Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

[tsl] KOTOR: Revenge of Revan

Page: 34 of 37
 Jedi93
06-09-2012, 3:57 PM
---
 Darth D
06-10-2012, 12:19 PM
Hey logan23 , I hope I am not disturbing you , but i wanted to ask how is the mod going ? You have a very long time to post an update and I am curius to learn if there are any news...
 CptPriceless
06-10-2012, 12:22 PM
Hey logan23 , I hope I am not disturbing you , but i wanted to ask how is the mod going ? You have a very long time to post an update and I am curius to learn if there are any news...

This is a total conversion mod that's been going on for about four years now. Remember that these guys don't fixate only on RoR; they have other things in their lives as well. Just be patient with the team. Periodic updates have been, and will be made.
 Darth D
06-11-2012, 5:38 PM
This is a total conversion mod that's been going on for about four years now. Remember that these guys don't fixate only on RoR; they have other things in their lives as well. Just be patient with the team. Periodic updates have been, and will be made.

Yes you are right , of course ,it is a very demanding and time-consuming mod and I didn't wanted to put any pressure on them , I am just curious about the progress of the mod since it has been a very long time to see an update...that's all ;) .
 rev1011
07-09-2012, 9:05 PM
Just tried the demo. It's amazing. The whole mod is made really well. Apart from a few glitches near the start, getting stuck in places, and one of the cantina npc's head partially disappears(lol), other then that I'm more impressed with this the I was with the Kotor Brotherhood of shadow conversion. Good Job with all the hard work spent on this conversion mod. Most of my other mods that I installed, work fine too. I'm now Addicted :P
Can't wait for the updates on your site for this beta mod. :D
 Blix
07-10-2012, 6:01 AM
Cannot wait for the complete mod :)
 Vordyn_Kael
08-02-2012, 7:43 PM
Finally got my new PC up and running after my old mobo failed. Should be laying down the rest of the tracks for Quan Drayen soon.
 .:Lord Revan:.
08-30-2012, 4:16 PM
This is probably the biggest mod on this site.....there should be an award for this :thumbsup:
 Rejeans501st
08-31-2012, 12:59 PM
This is probably the biggest mod on this site.....there should be an award for this :thumbsup:

well there should be once its done.

Any new updates logan?
 Aeliren
09-02-2012, 11:58 PM
Hey, I posted this on Deadly Stream earlier, but I'll put it here as well. Hopefully someone can help me:

I just downloaded the demo. The launcher has a small bug (I have to click a bit to the left of the icons to start the game), but I figured it wasn't much.

Then, I start a new game. All is normal. Now, when I press "Play", it takes me to the RoR intro crawl, but after that, it doesn't show Tyrena Station being attacked, and instead it skips me to the KotOR II prologue, on the Ebon Hawk. I skip the prologue, and I'm sent to Peragus. Anyone knows what's wrong? Thanks in advance.

Anyways, I'm pretty sure this is the biggest KotOR mod I've ever seen. Keep up the good work, and I'm hoping to see the full mod hit the web soon!
 Christos K
09-03-2012, 3:42 PM
Did you install onto an already modded game?
09-03-2012, 5:49 PM
^Ya if so i would clean the game out and reinstall RoR.
 Aeliren
09-03-2012, 8:18 PM
Yeah, I've got TSLRCM and a few other mods. I'll go try that out, thanks.
09-05-2012, 12:10 AM
^Ya i am sure there is some mod conflict i would check with logan to see what it is compatable with.
 Fallen Guardian
09-05-2012, 12:41 AM
Your best bet to be able to run both RoR and KotOR 2 simultaneously would be to make a fresh install of KotOR 2 and then copy the entire game folder and rename to whatever you choose. Then just install RoR to the copy and use the main, real copy for KotOR 2.
 Christos K
09-05-2012, 7:58 PM
Your best bet to be able to run both RoR and KotOR 2 simultaneously would be to make a fresh install of KotOR 2 and then copy the entire game folder and rename to whatever you choose. Then just install RoR to the copy and use the main, real copy for KotOR 2.

This is what I did but I made two folders. One for RoR and one for TJM. THough I did include a few force power mods and what not.
 logan23
09-16-2012, 2:45 PM
Hey guys!

Just wanted to stop in and give you guys an update on the mod.

The Story Bible is going through review and will be ready for the new writers with in a few days. Right now it's 78 pages long and might end up as big as 90 by the time its fully stamped approved.

The Story Bible is the core document for a Writer to understand the characters and the story of the game in order to write dialogue and quest lines where they can see the character arcs as well as the over all themes on each planet as well as game as a whole. This involves bios, character arcs, game planet layout, all the main events and themes on each planet in order to keep with the pacing of the over arcing story.

This gives the writers the confidence and foundation to allow them to be creative and know where all the small and large pieces and joints are in the game.

You will be seeing more information and images on the official website coming in early Oct.

I'm looking forward to getting more of this information out to you guys and answer any questions you might have.

Thanks for the Support!

And Keep Modding!

MORE TO COME.....

Logan
 Warlord664
09-16-2012, 3:10 PM
Thanks for the update! It's nice to progress being made :)
 Gregthegen
09-16-2012, 6:58 PM
Awesome news on the story bible! Looking forward to the story alot :D

A couple of random ideas since the mod is still being written in areas.
A unique ls/ds romance option and a unique planet or quest chain only unlockable if your a certain alignment. irregardless keep truckin' along with the mod and i will be waiting on here and moddb for whenever you are ready to release the next stage. :)
 Yul
09-22-2012, 8:08 PM
Hey guys!

Just wanted to stop in and give you guys an update on the mod.

The Story Bible is going through review and will be ready for the new writers with in a few days. Right now it's 78 pages long and might end up as big as 90 by the time its fully stamped approved.

The Story Bible is the core document for a Writer to understand the characters and the story of the game in order to write dialogue and quest lines where they can see the character arcs as well as the over all themes on each planet as well as game as a whole. This involves bios, character arcs, game planet layout, all the main events and themes on each planet in order to keep with the pacing of the over arcing story.

This gives the writers the confidence and foundation to allow them to be creative and know where all the small and large pieces and joints are in the game.

You will be seeing more information and images on the official website coming in early Oct.

I'm looking forward to getting more of this information out to you guys and answer any questions you might have.

Thanks for the Support!

And Keep Modding!

MORE TO COME.....

Logan

Just wanted to stop in and give my (moral) support. It's been a few years since I first found this and I've gotten busy with doing other stuff, but I'm still keeping track of this game and anticipating its release. In the back of my mind, it's not even a mod anymore.

Good work staying on it so long. :O Thanks for the progress update.
 Aeliren
10-17-2012, 7:52 PM
Alright, thanks. Haven't had time to try it yet, I've been busy, but I will when I'll have time.

Again, Logan, great mod! You and the others have been working hard, can't wait to see the fruits of your labors!
 Darth Nontrouse
10-27-2012, 4:28 PM
Hey Logan I have several questions. When you said you will not be a Sith but a Dark Jedi what did you mean. And also I don't mean to be impatient but when is your guess on the date this will be release?
 Scorge
10-27-2012, 4:35 PM
And also I don't mean to be impatient but when is your guess on the date this will be release?

:wid:
 Kyr'am Galaar
10-27-2012, 7:21 PM
And also I don't mean to be impatient but when is your guess on the date this will be release?

Try to find something to occupy your attention while you wait for the release. It will come out eventually. If they gave up and aren't planning on finishing, I feel reasonably confident that they would tell us so. In the meantime, patience is a virtue. And required. :¬:

~KG~
 Darth Nontrouse
10-27-2012, 7:54 PM
I sincerely hope that it's released early next year or this year. I've played the other conversion mod The Jedi Masters but it's not challenging in the slightest and it doesn't feel like Kotor but I think they did do a great job, but ROV will be much better I beleive.
Anyway let's try to spark this forum up again. :P
 UltimateHK47
10-28-2012, 8:49 AM
I sincerely hope that it's released early next year or this year. I've played the other conversion mod The Jedi Masters but it's not challenging in the slightest and it doesn't feel like Kotor but I think they did do a great job, but ROV will be much better I beleive.
Anyway let's try to spark this forum up again. :P

Do you know TJM is getting improved? Well, if not, check it out on the forums, or some one will give you a link. And perhaps it'll be better, we'll see.
 Darth Nontrouse
10-28-2012, 12:10 PM
I hope when you find Lord Revan you find Darth Vitiate and demolish him with Revan. It really annoys me how they say he's the most powerful sith while Revan was the strongest. I think it should be something like this lol. :duel:
 Darth Nontrouse
12-06-2012, 9:17 PM
Guys I have a bit of a problem. The website seems to be down. It shows a lady and nothing else. Not sure if the site is down or not. I mean the Revenge of Revan website. Not sure if it's just me. Tell me whats wrong please.
 Sithspecter
12-08-2012, 2:50 PM
Let's stay on topic folks. No more posts about the lack of updates or comments, okay?
 logan23
12-08-2012, 6:48 PM
Oh my bad.
I forgot to update my visa card.
Will take care of this.

Site will be up in a few

UPDATE: I fixed the payment for the domain

I think it will take 24 hours till the site is back up.
I looked at the mapping but i don't see any issues - just think it needs time
 MrBluevelt
12-08-2012, 9:21 PM
This mod looks terrific. I'm definitely looking forward to it. The only criticism I'd make is that, while the voice-acting seems solid, the actual audio quality seems quite low... almost like the lines were recorded in a bathroom.

Just something I noticed. Mod still looks great, and I'm impressed by how much work has gone into it.
 logan23
12-08-2012, 9:42 PM
Site Is back up
 Zhaboka
12-09-2012, 1:58 AM
All but one of the SoundCloud tracks aren't showing up on the soundtrack page.
 logan23
12-09-2012, 2:15 AM
Thanks, will check if it's a matter of the sound file is now moved to a different webpage- source website.
 Darth_Delator
12-21-2012, 9:14 AM
Greetings, Logan!:-)
One day i offered my help with writing of some music. If you need a second composer in project, i'm still happy to help ;-)
 The Lord of Chaos
12-21-2012, 10:38 AM
Huge respect to all of you involved on the working of this mod. Also, huge respect for not forcing that canon **** down the players throats. I think that 7-10 years after Knights II is too long.

I mean, if Revan and the Exile have been alive all that time, then what the hell have they been doing? Surely a Sith civil war wouldn't last that long and surely they wouldn't be prisoners for that long. Other than that, great job.
 Ferc Kast
12-21-2012, 11:19 AM
Huge respect to all of you involved on the working of this mod. Also, huge respect for not forcing that canon **** down the players throats. I think that 7-10 years after Knights II is too long.

I mean, if Revan and the Exile have been alive all that time, then what the hell have they been doing? Surely a Sith civil war wouldn't last that long and surely they wouldn't be prisoners for that long. Other than that, great job.

Read the Revan novel if you really want to know what Revan and Meetra Surik (aka the Jedi Exile) have been doing since the events of K1 & TSL. ;)
 The Lord of Chaos
12-21-2012, 8:39 PM
Read the Revan novel if you really want to know what Revan and Meetra Surik (aka the Jedi Exile) have been doing since the events of K1 & TSL. ;)

I know about that. I'm hoping that any fan made mod ignores that crap. Revan, alive for three hundred years? The Exile, stabbed in the back, killed so easy?

Then BioWare decides to use a canon Revan and canon Exile ghost in their game. Leave canon out of the games, that should be a mandatory rule.

BioWare set the MMO 300 years after Knights II - they should've just made an entirely new story and the Revan novel should never have been made.
 ShinDangaioh
12-22-2012, 2:14 AM
True. The Old Republic MMO did ignore previous canon. HK-47 was supposed to be on Mustafar until the time of Luke Skywalker, not killed off so quickly.<---Star Wars: Galaxy MMO.

Just ignore the MMO and all that is tied to it and go off into an alternate universe, like the white cloaked Vader.
 The Lord of Chaos
12-22-2012, 2:38 AM
Good point. This should be jammed into LucasArts heads. Let Obsidian do what they like if they get to make a Knights III. I mean, wasn't there a game where Vader gets killed? Or not killed, but defeated in battle? One of the Force Unleashed games, I think.
 Darth_Delator
12-22-2012, 4:31 AM
The worst thing, that official version we don't realy like is permament part of the Star Wars history. Every game, every book never crossed with each other - there're always was a perfect stright line. Until this moment. Unfortunately. Money decide everything.
But, to be honest, the story isn't so bad itself as performance if it. MMO will never tell the story in such way as single player RPG. So on my opinion there should been 3 parts of KotOR, and only then MMO...
 Jaymen
12-23-2012, 9:45 AM
The Revan book and the mmo are a horrendous disgrace to the characters we know from the KOTOR games. Revan, one of the greatest military minds, described as "looking at him was like looking into the heart of the force". But in five years he is unable to escape from a cell, then spends another 3 hundred as a prisoner again. I'd be very happy if that book and mmo canon was completely ignored in revenge of Revan. Those characters deserve better!
 The Lord of Chaos
12-23-2012, 11:02 AM
Horrendous disgrace indeed, Jaymen. Not just the whole canon thing, but they turned Revan and the Exile into complete pussies.

I like the idea of a story taking place a couple years after Knights II. Run with the whole Sith fighting against each other idea, but instead of killing off the Exile cheaply and having Revan being stuck as a prisoner for 300 years, make the new PC someone who goes to the unknown regions and helps Revan and the Exile defeat the emperors forces. Allow the player to customise the gender, alignment and appearance of Revan and the Exile and it'd be sweet.
 Darth_Delator
12-23-2012, 1:49 PM
Horrendous disgrace about Exile - for sure! No doubt.
 ShinDangaioh
12-23-2012, 3:56 PM
Since Taris is one of the worlds in the MMO, that could run afoul of Dark Horse Comics' major storyline of the Muur Talisman. IIRC the various MMO's are lower rank for canon than other sources.

Isn't Revenge of Revan supposed to have Zayne Carrick and Jael in it?
 Darth Hayze
12-23-2012, 6:03 PM
I know about that. I'm hoping that any fan made mod ignores that crap. Revan, alive for three hundred years? The Exile, stabbed in the back, killed so easy?

Then BioWare decides to use a canon Revan and canon Exile ghost in their game. Leave canon out of the games, that should be a mandatory rule.

BioWare set the MMO 300 years after Knights II - they should've just made an entirely new story and the Revan novel should never have been made.

As a member of the RoR team, I can tell you that K3 crafts a satisfying conclusion to K2's story and that of Revan and Meetra, while utilizing the Revan novel AND bridging the "Knights" games to "TOR"

I don't want to give anything away, but there will be options to customize the story to your liking, and make those people happy who want to ignore Revan. ;)
 logan23
12-24-2012, 2:34 AM

One of the reasons for the 7-10 years is that RoR is telling how did the Jedi Order rebuild. What were the issues during this reconstruction. Was there conflict between the Exile's pupils and the old traditionalist - who are the surviving Jedi from the Purge.

There is an option to have strict canon or to not use it.
Player gets to clearly choose this during the talk with Drayen in the opening scene. (was not in the Beta Demo)

True. The Old Republic MMO did ignore previous canon. HK-47 was supposed to be on Mustafar until the time of Luke Skywalker, not killed off so quickly.<---Star Wars: Galaxy MMO.

Just ignore the MMO and all that is tied to it and go off into an alternate universe, like the white cloaked Vader.

We don't know what happen between the events in the MMO with Hk-47 and his arrival on Mustafar.
I'm sure there is a story or two there.

The Revan book and the mmo are a horrendous disgrace to the characters we know from the KOTOR games. Revan, one of the greatest military minds, described as "looking at him was like looking into the heart of the force". But in five years he is unable to escape from a cell, then spends another 3 hundred as a prisoner again. I'd be very happy if that book and mmo canon was completely ignored in revenge of Revan. Those characters deserve better!

I understand your frustration with the ending arc for these two characters in the MMO/ Revan Book.
RoR hopes to give you that closure.

Since Taris is one of the worlds in the MMO, that could run afoul of Dark Horse Comics' major storyline of the Muur Talisman. IIRC the various MMO's are lower rank for canon than other sources.

Isn't Revenge of Revan supposed to have Zayne Carrick and Jael in it?

No, Zayne Carrick and Jael are not in RoR because I don't want to bring in these characters and have something contradict any future comics.

Actually I based the Player's freedom with LS/DS using Zayne Carrick (LS) and Cade Skywalker (DS).
So you can be that dark side Jedi/Force User or the very helpful Zayne. Cade is great with the idea of a character who is a force user and conflicted in what kind of person he wants to be; do you justify the use of the dark side force.

As a member of the RoR team, I can tell you that K3 crafts a satisfying conclusion to K2's story and that of Revan and Meetra, while utilizing the Revan novel AND bridging the "Knights" games to "TOR"

I don't want to give anything away, but there will be options to customize the story to your liking, and make those people happy who want to ignore Revan. ;)

Thanks Darth Hayze:)

I have to get some more modules to you hopefully before new years or shortly after, for you to test/review.

Darth Hayze is one of the writers on the RoR project.

I hope everyone is having a great holiday season!

Logan23
 Darth Nontrouse
01-04-2013, 12:04 AM
Hey Logan can you give us a percentage on how far everything is down? Thanks
 redrob41
01-29-2013, 4:25 AM
Well, it's been a long time since I've been here to post anything. Over the past year, my wife and I looked long for a new house, and finally found a great one. Unfortunately, we got a bad storm here a month after moving in, and got some water in the basement. Not enough to ruin anything, but we had to do some construction to make sure it doesnt' ever happen again (mostly outdoor grading, re-doing sidewalks and finding back flow prevention valves). Anyway, there's still some to work on, but I've at least had time to also work on some modding lately.

Unfortunately, the only things I've managed to work on, would be way too spoilery to show any screenies. I've posted a pic in the RoR Team Members social group. Hopefully, some of the team could check it out, and let everyone else know just how awesome it looks **maniacal laugh**

Now, do I have the time to look through all the new pages that the great fans of RoR have posted since I've been gone? :raise: Hmm, maybe I should sleep instead.
 logan23
01-29-2013, 11:29 PM
Hey Everyone!

A quick Update:

I have added 3 more Profiles to the Revenge of Revan Website

revengeofrevan.com

We have started to test a few more modules and writing more scenes for the game.

I hope to increase the updates as we move toward spring.:D

@ Redrob41, WoW!! Those images are amazing!

On a side note- I was involve in the Global Game Jam this past weekend.
48hrs to build a game.
Our team of 6 built a game called ""Panic Cycle"
Link:
http://globalgamejam.org/2013/panic-cycle)

Its free to download - plus there are about 35,000 other free games that were created during the weekend- globally

Check it out- oh hit F4 to expand the game screen to full screen.

MORE TO COME,

Logan
Page: 34 of 37