Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

[tsl] KOTOR: Revenge of Revan

Page: 28 of 37
 Capibara
07-17-2011, 4:38 AM
^Ok, i checked your video, the progression feature is nice, though it seems a bit complicated (or i just didn't understand it), this is what i got; the hilts vary according to the custom crystal placed in the color crystal slot, right? those custom crystals are retrieved from found damaged lightsabers (do this retrieval require the use of repair parts or x amount of repair skill points?, do the custom crystals you get by this process are predetermined by something?), so then, the new custom-hilted lightsaber has some bonuses in them and is... tied to a specific lightsaber fighting form? (meaning you can only use that form with that partcular lightsaber?)... i am confuse.

(Also, imo, main attribute bonuses on weapons is kinda not-so-good, i know you say in the video that the +7 bonus there was just for show, but even if it is +1...)
 iamyourdad
07-17-2011, 10:50 AM
How long before the mod will be out?
 Zhaboka
07-17-2011, 3:35 PM
W.I.D.
 redrob41
07-17-2011, 3:50 PM
One last thing, (which perhaps you already answered to, so apologies), in both the video and the screenshots i'm seeing a lot of previous game companions; Bastila, Bao-Dur, and i think i also saw the Handmaiden around there somewhere... which is cool and all, but maybe you shouldn't overdo it for both freshness's sake and for your own peace of mind, i mean, getting those voices to sound like those of other people is probably resource and time consuming... again, just a thought.

the use of previous characters is to gain a sense of continuation. Logan wants this mod to feel like it is part of the same trilogy, but still is it's own story. So, just like some K1 characters make a cameo in TSL, there will be a few cameos in RoR. As it is right now, Bastila and Bao-Dur have scenes, Carth and Handmaiden might show up (depending on your LS/DS choices for K1/TSL), and T3 and a HK assassin droids might show up as well.

We are aware that over doing the cameos will work against us, so we won't throw every previous party member in there.
 Qui-Don Jorn
07-18-2011, 1:32 AM
(although i'd rather the padded grip lines be 'ring' shaped) and the hilt progression is an interesting feature.

Oh we got those too!
 redrob41
07-19-2011, 4:06 AM
Oh my goodness. Logan, that's genius - especially the new Bastila look.

VarsityPuppet altered the head and body models (excellent work I must say :golfclap:), and I provided higher res face and hair textures, as well as these robe textures.

I don't know, but for some reason to me Bastila seems to look younger now. But everything else looks great!

With Bastila's new look I think I can more easily swallow the fact she has a new voice.

The response here has been more positive than negative, but on the RoR Facebook page, people don't seem to like Bastila's new hair-do. To clear things up a bit, I'm providing a few more screenies, for comparisson sake:

http://img40.imageshack.us/img40/683/bastilahair1.jpg) http://img844.imageshack.us/img844/8559/bastilahair3.jpg) http://img269.imageshack.us/img269/3310/bastilahair2.jpg)
The shape of the face is basically unchanged, but I've altered the uvw map a bit to fix the inside of the bottom lip, and the eyebrows are not as sad and wistful anymore. I've added more detail to the lips, and a tiny touch of care worn wrinkles around the eyes and corners of the mouth. She's only about thirty years old, so she shouldn't have too many wrinkles yet (unless she has too much stress from being on the council :lol:).

I figure that she was able to keep her leather in good working condition, she ordered new boots in the same style (Sears Wishbook maybe :roleyess:), but she wouldn't still be wearing the same pants and shirt after all these years :xp:.

Since I think that this new look is fantastic for a grown up (but not grown old) Bastila, I don't want to change anything. The only thing I'd consider, is easing up on the seriousness of her eyebrows (but they look much better in conversations than in static screenies).
 Capibara
07-19-2011, 5:04 AM
(...) depending on your LS/DS choices for K1/TSL(...)

Ah, so you're doing the Atton questions 'trick' to let the player introduce some background preferences, eh? good stuff.

Oh we got those too!

:thmbup1:

The response here has been more positive than negative, but on the RoR Facebook page, people don't seem to like Bastila's new hair-do.

Hair looks fine, no more kiddie pigtails, if anything the ponytail hair could be longer.

I figure that she was able to keep her leather in good working condition, she ordered new boots in the same style (Sears Wishbook maybe), but she wouldn't still be wearing the same pants and shirt after all these years.

The combination looks kinda weird though (k1 and k2 big cape robe)... the character is recognizable, and will have a big sign with her name above the head, so why keep her in the k1 clothing? give her a full k2 robe instead (imo).

Since I think that this new look is fantastic for a grown up (but not grown old) Bastila, I don't want to change anything. The only thing I'd consider, is easing up on the seriousness of her eyebrows (but they look much better in conversations than in static screenies).

The eyebrows are perfect as they are!. Only thing would be the mouth; seems to give a bit too much of a 'pissed off' expression.

Overall looks very nice.:)
 Dak Drexl
07-19-2011, 11:16 AM
I like Bastila's new hairstyle very much. Over the years it's pretty unlikely that she's going to have the same hairstyle as in k1... plus this current hairdo reflects her age perfectly IMO. If you lean toward "Mature Bastila" I think she's going to look like a mom or something, not a respected Jedi.
 .:Lord Revan:.
07-19-2011, 12:00 PM
[QUOTE=logan23;2784530]Hey everyone

Time for another update:

The Demo is close to release, we are just doing a few final tweaks and the opening movie is close to the final version for the Demo.

:fist: Yeah!!

Also I like Bastila's new look very "mature" :lol:
 jacolino1996
07-19-2011, 12:24 PM
Hi I'm new here but I was watching RoR since few months on Moddb and at first a didn't like Bastila's new look because she was ugly but now I must admit that its good choice to change her and now she looks mature. Sorry for my English
 Jaymen
07-19-2011, 5:57 PM
I love Bastila's new look. The robes are also great, I like the old and new meshed together nicely. As you've noted thou the eyebrows may need to be slightly altered. Currently I think their shape give her an annoyed or menacing look.
 Elite Duck
07-19-2011, 6:39 PM

Yeah, I was going to say that the eyebrows looked too serious and almost aggresive. They might need to be tilted up juuust a little bit.
Also, is this set before or after Bastila has her child?
 Snard
07-19-2011, 7:00 PM
Yeah, I was going to say that the eyebrows looked too serious and almost aggresive. They might need to be tilted up juuust a little bit.
Also, is this set before or after Bastila has her child?

This is set before she has her child, IIRC.
 Elite Duck
07-19-2011, 7:07 PM
This is set before she has her child, IIRC.

Well, she'd better get a move on then, she's gonna have wrinkles soon!
 Slstoev
07-20-2011, 1:03 AM
Speaking of which when will Bastila get pregnant after or during RoR?
 SITH LORD 872
07-20-2011, 1:51 AM
This is going to be a lot of fun, can't wait till it's done!
 d3sd0
07-21-2011, 5:21 PM
If I may add my ever so humble opinion, I like the new Bastilla, its just I think her face makes her look grumpy or angry etc. I like the blending of new and old in her outfit (perhaps you could add some battle scars? I haven't looked at it in depth though so they may already be there. Or maybe you can have her wear different outfits at different points?). I also like the new hair as it shows she's grown since K1, which is good, especially since shes now an important council member. Thank you for all your time and listening to my ramblings.
P.s. I am very excited for the demo :)
 redrob41
07-25-2011, 4:18 AM
It's good to see new members to Lucas Forums, and humbling to know that it is interest in our mod that inspired them to join. Welcome :waive1:

Thanks to everyone for their input about Bastila. I haven't been able to make any changes yet, but I will consult with VarsityPuppet soon.

In the meantime, I haven't been idle. I actually got a chance to work on some characters this weekend. A while ago (years? sigh), I saw some of the supposed concept art for Kotor III. I have always hoped to work some of these concepts into RoR, since this mod is an unofficial K3. In the art was a rugged, tired looking man wearing a greenish and orange uniform. Recently, Logan asked me for a Czerka contact, one that will have missions for your party member who was a Czerka emplyee. So, I set about adjusting a head texture, and tweeking the standard Czerka officer uniform. I don't know what the name of this concept character was going to be (the image was saved with the name Star-Wars_vargas_08.jpg), but I'm guessing "Vargas" until someone can prove me wrong (see this thread (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=207981)). It's a good starting point for a name, at any rate.

Logan also asked me for some characters to wear Dark Jedi robes like Cain Thrall. I decided to modify some Trandoshans (rather than more humans), and here they are.

http://img706.imageshack.us/img706/7164/starwarsconceptorvargas.jpg) http://img28.imageshack.us/img28/8611/vargastrandos.jpg)
 jacolino1996
07-25-2011, 5:40 AM
Incredible.
 Warlord664
07-25-2011, 10:37 AM
That looks very good.
 Rinku
07-25-2011, 11:54 AM
The characters look great redrob! I, seriously, can't wait to play the demo :D
 Sith Holocron
07-25-2011, 12:14 PM
Redrob, are you aware that the concept art (and therefore your Vargas remake for Czerka) is wearing Nazi paraphenalia? The collar device that looks like a Roman numeral 2 is called a Litzen collar device (http://www.sixtharmygroup.com/portal/viewtopic.php?t=10567). Just wanted to give you a heads up before some accused you of being a sympathizer! LOL
 redrob41
07-25-2011, 3:22 PM
Redrob, are you aware that the concept art (and therefore your Vargas remake for Czerka) is wearing Nazi paraphenalia? The collar device that looks like a Roman numeral 2 is called a Litzen collar device (http://www.sixtharmygroup.com/portal/viewtopic.php?t=10567). Just wanted to give you a heads up before some accused you of being a sympathizer! LOL

No, I didn't know that, although I've seen similar collar treatments (http://a.abcnews.com/images/Blotter/gty_prince_william_harry_military_uniform_jp_11042) 8_mn.jpg)on some other military uniforms. I don't know how much of a difference it makes to keep the collar as-is (how many players would make the connection?). It's not like I'm putting a big swastika on him.

Hmm, how to keep the art similar to the concept, but not similar to the Litzen? Dang Nazis, still ruining everything :fist:
 Elite Duck
07-25-2011, 3:28 PM
You should release this on the anniversary of KotOR 2's release, as this December is the 7th anniversary of KotOR 2 meaning that the next few years is the same space of time between when the game is set and when it's released
 CptPriceless
07-25-2011, 3:31 PM
Wow, it looks fantastic redrob :D
 Ghost Down
07-26-2011, 4:34 AM
Space Nazis FTW!
 redrob41
07-27-2011, 3:07 AM
Space Nazis FTW!

Nazis will always fall short of the win, even in space :lol:

As some fans of RoR may remember, there is a Wookiee on the Jedi council. Yeah, I know Wookiee Jedi goes agains George Lucas canon, but until he phones me up and asks to make RoR a true part of canon, we're gonna mod it our way for fun :D. On that note, I've finally gotten around to skinning some robes on a Wookiee model. The problem is coming up with a color combo. Here are some of the options I've come to:

http://img69.imageshack.us/img69/1668/wipwookieejedi.jpg)

Let me know what your first impressions are (and why), then I'll let you know which one I'm leaning towards. Maybe you can sway my mind :xp:
 CptPriceless
07-27-2011, 3:16 AM
I think this is the closest I will ever get to seeing a wookie wearing actual clothes :)
 jacolino1996
07-27-2011, 4:38 AM
Second is the best I think
 Elite Duck
07-27-2011, 10:51 AM
The first ones fur looks a bit too dark side-y. I had difficult seeing at first the difference between the 2nd and 3rd but the 3rd is best and the 4th looks like a nightgown (It looks like satin or silk, sexy!)
 Fallen Guardian
07-27-2011, 2:16 PM
I think the third one is the best.
 Sith Holocron
07-27-2011, 3:07 PM
I vote for the third one as well. (My second choice is number 2.)
 Warlord664
07-27-2011, 3:54 PM
I agree. I think the third one looks the best.
 deathdisco
07-27-2011, 7:11 PM
Not much of a difference between the first three imho. I'd go with 4, just so it's not brown on brown on brown. I think the green gives it a nice balance.
 Dark_Ansem
07-28-2011, 2:41 AM
that head is super detailed... most impressive.
 Bob Ta'aar
07-28-2011, 10:56 AM
Nazis will always fall short of the win, even in space :lol:
:thmbup1:

As some fans of RoR may remember, there is a Wookiee on the Jedi council. Yeah, I know Wookiee Jedi goes agains George Lucas canon, but until he phones me up and asks to make RoR a true part of canon, we're gonna mod it our way for fun :D. On that note, I've finally gotten around to skinning some robes on a Wookiee model. The problem is coming up with a color combo. Here are some of the options I've come to:

http://img69.imageshack.us/img69/1668/wipwookieejedi.jpg)

Let me know what your first impressions are (and why), then I'll let you know which one I'm leaning towards. Maybe you can sway my mind :xp:
Wow, impressive! I'm totally gonna support you, if Georgie will call you :D!

I really like the last one, the green one. Green always fits a close-to-nature mood which fits Wookies in the first place ;).
 Rinku
07-28-2011, 1:15 PM
I like the third and the fourth models.

Though, I think the fourth model could use a bit of tweaking (to make it more awesome). For example make the green less satin-esque and more of a green brown. I took the image and adjusted the robe a bit in photoshop to better demonstrate what I am thinking (mind you this was done in like 3-5 minutes)
http://img11.imageshack.us/img11/1552/wipwookieejedi2.jpg)
Now this robe color scheme may look better with one of the other wookiee models...I don't know just my opinion :)
 redrob41
07-28-2011, 3:51 PM
The first ones fur looks a bit too dark side-y. I had difficult seeing at first the difference between the 2nd and 3rd but the 3rd is best and the 4th looks like a nightgown (It looks like satin or silk, sexy!)
I agree. The dark fur looked too much like Hanharr.

Not much of a difference between the first three imho. I'd go with 4, just so it's not brown on brown on brown. I think the green gives it a nice balance.

I really like the last one, the green one. Green always fits a close-to-nature mood which fits Wookies in the first place ;).
Yeah, I was trying to avoid the over use of brown, and I thought the green would be nice like tree leaves. Unfortunately, the bright green just isn't working; it stands out too much and grabs too much attention in the council chambers. And, yeah, it does look more like a bath robe than a Jedi robe.

I like the third and the fourth models.

Though, I think the fourth model could use a bit of tweaking (to make it more awesome). For example make the green less satin-esque and more of a green brown.
You're right, that green you made less saturated does make a big difference. The third robe I did was the brown one with a touch of the green in it. Same idea, but more brown whereas yours is more green.

I think the third one is the best.

I vote for the third one as well. (My second choice is number 2.)

I agree. I think the third one looks the best.

Thanks everyone, there was some good input here (especially the reasons for why you liked something :)). I think I'm gonna go with the third one (it was already my favorite, but now I'm convinced). The whitish fur gives him a look of aged wisdom, and the brown (with a touch of green) robe looks like a natural Jedi robe. The small size of it makes him look like he'd rather not wear clothes at all (like most Wookiees), but he grudgingly wears something like the traditional Jedi attire (Belaya would be proud :lol:).
 newbiemodder
07-28-2011, 4:39 PM
What about maybe a sleeveless robe?
 Sith Holocron
07-28-2011, 5:01 PM
I think I liked the third one most because those robes look like the most like really worn leather. The older skin for the Wookiee himself sealed the deal.
 Rinku
07-28-2011, 9:20 PM
I think I liked the third one most because those robes look like the most like really worn leather. The older skin for the Wookiee himself sealed the deal.

This. The third was (imo) the best robe I could see a Wookiee Jedi wearing. Too bad lucas said there could be no more Wookiee jedi....stupid G-canon.
 Zhaboka
07-29-2011, 11:48 PM
I like number 2.
 Qui-Don Jorn
07-31-2011, 9:02 PM
I have two more sets..one left as far as I know. Then I'm going to start working on double-bladed, and try to finish up the .2da

Juyo and Makashi (subject to change)

http://www.lucasforums.com/picture.php?albumid=677&pictureid=8389)

http://www.lucasforums.com/picture.php?albumid=677&pictureid=8387)
 Snard
08-01-2011, 5:51 AM
KDJ that is amazing. cant wait to see the others.
 redrob41
08-01-2011, 1:23 PM
For those who want to see the hilt images, you'll have to be logged in.

Well KDJ, you really like to use emitter guards :D. They look good, especially the grip on the second one.
 Snard
08-01-2011, 1:27 PM
Well KDJ, you really like to use emitter guards :D. They look good, especially the grip on the second one.

I agree. The second one's grip is a bit more smooth than the other, which kind of stands out literally. Still very good
 TimBob12
08-01-2011, 1:54 PM
Love em :D
 Phildevil
08-03-2011, 12:39 AM
I agree. The second one's grip is a bit more smooth than the other, which kind of stands out literally. Still very good

I don't think you'll really notice-it ingame...
 Snard
08-03-2011, 5:50 PM
I don't think you'll really notice-it ingame...

I mean how the bottom part of the hilt on the first on literally stands out.
 redrob41
08-04-2011, 3:45 AM
Hey everyone, I just thought I'd post a list of all the playable characters, but this time, I'll do it with pictures. Keep in mind, these are just temporary portraits for the demo. Once I've done the DS transitions, I'll do real portraits for them all. Besides, there could still be more changes to the lineup ;)

Playable Males:
http://img30.imageshack.us/img30/9971/rorportraitsmale.jpg)
Playable Females:
http://img11.imageshack.us/img11/3994/rorportraitsfemale.jpg)

The male Twi'lek portrait images are a bit old, since they still show the bulbous neck sac. I've just had a MAJOR break (thanks to my new hero, VarsityPuppet's tutorial) and I've been able to add mask and goggle hooks, as well as make that neck thinner.
http://img535.imageshack.us/img535/3836/twilekmalenewhead1.jpg)
http://img64.imageshack.us/img64/4168/twilekmalenewhead2.jpg)
Now, I'd tried to get the neck done before, but the male Twi'lek just doesn't like Taina's replacer tool. Instead, it took VP's discovery of exactly which numbers to hex edit in the .mdl files. Thanks :D

Now if only someone was able to fix the animation problem that causes the Twi'leks and all the females to stick out their bottom lip in that funny way :lol: I'm guessing its a problem with a supermodel :giveup:
Page: 28 of 37