Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Star Wars: The Sith Resurrection Part III: Last Stand of the Republic

Page: 7 of 10
 JediMaster12
05-25-2007, 1:20 PM
"Well your sister did put him in charge of a troop under her within the fleet. Perhaps you should inquire?" Greea asked. "You suspect too much."

"Little One," Andros began, "that alliance as you call it was made over four millenia ago when our greatest warrior Kirabaros united the broken tribes of our world and brought us to the Republic."
"You mean when the Jedi Revan crashed there and that whole business about the Blood King?" Alkйa asked fascinated. For a long time she had assumed that it was his mother that brought Avalon to the Republic as a friend and not just another member of a Galatic Senate.
"Yes." Andros took a sip of tea. "Still there is truth in what you say. As Avalonians, we pledged an oath for the Republic but not the Empire which was why we broke away only to help in the Rebellion. Since it is an honor bound oath, we will uphold it."
Alkйa sensed the reluctance to go to war once again. She heard the stories that Andros Starlighter was a peacemaker, a negotiator who would rather compromise than fight. She didn't know that was a quality from his father for that reluctance was overshadowed by the desire to defend what is his.
Seeing her looking at him, Andros guessed correctly what she was thinking and said, "I dislike the killing but there are times when there are things worth fighting for. I think we should contact your master and let him know that an old friend will be returning."
"How about three Father," and the twins came from behind the door they were listening.
 Alkonium
05-26-2007, 7:41 PM
"You're right, I'll go talk to her." Komad replied, and left the room. He soon came across Alkйa talking to Master Starlighter. "I'm not interrupting anything am I?" He immediately asked, trying not to be rude.
 steven
05-29-2007, 1:50 PM
"True, but I haven't seen Reyvan since Hethra and my father left." Komad commented, already assuming the worst.
"Niner, is the weapon ready?" Hethra asked on the comm.
"Yes, Master Iazoki." Niner replied.
"Good. You've done your part, now we can do ours." Alkonium commented.

"Before we fire the weapon, they're is another target we're going to have to worry," Jack said as the door near the group opened, revealing him. "Unless we want the Death Star following us, we're going to need to take out the Death Stars hyperdrive, which is huge, let me tell you."
 Alkonium
05-29-2007, 5:36 PM
"Easier said than done. There's only enough charge in the weapon for a single shot, and because it relies on energy from the Dark Side, we can't exactly recharge it. How much damage could we do if we targeted the Death Star directly?" Hethra replied. "If we can weaken it enough for an attack on the inside, that might be enough."
 steven
05-29-2007, 5:52 PM
"The weapon doesn't work like that," Jack explained "It fires an energy blast, when it interacts with something, it changes it's mass for three seconds, do that to an ordinary object and it will vibrate for a short moment, a sun however is different, it's core compacts and small chemical changes begin to take place which should cause a blackhole however because the weapon also cause the object to change back into it's original shape, the chemical reactions get bigger and the core can't take the strain and goes BOOM!"
 JediMaster12
05-29-2007, 10:53 PM
Master Starlighter looked at the half Twi'lek who walked in past his children. He recognized pain an suffering clearly, a gift from his ancestor and one that tended to torment him though he didn't show it. Looking at the room and having already made up his mind to help once again, he replied in a friendly voice, "None at all young Komad. Come and sit for we all have things to discuss," and motioned for him to sit on one of the cushions on the floor. The twins followed suit having been summoned by their father. They would speak to their sibling later.

Alkйa was surprised that her brother managed to find them quickly and asked, "Why are you here brother?"
 Alkonium
05-30-2007, 9:23 AM
"Then what would we to to disable the Death Star's hyperdrive in the first place?" Hethra asked.
"I'm looking for Reyvan, and I figured you would know where he is." Komad told his sister.
 JediMaster12
05-31-2007, 4:19 PM
"He commands a squad within the fleet that has been entrusted to the little one's care," came the answer from Master Starlighter. How he knew was only a small inkling of the power he was rumored to have posessed. He continued looking at the speechless faces, "He is at the dock, waiting for the little one. I suspect he has something to say to her." He smiled a friendly smile.
 Alkonium
05-31-2007, 5:48 PM
"Thank you, Master. There's something else though. As you know. Chief of State Tabula Rasa was killed by a Dark Jedi Assassin, who then killed himself. I happen to know for a fact that someone sent him, and I also know Darth Mortis well enough to say that she's not subtle enough to send an assassin, which only leaves one person, and I think you know him better than my sister." Komad said to Starlighter.
 JediMaster12
05-31-2007, 10:32 PM
"If you mean Tyrannus, then I know him well. As for the assassin, he sent him to give a message to the Chief of State not to murder. I believe the assassin is taking orders from someone else," Andros gazed at the young Twi'lek. He sensed the need to seek out the one behind it. Though it voiced no name, it spoke of revenge. He then added, "Tyrannus is not his name. It is but a name he chose for himself when trying to find his place amongst the new order."
 Alkonium
05-31-2007, 10:59 PM
"By the 'New Order' do you mean the Sith Triumvirate which was dissolved four years ago, I take it? Who else could it be? The only known Sith Lord is Darth Mortis, and she's too blunt to consider sending an assassin." Komad replied. "It is also possible, that the Assassin acted of his accord, and was merely disobeying Tyrannus."
 JediMaster12
06-01-2007, 1:32 PM
"No I mean the Jedi Order young Komad," Andros replied. He sensed that Komad was watching for betrayal with every step and he was disheartened taht was so for it could potentially shatter him in the end. The little one however shut herself off almost completely for there was a glimpse of hope that she could feel again. He knew that Komad would demand explanation and rather than wait for it, he continued on, "Tyrannus is not his name but he is lost. He doesn't believe in light or dark but sees the shades of grey. Much like any Avalonian. We know that the Jedi strive to achieve an emotionless state but we ourselves cannot. We maintain a connection to the Force that is similar to that of the Miraluka."
 Alkonium
06-03-2007, 12:52 AM
"We would have found something in the Archives about him, unless he managed to erase his name from the Archives. How would he do that though? I know another man named Tyranus managed to do something like that a decade before the Clone Wars." Komad commented. "I know what you're thinking about me. You think I'm lusting for revenge, and that it will destroy me, but you are wrong. Yes, there is a darker side to me that was not there before, but you do not know why."
 JediMaster12
06-04-2007, 2:30 PM
"You presume too much young one," Andros allowed. He was not easily intimidated anymore, well he never was. Most people thought him to be a pushover, even his own father at first but that changed when he let his true colors show. "Perhaps the reason you have a darker side involves a bit of guilt and of course Malek's attempt to dispell you of the illusions of the light side."
Jun-la and Tulre by this time had managed to make their way in the room and took their accustomed seats next to Alkйa. While curious about the children of Alkonium, they were polite enough not to say anything. Instead they sat and stared but it seemed as if they were sharing a private joke between them. The Twilek has pain yet he is reluctant to share, Jun-la sent to her brother, aware that she was intentionally making it so that Komad could hear them.
If you ask me, he is afraid. Not that you can blame him. He thinks he is losing his sister because she won't tell him that she spoke to Malek during her exile on Dagobah, Tulre sent back, imitating his sister.
She won't even tell him that she's in love again. He's so blind that it had to take his wife to tell him, she sent.
Trust issues if you ask me.
Andros was aware of what his children were doing yet made no attempt to stop them. He had learned long ago that there is only so much a person can accept from him. It often took others to tell the same thing to get the point across. It used to be that way with Luke when he protested against a few things when they were building the Order again. He kept this in mind as he continued his conversation, "As to the one you refer to before the Clone wars, he was a traitor. Did you know that he wanted to wed my mother? Of course she saw right through him and refused flat out, claiming her loyalty to the Jedi."
 Alkonium
06-04-2007, 7:43 PM
You know I can hear every word of your little "discussion", right? Komad said telepathically to the twins. "Mortis didn't want to turn me to the Dark Side, she wanted me to suffer. If you knew her before she was a Sith, you'd know why."
 JediMaster12
06-04-2007, 10:25 PM
Of we know that. Jun-la gazed at him with a knowing look, You didn't want to listen to Father so we decided to say the same thing again.
It won't work, Tulre entered in, glancing at his twin sister, Like I said. He has trust issues. Worse than Aapa after that battle during the Clone Wars. There was no shame emanating from the twins with their mental tirade.

Andros for his part was rather amused at teh twins. They were more like his mother with her quick wit and sarcasm with her peers and elders. He was puzzled by this Darth Mortis but he didn't allow it to become obvious. Instead he replied softly, "I'm sorry. I thought we were discussing Malek, otherwise known as Tyrannus."

I tell you he has trust issues, Tulre persisted.
 Alkonium
06-04-2007, 11:39 PM
"As much as I don't like him, Tyrannus has never harmed me directly. Darth Mortis on the other hand, has. A lot. You don't know who she is, do you?" Komad responded.
 JediMaster12
06-05-2007, 3:28 PM
"I see much but this Darth Mortis is but a mystery to me," Andros finally admitted. He was wondering whether or not Hethra would approve of his manner towards two potentially powerful Jedi. "I have sensed an unusual trembling within the Force. It is like a breeze that comes before the storm. It is held at bay for now..."

"But when unleashed, it will be like releasing the straif cat from its cage," came the voice from the shadows.

Andros turned and smiled at the corner. He then said, "I wondered when you would arrive Malek. Apparently not soon enough." He watched as Malek stepped forth from the shadows.

I hope the Jedi doesn't harm Malek. It's hard for outsiders to understand our ways, Jun-la carried on her mental conversation, making sure that Komad heard.
 Alkonium
06-05-2007, 5:58 PM
"Mortis is the Dark Lady of the Sith. She's the one rebuilding the Death Star. I know this because I was held captive there for six months." Komad told Starlighter. He then turned to Malek. "I know you sent the Assassin who killed Rasa, but I also know that he disobeyed your orders by killing her."
 JediMaster12
06-05-2007, 6:34 PM
"An error on my part Jedi," Malek replied, "Chief Rasa had to see that the Republic was infiltrated and she refused to. The assassin was to go and threaten. Apparently he had been taking orders elsewhere."

Alkea had been listening to the conversation with a polite expression. She wondered if Komad was going to lash out at Tyrannus and for her part in conversing with him. She sent to her brother, unaware that Andros was shamelessly listening, Brother. He is not what you see him as. I saw that as much when I was in exile.

Malek, not listening or unaware voiced aloud, "I see however that my presence is a means for tension. Perhaps it would be better if I refrained from coming when he is present?"

"No. The Little One and the Jedi must understand though I still am not familiar with this one that imprisoned Komad," Andros replied.
 Alkonium
06-05-2007, 9:13 PM
"My opinion of you has changed greatly since we last met, Tyrannus. Since I learned firsthand what suffering is, I no longer see you as an enemy." Komad told Malek, to the shock of virtually everyone in the room. "What you have done is nothing compared to Darth Mortis. Sorry I distrusted you in the past."
"Looks like Gamma Squad made it to the Security Control Room; this service hatch leading to the bridge has just been unlocked." Alkonium said to Hethra. "Good, that should speed things up."
 JediMaster12
06-05-2007, 10:10 PM
"Perhaps we should discuss this more. I believe tea is in order and we can decide on the course of action to take if I am to take up the call of arms again," Andros replied gently. Protocol must be observed and tea must be served to all guests.

Jun-la knew this and scurried to grab the tea tray, stopping only to put two more cups on the tray before bringing it back. She sent loudly through the Force, It's a good thing he kept his temper in check.
I still think he has trust issues sister.
 Alkonium
06-06-2007, 6:23 PM
"Very well. Who else could the Assassin have been taking orders from? Mortis would have sent a fleet of Sith Star Destroyers and bombarded the Senate District. I personally now think that he might have simply chosen to act without orders and kill Rasa." Komad suggested.
 JediMaster12
06-06-2007, 9:11 PM
"Possibly," Malek allowed while handing Komad a cup of Avalonian tea. It was well known for curing the ailments of the spirit. "Then again it may be someone who is watching every move we make."

Regaining her voice, Alkйa voiced, "Perhaps it could be an Avalonian. If I remember correctly, Master Ashira-Li Starlighter was often the target of various dissident peoples, including Avalonians. Some had a personal vendetta."

"She was always the target to try and turn to the darkside," Andros voiced in his softened voice, "Because of the power she wielded, the Emperor did not want her destroyed. That was why she survived Order 66."

"Then it could be that it is starting up again. They intend to flush you out," Malek voiced. He then turned to Komad, "What do you think?"
 Alkonium
06-07-2007, 12:46 AM
"It wouldn't surprise me. The Sith have tried to turn me to the Dark Side before. Even though it was not her goal, Mortis nearly succeeded at that. I know Mortis well. Even as a Jedi, she wasn't exactly known for her subtlety, if you know what I mean. As far as I know, Darth Mortis is the last remaining Sith Lord in the Risen Sith Empire, and noone else would have known who the Assassin was. Another thing is, his last words were 'That secret dies with me, halfbreed', implying that noone else knew that you sent him." Komad pointed out.
 JediMaster12
06-07-2007, 4:10 PM
"But there is a possibility that there is a person we haven't seen before. Draconis started the vengeance streak against what he called the Huttspawn of our people, against your family Master Starlighter," Malek directed at Andros who was just sitting and listening. He knew all about how the vendetta against his family started long ago. In fact his mother had been protected by hiding in plain sight within the Republic. Still it wasn't a remote possibility and he listened to Malek explain, "It could be that he or she is intending to escalate events so that you have no choice but to come out in the open, or convice you sister and brothers out of hiding and continue the vendetta."

((This is from Broken Wounds on teh whole vendetta thing. I was actually going to introduce him since I have him established completely.))
 Alkonium
06-09-2007, 4:52 PM
"Very well, but I sense there is more to this. The fact that the Chief of State has been assassinated and Project Abaddon being complete cannot be concidences. I still doubt that Mortis could have ordered the assassin to kill Rasa on her own, but I think she might have been working with this Draconis." Komad suggested.
 steven
06-09-2007, 6:35 PM
"Then what would we to to disable the Death Star's hyperdrive in the first place?" Hethra asked.

Jack started laughing "Ladies and gentlemen, my uncle the great leader of the Jedi Order," He called out sarcastically before nearly shouting at his uncle "owi brains, do you have any idea what the Ecilpse line of Super Star Destroyers are known for? Answer: The big fat assed super-laser. We just need to fire one shot into it's main hyperdrive before rerouting it's power to the supernova cannon. How did you become the head of the Jedi Order again?"
 Alkonium
06-10-2007, 3:54 AM
"Isn't the original reason we're causing this star to go nova because the Death Star's armour is too thick to be penetrated by anything less? I think there's a flaw in your plan." Hethra replied.
 steven
06-10-2007, 5:58 AM
"Actually we're creating blowing up a star to destroy it completely along with the Sith fleet. You see destroying the Death Star is the most armoured peace of technology in existance. However if you target a certain point of the ship, and fire a powerfull superlaser at it, you'll knock it offline for five minutes. I don't feel like explaining the science behind it all, but it's got to with EMP waves and other radioation stuff, but trust me, it'll work. Five minutes is all we need to fire into the sun and head back home."
 Alkonium
06-10-2007, 10:36 AM
"Alright. Collaborate with Gamma Squad on a way to deal with the crew, then meet us at the bridge." Hethra replied.
 JediMaster12
06-11-2007, 2:46 PM
"Draconis is dead Brother," Alkea replied, "It is thought that all of the family were killed, devoured by their hatred but it appears that there is one more. The thing is we have to find out who it is."

"Well said Little One," Andros responded. He then changed the subject by changing his line of questioning, "Young Komad, how is your wife? I always knew that Jaden Korr was promising, even when I trained him (?) at the academy on Yavin."
 Alkonium
06-11-2007, 6:27 PM
(Yes, in this timeline, Jaden Korr was an LSM Rodian and Greea's ancestor.)
"She's doing well. We think there's about two weeks left in the pregnancy." Komad replied.
 JediMaster12
06-12-2007, 1:13 PM
"Not what I was asking but I sense that will suffice for now," Andros replied rather tolerant. He was understanding enough to know that not everyone would catch on to the peculiar Avalonian way of asking a question that says one thing but means another. From all accounts his mother was quite good at it and would mercilessly tease his father with it. He changed direction of the interrogation, "Well now that we have had this interesting chat, perhaps we better get moving. Hethra would want an update. He always was one of those types couldn't make a big decision without all the information."

"So you will help us then?" Alkйa asked.

"I said I would didn't I?" Andros replied, "Anyway I couldn't sit here any longer waiting for Hethra. Malek, perhaps it would be best if you scoured the usual hiding places in the Outer Rim?"

"I will do so. You better watch your back Starlighter. This could be more serious than you know. Your..."

"My mother would have gotten all the necessary recon. I know but I am not her and I sense that this will remain hidden for a time," Andros gently interrupted, "CHildren, I suppose you know where to find our family?"

"Yes Father," the twins replied in unison and got up and left without another word.

After they had left, Andros turned his attention to KOmad and asked, "Young one, where is Hethra?"
 Alkonium
06-12-2007, 10:37 PM
"He is in the remains of the Alderaan system with my father, on a very important mission to destroy the Rebuilt Death Star. It would be best if you waited until his return." Komad told Andros.
 JediMaster12
06-13-2007, 2:13 PM
"Alright then. Let us be on our way to the temple then. I have a feeling that the twins would like to roam the old halls," Andros replied heading towards the door. He paused only to summon his lightsaber, the one that his mother had left the schematics for. It flew to his hand without him even looking at it as his children followed.

Jun-la sent through the Force to Komad, He only said that to hide his own feelings. A lot of memories there for him.
 Alkonium
06-13-2007, 9:51 PM
(@JM12:For some reason I'm wondering, was this Force Telepathy invented for this RP Trilogy, or had someone used it before?)
We all have painful memories. Komad replied. How is it that your father knows nothing about Darth Mortis? She's been the Dark Lady of the Sith for a year now. I'm well aware of the fact that very few people know her as well as I do, but he knows less of her than most people.
 JediMaster12
06-13-2007, 9:58 PM
((I don't know but I considered something unique with Avalonians. Once they touch a non-Avalonian, the person could reply even if it is rudimentary emotions))

He has been gone from war for a long time. You could say that he disconnected himself from the Force. Nai Nai could do it so he said. Jun-lu cast a glance at Komad as they followed Andros out, He can't see people but auras. It is strange but he knows of a dark cloud but cannot place it with a person.
 Alkonium
06-13-2007, 10:18 PM
(The problem there is that it was used by the Sith Triumvirate in the first RP, briefly by Matthew Mit'thias in the second, then by Jack Iazoki in this one, and quite frequently by Komad and Greea in this one. How would you explain that part.)
Then how much do you know of her? Komad then asked Jun-la.
 steven
06-14-2007, 12:12 PM
(Well I surpose he could be due to force/family bonds or something)

"Okay, Gamma team follow me," Jack said before rushing down a corridor, whilst being followed by, however before leaving his uncle completely he returned to tell him "Don't worry about Mortis, she isn't in this sector. She's commanding the operation from another place, however I'm having trouble pin pointing her location. And she's going a good job at not being tracked. From what I can tell she's patching her messages through the Death Star's supercomputer which only has roughly 200 odd firewalls and security programs."

(hope you don't mind Alk but I have a new idea behind Mortis.)
 JediMaster12
06-14-2007, 3:09 PM
I know nothing except for what you have told me, Jun-la replied. She wasn't ashamed of it at all. We have been here for so long that in a sense, we had become isolated. I do know that she is the dark cloud that has haunted my father's sleep. He won't speak of it but he knows that there is something more other than this Death Star.

Alkea, aware of the conversation voiced aloud, "How will you know Master Andros who Mortis is if you had never seen her before?"

Andros had been wondering if the question would come up. He replied carefully, "Little One, one doesn't have to know what one looks like in order to see them. Often their signature in the Force is enough, if you can see it."
 Alkonium
06-14-2007, 5:08 PM
(If your plan is that Mortis does not die yet, that was also my plan.)
"It matters not. Destroying the Death Star will bankrupt the Sith. They won't be able to build another weapon." Blade stated.
"Ok, Mortis isn't here, but that might help us. In the time it would take to kill her and fire the weapon, we could be out of here already." Hethra told Alkonium.
 steven
06-14-2007, 6:11 PM
((It's more inventive/creative than that :P))

"Just be carefull, she left her second in command here, and he's not exactly the easiest of all people to deal with," Jack warned.
 JediMaster12
06-14-2007, 6:28 PM
Perhaps it would be wise until she reveals herself Hethra? Andros sent as he made his way to the temple, aware of the conversations taking place about him. I sense that she is most curious to meet a Jedi that has been dead for some time now.
 Alkonium
06-15-2007, 11:44 AM
(@steven: how much did Tysy tell you about Mortis before she left the RP?)
I suppose we have no choice for the time being, old friend. Hethra replied to Andros.
 steven
06-15-2007, 11:50 AM
(She said, sure you can have her, that's about it. I've just been making it up as we go along, if there's anything I need to know could you please pm about it.)
 JediMaster12
06-15-2007, 1:27 PM
Andros smiled when he heard the reply. Hethra had not changed. It made him all the more willing to see how his friend is doing. He said nothing to anyone as Alkйa drove the speeder back to the temple. Instead there was a slight prickling in the Force. It was such a quiet thing and yet to his extremely sensitive hearing, it was quite loud. He said loud enough to be heard, "Little One, I suggest you add extra speed. I sense something that I suspect that everyone should be present."

((I'm taking a risk here so if I got it wrong then I can delete))
She had been uncomfortable ever since Komad left to find Reyvan and then Alkйa. She couldn't concentrate properly and it felt like she had indigestion. Greea glanced out the window as the next feeling came along. She decided not to wait anymore and called her padawan to her. When Quinlan arrived, she said, "Help me get to the medical wing."
 Alkonium
06-16-2007, 12:19 PM
"We have to get back to the Temple now." Komad stated, already aware of what was going on. "Greea needs me."
"We're getting close." Hethra said to Alkonium. "Hold on. I sense a dark presence, but Jack's right about Mortis not being here. I don't know who it is. We must be cautious." Alkonium commented.
 JediMaster12
06-18-2007, 2:34 PM
"She doesn't need you but she wants you there," Andros responded. It sounded mean at least that was what the look Alkea gave him. He added, "No need to be reckless with our speed. We shall make good time."

Alkea thought it was outrageous what he said to her brother and was prepared to attribute that to the fact that he hadn't spoken to people in a long time. It was Jun-la who whispered to her, "He is right. He was there when my brother and I were born and he sensed when Cousin Ben was born. He knows. He just has a bad way of saying it."
"I guess I should allow a little more leeway," Alkea admitted to the girl, well to Alkea, Jun-la was not really a girl but a young woman but she looked young and looking at Andros, he looked like he was still forty years old.
"Father is more practical while Nai Nai was more poetical," Jun-la explained as if that were the answer.
Alkea said nothng more as she continued with her present speed towards the temple.
 Alkonium
06-19-2007, 1:14 AM
"In case you didn't know, I happen to be the father of Greea's child. I suppose you don't remember what it was like when your kids were born." Komad replied to Andros.
Page: 7 of 10