Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

[REL]Holowan Plugin

Page: 6 of 10
 Darkkender
10-07-2005, 11:50 AM
Can you guys please post a currently working link for the patch listed as PCGameMods download system hasnt been working now for at least 20 hours.

Um, no. Just give pcgamemods a chance to get back up and running.
 Darth333
10-07-2005, 11:58 AM
PCGamemods works fine for me. Scan your computer to see if you have spyware.
 Renegade Angel
10-12-2005, 6:11 PM
Sorry to bump this, but the link to PCgamemods to download the Oatch is no longer working.
 RedHawke
10-13-2005, 1:33 AM
Sorry to bump this, but the link to PCgamemods to download the Oatch is no longer working.
Did you try to correct the link manually? Like so...

Mod Links...
-old- non-working http://www.pcgamemods.com/14521/) Just remove the end /

-new- working http://www.pcgamemods.com/14521)

Patch Links...
-old- non-working http://www.pcgamemods.com/14599/) Again just remove the end /

-new- working http://www.pcgamemods.com/14599)

Simple, and easy for everyone to do themselves too! :D
 Renegade Angel
10-13-2005, 11:25 AM
Lol, didn't relize that! Thanks Redhawke!
 Darkkender
10-13-2005, 11:35 AM
To satisfy all I have updated the links as Redhawke has mentioned here.
 TheOneMan
11-25-2005, 8:29 PM
OKay, currently, I'm at Dxun and I'm have trouble at one point. It's the part where you are heading back to Onderon. Now, I've removed the the Holowan Plug-In from the override folder, including USM and Wrist Counsole by deleting the Override folder. The only thing of the holowan still on my sister is the voice clips and launchers.

I try to load up my game and where the icon of your character should be is all white.

It crashes before it gets even a tenth the way loaded.

Do I have to install the wsbr (I think that's the name of the file...<<" ) to get past it?

If not, can anyone help? Removing the mod won't let me load the game.
 Darkkender
11-26-2005, 12:59 AM
Yes install all of the listed patch materials in the first post. Trying to run the game with the materials missing for the mods will definetley crash the game. However the wsbr fix seemed to resolve alot of those same crash issues everybody had been discussing above.
 TheOneMan
12-10-2005, 12:07 AM
Yes install all of the listed patch materials in the first post. Trying to run the game with the materials missing for the mods will definetley crash the game. However the wsbr fix seemed to resolve alot of those same crash issues everybody had been discussing above.

Secret Tomb works, not sure 'bout Dxun yet :P

Hey Darkkender, what's next for Holowan? [why do I have the feeling I just butched the name?]

Any more awesome mod's you can add?

PS: Is there any other Hardcore mod that makes the game harder yet? :\
 Fuu
12-10-2005, 4:00 AM
Isint Beancounter's Hardcore mod included in the plugin? I could have sworn.........
 TheOneMan
12-10-2005, 5:45 AM
Isint Beancounter's Hardcore mod included in the plugin? I could have sworn.........

It is, I believe. But even then, that still doesn't make it any harder :S With all the items and such, the Hardcore mod doesn't liven it up.

Nihilus was a wimp. Sion's a joke and Kreia was weaker then Atris :S

Hell, even Atris went down in about 3 - 4 hits from the items I had :S
 Darth Smaug
12-14-2005, 7:41 AM
Great work guys..
I always loved the holowan plug-in's..
 nublet
01-28-2006, 4:54 AM
Anyone seem to have an issue with the RH_Correction Armband? When I try to use it, a purplish ball of lighting appears, sputters, and dies. Nothing else happens.
 Guttahtrash
02-02-2006, 5:00 PM
First off, WOW!!!???!!! I handn't played the game for a few months, and came across Redhawk's page while kind of surfing one day. So I re-installed TSL, and used those mods exclusively (all the mods even say they are compatable with each other), because I wasn't sure if others would be compatible with it.... Played through the game Male Darksider. Then I discovered, all my favorite Redhawk mods, were included with this. Now, I find myself spending hours..... HOURS just re-equiping my party every single time I enter the Ebon Hawk(using this and USM for the record). This is so over-the top. It is Out-@#%&*@-Standing!!!

Now the issues.
1. same as nublet above "issue with the RH_Correction Armband"

2. The fix for Korriban cave worked. Now I'm trying to do the Dxun temple, and I get to the end, and one of the sith dudes (at the sarcophegus) wont turn hostile, so I can't kill him, so I can't progress. (Female Lightsider)

Any thoughts?

The Scum, The Lonely,
-Guttahtrash
 stoffe
02-02-2006, 5:16 PM
2. The fix for Korriban cave worked. Now I'm trying to do the Dxun temple, and I get to the end, and one of the sith dudes (at the sarcophegus) wont turn hostile, so I can't kill him, so I can't progress. (Female Lightsider)

He isn't supposed to go hostile, he's supposed to die during the cutscene when they break the Ritual.

That he does not is probably caused by a "bug" that in that cutscene script that fails to anticipate the player being very high level, or using mods.

If you are very high level, or use a difficulty upping mod, it may cause the Dark Jedi Master to end up with more than 1000 Vitality, making him survive the ritual since the script tries to kill him by applying 1000 damage to him.

See this thread (http://64.20.36.211/showthread.php?t=150077) for more information and a possible fix (link to file in the last post in that thread).
 Guttahtrash
02-02-2006, 6:57 PM
Wow, thanks for the quick response stoffe. That worked like a charm, I really appreciate it. Ok, so I'm left with only one thing, the RH_Correction Armband. This isn't game stopping or anything, but could definetly help the roleplaying aspect of the game. (having to talk like a Sith to gain influence, when I'm trying to be a Jedi or vice-versa... no matter what my persuade is, totally takes me out of the role-playing experience)

The Scum, The Lonely,
-Guttahtrash
 RedHawke
02-03-2006, 1:14 AM
^^^^
Well, I wish I could answer you but being this is the plugin only Darkkender can solve your problems with the armband. Though it 'sounds' to me like the spells.2da file is messed up or the armbands .uti file is set to the wrong line in spells.2da.

I cannot fix it though as I do not use the plugin. Hopefully Darkkender can look into it as it is likely a simple uti edit to fix.

If you are so inclined, you would likely need to open up your overrides spells.2da then see what line toward the bottom is the one for my armband (I believe I used an RH somewhere in the row), then open up the armbands .uti file and check to see if the armbands spell property is calling that spells.2da row number. If not correct it to the proper row number you see in spells.2da then save the armbands .uti file to your override over the faulty one and go back in the game cheat for another one equip it and see if it works.
 Darkkender
02-03-2006, 11:14 AM
I've been hard at work recovering much of my modding materials off of backups so once I've gotten that done I'll take a look at both the uti and spells.2da entry. Since I had been working on a updated version of this mod that had been near release it does have a priority for me to get back to it and finish it up along with other reported bug fixes.
 Guttahtrash
02-06-2006, 3:07 AM
Cool Darkkender, I appreciate it. I made the attempt to fix it myself as Redhawke suggested, I downloaded all the tools, compared files from the Holowan Plugin to the RH_Correction single download from Redhawks site, compared everything line by line, but alas, I realized about 3 hours in... I don't have any Earthly idea what I'm doing or what I'm looking for. I guess I was just hoping to find the "Easy Button".

Whenever you get to it is cool. Great compilation of mods, by the way.

The Scum, The Lonely,
-Guttahtrash
 Darth Stryke
02-08-2006, 10:31 AM
For me the most annoying thing is messed up appearances. For example, the Revan Robes when I make them look like the Jedi Armor in appearance when I wear them (the ones based on Bandon's armor appearance) I was gonna edit the 2das myself but I am so busy I figured I'll wait for an update, lol.
 Darkkender
02-08-2006, 12:31 PM
For me the most annoying thing is messed up appearances. For example, the Revan Robes when I make them look like the Jedi Armor in appearance when I wear them (the ones based on Bandon's armor appearance) I was gonna edit the 2das myself but I am so busy I figured I'll wait for an update, lol.

Which appearances are messed up? is it all of them or just some of them that use the Bandons armor? Because I know it can't be all of them unless you have installed other mods that use the same tga files but don't mesh with the armor.

Or is it just the Bandons armor appearance in general that you don't like?
 Darth Stryke
02-08-2006, 4:20 PM
The Revans robes are one I noticed. When I wear them my character is wearing Bandon style armor robes instead of Revan/Starforge style robes. If this is supposed to be like this then nevermind. The only two mods I have installed are USM and this.
 Darkkender
02-09-2006, 10:39 AM
The Revans robes are one I noticed. When I wear them my character is wearing Bandon style armor robes instead of Revan/Starforge style robes. If this is supposed to be like this then nevermind. The only two mods I have installed are USM and this.

This is how it is supposed to be however since I'm trying to reassemble things for a 2nd release one of the many things I'm doing is trying to use the TSLPatcher and trying to give people install choices which was supposed to happen on first release and I got to frustrated with the process. Now I have plenty of time again and a community much deserving of these features.
 Darth Stryke
02-09-2006, 11:23 AM
Ohh, I didn't realize that. I was thinking that they would have the same appearance as the KOTOR and TSL Revan White Robes mod. Okay, that answers my question. Thanks!
 seawolfe
02-20-2006, 12:48 PM
I haven't read through the entire thread, so this may have already been addressed.
After installing the plugin and starting a new game, the security panel in the comm room, of the Ebon Hawk, does not work. The workbench comes up fine, but selecting any of the camera options gives a black screen.

Edit: Probably been talked about as well, but some sort of manager to enable/disable parts of the plugin would be nice. Or break it out into something that can be managed with KMM?

Seawolfe
 Darkkender
02-21-2006, 1:15 AM
I haven't read through the entire thread, so this may have already been addressed.
After installing the plugin and starting a new game, the security panel in the comm room, of the Ebon Hawk, does not work. The workbench comes up fine, but selecting any of the camera options gives a black screen.

I'll look into this but I don't recall directly changing that particular dialogue.

Edit: Probably been talked about as well, but some sort of manager to enable/disable parts of the plugin would be nice. Or break it out into something that can be managed with KMM?

As for breaking it down for KMM into multiples that isn't very likely. However Just a few posts above I was discussing the fact that the next release would include a installer hopefully with optional install options. However if you want a simple method you could always download each and every mod listed in the readmes archive and break apart the mods and trying to break them into there component parts and use the 2da's from the Plugin.
 ChAiNz.2da
02-21-2006, 5:41 AM
After installing the plugin and starting a new game, the security panel in the comm room, of the Ebon Hawk, does not work. The workbench comes up fine, but selecting any of the camera options gives a black screen.I'll look into this but I don't recall directly changing that particular dialogue.
I think it's a problem with Maverick187's Shop & Workbench Mod and not your mod :)

It adds a shop to the comm panel that includes all of his modded items, however I ran into the same problem when using it before (the camera issue)...
 Excalibur Bane
03-03-2006, 11:08 PM
Hi guys,

I took advice about which mods to install from a member here in a previous post (the kind fellow's name eludes me) and I installed the Holowan Plugin and it's corresponding patch. I had only progressed to the end of Telos so I decided to restart new.

I'm having a few problems so far. When I got to the first room where you gain your first level, get the cutscene from Kreia about regaining your force power, and each of the dead Dock Officer's bodies had a datapad with the same thing on it. Except only one had my PC's name in the right place. Something about the Ebon Hawk inventory.

Also, I loaded up my previous game just to see what I could build, and I couldn't construct any of the Stormtrooper or Clone Trooper armors. The option was there at the workbench in Handmaiden's quarters, but when I selected it, there were no options to build anything. It was blank.

I also noticed that Force Persuasion is not in the powers menu, I have a weird energy globe icon with three progressions, but the description is completely empty and it's not named.

I parsed the main readme file, and installed per the instructions, USM first and then the Holowan plugin, followed the patch for it. Forgive me if I missed something. Are these things normal or did I screw something up? The number of readme files in the credits archive is rather mindblowing. I didn't care to go through each and every one of them to see every change. I assume they all work together?

Lastly, I'm not sure how I missed this little gem but I did, and this mod is truly impressive. 700+ MBs of mods all wrapped up in one nice, tiddy little package. My thanks to all the people that contributed their mods to it, so far it looks fantastic!
 Darkkender
03-05-2006, 11:55 AM
There were some changes with the Stormtrooper & clonetrooper armor locations. You might want to try a certain extra workbench on the Ebon Hawk. You might also want to be a higher level. :p The dock officer datapad issue is a hangover from one of the mods merged into there. In the upcoming version This will be resolved. I believe that force persuasion can be resolved be re-installing the original dialogue.tlk file.
 Excalibur Bane
03-09-2006, 10:53 PM
There were some changes with the Stormtrooper & clonetrooper armor locations. You might want to try a certain extra workbench on the Ebon Hawk. You might also want to be a higher level. :p The dock officer datapad issue is a hangover from one of the mods merged into there. In the upcoming version This will be resolved. I believe that force persuasion can be resolved be re-installing the original dialogue.tlk file.

Holy. I spent days trying to figure out where my original post went off to. I guess a mod moved in here. Go figure :P

Anyway, yeah. I have the extra work benches but if I try to build anything, nothing is showing up in the Stormtrooper/Clonetrooper build menus. In fact, the only workbench choice that does have stuff in them is the Holowan one. It's got a ton of stuff.

I had restarted at any rate. I just arrived at Telos. I guess I've had a dark side shift, and my portrait has changed. Now it's just a white picture. How do I fix that?

As a sidenote though. I barely made it though Peragus, I was laughing my guts out too hard over tripping over no less then 12 dead Dock Officers. God, that was some funny stuff. :D

I ended up adding in the Clonetroopers manually with add item for the moment. That rifle is one seriously big ass gun.
 Darkkender
03-09-2006, 11:34 PM
Holy. I spent days trying to figure out where my original post went off to. I guess a mod moved in here. Go figure :P

Anyway, yeah. I have the extra work benches but if I try to build anything, nothing is showing up in the Stormtrooper/Clonetrooper build menus. In fact, the only workbench choice that does have stuff in them is the Holowan one. It's got a ton of stuff.

I had restarted at any rate. I just arrived at Telos. I guess I've had a dark side shift, and my portrait has changed. Now it's just a white picture. How do I fix that?

What level are you when trying to build the clonetrooper armor?

There may be a level requirement that got built into the workbench for them. Off hand I'm not sure I'll have to check later.

As to the white picture either you are missing a tga from overide or I missed the entry in portaits.2da. Since I'm trying to rebuild this mod anyways if you can archive a copy of your game save and post it later I'll be able to figure out which appearance needs fixing.
 Arakorn-eir
06-20-2006, 5:24 AM
Hi. I noticed a bug or something.

Swoop racing (on Telos) is impossible! :(

I've beaten most swoop races in TSL, but now I trigger the mines though I'm far from them! It worked just fine before I got the holowan plugin...
 Darkkender
06-20-2006, 11:25 AM

I've beaten most swoop races in TSL, but now I trigger the mines though I'm far from them! It worked just fine before I got the holowan plugin...

I don't think the Holowan Plugin can take credit for that bug as there is no mods that were a part of it that had anything to do with swoop racing at all. It is a well documented fact that TSL itself is relatively buggy. It could have easily been nothing more than pure luck that the mines never went off on you before. It could also be another mod that you have installed or if your non-modded game was with or without the patch for TSL. Which the patching issue would also apply to your modded game.

If you want to go through file by file removing and replacing to see which one is causing the problem I could easily try to figure out what produced the problem. However I find it unlikely any of the files from the [TSL]HP are what's causing this problem.
 Spec-K
06-20-2006, 11:08 PM

I have the same problem. I only use two mods when playing TSL: the USM and the Holowan Plugin, and as far as I know USM doesn't have anything to do with the swoop races. I actually remember fixing the problem about a year ago, although I'm not sure how I did it :P Had something to do with deleting the 211TEL.mod file in the modules folder, or some other similarly named file in override... but I really can't remember, so I suggest you back the files up before you try anything. If all else fails, try getting Drath333's Easy Swoop Racing mod.

Personally I'm waiting on the Holowan Plugin v2 before I play TSL again.
 Darkkender
06-21-2006, 11:12 AM
Personally I'm waiting on the Holowan Plugin v2 before I play TSL again.

Hmm is this a hint that I see. The general lack of reaction to the idea caused me to table it for another month or so. But if there is interest I'll return to work on it.

As to the 211TEL.mod file I didn't recall that one being in there I'll have to take a look see. If that's the case I'll double check it's original mod makers design and purpose so as to inform them as well. (*Starts thinking this may have been from Mac's earliest DAP release.*)
 Spec-K
06-21-2006, 7:33 PM
Hmm is this a hint that I see

Glad you can appreciate my subtlety.

I can't speak for anyone else (obviously) but I am certainly interested in v2 of the Holowan Plugin. Like I said I only use HP and USM, and if v2 is as good as the original (minus the bugs) and with more content including some more recent mods, I'm all for it.

Of course if you decide that there isn't enough interest among the TSL modders/players, it's your prerogative to scrap it. All I ask is that, if you decide not to continue with it, make a post saying so.

Thanks mate, appreciate your work
 Darkkender
06-22-2006, 11:25 AM
I got only one maybe two responses to include other peoples mods in a 2nd version which makes it tough to feel like there is any interest from the community as a whole. It has long been a plan to build a 2nd version to continually support the community. I figured I would back burner it again and plug for interest in a couple months. During that time I could put more effort forth into project THOR. The cool part of project THOR is that it would include a variety of assets from the HP that have been approved by there original creators and integrated through out the mod.
 zulu9812
06-29-2006, 4:38 PM
I'd like to see a version 2 of the plugin
 jencatti
07-05-2006, 11:24 AM
umm... just one question. you know there are two different lightsaber models that are supposed to replace red lightsabers right?

oh and by the way if i can get my mods uploaded by then maybe you could include some of mine :)
 Darkkender
07-05-2006, 11:26 AM
umm... just one question. you know there are two different lightsaber models that are supposed to replace red lightsabers right?

Huh? What are you refering too?
 jencatti
07-05-2006, 11:59 AM
both the lightsaber in the sith elite gear by jmac7142 and gsccc's vader hilt replace red lightsabers
 Darkkender
07-05-2006, 12:24 PM
Most likely only portions of Jmac's mod were included or if his lightsaber used the default Red saber hilt then it was likely replaced with the Vader Hilt. However many of the Unique hilts have there own Item files with there own 2da entries While I know that Gsccc's doesn't by default in his original mod I believe I might have made it unique in the Holowan Plugin. Since I'm nowhere near home right now I couldn't say for certain which of the methods was used. However I can say I put alot of effort into not overwriting anybody's unique hilts with other unique hilts. So much so that I know I added numerous new UTI's and upcrystals entries just to accomodate this factor.
 jencatti
07-07-2006, 2:37 PM
ahh ok, just making sure that you were aware of this
 Spec-K
08-18-2006, 1:34 AM
I was wondering, how do I restore the Sith soldiers in TSL to their original appearance? They currently look like Stormtroopers, and while I do find satisfaction in taking a lightsaber to them, they just feel out of place in the game; I mean it's meant to be 5000 years before the rise of the Empire and so forth.

I tried to just delete the files but I ended up getting headless soldiers. Any help would be appreciated
 Mav
08-18-2006, 1:50 AM
I was wondering, how do I restore the Sith soldiers in TSL to their original appearance? They currently look like Stormtroopers, and while I do find satisfaction in taking a lightsaber to them, they just feel out of place in the game; I mean it's meant to be 5000 years before the rise of the Empire and so forth.

I tried to just delete the files but I ended up getting headless soldiers. Any help would be appreciated

I'm about 99% sure that the mod causing the replacement of the sith soldiers with the stormtrooper armor is Primes, after all I don't know anyone else making stormtrooper armor :p. Anyway, he would have had to edit the appearence.2da lines for the sith trooper as well as include new textures, lucky for you I just so happen to have Prime's readme, hope he doesn't mind me posting a section of it, you'll have to re-edit the appearence.2da lines back to their original "values".

Prime's Readme
Sith Trooper replacement
PMBH01.tga - texture for the stormtrooper replacement armour suit
appearance.2da - alters the Sith troopers to use stormtrooper armour
heads.2da - specifies new head to use for troopers
itemcreate.2da - allows helmet, armour, and blaster to be creatable on the workbench
itemcreatemira.2da - allows helmet, armour, and blaster to be creatable on the workbench
STHA04.mdl - helmet model for trooper replacement
STHA04.mdx - helmet model for trooper replacement
----------------------------------
appearance.2da
- edited line 28 Sith_Soldier_01
- edited line 44 Sith_Soldier_02
- edited line 261 Sith_Soldier_03
- edited line 338 Lite_Sith_Soldier
- edited line 508 Sith_Commando_01_A
- edited line 509 Sith_Commando_01_B
- edited line 510 Sith_Commando_01_C

Edit - to above posts:

both the lightsaber in the sith elite gear by jmac7142 and gsccc's vader hilt replace red lightsabers
I don't know what DK did with jmac7142's saber, but I do know that Gsccc's vader hilt is the default model for the red saber.

I'll look into this but I don't recall directly changing that particular dialogue.
I think it's a problem with Maverick187's Shop & Workbench Mod and not your mod :)

It adds a shop to the comm panel that includes all of his modded items, however I ran into the same problem when using it before (the camera issue)...

My apologies, I don't believe I've ever had a bug report about it before nor can I remember encountering it, I've "re-created" the file and you can download the fix here (http://files.filefront.com/secsysdlg/;5420313;;/fileinfo.html)
 Darkkender
08-18-2006, 11:28 AM
I'll post that fix link in the first thread Mav. But I didn't point the finger at you Chainz.2da did.
 Spec-K
08-18-2006, 6:11 PM
Thanks for the info Mav, I'll get right on to it now.

Plus, I can confirm a glitch with the security panel in the comm room, however for me it just went back to the initial camera selection screen when you selected a camera, not a black screen.
 Mav
08-18-2006, 6:30 PM
I'll post that fix link in the first thread Mav. But I didn't point the finger at you Chainz.2da did.

Don't worry no offense was taken, I'm not mad or anything, just never been brought to my attention before, my guess is that I originally edited the dialogue with KT and lost some information or the file got "corrupted" someway. The fix I uploaded should work though, I playtested it and everything.

Thanks for the info Mav, I'll get right on to it now.

Plus, I can confirm a glitch with the security panel in the comm room, however for me it just went back to the initial camera selection screen when you selected a camera, not a black screen.

Glad I could help, and if you download and install the fix it should work ;)

Mav
 Addlcove
08-19-2006, 5:46 AM
Hey Guys

I seem to have slight problem, although in honesty it may be me being stupid, since I'm not even sure that the problem originated with this mod.

I have some additional lenses, emmiters and cells installed and some armor upgrades

such as "Master Khardon Emitter", "Vrellite Intensity Lens" and "Coyonite Energy Cell", along with "Nanoweave Overlay and underlay"

none of these can be added to the object, they are simply not shown as availble when I try to add them to a saber/armor.

would anyone have an idea as to why?

only mods installed are this one, USM, some fixes for random bugs and the skip peragus mod
 Mav
08-19-2006, 6:48 AM
^^^
Addlcove,

Well, the Master Khardon Emitter, Vrellite Intensity Lens and Coyonite Energy Cell are all from both RedHawke and myself's Prestige Item Pack mod and I believe the Nanoweave Overlay and Underlay were a part of one of Darkkenders mods. Both of which mods were a part of the plug-in, so to answer one of your questions, yes they are from the plug-in. However, I can't speak for the plug-in as I did not put it together, but as far as the upgrades from the Prestige Item Pack, I can confirm that it is not a problem with those items .uti files, as both RH and myself have play tested that mod thouroughly.
Page: 6 of 10