Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

[tsl] KOTOR: Revenge of Revan

Page: 19 of 37
 Darth Crados
06-08-2010, 3:10 PM
Manipulate/ control (DS)
Empower/ encourage (LS)

Only the last two will give you light side and dark side points.

It's great! I mean, getting the LS/DS points was always much of a weird thing to me. There were very few choice por the PC, either help the guy in need and give him some cash, or whatever and get the LS points, or kill the guy for the DS points. Your perspective on the matter sounds way better. Especially when you consider Kreia's words:
" It is far a greater victory to make an enemy see through your eyes, than to close theirs forever"
I believe that it's a more "fair" distribution of the LS/DS points, and it fits better with the information provided by other examples of light and darksiders.
Keep up the good work logan ;)
 Nick Vader
06-08-2010, 3:17 PM
There should also be a normal option like: "I'm afraid I can't help you" or something like that...
 Anakin_Xisali
06-08-2010, 6:06 PM
I'm not really sure, cuz I haven't played in awhile, but that guy you give cash to on Nar Shadaa, wasn't there like not an option to give him money or kill him?
Hm.
Anyway, what I'm trying to say is I agree.
 logan23
06-09-2010, 12:59 AM
Hey,

It's great! I mean, getting the LS/DS points was always much of a weird thing to me. There were very few choice por the PC, either help the guy in need and give him some cash, or whatever and get the LS points, or kill the guy for the DS points. Your perspective on the matter sounds way better. Especially when you consider Kreia's words:
" It is far a greater victory to make an enemy see through your eyes, than to close theirs forever"
I believe that it's a more "fair" distribution of the LS/DS points, and it fits better with the information provided by other examples of light and darksiders.
Keep up the good work logan

I agree. One of the complaints I heard from players about kotor2 and many other games with similar dlg tree structure is that the player can not plot and think ahead/plan. This was brought up since if a Jedi or Dark Jedi can sense the Force and the future of their choices/action then they can try to purposely to manipulate like Kreia did in kotor2. Or you can also set things in motion to help encourage a person/alien to gain the strength to confront their own issues.

To do this i plan to have party members give and open up plan/plots to manipulate/ or encourage dlg tree options during certain quests.

Ex. you talk to Cain who has more of the end justifies the means outlook would give you an option in a quest npc dlg that allows you to follow his suggestion or your own created from discussing it with him. This will be also true with other party members. Not all party members will give ideas on the quests. It depends on the quest and who would have an opinion.

There should also be a normal option like: "I'm afraid I can't help you" or something like that...

The normal options like the one you mentioned will be there for sidequests. I feel that sidequest should be used to help level up a player and also give them opportunity to gain Trust with party members or lose Trust. I will not be forcing you to do all the side quests in the game. Meaning there might be some different events due to you choosing to not complete a quest or even take it on.

I feel that what ever choice you make from taking the quest and be DS or take a quest and be LS or even to not take a quest...each of these should give a reward in the form of story elements. How big and often i can do this and the scope will come down to the size of the team and the amount of content we can create and put in the game.

There are no wrong choices only the consequences of each decision/action/choice.

When the Demo is released you will get a taste of these new features and how they will help define the story for your PC.

MORE TO COME......

Logan
 Revan's Aid
06-09-2010, 11:08 AM
One question, when it comes down to the Exile will their be a set appearance, or do we somehow get to import our Exile?

Also will Revan and the Exile be voiced?
 Holty1-5
06-09-2010, 12:19 PM
or do we somehow get to import our Exile?

I Doubt you will be Able to Import the Exile Like you do In Mass Effect which is wear im assuming you get the idea.
 Revan's Aid
06-09-2010, 12:45 PM
I know it wouldn't work like Mass Effect, but there could possibly be a way right?
 Anakin_Xisali
06-09-2010, 1:46 PM
I Doubt you will be Able to Import the Exile Like you do In Mass Effect which is wear im assuming you get the idea.

Never played Mass Effect, so I'll just go ahead and sound like an idiot and say "What Now?" :confused:
 SimonKTemplar
06-09-2010, 1:49 PM
I assure you, wheter it's by choice you make in the Exile being male or female, light side or dark side, the Exile will have a canonical appearance.
 logan23
06-09-2010, 2:17 PM
hey everyone,

What ever Exile head you have in kotor2 as your PC can be used as the head for the Exile in RoR.

Ex. if my kotor2 PC head is the guy with the beard, then in RoR you have the option to choose that head as the Exile for RoR.

I know some of you are wondering how....trust me i have it worked out. :-)

Logan
 redrob41
06-09-2010, 4:30 PM
Ex. if my kotor2 PC head is the guy with the beard, then in RoR you have the option to choose that head as the Exile for RoR.

That's one of the reasons why I made so many 'new' playable heads. None of the 'Exile' heads will be available to play as during the new character creation screen. They will be unmodified, so that they can be used only to represent the Exile.
 Revan's Aid
06-09-2010, 5:54 PM
Sweet!

And will Revan and the Exile be voiced?
 redrob41
06-09-2010, 7:37 PM
Sweet!

And will Revan and the Exile be voiced?

There's a lot of info about voice overs in earlier posts. You might want to start with page 14 (right at the top) since Logan already has an answer to one of your questions. :)
 Anakin_Xisali
06-09-2010, 7:52 PM
This might have been mentioned earlier in the thread, but it would be cool if Revan kinda sounded machine-like like Vader or Malak. You know that mask of his might filter his voice or something...
 SimonKTemplar
06-10-2010, 5:16 AM
This might have been mentioned earlier in the thread, but it would be cool if Revan kinda sounded machine-like like Vader or Malak. You know that mask of his might filter his voice or something...

I have learned a method of creating this effect, so now, whoever voices Revan would send the recordings to me, I'll then filter the voice to make it sound as though it's through a mask.
 Revan's Aid
06-10-2010, 9:10 AM
creating the effect is very simple using any audio editing suite.
 Darth_Bane_Wins
06-10-2010, 5:23 PM
That is quite an interesting idea, as long as it doesn't sound similar to Vader or Malak and doesn't sound bad or too mechanical (there is still just a person under a mask, not a machine making the voice after all) I would be all for that.

That being said, it is of course, completely up to logan whether or not he wants to put that kind of element into his mod, since it would mean more work, even if only a little.
 Dak Drexl
06-10-2010, 5:25 PM
If anything, I think I would prefer something kind of similar to the Mandalorian voices. Muffled but not machine-generated.
 Darth_Bane_Wins
06-10-2010, 6:35 PM
If anything, I think I would prefer something kind of similar to the Mandalorian voices. Muffled but not machine-generated.

Exactly, although i would prefer it to be less muffled than the mandalorians because it is a simple mask not a head encompassing helmet.
 Revan's Aid
06-11-2010, 9:18 AM
It would actually have to be exactly the same as the Mandalorians, since Revan is wearing a Mandalorian mask...

Plus, it really isn't that much more work, and considering that he has put the time and effort into creating K3, going that little extra inch for immersion's sake doesn't seem like something he'd skimp on.
 redrob41
06-11-2010, 12:46 PM
Well, I haven't posted any artwork in a while, so I thought I'd better put something in here.

Corellian King. He is a man of the people, so he doesn't wear overly dressy clothes. His style is very similar to his subjects, but with a little bit of gold mixed in.
http://img535.imageshack.us/img535/3494/kingofcorelliaclothes.th.jpg) (http://img535.imageshack.us/i/kingofcorelliaclothes.jpg/)

Player Underwear. It has mesh areas for ventilation/perspiration. I still need to re-model the female's shoulders, so that there isn't a raised edge. I picked white with dark maroon edges so that it works well with all the different skin colours.
http://img25.imageshack.us/img25/8417/k200031.th.jpg) (http://img25.imageshack.us/i/k200031.jpg/) http://img25.imageshack.us/img25/6793/k200030.th.jpg) (http://img25.imageshack.us/i/k200030.jpg/)

Builder Droid (Party member). I had to make it much more high-res. It's still a WIP at this point:
http://www.lucasforums.com/picture.php?albumid=557&pictureid=6641)

http://www.lucasforums.com/picture.php?albumid=557&pictureid=6642)

I hope you enjoy looking at 'em :D
 Dak Drexl
06-11-2010, 12:51 PM
Corellian King.

He looks truly unique.

Player Underwear. It has mesh areas for ventilation/perspiration.

Under Armour of Star Wars? :p

Builder Droid (Party member). I had to make it much more high-res. It's still a WIP at this point

Huge improvement over the original. Awesome work, what's new....
:xp:
 LDR
06-11-2010, 4:23 PM
They're all good. Nice work! :thmbup1:
 Anakin_Xisali
06-11-2010, 4:39 PM
The Corellian King looks awesome, and the players underwear does look a little like underarmour. Something must be wrong with my computer because I can't see the Builder Droid Picture at all in the spoiler box.

-AX
 redrob41
06-11-2010, 4:46 PM
Something must be wrong with my computer because I can't see the Builder Droid Picture at all in the spoiler box.

They are saved in my RoR album here on LucasForums. AFAIK, you need to be logged in to see them. I'll check and make sure that they aren't set to private.

The others are hosted on ImageShack, so they'll always show as links.
 Darth Payne
06-11-2010, 8:05 PM
Whoa, that builder droid looks easily 10-20 times better than before.

And that player underwear? WOW.
 newbiemodder
06-11-2010, 9:15 PM
King looks great...maybe though do something with the black undergarment btwn the head and robe.

Nice job on the droid.
 Yul
06-12-2010, 4:44 AM
That builder droid is eye candy for androids like me. MMMmmmm.
 Anakin_Xisali
06-12-2010, 10:40 AM
That builder droid is eye candy for androids like me. MMMmmmm.

What?? There's androids like you?

-AX
 Darth_Bane_Wins
06-12-2010, 11:29 AM
Incredible artwork. The King looks very well done as does the player underwear. I thought that droid was good before. Now its amazing.
 Darth_Sasuna
06-13-2010, 1:00 PM
wow ive been busy past week or so and look at the progress AWeSOME, king is great man, the underarmor is fine haha but considering they are technically more advanced than us wouldn't they have it? jk just being smart haha.
sweet job guys keep up the progress.
 Anakin_Xisali
06-13-2010, 7:40 PM
I wonder? I'm not a modder, so I don't know, is it possible to replace music in the game with something else? 'Cause I was watching this video (link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wlNf-1qkl5A&feature=related) and the song playing in the background would probably be good for a climatic epic battle scene.

-AX
 Working Class Hero
06-13-2010, 7:47 PM
I wonder? I'm not a modder, so I don't know, is it possible to replace music in the game with something else? 'Cause I was watching this video (link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wlNf-1qkl5A&feature=related) and the song playing in the background would probably be good for a climatic epic battle scene.

-AX
Yes, it's easily possible to replace ingame music. The reason why genuine modders don't do it is because it's illegal. Unfortunately, in America the laws are such that this is true whether the game is for profit or not.
You either have to find good music that has been released through a public license, (good luck with that!), write your own, or contact the publisher's legal team through a medium such as ASCAP.
For example, the video you referenced was a remixed version of LoTR music. This is an infringement on the publishing company that paid to have this music made for the movies. If Logan included such usic in his mod, most likely it would be taken off the servers here.

It sucks, but that's the law.
 LDR
06-13-2010, 8:02 PM
For example, the video you referenced was a remixed version of LoTR music. R-really? I thought it was Requiem for a Dream, or Tower, or whatever it's called. -> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XI_oWrseTKk)
 Working Class Hero
06-13-2010, 8:10 PM
R-really? I thought it was Requiem for a Dream, or Tower, or whatever it's called. -> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XI_oWrseTKk)
I honestly have never heard the song, I just took from the uploader's comments that is for LoTR.

That's the name I found it on Itunes when I first made this video. Requiem for a Dream is a different song name. This was because this version of the song used here was a remixed version for Lord of The Rings. The original soundtrack did not include this version of the song, and the original was actually called "Lux Aeterna."
 Anakin_Xisali
06-13-2010, 8:17 PM
Yes, it's easily possible to replace ingame music. The reason why genuine modders don't do it is because it's illegal. Unfortunately, in America the laws are such that this is true whether the game is for profit or not.
You either have to find good music that has been released through a public license, (good luck with that!), write your own, or contact the publisher's legal team through a medium such as ASCAP.
For example, the video you referenced was a remixed version of LoTR music. This is an infringement on the publishing company that paid to have this music made for the movies. If Logan included such usic in his mod, most likely it would be taken off the servers here.

It sucks, but that's the law.

OK, OK I didn't know! I can't really see anyone wanting to do something as complicated as getting it directly from the guy who made it, but it was just a suggestion. :(
 logan23
06-14-2010, 12:09 AM
Hey everyone!

I'm back with an update... 2 test videos

First Video:
This is a Test Video showing the Aggressive dialogue option in action. The video will show you how your choices in handling a conversation with a NPC can lead to unpredicted consequences. It is not a matter of one choice but the combination of choices during the dialogue tree can lead to the event above. This is one example of how using a Diplomat or Aggressive dialogue option can affect the player's experience and not just the way they interact.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6O4X13Scarc)

Second Video:
This Test Video is to show how you will be able choose the Jedi Exile's face. The face you choose will end up being used as the Jedi Exile in Revenge of Revan. The Dialogue will do a check on your choice wither you said that the Jedi Exile was male or female, and then you will get a choice of all the possible heads of that gender. You need to pick the correct one to crack into the computer but the reality is what ever you pick will be the correct one and will set up a reminder which head you choose so when you come across the Exile you will see the head you picked.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_FgnZzsY7LI)

Due to Frapps i had to shoot the heads separately and merge using Vegas since Frapps does not record in-game Bink videos. What you see is how it is seen in-game as its fully functional.

I also want to say that those skins look great, redrob41 :thmbup1:

As for Revan's voice with the mask...that will be tested to see if the masked VO takes away the emotional impact of the dialogue's execution and impact.

With music right now we will only be using the kotor2 game music but there is always a possibility of new music but it is not on the list of to do from the Demo's release.

I hope you guys enjoy the videos and now you will know how I will all the player to choose their Exile's face.

MORE TO COME......

Logan
 Revan's Aid
06-14-2010, 12:30 AM
oooo sweet!
 Yul
06-14-2010, 3:40 AM
What?? There's androids like you?

-AX

Tons of them, everywhere. We're everywhere, human! EVERYWHERE!

On a completely unrelated note, those videos were cool.
 Anakin_Xisali
06-14-2010, 12:55 PM
Those videos were awesome! How did you do that workbench to character generation thing? Oh, and also I noticed the orange GUI clashed with the green of the cg and dialogue and the blue of the workbench, I think I read somewhere that you can't change that, is that true?

-AX
 Revan's Aid
06-14-2010, 6:05 PM
I believe the the color of the the in-game text is determined by individual letter images.
 Sith Holocron
06-14-2010, 10:11 PM
Well, I haven't posted any artwork in a while, so I thought I'd better put something in here.

Builder Droid (Party member). I had to make it much more high-res. It's still a WIP at this point:
http://www.lucasforums.com/picture.php?albumid=557&pictureid=6641)

http://www.lucasforums.com/picture.php?albumid=557&pictureid=6642)

I like this one in particular. I have an idea where I'd like to see this one - in addition to ROR, of course.
 Anakin_Xisali
06-17-2010, 12:01 PM
I believe the the color of the the in-game text is determined by individual letter images.

So.....you'd have to take all the in-game text, break it up letter by letter and change the individual letter shape and color...and I don't know what the heck I'm talking about but it sounds complicated and time-consuming. :(

-AX
 logan23
06-17-2010, 12:49 PM
So.....you'd have to take all the in-game text, break it up letter by letter and change the individual letter shape and color...and I don't know what the heck I'm talking about but it sounds complicated and time-consuming.

Actually there are a few tga files with the full alphabet and numbers used for the dlgs for different size type.

The issue is that you can not simply change the color of the letters and numbers and drop into the override.

From what i can tell is that there is a number code given that will be layered over the different gui color sections which in turn changes the base original color more green or yellow, etc. That is where the main issues are...it comes down to finding the layers and tweaking them to create the color you want.

When the Demo is in Beta I will be continuing to play with the gui colors.

The end result will be a separate Gui download to change it if the player wishes to.

The Demo will not have the changed Gui unless i can get 100 percent everything changed. Again it will be a separate download.

MORE TO COME.....

Logan
 Darth_Sasuna
06-18-2010, 11:33 AM
I like this one in particular. I have an idea where I'd like to see this one - in addition to ROR, of course.

i cannot see this picture idk y nothing shows up any ideas?

hey sup guys still been out of it, nice videos man i loved them and how it went. one question idk if u said this before but when will the demo be released? 2011 sometime? and another thing i could mention more of a question but i won't state it here because ppl will complain due to some of their stupidity.... no offense to anyone, but i just saw something out of interrest just hit me up if u wanna here it.
 redrob41
06-18-2010, 2:38 PM
i cannot see this picture idk y nothing shows up any ideas?
Try this idea:
Something must be wrong with my computer because I can't see the Builder Droid Picture at all in the spoiler box.

They are saved in my RoR album here on LucasForums. AFAIK, you need to be logged in to see them. I'll check and make sure that they aren't set to private.

The others are hosted on ImageShack, so they'll always show as links.
 Codiey
06-20-2010, 7:14 PM
Keep up the good work guys. Looking forward to the next update.
 logan23
06-21-2010, 2:42 PM
Hey,

Stopping in to show some pics

http://img682.imageshack.us/img682/7613/k200237.jpg)

http://img819.imageshack.us/img819/7668/k200481.jpg)

http://img130.imageshack.us/img130/6853/k200469.jpg)

http://img689.imageshack.us/img689/8831/k200270.jpg)

There will be a few extra images in the Revenge of Revan Public social Group

MORE TO COME......

Logan
 Slstoev
06-21-2010, 4:23 PM
That jawa in the first pic is amazing!!!

I know there are jawa models in the game files and seen in TJM but that jawa is cool, likely skined by redrob.
 redrob41
06-21-2010, 4:27 PM
That jawa in the first pic is amazing!!!

I know there are jawa models in the game files and seen in TJM but that jawa is cool, likly skinned by redrob.

Nope, try as I might, I simply can't re-skin every character in the game :xp:. It does look cool though.

Those are some great pics Logan :D, especially Cain facing the beast
Page: 19 of 37