Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Page: 4 of 4
 Prime
06-20-2003, 5:48 PM
The trooper skins are coming along nicely. I'll probably post some screenshots soon (after I send them to you Kengo).
 Kengo
06-22-2003, 9:00 PM
Great news Prime, I very much look forward to it :)

I must appologise for the lack of screenshots, here are a couple of action shots...

http://www.massassi.net/ec/images/11505.jpg)
http://www.massassi.net/ec/images/11507.jpg)

I'm gonna compile and test everything I've tried to work on after the first round of beta testing tommorow, more pics coming up!
 master_thomas
06-23-2003, 12:23 AM
Looking good Kengo.
 lassev
06-23-2003, 3:39 AM
Yeah, I can tell this level contains a lot of action. And you must also be careful, because the imperials just don't leave crates and barrels of ammo lying aroung in these maps. It suit me, because it encourages the slow playing style I always cherish.

I especially liked those extraordinary (Matrix inspired?) columns in that one big room.
 Kengo
06-23-2003, 7:50 AM
Originally posted by lassev
Yeah, I can tell this level contains a lot of action. And you must also be careful, because the imperials just don't leave crates and barrels of ammo lying aroung in these maps. It suit me, because it encourages the slow playing style I always cherish.

I especially liked those extraordinary (Matrix inspired?) columns in that one big room.

I've added some more ammo and health to make it a little less impossible, but I still want it to be a challenge - its worthwhile to creep around a bit. Yeh, those columns were Matrix inspired, its an old trick I used in Prison Escape, always worth re-using old material I say :)
 master_thomas
06-23-2003, 2:47 PM
I'm thinking that my gun-shot-dynamic-light mod would look good with the RN-115 Assault Blaster Rifle.
 Kengo
06-23-2003, 6:29 PM
Originally posted by master_thomas
I'm thinking that my gun-shot-dynamic-light mod would look good with the RN-115 Assault Blaster Rifle.

I appreciate the thought but I'm not very fond of that look myself. All the gun modding is pretty much almost done already. More pics tonight or tommorow, beta testing continues...slowly reducing the massive list of problems :)
 Kengo
06-27-2003, 9:49 AM
Well, after some more work and testing last night, I'm basically declaring the mapping and scripting done! All that remain now are getting all the subtitles working, and some outside resources, and the documentation. Does anyone have any ideas why sometimes subtitles in palces don't work. It all works except for two maps, which work for a few lines then stop working. Any ideas? Frankly, I'm glad to have reached this point where I can now take a more lesuirely apporach to the project until its done, because yesterday my right eye was twitching all day...and now I seem to have RSI on my clicking finger on the right hand :D

I'll have some time to put some more shots up later :)
 Prime
06-27-2003, 6:42 PM
Originally posted by Kengo
All that remain now are getting all the subtitles working, and some outside resources, and the documentation. I would be one of those "outside resources". :) I have the the basic trooper pretty much done, and I am just trying a few tweeks here and there. However, I find that most of the tweeks I try at this point I'm deciding against, which tends to mean I'm done :) Hopefully this weekend I finish the trooper outfit, and then I can start on finishing the different characters. This shouldn't take too long, since the suit should fit the different models, because most use the same body. I'm aiming for everything to be done by next weekend.

Kengo, I'll probably send you some updated screenshots early next week...
 Kengo
06-27-2003, 11:38 PM
That's wonderful news Prime :D The rate and quality of your work is really astounding, I'm really looking forward to seeing how the finished skins look in the levels! :)
 Tyler_Durden
06-29-2003, 8:42 PM
Hey Kengo, this mod just keeps getting better and better. I played your previous works and i especially enjoyed your prison escape map. Some great work there. Now this project just sounds groundbreaking in terms of gameplay and also adds a new dimension to JO. I also think it's pretty awesome that you can include some new weapons ingame instead of having the same old ones we always use.

Hey is there any place where we can download the DL-44? I always wanted to use the weapon and i seen model shots of one in progress about a year ago but it looks like the guy never completed it.
 Kengo
06-29-2003, 11:03 PM
Thanks a lot man, I appreciate it :) You can get the beautiful DL-44 model with the equally wonderful Han Solo skin at http://www.jk2files.com/file.info?ID=7779) Both the skin and model are by the scarily talented Major Clod, and the weapon even comes with customised sounds which just make you want to use it :D
 lassev
07-05-2003, 10:12 AM
From news gathered everywhere, I think we are going to get the final product next week, aren't we? Considering the number of third party components, it's a good achievement to integrate it all together to a working packet. I'm really looking forward to seeing all the faces of the biographied fellows and hearing their voices. The cinematics should prove interesting now that everything is at it's proper place.

And also I'm looking forward to playing the game without my bullets running out and crying desperately for even one little bacta. Man, it was hard...
 Kengo
07-05-2003, 1:08 PM
Sorry to say I found out earlier today due to outside resources it will be delayed maybe a week or so, possibly a bit more depending. However, never fear, I'm gonna get some screenshots up later, and I now have the documentation pretty much done, the subtitles should be fixed (thanks to Leslie) and I have of course added some SERIOUS ammo :D Gonna work on the levelshots later too, and just throwing in as many extras as I can.

I've added a lightsaber as an extra special Easter Egg for all those beta tester who said they missed having it around :) It's so obscure though, you should only find it after you see its location revealed at the end of the end credits...
 Prime
07-05-2003, 2:02 PM
Sorry to say I found out earlier today due to outside resources it will be delayed maybe a week or so, possibly a bit more depending... This is my fault guys. I am on vacation this week and unfortunately I didn't get my part finished before I left like I had hoped. But as soon as I get back next week I'll finish things up. It shouldn't take long at all (a few days at most).

So direct your flames and blame at me for delaying this awesome project. Sorry :(
 Kengo
07-05-2003, 4:47 PM
Hey Prime, worry ye not, your great work on these skins is very much appreciated and I am happy to wait while you take a well earned break, it just gives me the opportunity to polish things some :D I know you aren't the type to rush something just to get it done if it isn't going to be as good as you want, and I respect that as well. It's actually pretty well timed for me anyway, I have a few things coming up that would have slowed the project down anyway.
 Prime
07-05-2003, 5:53 PM
Cool :) It shouldn't take long to finish after I'm back...
 Kengo
07-06-2003, 9:59 AM
Some promised screenshots:

http://www.massassi.net/ec/images/11765.jpg)
Failure

http://www.massassi.net/ec/images/11766.jpg)
A (kind of) new NPC you may rememebr...the Imperial Commando! Model by Corto Maltes (www.cortocg.com)

http://www.massassi.net/ec/images/11767.jpg)
Take some of THIS

http://www.massassi.net/ec/images/11768.jpg)
An older shot with temporary skybox, just to show some architectural stuff

I'm trying to show some good stuff without giving everything away...

Been working on the documentation a lot, yet another character bio:

Micheal Jameson
Head of Galtech Industries
Race: Human
Home Planet: Corellia
Voice Actor: (In Occupation) Erik "Muurn" Moon

Galtech's founder Micheal Jameson is well known for going against the established system and it was a typical act for him to base his company on a planet not in the busiest parts of the Hub but somewhere between the Hub and the Rim of the Republic. A Corellian with a strong independant streak, he often visits his beloved homeworld. Details of his activities in the Galactic Civil war, and in the years preceeding it are hazy at best, certainly he did not set up Galtech until shortly after the Galatic Civil War ended. There are many rumours about his past, none have much proof behind them. Kyle doesn't trust him, along with several important New Republic figures. Also disliked by much of the Corperate sector in general, he appears to be low on friends.
 lassev
07-06-2003, 11:25 AM
Nice screenshots. Quite finely elaborate the fact that many of your enemies in this campaign are not of the usual stock. It would be nice of you to show the faces of the biographied fellows, if you don't think it would spoil too much.

However, you could still, now that Prime gave you an excuse, do some juicy texture alignment. For example, if you look at your second figure, you see that the texture on the wall with the lamp does not end near the ceiling, as does the same texture on the wall with the doorway or in the corridor.

And if I may suggest further, it wouldn't hurt to add a couple'o'windows to your town. In fact, now that I think of it, it might be a good advice to me likewise. Maybe I should spend an hour or two to add some windows to the beautiful archipelago surrounding Lighthouse. Oh, thanks for giving me this idea!
 Prime
07-21-2003, 1:12 AM
Just a note, but I have sent my skins to Kengo, so it shouldn't be long now (not to put pressure on you Kengo :D )
 The Cheat
07-21-2003, 1:16 AM
sweet screenshots, love that it has the awesome gun thinghy in there
 Kengo
07-21-2003, 9:02 AM
Thanks everyone :)

Yes, Prime has got those skins to me, in a short time later today I will start work on finishing Occupation 2 up for release, I'm not likely to stop till it's complete :D
 lassev
08-05-2003, 11:34 AM
Have you released this campaign yet? I didn't find it at PCGameMods. From what I have heard, I though it's quite finished already. Have you got some setbacks?
 Prime
08-05-2003, 2:24 PM
I'm wondering about the status as well...
 Eldritch
08-05-2003, 3:41 PM
Kengo, if you're still up for sending it to me in pieces, let me know next time you see me on MSN.

I can reassemble it and submit it for you.
 Kengo
08-05-2003, 10:54 PM
Thanks for the offer El, however I've already submitted it to PCGM in pieces (4), just in order to save time. So when you return, or when the death threats reach Rgoer, it will all be there ready :)

Thanks for the interest guys, I am just enjoying the fact I don't really have to worry about it anymore, and the fact it will get posted. I'll get some screenshots of the finished version up soon, played it through again with someone today and they enjoyed it, and it didn't crash once, always a good sign :D
 Kengo
08-14-2003, 5:01 PM
Occupation 2: Antaean Assualt

By Simon "Kengo" Williams

Avaliable from:
http://www.pcgamemods.com/2070/)

Featuring:
ACTION!
http://www.massassi.net/ec/images/12269.jpg)

SUSPENSE!
http://www.massassi.net/ec/images/12267.jpg)
RN-115 uses the DC-15 mod which was part of the Episode II weapons mod by Spectrum, author of OmniMod

TOUGH CHOICES!
http://www.massassi.net/ec/images/12271.jpg)

DANGER!!!
http://www.massassi.net/ec/images/12272.jpg)

ROMANCE...
http://www.massassi.net/ec/images/12282.jpg)
DL-44 model and sounds by Major Clod

INTRIGUE?
http://www.massassi.net/ec/images/12280.jpg)

COMRADESHIP
http://www.massassi.net/ec/images/12266.jpg)
First Landing Assualt Team 7
All skins by Prime

RED EYES
http://www.massassi.net/ec/images/12268.jpg)
Sgt. Deltak Voice by Eldritch Skin by Prime

KYLE KATARN IN A SUPPORTING ROLE
http://www.massassi.net/ec/images/12273.jpg)
For which he was paid excessively

A REALLY EXPENSIVE SET AND A CAST OF THOUSANDS...HUNDREDS
http://www.massassi.net/ec/images/12274.jpg)

NOW SHOWING AT http://www.pcgamemods.com/2070/!)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
All First Landing Assualt Team 7 skins by Prime
Imperial Commando model by Corto Maltes

Stephen "Wotno" Peacock as Lt. A. Marshall

Chronocrossed as Kyle Katarn, Aldranicus, Doctor

Eldritch as Himself, Sgt. Deltak

Richard "frances_farmer" White as Cpl. Reton, Yulnari, Ryar Iyet

Leo "Darth Exodus" Thornton as Drynalt, Shim Azu Uesegi

Mauri "Darkblade" Majanoja as Republic Commander Raikkonen

David "Grim_Squeaker" Bradshaw as Ryek DeMetz

William Grammer as Remnant Commander Taulk

Louis Granato III as Himself, Chevolt

Wedge as Himself, Captain Larson

Simon "Kengo" Williams as Himself, Edry

Skyboxes by Leslie Judge

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 Neverhoodian
08-14-2003, 5:56 PM
Ooh, the hype. As soon as I get a new video card and reinstall JO, I'm gonna download this. (computer crashed and I have only 16 colors. Bleh) I enjoyed the first Occupation level, and now I can't wait for this one! The screenshots looked amazing even with only 16 colors. Good job!
 Eldritch
08-14-2003, 6:29 PM
I'm pretty anxious to play the finished product myself, Kengo.

It really came together well, didn't it? :D
 clu
08-14-2003, 6:48 PM
Congratulations!

-clu
 Kengo
08-14-2003, 11:26 PM
Thanks guys :) Yeh, I must admit, the plan is basically just to hype it up as much as possible!
 lassev
08-15-2003, 4:44 AM
Oh yeah. I'm looking forward to dying again for the lack of ammo and health. It was so frustrating the first time. Man, it was hard!

Congratulations! The skins look amazings, and no doubt the sounds are very suitable to the characters. With all the enhancements you have done, this is no doubt the best custom level that offers action without a saber. It was far more fun to play without the lightsaber your levels than the first Raven SP levels, for some reason.
 boinga1
08-16-2003, 1:27 PM
:rolleyes: Kengo...
 Eldritch
08-16-2003, 6:01 PM
:rolleyes: :fire2: boinga1...
 boinga1
08-17-2003, 10:02 PM
[/surrender] Peace, man! I'm just joking about the way Kengo...hypes it all up so well. He should really be on the Episode III advertising team.
 Neverhoodian
08-19-2003, 11:22 PM
I've played the first three levels or so, and I must say that this is GREAT! Seldom have I downloaded a mod that was so challenging. (notice I said "challenging," not "screaming, hair-pulling impossible") The secret room's a gas! I've just taken the barracks route; I'll try the spaceport way the second time around. Kudos to a job well done!
 <EJK>DevMapAll
08-20-2003, 8:37 PM
is it out yet? where?
 Neverhoodian
08-20-2003, 10:35 PM
Check out pcgamemods.com, they have it. It's gotten an excellent rating by those who played it. (8.8, the last time I checked.)
 <EJK>DevMapAll
08-20-2003, 11:22 PM
pcgamemods is kinda....down

its remodeling..........or something
 wedge2211
08-21-2003, 1:57 AM
 <EJK>DevMapAll
08-21-2003, 8:31 PM
which is odd, since whenever I searched for it all I got was an error message. But thanks to your link, I now have it! I'll play it and tell ya what I think.

*jumps around in anticipation as file downloads*
 master_thomas
08-21-2003, 9:31 PM
Originally posted by <EJK>DevMapAll
which is odd, since whenever I searched for it all I got was an error message. But thanks to your link, I now have it! I'll play it and tell ya what I think.

*jumps around in anticipation as file downloads*

Heh, that also happened to me. Wedge helped me on that too. :eek: I jumped around in anticipation during the download as well. Are we linked in some way?
 <EJK>DevMapAll
08-23-2003, 2:04 PM
well, i played it. I give it a 9.8. Only a few things wrong, sometimes in cinematics the speech wouldn't match up with the subtitles. The subtitle would be 'we're heading in' and they'd say 'we're going in', things like that. I also see you left plenty of room for occupation 3. So, all I can say is.

SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE T!
 Eldritch
08-23-2003, 2:44 PM
Originally posted by <EJK>DevMapAll
Only a few things wrong, sometimes in cinematics the speech wouldn't match up with the subtitles. The subtitle would be 'we're heading in' and they'd say 'we're going in', things like that.
Yeah, I can see how that would ruin someone's enjoyment of the game. :rolleyes:

Things like that happen. It happened in the regular SP version of JO as well.
 <EJK>DevMapAll
08-24-2003, 4:01 PM
Originally posted by Eldritch
Yeah, I can see how that would ruin someone's enjoyment of the game.

Just telling him why I didn't think it was perfect.

But of course, nothing is perfect. 9.8 is pretty dang close tho.
 Kengo
08-25-2003, 11:12 AM
Originally posted by boinga1
[/surrender] Peace, man! I'm just joking about the way Kengo...hypes it all up so well. He should really be on the Episode III advertising team.

Amen to that man :) Big thanks to Eldritch and Sergio of course for Occupation 2 being up at PCGM 2.0. I'm now back from hols and will send it around to as man other sites I can think of. In response - Never, glad you liked it :) It seems to have been termed 'dfficult' or 'challenging' by most people who have played it, which is a big imporvement from the 'barely possible using God mode' settings from the beta....eh Lassev ;)?

Dev, glad you liked it as well - those errors are in the end, down to me running out of steam at the end a little, plus of course my famous lack of attention to mistkaes!

(that one was deliberate!)

Feedback very much welcome :)
 lassev
08-25-2003, 11:26 AM
Amen to that man :) Big thanks to Eldritch and Sergio of course for Occupation 2 being up at PCGM 2.0. I'm now back from hols and will send it around to as man other sites I can think of. In response - Never, glad you liked it :) It seems to have been termed 'dfficult' or 'challenging' by most people who have played it, which is a big imporvement from the 'barely possible using God mode' settings from the beta....eh Lassev ;)?

Feedback very much welcome :)
Oh, yes. The difficulty was just perfect here. Sometimes I found myself cursing the lack of ammo and health, but then at the last possible moment I got some more, and the killing game went on. That's how it's supposed to be. To spend all the ammo of all the weapons, and then suddenly get some more. Then spend them all... And so on. I remember running back long corridors to get the one last health pack I left behind just in case...
 <EJK>DevMapAll
08-25-2003, 7:38 PM
Originally posted by lassev
Oh, yes. The difficulty was just perfect here. Sometimes I found myself cursing the lack of ammo and health, but then at the last possible moment I got some more, and the killing game went on. That's how it's supposed to be. To spend all the ammo of all the weapons, and then suddenly get some more. Then spend them all... And so on. I remember running back long corridors to get the one last health pack I left behind just in case...

My thoughts exactly. Although I waste ammo like a 2-mile to the gallon car, so after O2Town I barely ever used my RN-115 up until HQ when there were all those flechette-troops.

Can't tell you enough how good this is. Everyone I know that plays JK2 on PC, I've told them to get this.:)
Page: 4 of 4