Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

[REL]Holowan Plugin

Page: 3 of 10
 RedHawke
08-11-2005, 2:21 AM
The bladesinger outfit? That's not one in the plugin so I couldn't troubleshoot that very well.
:eyeraise: It is part of the plugin DK as you included my Exile's Generals Uniform Mod... and that is where that Bladesinger uniform comes from. :D
 General Kenobi
08-11-2005, 4:41 PM
Yep, Echani Atton DID come with his own robe and you SHOULD NOT put it into the game in override. Your almost guaranteed to have a conflict issue. Maybe one that doesn't replace something that will crash the game BUT is almost guaranteed to have a conflicting number and such. ;)

@DK Yeah the saber he's talking about is one of my favs from USM. It was made by ChAiNz.2da I believe. One of the longsabers in the game. :D

:ben:
General Kenobi
 ChAiNz.2da
08-11-2005, 5:03 PM
@DK Yeah the saber he's talking about is one of my favs from USM. It was made by ChAiNz.2da I believe. One of the longsabers in the game. :D
Bao-Dur's saber? ... nope, that was T7's ;)

The only longsaber I made was the Segan Wyndh Sabers... :D Black and grey with a "bent" hilt, has a 'lit' hilt showing the color of the blade?
 General Kenobi
08-11-2005, 5:13 PM
The only longsaber I made was the Segan Wyndh Sabers... Black and grey with a "bent" hilt, has a 'lit' hilt showing the color of the blade?

Oopsie Yeah yours was the one I was meaning ChAiNz ;) I use Segan's for both Mandalore and Bao-Dur (well at least my Bao-Dur but hes TOTALLY different than the in game one though)

General Kenobi
 Bunk
08-11-2005, 10:03 PM
Couple issues I should bring up now that Ive been playing it a bit. There seems to be no way to adjust the Hardcore mod as suggested in the HC mod's readme. As it is currently, its pretty much impossible to get by Mira's solo run on Nar Shadda without cheating. Im gonna have to d/l the original HC mod to get one of the less drastic .ncs's. Which difficulty did you put in by default?

Ok, thats actually only one issue.
 Darkkender
08-12-2005, 1:22 AM
Couple issues I should bring up now that Ive been playing it a bit. There seems to be no way to adjust the Hardcore mod as suggested in the HC mod's readme. As it is currently, its pretty much impossible to get by Mira's solo run on Nar Shadda without cheating. Im gonna have to d/l the original HC mod to get one of the less drastic .ncs's. Which difficulty did you put in by default?

Ok, thats actually only one issue.

:D:D Insane HC mod :D:D Of course if you have the readme for the HC mod It gives suggestions of how to change some settings.

As for any solo runs or different equipment needs. I usually create spare suits of jedi armors and segan wyndth inlay & overlays. I can never remember if it is the segan inlay & the nanoweave overlay or visa verca that I use in the armor but I keep spares handy in inventory. Then I throw it on Mira or whoever needs it. Same with all sorts of good equipment that is beefed up to have handy for just these types of missions. Believe me if you do this your usually set at all times.
 Bunk
08-12-2005, 2:37 AM
My problem was I did Nar Shada first, so I didnt have that much equipment yet, and got the Exchange's attention early, so Mira was only 12th level. With her wearing the segan armor and using the best weapons I could buff up, I still couldn't even come remotely close to killing Hanhar. I had her armor up around 29, but Hanhar's attack bonus was at least 25, and he had around 32 armor. So essentially, he'd cut down a Mando melee shield in swing one, and kill her in the next two. Setting off every mine in the place, using all her rockets, and setting any extra mines I could - knocked almost a third of Hanhar's hps off :) If I tried standing toe to toe with him, it literally took him two swings to kill me, as he was averaging 60 dam per attack.

I finally gave up and just used god mode.

Its too bad, because I found the fights when I had my whole party challenging but fun. As soon as I have to use any non jedi though - they get nuked.

I was able to drop the HC mod down to moderate, which seems to be working for me. I could be wrong, but I don't think any of those options were included in the Holowan pack though. I had to download the HC mod seperately and pull them out.

I'm really not complaining, just pointing out that in some circumstance, the Insane HC will make the game unbeatable.
 Bunk
08-14-2005, 3:02 AM
Hi folks. I have another issue for you :)

Ive been playing through a light side character using the Holowan mod, and the patch.
I'm having issues though - the game is now crashing on me.

Any time I try to fly to Telos or Dantooine, or if I try entering the end cave on Korriban - the whole game crashes to desktop about 3/4 through loading the area. Crash happens every time.

I tried renaming my override folder, and creating a new override with just the Holowan mod and patch, and the save game still crashes.

So Iv'e thrown the save game up on a site, wondering if anyone would like to download it and see if it works for them. The save is just outside the cave on Korriban that causes the crash.

Anyone who can make some suggestions, I would really appreciate it.

http://www.bunkphotos.com/files/000049Game48.rar)

edit: spaces in filenames are bad :P
 Zyrusticae
08-14-2005, 10:40 AM
Eh-heh... the insane HC mod was the first thing I noticed - and changed - as I like to restart the game with my old character's endgame XP and equipment (using the KSE, of course... 'shame they didn't include an import/export function). The mod makes the game unnaturally hard especially when the main character is higher level than any of the other characters. Not that I'm complaining, I always found a way to get through. Didn't like having 10-minute long battles, though.
 Darkkender
08-14-2005, 11:33 AM
Thank you bunk. Others have reported problems in different manners for this location. However you are the first who has provided a save so that I can try to fix the problem. Everyone else has blown me off when I've asked them to get me a copy of there save.
 General Kenobi
08-14-2005, 11:59 AM
Well DK I'm not sure but it might not be the plugin??? At least for me I've played through both areas several times with HP installed with no crashes. Maybe its an item conflict or something??? Not sure but just don't want you to think it's in ALL playthroughs with the HP installed. Mine are running ok. Just a thought :D

General Kenobi
 Darkkender
08-14-2005, 12:07 PM
Well DK I'm not sure but it might not be the plugin??? At least for me I've played through both areas several times with HP installed with no crashes. Maybe its an item conflict or something??? Not sure but just don't want you to think it's in ALL playthroughs with the HP installed. Mine are running ok. Just a thought :D

General Kenobi

I don't know GK. It seems to be a repeated glitch at the same spot. I suspect it is a appearance entry of some sort that is entered wrong that that area is calling. So by getting a save it allows me to look through it with KSE and compare it to other data sources. It also allows me to try to get the error to repeat for me. Because then I can try a game from the start as the same appearance and see if it crashes on me.
 General Kenobi
08-14-2005, 12:10 PM
Good luck then ;) I'll pay particular attention and make sure I "mix" my party/stuff up a bit to see if I can get it to crash as well. There are some appearances/items I've not tried either though so mayble that's it. :D You know there are TONS of stuff I don't remember seeing on the forums that are in the plugin so once more to reinerate a point, "Way to go on doing this one" ;) Just fun, fun, fun :D

General Kenobi
 Bunk
08-14-2005, 3:36 PM
Just to add a little more detail to the crash situation. Whatever it is thats causing it in my case, it doesn't seem to be just limited to that cave. If you take that save, turn around and head back to the Hawk, and then try travelling to either Dantoine or Telos, you get the same crash. Its not travelling per se thats doing it though.

Before I came to Korriban on this save, I tried going back to Telos from Nar Shadda, and got this crash. It did let me travel to Korriban without crashing though. So, off the top of my head - there is something in the Cave, on Dantoine, and on Telos - that is not on Korriban - that is causing the crash.

Let me know what you find, I really would like to finish that game :)
 Darkkender
08-14-2005, 6:37 PM
can you take a look at your error log file for me bunk and post it's contents in the thread here. The reason is I've loaded the save and it's working fine with USM & Holowan plugin installed. Also if you can give me a detailed list of all the mods you have installed in your overide that may help me further. At this point I really am beginning to think this is being caused by some sort of conflict. Especially if you have the HLFP mod installed which I don't.
 General Kenobi
08-14-2005, 7:28 PM
I have those DK (Stoffe's High Level Force Powers I mean) installed, tons of my own, USM, HP, Ton's of Hattori Hanzo Swords installed, T3 Codename Vorlon, and a few others. Like I said no crashes for me. Ooh as well as Hack Pad, RedHawke Correction, Stoffe's Combat Arena, Defender's Wrist Console as well.

General Kenobi
 proe-dude
08-14-2005, 11:04 PM
Just to add a little more detail to the crash situation. Whatever it is thats causing it in my case, it doesn't seem to be just limited to that cave. If you take that save, turn around and head back to the Hawk, and then try travelling to either Dantoine or Telos, you get the same crash. Its not travelling per se thats doing it though.

Before I came to Korriban on this save, I tried going back to Telos from Nar Shadda, and got this crash. It did let me travel to Korriban without crashing though. So, off the top of my head - there is something in the Cave, on Dantoine, and on Telos - that is not on Korriban - that is causing the crash.

Let me know what you find, I really would like to finish that game :)
Bunk - I get the same problem when attempting to enter the special cave on Korriban. I can get into the Shyrack cave, but when the game attempts to load the stuff for the "memory cave", it loads to 3/4 thru, then crashes.

I get a file in my load point, aptly named AE_ERROR.LOG, with this content:
"Names Differ: PLC_wrkTable2 plc_scrysred"

Note that the content of the error messsage is not always the same. I contacted DK last week with the same problem, but before I'd send a save file, I wanted to try and play thru again. Same issue. I'm running the USM and this one. Nothing else. I even reinstalled the game for good measure. Yet I haven't tried heading back to Telos or Dantooine. You may have saved me there, thanks.

To satisfy DK's curiosity, I'll be sending a link to my own saved game in a PM to him. Anyway, wanted to let you know that I'm getting the exact same error.
 General Kenobi
08-14-2005, 11:21 PM
scrysred

Maybe that means problem with a "saber chrystal red" of some type.

General Kenobi
 proe-dude
08-14-2005, 11:33 PM
GK - perhaps, but it isn't always the same content in the error log. Last week when I contacted DK, it was "Names do not match: PMHC06 pmhc10", which was a bit more upsetting.

When I saw this error today, I looked for items that looked like potential issues. For example, earlier this afternoon, it was "Named to not match: I_NULL i_mask_069"

I couldn't find exactly what i_mask_069 was by using the KSE, but I did find the file(s) [3 of them] that had that in the name. To be safe, I deleted all headgear from my save game and returned to the spot of the error with absolutely nothing equiped and no party members. Same problem.

Just to set the record straight on comp system, I'm a 9800 Radeon 128MB, 1GM RAM. With all the proper drivers installed (I believe). The fact some people seem to have NO problem running this does concern me.

Many thanks - proe-dude
 maaneeack
08-14-2005, 11:42 PM
I crash trying to enter the cave as well, but I don't even get the loading screen. My AR_ERROR.log has:
Names Differ: PFHA04 pfha07
but it had something about the handmaiden and pfbam before i redid my Override folder today. I edited the cheatband to give my PC some extra feats and an unlimited shield, I have the unpatched holowan plugin, the redhead (i think i reinstalled that head), mdk_asian_female_04, workbench fix (redhawke's ?), jedi sith helmets, sith ritual robe. And I had redhawke's armour but everytime i tried to use one of the armours it would crash the game.

Anyhow: from my first attempt at the secret tomb on the save with my female pc, and all subsequent attempts, i crash right after the screen goes black when you walk into it, I can't even warp into it without the game crashing. I also had crash problems with my first game (male pc) entering the secret tomb, but I finally got in and through the place. I could try warping into there on one of his saves if it might help someone? But I've changed my mods/override folder twice since I finished the game with him...

I'm also getting random lockups with a new female pc (the asian woman with the tattoos on the face) just after I open the security locker in the security room on Peragus (the one with the security officer's desk). But the secret tomb is aggrivating me most atm.
 Darkkender
08-15-2005, 2:29 AM
I'm noticing a trend here with all of the above error reports. They are conflicts being derived from model files it seems. Some of the above error/conflicts seem to be derived from Heads while others are from items. The only one that is not a plugin model would be "Names Differ: PLC_wrkTable2 plc_scrysred" which is likely from a placeable in the USM. That however is just speculation on my part. The errors seem to be from the game reading the file name however inside the file the internal names seem to differ. "Named to not match: I_NULL i_mask_069" Without a doubt this is got to be a mask crafted by Redhawke that was included in the plugin. What's ironic is this is actually caused by internal instabilities of TSL. However now that I suspect I know the solution I can try to do a work around fix for it.

On a off-hand note for those having problems with game crashes. Could you post what your SWKotor2 configuration settings are? I just want to see if there are any similarities there and to see if I can't replicate the problem with the same settings except the whole Radeon 9800 thing.
 Bunk
08-15-2005, 2:34 AM
Ok, this is the latest error log I have:

Names Differ: .....PFHH10 dmpfhh10

Currently I have my original override folder renamed, and I created a new override with just the Holowan mod and the patch installed. I'll try some things and get back to you.

I didn't reinstall the USM mod in to there though, so I might try that as well.
 Bunk
08-15-2005, 2:36 AM
Just checked my save game - dmpfhh10 is the portrait Im using.

So I just ran a test. Used KSE to change my portrait to something else. Went in and got the same crash entering the cave, same error log.
 Bunk
08-15-2005, 3:00 AM
Just used KSE to change my appearance and portait to something else. Now I get a different error log: Names Differ: w_Lghtsbr_003 w_lghtsbr_062

Here are my current config settings: Using a Gforce 6600GT. Might be long:

[Display Options]
FullScreen=1
Disable Movies=0
Disable Intro Movies=0
Sort Modules=1
Width=640
Height=480
BitsPerPixels=32
RefreshRate=60

[Sound Options]
Music Volume=85
Voiceover Volume=85
Sound Effects Volume=85
Movie Volume=85
Number 3D Voices=30
Number 2D Voices=34
2D3D Bias=1.50
EAX=0
Sound Init=0
Disable Sound=0
Force Software=1

[Graphics Options]
Grass=1
Shadows=1
EnableHardwareMouse=1
FullScreen=1
RefreshRate=72
Width=1280
Height=960
Emitters=1
Anisotropy=4
Frame Buffer=1
Soft Shadows=1
Brightness=62
V-Sync=0
Texture Quality=2
Anti Aliasing=4

[Game Options]
UnlockedPlanetSongs=2047
Enable Tooltips=1
Keyboard Camera Deceleration=2000.000000
Keyboard Camera Acceleration=500.000000
Keyboard Camera DPS=200.000000
TextureVariation=85
BodyVariation=9
AppearanceType=984
PCGender=1
GameCompleted=0
CurSithLord=2
Hide InGame GUI=0
Use Small Fonts=0
Hide Unequippable=0
Tutorial Popups=1
Subtitles=1
Mini Map=1
Floating Numbers=1
Status Summary=1
Enable Mouse Teleporting To Buttons=1
Mouse Sensitivity=44
Difficulty Level=1
Auto Level Up NPCs=0
Mouse Look=0
AutoSave=1
EnableScreenShot=0
Reverse Mouse Buttons=0
Reverse Ingame YAxis=0
Reverse Minigame YAxis=1
Combat Movement=1
TooltipDelay Sec=1
Disable Movies=0
EnableCheats=1

[config]
firstrun=0

[Keymapping]
Action286B=8
Action286A=7
Action285B=10
Action285A=9
Action284B=55
Action284A=67
Action283B=54
Action283A=51
Action282B=69
Action282A=73
Action281B=54
Action281A=51
Action280B=69
Action280A=73
Action268=52
Action265=58
Action264=57
Action263=0
Action262=85
Action261=84
Action260=83
Action259=82
Action258=81
Action257=80
Action256=79
Action255=78
Action254=77
Action253=31
Action245=75
Action244=55
Action243=67
Action242=74
Action241=87
Action240=56
Action239=68
Action238=82
Action236=83
Action234=81
Action232=80
Action230=79
Action228=78
Action226=77
Action225=70
Action224=90
Action223=31
Action222=25
Action221=24
Action220=29
Action219=28
Action218=43
Action217=87
Action216=65
Action215=63
Action214=60
Action213=62
Action212=61
Action211=66
Action210=59
Action209=71
Action208=89
Action207=72
Action206=30
Action205=53
Action204=76

[Autopause Options]
End Of Combat Round=0
Mine Sighted=0
Enemy Sighted=1
Party Killed=1
Action Menu=0
New Target Selected=1

[Movies Shown]
Movie10=0
Movie 9=0
Movie 8=0
Movie 7=28
Movie 6=127
Movie 5=222
Movie 4=252
Movie 3=255
Movie 2=255
Movie 1=255
Movie 0=252
 ChAiNz.2da
08-15-2005, 9:23 AM
the "plc_scrysred" is a custom placeable in the USM for Korriban's caves. If you've used KMM (KotOR Mod Manager) to install the USM, it won't place this file in your override as it's not a recognized file format (since it's rarely ever used)... make sure that file is in your override directory ;)

But why it's conflicting with a worktable (PLC_wrkTable2) I have no clue?

Do you perchance have a modded worktable made to construct USM sabers?
 General Kenobi
08-15-2005, 10:23 AM
Well I'll answer that one for you ChAiNz :rolleyes: as BAD as I hate to admit it I might as well "fess" up. ;) Yes in the update to the HP there is a certain 2da that allows building ALL USM sabers for the most part. I wish I hadn't given it up for use to DK like heck since now my 2da file that I used for my own purposes is possibly causing the problems.

I use it (the 2da) in both the Ebon Hawke mod itself that's in HP as well as Defender's Wrist Console it builds the USM sabers, plus about 20 more, plus, helmets, Hanzo swords, armor, robes, etc... all custom ones.

Do you think the error could be caused from the 2da having entries for MODS that aren't in everyones games? The 2da I let DK use did have many entries for my own custom items MANY that have never been released.

I don't think that would be it though cause like I said the 2da came from me so it works fine on this end UNLESS it's indeed from an entry for an item that isn't in the Holowan Plug.

I knew that thing would come back to bite me in the bum :D

@Bunk - Try opening up your override folder (while game is closed) and MOVING the mavsitems.2da to your desktop then restart the game and see if your save game crashes now. If that's the issue (with the 2da file I mean) I bet that will cure it.

Hope that helps a bit ;)

General kenobi
 maaneeack
08-15-2005, 11:55 AM
swkotor2.ini: (ati radeon 9600 xt, see below for more info.)

[Display Options]
FullScreen=1
Disable Movies=0
Disable Intro Movies=0
Sort Modules=1
Width=640
Height=480
BitsPerPixels=32
RefreshRate=60

[Sound Options]
Music Volume=79
Voiceover Volume=79
Sound Effects Volume=79
Movie Volume=79
Number 3D Voices=15
Number 2D Voices=48
2D3D Bias=1.50
EAX=0
Sound Init=0
Disable Sound=0
Force Software=0

[Graphics Options]
Grass=1
Shadows=1
EnableHardwareMouse=1
FullScreen=1
AllowSoftShadows=1
RefreshRate=85
Width=1280
Height=960
Emitters=1
Anisotropy=1
Frame Buffer=0
Soft Shadows=0
Brightness=56
V-Sync=0
Texture Quality=2
Anti Aliasing=2

[Game Options]
UnlockedPlanetSongs=2047
Enable Tooltips=1
Keyboard Camera Deceleration=2000.000000
Keyboard Camera Acceleration=500.000000
Keyboard Camera DPS=200.000000
TextureVariation=1
BodyVariation=0
AppearanceType=743
PCGender=1
GameCompleted=0
CurSithLord=0
Hide InGame GUI=1
Use Small Fonts=0
Hide Unequippable=0
Tutorial Popups=0
Subtitles=1
Mini Map=1
Floating Numbers=1
Status Summary=1
Enable Mouse Teleporting To Buttons=1
Mouse Sensitivity=44
Difficulty Level=1
Auto Level Up NPCs=0
Mouse Look=0
AutoSave=1
EnableScreenShot=0
Reverse Mouse Buttons=0
Reverse Ingame YAxis=0
Reverse Minigame YAxis=0
Combat Movement=1
TooltipDelay Sec=1
Disable Movies=0
EnableCheats=1

[config]
firstrun=0

[Keymapping]
Action286B=8
Action286A=7
Action285B=10
Action285A=9
Action284B=54
Action284A=51

Action283B=54
Action283A=51
Action282B=69
Action282A=73
Action281B=53
Action281A=76
Action280B=69
Action280A=73
Action268=52
Action265=58
Action264=57
Action263=43
Action262=85
Action261=84
Action260=83
Action259=82
Action258=81
Action257=80
Action256=79
Action255=78
Action254=77
Action253=31
Action245=75
Action244=55
Action243=67
Action242=74
Action241=87
Action240=56
Action239=68
Action238=82
Action236=83
Action234=81
Action232=80
Action230=79
Action228=78
Action226=77
Action225=70
Action224=90
Action223=31
Action222=25
Action221=24
Action220=29
Action219=28
Action218=42
Action217=87
Action216=65
Action215=63
Action214=60
Action213=62
Action212=61
Action211=66
Action210=59
Action209=71
Action208=89
Action207=72
Action206=30
Action205=55
Action204=67

[Autopause Options]
End Of Combat Round=0
Mine Sighted=1
Enemy Sighted=1
Party Killed=1
Action Menu=0
New Target Selected=0

[Movies Shown]
Movie10=0
Movie 9=0
Movie 8=0
Movie 7=27
Movie 6=191
Movie 5=222
Movie 4=248
Movie 3=255
Movie 2=255
Movie 1=254
Movie 0=252

I'm just about to try the patch for HP (which I downloaded on dialup heh). Whats this hanzo sword stuff I keep seeing, sounds interesting. Nope, still crashes trying to enter the secret tomb. My AR_ERROR.log now has Names Differ: I_Null i_mask_069 though.
 ChAiNz.2da
08-15-2005, 12:02 PM
That looks like items from RedHawke's Exile Item pack ;)

it's the "invisible" model and the inventory icon .tga name....

Are these items included on your workbench .2da file general Kenobi? This is beginning to look as if non-existent mods are being called to...
 General Kenobi
08-15-2005, 2:02 PM
Nope the mavsitems.2da that was mine consists of: (and I'll post its contents tonight when I get home) USM Lightsabers, Short Lightsabers, Double Lightsabers, Party Custom Sabers, all of the color variations for them, my exile item pack, my knockdown gun, my robes mods (about 5 but they do not conflict in ref number or the like), several swords.

I do use the same custom .2da file on one of my other pc's (a laptop from alienware) but have seen no problems with crashing like what's going on here though. And on that one it just has USM, HP, HLFP from Stoffe, Defender's armband, RedHawke's armband, Stoffe's combat arena armband. I'm missing all of my mods referenced in the custom .2da file due to me just not installing them and I've played through a few times on it in those areas with no probs. :confused:

The only place the 2da should come into play though is if you have Holowan Plugin installed or if you have Maverick 187's Console and Workbench MOD installed. Holowan Plugin contains Mav's console MOD.

I do use that .2da on the fly though anywhere via access through Defender's custom armband mod. No probs with crashing and such.

General Kenobi
 maaneeack
08-15-2005, 4:49 PM
How's this for odd: I was playing a new character in the peragus fuel depot, and when she got to the ventillation shaft (where atton breaks in for a conversation via comlinks) the game would lock up. Did it 3 times in a row. Then I changed the swkotor2.ini to allow windowed mode and switching between window/fullscreen via alt-tab, I load my save right before the conversation and head through it, no problem. I did just try to load a save with my other pc that was crashing trying to enter the secret tomb, she still crashes. I thought it was weird that switching to windowed let the ingame cutscene run in the fuel depot though.
 General Kenobi
08-15-2005, 6:26 PM
This is my custom 2da file I was talking about earlier:
General Kenobi
This is the XML version (http://www.gilliamgraphics.com/mavsitems.xml)

The reason I didn't post an actual 2da file is I don't wish to further undermine USM scripting efforts ;)
 proe-dude
08-15-2005, 7:14 PM
Nope the mavsitems.2da that was mine consists of: (and I'll post its contents tonight when I get home) USM Lightsabers, Short Lightsabers, Double Lightsabers, Party Custom Sabers, all of the color variations for them, my exile item pack, my knockdown gun, my robes mods (about 5 but they do not conflict in ref number or the like), several swords.

The only place the 2da should come into play though is if you have Holowan Plugin installed or if you have Maverick 187's Console and Workbench MOD installed. Holowan Plugin contains Mav's console MOD.
General Kenobi

GK - I did as you instructed and moved the mavsitems.2da to the desktop to see if removing it would make a difference. As before, the game started well, but upon entering the secret cave it locked up during loading. The error from the AR_ERROR.LOG file was again: Names Differ: PLC_wrkTable2 plc_scrysred

I've already given DarkKender a link to two savegaves that have this problem - hopefully he'll find something about them that is consistent. I'll also provide him a link to my config files, JIC.

Many thanks to all who have taken an interest with this oddity. I have every confidence that the problem will be rectified.

proe-dude
 Bunk
08-15-2005, 7:47 PM
sames results here, no improvement from removing mav's .2da
Still getting Names Differ: w_Lghtsbr_003 w_lghtsbr_062
 General Kenobi
08-15-2005, 7:57 PM
kewl just wanted to make sure that my edited file I originally got from Mav's didn't cause the issue. Sounds like it might not be it :D Like I said I know I didn't have any issues.

The only other thing I can think of is if you "tweaked" a uti or utc or the like and gave it a crashable option that way. (like pointing a utc appearance to Juhani or the like will crash the game when it loads sorta thing).

Other than that DK is your best bet at solving your problem. He's full of smarts :D so if anyone will be able to figure it out for you he will.

Ooh I do remember a sure fire game crasher (for me anywho) equip (just say) a gun (modded I mean) and save the game. Delete the files for the gun from your override and then my game will crash out on me everytime. Did you have an item possibly and then deleted it while it was equipped or the like???

Good Luck :thumbsup:

General Kenobi
 proe-dude
08-15-2005, 8:42 PM
Ooh I do remember a sure fire game crasher (for me anywho) equip (just say) a gun (modded I mean) and save the game. Delete the files for the gun from your override and then my game will crash out on me everytime. Did you have an item possibly and then deleted it while it was equipped or the like???

Good Luck :thumbsup:

General Kenobi

GK - Order of operations:
(1) Installed the game
(2) Loaded USM
(3) Loaded Holowan plugin
(4) Loaded Holowan patch
(5) Played the game [with some love with the KSE]
(6) Crash at secret cave

I never deleted any files; didn't even delete some savegames, just in case.

But it certainly makes sense that if the game is looking for something and can't find it, it coughs up a loogey.

proe-dude
 Darkkender
08-16-2005, 12:13 AM
Alright guys these errors are confirming it for me. They are being caused by a standard way of modding that we all use. When we create new models we simply rename the mdl & mdx files without changing the internal entries. For some reason the game is trying to read the inside of the mdl instead of it's resref that is what is causing our problem.

@Chainz.2da the plc_scrysred reference is to the mdl file. Also utp files are recognized by KMM.

For everybody that is experiencing these problems could all of you adjust the following settings to look like this. I know in the past K1 & K2 both had more crashes with anti aliasing on. Of course this is just a shot in the dark to see if the error is still occuring .

[Graphics Options]
Grass=1
Shadows=1
EnableHardwareMouse=1
FullScreen=1
RefreshRate=72
Width=1280
Height=960
Emitters=1
Anisotropy=1
Frame Buffer=1
Soft Shadows=0
Brightness=62
V-Sync=0
Texture Quality=2
Anti Aliasing=0

Also for those having problems can you also go ahead and give this a try. PossibleEarlyFix.rar (http://www.freewebs.com/Darkkender/PossibleEarlyFix.rar) This fixes 3 of the models including the plc_scrysred.mdl file. If adjusting the graphics doesn't work give these a try.
 ChAiNz.2da
08-16-2005, 2:31 AM
@Chainz.2da the plc_scrysred reference is to the mdl file. Also utp files are recognized by KMM.
Yeah, .utp files are... but .pwk's aren't ;)

"plc_scrysred.pwk", make sure that file is in your override directory if using KMM to install the USM...
 Bunk
08-16-2005, 2:39 AM
Well, I tried the graphics setting suggestion - no change. Then I tried those modified files - crash to desktop before the save game even loaded this time, and it didn't write to the error log.

Isn't trouble shooting fun :P
 Bunk
08-16-2005, 3:01 AM
Removed the modded files - save game loads again. Same crash in cave.

Since I keep getting Names Differ: w_Lghtsbr_003 w_lghtsbr_062 in my error log, I decided to open the save game and delete anything saber related from my inventory. No difference - same crash.
 RedHawke
08-16-2005, 7:10 AM
Everyone,

I wouldn't put too much stock in the AR_ERROR.log file, it seems to be only a debugging file of some sort for the games models. Meaning: What is listed in that file is unlikely to be the cause of your games crashes as it is generated through normal play, even if you don't have a crash.
 maaneeack
08-16-2005, 11:17 AM
That possibleearlyfix.rar was 404 when I tried it just now and turning off AA didn't do anything either. My AR_ERROR.log still has the Names Differ: I_Null i_mask_069.

@RedHawke - you're probably right that it's not a crash-generated event, but it does show that the game is looking for something we don't have which could cause a crash. Too bad we don't have a debugging option in swkotor2.ini or a cheat for it, could help. (I miss Babylon 5)

@Darkkender - did you get my pm with the savegame link?
 maaneeack
08-16-2005, 7:09 PM
I was playing on my new female pc (not the one i'm having problems with entering the secret tomb) and got to the hidden academy on telos. When I was talking with Atris, the game crashed when she whipped out my lightsaber, so I said ok I won't talk about the council. I got past it and was going through the ebon hawk scene when it crashed trying to load the holorecord of my exile. It did that several times.

I finally realized that the connection was my lightsaber. Not the ones I have now, but the one I described to Atton after Peragus. So I load up the GLOBALVARS.res file in kotor tool and, not knowing wtheck i'm looking for, find 003EBO_Atton_Talk with a Numeric Global of 6. I decided to make it a 5. I save, load that game and make atris whip out my lightsaber again, game doesn't flinch. I get through that and yell at the council some in the holorecord, game continues fine. Aside from the oddity of having to redo the flight from peragus the game went on the way it was supposed to.

Could this help with fixing the secret tomb?
 Darkkender
08-16-2005, 9:37 PM
Not likely as I didn't make any changes to the globalcat.2da file simply merged 2 from different mods. Well I'm coming to a blank as to the problem because The plugin other than the extra heads is simply put packed with a variety of mods others haven't had glitches with in the past. I suppose the next option for error checking if others could go ahead and post the appearance number of there pc that is showing up in KSE. I'll try running through the game with these appearances myself. However so far every save that I've downloaded that is failing for others loads fine without crash for me.:confused: So I'm really at a loss because I can't get the game to repeat the crash with everybody elses save. This tells me 1 of 2 things either

1. People have another mod loaded that they are not mentioning or are using one such as the HLFP mod that may be creating the problem or are not installing in the proper order. Which for note is USM, Holowan Plugin, Plugin Patch, Then any other mod that uses stoffe -mkb-'s installer.

2. There is some sort of system setting that is having issues with the extra content being present when you enter that module that it's crashing.

I've scoured through the Plugin and that module and everything else and as mentioned before there is nothing in the plugin that touches that module specifically. This is becoming infuriating.
 Fuu
08-17-2005, 12:09 AM
Here's something that I've found; I think it’s related to the whole "Disciple talking to a door" issue. I have: 3 dead Jedi and a force power I already had (loved that btw). I see: two Handmaidens and Kreia saying her male pc lines.
I find: Atton, saying that "handmaidens took her" and "they know who she is now". I also get: the visas romance scene... instead of disciple. Haha I played it through anyway though it was funny but weird. Also, I noticed that if you have him+Kreia w/you when you "unite" the separated couple (plus appropriate responses) it says "inf. gained handmaiden"

I have some funky mod installation going on so I created a new Override and reloaded a save game with it. sadly I had to play for awhile first and then it did it again, so I don’t think this is due to other mods I have installed.

@DK Ohhhh duh QUAY gloves sorry for the UbErNoOB question, and thanks for being patient.
 Doc Valentine
08-17-2005, 12:12 AM
Here's something that I've found; I think it’s related to the whole "Disciple talking to a door" issue. I have: 3 dead Jedi and a force power I already had (loved that btw). I see: two Handmaidens and Kreia saying her male pc lines.
I find: Atton, saying that "handmaidens took her" and "they know who she is now". I also get: the visas romance scene... instead of disciple. Haha I played it through anyway though it was funny but weird. Also, I noticed that if you have him+Kreia w/you when you "unite" the separated couple (plus appropriate responses) it says "inf. gained handmaiden"

I have some funky mod installation going on so I created a new Override and reloaded a save game with it. sadly I had to play for awhile first and then it did it again, so I don’t think this is due to other mods I have installed.

@DK Ohhhh duh QUAY gloves sorry for the UbErNoOB question, and thanks for being patient.

Interesting...

This mod is pretty awsome Darkkender, good work!.

-Gsccc
 Darkkender
08-17-2005, 12:24 AM
I'm a little lost there Fuu. However if I'm understanding the gist of it you would be describing a situation that would be caused by the Handmaiden for female PC's included mod by stoffe -mkb- that is a part of the plugin. I might have to work with Stoffe on this to see if we can come up with a mutual solution that doesn't outright destroy her mod from it's original state. I say work with so whatever solution is developed may have the option to be released on it's own for that mod.
 Fuu
08-17-2005, 12:48 AM
Thanks DK I'll keep an eye out, and work on my clairity.
 Maxstate
08-17-2005, 7:18 AM
Dont know if this has been mentioned but i really like the music.
Thats RATM - Imperial march right?
 maaneeack
08-17-2005, 11:34 AM
I don't have the UMS mod installed, should I try installing it? I'm also using defender's wrist console, and I mentioned that I edited the Cheat Band mod and am using it.

@DK - Appearance: P_FEM_A_SML_04 and portrait: po_pfha04. Oh, my edit of the GLOBALVARS.res file produced some unfortunate results, heh. I'm stuck on the Ebon Hawk, T3M4 has been memory wiped, and the astrogration chart is locked (hence being stuck on the Ebon Hawk)...For my apperance btw, I edited appearance.2da to add CM_Baremetal to the P_FEM_A_SML_04 envmaps (for all three of the _04 lines) since I'm using MdK_Asian_female_04_v1-1
 Darkkender
08-18-2005, 1:00 AM
I don't have the UMS mod installed, should I try installing it? I'm also using defender's wrist console, and I mentioned that I edited the Cheat Band mod and am using it.

@DK - Appearance: P_FEM_A_SML_04 and portrait: po_pfha04. Oh, my edit of the GLOBALVARS.res file produced some unfortunate results, heh. I'm stuck on the Ebon Hawk, T3M4 has been memory wiped, and the astrogration chart is locked (hence being stuck on the Ebon Hawk)...For my apperance btw, I edited appearance.2da to add CM_Baremetal to the P_FEM_A_SML_04 envmaps (for all three of the _04 lines) since I'm using MdK_Asian_female_04_v1-1

You know your only making it harder for me to narrow down the problem and try to solve it.;)
Page: 3 of 10