Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Star Wars: The Sith Resurrection Part III: Last Stand of the Republic

Page: 6 of 10
 JediMaster12
04-11-2007, 1:32 PM
There's something else isn't there?, Alkйa queried. She wasn't sure but she sensed something else. It was like a nagging doubt at the back of her mind.
 Alkonium
04-11-2007, 5:55 PM
The Assassin was working for someone, but he killed himself before I could find out, though I have some theories... Komad replied.
 JediMaster12
04-12-2007, 11:37 PM
You coming back to the temple? Alkйa asked. If Komad was going to speak to the Council, she wanted to be there. She had an idea that maybe this was what a 'friend' had tried to tell her when she first came to Dagobah. Absorbed in her thoughts, she didn't hear Reyvan trying to get her attention.
 Alkonium
04-12-2007, 11:50 PM
Of course. They will want to know what transpired here. But for now, I have to check over some things here to determine how the Assassin got here undetected. Komad sent back. "Ok, find anything here?" He then asked on of the people investigating the crime scene. "Yeah, check this out." The officer replied, pointing out the usage records on an access hatch to the ventilation shaft. "That's shortly after Hethra contacted me." Komad replied. "Since we know the Assassin used the vent's to reach the Chief of State's office, that would mean he had the communication system at the Jedi Temple tapped." Komad commented. "We have to order radio silence at the Temple for the time being."
 JediMaster12
04-13-2007, 4:37 PM
Alkйa received Komad's reply and was content with it for now. She turned towards her companion Reyvan and asked, "You coming?"
 Alkonium
04-14-2007, 11:55 AM
That morning, in the council chambers...
"It seems that the Assassin was there shortly before I received the message from Hethra, so we believe that the communication systems here have been tapped. I recommend radio silence until we can find the source." Komad recommend to the Jedi Council. "Very well. Please continue." Hethra replied. "After he killed the Chief of State, I attempted to subdue him, and bring him in for questioning, but he committed suicide by thrusting upon by lightsaber, and Force Pushing himself out the window." Komad finished his report. "I believe it would be best if we found out who sent the Assassin."
"I agree, but there are more pressing matters at hand. We must move quickly if the Republic is to survive. I am leading a contingent of troops to take Mortis' flagship, so we can put an end to Project Abaddon, once and for all." Hethra stated.
 Jason Skywalker
04-15-2007, 6:46 AM
"So maybe we need to divide people by tasks. Some find out who sent the assassin, others go with Hethra to put an end to Project Abaddon. But the question is: who?" Reyvan asked.
 Alkonium
04-15-2007, 9:32 AM
"That would be a viable option, but we have no evidence leading anywhere when it comes to the Assassin." Alkonium commented. "There's nothing that can be done."
 JediMaster12
04-16-2007, 1:10 PM
"Maybe there is one who might be able to. He hasn't been here on Coruscant these last few months but he knows thing," Alkйa interjected softly. She knew her brother didn't like Tyrannus but that wasn't even his name which she discovered when he came to Dagobah and sought her out. "He would know how to find out. His people are know for just disappearing."

"Who?" asked Greea.

"One of the Jedi who comes from as far as the Unknown Regions."
 Alkonium
04-16-2007, 5:45 PM
"Thank you, Alkйa. Since you seem to know him, I'm sending you to find him, and bring him in for questioning. But, I still expect you to carry this out objectively and decisively." Hethra responded. "Do not allow your feelings towards this man, whoever he is, to cloud your judgement."
 JediMaster12
04-17-2007, 10:34 PM
"I have no personal feelings for him Hethera," Alkea stated boldy. "He is one who prefers to do what he wishes but loosely follows the tenets of the Jedi Order. I don't need to search him out. He is coming here."

Tyrannus was tired but it was worth leaving the slime of the swamps. He knew that Coruscant was the best place to go since that was where the Force nudged him to. He also knew that she would be there. At least she would be able to understand him better than her overbearing brother. He dozed off while the ship finished making the trip to Coruscant.
 Alkonium
04-17-2007, 11:58 PM
"Very well. Confront him with a squad of Republic Guardsmen, and if he is the one who sent the assassin, do whatever is necessary to bring him to justice." Hethra responded. Remember, you were my apprentice before you were his.He said directly to Alkйa through the Force.
 JediMaster12
04-18-2007, 2:17 PM
And you should know that Avalonians don't think like we do, Alkea sent quietly. Aloud she said, "Very well but if he comes here, then we will know that he didn't send the assassin to kill the chief of State."
 Alkonium
04-18-2007, 5:43 PM
"Do not assume anything." Hethra reminded her. "We do not know that he is guilty, but we also do not know that he is innocent. You claim he is innocent, but you have no proof. If that is all, council adjourned."
 JediMaster12
04-18-2007, 7:14 PM
Alkea waited until all the masters but Hethera had left before coming up to him. Being respectful she continued the conversation, "Innocence or guilt, he is still one of us. Besides if he did send the assassin, it was more likely that it was to leave a message, not kill her."
 Alkonium
04-18-2007, 8:11 PM
"When was he ever one of us? Until four years ago, he was part of the Sith Triumvirate who led the war against us. The only thing he has done for us is help free Taris, which was later decimated." Hethra responded.
 JediMaster12
04-18-2007, 8:59 PM
"Since when has he truly refused to help us?" Alkea replied. "He may not agree with the Code but since when do his people do anyway? The princess he honors didn't."

((The reference to the princess is another Avalonian but she is long dead. She too was Jedi))
 Alkonium
04-18-2007, 11:07 PM
(When did die exactly? It might help. Until you say otherwise, I'll just assume that she lived at the right time for Hethra to have known her)
"There are some things I won't tolerate, not even from you. Don't bring her into this." Hethra reacted, for Alkйa had unwittingly opened up an old wound.
 JediMaster12
04-20-2007, 3:45 PM
((She died right around the time of A New Hope. She is an Avalonian princess, a Jedi))

"Bring who into what Hethera? The princess I speak of was none other than Master Starlighter. Who are you speaking of?" Alkйa replied. It was unlike her to retort back at her old master but she was confused when he said she.
 Alkonium
04-20-2007, 9:21 PM
(Ok. I'll fix it by having Hethra think Alkйa meant someone else)
"I'm sorry. I thought you meant someone else. You wouldn't know who I thought you meant. She died three years before you were born. Starlighter, on the other, died decades before I was born." Hethra managed to calm himself.
 JediMaster12
04-23-2007, 2:31 PM
"I know she did and that she had a son. His people say he's the son of two Jedi. Whatever that means. You know how Avalonians are," Alkйa replied. Her voice softened when Hethera calmed down. She disliked making him angry but there were times when you can't be choosy about your allies. She added softly, "Perhaps you may tell me sometime of her. It may help with the confusion swirling around now."
 Alkonium
04-23-2007, 5:34 PM
"Well, his people probably meant that literally. You're the daughter of two Jedi, are you not? I suppose now would be the best time to tell you about that woman, considering the risk in this mission." Hethra replied.
 JediMaster12
04-23-2007, 8:27 PM
"It may be literal Master Hethra but knowing Avalonians, they could probably be referring to his characteristics like he has his mother's powers but has the fortitude of a great warrior they know. One of those things," Alkйa explained more for her benefit. She waited until Hethra said that he would tell her and she replied, "I should like to hear about her. Perhaps it may help." A remark that could have meant anything.
 Alkonium
04-23-2007, 11:35 PM
"Very well. Her name was Almalexia, and she too was an Avalonian princess. She and I were very much in love, but during the Great Droid War, we discovered that she was providing the enemy with information which allowed HK-47 to attack Coruscant a year later, and kidnap Vice Chair Kaitй Naberrie. I went after her myself, and I chased her to Sullust, where I tried to reason with her to return to Republic space, but I was forced to kill her. Since then I have never grown attached to anyone else in such a way." Hethra told her. "We're really not that different, are we?"
 JediMaster12
04-24-2007, 1:47 AM
"Maybe," Alkea replied thoughtfully. She wasn't willing to share that she had feelings again, this time for a certain Jedi. She added, "Master Starlighter was the true princess in that her parents were considered royalty. Was Almalexia a daughter of one of the lesser governors?"

((What I mean by this is that the Lord Governor of Avalon is the governor of the planetary system. He/she has the authority to call all troops together into a single army. ))
 Alkonium
04-24-2007, 10:14 PM
"I never asked her what her exact title was, but she was stripped of it when her betrayal was exposed." Hethra told her. "Like many systems during the time, Avalon sided with the Republic and the Yuuzhan Vong."
 JediMaster12
04-25-2007, 1:23 PM
"Unlike them Master. They are loyal to the Republic," Alkea replied respectfully, "Probably the ones who sided with the Yuuzhan Vong were their millennia aged enemy, the Rashikians. History has shown that the Rashikians will stop at nothing to regain Avalon and the power they once had before they were cast out. The younger ones still look like Avalonians but the older ones are twisted and they have the stench of death on them."

((I will try to reveal what I can of the Avalonian people through the dialogue. More likely what happened was that the younger Rashikians sided with the Yuuzhan Vong since Avalon swore an oath to the Republic. Remember these are people that honor their word once it is given))
 Alkonium
04-25-2007, 5:36 PM
((Actually, during the Great Droid War, the Republic and the Yuuzhan Vong were allies against the HK Imperium, led by HK-47, who had been reactivated along with the CIS's Droid Army by a mysterious Sith Lord.)
"I'm quite certain that the Rashikians still side with the Sith. In fact, if I'm not mistaken, your sister-in-law fought one on Rhen Var four years ago." Hethra commented.
 JediMaster12
04-25-2007, 8:44 PM
((Thanks for the tip))
"Yes. Still I am curious as to why you think the one I speak of will turn on us," Alkйa replied. "Like others of his kind, they don't believe in the extremes. "
 Alkonium
04-25-2007, 11:24 PM
"Majority does not mean all. I will send your brother to Avalon to find out they know of him." Hethra replied. "Now, I have a Death Star to destroy, and you have a Grey Jedi to confront."
 JediMaster12
04-27-2007, 6:00 AM
"Rather see him," Alkйa replied softly. "It would be futile to send Komad to Avalon. I doubt the Jedi there would know anything and he will reveal on his own time."
 Alkonium
04-27-2007, 11:59 AM
"Time we don't have. In case you haven't noticed, Darth Mortis has a weapon which could destroy Coruscant, and the Republic is without a leader." Hethra replied.
 JediMaster12
04-27-2007, 1:22 PM
"Perhaps I could speak to Starlighter himself. He would know more about one of his people. He has been rather of a hermit but always open to the twins and his wife," Alkйa replied. It was a gamble since Andros was not one to get into things without evaluating options. If anything he was more like his father's temper but his mother's spirit. He certainly had her biting tongue but a thoughtful reserve. Knowing this, Alkйa continued, "Master Starlighter would probably be better. If the Republic does need help, he has the power to summon the Bushida warriors."
 Alkonium
04-27-2007, 1:27 PM
"You're right. We've already pulled in the Clone Marine Elites, but as powerful as they are, they're still just soldiers. How will you contact Starlighter?" Hethra commented.
 JediMaster12
04-27-2007, 2:36 PM
((I'm going out on a limb with this. If it is stupid just say so.))

"I know where he lives with his family. It's convincing him to step in. Perhaps a bit of the Avalonian persuasion would do it," Alkйa suggested. True most of what she learned of Master Starlighter was through the holovids and chronicles but she felt confident she could talk to him. After all he did at one point train for a short while Jayden with permission from Kyle Kattarn. Thinking still she added, "He would be convinced if the seeker uses logic. A strange thing to many but then again people say he can see things and converse with the ghosts of dead Jedi."
 Alkonium
05-06-2007, 3:11 PM
"Very well. Contact me if you find him. Goodbye, and good luck, my former apprentice." Hethra replied, leaving for the Temple Hangar. "May the Force be with you."
"I've failed the Order, the Chief of State, the Republic, and worst of all, I've failed you. How can I know I won't fail our child? I have to set things right." Komad said to Greea in their private quarters, clearly still affected by what transpired the night before.
 JediMaster12
05-07-2007, 2:05 PM
"You won't fail," Greea spoke soothingly to Komad. She could pretend to understand and she wasn't going to try. Instead, she took the stand of a Jedi, "You know that things happen for a reason, that it's the will of the Force. Still I think you have some control over what happens if you trust in it." It didn't make sense but she had to try something.

"May the Force be with you Master," Alkйa replied as she watched Hethra leave. She knew that Master Andros Starlighter was a good Jedi and he defended his sister and brothers, a promise that he made to his dead parents. She knew where to go and went through the temple to the hangar to jump into a speeder.

The journey wasn't long as Alkйa made her way to a place that was a sanctuary in the middle of the chaos of Coruscant. The garden was what made it stand out from everything else. Parking the speeder, Alkйa jumped out and began to walk through the garden towards the apartment. Along the way, she was greeted by a young man and woman, both different and yet they looked the same. She knew right away that they were the twins of Starlighter. The girl asked her, "You wish to see Father?"

Alkйa nodded and was led into the apartment where everything was open and spacious, imitating the villas that dotted the Jasilyn plains on Avalon. Sitting, facing a window was a man obviously meditating. Alkйa pondered at what to say, unaware that the twins left her alone with him. She didn't have say anything for he spoke in a gentle voice, "You have come to ask me for help haven't you?"
 Alkonium
05-07-2007, 6:02 PM
"Trust, is something quite hard to come by these days, isn't it, my love? But when we find it, we must still be wary." Komad replied. "Even if I can't avenge the Chief of State, there are other things I can do. I'm volunteering to help the Senate appoint a new Chief of State for the time being. I was hoping you would join me."
 JediMaster12
05-07-2007, 7:19 PM
"I will go with you but you must not be bent upon revenge. To seek justice with an angry heart is asking for trouble. I think Alkйa knows that well," Greea replied. "She knows how difficult it is to trust, especially with her heart."
 Alkonium
05-07-2007, 8:49 PM
"I know what revenge can do, what it can drive people to do. It can twist you, turn you into something you're not, and when you've finally claimed it, does it really right the wrong? No, you end up losing more than you gain. I'm glad I didn't kill Darth Virul, Mycaen nai Peelal, or The Assassin." Komad explained.
"Master Iazoki, are you aware of how well protected Mortis' flagship is?" Blade, leader of Gamma Squad asked.
"He isn't, but I am, and that's why you're here." Alkonium commented.
"I'm glad to have you along, old friend." Hethra said, patting Alkonium on the back.
 Alkonium
05-21-2007, 11:43 PM
"My lady, we've entered the Old Alderaan system, as has the Eclipse. We only wait for your order." A Sith Officer informed Darth Mortis of the current situation.
"The cloaking device is active, fire the EMP." Blade said to Demo from inside the TR-327 Infiltrator. "Yes sir." Demo replied, pressing a button on the helm of the ship.
 steven
05-22-2007, 6:12 PM
"Open the broadcasting waves, send a message to Coruscant, inform that of our poistion, next thing, I want three Genesis Star Destroys to depart from the fleet and travell to these coordinated," Mortis said handing the Officer a datapad "Instruct them to retrieve an weapon known as the Supernova Cannon. Once they're done bring it here, this ship has allready been fitted for this weapon so it is the best to use."

As Hethra prepared for his part of the operation, the familar voice of his nephew ringed in his head Uncle, what is your poistion? I've come to help you.
 Alkonium
05-22-2007, 6:57 PM
"My lady, these coordinates are deep within Republic space, and the odds are that the cannon has either disintegrated, or it has already been retrieved by the Republic. I strongly advise against going there." The Sith Officer replied.
We're about to board the Eclipse. We've managed to temporarily disable it long enough to board. We don't have much time. Hethra said to his nephew.
 JediMaster12
05-23-2007, 1:34 PM
"She had to watch him die though. Now she thinks that by pushing others away she can protect them," Greea responded walking with her husband.

Alkйa was stunned that he even knew her purpose but she couldn't help but ask, "How did you know?"
Andros Onasi Starlighter didn't answer but instead stood up to his full height. He turned to stare at her to reveal a fine pair of green eyes that had been tinged with the amber of his mother. He appeared to scrutinze her for a moment before saying, "Few come by choice to just talk. For years Hethra has been trying to get me to return to the Order. I just chose to live out my life in solitude. If it weren't for my children, I would have forgottent to take care of myself."
Alkйa was surprised that he revealed that much to her. She had heard the stories of how he revealed little but made others tell all. That was how he supposedly trained Jaden Korr and possibly a few other students. She chose her words carefully, "I suppose that life experiences could change one and cause them to forget."
"True but for one skilled in the Force, it can bring back unbidden things. With it you can see the future, the past, old friends long gone. Still we are not here to talk about me. You want me to come out and call forth my people again?"
"Forgive me for saying so but you have your family's gift. You are a leader. Even in the archives, Master Skywalker has said that he has never seen anyone who could inspire such loyalty. You are also, according to your people, the Son of Kings," Alkйa replied looking at the grey streaked master.
 steven
05-23-2007, 2:10 PM
"I know it's deep in Republic Space, it's why I'm sending three Star Destoryers, now do it before I decide to see you look like when thrown into the tubrolasers of my Death Star," Mortis ordered, really she was simply interested weather or not the Republic had the weapon, however this officer didn't need to know that.

Good to know, I'm allready on board, Jack replied I'll meet with you once your onboard.
 Alkonium
05-23-2007, 6:51 PM
"True, and the circumstances behind his death played a part. It's been four years, and I still can't believe that all I accomplished in attempting to save his life was get my own hand cut off." Komad commented.
"Of course, my lady." The officer replied.
"Ok. We're in. What do we do about the crew?" Blade asked.
"Find my nephew. He'll figure something out. Now, we have to get up to the bridge, kill Mortis, and fire the weapon, assuming Niner has already fitted it back onto the ship." Hethra replied.
 JediMaster12
05-24-2007, 2:25 PM
"At least you are alive and we will be able to raise our family," Greea replied. She gazed kiindly at her husband before continuing, "Still I think your sister will come around. Young Reyvan likes her and more than just a friend. Perhaps you can speak to him?"
 Alkonium
05-24-2007, 5:46 PM
"You're right, I should. But I can't. He's already left with my sister to command the fleet, and the Temple's still under radio silence until we can find that bug." Komad replied.
"Security cameras sir." Slicer pointed out to Blade.
"I believe you know what to do." Blade responded, and immediately after, Slicer fired a single shot from his blaster at the camera's lens. "Jack Iazoki should be around here somewhere."
Jack, Gamma Squad is looking for you so they can formulate a plan to deal with the crew. Where are you? Hethra asked his nephew through the Force.
 JediMaster12
05-24-2007, 7:52 PM
"Actually she was last seen talking with Hethra. I think she is going to attempt what Hethra failed to do," Greea replied knowingly.

"My mother was the Queen of Kings as my people say. She was the one who could inspire the loyatly needed. Why else do you think she succeeded during the Clone Wars to a degree?" Andros was busy with the tea. He had bidden Alkйa to sit on one of the cushions. Though he looked middle aged, he still had the spryness of his youth. That was the way of his people. He looked at Alkйa and then said, "Still I sense that this time, the Republic does need help."
"We do need help. Isn't there still some sort of alliance between Avalon and the Republic? One of those honor oaths your people uphold?" Alkйa asked in return showing that she was aware of Avalonian custom.
 Alkonium
05-24-2007, 9:14 PM
"True, but I haven't seen Reyvan since Hethra and my father left." Komad commented, already assuming the worst.
"Niner, is the weapon ready?" Hethra asked on the comm.
"Yes, Master Iazoki." Niner replied.
"Good. You've done your part, now we can do ours." Alkonium commented.
Page: 6 of 10