Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

MP_Coruscant (Video)

Page: 1 of 1
 Tigris
04-10-2003, 4:41 PM
Ok, had to find some way to thank all those who helped my so far, and since no one care about readme's anymore I thought this would be way better...

Here is part1 (http://www.durahcell.de/jk2preview/beta3.part1.rar) and here is part2 (http://www.unimatrix-2.net/blubber/beta3.part2.rar) .

Had to split it up- don't have enough webspace...

You need both files and WinRAR to unpack it.
 wedge2211
04-10-2003, 5:15 PM
RAR? Awwwwww....
 The Truthful Liar
04-10-2003, 7:10 PM
And at a mere total of... 140 MB! :|
 Tigris
04-10-2003, 8:05 PM
RAR was the program that packed it up best, so I used that one. Zip and ACE both stayed at 160 MB :(

Yeah, it's a bit big, but I thought that would be better then having to guess what's on the screen ;)
 master_thomas
04-10-2003, 8:09 PM
A bit? OMG!:eek: :eek: :eek: No offense, but, ummmm, who in their right mind, who likes to conserve memory would dl that?
 Pnut_Man
04-10-2003, 8:58 PM
I'm downloading the trailer at this very moment. I do have one question though:

Weren't you working on/updating your Cantina map?
 Strider74205
04-10-2003, 9:03 PM
could we see some screenshots? i'm just on dialup so i can't d/l 140 megs without staying online for an entire weekend or so.
 Hekx
04-10-2003, 10:56 PM
Screenshots sound a lot easier...

That download would take ages even for me on 600k. :eek:

I may have a slice at it, but screenshots maybe a better idea. ;)
 Khaza
04-11-2003, 5:27 AM
Next time you really should try using lower resolution, 320x240 or 512x368 and higher compression, also I would have liked to see map in real colors :)

... and now for the map :D Central area seemed "little flat" also I would have liked to see few planes at the sky and definetly more ads (I loved those neon colors they had in ep2 :))
 Tigris
04-11-2003, 8:40 AM
@Pnut_Master: Yeah, I'm working on the Cantina too, but wanted to try to make a nice CTF-map too.

@Strider&Hиkx: I'll see to that, just need to make some slight adjustments first.

@Khaza: Was part of my original plan, but after uploading this HIGH-Quality Trailer I ran out of webspace... So much for the smaller version...

The central area got more details already, hope I can put even more in it. About the planes- I have some nice plans for the skybox and some movable objects, but first I want do add some more details- I'm thinking about a Taxi actually flying through the level ;)
I'll see if I can do some more ads- problem is that they'll boost the pak-size. The level-file itself (with the textures etc) is already 16 MB big, so I'm not sure if I really want it to be boosted even more- but I'll consider it :)
 Eldritch
04-11-2003, 5:29 PM
I have to say, I'm a bit dissapointed. When I saw Coruscant I was a little excited, because there have been no good Coruscant maps made yet (with the exception of Coruscant Promenade, which was excellent). But the video preview I downloaded didn't look like Coruscant to me. I saw a temple which reminded me of Yavin, and a building and courtyard-type area that looked more like Bespin, especially with the textures used.
Maybe it's because the video wasn't in color, was half-filled with trippy effects and I couldn't get a decent look at it, but it just doesn't scream Coruscant, even with the billboard.
 Pnut_Man
04-11-2003, 5:46 PM
I was admit that I was expecting some huge "Coruscant Promenade". But considering that this is CTF I can understand.

I did like those pods in that one building, are those combat simulators by any chance?
 Tigris
04-11-2003, 7:22 PM
Pnut: Good eyesight :) EDIT: Games with such a cool athmosphere as the X-Wing series must have some nice representives in JK2 ;) Actually I'm thinking about perhaps doing one of the above mentioned ads by putting a nice animation in the simulator room, just am thinking about how I do it without the 200 frames to make it look interessting... But I am confident that I'll find some way :)

Yeah, one thing I really DO lack is a good skybox (means sky) for Coruscant- the one you currently see is a normal Hoth-Screen. I already searched for a good one, but I personally do not think of Coruscant as the planet which is shown in Episode I & II. If you ever saw the Coruscant Displayed in Tie-Fighter and the early SW-Games you would see a darker- creepier place which, opposed to the sand brown and silver theme in EP 1/2 is mostly black-grey. Nice Trailers of this theme can be found at SciFi3D (http://www.theforce.net/scifi3d). The problem is that I hace specific things I want this skybox to have, but lack the money and knowledge to get a 3D-proggy and model it myself. I tried to find someone experienced or someone doing a coruscant-scene that could make the six shots required on the side for me, but I haven't found anyone. Logically no one wants to invest 40+ hours in a scene only to fulfill a mappers desire for some 6 shots you need...

Hopefully before betatesting though I'll find a way around this problem, so that you at least have a better background. Hopefully then the rest of the map won't seem out of place as it is now...
 Kengo
04-12-2003, 4:03 PM
Originally posted by Tigris
I already searched for a good one, but I personally do not think of Coruscant as the planet which is shown in Episode I & II. If you ever saw the Coruscant Displayed in Tie-Fighter and the early SW-Games you would see a darker- creepier place which, opposed to the sand brown and silver theme in EP 1/2 is mostly black-grey.

Mind you, the Coruscant you see in Ep I & II was in the days of the Old Republic, wheras the Coruscant you see in Tie Fighter and other SW games released before the latest films was Coruscant when it was the Capital city of the Empire (wasn't it renamed Empire City or something). You'd expect the Imperial capital Coruscant to have a much darker and more foreboding look to it than it did the free days of the Old Republic. Actually, an Imperial Coruscant isn't a map we've seen yet in JO as far as I know, and would be great!
Page: 1 of 1