Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

[REL]Holowan Plugin

Page: 9 of 10
 Mattingly
01-10-2008, 1:15 PM
ChAiNz.2da, you are a gentleman, a scholar and a heck of a nice guy! :D
 Beastamon
01-10-2008, 2:56 PM
Hey Gang!

Did some digging and it seems I have the patch. Since I host this mod over at my site, I've put the patch up for download as well. Just click the "Direct Download @ JumpStationZ" patch link located in the first post of this thread :)

Patch readme:

@Darkkender, if you'd rather I not host this particular file, just let me know bro :)

Excellent find ChAiNz.2da
 rabidpulse
01-11-2008, 7:40 AM
Question, I want to use this mod with the USM (ultimate saber mod) However there are some patches for the USM that have file dates which are newer than some of the files contained within the plugin. (I have all the updates for the plugin) Should I go with newer files should be kept in preference? Or keep to the plugin readme and install it overtop the USM(and patches) and overwrite the files?
 ChAiNz.2da
01-11-2008, 8:57 AM
Question, I want to use this mod with the USM (ultimate saber mod) However there are some patches for the USM that have file dates which are newer than some of the files contained within the plugin. (I have all the updates for the plugin) Should I go with newer files should be kept in preference? Or keep to the plugin readme and install it overtop the USM(and patches) and overwrite the files?
If they are the same file, it may require merging moreso than overwriting. The USM .2da patch, from memory, corrected some typos I had made, however the Holowan Plug-in patches may change more than that. If you overwrite it with the USM's .2da you might be killing something that the HP requires for some of the other mods it includes.

As daunting as it may seem, it's probably best to open each one and do a comparison to see waht, if anything, needs merging. :)
 rabidpulse
01-11-2008, 9:00 AM
Yeah, the 2da file umm, upcrystals has two extra lines it was easy to fix that, but the rest are dialog files, I mean one is 1.35mb of text. Thanks for your opinion I guess I just have to read all the readme files for the plugin and see where changes were made.
 Darth Manus
01-18-2008, 7:36 PM
I'm trying the plugin now, and I must say it looks promising. There's just one thing though... How do you change back to the original NPC appearances? Is it through the appearance.2da file? I'm used to seeing HK in his rusty red, and having Kreia on the ship with her Traya look is giving me the creeps.

EDIT: I must have done something wrong... The Star Forge Robes' hoodless model doesn't look like Star Forge Robes at all. And since I'm playing from a rather late recording, I guess I missed the part where the Handmaiden makes her own saber. I'll have to start over soon enough.

EDIT2: Fixed. By the way, I can't seem to see anything in the Ebon Hawk's security cameras. As soon as I click each of them, the image appears for a split second, vanishes and I'm sent back to the console.
 RedHawke
01-18-2008, 10:27 PM
And since I'm playing from a rather late recording, I guess I missed the part where the Handmaiden makes her own saber. I'll have to start over soon enough.
Actually most mods reccomend that you start a new game when you add them in, this mod would be no exception.
 Darth Manus
01-19-2008, 8:51 AM
I must be doing something wrong, because the maskless version of the Star Forge Robes always ends up looking like this:

http://img267.imageshack.us/img267/2153/swkotor2200801191347150gp0.th.jpg) (http://img267.imageshack.us/my.php?image=swkotor2200801191347150gp0.jpg)
EDIT: Trying it now from a prologue save and loving it so far. Just arrived on Telos. Everything seems to be working, except for Kreia skipping lines in the dialogue you have in transit. The stormtroopers at the end of Peragus were a nice surprise.
 murdrax
01-29-2008, 7:54 PM
i was wondering if a version of this can be set up that uses tslpatcher also when i unzipped the zip file i noticed the zip file says one size but unzipped its like 45k!!

i dont know whats going on but holding off on installing it cause of that!!
 EGJason
01-29-2008, 9:48 PM
Well yeah it could be set up to TSLPatch but that'd take a while because of all the changes........Trust me I've tried EVERY time my ChangeEdit crashes

Yeah

EGJason
 murdrax
01-29-2008, 11:52 PM
Well yeah it could be set up to TSLPatch but that'd take a while because of all the changes........Trust me I've tried EVERY time my ChangeEdit crashes

Yeah

EGJason

thats fine i can wait and also make sure its right dialog file for some reason when i extract 1.05 version i get a dialog extracted thats 45k way too small for a tlk file!!

Edit: i tryed looking for version on lucasartsfiles site its not listed there like this forum said it was. was gonna try downloading that and see if the tlk was was whole with that one but no dice sigh can somebody get me a working tlk file for holowan 2 because defult included in zip file seems to be bugged where it always exptracts at 45k!!

Please do not double post. Thanks. -RH
 EGJason
01-30-2008, 6:25 PM
Non-Working TLK? What other mods (if any ) do you have installed?
 Darkkender
01-30-2008, 6:27 PM
don't use the dialog.tlk file from the plugin. The readme with the patch told people to remove it. As for lucasfiles at the time I released this mod they refused to host it becasue of there file submission policy at that time, but I still reserved a version for release there in case of changes at lucasfiles.
 EGJason
01-30-2008, 6:41 PM
Hey Darkkender will you by any chance be realesing a TSLPatcher version of Holowan Plugin? Is it possible?
 Darkkender
01-30-2008, 7:01 PM
Hey Darkkender will you by any chance be realesing a TSLPatcher version of Holowan Plugin? Is it possible?

I believe there was a project called the [TSL]Holowan Plugin 2 which would answer that question. :p
 EGJason
01-30-2008, 7:02 PM
Yeah, but that doesn't have all this stuff in this mod does it??

Best Wishes
EGJason
 murdrax
01-30-2008, 8:04 PM
nevermind link isnt broken just clicked wrong one got patch files now thanks for help and time!!

Edit: okay went to try to install oberan expanded museum mod however 4 of the files in that mod are in use with holwan any chance of making compatability with it??

Edit2: okay i got 1.o5 installed found and install 1.00 patch everything seems to be working this time no longer crash at start however is there any other patches i need other than 1.00.
 DarthEsteban
02-13-2008, 11:19 PM
To the Xbox-modders out there, does the Holowan Plugin work with it?
 Darth Payne
04-15-2008, 4:51 PM
I am about to install the plug-in for the first time and was wondering what i should do as i have the following.

Holowan Plugin v1.05 (Though it says v1.03 in the readme)
Holowan Plugin Patch v1.00
Holowan Plugin 2

Any help is appreciated as i have quite a few other mods i'd like add in adition to this.
 TriggerGod
07-03-2008, 2:08 PM
Hello. Sorry for bring back this topic once again (it appears many others have before I) but I have troubles and it pertains to this mod.(?)
I currently have 3 mods, the USM (unpatched AFAIK, downloaded straight from KOTORFiles), this mod (patched. Latest version of mod) and SuperSquall's Skip Peragus.

Now my problem is that my game crashes at certain points in the game. 2 That I can't get by is when Atris takes out your old lightsaber (That I can skip thanks to the DLGEditor) and when the holorecord plays, which I can't skip. I am stuck... help? -_-
 Inyri
07-03-2008, 2:11 PM
I would be inclined to say your problem likely is with the Skip Peragus mod, although that's just speculation. I've never trusted mods like that because there are so many variables set in a large area like Peragus that it's very likely the author didn't get them all (and it's not like they're unimportant...).
 TriggerGod
07-03-2008, 2:17 PM
Alright, I'll try removing the mods again, and put them back in...

EDIT: Well, that didn't work. I followed what the read me said to over write the files of the USM (as long as the USM was installed first) and I didn't install the Skip Peragus mod. Maybe I should play through it again, as my saves might be corrupted... yeah, that might be the problem.
 Lord Dagron
07-07-2008, 1:40 PM
Awesome mod dude. downloading right now.
 linktheferret
07-10-2008, 3:02 AM
Hey, first and foremost, this has been a lot of fun. I haven't even gotten to Telos yet but I'm already amazed by the quality of all your work. I am currently also running the USM, but that's the only other one as you said they were compatible.

The only thing I had a question about, and I don't know if this is your department or the USM guys', is the lightsaber length. I got to a workstation after picking up my chars personal affects and installed one of the "signature" color crystals to change it up. Not only did it change the hilt (which isn't a problem, that still looks great) but it made the blade almost a solid 25-40% longer. Anyways, for me it just seems like too much and kind of ridiculous to have a 50-60 inch blade swinging around.

So, any words of wisdom on modifying it to reduce the saber blade length back to normal?

thanks!
 linktheferret
07-10-2008, 2:23 PM
Sorry, scratch that last post I had no idea the true extent of variety in this thing...so needless to say i got it worked out :) .

Another issue I had though was with the dialog being skipped sometimes, it does it sometimes for humans (party members included) and always for droid or alien speech. Any ideas on that?

thanks
 TriggerGod
07-10-2008, 3:04 PM
Sorry, scratch that last post I had no idea the true extent of variety in this thing...so needless to say i got it worked out :) .

Another issue I had though was with the dialog being skipped sometimes, it does it sometimes for humans (party members included) and always for droid or alien speech. Any ideas on that?

thanks

There are some instances in the vanilla where that happens. It isn't caused by this mod. TSLRP should be fixing those skips in dialog.
 linktheferret
07-10-2008, 7:39 PM
Sorry forgive my ignorance, what is the "RP" on the end of TSLRP? And if that would correct the dialog not working I would LOVE to get ahold of whatever it is. It really cripples the story :( .
 Robespierre
07-10-2008, 8:48 PM
Restoration Project. Google is your friend. It's not finished yet, but you can follow its progress here: www.team-gizka.org)
 TriggerGod
07-10-2008, 8:51 PM
Do not tell him of "the incident" :)
Anyways, as an insider (well, an inside at the forums) the bug fixes may be far between, but because Team Gizka has gone so far... its just amazing what their doing. But I don't wanna get off topic.
 Knollkopf
10-18-2008, 4:36 PM
I run Holowan Plugin 1.05 with USM and DAP:HC, and had no troubles with Dxun and Freedon Nadd's Tomb.

In which order did you install them? I'd love to run TSL with those mods together, but I'm no modder and editing various files to solve conflicts, just isn't my thing. I know I'm supposed to install the USM before the Holowan Plugin, but when should I install the DAP:HC?
 TriggerGod
10-18-2008, 4:42 PM
In which order did you install them? I'd love to run TSL with those mods together, but I'm no modder and editing various files to solve conflicts, just isn't my thing. I know I'm supposed to install the USM before the Holowan Plugin, but when should I install the DAP:HC?

A rule of thumb usually is to install the mod without the TSLPatcher last. So, install the USM first, then the Holowan Plugin, then, DAP:HC.
 Knollkopf
10-18-2008, 4:52 PM
A rule of thumb usually is to install the mod without the TSLPatcher last. So, install the USM first, then the Holowan Plugin, then, DAP:HC.

Thanks for the ultra fast reply. Do you mean the mod with the TSLPatcher last? Neither the USM, nor the Holowan Plugin uses the patcher, at least not the versions I've found. And the DAP:HC v2 does.
 TriggerGod
10-18-2008, 5:14 PM
Do you mean the mod with the TSLPatcher last?

Yea, it was a mistake on my part. Nobodies perfect, right?
 WaShO
03-19-2009, 2:35 PM
So basicly i installed those 2 mods, the whole time it was working great untill i was going to the duxn tomb. It freezes at the loading there.. i dont know what to do.. any1 expearcing the same problem???

btw.. i am sorry if this is the wrong place to ask..

EDIT:
oh and i am using holowan plugin 1.03 with the patch
 Malxados
03-19-2009, 4:27 PM
Do you mean it freezes every single time you try to enter?
 WaShO
03-19-2009, 6:04 PM
nono i mean right after i choose the party members and it loads to get to the entrance...
 Chevron 7 locke
03-19-2009, 9:02 PM
First of all, I love the Plug-in. One of my favorite mods.

I recently reinstalled it and I took out the Hardcore mod due to the fact that I kept getting my saber handed to me by those annoying droids. I replaced it with Achillies Game Balance mod and now it crahses everytime the Visas-Nihilus cutscene ends. I have version 1.05 installed with the patch.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

EDIT: Never mind, fixed it.
 WaShO
03-20-2009, 8:08 PM
ok, since i didnt get any response for my previous question here i have another one :D:D
since i cant caontinue playing on my previous save ill have to start from the beginning, so is holowan plugin+USM compatible with Darth Dementous + danika mods?
 murdrax
04-21-2009, 12:44 PM
hey dark any chance of your updating this and the tsl version to add in some of the newer mods main priob with old packs like this is dont oplay nice with newer content!!
 Darth GSJ
11-22-2009, 12:22 AM
Can anyone tell me what mods are included in this plugin? I would like to know exactly what I'm changing and exactly what I should be looking for.:thmbup1:
 The Silly Saber
11-28-2009, 3:20 AM
Can anyone tell me what mods are included in this plugin? I would like to know exactly what I'm changing and exactly what I should be looking for.:thmbup1:

Here you go. It's a list from Darkkender's site listing all the mods in the plugin: http://www.jumpstationz.com/Darkkender/READ-TSLHolowanPlugin.txt)
 hoemaco
12-30-2010, 5:53 PM
don't use the dialog.tlk file from the plugin. The readme with the patch told people to remove it. As for lucasfiles at the time I released this mod they refused to host it becasue of there file submission policy at that time, but I still reserved a version for release there in case of changes at lucasfiles.

Hi! What exactly did you mean by that? That is, install the dialog file from your mod or not?

I've also read about the team gizka mod correcting some stuff (and adding deleted scenes), but it seems they've abandoned their project (and their website is offline). Does anyone know if their work is accessible somewhere on the net? Thanks.
 hoemaco
12-30-2010, 5:58 PM
Another question/observation. I just started playing with this mod (the first kotor mod to try - I liked the idea of having several mods integrated, though I was too lazy to read all of the components' readme files, so I don't really know what's included :D)

I really like the new character heads.

However, I found it strange that I found several hundred components and exchange gloves and belt in the first room on peragus (which would otherwise be accessible much later), and then finding a lightsaber on the dead man at the morgue (there were no jedi there according to the story, and how would your own saber go to a dead man's corpse?) It seemed too strong (though I've only encountered the droids so far, but they die too quickly even in difficult mode). (Actually I read about some 'insane' difficulty in the mod, but don't know if it needs activation?) Also, as far as I remember, crafting your lightsaber was one of the quests - so how come you get one now?

Also I found the Hoth stuff on four bodies (yes, I've read you couldn't fix it, but there it was only about having the stuff twice on the dead officer, but now in the next room there are three additional storage officer corpses).
 Darkkender
12-30-2010, 8:43 PM
So It's been a rather long time since I have come back or been modding so I apologize for the excessive tardiness here.

To answer your Q's Hoemaco.
What I was refering to was a single file called Dialog.tlk. This single file if copied over can cause major glitches and bugs in the game if not done correctly. There have been later utilities and tools made available long after this mod was ever made that improve on the method that was used when this mod was created.

As to the various excessive amounts of lightsabers and other items you find in game that have less story driven to them this can be the downfall of poor mod development in some cases. The Holowan Plugin is and was a collection of works done by numerous modders at the time this was developed and released. Many modders myself included at times have frequently wanted to have a lightsaber or some cool robes much earlier in the game so we would throw them on some random body in the game or in the start of the game without much more than a note in the readme of where to find the item. When you get literally Dozens of mods that do similiar things combined into one super mod you do get less of a story feel from what you would like. This is sometimes a tradeoff you get when playing with a mod on a game.

I am glad to see that there are always new people coming to the comunity and getting mods like this still and enjoying them and I do hope you can continue to enjoy it despite my infrequency of being around anymore.
 hoemaco
12-31-2010, 3:31 AM
Hi! Thanks for the quick reply! (After some years it's nice)

What I was refering to was a single file called Dialog.tlk. This single file if copied over can cause major glitches and bugs in the game if not done correctly.
How can you copy over a file "not correctly" ? Getting curious. (I just copied it over the old file. No problems so far, but I'm still on peragus)

There have been later utilities and tools made available long after this mod was ever made that improve on the method that was used when this mod was created.
Originally I was looking for the Restoration Project, but only found out that the Team Gizka abandoned it and their site is down. I have found a version of it from 2009 but it says it's incomplete (i was also surprised it's only 600kB). Do you know of any usable RP mod? Especially if it is compatible with some of these mods you have in here.

(I think I'll just have to sort through the readme files of the holowan plugin and select those mods I want to use and delete the extra stuff. Hope it'll work)

Thanks and have a happy new year!
 jonathan7
12-31-2010, 6:17 AM
The Sith Lords Restored Content Mod (click me) (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=203105)

Please do not discuss use of the leaked TG beta, the manner in which it was obtained is against forum rules, thanks -- j7
 hoemaco
12-31-2010, 10:13 AM
The Sith Lords Restored Content Mod (click me) (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=203105)

Hey thanks! It's hard (for me) to search through these forums.
 Acleacius
01-13-2011, 5:46 PM
Any suggestion for the load order of this mod, with RCM and many of the newer mods?

I was thinking of actually installing this first, since this would allow the RCM to overwrite any necessary files for the Restoration. I hope would allow me to get at least the most from this mod and still having RCM.
 Darkkender
01-13-2011, 9:17 PM
I would generally advise against it. Many mods unless they specifically say they are compatible with this will generally break both this mod and the other mod when you overwrite files leading to catastrophic problems. AKA Overwriting == BAD unless told otherwise.

This Mod was released almost 5 years ago meaning there are many mods that are not going to be compatible.
 Acleacius
01-14-2011, 2:24 AM
Ok, thanks very much for your reply, work and to all the contributors! :cheers:

I have used this mod in the past and enjoyed it greatly. So if I do install this mod first, worst case is if something gets overwritten, some part of this mod just won't work, correct?
Page: 9 of 10