Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

The Return of Mara Jade

Page: 8 of 12
 Darsha_x1
10-20-2002, 7:08 PM
nooo , don't loose the ponytail version , it was my fav
 Eldritch
10-20-2002, 7:55 PM
Originally posted by DarkLord_44
Is there a certain mhz format I need to do because somewhere I thought I saw 44mhz sound. Anyway what are the correct names lol.

They have to be 112 kbps 44,100 MHz MP3s for the game to be able to use them.

-Anakin
 DarkLord_44
10-20-2002, 9:52 PM
I did it but it came out like Mara was a chipmunk :(
 Eldritch
10-20-2002, 10:09 PM
I did it but it came out like Mara was a chipmunk :(

Then you did it incorrectly. You have to get an MP3 Encoder/Decoder program to change Kbps and MHz.

-Anakin
 DarkLord_44
10-20-2002, 10:23 PM
I made sure. I got a program and did it. I triple check to see if I got the right Mhz and everything. If you can do it that would be great. You don't have to rename everything, I will do that if you send to me at Dannymiller3 on aol or theboyds10@hotmail.com
 Eldritch
10-20-2002, 10:26 PM
I made sure. I got a program and did it. I triple check to see if I got the right Mhz and everything. If you can do it that would be great. You don't have to rename everything, I will do that if you send to me at Dannymiller3 on aol or theboyds10@hotmail.com

I don't have time tonight - I'll take a crack at it tomorrow.
 Kranckor
10-21-2002, 1:54 AM
this isn't out yet is it? Oh and why isn't Jkii.net updating?
 Histys-History
10-21-2002, 5:28 AM
Kran, havent you been anywhere here lately???? People have said about 1000000 times, that there is a file server error or some crud, andy needs a new processer to get more files, and read the thread and dont say cheap boring off topic stuff like

'This isnt out yet is it? Oh and why isn't jkii.net updating?' plz
 Mistress_Angel
10-21-2002, 11:34 PM
Thats too bad you removed the ring... From what i've read she would be the type of girl to have one.
 SpЂct3r
10-22-2002, 1:59 AM
Bah the ring didn't looked very good
 Eldritch
10-22-2002, 8:23 AM
Originally posted by Mistress_Angel
Thats too bad you removed the ring... From what i've read she would be the type of girl to have one.

Perhaps if she was from here, and was concerned with being trendy (this belly button ring fad will be over soon)...
 Mex
10-22-2002, 2:35 PM
Woah, this model is, great! Its realistic as hell... And when is it going to be out because, i think this model is really great! Keep on going! :D
 §ith Lord
10-22-2002, 3:44 PM
Hey Edward

I know you work for a video game company and everything, but if you have any troubles getting this fantastic model ingame, as toonces for help he has gotten alot of great models ingame.

I also have a couple of questions,

#1 Do you plan on making LOD's?
#2 Could you use the ponytail head model for say the CTF skins?
 t3rr0r
10-22-2002, 11:09 PM
Originally posted by §ith Lord
#2 Could you use the ponytail head model for say the CTF skins?
that would be sweet...

btw, i just saw the update a couple pages back and i must say the skin looks awesome.
 Darth Vader III
10-23-2002, 12:50 AM
I haven't been following up recently but this model is...
It just so realistic! When will she come out (if you know the release date, not trying to get on somebody's nerves)? Well if she comes out I'm gonna put her in the SP, definetly!
 Edward Peretti
10-23-2002, 5:40 AM
hey all! I ripped all the sounds from the MOTS cd and am in the process of picking them out (mabey even edit some) thanks for uploading them DarkLord_44, mabey people can pick out a good taunt. I plan to LOD her before getting her ingame. I'll see what I can do about the ponytail version. cheers Sith Lord, I'll definately drop toonces a mail if I ever get stuck. There is no official release date but she should be out soon.

later

Edd
 t3rr0r
10-23-2002, 10:45 AM
i was just wondering, which surfaces are toggleable (ie. with a .surf file)?
 Eldritch
10-23-2002, 10:46 AM
Fantastic. I've been waiting for a good Mara for a long time, and i'm glad to see my wait should soon be over. Great work Edward. :D
 Skate Boy
10-23-2002, 12:39 PM
Mara Jade looks good. Can't wait till its done.:)
 DarkLord_44
10-23-2002, 5:25 PM
Are you gonna put multiple taunts for those that use Jedimod? I will leave up sounds so they can find the right taunt.
 morphius_doh
10-23-2002, 7:18 PM
This model has surpassed any of my wildest expectations! Can't wait till it's released.

BTW, I hope that the base model will be released as well, coz I can see some great models that could be created from it.
 shaolin_blade
10-24-2002, 4:03 PM
Mara is by far my favorite EU character. I can't wait to get her, Kyle, and Dash into a FFA match.
 idontlikegeorge
10-26-2002, 1:36 PM
yeah the skin is really cool, really looks like her from MotS - i especially like the jacket

Originally posted by t3rr0r
i was just wondering, which surfaces are toggleable (ie. with a .surf file)?

yeah, id like to know that too
 t3rr0r
10-26-2002, 2:15 PM
Originally posted by idontlikegeorge
yeah, id like to know that too
because if the jacket, gun, and the ponytail (if reimplemented) would proved so many possibilities for other skins.
 Primrodo
10-26-2002, 4:20 PM
Anyone thought about using the sounds in Masters of Teras Kasi?
 Dragonlancer
10-26-2002, 7:30 PM
Actually, that is not a bad idea.
 Eldritch
10-27-2002, 12:14 AM
Originally posted by Primrodo
Anyone thought about using the sounds in Masters of Teras Kasi?

That is a good idea. That game was fun, BTW. I was the man with Vader - Mara was just like Luke... it was dissapointing she had no moves of her own. Anyway, unfortunately, I no longer own the game or know anyone who does, otherwise i'd offer to get some sounds from it.
 Obi-Wan X
10-27-2002, 1:52 PM
WHAT THE, KEEP THAT BELLY BUTTON RING IN THERE!!!!
 Eldritch
10-27-2002, 1:54 PM
Originally posted by Obi-Wan X

You're so late... it got taken out a few days ago. Why would you want a SW character to have a stupid ugly real world trendy piercing anyway?
 Grafox
10-27-2002, 1:57 PM
Originally posted by Obi-Wan X

YEAH! WE SHOULD HAVE A VOTE!

Perhaps edward can agree with a vote, so someone can make a new thread without it being spam.
 Grafox
10-27-2002, 2:00 PM
Originally posted by JEDI_Anakin_S

You're so late... it got taken out a few days ago. Why would you want a SW character to have a stupid ugly real world trendy piercing anyway?

Just because YOU think it's stupid, that doesn't MAKE it stupid. My girlfriend has one and it looks really hot.

And saying something like: "ugly real world". Pff, that doesn't make any sense to me. Dresses and clothing are "real world too". The clothes Han Solo had in the movies could have easily been worn on this day.
 Kururin
10-27-2002, 2:07 PM
I would love to see someone wear Han's clothing in public. Grafox your a skinner just skin a ring when its out.
 Mex
10-27-2002, 2:11 PM
Nice idea!!
 Kururin
10-27-2002, 2:34 PM
Thanks if your talking about the skin the ring
 Obi-Wan X
10-27-2002, 3:18 PM
First of all, I would like to apologize for my sudden outburst. I had seen the pic, and I thought it was absolutley BEAUTIFUL.

I have yet to see a ring on some models, and if you don't mind me saying, I think it looks very HOT. And that is what Mara Jade is :D . He obviously wanted it in for the model, and he said he liked it, we shouldn't whine about it and make him cancel something he worked hard on.

I realized that I was probably late, and I had to leave out quite quickly. So I quickly posted putting in my two cents, as you can see my haste in that post, I wanted to get my two cents in there quick!!!

I feel the ring will get some new hotness going on, and it looks really neat as well. I know you all have your own opinions, although I have mine to :cool:
 Primrodo
10-27-2002, 4:57 PM
Well I agree with JEDI_Anakin_S.

Mara Jade didn't have a belly button ring, and I'd prefer her not to in respect.

Its not a debate whether real people look hot with them or not is not the issue. This model is a bunch of polygons, yes?

And I haven't seen them in the Star Wars Universe anyway :)

I think it was an approipiate (sp?) move to remove it for now, for all those involved. If you really want the ring, ask someone to edit the skin.

As for the sounds.....who has the game and the tools to extract them? Plenty of pain and death and victory taunts :)
 Obi-Wan X
10-27-2002, 5:05 PM
Yes, I believe your right. I believe for most of us who actually wanted the thing in, was beyond reasoning.

I know Mara doesn't have one, and therefor she shouldn't have on here either.

I suppose the normal manhood kicked in there for a bit, and some of us just aren't thinking. I do want it in, although I have realized that it SHOULDN'T be, so it should end right there.

~*sigh*~ :thumbs1:
 Eldritch
10-27-2002, 7:25 PM
Originally posted by Grafox

Just because YOU think it's stupid, that doesn't MAKE it stupid. My girlfriend has one and it looks really hot.

And saying something like: "ugly real world". Pff, that doesn't make any sense to me. Dresses and clothing are "real world too". The clothes Han Solo had in the movies could have easily been worn on this day.

If anyone wore something like they wear in SW, they'd be gawked at. Including Han's outfit. Yes, dresses and clothing are real world, but not THOSE dresses and clothing. Besides that, this is a SW model and in SW they don't have belly button rings, unless you can prove otherwise. As it was suggested, if you want the bellybutton ring, you're a skinner - modify the skin. It wasn't modeled, so it should be quite easy to add on.
 Edward Peretti
10-27-2002, 7:36 PM
I've spent countless hours trying to get her ingame, but Assimilate is being a real pain! I basically get a "process returned error : 1" build failed message when I try to compile.
Any idea what this means?
 Eldritch
10-27-2002, 7:39 PM
Originally posted by Edward Peretti
I've spent countless hours trying to get her ingame, but Assimilate is being a real pain! I basically get a "process returned error : 1" build failed message when I try to compile.

I don't, but I have a suggestion for you. Get in contact with Toonces - he's gotten more models in game than anyone else, I think. I'm sure he can help you out.
 idontlikegeorge
10-27-2002, 8:46 PM
thats a bummer man, hope you work it out

anyway, about the belly button ring, why not just release the other skin texture with the ring on it, and let people change the skin themselves if they want the ring

personally, mara jade didnt have it, so the base skin shouldnt have it
 Grafox
10-28-2002, 2:04 AM
Then..fine I'll skin the belly button, and put it up for download with edwards permission. Or he could just release 2 versions.
 §ith Lord
10-28-2002, 2:10 AM
Originally posted by Edward Peretti

Like I said Ed, if you got some problems, Toonces is the man to talk to, or Kman, or Major Clod. If Toonces is up to it( he seems to have his hands full, but rigging is like second nature to this guy! he doesn't quit!!), send it to him, and while he rigs it you could work on sounds, bots, making icons and all the rest of the lovely things that need to be done.
 Edward Peretti
10-28-2002, 5:27 AM
cool, I'll drop him a mail :)
 Kururin
10-28-2002, 9:15 AM
Originally posted by Grafox
Then..fine I'll skin the belly button, and put it up for download with edwards permission. Or he could just release 2 versions.

or just make the ring where you can take it off or put it on

in the skin file.
 Skate Boy
10-28-2002, 3:03 PM
:eek: ....

I haven't looked at this model in a while. Man it looks GREAT!:)
 EmperorJello
10-30-2002, 3:12 AM
*pops in after a two week hiatus*

Ah, an update. Excellent. The skin looks top-notch. Very admirable work.
 Pnut_Man
10-30-2002, 7:26 AM
That model is greatness...very nice female human model, we haven't seen alot of them lately...

IM REALLY LOOKING FORWARD to seeing ingame screenshots..but of course that will take time...

*toonces...hmm*
 Edward Peretti
10-30-2002, 8:02 AM
I got a test version running in-game last night. There's still alot of work to do especially around the bone weighting (I plan to weight the face too). She runs real smooth and looks good. I think part of that is the texture is a single 1024 x 1024 as opposed to seperate high-res textures, so draw time on the 3d card is alot quicker. Lots of stuff to do still. But I'm working on it :)
 Darth Vader III
10-30-2002, 11:19 AM
Good to hear that!
Page: 8 of 12