Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

[tsl] KOTOR: Revenge of Revan

Page: 15 of 37
 Vordyn_Kael
02-18-2010, 4:22 PM
Another request, please ensure that all of your NPC' party members acknowledge each other in the dialogue all the way through your mod. How often do others either refer to or talk directly to Bao-Dur in K2, really? There's probably other examples but I can't think of any at the moment. When party NPC's talk to other people in the scene as well as your PC, it makes a scene come alive! Your character is now really part of scene and not merely in a series of one-on-one conversations.

For this suggestion, I *think* I agree wholeheartedly, but I want to make sure I am fully and clearly grasping the point you are getting at, so I will give an example of what I picture in my head regarding this.

For example, when you have say, Bao-Dur and Quan Drayan in your party... and you are walking thru a city such as Correllia at a certain point in the game. There could be a trigger on the ground that checks for who your party members are, and when you cross the trigger it initiates Bao-Dur striking up a convo with Drayan by asking about current events with the struggles of the Jedi Order, to which Drayan responds with some information and commentary about his role and the PC's role in rebuilding the Order's reputation, etc?

It need not always be critical plot revealing story dialogue, but more something for flavor, a spontaneous interaction between NPCs that makes the player feel as if they are really walking around with two other *people* not robots.

Does that capture your idea, or can you clarify for us?
 Te Darasuum Mandalor
02-18-2010, 6:18 PM
Can u maybe reveal more of this and put some vids on youtube? Maybe a better trailer or something, or maybe even some more gameplay. I am really looking forward to this mod!
 Dak Drexl
02-18-2010, 11:01 PM
Ok, I think something that was lacking in TSL was the party member sidequests. Yeah, it was cool that you could make them jedi, but I learned pretty much nothing about them in the process (or at least something interesting), other than Atton. What I liked about the party member sidequests in K1 was that I could learn a ton about the character's past. For example, Bastila had to leave behind her entire family and she hadn't seen them since, and I get to reunite her with her mother, or something similar with Mission and Griff. Something else I liked about those quests was that I actually had to GO somewhere and find something, rather than simply saying "Ok, now you're a Jedi!" to Bao-Dur, who I know fought with me in a war... in other words, I didn't know much about him. The only problem I had with the K1 quests was that Bioware implemented them rather half-assed in my opinion; you run into someone who says "I've just seen your son on Korriban, old buddy!"

Heh, look at that, my first rant! :D
Anyway, to make a long story short, I'd like to see interesting party member sidequests where I can delve into the character's pasts. I thought that aspect of TSL was rather, well, for lack of a better term, meh.
 Quanon
02-19-2010, 9:20 AM
but since adding in animation has been shown to be possible - i.e. savvy30039's lean animation for the TSLRP. If she could post a tutorial here, perhaps a team could work on a new supermodel that has more animations. [/URL]

Didn't they replace an animation? Instead of adding a new one?
Still SithSpecter and Kzirby showed there's a lot more possible with the animation then I ever thought.

Ofcourse you would need to find somebody crazy enough to spend a ton of time on these extra animations.

About the facial animation being the same: there ain't that many bones in the faces. They can't do much. Also this is an older game, the models themselfs have their limits in how far you can push them in movement.

You all know I did smexy renders of those Twi leks, I tried certain poses, but some of them just turned out ugly, because the model starts to stretch and clips with it self.

Anyway, carry on. I don't want to kill this thread off, with NOT POSSIBLE, statements and all. New animations as in fighting, or doing any other action, yeah, there's a good change to add that in.

Improving or adding better facial animations... hmm, not so much :)
 logan23
02-21-2010, 9:05 PM
Hey everyone!

I'm back with the Word document layout.

I will give the 2 links where you can down load the 2 files.

One is a older Microsoft Word document that has a layout for that version and a PDF version of the Microsoft Word Version 7.

This will show you how to layout multi-layered dialogue. This will help with organizing and allow you to go back and edit the test with out losing track where it fits in the whole of the conversation.

The chart is on the top followed by the text/dialogue.
Either on the top or bottom you can place the list of conditionals as well as scripts which would be commonly used like checking if a party member is there to comment on the situation or maybe have the give light side points script handy to place next to the text. I always now use either bold or italic to show if gain credits or need a conditional in order to fire.

Feel free to ask me any questions.

This is a template I use and have seen customize for my RoR mod.

Also take not you don't need to do this for every NPC but this is helpful with quest NPCs, cutscenes, and party member dialogue trees.

Enjoy:thmbup1:

If you want I can give a more detailed text on this tool for the tutorial section if anyone feels it should be there for future modders to use.

Here are some pics of the Older Word version:

Older Word Version in a Doc
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=59DNHDIP)

http://img710.imageshack.us/img710/1972/dlgtemp20.jpg)

http://img710.imageshack.us/img710/8851/dlgtemp21.jpg)

New Word 7.0 version. This is in a pdf format
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=7GBJCVEO)

Here are some pics of the 7.0 Word version

http://img710.imageshack.us/img710/1078/dlgtemp10.jpg)

http://img710.imageshack.us/img710/7195/dlgtemp11.jpg)

MORE TO COME.......

Logan
 JuniorModder
02-21-2010, 9:28 PM
Wow very helpful. Thanks!

JM
 bobbyboo44
02-21-2010, 9:35 PM
wow, i have to say this just looks absolutly amazing
 Te Darasuum Mandalor
02-22-2010, 8:36 AM
Logan is my inspiration for making my TC. I think it goes the same for JM as well.
 Weavel
02-22-2010, 1:06 PM
In the intro crawl seen on the website, Bastilla Shan is mentioned as leading the Jedi Council.

I just read one of your posts on this page about immersion and wanting RoR to feel like it's part of the same universe as KotOR and TSL. Soooo, what's the deal here? Do we not get to decide if KotOR ended darksided?
 logan23
02-22-2010, 9:24 PM
In the intro crawl seen on the website, Bastilla Shan is mentioned as leading the Jedi Council.

I just read one of your posts on this page about immersion and wanting RoR to feel like it's part of the same universe as KotOR and TSL. Soooo, what's the deal here? Do we not get to decide if KotOR ended darksided?

Yes, Bastilla shows up on the council in both endings. Now I can understand your confusion. I will explain.......

Kotor DS ending:
After Bastilla left Korriban to find Revan she ended up coming across one of her old Teachers/masters who were hiding from the Sith assassins.( Now if you remember the recording of Bastilla she seemed to be only loyal to Revan and not to who ever wins the power struggle on Korriban. He love and bond to Revan is stronger then her devotion of the Dark side. )

When she comes across her old teacher/master/father figure/ she was in the middle of being attacked by some of the Sith assassins. Her former teacher saved her life even though he could sense the dark side in her but it has grown weak and replaced with her feeling for her lost love. The old teacher tells her about the Purge and how some of the masters went to Katarr only to be destroyed. This will lead to a few adventures where Bastilla ends up reconnecting with the light side of the Force. She finds her way back to the light. Her teacher teaches her about the Force and helps complete her training as well as open her eyes to the galaxy as a person/traveler and not as a High Mighty Jedi who is the example of all morality. She learns its human to have conflict with the Force and it teaches her, reminds her that we are not perfect and we have flaws.

After the battle over Telos IV where the Exile defeated Darth Nihilus, Bastilla and her former teacher sensed it through the Force. This is also what lead to the return of the lost Jedi who either went into exile on their own merits or where hiding from the Sith. there were not many left but some Jedi who hid did end up finding force sensitive who they started to train just like Drayen did with the PC. Bastilla returns to the Jedi Order as a new person but she still wonders about her love, Revan. She hopes but also fears what happens if Revan returns..will she stay loyal to the Jedi or to her bond with Revan. Bastilla's former teacher dies shortly after they return to Coruscant. This is how Bastilla was able to be on the Jedi council. A former teacher helped her balance her self and complete her training. In kotor 1 she was not ready for the burden that was thrust upon her and the Masters should of known this and been more cautious.

I hope this clears some stuff up.

You do get to choose Revan's gender and alignment in Revenge of Revan:)

Logan
 harIII
02-22-2010, 9:37 PM
Nice job on the dialog helper, it will come in handy when I finalize my dialog files.
 logan23
02-26-2010, 10:31 PM
Hey everyone

I'm working on the final touches of the New 2.0 Lightsaber Creation system/workbench and should be testing it tomorrow. I will post a video soon showing the player making and picking a progression tree for their saber.

I need your help with creating names for the lightsaber hilts.

See in the game you will have the option from a list of saber hilt names. These names will not affect your saber in its attributes but its a way to personalize and keep track of the hilt as you continue to modify and progress.

I would like you to post some cool names for these hilts.

I'm looking for general and ones that might have a dark side origin user or a light side origin user

Post as many names as you like.:)

You just might see your created hilt's name in the Mod: Revenge of Revan.

MORE TO COME........

Logan
 Darth Payne
02-26-2010, 10:39 PM
Well, off the top of my head i can think of these names.

Aggressor, Anihil, Apocalypse, Blight, Bludgeon, Carnage, Corruptor, Daemon, Decimate, Payne, Slaughter, Viscerate.

Personally i'd get a kick out of seeing a Payne saber in the mod.

You can probably find some cool saber names at the Randomsabers site.
 Vordyn_Kael
02-27-2010, 4:22 AM
Luminous
Serene
Defender
Adjudicator
Solar
Visionary
Oracle
 Te Darasuum Mandalor
02-27-2010, 7:25 AM
vindiction

blazer

Destroyer

Lunar

Ares

sarenity

Alliance

Edit: more are

Nihl (black in Latin)

Dominus (Lord in Latin)

Sanctus (Divine)

Exclesis (Highest)
 Darth Crados
02-27-2010, 7:41 AM
Well, I've been checking this thread for a while, and it's a huge project, one of the best I've ever seen. Luckily, it seems we will have a KOTOR 3, made by you Logan (and I'm willing to bet that it will look better than the High-censored Kotor 2 version:)), so for that you have my thanks ;).
As for the hilts names I've got something in stock, such as:
Malevolence
Tyranny
Nex (it means death/slaughter in latin, so it would be nice for a sith lightsaber)
Fury
Ravager (why does it sound familiar to me?:raise:)
That's all I can think for now :p
 Dak Drexl
02-27-2010, 9:06 AM
Liberator. That's all I got.
 Gatherum
02-27-2010, 9:49 AM
Executioner
Demagog
Placater
Catalyst of Salvation
Catalyst of Damnation
Heretic
Devotee
Soul Eater
Caucus of Mind
Caucus of Body
Caucus of Spirit
Traitor
Defender

Many of these would, of course, be related to, or foil each other. ;D

Also, if you are making a male character with a calm voice (likely either sinister or mysterious), or one with a particularly low voice (somewhat like Goto's, though less mechanical and even lower), I'd be happy to do some VO tryouts. Just note that my microphone isn't the best. If that's not a problem, PM me.

Other than that, good luck, all of you. ^^
 DarkRictor
03-01-2010, 2:19 AM
Wow, you guys are awesome.
It has come to my attention that you guys are rocking the KOTOR world over here.

One question though- It's called Revenge of Revan, which I like, and the logo is really good too. But Revan is not part of the team or a playable character in this game. Just how much of Revan will actually be in this game??? Spoiler free of course.

From your previous posts, which I have completely read through now, Revan is not overly discussed. The Old Republic is kind of ruining the Kotor Legecy, but you seem determined to keep it alive a little bit longer.
And we are discussing your MOD over in our forums at
http://z11.invisionfree.com/KOTOR_Movies/index.php?act=idx)

Another question-
Revan and the Exile can be selected as male or female, but will you have to chose which face they had or will two default one be selected for each???
 logan23
03-02-2010, 12:06 AM
Hey everyone!

I want to first thank everyone for all the cool Lightsaber hilt names:thmbup1:

I hope to have some of them in the video showing the creation system at work. The video will be done between now and the weekend and so should the modcast.

Wow, you guys are awesome.
It has come to my attention that you guys are rocking the KOTOR world over here.

One question though- It's called Revenge of Revan, which I like, and the logo is really good too. But Revan is not part of the team or a playable character in this game. Just how much of Revan will actually be in this game??? Spoiler free of course.

From your previous posts, which I have completely read through now, Revan is not overly discussed. The Old Republic is kind of ruining the Kotor Legecy, but you seem determined to keep it alive a little bit longer.
And we are discussing your MOD over in our forums at
http://z11.invisionfree.com/KOTOR_Mo...ex.php?act=idx)

Another question-
Revan and the Exile can be selected as male or female, but will you have to chose which face they had or will two default one be selected for each???

I am a big fan of the Kotor movies! I seen both of them, great job:thmbup1:

I want to say thanks for all the support.

Onto your questions....

But Revan is not part of the team or a playable character in this game. Just how much of Revan will actually be in this game??? Spoiler free of course.

You are correct Revan is not a party member. Revan does play a large part in the story and yes you will be able to converse with him/her(depends on your gender choice). This will not be a small cameo part like they did with kotor2.

All I can say is that your questions on where did Revan go what he has been doing and so on will be answered in RoR. I can't say much more:)

Another question-

Revan will be in his Armour so faces for Revan is no problem.

For the Exile I'm working on a few ideas which I can't get into till i test them and see if they work. My goal would be to have the Player choose the face of the Exile. I wish i can tell you how I plan to do it but I like to wait till i have test it out before announcing it. I still have a few tricks up my sleeve. :)

MORE TO COME...

Logan
 ForeverNight
03-04-2010, 1:29 PM
Dayum, I love it when I go on vacations have real life catch up with me, all these updates just pop out of nowhere and I get to salivate over the progress! Anyway, Logan, it's sounding damn nice and I know that that launcher has me hooked! Looks like I'm going to need to fiddle around with my install and make another TSL one just for this :D

nicely done team, nicely done.
 logan23
03-10-2010, 4:41 PM
Hey everyone,

I'm back with a small update.

Today i will discuss a feature called Holonet News.

You can see it in action by viewing the video update.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=H5IMI0R4)

You Tube:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nJvJA_mRp0Q)

Information on the Holonet News:

Access through a terminal

You can find them on all planets (except Malachor V)

Information on galaxy events as well as news on planetary events

Planetary events can only be heard on that planet.

You could learn about indirect side effects from the way you solved certain side quests.

You will even have one on your ship which will include an illegal channel used by smugglers.

This will help bring to life the world of RoR.

MORE TO COME.....

Logan
 Dak Drexl
03-10-2010, 4:58 PM
That looks like a really cool feature. Corellia looks great also.
Is the GUI going to be red like that on release?
 Lord of Hunger
03-10-2010, 5:05 PM
@ Dak Drexl:
The GUI is gold, not red. ;)

Fantastic work Logan! This is a feature I've been looking forward to for quite awhile now, so I'm glad to see it ingame and functional so far.
 Te Darasuum Mandalor
03-10-2010, 8:47 PM
that is a cool feature, Logan!
 Nick Vader
03-11-2010, 11:13 AM
I just can't wait for this mod to be released. I'm sure it's gonna be great.

Thnx for keeping us informed on the process logan. Great work...:)
 redrob41
03-11-2010, 12:46 PM
Today i will discuss a feature called Holonet News.

You can see it in action by viewing the video update.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=H5IMI0R4)

You Tube:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nJvJA_mRp0Q)
Great idea. I think I'll make a new outfit for the newscaster though (looked like she was wearing Czerka, edit: sorry, she's wearing a Peragus miner's armour).

I wonder, could we make a small news set module for her, and use a camera point of view? It would look like when you have to view another room using a video surveillance camera. Or does that only work with looking at another room in the same module, rather than a separate one?

Is the GUI going to be red like that on release?

@ Dak Drexl:
The GUI is gold, not red. ;)

It looks a little too orange IMHO, and maybe it is too similar to the red target reticule that comes up to highlight enemies. Perhaps if it was a little more yellow than it is now, it might work a bit better?

Myself, I think that a cool colour (blues, greens, some purples) would work well, rather than a warm colour (reds, yellows, oranges).
 Canderis
03-11-2010, 4:59 PM
Well I know if you made a news room model you could add it to an existing module using the lyt file (tested and works)
 Darth InSidious
03-11-2010, 5:05 PM
^From what I recall, mixing and matching area models in the .lyt screws up joins between all the room models in that module.
 DarkRictor
03-11-2010, 5:10 PM
Looks great, but I noticed that all the planets played the same messages.

Just a thought, could the illegal channel for the smugglers have someone else give the news??? Fallout 3 had the regular news radio and then they had Three Dog. It could be someone who is biased or who creates conspiracy theories.
 Canderis
03-11-2010, 5:22 PM
^From what I recall, mixing and matching area models in the .lyt screws up joins between all the room models in that module.

A friend tested it not that long ago and it worked fine.
 logan23
03-11-2010, 10:19 PM
Hey everyone!

I'm glad everyone liked the video update.

Great idea. I think I'll make a new outfit for the newscaster though (looked like she was wearing Czerka, edit: sorry, she's wearing a Peragus miner's armour).

You are correct the NPC is wearing the miner's outfit. That would be great to have a clothing skin for the news caster.

Looks great, but I noticed that all the planets played the same messages.

All the content for the news is not finished. here should be 2 news articles per planet which are planetary related, meaning you can only hear about them on that planet. The idea is as you progress through the game there will be new news articles to simulate the dynamic events that are constantly unfolding in the daily life of that planet.

Just a thought, could the illegal channel for the smugglers have someone else give the news??? Fallout 3 had the regular news radio and then they had Three Dog. It could be someone who is biased or who creates conspiracy theories.

There will be a few different news casters throughout the game but they will all be aliens so that the VOs will be easier to control and allowing a large amount of content verse if done with human voices. On your ship with the smuggling channel there will also be the ability to get messages that will either be in holograms or in computer text. This will serve as a hub to take on side quests which allows the player to a proactive role in activating certain side quests. This will also remove some of the constant running to one planet to the next just to have a small conversation with the NPC. This will allow you to keep in contact with multiple NPCs that could be reaching out to you from a planet which might not be playable, this again increases the feeling that the galaxy is larger then just the number of planets you visit during the game. Back to your question there will be some interesting characters but the number all depends on how much content I can get into the game which comes down to myself and my team build these large amount of content.

I wonder, could we make a small news set module for her, and use a camera point of view? It would look like when you have to view another room using a video surveillance camera. Or does that only work with looking at another room in the same module, rather than a separate one?

Well I know if you made a news room model you could add it to an existing module using the lyt file (tested and works)

This is a cool idea but I'm afraid of any bugs it might produce. In the future this might change for certain scenes maybe. If this is done I will probably film the news recording in the news caster module and then create a bink movie to play when you clicked that news articles. I can see this being used if there is a recording from security cameras which are being used to show some information or location on a planet where you might want to break into which would part of a side quest NPC quest briefing.

If all goes well I might have some more goodies this weekend for you all:thmbup1:

MORE TO COME.........

Logan
 Salzella
03-12-2010, 11:08 AM
I actually prefer the idea of having a seperate, AI-style 'databank' approach (helped by the attractive Twi'Lek of course... :xp: ). it seems more 'futurish', like something SW galaxy citizens would actually use. I also think it's a really fantastic idea overall, a simple but really effective way of getting a wider context on the story. one thing i've always felt the SW Universe lacked was stories from a citizens point of view - snapshots of galactic life as opposed to bein thrown into the middle of it all the time. granted this still happens here, but its nice to get that insight nonetheless.

oh my god i've never posted in this thread before o.O keep up the fantastic work dudes :thumbsup:
 Dak Drexl
03-14-2010, 11:34 PM
Just a thought, could the illegal channel for the smugglers have someone else give the news???

A Trandoshan broadcaster would fit well, though I'm sure you've already considered it.
 DarkRictor
03-15-2010, 2:32 AM
I can just imagine a Rodian with that oh so wonderful expression, "Smeelia!"
 Darth_Sasuna
03-16-2010, 8:25 PM
hello 0.0 I am new to this site well new to have registered and i hada few questions about this mod. one will it be open only for the pc version or to xbox as well i got a 360 and it runs on the 360 both kotor do. next do you know a time frame when will this be done any idea? you see soon i plan on inlisting to the navy or airfoce I am a senior in highschool and love the kotor series =). in there want to learn to develop code a rare attribute we as Americans have (s a fact we have few of us who can do it most are foreign.) and want to know by like 2 to 3 yrs if this is still going could i get job or just help on free time if i am allowed? this is a great project I beleive and there are other task I want to do but this is one of the first i have discovered and can't wait for it to finish. I have not bought the new star wars mmorpg because I have heard that it is not like hte old one it is online crap I don't wanna play it that way I love it the old way so until further noitce of them changing that I will not buy it probaly to me that is a disapointment. please get back to me and email me at <snipped> and I am sry if ave offened anyone. thank you for your time
 Yul
03-19-2010, 3:00 AM
It could be someone who is biased or who creates conspiracy theories.

I love this idea. "Conspiracy theories" are fascinating in and of themselves, so to see a broadcaster like that in game would be amazing..especially one who, if you do whatever quest is offered by them, happened to be right, or opened up a deeper can of worms.
 Nick Vader
03-20-2010, 11:55 AM
It would be fantastic to actually see the news change with the PCs own actions !
 Angry Moogle
03-21-2010, 3:06 AM
Hey all,

I've been playing the KotoR games for a few years now, and I stumbled upon all of this while downloading TRC mod.
I'm an English Lit guy, and if you need any help, I would be happy to proof-read/edit dialogue for spelling or grammatical errors.

I realize you may not be interested with some new guy just popping his head in like this, but if you have the need, I have the eyes.

At any rate, keep up the work! I look forward to playing your mod!
 Darth_Sasuna
03-25-2010, 1:27 PM
hello again i am also intrested in helping but i want to know what i can do im trying to get into programming im learning Object Oriented stuff now. What systems will this mod only the pc version or xbox as well? dont get me wrong i am no expert in this and i am new to all of this but i want to know if ishould go right into microsoft visual c + + or finish the stuff im non now and then go to it? any answers will be greatly welcomed

ty
 logan23
03-25-2010, 8:36 PM
Hey everyone!

There are some cool ideas mentioned concerning the Holonet news.

I've been playing the KotoR games for a few years now, and I stumbled upon all of this while downloading TRC mod.
I'm an English Lit guy, and if you need any help, I would be happy to proof-read/edit dialogue for spelling or grammatical errors.

I realize you may not be interested with some new guy just popping his head in like this, but if you have the need, I have the eyes.

At any rate, keep up the work! I look forward to playing your mod!

@Angry Moogle
Thanks for the offer, but right now we are looking for writers which will be proof reading the dialogue.

If your interested in writing and creating dialogue, let me know. We are still adding writers to the team.

hello again i am also intrested in helping but i want to know what i can do im trying to get into programming im learning Object Oriented stuff now. What systems will this mod only the pc version or xbox as well? dont get me wrong i am no expert in this and i am new to all of this but i want to know if ishould go right into microsoft visual c + + or finish the stuff im non now and then go to it? any answers will be greatly welcomed

@Darth_Sasuna

The mod will be for the PC.
Have you ever programmed for Kotor1 or kotor2 script?
Would you like to? Let me know if your interested.

The Lightsaber creation system/progression video is coming this weekend or monday. I was thrown off due to being sick and then darn Bioware had to release Dragon age Awakening,lol. I'm done with Awakening so back to the feature:thmbup1:

I will tell you the video will show the PC going in and building a lightsaber and also changing the progression tree. I will narrate the video giving info about the system. There will also be a short Blog on the building of this system and why things where done the way they were plus how it got there from the original version 1.0. The Version in the video is Version 2.5.

I look forward to releasing the video and the information on the feature.

Keep the questions and feedback coming.

MORE TO COME....

Logan
 Construct
03-26-2010, 1:44 PM
Lookin' good, Logan!

Man, this mod is gonna be awesome when it comes out!
 Holty1-5
03-27-2010, 6:30 PM
This is a Quick Update to somthing in RoR which im Working on. Nothing Big

I cant say a lot but lets just say there will be new *Special Stims* That you can Get Created For you. By Giving up a Certain Item and a quest to go with it.

If Logan wants to post more on this he will :D
 Darth_Sasuna
03-29-2010, 7:18 PM
thanks for the offer logan on the programming but i know like little very little i have never done it before but have seen code c++ code mainly wold like to yes lol belive me but i had best keep this to the experts im still gradating this year. right now i am learning about oop and that thing then i wil go int o c++ and stuff in fact i plan to start on that this week through cbt direct but i dont have the requirement to do coding on my pc like RAM space and stuff that is why i am making one btw when will this be out any idea?

sry about my spelling errors now that i rethink it what would i be doing exactly like said i cannot code yet and im in 12th grade with me graduation project going on though it is coming to a close soon. like i said i hope to be getting into c ++ by thursday. I still need to buy kotor 2 for and d1 for pc then idk when i can thogh i got no job so little money and my dad wont do it for me lol. but what could i be doing? and like i sadi befre when is the release of this mod? do you know?

btw howi change my timezone it is 730 when sent last meesage usa easterntime
 Vordyn_Kael
03-30-2010, 10:07 AM
btw howi change my timezone it is 730 when sent last meesage usa easterntime

Up at the top of the page, click the small link that says "User cp".

When that page comes up, look for the link on the left that says "Edit options", and there will be date and time settings there for you to set.

Hope that helps.
 Darth_Sasuna
03-30-2010, 12:41 PM
yea it does ty

i played kotor on my xbox 360 so i have no past playing on my computer s and i heard what i played like gender wise and dark side or lightside wise in the other games effects this game as in revan and exiles gender. and characters u can get can anyone send me these effects of like if im a male what choice i have if u can send all options male light and dark and female light and dark and what options i get and what if i have no past experince of the other kotor games does that inhibit any of my options? because that would be more money i would have to spend in playing the other games if it does, not to mention anytime anyone swtiched computers and loss their data on the game.

i have antoher question also but i cant remmber it more of a statemnt that i thought would be of great importance to overlook ill get back to you on it.
 logan23
04-04-2010, 1:13 AM
Hey everyone!

I know you have been waiting for this update for awhile and now its here.

The Lightsaber creations system/Progressive system

Here is the Modcast link for download and youtube:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=Z5MW5MHY)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PjBTd2ehmt8)

The youtube was just added so the image of the video will get better once its done processing the video

I will not just go into how the system works but I will also touch on how it will be implemented into the mod which will allow the game to be balanced.

During the game there will be points where you will find damaged lightsaber hilts which will come from enemies who use a saber or found hidden within the game. This will allow me to control the number of lightsabers you can build and keep your items list from being clogged.

Once you have a damaged saber hilt you can then go to the workbench and select to create a new lightsaber. You will then create a general blue color lightsaber from the damaged hilt piece.

After you are done with this the workbench screen will ask you to choose a progression style. Each style will also have its own lightsaber hilt name. The player will have a few styles to select from which are based on lightsaber fighting forms like Makashi and Shii-Cho. Once you choose the style you will then choose the color of the crystal you will use to make this Style/Form Crystal. You will only be able to have one blue Makashi style crystal since if you have 2 and you go to change styles it will destroy all with the blue Makashi style tag. You can have a green, yellow and blue Makashi style crystals just not 2 of the same color for that style.

You then can go in and upgrade your basic lightsaber with the new color/style crystal which will then change the hilt and add the bonuses to the saber. Each style will have its own personality and bonuses which reflect that type of fighting style. Many of these saber styles will add bonuses to areas which other upgrades don’t.

As you progress in your PC’s levels you will be able to go back and update the style crystal to the next level. I plan to have the style crystals increase levels every three levels the PC gains.

You will be able to jump from one style to another by simply removing the crystal from the saber and then go into the workbench and select that style crystal which gives you choices in the styles you can change them to. If you do not like the style then simply change it back there are not penalties. This system is meant to be user friendly and bug free.

Going back to the selection of crystals colors;

Revenge of Revan will be doing something different because of the way the lightsaber creation operates. In the game you will start off with the option of blue, yellow and green for the colors of your style crystals. In the game you will find out that a friend of Kaila has just stolen some crystals which they thought were very expensive but instead they ended up stealing a shipment of crystals which are used by the Jedi for their lightsabers. Kaila will strike a deal and the stolen blue, green, and yellow lightsaber crystals will be sent to your ship the Raptor. During you adventure you can pay for this smuggler to hand over other lightsaber crystal colors or you can try to find stashes of these during your adventure which might include buying from merchants. Once you have the new crystal color then you will be able to use that crystal color in creating your new style crystal. When changing styles the crystal will transfer to that same color. Later in the game there will be an option to transfer then to different color crystals.

Balancing the System with existing upgrades for your lightsaber:

To balance the system so you don’t end up with over powered lightsabers I have decided that the two extra crystal upgrades will be items which are hard to find and will sometimes be involved with side quests and other side missions. There might be a few that can be bought but I plan to keep many of them as rare. This means while conducting a side quest you might want to look around since you might only get one shot to get the crystal without paying. More details on these upgrade crystals will come later as we balance the game. As for the Lenses, Cells, and Emitters; they are 90-95 percent crafted items. This will give a player a purpose to do some crafting for their sabers. I will be looking over the present crafting system in the game to see if the itemcreate.2da needs to be tweak for these three lightsaber upgrades.

I have not disclosed the double sided lightsaber but I have an idea how it will work.

There will be not building of short sabers since there are few skins and in most cases players rather use two lightsabers verse a short saber with the other lightsaber.

The number of how many lightsaber styles there will be is still not decided but you will come across more styles by unlocking them from holocrons, party members, or even some NPCs.

I would like to say thanks to DarthParametric and Trigger for allowing me to use their amazing saber hilts for the demo video/modcast and also to allow me to use some of their saber hilt for the Revenge of Revan Mod.

If you have any feedback or questions feel free to ask in this thread.

i played kotor on my xbox 360 so i have no past playing on my computer s and i heard what i played like gender wise and dark side or lightside wise in the other games effects this game as in revan and exiles gender. and characters u can get can anyone send me these effects of like if im a male what choice i have if u can send all options male light and dark and female light and dark and what options i get and what if i have no past experince of the other kotor games does that inhibit any of my options? because that would be more money i would have to spend in playing the other games if it does, not to mention anytime anyone swtiched computers and loss their data on the game.

To answer your question, no you will not need a game file from kotor2. You be able to make choices that match your game play in kotor1 and kotor2 which will then allow you to see the results of some of your choices in Revenge of Revan.

Thanks everyone!

MORE TO COME........

Logan
 JoeWJ
04-04-2010, 8:37 AM
Thanks for the great update.
 DarkRictor
04-04-2010, 12:52 PM
Awesome. Looks great.
 Darth Payne
04-04-2010, 8:17 PM
Wow, looks great.