Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

[WIP] The Coruscant Mod

Page: 5 of 5
 DarthDredge
08-05-2007, 1:29 AM
I edited the file to have a smaller collar, leaving more room for the Sith emblem:

Click here to see a screenshot (http://blackjack.9f.com/k1/alt_black%20chest.jpg)

Tell me what you think!

EDIT:
I'm having problems with the pictures, but if you click the link, you should see it.
 Quanon
08-05-2007, 5:16 AM
^ Now thats just awesome !!! :thmbup1:

That skin just fits great , really cool stuff !

Anything sexy for zй Sith ladys :lol: ???

@Coola : Ah , yes the small approach movies , almost forgot about those :D ,
I think I know how I want to tackle that , I'll have to import certain Pieces of the Taris module's into Max , Cut and copy things I need , ditch the rest I don't need .

Really I think it's possible to do , ofcourse it won't be as good as ILM :lol: .
It could take awhile , the small movies on my other site took about +- 6 hours to render , and I didn't went overboard in each short shot of the ship flying by.

But , anyway , I'll do a double check on my textures (organize them per module and such) and pack them up in a Zip or .Rar .

I think your e-mail was on your mod-site right or at the top of this thread ?
 Miltiades
08-05-2007, 5:41 AM
Tell me what you think!

I think that's the one. Nicely done!
 Quanon
08-05-2007, 12:48 PM
Well , I got back to do some-work :p

ABout , damn time :lol: , been a bit lazy the last days .
And ofcourse I'm putting time to get my first new ever created area for the Kotor games , but that's in another thread here on Holowan .

SO , here's a small test of "animated" sky-box .
Do mind its going ridiculous fast in the shown GIF file and I'll have more controle of the speed when I set up the .TXI file for this texture .

I got two versions , one is with bigger Traffic in front .
Second is just with far away traffic moving.

Second looks a bit better , but this is just the first version.

Enjoy:

http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o34/slazzir/ANIME_SKY01.gif)

http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o34/slazzir/ANIME_SKY02.gif)
 Master Zionosis
08-05-2007, 3:55 PM
It looks good, but the thing that's throwing me off is that the traffic is bobbling up and down, lol.

Can't wait to see the finished version.
 DarthDredge
08-05-2007, 4:58 PM
These are the textures I have made so far:
· Head - Sith-ish eyes (Screen (http://blackjack.9f.com/k1/head2.jpg))
· Head - Normal eyes (Screen (http://blackjack.9f.com/k1/head1.jpg))
· The original brown/tan <chest> (Male (http://blackjack.9f.com/k1/MaleChest.jpg) | Female (http://blackjack.9f.com/k1/FemaleChest.jpg)) I didn't really like these. They were just to show what I meant, but you can have them if you want.
· Female Brown <chest> (Screen (http://blackjack.9f.com/k1/fem1.jpg))
· Male Red <chest> (Screen (http://blackjack.9f.com/k1/mal.jpg))
· Female Gray <chest> (Screen (http://blackjack.9f.com/k1/fem.jpg))
· Male Black:
• <upper arm> (Screen 1 (http://blackjack.9f.com/k1/arm1.jpg) | Screen 2 (http://blackjack.9f.com/k1/arm2.jpg))
• <chest> with smaller collar (Screen (http://blackjack.9f.com/k1/alt_black%20chest.jpg))

***I think those were the black textures that everyone seemed to like. I can also put the emblem on the shoulder and the front, if you want.

***<XXXXX> = placement of http://blackjack.9f.com/images/Sith/RevanSith.png)

@Coola: Please tell me which textures you want for your mod so I can make a rar file to e-mail to you. I can host them for download If you don't want to fill your inbox. I can upload them to one of my websites and make a link for direct download - It's not like a hosting site with ads and waiting and hard-to-find download links.

I'm still making more, so there will be more updates.

EDIT: You can all say which textures you want included, but Coola gets final say because it's his mod.
 Quanon
08-06-2007, 2:11 PM
@DarthDredge :

Female Gray and brown look pretty darn good , so I would include them both.
Same goes for MaleBlack Upperarm and Chest.

Don't know about the RedJacket Sith , it might look a lot better in realtime in the game and at full-screen .

NEWS : Edited the Skybox , traffic is now flying around the sky-box .
BUT , it's way to oversized , goes way to fast and one of the sky-textures is bobbing along .

Its looks just nuts now . And it make you nervous , really :lol:

So back to the drawingbord . I also send throw most of my textures to Coola .
I hope he gets them into the game succesfully .
 Coola
08-07-2007, 9:06 AM
I agree with Quanon, the grey and brown Female is great. I think male black with the icon on the chest would be best so that its similar to the female. Great job DarthDredge.

On a side note, I am having slight difficulties putting the textures ONLY into Coruscant and not Taris as well. I've been trying to follow the tutorial on these forums for module reskinning, but so far no such luck. Any tips would be great.

Also, don't forget that if anyone has any ideas for small sidequests, dont forget to let me know. I wanna try and get this mod very full, so that it lasts for more than an hour :).

Thanks all. Quanon good luck with the traffic!
 Miltiades
08-07-2007, 9:37 AM
This (http://lucasforums.com/showpost.php?p=2196936&postcount=11) may help too. I used this and I got through it. I have a new module with my new textures without the original module being reskinned. The most annoying part in this is editing the .mdl files with a Hex-editor. It takes a lot of time.
 Coola
08-08-2007, 3:35 AM
Thanks Miltiades for the post, it has helped a bit, but im still a bit stuck.

So far I have this (for dantooine sandral estate):
All the texture files that were called LDA_*.tga renamed to ZZA_*.tga

All the .MDL files that i extracted called m16aa_*.mdl to m99ac_*.mdl

All the .MDX files that i extracted called m16aa_*.mdx to m99ac_*.mdx

All the .WOK files that i extracted called m16aa_*.wok to m99ac_*.wok

The m16aa.lyt file renamed to m99ac.lyt with all references to m16aa changed to m99ac (except for "filedependancy"...anyone know what this is?)

The m16aa.vis file renamed to m99ac.vis

HEX edited .vis file to reference m99ac instead of m16aa

HEX edited .mdl files to reference m99ac instead of m16aa and ZZA instead of LDA

Changed the Tag and Room references in the m16aa.are file to point to m99ac, then renamed m16aa.are to m99ac.are

Changed the Mod_Area_List reference in the module.ifo file to point to m99ac, as well as the mod_entry point and name.

Renamed the .git and .pth files from m16aa to m99ac.

I'm not entirly sure where to put the files, but I tried a bunch of combinations of putting the textures and models in the ERF/MOD builder when i make the .mod file, as well as putting it in the Override folder.

So far my best result was the level loading with every wall black, characters/doors/lights all perfectly visible, and weird white squares falling from the skylights(meant to be leaves i think), as well as the tree with white branches.

Any other tips anyone?
 Quanon
08-08-2007, 9:00 AM
You sure you putted your .mod in the modules folder and not in the override .

Cause that was one of my dumb mistakes I made , these last days when trying to create a new area/level.

.mod in modules

.mdl and textures in Override .

:lol: No idea if this helped Coola , I'm totally Noob at this .
 jonathan7
08-08-2007, 9:22 AM
Also, don't forget that if anyone has any ideas for small sidequests, dont forget to let me know. I wanna try and get this mod very full, so that it lasts for more than an hour :).

Its looking amazing guys :-)

Anyways for a small side quest/meeting I thought that we could run into Quatra (Juhani's Master) http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Quatra) in the Jedi Temple. As her species is unknown how about a Green Jedi Twilek? If the player saves Juhani, Quatra would thank the player and present some sort of gift with some wise words. If the player killed Juhani perhaps Quatra could be a bit off with the player in the Jedi Temple, then later outside the player could run into Quatra; Quatra says, "I sense the Dark Side in you Padawan, you murdered Juhani didnt you?" and then the player could fight Quatra.

Perhaps a really cool Dark Jedi charachter leading the Sith to fight near the end of foiling them, you could ask mjpb3 if you could use her Asaaj Ventress skin if you decided to do this suggestion... http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=165148&highlight=ventress)

Just my 2 cents!
 Miltiades
08-08-2007, 10:50 AM
.mod in modules

.mdl and textures in Override .

:lol: No idea if this helped Coola , I'm totally Noob at this .

Yep, that's how it goes. .mdl, .mdx, .wok, .vis and .lyt all go in the override.
 Coola
08-10-2007, 1:29 AM
Its looking amazing guys :-)

Anyways for a small side quest/meeting I thought that we could run into Quatra (Juhani's Master) http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Quatra) in the Jedi Temple. As her species is unknown how about a Green Jedi Twilek? If the player saves Juhani, Quatra would thank the player and present some sort of gift with some wise words. If the player killed Juhani perhaps Quatra could be a bit off with the player in the Jedi Temple, then later outside the player could run into Quatra; Quatra says, "I sense the Dark Side in you Padawan, you murdered Juhani didnt you?" and then the player could fight Quatra.

Perhaps a really cool Dark Jedi charachter leading the Sith to fight near the end of foiling them, you could ask mjpb3 if you could use her Asaaj Ventress skin if you decided to do this suggestion... http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=165148&highlight=ventress)

Just my 2 cents!

Some interesting ideas there. Thanks I like the juhani story being continued.

Yep, that's how it goes. .mdl, .mdx, .wok, .vis and .lyt all go in the override.

Yeah, modules in the modules folder was one of the first things i learnt. Still, the problem isn't solved when the other files are in the override folder. So it must be a problem with the HEX editing, or renaming. I'll give it another go, theres just soooo many .mdl files to edit :(

I'm going to start a seperate topic for this problem.
 Ztalker
08-12-2007, 5:55 AM
Superb work guys. Every single part of this project seems good. Can't wait fot this to be released :D

I just thought of something..

You guys are using Nar Shadda modules for this mod right? Is it possible to create another Swoop Race as well then? :)
 Miltiades
08-12-2007, 7:12 AM
No, this mod is for Kotor, so Coola can't use the Nar Shaddaa modules. Instead he'll use the Taris and Dantooine modules.
 Gargoyle King
08-12-2007, 1:54 PM
Superb work guys. Every single part of this project seems good. Can't wait fot this to be released :D

I just thought of something..

You guys are using Nar Shadda modules for this mod right? Is it possible to create another Swoop Race as well then? :)This is for KOTOR, sorry but that's porting! ;)
For the swoop racing, the Taris one can be re-used or any other swoop track from Kotor for that matter (although Manaan etc. would look quite strange in Coruscant, better to stick to the Taris tracks).
 Quanon
08-12-2007, 2:53 PM
This is for KOTOR, sorry but that's porting! ;)
For the swoop racing, the Taris one can be re-used or any other swoop track from Kotor for that matter (although Manaan etc. would look quite strange in Coruscant, better to stick to the Taris tracks).

And they look a bit differant cause they use my textures aswell :D

Yeah ! :lol:

Allthough Coola is having a hard time to get them implemented just for his modules .
 Ztalker
08-13-2007, 5:37 AM
Oh, sorry about that...

*slaps himself with a haring out of shame*

But anyways, Taris and Manaan are nice enough :D
 Gargoyle King
08-13-2007, 5:44 AM
And they look a bit differant cause they use my textures aswell :DCan the swoop tracks be retextured? Wow, i never knew that was possible, so is the swoop tracks like any normal module then?Oh, sorry about that...

*slaps himself with a haring out of shame*

But anyways, Taris and Manaan are nice enough :DThat's alright, still any Swoop racing is better than none! :thumbsup:
 Quanon
08-13-2007, 10:19 AM
Can the swoop tracks be retextured? Wow, i never knew that was possible, so is the swoop tracks like any normal module then?That's alright, still any Swoop racing is better than none! :thumbsup:

Indeed , the swoop-track module just use the same-textures of the planet its located .

And to my suprise dantooine even uses a texture out Taris.

Ofcourse the track isn't any different , just its "look" .
 Coola
08-16-2007, 12:20 AM
Allthough Coola is having a hard time to get them implemented just for his modules

You can say that again! I hope your having better luck with the traffic than I am with this.

By the way, did you guys actually want a Swoop Track in it?
 Archonon
08-16-2007, 5:02 AM
I feel a swoop track is really more of a bonus than a real necessity. I do play the swoop track games but more out of a sense to complete everything than a real need for the swoop games, they're ok but I don't spend much more time on the tracks than it takes to finish them in the necessary playthroughs.

If the swoop track is giving you too many problems to implement I think it isn't really necessary, I'm much more interested in quests and things related to the PCs purpose for being in Coruscant.

I do hope the traffic makes it in though, it would certainly set it apart from Taris and create more ambiance. But this is also eye candy and a luxury I suppose, if it can't be done it won't be the end of the world.

Great work you guys.
 Quanon
08-16-2007, 9:04 AM
So far I haven't worked much on the traffic yet . :s

Been busy testing Magnulls Kaurora and all , aswell as workin on Sleheyron for Team-Jawa ( The K1RP project.)

But I haven't forgot about it .

Ow , and Coola , is it okay , if I upload the Taris/Coruscant textures to Rapidshare or MegaUpload .

I've tried to make to Rar , but it stays just a bit to big to attach it to an e-mail .

If its okay with you I'll upload them to one of those sites , I'll PM or e-mail you the hyperlinks , ;)
 Coola
08-17-2007, 2:50 AM
Coola , is it okay , if I upload the Taris/Coruscant textures to Rapidshare or MegaUpload

If its okay with you I'll upload them to one of those sites , I'll PM or e-mail you the hyperlinks , ;)

Yep thats fine, just let me know the links and keep them secret. Dont want anyone else grabing them :)

Little update on my problem. When I implemented the Lower Security Center textures, the same blackness happened, but i noticed something i didn't see in the upper center. Because the lower center has enemies, I was being attacked. I noticed that their blaster fire "lit up the darkness" of the black textures to reveal them underneath.

I've posted a screenie here (http://www.freewebs.com/corekotor/MediaPictures/TextureProb/textureprob1.jpg), but i cant tell if they're your textures or not Quanon. Either way, I have no idea what this problem might be.
 Miltiades
08-17-2007, 7:51 AM
Could it be lightmaps? The place is awfully dark, though you can slightly see the textures...
 Quanon
08-17-2007, 9:37 AM
Yep , those are my Textures .

Strange effect ???

I hope its not something I did wrong in Photoshop ? Do they work when you just dump them in the Override folder ?

Else I might have to look at thema again .
 Coola
08-17-2007, 9:09 PM
If i dump them in the override folder, they work fine (they look great by the way). If it's something to do with the lightmaps, is it my hex editing of the .vis file my problem?

Argh, the solution must be so close!

EDIT:

Also, i've updated my website a bit, with a download link for the teaser, as well as an easier way to submit your request to be a character (if you haven't done so already, I would urge you to do so)

Thanks
 Quanon
08-18-2007, 5:18 AM
If i dump them in the override folder, they work fine (they look great by the way). If it's something to do with the lightmaps, is it my hex editing of the .vis file my problem?

Argh, the solution must be so close!

EDIT:

Also, i've updated my website a bit, with a download link for the teaser, as well as an easier way to submit your request to be a character (if you haven't done so already, I would urge you to do so)

Thanks

^^Ow , forgot to fill that in , Trandoshan scumback suits me fine ;) .
I like the lizards :giggle1:

Ah , great to hear you enjoy the textures , cause things always look a bit differant in Screenshots .
 Coola
08-18-2007, 5:20 AM
I've just noticed soming in all the .mdl files.
In the module m09aa, each model files contain references to themselves twice, and then the rest of the instances have _lm# after it. This might be whats causing it, because it seems like it could be "Light Map", so i'm going to try just editing the two instances at the start of each model file.

SUPER DOOPER MASSIVE EDIT:
YES!! VICTORY IS MINE!! That was the problem. Ahhh the relief. Looks like i'll be updating the Gallery part of my site very soon. :)
 Miltiades
08-18-2007, 7:24 AM
Congrats, Coola. Looking forward to an update in the gallery.
 Quanon
08-18-2007, 2:21 PM
I've just noticed soming in all the .mdl files.
In the module m09aa, each model files contain references to themselves twice, and then the rest of the instances have _lm# after it. This might be whats causing it, because it seems like it could be "Light Map", so i'm going to try just editing the two instances at the start of each model file.

SUPER DOOPER MASSIVE EDIT:
YES!! VICTORY IS MINE!! That was the problem. Ahhh the relief. Looks like i'll be updating the Gallery part of my site very soon. :)

ALLRIGHT !

Can't wait to see the result , Coola .

I hope everything turns out right now , :) .

Does the sky-box work , cause I had a couple of differant versions in the folder and I'm not sure if I actually sended you the right ones . :nut:

Ow , the shame Roll Eyes :rolleyes:
 MetalMark
08-18-2007, 2:35 PM
as well as an easier way to submit your request to be a character (if you haven't done so already, I would urge you to do so)

I submitted my charcter reqeust. Also the mod is looking great. Checked your site and really liked all the things it will get.
 Coola
08-19-2007, 7:09 AM
Does the sky-box work , cause I had a couple of differant versions in the folder and I'm not sure if I actually sended you the right ones

Yeah it looks fine, not sure which version you are refering too.

I submitted my charcter reqeust. Also the mod is looking great. Checked your site and really liked all the things it will get.

Thanks MetalMark, looking forward to seeing you, and all of the other twenty or so characters in the Cantina. Want some Blue Milk while you wait? Or maybe some Death Sticks? :)
 Quanon
08-19-2007, 9:46 AM
Yeah it looks fine, not sure which version you are refering too.

Are LTS_sky0004Fix and LTS_sky0001Fix included ? If so I would advise to use these :) , as the orginal 0004 and 0001 where not "blended nicely into eachother .

THe Fix versions should blend nicely in , and you shouldn't be able to see a clear cut in one of the corners of the Box surrounding most modules .

Taris is a bit forgiving as there are lots of buildings obscuring the view , but I like to have it perfect .

I think I removed the LTS_0001 to 0004 ANIMES , if they'are in there , don't use them , they're a sucky trial version of the traffic in the sky .

Unless you want the effect of a deathstick in use , really they suck .

Anyways , I hope you get it finished soon as I'm looking forward to the quests and dialogs . Good luck on the rest of your project . ;)
 DarthDredge
08-20-2007, 6:23 PM
It looks like this mod is coming along pretty well.

I can do more textures if you want. If there is anything else you would like me to do, I would be happy to help! :)
 Revan_Pwn_Malak
08-20-2007, 7:55 PM
Ooooo... this mod looks beautiful. I'll have to keep track of the progress.
 Coola
08-22-2007, 6:58 AM
DarthDredge, thanks for your help with the Sith Textures. I havn't got around to editing to the .2da files to implement them, but from what I can see through dumping, they look damn cool. Don't forget to submit your character to be on coruscant on my main site. Theres special seats reserved for you and Quanon ;)
 Ghost Down
08-22-2007, 7:03 AM
This is coming along nicely I see, btw. I submited my character over a week ago and I still got no reply :(

- Ghost Down
 Coola
08-22-2007, 7:07 AM
This is coming along nicely I see, btw. I submited my character over a week ago and I still got no reply :(

- Ghost Down

Sorry about that, I thought i replied to all of them, but checking it now it seems like i havn't...woops...Never fear, i shall reply immedietly.

PS: Don't worry, I would have stopped telling people about it if it was full. Your place is still secured :)
 Ghost Down
08-22-2007, 7:11 AM
Ah, ok. That's cool. Btw, the character I submitted was called Credge ;)

EDIT: I got your email Coola! :)

- Ghost Down
 Coola
08-24-2007, 2:26 AM
Howdy folks, just updating with some news with the Gallery.

I've completly remade the gallery section of the site, throwing all the old pictures, and updating them completely.

The Gallery page (http://www.freewebs.com/corekotor/gallery.htm) is split into the following sections:
The Upper City - link (http://www.freewebs.com/corekotor/coruscantuppergallery.htm)
The Lower City - link (http://www.freewebs.com/corekotor/coruscantlowergallery.htm)
And Misc - which currently has no pictures.

Most of the pictures are only to show off Quanon's awesome work. Nearly all of the textures are intergrated (although some i'm still putting in).

Hope they look good!
 Miltiades
08-24-2007, 7:30 AM
Great pictures! I'm really looking forward to this. A question arose when looking at the pictures, particularly the Jedi Temple Docking Bay. Are you going to have any movies that show the Ebon Hawk arriving at the Jedi Temple? I guess that's very difficult to do, but because there's already the movie of the Ebon Hawk escaping Taris, I thought it was possible.

Also, will you use voice actors for human characters? I'm not offering myself as one, as I'm not a native English speaker (though I think I can cover that well enough :)), but I was just wondering how you'll do this?

Anyway, good luck!
 Quanon
08-24-2007, 1:25 PM
Great pictures! I'm really looking forward to this. A question arose when looking at the pictures, particularly the Jedi Temple Docking Bay. Are you going to have any movies that show the Ebon Hawk arriving at the Jedi Temple? I guess that's very difficult to do, but because there's already the movie of the Ebon Hawk escaping Taris, I thought it was possible.

Also, will you use voice actors for human characters? I'm not offering myself as one, as I'm not a native English speaker (though I think I can cover that well enough :)), but I was just wondering how you'll do this?

Anyway, good luck!
Not yet ;)

I've been trying to puzzle the buildings from Taris back together in Max .

So far I've been extracting lots of things I don't need . :(

Anyways , a short movie of the Ebon-Hawk approaching the planet , shouldn't be impossible to make .

THough it wouldn't be Bioware quality . ( I don't have a "Render"-room :p )
 Miltiades
08-24-2007, 2:10 PM
Well, maybe not BioWare quality, but from the things Archon II did (the M4-78 landing), it comes pretty close. But I see you were already trying, Quanon... nice... :p
 Master Zionosis
08-24-2007, 2:15 PM
Not yet ;)

I've been trying to puzzle the buildings from Taris back together in Max .

So far I've been extracting lots of things I don't need . :(

Anyways , a short movie of the Ebon-Hawk approaching the planet , shouldn't be impossible to make .

THough it wouldn't be Bioware quality . ( I don't have a "Render"-room :p )

Ahhh, well I beg to differ, if you can work it right they can come out looking like an instant copy of Bioware's. I have, just ask Glovemaster, I'm doing the video's for his mod :)

The hard part is getting the sound in synch with the video.
 Ztalker
08-24-2007, 2:28 PM
Awesome screenshots!

The Upper City looks just as 'rich' and 'elite' like in the movies, with all the warm colours and the gold details. There is still more then enough metal to keep it city-like though :)

The Under city is exactly what I imagined it to be. We saw a glimpse of it in Episode 2, with all the rust, neon and all.

Overall; excellent job! It really gives me the Coruscant feeling :D
 Sith Holocron
08-26-2007, 4:11 AM
Another suggestion:

On Tatooine in the Czerka office, the Czerka flunky mentions that a kiosk is available on Coruscant for complaints and the like (during business hours.) Might it not be humorous to have that kiosk on Coruscant and have it always closed?

By the way, has anything come of those neon signs?
 Coola
08-26-2007, 5:00 AM
I've released a second teaser trailer, mainly to show off Quanon's work.

Watch It - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bZLz6XFR4XQ) / Main Site (http://www.freewebs.com/corekotor/secondteaser.htm)
Download It - RapidShare (http://rapidshare.com/files/51173840/CoreKotOR_CoruscantMod_Teaser02.mpg.html)

Enjoy!

--------
@Miltiades - I'm not sure if i'm going to do voices yet. We'll see later on. Right now i'm not really thinking about it.

@Sith Holocron - I forgot all about Czerka...hmmm maybe I should add them in. I do have a spare area where they could fit... Thanks for that, giving me ideas now :).
 Rogue15 Fan
08-26-2007, 5:05 AM
wow that looks so cool, it would be so confusing to do all that!
Page: 5 of 5