Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

KotOR and KotOR2 Savegame Editor (KSE) - Current Version: 3.3.3

Page: 6 of 25
 SpaceAlex
02-13-2005, 12:20 PM
Thanks. Without your KSE this game would't be so fun.
 raynor44
02-13-2005, 1:20 PM
First Thanks for such a nice editor :)

Though I got a little question, is it possible to import player model from Kotor to TSL ? I miss the look of my character from kotor
 Dak Vesser
02-13-2005, 1:24 PM
Originally posted by tk102
@Dak Vesser: I've decided rather than make Xbox users jump through a bunch of hoops of fooling KSE, I'll just release another version of KSE (tonight hopefully) that allows you manually specify the paths to your savegames.

@SpaceAlex: No problem, I just have to get on a PC that has an older version of Perl/Tk installed. That'll happen probably tomorrow.

K0ol! right on. I know that the .sig file issue is still not fully explored (By allot of people) but at least your KSE is closer to cracking it than anyother program out there.. Keep the good work. :cool:
 tk102
02-13-2005, 2:00 PM
v3.0.5 released

Especially for Xbox users, v3.0.5 allows you manually specify where the KotOR or TSL installation directory lives. Just right click on the game 'family' node (the one that says "Knights of the Old Republic" or "The Sith Lords") and you can change the path. The tree will be updated automatically.

Now because KSE has to support two games, it is particular about the files and directory structure it is expecting to find in the installation path:

\chitin.key
\dialog.tlk
\dataxbox\2da.bif
\dataxbox\templates.bif
\saves\(various save folders)\savegame.sav
\saves\(various save folders)\savenfo.res
\saves\(various save folders)\globalvars.res
\saves\(various save folders)\partytable.res

\override\(.2da files or .uti files) [OPTIONAL]

If you are an Xbox user, you will have to port these files over and place them into this structure on your PC.

Also regarding the re-signing of Xbox savegames:
KSE will generate the following .sig files when your savegame is edited:
save_headervar.sig
save_data.sig
save_info.sig
save_party.sig
save_vars.sig

However, you must preserve your original SAVE_HEADER.sig file that lives in the savegame directory, because KSE cannot regenerate that. Hence, KSE is still limited when it comes to Xbox save game editing. You should backup your entire savegame before attempting to edit it.
 damacles
02-13-2005, 3:32 PM
Originally posted by FunSolo
thanks TK, or should i say,... master? *bows down* :D

Edit: what did i see in there in "classes"?
>>> BountyHunter(CUT!!!) <<< ???

didnt even know that this class is in there and what do u mean with that cut?

With a little work, it should be possible to add the Bounty Hunter class back, if I remember correctly, it's a prestiege class. So I will pull out my D20 SWRPG guide and see what it entitles and hopefully with some help from the most excellent modders that reside here, put it back in. :)

Also I read on another topic that someone was looking to add more Bounty Hunter missions, so this may work out very well overall.

Btw tk102, thank you very much for getting the KSE: TSL out, it is appreciated, and I look forward to the future updates of it. :D
 sven10077
02-13-2005, 4:03 PM
It's more complex than that. Some things show up, others don't. Lightsabres, HK's rifle, robes, and the majority of weapons do not show. That being said mundane normal armors do.

I wonder if it has something to do with feats?
 damacles
02-13-2005, 4:08 PM
Originally posted by sven10077
It's more complex than that. Some things show up, others don't. Lightsabres, HK's rifle, robes, and the majority of weapons do not show. That being said mundane normal armors do.

I wonder if it has something to do with feats?

HK rifle does not show up? :confused:

In the KSE? It's not listed as a standard rifle, it's code is d_hk47_01, I've tried it via the editor and it shows up in game.

edit: Ahh I now know what they are talking about. For some reason, if you give yourself the item, HK's rifle for example, via the KSE, it doesn't show up in the upgrade screen but if you give yourself the item via the cheat console, it does. Most odd.
 tk102
02-13-2005, 4:51 PM
Ahh I now know what they are talking about. For some reason, if you give yourself the item, HK's rifle for example, via the KSE, it doesn't show up in the upgrade screen but if you give yourself the item via the cheat console, it does. Most odd.
Weird! I wonder what's going on behind the scenes there. What about if you drop the item and then pick it up again?
 sven10077
02-13-2005, 4:54 PM
Weird! I wonder what's going on behind the scenes there. What about if you drop the item and then pick it up again?

That did not exactly work either, as I was on Peragus and have been stripped and reacquired the items. I suspect that the majority of the items are waiting for a plot trigger to say "PC can HAVE this at all." I'll play around with it some more and see if I can help out narrowing the mechanism.
 damacles
02-13-2005, 6:19 PM

Drop the item? How do I drop an item? It gives me no such option in the item screen.

I sold HK's rilfe I added with KSE and bought it back but it still would not show on the upgrade screen.
 sven10077
02-13-2005, 6:23 PM
damacles you can drop an item by choosing to "swap" whether you are giving or taking, not that it much matters as it still does not work. Good idea on the "sell to merchant" notion though. I suspect the log may be playing a role.
 Darth333
02-13-2005, 6:30 PM
It is possible that some items will not show up: there are many "leftover" files and references to Kotor 1 stuff. I just take the example of Mission: her .utc file is still there and so is the reference to her in the apperance.2da and other files. However, her model is not there anymore. It is the same with some items: you are probably looking for an inexistent item. I had no problems adding items to my inventory.

Edit: something is weird with the item you are looking for: KT can't open the .uti, only GFF. Same thing happens with your "personal" crystal in the game adn .uti with special properties.
 damacles
02-13-2005, 8:36 PM
Ok, I have looked in every menu screen I have and I see no option to swap or drop and item, I see swap weapons but all that does is switch my weapons to my 2nd configuration.

So could someone please tell me exactly where to look for the swap option to drop items? :confused:
 tk102
02-13-2005, 10:12 PM
KSE v3.0.6 released

- Added ability to edit NPC influence levels.

In TSL games, you will now see a node named Influence under each NPC that you have recruited. Valid values are 0 to 100.
 damacles
02-13-2005, 10:51 PM
*Bows to the Master*

Thanks for all your hard work, it is greatly appreciated.

Also, have you figured out the item issue yet?
 ArmyAJ
02-13-2005, 11:29 PM
You are the best TK
 darth makaan
02-14-2005, 12:03 AM
such sweetness! keep it up
 TMPhoenix
02-14-2005, 12:12 AM
@tk102: Well I'm no expert on Perl, and I haven't looked at your source code in detail, but could the Upgrade bug be due to the fact that KSE doen't check/add for the UpgradeLevel [BYTE] field in the .uti files?

- TMPhoenix
 Mav
02-14-2005, 12:17 AM
KSE v3.0.6 released

- Added ability to edit NPC influence levels.

Ah and I just finished the game too, it'll come in handy the next time through though, awesome stuff tk, ;)
 uubergeek
02-14-2005, 7:51 AM
WOw... TK... can't thank you enough for keeping this going!
 tk102
02-14-2005, 8:18 AM
@TMPhoenix: Yes that's exactly what I was thinking when I woke up this morning. I had noticed that new field last night but I had to sleep on it to realize that's probably the issue. You see, when I add an item to your inventory, I have to transcribe the .uti template file into another gff-based format inside the savegame.sav file. KSE 3.0.6 does not currently transcribe that field... but another version will soon... and I hope that will alleviate this strangeness. :)
 FunSolo
02-14-2005, 8:45 AM
yay, thats what i was waiting for :D a big thx tk :)
 tk102
02-14-2005, 9:15 AM
@SpaceAlex and other non-English users of KSE:

I have uploaded KSEA (KSE alternate) v3.0.6 to the starwarsknights.com. You may use this version if you are having problems launching KSE. The functionality is identical but the user interface is slightly less pretty. :)
 TheMonsterOfTheIsland
02-14-2005, 11:00 AM
All Hail tk102!!!

BTW, have you figured the upgrade problem out yet?
 SpaceAlex
02-14-2005, 12:29 PM
@SpaceAlex and other non-English users of KSE:

I have uploaded KSEA (KSE alternate) v3.0.6 to the starwarsknights.com. You may use this version if you are having problems launching KSE. The functionality is identical but the user interface is slightly less pretty. :)

That's great news. Thanks. You rock!

:band1
 mrdefender
02-14-2005, 1:14 PM
I was wondering if anyone could help me... I can't seem to get the feats or force powers to show up in the TSL editor for any character...

Is there something I need to do to get them to show up? :(
 Darth333
02-14-2005, 1:20 PM
Check the box "show all feats" (or something like that) at the bottom of your screen :)
 damacles
02-14-2005, 1:22 PM
I assume you are using the latest version, right?

Hmm...you could use Kotor Tool and extract the feats.2da and spells.2da to your override directory and KSE will pull them up then.
 mrdefender
02-14-2005, 1:33 PM
lol. Yah I'm back to post I was able to get it to work. I didn't have any bif tools or any tools for that matter so I didn't know what to do lol.

Thanks for the help, trying the sg editor now :)

Keep up the goold work guys ;)
 cantus
02-14-2005, 1:57 PM
Hi tk102,

First - thanks for the great KotOR editor(s).

I am having a problem with the KSEA (alternate version). It dosn't seem to save my changes to influence?

Thanks.
 tk102
02-14-2005, 2:24 PM
Are you getting a confirmation that "game saved successfully"?

Try creating a text file in the same directory as KSEA and rename it to "kse.log". Then try performing your changes again. Email the resulting kse.log file to the email address in the kse-readme.txt.
 damacles
02-14-2005, 2:30 PM
You are hitting apply for each change then commit changes to write to file, right?
 bigdfg
02-14-2005, 3:38 PM
Originally posted by BurnsU
Just so you know TK, for TSL, when you give yourself items with the editor, they dont show up at the workbench when you want to upgrade them.

I too have this problem. I can upgrade some of the items I pick up. However I have noticed that that is also untrue as I cannot upgrade most of my items and I am on my third play of the game. "first time with KSE 3.4"

So I do not know what the deal is, and I am not complaining. I just wanted to let you know that this is not just one person with a problem.

so bottom line all of the stuff shows in my inventory, but right now I cannot upgrade anything with any work bench. :(

But thanks for the hard work tK and for getting this out so fast..

Great job.
 damacles
02-14-2005, 4:33 PM
Look at the item code in KSE and then use the console cheats giveitem command to give you that item, that one will upgrade like normal. Best you can do until tk102 figures out what's causing this issue, and rest assured, he will! :D
 cantus
02-14-2005, 6:25 PM
@damacles: Yep - I'm hitting apply and then I commit the changes. Everything looks fine until I close KSEA and then re-run it and browses to the influence - it's reverted back to the original value!

@tk102: I will create the log file and send it to you. Again - thank you for the great editors.
 Renegade Angel
02-14-2005, 6:42 PM
VERY NICE TK!

Wow.. Ive been away so long... New mods, new modders, new tools, TSL on PC...I feel like I'm 90!
 damacles
02-14-2005, 8:54 PM
Originally posted by cantus
@damacles: Yep - I'm hitting apply and then I commit the changes. Everything looks fine until I close KSEA and then re-run it and browses to the influence - it's reverted back to the original value!

@tk102: I will create the log file and send it to you. Again - thank you for the great editors.

Is the influence not changing for 1 character or all of them? If it's Kreia, then her's does that sometimes.
 J'ando
02-14-2005, 10:58 PM
I don't know if I'm the only one but for some reason I get an empty list when trying to edit feats or powers on my characters. When I check the "Show all feats/powers" box I get the "full" list but it's unscrollable. Does KSE require the feats.2da and/or spells.2da be in the override or other such folder?
 Iamme
02-14-2005, 11:01 PM
Check the box, click on a power that you already have on the root tree, then click on the base feats/forcepowers line again. It worked for me, if that doesn't I'm not sure how to help.
 juv3nal
02-15-2005, 3:00 AM
another thing that works is once you have the full list shown, just click and drag in the feat list and keep dragging down past the bottom of the box and the scrollbar will appear.
 tk102
02-15-2005, 11:52 AM
v3.0.7 released

- Fixed a major Xbox bug that prevented KSE from opening Xbox savegames. It was the fact that the .bif files needed to go into \dataxbox\ folder instead of \data\ folder. Special thanks goes to Transquillar for helping me troubleshoot this.

(Inventory upgrade fix is on schedule for v3.0.8! Coming soon!)
 ArmyAJ
02-15-2005, 1:36 PM
Awesome dude, keep up the great work, looking foward for the update.
 Bubbles
02-15-2005, 3:56 PM
Great work TK

I'm having the same problem as Cant, in that it isn't saving my influence (this is the only thing I am using the Editor for, too :P).
 Bubbles
02-15-2005, 4:11 PM
Kay... well, here's my findings in regard to INF changes.

Atton = Works everytime
Bao-Dur = Never works (Grr...)
Handmaiden = Never works
Kreia = Sometimes works
Visa = Sometimes works
 doinkers
02-15-2005, 6:02 PM
i just registered to say thanks for the effort you put into making this savegame editor

my only 2 gripes about it is the items that can be upgraded, or even been sold. its like the game doesn't register it

my other gripe is that in the inventory screen you gotta keep on clicking that plus sign for more stuff. would be nicer if we could just type the value. even better if we could select multiple items and change the amount

the fans are with you, and look forward to seeing the next release
 Closter
02-15-2005, 6:04 PM
Do changing gender work ? i try to get the handmaiden instead of disciple and it not seem to work
 doinkers
02-15-2005, 6:05 PM
love the program but items not working perfect. game seems to think of it as invisible. can't upgrade

is there any way in the inventory screen to type the value instead of clicking. big hassle especially if i want lots of stuff

:D the best program ever

p/s- i'm such a noob. accidently made a new thread instead of hitting the reply button
 NickR
02-16-2005, 6:33 AM
Nice work dude. About from the inventory upgrade bug I can only see 1 other bug left to squash.

When you highlight an inventory item and reduce the amount to 0 and press apply, the item is removed from the list but the options for that item stay on the right hand side. And so if you press apply again you get an error. A good idea would be to switch to the next highlighted inventory item.
 tk102
02-16-2005, 7:00 AM
v3.0.9 released
- Fixes inventory upgrade bug

- Fixes influence bug

Thanks for the feedback everyone! I'll try to keep improving KSE as per your suggestions.
 steinidj
02-16-2005, 7:30 AM
The link to the program dosnt work when i click it :cry6:

Is there a different location available?
Page: 6 of 25