Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Vurt's retextures

Page: 3 of 5
 TimBob12
01-01-2011, 5:45 PM
WOW pure awesome
 JediExile
01-01-2011, 7:41 PM
I can't say 'wow' enough. These are amazing!
 Rinku
01-01-2011, 8:00 PM
That is just pure awesomeness...
 Slstoev
01-01-2011, 11:14 PM
There are no words to describe such epicness included in those pics.
 Jaevyn
01-04-2011, 10:55 PM
I'm looking forward to it. Is there anything new that you've done? The interest seems to have died all of a sudden.
 νυrτ
01-04-2011, 11:16 PM
For the latest few days i havent been modding much at all, i've mostly been studying (Photoshop). I've decided that my first big texture pack will consist of nature textures only (including new sky boxes), then i might move on to interiors.
 Jaevyn
01-05-2011, 1:38 AM
A good decision really, it'll give me something to look forward to apart from "The Old Republic".
 Shaggoth
01-06-2011, 4:35 AM
where can i download those? amazing work here, pal! the game looks 100 times cooler with your textures :)
 νυrτ
01-06-2011, 7:58 AM
This is a WIP thread, so it's not available just yet.
 Shaggoth
01-06-2011, 8:00 AM
oh, sorry :) i was a bit confused, cause you were asking about what versions to upload :)
well, keep up then, we'll wait :)
 νυrτ
01-06-2011, 8:11 AM
That was a discussion about my Ebon Hawk retexture, which is done http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filefront.com/file/Vurts_K1_HiRes_Ebon_Hawk_Retexture;117950) K2 version is still not approved though.
 Shaggoth
01-06-2011, 9:18 AM
hmm.. what else is already done?
 Shaggoth
01-06-2011, 9:19 AM
by the way there was you droids retex, it's download link is broken there :/
 νυrτ
01-06-2011, 9:28 AM
Broken? it works for me, just tested.
 .:Lord Revan:.
01-06-2011, 11:22 AM
Dxun is progressing slowly, love retexturing this planet, lots of nature textures :)

2D trees used on Dxun:

http://img27.imageshack.us/img27/7021/faketrees.jpg)

That is as close as real as game textures get. Very nice.:thumbsup:
 νυrτ
01-06-2011, 12:03 PM
Glad you like it, the trees are 3D renders from a Morrowind mod i created some time ago :)

Here's a new version of the Ebon Hawk. It's less "cluttery" and the details are better.

http://piclair.com/data/t4zxn.jpg)
 CrisG
01-06-2011, 2:04 PM
Your work continues to be excellent, thank you so much for your efforts to improve the game world. I look forward to the next releases very much.
 Rinku
01-06-2011, 3:18 PM
I really do not understand how you can continue to amaze me this much :)

Keep up the outstanding work :D
 TimBob12
01-06-2011, 4:41 PM
I prefer the previous ones but the new ones are still good if you like a less technical approach. Also when will the K2 reskin of the Ebon Hawk be on Kotor Files?
01-06-2011, 7:12 PM
Nice ship textures. :thumbsup:
 jonathan7
01-06-2011, 8:10 PM
I prefer the previous ones but the new ones are still good if you like a less technical approach. Also when will the K2 reskin of the Ebon Hawk be on Kotor Files?

I'm not sure what happened to the K2 version, it was in the K2 upload que, but it has now disappeared, and I'm not sure why...
 logan23
01-06-2011, 9:16 PM
WoW...i'm speechless...i think it will take me a week to take all this in...really im not kidding. Great job =)
 νυrτ
01-06-2011, 11:00 PM
My TSL mod got rejected because it eventually expired from the upload que.

I think i will use Multiupload from now on. It's just so much easier to manage + much quicker (mod will be available within minutes instead of days or weeks, also, i often make updates to my mods - this would be a big hassle for me with KOTOR-files, unfortunately).

I'll post upload links in the release forum for the new Ebon Hawk and eventually the exterior texture overhaul. OR if you happen know a mod site (like TESNEXUS, but for KOTOR) without moderated authorization i can use that site, but i'm unsure if such site exists.
 jonathan7
01-07-2011, 12:46 PM
My TSL mod got rejected because it eventually expired from the upload que.

Sorry νυrτ if you re-upload I'll get it up, I've been moving around from country to country over the Christmas period, so was tyring to do KotOR Files reviews while balancing real life, and I actually wanted to take the time to do a longer review for your mod...
 νυrτ
01-10-2011, 2:16 AM
i can upload it to kotor-files to later on, it's probably better the longer i wait in case i might redo the texture.
 LDR
01-10-2011, 5:54 AM
νυrτ, may I just say that you are God? I just looked through all of your skins, and they are pure awesomeness. How do you make them so hi-res?
 Darth Darkus
01-10-2011, 11:07 AM
I have no words for this excellent work!
 Jaevyn
01-10-2011, 3:49 PM
I have no words except, release them!
 Sithspecter
01-10-2011, 4:02 PM
Any chance that you are going to do this kind of thing for the original KotOR?
 d3sd0
01-11-2011, 1:29 AM
Wow i am looking at this on my phone and this is impeccable. The quality and beauty is mindblowing. But one thing I voted 2 eventhough its too late. But imo on Korriban the "cracked" mud doesn't quite fit in as its cracked mud and there obviously hasn't been any rain/water on korriban in a while.... but if you keep the cracked mud make it less numerous...big that makes sense.
 Lord2
01-11-2011, 6:52 AM
KotOR II goes from a bad looking game to an awesome one... When this will all be released! :thmbup1:

Also, your Ebon Hawk textures... I understand where you're going with the glow but I think it's a bit too much.
 νυrτ
01-11-2011, 10:25 AM
Wow i am looking at this on my phone and this is impeccable. The quality and beauty is mindblowing. But one thing I voted 2 eventhough its too late. But imo on Korriban the "cracked" mud doesn't quite fit in as its cracked mud and there obviously hasn't been any rain/water on korriban in a while.... but if you keep the cracked mud make it less numerous...big that makes sense.

There are still plants on Korriban, though very few and quite dried out, so there must have been water not too long ago, otherwise the plants would have withered away completely.. I can try some different textures for the ground though, can't recall right now how the original texture looked.

Sithspecter: i might do a texture pack for KOTOR1 too, can't promise anything though.
01-11-2011, 10:59 AM
Love it, can't wait for the release. :thumbsup:
 JediExile
01-11-2011, 3:07 PM
Looking forward to downloading this!

*crosses her fingers* I hope you do K1! That would be fantastic! :)
 darth-me
01-11-2011, 4:31 PM
Just because Korriban is a sith planet, that doesn't mean it should have no weather, does it? It IS a desert planet, but surely deserts have rain, and presumably when it does rain it would be heavy enough to create mud in an area being churned up and dug up by the Sith... But we should also remember that (if my memory of these games is correct), Korriban has been abandoned for a very long time - so any dark side effect on the planet itself should have at least started to fade away.

But gorgeous textures here mate, honestly starting to worry about how my relatively new rig will play this 6 year old game... keep up the excellent work, TSL will soon become practically a next-gen game at this rate... incredible!

And for the record, if im wrong and Korriban does have no weather, im catching the next flight there, British weather gets old very quickly...
 d3sd0
01-12-2011, 1:46 AM
Yes as well as that cracked mud usually occurs in dry rover beds...
Dun dun dun korriban under water...
 νυrτ
01-16-2011, 1:05 AM
Kind of lost interest in playing K2, which unfortunately has lead to that i havent been modding it lately either. I might return to modding this, it's not uncommon for me to completely lose interst in stuff, just to return to it weeks or months later. In case i won't i'm releasing what i've done so far.

http://www.multiupload.com/C7AMP7P2NZ)
 Sith Holocron
01-16-2011, 2:33 AM
In case I won't, I'm releasing what I've done so far.

Thanks for releasing what you have completed. I've seen other projects come and go which had great stuff in it that didn't get released (with an abundance of material) and the author was never heard from again. Thanks for not doing that!

I hope your interest in the game gets revived because I'm loving what you've accomplished so far and would love to see some more work.
 Lord2
01-16-2011, 7:10 AM
That's sad to hear, νυrτ.

I think, I speak for all when I say that it's wonderful that you release your work so far at least.
 νυrτ
01-16-2011, 11:05 AM
I also really dislike when modders just disapears, instead of releasing what they've done, it could be used as resources for other mods etc, it's such a waste. Hopefully i'll get my interest back and i'll make the mod a bit more complete than what it is.
 newbiemodder
01-16-2011, 11:29 AM
You'll be back....
 Jaevyn
01-16-2011, 6:20 PM
I have to applaud that you are releasing what you have done. Too few modders when they give up for a while release what they've done just incase they aren't coming back. So succinctly put.
 Qui-Gon Glenn
01-16-2011, 7:06 PM
I have to applaud that you are releasing what you have done. Too few modders when they give up for a while release what they've done just incase they aren't coming back. So succinctly put.
QFT

:clap2:
 TriggerGod
01-16-2011, 8:56 PM
I also really dislike when modders just disapears, instead of releasing what they've done, it could be used as resources for other mods etc, it's such a waste. Hopefully i'll get my interest back and i'll make the mod a bit more complete than what it is.

Just because I know deep down it applies to me, I'll put in my :twocents:

In my case, I slowly dropped out of the modding world (of the KOTOR series) due to a combination of a lack of interest and my inability to actually work - Windows 7 crippled my ability to actually use the games, however I did eventually get them to start working. For some reason, KOTOR Tool also would not work, ergo there goes my major source of work material. NWMax suffered the same fate as KTool, so there goes my models I had planned for the games. My only method of working was making a skin, and only skins I could make were skins I already had on my harddrive and skins I asked some people for. In addition, a lot of the skins and mods I had been working on were lost in my transfer of data from XP to W7 (got a new HD, a whole tb, so I took a lot of my important files along for the ride. However, my biggest and best 2 projects that were fairly close to completion (Anakin and Atris robes) were mostly lost. (had a couple skins left over for the Anakin mod, post-Drewton edits, had a 3ds max file that included Anakin's head. Also had all the item files for the atris robes remaining. For some unexplained reason I had the utis and skins in seperate folders) So, there went my best projects that were near completion, and with the inability to do a lot of work on them, I completely dropped out. Then, recently, I think J7 posted some work and I decided that I would give it a shot again, which was my latest post in my WIP thread, with the crowbar. I fully intended to get it ingame and fully functioning. Thats when I discovered my nwmax refused to work. I just gave up and retired to gaming. Then some of my friends from school decided to let me in on their ideas for video games, and with our combined knowledge (my knowledge of modeling and photoshop, friend1's knowledge of the Unreal Development Kit, friend2's knowledge of programming) we decided to brainstorm some pretty ambitious projects (among them a crime thriller in the same vein as Heavy Rain, a remake of Deus Ex (;P), and a unique (albeit somewhat cliched) idea involving the mafia and becoming a hitman following the aftermath of a drunken rampage after losing all your money at a craps table) and we'll hopefully get those done.)

My second excuse for not doing any modding work is real life. Been focusing more on actually passing this year, as in a couple days I'm going to be having my first ever AP exams, for Physics and Programming.

Now, you might be asking why I don't release my skins and models as source material. That's a simple question really. I have no inspiration to. My skins aren't really that special, its you guys who made them out to be. Most of my recent (if you can still call them that :p) skins is a bloom effect that went right and created more realistic hair, or better/smoother shading for cloth. A simple tutorial, perhaps 5-10 steps depending on how specific I want to get, would allow pretty much everyone who doesn't yet know about my trick to make skins that are reminiscent of my own.
 nathanlhicks
06-29-2012, 5:56 PM
Does anyone have Kurt's amazing textures? I would love to install them on my K1 and 2!
 Sith Holocron
06-30-2012, 4:01 AM
Nathanhicks, I've just e-mailed νυrτ to see if he can re-post his mods somewhere a little more permanent than multiupload. If and when he responds, I'll let you know.

Hopefully, you haven't missed the mods he has over at KotorFiles (http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filefront.com/developer/vurt;35233) though.
 Canderis
06-30-2012, 11:21 AM
Nathanhicks, I've just e-mailed νυrτ to see if he can re-post his mods somewhere a little more permanent than multiupload. If and when he responds, I'll let you know.

Hopefully, you haven't missed the mods he has over at KotorFiles (http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filefront.com/developer/vurt;35233) though.

If he doesnt use that email anymore, I can contact him on skyrim nexus. He still mods that game.
 Sith Holocron
07-04-2012, 8:46 PM
Does anyone have Kurt's amazing textures? I would love to install them on my K1 and 2!

I planned to upload the Exterior Textures tonight but I need to have some screenshots to go with them. I'd like to have a few of each of the planets enhanced by this mod. If anyone can assist me with this, please PM me. I'll forward you an address to which you can send the pictures of νυrτ's mod in action!
 Fair Strides 2
07-05-2012, 7:39 PM
Kind of lost interest in playing K2, which unfortunately has lead to that i havent been modding it lately either. I might return to modding this, it's not uncommon for me to completely lose interst in stuff, just to return to it weeks or months later. In case i won't i'm releasing what i've done so far.

http://www.multiupload.com/C7AMP7P2NZ)

Can somebody send me a link that works? Thank you!
 Sith Holocron
07-05-2012, 11:33 PM
One will be up shortly. Give me a few moments.

It's up now over there. Links in my next post in this thread.
Page: 3 of 5