Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

[tsl] KOTOR: Revenge of Revan

Page: 36 of 37
 DarthPlastic
10-03-2013, 11:16 PM
Just finished playing through the demo... Just...WOW.
Seriously, you guys are really doing a great job, and I would love to see the final version released, hopefully, it wont be long, big congrats to you all
 NightStalker786
10-24-2013, 4:13 PM
As a noob to these forums, I only have one question -- how will this run with future versions of KOTOR II? They released a version that's supposedly compatible with Windows 7. As well as the Steam version. Will there be any difference between using the mod on the new version, or the digital version? Or should I hunt down a copy of the original disks?
 Scorge
10-24-2013, 7:40 PM
As a noob to these forums, I only have one question -- how will this run with future versions of KOTOR II? They released a version that's supposedly compatible with Windows 7. As well as the Steam version. Will there be any difference between using the mod on the new version, or the digital version? Or should I hunt down a copy of the original disks?

It shouldn't affect anything, this mod should work for all versions.
 Christos K
10-24-2013, 10:26 PM
They released a version of the games compatible with Windows 7?
 Scorge
10-25-2013, 2:10 PM
They released a version of the games compatible with Windows 7?

Look on Steam, and it seems to be compatible on Windows 7 even with the disc version.
 Fallen Guardian
10-25-2013, 6:32 PM
Look on Steam, and it seems to be compatible on Windows 7 even with the disc version.

I thought those new DVD box sets were also compatible with windows 7?
 NightStalker786
10-26-2013, 6:07 PM
I thought those new DVD box sets were also compatible with windows 7?
Yeah, they are. The new "Knights of the Old Republic" box set has both games, with both having been adapted for Windows 7.
 Shigar Konshi
10-27-2013, 9:54 AM
I've had my box set for about 9-10 years and it works perfectly on my windows 7, just as it did on XP
 Christos K
10-27-2013, 4:25 PM
My KotOR games work rather well with Windows 7 as well and they aren't the newer versions. It was Windows Vista that had terrible compatibility with the games if I remember correct.
 Tigersong
11-01-2013, 11:28 PM
Neither the Wetpaint nor Deadly Stream links work. Does this mean the project was discontinued?
 Phildevil
11-02-2013, 1:52 AM
You are kidding right? This project is not discontinued. And the link... give-it another try, maybe?
 logan23
11-02-2013, 3:46 AM
Neither the Wetpaint nor Deadly Stream links work. Does this mean the project was discontinued?

Wetpaint isn't being used anymore.
Revenge of revan has its own website but for Downloading the mod-

I tried out deadlystream which worked.

You can also visit
http://www.moddb.com/mods/revenge-of-revan)
There you can download the mod :)

Thanks
 redrob41
11-02-2013, 8:45 PM
Logan, maybe you could update your signature? It could say:
Revenge of Revan Website | Lucas Forums Thread | DeadlyStream Thread
Download the Demo at: DeadlyStream or ModDB
and then have all the appropriate links updated ;)
 logan23
11-03-2013, 1:41 AM
Logan, maybe you could update your signature? It could say:

and then have all the appropriate links updated ;)

Great idea!

Updated as you suggested:thmbup1:
 Darthdestructtive
11-09-2013, 6:45 AM
Hey do you need any more voice overs for characters.I recently downloaded the beta and loved it. I can perform a variety of voices. Are there any more spots available and if so are the any terms of conditions for voicing a character.
Kind regards Darthdestructive:thmbup1:
 Darth_Zongo
12-31-2013, 8:02 PM
Hello, I have been following this mod for a long time and can't wait for the full thing to come out! I am wondering though as to where the best place would be for the most recent and most updated place for news?

Thanks!
 Canderis
01-01-2014, 2:38 AM
Hello, I have been following this mod for a long time and can't wait for the full thing to come out! I am wondering though as to where the best place would be for the most recent and most updated place for news?

Thanks!

Right here.
 Darth_Zongo
01-03-2014, 9:36 PM
Right here.
Thanks I was just wondering if this was the right one because I havent seen any news or updates in a while.
 Shigar Konshi
01-04-2014, 3:56 PM
Quick question,
Since I've played through and completed the demo, when the real thing is released will I be able to just carry on from the last save or will I start again?
 Shigar Konshi
01-05-2014, 1:39 PM
Also, I really hope this project hasn't died like so many other TC's before it, the great hyperspace war, darkness within etc etc..
 Christos K
01-05-2014, 3:53 PM
You'll probably need to restart, plus you'll want to since the next release will be better without a doubt.
 Shigar Konshi
01-06-2014, 4:09 PM
You'll probably need to restart, plus you'll want to since the next release will be better without a doubt.

Aye I suppose your right, to be honest the suspension of when this mod is being released is killing me, as I've just finished TSL with HOTOR and TSLRCM now I can't wait to continue the story without having to play online with incredibley annoying people on SWTOR
 Christos K
01-06-2014, 7:47 PM
TOR will never be a true KotOR 3. TJM and ROR are the closest things we're gonna get as far as I'm concerned.
 Shigar Konshi
01-07-2014, 4:07 AM
I completely agree, and unless Disney get their arses into gear we won't have a *true* kotor 3
 Christos K
01-09-2014, 2:07 AM
At least we're finally getting a new Battlefront, and one that should kick ass.
 Stanislavxy
02-06-2014, 5:49 PM
I played the demo shortly, it was awesome :-) is there any chance that the rest of the mod (or at least the next act) will still come out in 2014?
 Sith Holocron
02-06-2014, 5:51 PM
I've seen what's left to do. It won't come out this year.
 Stanislavxy
02-08-2014, 12:00 PM
What a pity :-/ Well, then I'll have to wait
 mysticjedi85
03-11-2014, 7:44 PM
Scuse me i downloaded the demo after hearing about it after just searching about kotor 3 when i was bored, i followed the steps exactly i added the modules from the rar file to the modules in Kotor 2 file same with the movies. I created a ne override file and named the old one ORG like it says to do. i added and changed the music score as needed , i added the voice actors files to the GBL file, and finally added ran the species feat mod. I must be doing something wrong because when i go to run the game it says Star wars knights of the old republic II: the sith lords has stopped working. it stopped working about the time i did the species mod because i checked the game to make sure i did everything right after each step and after the override step i sa the game menu for ROR what am i doing wrong :/
 logan23
03-11-2014, 11:51 PM
Scuse me i downloaded the demo after hearing about it after just searching about kotor 3 when i was bored, i followed the steps exactly i added the modules from the rar file to the modules in Kotor 2 file same with the movies. I created a ne override file and named the old one ORG like it says to do. i added and changed the music score as needed , i added the voice actors files to the GBL file, and finally added ran the species feat mod. I must be doing something wrong because when i go to run the game it says Star wars knights of the old republic II: the sith lords has stopped working. it stopped working about the time i did the species mod because i checked the game to make sure i did everything right after each step and after the override step i sa the game menu for ROR what am i doing wrong :/

Ok, your problem is that you installed a kotor1 mod into kotor2.
The -species feat mod- is a kotor 1 mod. It will not work in kotor2.

If you remove that feat mod , you should have no problem playing RoR.

If you have any other issues, let me know.

Enjoy the mod =)
 mysticjedi85
03-12-2014, 8:13 PM
Ok, your problem is that you installed a kotor1 mod into kotor2.
The -species feat mod- is a kotor 1 mod. It will not work in kotor2.

If you remove that feat mod , you should have no problem playing RoR.

If you have any other issues, let me know.

Enjoy the mod =)

how do i uninstall the mod? i dont see any of the files from the mod from the patch in the modules or override folder
 redrob41
03-13-2014, 8:01 PM
and finally added ran the species feat mod. I must be doing something wrong because when i go to run the game it says Star wars knights of the old republic II: the sith lords has stopped working. it stopped working about the time i did the species mod because i checked the game to make sure i did everything right after each step and after the override step i sa the game menu for ROR what am i doing wrong :/

Was it my [K1] Species Specific feats for PCs (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=183411)mod) that you installed? If so, the biggest problems will be that it changes the dialog.tlk and feats.2da files. Hopefully you will have backups of these two files that you can use to replace the modified ones. If you do, then the feats.2da file should be replaced in the Override directory, and the dialog.tlk should be replaced in the main Kotot:TSL directory (the folder that contains the exe and all the other folders for Override, Saves, Modules, Movies, etc)
 mysticjedi85
03-13-2014, 11:50 PM
yes i downloaded the origional dialouge.tlk folder and replaced the modified one but the problem is i accidently deleted the backup folder that the mod created and i dont have the feat.2da file anymor and i cant get it off the disk that has kotor 2 on it because i lost it. the reason could play kotor 2 is because i have the Kotor collection that came to the us in 2012, and either disk plays either game. Logan said he would email me the feat.2da file from his vanilla Kotor 2 whatever vanilla means ( i think it means un modded >w<)
 mysticjedi85
03-14-2014, 8:36 PM
i got the mod to work and i played it but now im stuck in a blue room.... how do i get out of it?!
 logan23
03-14-2014, 8:59 PM
i got the mod to work and i played it but now im stuck in a blue room.... how do i get out of it?!

If you played up to the scene where you talk to the red hair girl and a Duro - after you open that door it ends and the credits play- after it tosses you into a blue room since at the time I didn't know the code to send the player back to the main menu, =(
 mysticjedi85
03-14-2014, 9:26 PM
well be that way logan senpai! i cant wait for the full version to come out >w< it was soooo awshome shauce! i was a miraluka jedi guardian >w<
 logan23
03-14-2014, 9:46 PM
well be that way logan senpai! i cant wait for the full version to come out >w< it was soooo awshome shauce! i was a miraluka jedi guardian >w<

I know -ending a mod on a cliff hanger does cause that,..where is the next release urge

I'm glad you enjoyed the mod =)
 Shigar Konshi
03-15-2014, 5:46 AM
But your definitely still going aye Logan? :)
 Sith Holocron
03-15-2014, 5:48 AM
He is working on it. :)
 mysticjedi85
03-15-2014, 12:54 PM
logan senpai! i need help! im trying to get it back to the regular kotor 2 but it didnt work and tried uninstalling kotor 2 but that didnt work! i dont have the files in the override file anymore that goes for ROR. can you help me uninstall ROR please?
 Shigar Konshi
03-15-2014, 7:18 PM
He is working on it. :)

Good to hear :)
 mysticjedi85
03-15-2014, 7:58 PM
-_- i played the demo it was awesome i just wish i could get it back to my old kotor 2 game.... im getting the feeling it wrote the mod to the disk....
 MrBluevelt
03-15-2014, 11:53 PM
-_- i played the demo it was awesome i just wish i could get it back to my old kotor 2 game.... im getting the feeling it wrote the mod to the disk....

That's literally not possible, my friend, if you're suggesting the mod overwrote your KOTOR II CD. A clean install is your best bet.

Wipe out every scrap of KOTOR II and ROR under C:\Program Files\Lucas Arts (or wherever it's installed on your computer), and then do a clean install from your KOTOR II disk.
 Christos K
03-16-2014, 4:43 PM
Next time do a clean install of KotOR II, install the patches and then copy the entire SWKotORII folder and make it for just ROR (and TJM and any other total conversion mods you want to play)
 mysticjedi85
03-16-2014, 6:00 PM
Next time do a clean install of KotOR II, install the patches and then copy the entire SWKotORII folder and make it for just ROR (and TJM and any other total conversion mods you want to play)

how would one do a clean install? by deleting every file that has to do with swKOTOR2 and then install using the sisk? my cousin and i did that, but it still became ROR! im using the star wars knights of the old republic collection that came out in 2012
 logan23
03-16-2014, 6:09 PM
how would one do a clean install? by deleting every file that has to do with swKOTOR2 and then install using the sisk? my cousin and i did that, but it still became ROR! im using the star wars knights of the old republic collection that came out in 2012

Try to install kotor2 into a different location on the computer. When it gives you the base directory when installing choose a different location.
 Fair Strides 2
03-16-2014, 7:51 PM

Okay, here's what you do:

1. Uninstall KotOR2 using the Add or Remove Programs feature of Windows.
2. Go to the location where you had KotOR2 installed.
3. DELETE the entire folder.*
4. Now reinstall using the discs...

*: If you installed to the default location(C:\Program Files\LucasArts\SWKotOR2), you would delete the SWKotOR2 folder in its entirety, after the uninstallation.
 Twister1993
03-17-2014, 5:59 PM
I have been following this for some time now, and thought i would create a profile and join in the conversation.

I do have a question do you know how much longer it will be till you guys are finished with the mod. Just Curious.
 Sith Holocron
03-17-2014, 6:26 PM
It won't be out this year.
 Col_Zechs
04-16-2014, 10:46 AM
Has Revenge of Revan Mod been recently updated?
Page: 36 of 37