Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

KotOR and KotOR2 Savegame Editor (KSE) - Current Version: 3.3.3

Page: 7 of 25
 MasterNe0
02-16-2005, 11:53 AM
Love the Program.

However, im having a problem with the goodevil rating.
When I give everyone 100% Good for all the NPC characters:
(Visas, Atton, Kriea, Handmaiden, Bao-Lur, and t3-m4). I picked 2 characters (like atton and Visas) and they become good, then i switch the two with (bao-lur and handmaiden) and their evil. Anyway to make them all good 100%

the savegame keep reseting them back to 0 after i load it if i changed them all.

(never knew Atton was a Sith zombie)
 tk102
02-16-2005, 11:56 AM
:doh:

Well okay I'll check that too. Man, who knew TSL would cause so many ripples in KSE? :p
 Tianhou_Zhong
02-16-2005, 11:58 AM
TK, why don't you make the editor display the item name insted the item code, it will be much easier to add new items. Thanks
 tk102
02-16-2005, 12:04 PM
It does -- just scroll the item list to the right...
 Daebryn
02-16-2005, 3:33 PM
I've notice that the game won't register name changes.

You can use KSE to change your character's name, and it will show up as the new name, but everyone in the game will still refer to you as the old name.

Also, <FullName> items won't register the name change.
 doinkers
02-16-2005, 4:17 PM
i think the game is buggy when it comes to alignment. not the editors fault. happen to me all the time. i get more light side points and atton became EVIL.

but when i reloaded he was back to good. the good/ evil rating is bugged and same goes for the inventory. i get pretty anal when my items don't stack

but tk, damn are you a fast worker. you're the obiwan to all of us

p/s- if you could somehow make the inventory to accept typing for better yet some way to max out the items that would be even better. been creating lots of upgrade items and grenades for my guys

thanks again for giving us so much, to talk rant about
 Jennaida
02-16-2005, 5:01 PM
doinkers, there's a Jedi Class with a feat/abil (forget which) that causes people opposite you to move further opposite, sure you don't have that?

and more to the point... TK, there's a bug in KSE seemingly with Handmaiden and levelling. If you try to lower her level, it won't acknowledge it, even after it says it saved successfully.

*tries to remove the class and has it freeze, tries to remove guardian and readd soldier*

Hmm. Error message on deleating/readding a class: Can't call method "get_field_ix_By_label" on unblessed refrence at kotor_savegame_editor3.0.0.pl line 2047.

Details of Error:
TK callback for .button
TK::__ANON__ at /PerlApp/Tk.pm line 247
TK::Button::butUp at /PerlApp/Tk/Button.pm line 111
<ButtonRelease-1>
(command bound to event)
 tk102
02-16-2005, 5:58 PM
@Daebryn: Interesting observation. I wonder where else the game is storing the <FullName> tokens...

@doinkers: Thanks for the kudos. I'm still investigating the GoodEvil thing. I've heard that low influence makes NPCs go GoodEvil in the opposite direction as your PC. :giveup: I don't know firsthand yet, but I'm just looking for bugs.

@Jennaida: Leveling-- when you lower her level, Handmaiden should show that she's ready to level up. Is that not the case?

For removing classes, you should never remove all the classes -- rather, edit the base class, or add a new class and then remove the base class. Or am I misunderstanding you?

@Holowan Labs: Please, before posting what you think is a bug -- try closing KSE and reopening it to see if your changes are still there. Don't open it in-game to test until after you've performed that action. TSL obviously does some strange things behind the scenes and I need to separate that behavior from pure KSE bugs. Thanks!
 MasterNe0
02-16-2005, 7:10 PM
After investigating myself, i found that it does changed after u gain either lightside or dark side causing you to make your teammates all evil if u editted them to 100% good.

it wierd, I just keep on editting it until someone figure it out.
 tk102
02-16-2005, 8:45 PM
@MasterNe0: I confirm that KSE is editing the GoodEvil value of NPCs correctly. Any changes that are occurring in-game are a result of TSL.
 doinkers
02-16-2005, 8:48 PM
honestly, i think the light/ dark npc's are bugged. i mean how can atton, handmaiden, that alien guy and t3 all become dark side when i get light points. i can't confirm this but i think it happens regardless of class. i'm always palying lightside sentinel

so for everyone else who use other class and are dark side, do your ppl become more light side as you become more dark?

wow, that sounds like crappy english
 Iamme
02-16-2005, 8:53 PM
By tk102:
I'm still investigating the GoodEvil thing. I've heard that low influence makes NPCs go GoodEvil in the opposite direction as your PC. I don't know firsthand yet, but I'm just looking for bugs.
 SpaceAlex
02-16-2005, 8:55 PM
Originally posted by doinkers
honestly, i think the light/ dark npc's are bugged. i mean how can atton, handmaiden, that alien guy and t3 all become dark side when i get light points. i can't confirm this but i think it happens regardless of class. i'm always palying lightside sentinel

so for everyone else who use other class and are dark side, do your ppl become more light side as you become more dark?

wow, that sounds like crappy english

Are you sure about that? That doesn't sound like KSE problem to me. Must be a bug in the game. But still, that never happened to me. Visas is even 100% light side. :D :rolleyes:

Or maybe you didn't talk to your NPC's enough?
 Dak Vesser
02-16-2005, 9:53 PM
Originally posted by SpaceAlex
Are you sure about that? That doesn't sound like KSE problem to me. Must be a bug in the game. But still, that never happened to me. Visas is even 100% light side. :D :rolleyes:

Or maybe you didn't talk to your NPC's enough?

It's doing that on the Xbox as well. But It's not KSE that I know.
I'm using this trainer that Dootdoo made and when It's active, the npcs go up and down all the time with the Light/Dark. It only happens when the Main Play Character is high in the light.
 doinkers
02-16-2005, 9:55 PM
i'm quite sure about the light/dark thing. i've always played sentinel or guardian. have never been a jedi master. jedi and sith masters are the ones with that influence feat.

tk made the best program in the world. i mean how else can you give the bao-dur 100 influence and go thru that whole speech thing, make him a jedi consular, then upgrade him to a jedi master and at the same time giving him 99 points for all skill level

i think we can all agree that THE GAME is bugged. been couple of times the game crash on me for no reason. just waiting for the patch to come out, and also for it to bring back my "heart of guardian" and "mantle of the force"

but here's something. when i reach the telos surface decided to use KSE_309 to get some of the heavier armors like the mandalorian types. now the problem is when i equip it on bao-dur the game crashes. is it my comp's fault or the games?
 Argonus
02-17-2005, 6:44 AM
I've noticed something wierd....Since I started using KSE, my NPCs will switch between light and dark on their own.

They all do it, except Kreia.

Now with 3.09, the game crashes by itself. Didn't do it when using 3.06. (beat the game without any editing or cheats first...this time I wanted to play around)

Not sure what is going on, First time it happened was when I was buying from a merchant. Was kinda annoying, since I made the mistake of not saving the game for a while. lol

Not sure if it's a TSL, or KSE thing...but the crashing started happening when I started using 3.09. The NPC Light/Dark has happened since I started using KSE...But doesn't really affect anything major...At least that I have seen...Altho...Handmaiden looks way better in the black then she does in the white.
 tk102
02-17-2005, 8:09 AM
@Argonus: You didn't say how you were using KSE. What did you attempt to modify?

I will begin playing this game either tonight or this weekend and try to see first hand what is occurring.

In the meantime given this type of feedback, perhaps it is best that users do not attempt to modify Influence or GoodEvil of their NPC or PC. I know KSE is writing these values correctly, however there be other fields that require auxillary updates or TSL may be doing something scriptwise.
 Argonus
02-17-2005, 8:13 AM
Originally posted by tk102
@Argonus: You didn't say how you were using KSE. What did you attempt to modify?

I was using it to mod the Attributes and the GoodEvil and Influence.

So at this point, I am thinking it may not be totally your fault, just the way that Obsidian did the GoodEvil and Influence...maybe you are missing something hidden they stuck in there.

This is the PC version by the way....Don't know if it was doing this on the XBox version (don't have an XBox)
 steinidj
02-17-2005, 11:06 AM
I finally managed to get the file from my friend.

But ofcourse nothing works with my "Ьber" Computer.

It wont start... No error Message, nothin :(

Any tips?
 tk102
02-17-2005, 11:24 AM
I see you are from Iceland. Have you tried using KSEA instead of KSE?
 steinidj
02-17-2005, 12:06 PM
I dont think so :)
Is it different?
 tk102
02-17-2005, 12:11 PM
It will say "v3.0.9 alternate" in the lower right corner. Of course if it is closing before you see anything that doesn't help you. :D The name of the .exe is kse_309a.exe (not kse_309.exe which is the standard version's name).

The reason I ask is because some non-English users have the same symptom you have when they use the standard KSE.
 steinidj
02-17-2005, 12:22 PM
Ok Thanks alot :D

You are the best :) And your editor to :)
 Warmaker
02-17-2005, 2:10 PM
Just a minor FYI to you guys out there:

Spoiler warning too, not sure... just in case:

If you use Darth Nihilus for your appearance, it's all screwed up. His animations frequently get stuck, so he's moving around without moving his legs.

It's too bad, he looks great.

Also, I tried using the "Bastila_SLAVE" file for my female's appearance. It works, but it freezes the game if there ever is a situation where you take her armor/clothing off. Whether you do it from the inventory screen or from the Handmaiden duels on Telos.

It's not a hit against the editor, it's just the way the appearance files work.
 ignorotic
02-17-2005, 2:45 PM
has anyone found any workarounds, etc, for the alignment (dark/light side) bug, so that you can play on the light side without having a party full of evil followers ?
 juv3nal
02-17-2005, 3:20 PM
regarding the influence bug:
i haven't tried it because i don't care to on my first run through the game, but have you guys encountered the same problem when setting the influence to a value less than 100%?
from what i've read here, it sounds as if the value might be "rolling over" and generating effects as if influence were the lowest value possible instead of the highest value possible.
 tk102
02-17-2005, 3:22 PM
Ooh! Nice insight. I await responses!
 Dak Vesser
02-17-2005, 4:56 PM
Originally posted by Warmaker
Just a minor FYI to you guys out there:

Spoiler warning too, not sure... just in case:

If you use Darth Nihilus for your appearance, it's all screwed up. His animations frequently get stuck, so he's moving around without moving his legs.

It's too bad, he looks great.

Also, I tried using the "Bastila_SLAVE" file for my female's appearance. It works, but it freezes the game if there ever is a situation where you take her armor/clothing off. Whether you do it from the inventory screen or from the Handmaiden duels on Telos.

It's not a hit against the editor, it's just the way the appearance files work.

That's because: Bastila doesn't have her underwear model anymore. Obsidian took out her "modela" and "texa" from the appearance.2da. Without that model, trying to un-cloth her would cause a serious "crash"
 tk102
02-17-2005, 8:47 PM
Regarding upgradable items:

It appears there are some items in templates.bif that are not upgradable that you would think would be. Example: g1_w_shortsbr02 ("Short Lightsaber") This is not upgradable. However, g_w_shortsbr02 is! That's the nature of the beast my friends -- KSE gives you the ability to add whatever items you like, but it doesn't guarantee their effectiveness. :)
 Darkkender
02-17-2005, 9:06 PM
Regarding upgradable items:

It appears there are some items in templates.bif that are not upgradable that you would think would be. Example: g1_w_shortsbr02 ("Short Lightsaber") This is not upgradable. However, g_w_shortsbr02 is! That's the nature of the beast my friends -- KSE gives you the ability to add whatever items you like, but it doesn't guarantee their effectiveness. :)

The g1_w_shortsbr02 and any other item starting with g1 would all be considered legacy items from KOTOR 1 they are all items that were part of the yavin station expansion for pc. since they didn't carry over the HOTG & MOTF crystals that might explain why they are not upgradable within the game.
 TheMonsterOfTheIsland
02-18-2005, 5:10 PM
When I improved some of my character's stats and added some feats with KSE 3.09, I encountered several bugs. Bao-Dur and Kreia would not talk to me on the Ebon Hawk, Bao-Dur didn't upgrade T3-M4, and the dual with the Handmaiden would not end. Help!!!
 Darth333
02-18-2005, 5:13 PM
Originally posted by Reggie333
When I improved some of my character's stats and added some feats with KSE 3.09, I encountered several bugs. Bao-Dur and Kreia would not talk to me on the Ebon Hawk, Bao-Dur didn't upgrade T3-M4, and the dual with the Handmaiden would not end. Help!!!
I doubt this is due to KSE. Those happened to me without using KSE.
 Buurman
02-18-2005, 5:28 PM
I'm having problems switching the gender of my PC in TSL. I wanted to change from female to male just before going to the Secret Academy to get the Handmaiden to join me there, but the game keeps referring to me as she/her in the game (during the Jedi Exile flashback for instance) and the Handmaiden won't come along, even though I've applied and saved the new gender-setting. Changing things like name and appearance worked for me, except this.

Anyway thanks for the editor, keep up the good work :)
 RedHawke
02-18-2005, 6:31 PM
Originally posted by Buurman
I'm having problems switching the gender of my PC in TSL. I wanted to change from female to male just before going to the Secret Academy to get the Handmaiden to join me there, but the game keeps referring to me as she/her in the game (during the Jedi Exile flashback for instance) and the Handmaiden won't come along, even though I've applied and saved the new gender-setting. Changing things like name and appearance worked for me, except this.
I believe this is because gender might be handled differently in this game, I have found refrences in several scripts to a global number "000_PLAYER_GENDER" you should try to see what that number is in your savegame, try messing with it instead, and see if you can recruit the Handmaiden.
 Closter
02-19-2005, 7:28 AM
But can you change de disiple for the Handmaiden whit kse i know you can get the look and even sound set but what about the talk?
 Darth Smaug
02-19-2005, 8:45 AM
When can we add feats??
 juv3nal
02-19-2005, 2:54 PM
i'm using version 304 and you can already add feats.
just check the box to "show all feats/powers"
if you're having trouble scrolling, read earlier in this thread for some workarounds.
btw some of the feats listed are choices that would never occur over the course of normal play and might cause issues.
 TheMonsterOfTheIsland
02-19-2005, 3:13 PM
Please disregard my previous post.

The bug had nothing to do with KSE, and I was able to fix it.
 Buurman
02-19-2005, 4:26 PM
Originally posted by RedHawke
I believe this is because gender might be handled differently in this game, I have found refrences in several scripts to a global number "000_PLAYER_GENDER" you should try to see what that number is in your savegame, try messing with it instead, and see if you can recruit the Handmaiden.

Thanks for the tip, I found that boolean and changed it to 0. That almost fixed everything, my PC is referred to as he/his and I'm given the small cutscene with Atris telling her other maidens that The Handmaiden has left. Yet onboard the Ebon Hawk the Handmaiden wouldn't turn up after the Jedi Exile flashback. After I changed the usual gender setting (I had it on BOTH) to MALE she did turn up, so I guess the old gender setting isn't completely useless.
 tk102
02-19-2005, 4:30 PM
Thank your taking the time to post your findings Buurman. I will not make any modifications to KSE, but rather update the readme with this information. It will be up to the end user to decide whether to change that Boolean.
 Bimmerman
02-19-2005, 10:11 PM
I did the same with my female PC- change gender using KSE to male, and changed the boolean global to the opposite of what it was normally(changed to 1 from 0 for female->male PCs) and I was able to recruit the Handmaiden. My problem now is that when I duel with her on the Ebon Hawk, despite the PC's gender(including messing with the Boolean thingy) the Handmaiden will not die and neither will my character, leading to a never ending duel with both characters at 1 HP. I do not have the Min 1 HP flag set at 1, so that is not an issue. Any help would be appreciated.
 damacles
02-19-2005, 10:46 PM
Try this, it's what I had to do in a similar situation, simply move your override folder somewhere else besides your Kotor2 directory. Load your save and try to fight then, it should work, complete the fight, save, exit, and return you override to where it should be. Now the game should work ok.

Well, at least it did for me. :D
 Bimmerman
02-19-2005, 10:49 PM
Thanks, that did it.
 DarthPsycho
02-20-2005, 4:40 AM
When I add XP to my NPC's for the Xbox, it does not work once loaded.
 tk102
02-20-2005, 6:41 AM
Please elaborate.

Do you mean the game is corrupted or that you didn't have the XP?
 DarthPsycho
02-20-2005, 6:55 AM
the save is fine, i gave mandalore 1240000 XP but I still had the same amout, I saved the changes and reloaded the save game in the editor to make sure it had saved, then I transfered it to the Xbox and the XP was not increased.
 Glycerine Queen
02-20-2005, 9:21 AM
tk102, I wanted to thank you for such a comprehensive, versatile, and fun editor.

In the spirit of improvement, I wanted to point out a slight adjustment to the alignment bug people were noticing before. Every time I adjust any attribute/skills/feats/powers on either my PC or NPCs, their alignment shifts entirely to the opposite end of my PC.

Example: My PC is at 100% lightside. I adjust Atton's DEX with KSE. If I then swap him out for Handmaiden, she's at 0 on the alignment scale, completely darkside, where previously she'd been at 100% light along with my PC. I experienced this with skills and feats/powers as well. I'm not adjusting influence or alignment with KSE, only attributes/skills/feats.

It's unfortunate, since I pretty much can't make any use of KSE anymore, since I don't want to run around as a lightside jedi with a pack of dark jedi nipping at my heels. It seems strange and hopefully fix-able that adjusting numeric attribute values and adding feats should affect alignment.

Thanks in advance for your help, and thanks again for all your hard work!
 uubergeek
02-20-2005, 11:41 AM
Well... to add a little "light" to the subject so to speak LOL... i figured this one out just now after testing... i'd already completed the light side... but just wanted to see the dark ending so i went back to before the cousil meeting and made everyone dark via KSE... well... they still showed full light in game... so this is what i did

as soon as i got a darkside point in their presence... everyone in the party (that were showing full light but had been edited in kse to full dark) immediatly went to full dark in the game

looks to me like the game has a check in there and doesn't actually convert them till you get a DSP or LSP... i haven't tested going from dark to light, but i'd venture a good guess that it is the same...

i'd highly encourage people to try to get a DSP or LSP even though they aren't showing how you have them set, and see if that fixes everything... it only changed the people in my party... so you might have to switch out a few times if you want all the people changed over...

So if you ask me, this isn't a bug in KSE at all... but a game check... just my thoughts...
 tk102
02-20-2005, 12:19 PM
Thank you for explaining more clearly the alignment bug issue. However I need to reiterate something I said on the previous page of this thread:

@Holowan Labs: Please, before posting what you think is a bug -- try closing KSE and reopening it to see if your changes are still there. Don't open it in-game to test until after you've performed that action. TSL obviously does some strange things behind the scenes and I need to separate that behavior from pure KSE bugs. Thanks!

In addition to following the above, you should try saving your new 'darkside' game in another slot and look at it with KSE. Does KSE show that your NPCs are dark? (These are subtle checks but the information from them is important.)

Finally, has anyone had issues where the NPCs had GoodEvil values of 1 and 99 (not just 0 and 100)?
 TMPhoenix
02-20-2005, 1:45 PM
I did notice that changes made to characters on the Ebon Hawk don't always stick. Maybe that could help explain some of the bugs.
Page: 7 of 25