefluxx
06-18-2007, 1:49 PM
Washo and Timme I think the problem is the Patch for the mod isn't available. These were two issues that surfaced when the mod was first released and a Patch was created but the link for it was at PCGamemods which is down. I have asked if anyone had this Patch but noone who does has answered. I am sorry I can't help you at this time but I had to reinstall the mod without realizing that the Patch wasn't available and have this same problem. You could try to send Darkkender and PM and se if he has the patch as that might be your best bet:)
 Echad
06-25-2007, 1:28 AM
Ok, so the fixed .tga and .dlg files can be downloaded from the first page. But the link to the Patch is for the pcgamemods, which is not working.

Please, if anyone got this patch, send a Private Mesage to me.

Edit: I PM'ed Darkkender 'bout the Patch... Still, if someone has it, tell me.
 Werelyn
06-26-2007, 3:28 PM
First off, thanks to all you guys for your hard work. I'm playing KOTOR II with the plug-in, the USM, DAP and Final Touch. So far, it feels like a new game! I have two questions:

1) It seems like the textures on some of the items is "off" (Atton's Master robes, the Nomi and Kenobi robes you can make at the Hawk workstation to name a few) is this one of those "hi-textures only for LS things? That's fine with me, I usually play LS.

2) I can't seem to get DAP to progress. I met Bastilla on Telos, then saw her on Dantooine, but both she and the Sith Master by the pad said "I'm busy. Come back later. Any ideas?

3) I'd like the Sith guards on Duxn to not be Stormtroopers (which was funny, but kind of took me out of the five-thousand years ago feel) which file(s) should I replace/overrite to put them back?

Thanks Again!

Werelyn

Edit: Ok guys, I LOVE this mod (some random crashes not withstanding) but can someone tell me which files I need to delete/change to turn the Sith Troopers back into Sith Troopers?

Don't get me wrong, I like cutting down Imperials as much as the next guy, but the presence of Stormies 5000 years before they're supposed to exist kind of takes me out of the game.

Thanks-

Werelyn

Werelyn, please do not post in the thread multiple times asking for the same thing. I have deleted your below post and combined that post with your original for now. Thanks. -RH
 Echad
06-27-2007, 3:37 AM
Only LS Textures is the game's glitch, not the mod's. And it's maybe a question about the Final Touch. ;)

I think question about DAP should go to the DAP topic. =|

And the author of this mod is currently working on the second edition, where everything will be _optional_, but the poor internet connection limits his releases. Look here: Holowan Plugin 2 Thread (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=174722) =)
 John Galt
07-05-2007, 10:58 PM
nice mod!

one question: how does the darkkender's workstation work? I can't build any items except Jedi Robes and the HK47 components. I really would like to get at the clone trooper stuff, too.
 Eefluxx
07-06-2007, 3:05 AM
John Galt, after you reach a certain level more of Darkkender's workstation opens up to let you build more items. You just have to keep leveling up:)
 Revan_Pwn_Malak
09-17-2007, 5:31 PM
Sorry to bring back a topic so old from the depths of forum purgatory, but could someone PM me a working link to the patch?
 beetlecat
09-20-2007, 11:20 PM
I was able to get it right from the first message. Maybe one of the servers was down. It was pretty darn slow, though.

Edit: Here's an actual question, too! :)

I'm having a great time running through the game again with USM and this plugin installed, but I'd like to have the 'old ' Kreia back. Is there an easy way to remove that model modification? I'm assuming it's just her 'early' character model being overridden with her later sith form.

Maybe I'll dig through the override and see what I can see.
 Revan_Pwn_Malak
09-24-2007, 3:50 PM
I can't get the pcgamemods links to work, are those the files you were able to download?
 Darkkender
09-25-2007, 8:25 AM
Use the Jumpstazionz link in my Signature for the core plugin. I also need to check with Chainz.2da if he has the patch being hosted at his site as well.
 Cain3k
10-15-2007, 5:26 AM
Probably gonna get yelled at for reviving such a long dead topic but here goes. Just wondering if anyone knows were i can find the patch to this plug-in, I've run into the crashing problem when trying to load the cave in Korriban.
 DeadlyDa
11-13-2007, 12:05 PM
So...did anyone ever find a working link to the patches for the plugin? It seems a shame that this great mod is only missing a couple of patches to be complete.
 Maruxil
11-27-2007, 5:18 PM
Anyone have a working link to the patch that they could post or PM?

Thanks in advance!
 LBM170
12-10-2007, 1:27 AM
Yep, I am looking for the patch as well, as I too have the Freedon Nadd loading crash. =/ I guess a link or PM would work for me too, since otherwise the mod is amazing!
 Darth Payne
12-10-2007, 5:44 AM
I'll join the train as well. Got the mod, not the patch.
 Agravaine
12-10-2007, 5:56 AM
same here. pcgamemods appears to be down?

Please read the PCGM FAQ (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=179623), thanks... please folks no more posts here in T.U.C.E. about links being down... we know they are and have no way to fix it. -RH
 Ztalker
12-10-2007, 6:04 AM
Agravaine wrote:
same here. pcgamemods appears to be down?

it's a legendary quote around here, actually. We don't know the reason, but several users around here have tried to save as much as possible from PCgamemods as they could. Try www.lucasfiles.com) or www.kotorfiles.com)
 Mattingly
01-09-2008, 6:22 PM
I also lack the patch. Neither www.lucasfiles.com) nor www.kotorfiles.com) nor www.jumpstaionz.com) have it.

If no one can put the patch up could someone paste the text from the patch's readme into a post here so we at least know what problems to expect/fix ourselves?

Edit: Yes, before you ask, I did read this post:http://www.lucasforums.com/showpost.php?p=1832992&postcount=65)

It says that it includes "some" details. I'm hoping the readme has more.
 ChAiNz.2da
01-10-2008, 7:30 AM
I also lack the patch.
Hey Gang!

Did some digging and it seems I have the patch. Since I host this mod over at my site, I've put the patch up for download as well. Just click the "Direct Download @ JumpStationZ" patch link located in the first post of this thread :)

Patch readme: This is a Patch for the [TSL]Holowan Plugin v1.03/1.04/1.05

This patch fixes various bugs that have arisen from the first release. The bugs are listed below.

* Spells.2da dominate mind spell was causing foul ups with other force powers. Removed this power due to this fact.
* Items were only in the one build menu for the Holowan Items workbench.
* The exile general uniforms were missing there entries in appearance.2da.
* The dlt19 rifle was not priced properly. Replaced with the more upto date versions in the upgrading dl44 mod.
* Fixed the Uthar & Bandon photo mixup.
* Fixed the photo mixup for one of the female heads that was also occuring.
* Fixed the Lost Jedi Lightsabers so that you can swap out the saber crystals.(this is a temporary fix)
* Removed the hoth robes from the dock officers corpse to be more in line with the updated version of the mod.
* Fixed visas robes so that they can now be upgradeable.
* Updated GK's Tai Pei selectable PC skin and photo.
* Fixed a texture glitch with Mav's Katana.
* Fixed the Disiples dialogue file.
* Removed the sith battle simulation conversation options from the security console dialogues.

@Darkkender, if you'd rather I not host this particular file, just let me know bro :)
Page: 8 of 10