Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

[tsl] KOTOR: Revenge of Revan

Page: 31 of 37
 SamuelMaki
08-25-2011, 8:46 AM
It's not that. My GPU is new so KotOR isn't compatible with it. I'm waiting to get Dell to send me an intergrated graphics driver (that somehow wasn't installed at the factory) so that I can play it. Though knowing Dell RoR will've come out anyway by the time they've pulled their fingers out.

I have almost new gpu and the game plays fine:confused: I have hp pavilion dv6 and amd radeon hd5650... Are you sure the problem is your gpu? Have you tried the vista fix or xp-mode?
 Qui-Don Jorn
08-25-2011, 9:41 AM
Hey Logan,..got some more "content" for you to intergrate! Woohoo!
 Ferc Kast
08-25-2011, 9:50 AM
It's not that. My GPU is new so KotOR isn't compatible with it. I'm waiting to get Dell to send me an intergrated graphics driver (that somehow wasn't installed at the factory) so that I can play it. Though knowing Dell RoR will've come out anyway by the time they've pulled their fingers out.

My GPU is newer than KotOR I & II , but runs them perfectly; Did you try running it as an administrator or with compatibility for XP Service Pack 2? That's how I got my copy of KotOR I & II running, without even needing the vista fix.
 Elite Duck
08-25-2011, 11:19 AM
KotOR is compatible with Nvidia 1,2,3 and 4 but not the 5 series. The intergrated graphics is basically the compatibility mode for my computer so that it can play old games.
Looking forward to playing it though!
 Darth_Omnis
08-26-2011, 2:13 AM
I was on a KotOR 1/2 mod site today and someone made metion of this in passing. It intrigued me enough to go searching. I literaly spent the Whole Day reading from the first post down to the most recent and I have to say I'm very pleased. Most 'major mods' kick off with a bang and then end up :chop1:. And by major I mean they come up with a great idea and then end up bogged down by theri own genious and never finish. It's nice to see that hasn't happend here.

I actually had to dust off my list of usernames and passwords so I could come in and drop a message to you guys and give some support (however small it may seem, any support is better than no support).

Anyway, I had a question: Do you think in the final version you might add some sort of easter eggs? Nothing flashy, it could be something simple like a well-known quote from the movies or something interesing like finding a hidden door on Coursant and seeing a Chiss, you talk to him and he says something like, "SSSSSSHHHH! Quiet, I don't want anyone to see me. Hey what are you doing in a dark alleyway anyway?"

Small things like that can add a whole new reason to replay, just trying to see what funny things the devs. put in for thoes who actually go out and explore.

Anywho, that was my $.02 and just saying that this will be one of the best mods for KotOR 2. Ever. Of all Time.
 redrob41
08-26-2011, 1:40 PM
I was on a KotOR 1/2 mod site today and someone made metion of this in passing. It intrigued me enough to go searching. I literaly spent the Whole Day reading from the first post down to the most recent and I have to say I'm very pleased.

which KotOR mod site was that?

Well, I'm glad someone was willing to read all 38 pages :D I know it's a lot, but most questions have already been answered in there somewhere. And support is always welcome :)

As for easter eggs, I'm sure there will be plenty of pleasant little suprises for everyone who is a fan of the Old Republic era ;) I can't speak for the writers, but I've tried to put little winks and nods to other characters in much of the art I've done.
 Darth_Omnis
08-26-2011, 4:20 PM
which KotOR mod site was that?

It was the KotOR filefront site. Ironically it was in reguards to a picture of the day easter egg :emodanc:
Someone made the comment that it looked like something logan23 would put in his KotOR thr- er, I mean KotOR two mod ;) Thus began my journey to learn of this MMod: Massive Mod
 Darth_Omnis
08-27-2011, 5:35 PM
Hey! I finished the demo and I am really loving it! Even with the rough edges(it is a beta after all) I could definitly see the diamond there. If I'm not mistaken, you still need voice actors? I'm was actually training in college to voice act, my major was in theater.

If you need any help just pm me some script and what kind of tone you want and I'll message you some clips! My only issue will be that I will most likely be sent out to boot camp sometime at the end of this year or the begginig of the next but I'll help anyway I can even if it's just secondary characters.
 grandmasterrevan
08-31-2011, 9:44 AM
Hi Logan i've just finished the demo and i must say, it is fantastic, but i was thinking,(Strange question) once the mod is finished will it be released as a whole or in parts.
 Darth_Omnis
08-31-2011, 10:39 AM
Hi Logan i've just finished the demo and i must say, it is fantastic, but i was thinking,(Strange question) once the mod is finished will it be released as a whole or in parts.

Probably due to the file size, it will more than likely be zipped into smaller peices.
 logan23
09-02-2011, 9:39 PM
It was the KotOR filefront site. Ironically it was in reguards to a picture of the day easter egg
Someone made the comment that it looked like something logan23 would put in his KotOR thr- er, I mean KotOR two mod Thus began my journey to learn of this MMod: Massive Mod

I'm glad you came across that:thmbup1:

We are still looking for Voice actors.
I'm still working on how best to manage giving out the lines.
I'm looking at late Sept for a good deal of the lines being given out for the Demo's content.

Hey Logan,..got some more "content" for you to intergrate! Woohoo!

Awesome!
I'm implementing this into the game this holiday weekend :)
 mr_dad
09-03-2011, 3:03 PM
I can still do Vo's. And If you don't have anyone voicing Kyle, I volunteer.
 mcgreggers99
09-03-2011, 11:39 PM
I'm glad you came across that:thmbup1:

We are still looking for Voice actors.
I'm still working on how best to manage giving out the lines.
I'm looking at late Sept for a good deal of the lines being given out for the Demo's content.

Awesome!
I'm implementing this into the game this holiday weekend :)
I just finished the demo tonight. I've been keeping an eye on this project for quite a while now (for at least a year), and I'm so excited to see such a talented group really stepping up in the mod community to put out something this great that will stick around for years to come. It's really exciting.

I've been around on the KOTOR movie chat pages too, but this project is really different in that it's an awesome example of people getting together to make something of real substance that everyone can play.

I was so ticked when the demo ended I was settled in for a marathon gaming session. lol

Anyway I'd like to send congrats to you guys for actually making it to beta, and I wish everyone the best of luck in completing the project.

I'd be glad to offer any assistance that I can.

I've done voice acting before in radio advertising and animated shorts in college. I'd be glad to offer my services in any capacity.

I can also do a little coding here and there, and I have tons of experience with recording and mixing audio.
 Anakin_Xisali
09-04-2011, 7:02 PM
Logan, RedRob, Kaui-Donn Jorn (whoever does the lightsaber models), I have a suggestion. I noticed that you have lightsaber hilts based on the lightsaber fighting styles, Shii-Cho, Makashi....

For the Form Shien, could you perhaps invert the model? I did a little research and found that most people who use the form Shien wield lightsabers backhanded, such as Adi Galia, Ahsoka Tano, Starkiller...

I also found a mod on filefront that's a little old where the modder took all the short sabers and inverted them, so I know it's possible at least in theory.
 redrob41
09-06-2011, 7:22 PM
I just took a look at Wookieepedia, and I think that most of the notable practitioners held thier lightsabers in the standard way, and some of them used double sabers:

Notable practitioners
■Kavar[2]
■Zez-Kai Ell[2]
■Vrook Lamar[2]
■Ulic Qel-Droma[3]
■Darth Bane[4]
■Aayla Secura[5]
■Plo Koon[6]
■Galen Marek[6]
■Anakin Skywalker[1]
■Kyle Katarn[7]
■Luke Skywalker[8]

I think that the main thing about Shien is that it isn't a purely defensive style: after a defensive parry, there is an aggressive counterstrike; likewise, blaster bolts get deflected back at attackers, rather than at innanimate objects. The hand grip position being reversed can be used, but isn't the primary use of the form.
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Form_V:_Shien_/_Djem_So)

Aside from that, while it would be possible to make some hilts with reversed grips, I don't think that the animations sync up as well, and therefore wouldn't be worth the effort. You'd have to use two sabers, because holding a sinigle blade upside down with two hands looks funny :lol:
 Anakin_Xisali
09-06-2011, 9:06 PM
I just took a look at Wookieepedia, and I think that most of the notable practitioners held thier lightsabers in the standard way, and some of them used double sabers:

I think that the main thing about Shien is that it isn't a purely defensive style: after a defensive parry, there is an aggressive counterstrike; likewise, blaster bolts get deflected back at attackers, rather than at innanimate objects. The hand grip position being reversed can be used, but isn't the primary use of the form.
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Form_V:_Shien_/_Djem_So)

Aside from that, while it would be possible to make some hilts with reversed grips, I don't think that the animations sync up as well, and therefore wouldn't be worth the effort. You'd have to use two sabers, because holding a sinigle blade upside down with two hands looks funny :lol:

Well, yessss....having one lightsaber held upside down would look funny. I was going to dual-wield, as that's what my character does. (Yes I did cheat to get the second saber, I know, I know :()
I just thought having two would look cool.
 .:Lord Revan:.
09-07-2011, 7:14 PM
It is good to know after being gone for a while I can come back and download the RoR demo YAHOOOO!!!! Great work guys!
 Qui-Don Jorn
09-07-2011, 9:14 PM
Aside from that, while it would be possible to make some hilts with reversed grips, I don't think that the animations sync up as well, and therefore wouldn't be worth the effort. You'd have to use two sabers, because holding a sinigle blade upside down with two hands looks funny

I agree.
 Bane's Heart
09-08-2011, 4:00 AM
Absolutely fantastic, I've been watching this mod grow from a simple idea and I'm astonished. However, I am a little hesitant downloading it.

Every single time I attempt to put a mod in my override folder a message pops up that says 'Unauthorised Access can not be changed" or something along these lines.

This is with a fairly average computer that runs Windows 7, any advise is much appreciated! And congrats on finally pumping out the first load of what will be the beast that Revenge of Revan is.
 Capibara
09-08-2011, 6:55 AM
Every single time I attempt to put a mod in my override folder a message pops up that says 'Unauthorised Access can not be changed" or something along these lines.

This is with a fairly average computer that runs Windows 7, any advise is much appreciated! And congrats on finally pumping out the first load of what will be the beast that Revenge of Revan is.

I don't know for sure as i haven't tried windows 7 but it may be windows UAC that's responsible for that. Have you installed the game on the default directory (program files)? if so, uninstall, install it somewhere else and try again. :)
 .:Lord Revan:.
09-08-2011, 5:24 PM
Great demo a few minor problems but it was awsome now I am pumped for the rest. Speaking of which because you released the demo is that all that is done or what has been perfected (this is not a release date question). Will there be more demos that will continue from the end point?

Try running as administrator. :thumbsup:
 logan23
09-26-2011, 11:20 PM
Hey everyone!

Stopping to let you all know that we are ready for VO work for the missing dlg for the Demo.

This will work by having people interested send me a visitor message at my profile (My PMs are just about full) So after i get the visitor message in the profile..I will send you a PM with my email so you can send a sample of VO and then i can send you the file.

Thanks!

Logan
 Hawkstrong16
10-01-2011, 8:24 PM
Well I just spent the better part of two hours catching up on this Mod, and all I can say is: WOW!!!!!
I just downloaded the demo and am in the process of re-installing Kotor II so that I can play it.
I'm so glad to see this Mod pull through where alot of these Mods fail. Keep up the GREAT work!

On a side note its been so long since I've been on this site I'm glad to come back and see this, and that everyone here seems to be doing well
 redrob41
10-05-2011, 3:26 AM
For all RoR team: there are some new WIP pics in the team member social group. I'm in need of some opinion and feedback :raise:. Thanks.

Sorry to all the fans, but I don't want to spoil this character for you too soon. I won't reveal this character until I'm 100% satisfied that he/she/it is ready.

I can't give away all the cool secrets ;).
 jonathan7
10-05-2011, 1:27 PM
Looks awesome RedRob41, I know all the fans are in for a treat, first class skinning there! I've posted a reply in the social group for you ;)
 SionFTW
10-23-2011, 9:32 PM
Sounds like it's gonna be cool.
 logan23
10-31-2011, 9:44 PM
Hey everyone!

I just wanted to stop by and share some pics with you.

http://img855.imageshack.us/img855/5835/k300775.jpg)

http://img543.imageshack.us/img543/1207/k300773.jpg)

http://img836.imageshack.us/img836/1530/k300772.jpg)

http://img32.imageshack.us/img32/6221/k300770.jpg)

http://img269.imageshack.us/img269/8037/k300778.jpg)

I will have more pics in the future but right now I have been focusing on getting the new writers up to speed on the project as well as building the levels in the game.

Everything is going well.
The VO/ Content Patch is still being worked on for the Demo (Beta).
I don't have a date for its release just yet but will let you guys know when I feel the build, and content are all in.

As for Act1, the first half of the game, this will be sometime in 2012.

MORE TO COME....

Logan
 Scorge
10-31-2011, 10:36 PM
Looks awesome!

EDIT: Nvm its a forcefield
 Slstoev
11-01-2011, 3:45 AM
That twi'lek is a perv! Great pics!
 Warlord664
11-01-2011, 9:58 AM
Thanks for the pics logan! Hows your new site coming for ROR? any chance that it will be done before 2012? ty.
 BloodCarver
11-01-2011, 2:17 PM
Absolutely fantastic, as usual! Any chance there are still writer positions available? I'd love to help out if you still need editing and such :D
 dethkult
11-06-2011, 1:57 PM
Hey I'm playing Revenge of Revan on an unmodded koror2 game and I ran into a little problem. I don't know if this is the place to report bug issues but basically I can't find the black box 2 in the corllian jungle. There is a piece of debris in a northeast knob right under where you find the dead beast master. I can click on it but it doesn't open up as a container. I'm wondering if that's where it is. My impressions of the demo? great! I have one thing to say. I hope the space station involved in the storyline is Centerpoint Station from the Star wars books. That would be cool. Origins on the station are ambiguous at best (lore says it moved planets into the corilloian sector) and I have a theory that it was built by the Ratakan the aliens who built the Star Forge. Every Star Wars needs it's death star style super weapon and I hope centerpoint gets included in the final version of this mod. Good stuff guys! I'm enjoying playing this!:thmbup1:
 logan23
11-06-2011, 2:37 PM
Hey I'm playing Revenge of Revan on an unmodded koror2 game and I ran into a little problem. I don't know if this is the place to report bug issues but basically I can't find the black box 2 in the corllian jungle. There is a piece of debris in a northeast knob right under where you find the dead beast master. I can click on it but it doesn't open up as a container. I'm wondering if that's where it is.

Check your inventory for the black boxes. They are all found in the jungle module where the beast master was. When you click the wreckage you will get them but unless you have the fix patch you won't know you have it till you check your inventory.

The location you mention next to the dead beast master is not the placeable with the black box.

It's in the jungle section.
If you still have trouble finding it then send me a message at my profile and i will give you the 3 locations so you can let me know if this is a bug.

I'm glad your enjoying the mod.

Thanks!

Logan
 Daniwars
11-14-2011, 7:16 PM
I liked playing the demo, it had only some bugs, particulary in the Journal area, but overall it was awesome. Logan, can you give some news to us soon? thanks
 UltimateHK47
11-17-2011, 1:38 PM
As it is demo beta, will there be an alpha. Or is that all the patches and further bug fixes for the beta?

wIm hungry for news. Or has tthe project gone dead :). Joking, hope modding goes well.
 logan23
11-19-2011, 6:34 PM
The project is going well. :thmbup1:

One of my new writers has been working on some nice side quests as he is being brought into the fold of the project. I have two additional writers who plan to be also help in writing dialogue and content for the project.

I lost a weekend, since I was Beta Testing swTOR. (Had a lot of fun:) )

I'm also in the middle of reading the Revan Book and making notes on how Revan and the Exile will be placed into the game and what possible changes.

One concept idea is to have it if the player chooses the canon Revan story when they have their first conversation with Master Drayen. This would be highlighted with the option where you mention you do not care about the facts around Revan and the Exile.

If you choose to select the gender and alignment of Revan and the Exile you will get a slightly different non canon story of Revan in the game.

Result:
This will allow players to see how this game would connect to the cannon Revan Book story if they choose to.

If they don't want this and choose the gender and alignment themselves, they will get something slightly different, which will have elements from the Revan Book's elements but the major elements will be from my view of Revan, which was created for this game from the beginning.

I believe this will satisfy both players, those who want more strict cannon on Revan and Exile and those who want fully define these characters and see a new story that would fit into the transition of kotor1/2 and swTOR.

More updates will be coming as we get closer to winter break.

Next update will be about Creating Side Quests
This will also have tips for other projects and quest designers. (Aimed to be a slight tutorial and worksheet for other modders in the community.)

MORE TO COME.....

Logan
 UltimateHK47
11-20-2011, 7:48 AM
Wow, you got me wanting more. Hope the update contains screenies! :)
 Scorge
11-20-2011, 10:36 AM
I lost a weekend, since I was Beta Testing swTOR. (Had a lot of fun:) )

Your so lucky. I wish I could Beta Test it, BTW whats your favorite Class? Me = Jedi Knight
 UltimateHK47
11-20-2011, 5:26 PM
Smae, id love to test. Though im not buying the game, Monthley fee, my gaming allowance is like £50 a year lol. Though this yeasr ive spen like £200. Im kinda adicted to the 3ds lol. jks. But then how come ive posted 61 posts in 3 days since ive joined. Im soo keen on swkotor modding. Arn't we all...
 Warlord664
11-20-2011, 8:32 PM
Ty for the update Logan! Hows your new RoR site? Is it any close to being finished?
 UltimateHK47
11-21-2011, 2:09 PM
No ne told me about a new ROR site! :o
 redrob41
11-21-2011, 7:05 PM
One concept idea is to have it if the player chooses the canon Revan story when they have their first conversation with Master Drayen. This would be highlighted with the option where you mention you do not care about the facts around Revan and the Exile.

How about something along the lines of:
"How the writers of history books choose to record the exploits of Revan and the Exile is of little importance to me."
instead of the current line we have? That way it takes a nod to the new Revan novel.
 Capibara
11-23-2011, 4:02 AM
I've read somewhere that book is godawful and pisses all over TSL (as expected)... i seriously hope you guys care more (way more) about K1/TSL continuity and rational expectations as to the development of it's characters and subplots (as well as your *own* original story) than trying to make a confusing pastiche by also going the route of that book as a mere "in-between" universe set-up platform to the mmo. :)
 Christos K
12-07-2011, 7:10 PM
^I Agree with Capibara.

Not only does it piss on TSL it also doesn't give the proper closure to Revan and the Exile. And the reason for the Sith Emperor being delayed is REALLY lame. They should have made it so that in a duel between Revan, the Exile and the Sith Emperor that nearly everything on the planet was destroyed except the Emperor who slowly regenerates his body over the course of the next 250-300 years. It would have at least sent Revan and the Exile out with a bang.
AND spoiler They kill T3-M4, they ****ING KILL T3-M4. No matter what, that should be taken out of the story for RoR.
 UltimateHK47
12-08-2011, 1:45 PM
I agree, it sounds AWFUL.
 Knight_Revan_17
12-08-2011, 5:12 PM
Personally, I really enjoyed the Revan novel. It didn't piss all over KotOR 2. I wish people would stop being so negative. We finally found out about Revan and the Exile post KotOR 1 and KotOR 2, and it still isn't good enough.

Logan, It's your mod, so I think you should do whatever you want.
 UltimateHK47
12-08-2011, 5:16 PM
But back to the mod, what are you gonna do, the novel or your own idea?
 logan23
12-08-2011, 10:07 PM
I do have a solution with the novel.

You will get both.

Read #1544

Its a few post above yours. It has the answer to your question.
 Darth_Delator
12-10-2011, 6:47 PM
Dear Logan23!
I'm very imprest by your work on Revenge Of Revan, and video with revealed VO and original music very inspired me!
I always was a true fan of Star Wars, and KotOR espacialy. And now i want to get a chance to be involed to creation of such expectible chapter of Revan's and Exile's story!
I will be happy to write some music to this mod, whatever world or situation it belongs to! I have a high enough musical aducation, and posibilities to record it with samples of highest quality!
I know you have a composer for this project and a lot of themes already done, BUT if you have just something you plan to do, some posible themes, it will be honor for me to give a little piece of my heart to this great project!
Here're a links to fiew themes i composed, and i hope it matches to emotional idea of RoR story!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H4UIMSSS1lM)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sqcl_yTRD6Y)
Thank you for your time!
With best regards, Darth Delator!:)
 Scorge
12-10-2011, 7:38 PM
Here're a links to fiew themes i composed, and i hope it matches to emotional idea of RoR story!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H4UIMSSS1lM)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sqcl_yTRD6Y)

The music sounds awesome!
Page: 31 of 37