Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

[tsl] KOTOR: Revenge of Revan

Page: 30 of 37
 salam263
08-14-2011, 2:32 PM
Logan, im installing and it stands that i should rename the mus_a_31file in stream music, but there is no file like that. Did you mean mus_a_231 and missed the 2?
 Warlord664
08-14-2011, 2:40 PM
Great work logan! I downloaded it and all but when i got to the part to use the tsl patcher i ran into a error. So i clikc on the tsl patcher it loads up and then gets to the place where you can click install, i click it and it says to save it some where. i click to save it inside the kotor 2 folder and it brings up an error telling how that was a invaled folder. it says this no matter what folder i try to save it to. So i just tried to do the game with ou it and it works so im currently playing through it with the tsl patcher thing. Thanks for realeseing the demo!
 SamuelMaki
08-14-2011, 2:55 PM
I got it work on 1280x768 resolution, which is good enough, but if you can make something about that resolution issue, please do it! I know there are many who plays this on laptop and needs it...
 Christos K
08-14-2011, 3:17 PM
SamuelMaki, you should know that this mod isn't it's own actual game. Its a mod for KotOR II so it's settings are the same that are available for KotOR II. The modders working on it aren't going to bother making widescreen patches when they are busy with other things.
Also, there is a Widescreen Patch which I don't think you are using correctly. Try using it again and following it's directions.
 darth trea
08-14-2011, 4:05 PM
i have a question about a place where i am stuck (been trying to figure it out for a half hour)

when you get out of the cell and you trapped by another barrier and u are supposed to find a terminal to get out well i cant find a terminal that works
 Anakin_Xisali
08-14-2011, 5:31 PM
@#$%^&*%$@@#$%%#@#%#$^#%#^#^!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Logan, are you uploading that to another site, because I tried downloading it failed and now I can't download it again.

[Flies into rage and destroys small town before running to the Grand Canyon and hears own swearing echoing off of the cliff faces]

EDIT: Okay [calms down], its going to be up on moddb and deadlystreams. [breathes sigh of relief]
 logan23
08-14-2011, 5:47 PM
For darth trea,

I'm assuming this is after the Nindo and Kaila scene, if so then you should not have left the cell. The Demo ends after the click door to leave.

For Anakin_Xisali:

Yes they will be up soon, those sites need to review the mod also its been uploaded to kotorfiles as well. (Could not use filefront due the game's size)

JoFlashStudios- Logan, you said "MAKE SURE YOU READ THE INSTALL DOC." Where can I find that?

Also, when I opened the .rar archive, the only thing in it is a movies folder with some random .bik files. What am I missing here?

I do not know why since a team member and others have downloaded and have all the files. You could try to download it again or wait for Deadlystream or moddb.com's links for download.

Logan, im installing and it stands that i should rename the mus_a_31file in stream music, but there is no file like that. Did you mean mus_a_231 and missed the 2?

Then you are fine the, it is mus_a_31. You should be ok since it did not override anything.

Another solution is just to use the RoR's stream music file since i believe it has all the new tracks and the old ones so you might just need to rename the Streammusic file so it only sees the RoR's.

Please guys, make the game work on 1366x768(or 720p) resolution! The basic resolution of the game is far too low, but when using widescreen patches I cannot see the dialog-options Any way to make this happen? (I have HP Pavilion dv6, Radeon HD 5650 and I cannot use GPU-scaling cause my laptopґs screen doesnґt want to make it happen (sry for my english, i am a finnish guy))

I believe Christos K said it best that this is a kotor2 game issue and RoR does not touch anything when it came to those setting in the game.

I want to thank everyone for their support and feedback.

This is just a sample and there are things that will be tweaked and polished as well as some dlg expanded and tweaked but I wanted to give you guys a taste of what we are aiming for in the game and that we are serious to bring this to release. Thank you!:)

I also placed a thread in TRUCE so others can see that the Demo is released.

Logan
 Lordjedi
08-14-2011, 7:29 PM
Awesome mod, however when I am at the crash site there is no General, instead, Mandalore is there with no dialog options.
 Christos K
08-14-2011, 7:33 PM
^That seems to be an install issue. Didn't happen to me.
 darth trea
08-14-2011, 11:03 PM
For darth trea,

I'm assuming this is after the Nindo and Kaila scene, if so then you should not have left the cell. The Demo ends after the click door to leave.

yes that is what happened but...

when i clicked on the door i ended up in a room that was all blue so i warped to the cell module (to see what it would do) and i ended up there and could get out...

also the voice overs didnt work... ive had trouble installing voices everytime i play a mod with them... but unlike the other voice overs i was able to read wat they were saying ... i think i had a problem with the installation of the voices
 logan23
08-14-2011, 11:11 PM
For darth trea,

Yeah you did a cheat....lol
That was the end when the credits ran,..what you were playing around with was a rough old build of after,...lol

The VOs ...since this constant with all mods maybe its the permission setup of the folder for the Voicestream, or something else....I don't know why
 redrob41
08-15-2011, 2:22 AM
Great work logan! I downloaded it and all but when i got to the part to use the tsl patcher i ran into a error. So i clikc on the tsl patcher it loads up and then gets to the place where you can click install, i click it and it says to save it some where. i click to save it inside the kotor 2 folder and it brings up an error telling how that was a invaled folder. it says this no matter what folder i try to save it to. So i just tried to do the game with ou it and it works so im currently playing through it with the tsl patcher thing. Thanks for realeseing the demo!

Has anyone else had an error when running the patcher portion? Warlord664, could you post a screen shot or copy and paste the error text? Thanks.

The patcher isn't a necessary thing to do for the demo, and won't affect gameplay. All it really does is add information about the different playable species which can be read at the bottom of the feats page. In the full Act 1 we hope to use this to add species specific dialog, items, attributes, etc.
 LDR
08-15-2011, 2:52 AM
I can't play this, I'm so sad. I need someone smart to help me fix my TSL on my computer. Anyone? I CAN NOT *note the emphasis* not be able to play the demo.
 Christos K
08-15-2011, 4:17 AM
^What seems to be the problem. Also thought I would mention this. Now I have a 1 TB harddrive so this wasn't a problem for me but for people with smaller or older harddrives they may not want to do this (simply to conserve space or some other reason)
After having a fresh install (including updates) of KotOR II about a year ago I knew I would eventually need another fresh install for either The Jedi Masters or Revenge of Revan so I just copied over the entire folder renamed it Revenge of Revan and saved it for now.
I was able to run the mod perfectly (so far lol but I doubt any issues concerning this would arise) so for those not wanting to have to switch between different override folders you can just use this method.
Now thats about 4+ GBs plus RoR and extra mods (I am using a few visual mods along side RoR) so only do this if you know you have enough HD space.
 SamuelMaki
08-15-2011, 4:38 AM
SamuelMaki, you should know that this mod isn't it's own actual game. Its a mod for KotOR II so it's settings are the same that are available for KotOR II. The modders working on it aren't going to bother making widescreen patches when they are busy with other things.
Also, there is a Widescreen Patch which I don't think you are using correctly. Try using it again and following it's directions.

Yeah, I know... But I thought you can make your own patcher that works on lower resolutions too...

I have tried uniws-patcher and squizzy patcher, but they donґt work:( (Dialog is invisible, but game runs fine) I even tried hex editing for the swkotor2.exe, but there was the same issue... I got it work on 1280x768, and I think it was possible because it is a mix from two (kotor2) working resolutions...

But I can accept that you are busy to make this mod, so iґm happy with the 1280x768 resolution...
 ReAs0n
08-15-2011, 7:37 AM
Logan , When full demo will be released ?
 SamuelMaki
08-15-2011, 11:56 AM
I played the demo, and it is very impressive, but it have many bugs (it´s a demo in a beta stage so I assume the final version is much better...)
VO didn´t work too well (only few lines vere acted, was it my fault?) and scenes were very jumpy (especially at the near end)... I have also many graphical bugs especially in the jungle or was it my fault?
 ReAs0n
08-15-2011, 1:21 PM
Most annoying bug I get stuck after battle and can`t move ... I gotta use my team members to move , and how should I act if I`ll be in Solo mode
 redrob41
08-15-2011, 5:27 PM
Most annoying bug I get stuck after battle and can`t move ... I gotta use my team members to move , and how should I act if I`ll be in Solo mode

I think that this is more of a TSL issue with running on newer computers (and not really the fault of our mod). From what I've read (and experienced on my own i7 quad core, 64bit Windows 7 machine), TSL and Kotor should only be run using one core. See these links:

http://social.bioware.com/forum/Star-Wars-Knights-of-the-Old-Republic/SWKotOR-Technical-Support-Self-Help/Kotor-2-Bugs-Can039t-move-after-combats-sometimes-some-crashes-3237047-1.html)

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=199761)

http://forums.filefront.com/sw-kotor-problems-errors-help/396920-main-character-wont-move-2.html)

Basically what I did was I right click the kotor2.exe to get to the properties, set it to run in Windows XP service pack 2 compatibility mode; run as an administrator; in-game I set the options to have v-sync on, and that pretty much made my problem go away. Beyond that, I can't really help, but search engines are always a good friend :)
 Warlord664
08-15-2011, 6:38 PM
Has anyone else had an error when running the patcher portion? Warlord664, could you post a screen shot or copy and paste the error text? Thanks.

The patcher isn't a necessary thing to do for the demo, and won't affect gameplay. All it really does is add information about the different playable species which can be read at the bottom of the feats page. In the full Act 1 we hope to use this to add species specific dialog, items, attributes, etc.

Redrob I started to take screen shots but when i tried to install it again it worked. Lol don't know what was wrong with it earlyer! Ty anyway.
 Falko_Fbob_Cherry
08-15-2011, 7:51 PM
Hey all, just stumbled across this mod's thread last night and I was really impressed by the scope :) I'll definitely pick it up to try when the full version comes out. Which brings me to my point; I'd be willing and able to run through and touch up ure dialogue for realism (-audio engineer-). Also, if you still need any VO work done I'd be happy to lend my voice to the project! (19 yr old male, low-mid range voice, if that helps match me up with any particular character)
 JoFlashStudios
08-16-2011, 12:54 AM
"...Also, when I opened the .rar archive, the only thing in it is a movies folder with some random .bik files. What am I missing here?"

I do not know why since a team member and others have downloaded and have all the files. You could try to download it again or wait for Deadlystream or moddb.com's links for download.
I've tried moddb, and I'm still having the same problem. WinRar gives me an "Unexpected end of archive" error, and then shows an archive containing only a movies folder. 7-zip does the same thing, minus the error message. Is anyone else having this problem?
 jacolino1996
08-16-2011, 4:11 PM
Hey one question - are you still making this new RoR home page?
 logan23
08-16-2011, 10:28 PM
Hey guys there is a bug I'm working on fixing.

Do to where the bug is i will mention what is the issue in a spoiler
When you are getting arrested and fight the Jedi, make sure you are in control of the PC at the end of the fight.....if you are in control of Uldir there is a chance the next dlg will not fire correctly and then you will be stuck.

I'm working on a fix right now will have one done either tonight or tomorrow night. Just want to give you guys a heads up that are playing the mod.

Logan
 SamuelMaki
08-17-2011, 3:41 AM
Hey guys there is a bug I'm working on fixing.

Do to where the bug is i will mention what is the issue in a spoiler
When you are getting arrested and fight the Jedi, make sure you are in control of the PC at the end of the fight.....if you are in control of Uldir there is a chance the next dlg will not fire correctly and then you will be stuck.

I'm working on a fix right now will have one done either tonight or tomorrow night. Just want to give you guys a heads up that are playing the mod.

Logan

I had that problem, but I managed to change to the PC-character... Dialog was going over and over...
 ForeverNight
08-17-2011, 5:30 PM
I just want to say, holy crap. Been away for a bit then came back and saw this...

Good work guys, keep it up! This has to be a favorite mod to watch development of when I'm not stuck doing other stuff!
 DarthMetal
08-17-2011, 8:28 PM
I'm downloading the demo right now I can say that I can't wait to try it out. If you don't mind a few questions how many lightsaber hilts will be in the final game? What about the amount of new robes and armors?

Also can you say about how many hours the final mod will be?
 Anakin_Xisali
08-17-2011, 9:09 PM
Great. This is wonderful [/sarcasm]

I finally downloaded this, followed the read-me and now it claims my game is not properly installed.

What is the issue?

I've got WinRAR, I followed the read-me to the letter...what did I do wrong?

I got my launcher out of the KotOR II file and and named ORG Launcher. I figured that had something to do with it. So I put it back. Didn't work. Renamed back to Launcher. Still doesn't work.

WHY?!!!!
 mr_dad
08-17-2011, 10:51 PM
Loved the demo. It did cause me a dilemma. I don't know weather to romance Liana or Kaila. The both supper good looking. Liana's a much nicer girl, although Kaila looks like a serious bad ***. Keep up the good work.
 Yul
08-19-2011, 4:32 PM
The VOs ...since this constant with all mods maybe its the permission setup of the folder for the Voicestream, or something else....I don't know why

I'm a newbie, so if I'm pointing out something you already knew about, don't take it the wrong way.

I leafed through the modding tips and tricks forum and found this thread on adding dialogue/lipsync:

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=126746)

Is anything in there relevant to the issue? I have a hard time playing most mods because of a lack of voice-overs, and I was seriously looking forward to having voices in this one, so I'd love to see this resolved.
 logan23
08-19-2011, 4:43 PM
I'm a newbie, so if I'm pointing out something you already knew about, don't take it the wrong way.

I leafed through the modding tips and tricks forum and found this thread on adding dialogue/lipsync:

Is anything in there relevant to the issue? I have a hard time playing most mods because of a lack of voice-overs, and I was seriously looking forward to having voices in this one, so I'd love to see this resolved.

From the article, I would say look at the VOs and make sure they are all wave files? good amount of time people have mp3s.

Looking at my files i can see WAVE and MP3s but yours might be sensitive or something,...see if you change them all Wave and if this don't work try all mp3s then.

Again not sure why some people have the issues with mods in general with hearing VOs?
 Anakin_Xisali
08-19-2011, 5:29 PM
So, Logan, is the Demo supposed to be fully voiced? I FINALLY (Yeah!!!) got it working, but when I played through it, about half of it was voiced, I wasn't sure whether that was supposed to happen or if I should of used all wav files.

Also - Holograms look like solid people, and people in Iridorian armor are gold and shiny. Same goes for Nindo's head, except it's green and shiny. Could have something to do with my computer, though.
 Sith Holocron
08-19-2011, 5:59 PM
So, Logan, is the Demo supposed to be fully voiced? I FINALLY (Yeah!!!) got it working, but when I played through it, about half of it was voiced, I wasn't sure whether that was supposed to happen or if I should of used all wav files.

If you missed Logan23's initial post (http://www.lucasforums.com/showpost.php?p=2788216&postcount=1) of his Demo release thread, you didn't see this part.

This is a work in progress so not all the human VOs are in the game, there will be a VO patch released later.
 Anakin_Xisali
08-21-2011, 1:36 PM
From the article, I would say look at the VOs and make sure they are all wave files? good amount of time people have mp3s.

Looking at my files i can see WAVE and MP3s but yours might be sensitive or something,...see if you change them all Wave and if this don't work try all mp3s then.

Again not sure why some people have the issues with mods in general with hearing VOs?

If you missed Logan23's initial post (http://www.lucasforums.com/showpost.php?p=2788216&postcount=1) of his Demo release thread, you didn't see this part.

@Sith Holocron: Actually I did. But read logan's post up there. What I meant was some characters would only have some spoken lines. Like Uldir, I only heard what he said at the Correllian base, almost everywhere else, he was mute with only text scrolling across the bottom. Same goes for Drayen, I heard what he said at the Jedi Temple, and when he was talking to Bao-Dur, but practically everything else I did not hear. I wasn't complaining that some minor characters don't have VOs at all, I don't care about that yet.
 logan23
08-21-2011, 4:47 PM
I just released a Fix Patch 1.0 for RoR Demo

http://www.moddb.com/mods/revenge-of-revan/downloads/fix-patch-10-ror-demo)

The Patch fixes the issue mention where the dlg would break if you control Uldir at the end of a key fight.

The Patch also resolves the confusion from finding the Black Boxes Quest. You will see a text pop up telling you have found a encoder/recording device which is the Black Box.

The Republic Scientist who will tell you to see Bao-dur even after he left the module has been resolved so there is another dlg shown after Bao –dur leaves.

I started to add more detail in descriptions of datapads and quest items along with changing the icon to the Calm plant item so you can not wear it. The Crystal used for the door has different icon and now can not be used as a lightsaber upgrade.

You can find it at moddb.com download section and later at Deadlystreams

The Next Patch will add VOs as well as tweak and polish some of the Demo’s content.

This will include:
VOs
Re work of the assassin scene
Possible LS/DS options at 1 to 2 points in the Demo
And more to be announced as we closer to the Patch’s release
 jacolino1996
08-21-2011, 6:03 PM
Will it be uploaded to Moddb? Beacuse dont know why i cant download it
 logan23
08-21-2011, 11:03 PM
 darth trea
08-22-2011, 3:35 AM
Originally Posted by Yul

aright YUL l after i got the mod and the voices didnt work i changed it all to wave files and that didnt work but i havent tried mp3 so i would try that first...

and LOGAN23 when the full mod comes out could you have a manual install package (kinda like what was done in recruitable kay) where u dont use tsl patcher and install by dragging the files into the folders... (i have problems with tsl patcher... it takes forever to get it to work) uh thats all i really have to say

(caps on names so that you know who im talking to right off the bat)
 jacolino1996
08-22-2011, 11:12 AM
Damn why demo ended in the best moment? ;). Anyway its true KotOR 3 for me
 mr_dad
08-22-2011, 12:24 PM
Damn why demo ended in the best moment? ;). Anyway its true KotOR 3 for me

I agree with both statements.
 Warlord664
08-22-2011, 2:30 PM
Lol! I couldn't believe my eyes when it ended. I was like WHAT??!!!! I was just getting into the feel of the story. All the demo did was make me want act 1 even more lol. I think this is going to be one of the best mods ever created when its finished. Keep up the awesome work logan! :thmbup1:
 ReAs0n
08-23-2011, 8:08 AM
Logan How much percent of the game has been done for now ?
 darth trea
08-23-2011, 6:18 PM
Lol! I couldn't believe my eyes when it ended. I was like WHAT??!!!! I was just getting into the feel of the story. All the demo did was make me want act 1 even more lol. I think this is going to be one of the best mods ever created when its finished. Keep up the awesome work logan! :thmbup1:

lol i didnt even know it ended
 thelazygent
08-24-2011, 1:41 AM
Having problems when talking to Markus in the cantina.

The last line he says is that one of his guys died. I checked the quest items where it says that Markus gave me a crystal to gain access to the temple. I never got dialogue where he gives me a crystal. I go to the temple on the northwest portion of the jungle and cant get in. Help
 Anakin_Xisali
08-24-2011, 5:07 PM

The last line he says is that one of his guys died. I checked the quest items where it says that Markus gave me a crystal to gain access to the temple. I never got dialogue where he gives me a crystal. I go to the temple on the northwest portion of the jungle and cant get in. Help

A few questions. Did you actually have the crystal in your inventory? Could you get through the "Ancient Door". Because if you got all the way to temple, then a script isn't firing or something, because the crystal is supposed to break and trigger a bunch of Sith Assassins that you have to fight through.
 logan23
08-24-2011, 5:39 PM

I suspect you didn't have uldir and drayen in your active party.
 thelazygent
08-24-2011, 6:41 PM
yes your right logan. I didnt know he joined the party and didnt add him to my team.

Also I have a question?

Does the demo end before you fight the people on the Republic starship? After you talk to the prisoners and befriend them, I added one of them to my party. The PC says this is how is starts and then goes to the credits, but after the credits it goes to a cutscene where the senators and chancellor are talking to each other in a blue room ( I think this is the same cutscene in the beginning of the demo. After the cutscene though I cant do any thing. I cant talk to any of the senators or leave the blue room.
 Elite Duck
08-24-2011, 7:09 PM
I've been waiting for this demo to come out FOREVER and now that it's out. TSL won't launch!

Windows 7 sucks sometimes D:
 thelazygent
08-24-2011, 7:11 PM
I've been waiting for this demo to come out FOREVER and now that it's out. TSL won't launch!

Windows 7 sucks sometimes D:

Did you try downloading the vista fix?

http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filefront.com/file/TSL_Windows_Vista_Fix;85439)
 Elite Duck
08-24-2011, 7:16 PM
It's not that. My GPU is new so KotOR isn't compatible with it. I'm waiting to get Dell to send me an intergrated graphics driver (that somehow wasn't installed at the factory) so that I can play it. Though knowing Dell RoR will've come out anyway by the time they've pulled their fingers out.
Page: 30 of 37