Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Getting to know each other

Page: 19 of 27
 Hallucination
08-19-2007, 11:42 PM
You really have too much free time. :p
It's not me, it's the intarvebz. It's very productive for a system of tubes. o_Q
 Weave
08-20-2007, 12:24 AM
Name: Well... let's put it this way... whenever I meet someone for the first time... and I tell them my name... their first reaction is:
"LuKE!!! I aM YoU'Re FaThU!!!"
And usually... I end of using my sharp-tongue ;) ... I make BAD first impressions :lol:

Occupation: Currently... I'm a sound techie (I also help my friend with his DIY recording studio)... I also do gardening, construction work, and various other small, periodic jobs to make money... But now that school's started... I work a LOT on the weekends and a small bit after school.

Languages: I get by with my puny spanish vocab and my somewhat rudimentary Italian... English is my first though...
 Arcesious
08-20-2007, 8:41 AM
So...

My name's Dan, and I'm 15. And i am not going to tell you my socila security number and email address like some idiot though. :p
I live in Colorado.
My first language is english, and i know a little bit of spanish- just enough to recite say 1-100 in spanish, say about a couple dozen spanish verbs and other stuff.... I know just barely enough to say this: 'Yo no Hablo Mucho Espanol' (translation: I don't know tons of Spanish) Even then, that might be bad spnish grammer and i may have translated the word mucho wrong. should i have said Moy instead of mucho? ah, whatever. I personnally think that if mexicans come into our country they should learn our language, and visa versa. But then i have an idea- An International Translator, meant to translate any languge a person in speaking. You put them in your ears- like a couple of tiny headphones, and it translates a person's voice, tone, accent, and accounts for any and alll grammmtical and pronunciational mistakes. It only is effective if both people of two different languages both have it, but if only one person has one, there's still a mess of understanding problems.
To me, when i see people speaking spanish, it's like they're talking at a hundred MPH, but to them, my english is the same speed unless they know english well. But enough of that.
I am a die-hard starwars fan. I love starwars and all it's concepts. i have an old computer and a lowly XBox that con't paly any of the newer, nicer games.
I am currently unable to make any money until next summer, which is when my parents will actually let me get a job, cause there's some stupid 'underaged' working law where i live. I'm almost 16, and that law still applies to me, whihc is dumb! but i make what money i can from Christmas and Birthdays and the rare times i get to mow a person's lawn or something still.
My hobbies are Football and Gaming pretty much. i'm just an average american guy.
My occupation is goign to school.
I am a Christian.
I like to write fan fiction, although i haven't finished on what i'm writing yet, so i haven't posted it on this site yet for everyone to see.
Um... i dunno what else to say, except that i came up with the Arcesious name after watching Lord or the rings and having the favorite character is Aragon or whatever his anme was- not the aragon form that other movie. And going to school and hearing of some greek god guy called artemis, and i combined those two and came up with Arcesious.
 REDJOHNNYMIKE
08-20-2007, 9:40 AM
But then i have an idea- An International Translator, meant to translate any languge a person in speaking. You put them in your ears- like a couple of tiny headphones, and it translates a person's voice, tone, accent, and accounts for any and alll grammmtical and pronunciational mistakes. It only is effective if both people of two different languages both have it, but if only one person has one, there's still a mess of understanding problems.
Yeah, God made one of those, it's called a brain.

Welcome though:D
 Arcesious
08-20-2007, 9:54 AM
An international trnaslator would save peple from having to leanr a different language though. But right now, i like my brain ovr any translator. :p
 REDJOHNNYMIKE
08-21-2007, 12:28 AM
I prefer leanring with my brain ovr any trnaslator too:lol:
 Alexander the Great
09-08-2007, 8:01 PM
Real Name: Gotham (Though I'm sometimes known as Shaama Laama Ding Dong)
Birthday: November 7, 1993
Music: Bob Dylan, Modest Mouse, the Arcade Fire, Death Cab for Cutie, Ben Folds, the Shins, Elliott Smith, the Beatles, and many others of the sort.
 The Padawan
09-08-2007, 11:54 PM
Name: Josй Federico

Hobbies: gaming, music, soccer, volleyball, baseball and Star wars duh!

Favorite Music: Pink Floyd, The Doors, Rata Blanca, heavy metal and speed metal.

Favorite Games: Kotor series, Elder Scroll series, Total War series and a few more games.

Heritage: wow… Bask, Spanish, German and Italian.
 Samurai DD
09-09-2007, 11:23 AM
Pleased to meet you! But, isn't it "Basque" instead of "Bask" in English?
 The Padawan
09-09-2007, 1:48 PM
Pleased to meet you! But, isn't it "Basque" instead of "Bask" in English?

Yah ... my bad, english is not my first language ...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Basque_people)
 Rev7
09-16-2007, 2:24 AM
Name: Daniel

there is Not much more about me, so lets just leave it at that. Kapeesh??
 REDJOHNNYMIKE
09-16-2007, 1:54 PM
Howdy all...

Hey Rev, I'm going out on a limb here, but is your name by any chance short for Revan?
:xp:
 Jae Onasi
09-16-2007, 3:44 PM
I prefer leanring with my brain ovr any trnaslator too:lol:

:rofl:

Welcome to all the new people! :)
 Rev7
09-16-2007, 3:56 PM
Thanks for the warm welcome Jae and REDJOHNNYMIKE.
 Hando
09-16-2007, 4:03 PM
Hi, I'm Hando. HandoKinral on the Kotor FileFront site. I got my name from the random generated name in KOTOR. I'm new to these forums and modding, but I've been working on my skills.
 Rev7
09-16-2007, 4:10 PM
Hello Hando!! I am new here too!!
 Hando
09-16-2007, 4:14 PM
Hi there Rev7.
 Tysyacha
09-25-2007, 10:27 AM
Name: Amy, a.k.a. Tysyacha Dvukh (3 fanfiction incarnations--the Jedi Exile, Darth Vader's vulnerable and unfortunate servant, and Luke Skywalker's latest apprentice)

Age: 28 (I just turned 28 today, and so far, I'm lovin' it!)

Location: USA, although I love everything Russian except Russian Communism

Disabilities: Cerebral palsy, two left feet, chronic weirdness, addiction to Pepsi

Living Heroes: Yeshua (Jesus), Jimmy Carter, George Lucas, my family and friends

Dead Heroes: Mahatma Gandhi, Siddhartha Gautama (Buddha), Lincoln, Kennedy, Martin Luther King, Jr., Casimir Pulaski, my grandma (1907-1999)

Favorite 10 Authors: Dostoevsky, Solzhenitsyn, Ayn Rand, Yevgeny Zamyatin, Nathaniel Branden, Stephen King, Philip Roth, Karen Traviss, machievelli, Jae Onasi :)

Three Wishes: True love, inner peace, and joy in everyone's lives

Philosophy: Eclectic

Hobbies: Playing computer games (NWN and KOTOR especially), reading, watching TV, writing, eating out, going to movies, blogging, hanging out, church, sleeping, petting my cat Sasha

Blog: http://tysyacha.livejournal.com/)
 Boba Rhett
09-25-2007, 3:55 PM
Birthday!? :eek:

Well happy birthday, Amy! Why no thread proclaiming this good news?
 Darth333
09-25-2007, 4:10 PM
Birthday!? :eek:

Well happy birthday, Amy! Why no thread proclaiming this good news?
There is one now :D
 Jae Onasi
09-25-2007, 4:45 PM
Whoa, being in the same list of authors as Dostoevsky is just 'wow!', Tysy. :)

Welcome to you (a bit belatedly! :D ), Rev7, and Hando. :)
 Rogue Nine
09-25-2007, 5:12 PM
Bet you'd rather not be grouped with Rand, Jae. :xp:
 Jae Onasi
09-25-2007, 5:13 PM
You'll notice I cheerfully avoided mentioning her name.... :D
 Emperor Devon
09-25-2007, 7:49 PM
Favorite 10 Authors: ...Ayn Rand...

Oooh! You like her work too? I thought I was the only one! (Who hadn't gone Objectivist anyway...)

Edit: Say, in light of your new custom title an avatar would be very fitting, yes?
 SkywalkerRules
10-11-2007, 10:17 AM
Hello, my good people!

Name: Porche'
Personality: Shy, Funny, Easygoing, Kind
Hobbies: Drawing, Swimming, hangout with friends, playing video games, reading, music
Likes: Meeting new people, friends, family, imagine things, cheering everyone up, Star Wars :D
Dislikes: Meanies, people being sad
About me: Just a nice teenage girl trying to make it to college. I really want to go to an Art College when I grow up too. Luke Skywalker, Corran Horn, and Cade Skywalker are my favorite charcaters, along with Leia, Darth Talon, and Yoda.
So far, I'm an honor student. Drawing is my thing, and I LOVE ghost stories! I'm also glad that I'm here to share my fanfics and roleplays with you all. This forum is a great place to be. And I thank each and every one of you. Everyone here is like family, no matter who you are. :)
 Pavlos
10-11-2007, 11:44 AM
Oooh! You like her work too? I thought I was the only one! (Who hadn't gone Objectivist anyway...)

Edit: Say, in light of your new custom title an avatar would be very fitting, yes?

Until you sit down and read your Dostoyevsky I refuse to allow you to pass judgement on anything... anything.
 Meowster
10-11-2007, 7:58 PM
Hello wonderful people of Ahto.

Name: Meowster will suffice for now.

Hobbies: Gaming, Star Wars, some Soccer, Drawing, reading and writing.

Dislikes: Urgh...spammers? People who are mean because they want to be?

And I guess thats enough for now. :)
 Rev7
10-11-2007, 9:05 PM
Welcome Meowster!!
 Meowster
10-11-2007, 9:44 PM
Welcome Meowster!!

Thanks! I think I'm gonna like it here.
 Boba Rhett
10-11-2007, 9:57 PM
Hi, I'm Rhett. I'm mean because I want to be.

*pushes Meowster on the shoulder* :carms:

I keeeed, I keeed. ;) Welcome to the forums.
 Rev7
10-11-2007, 10:07 PM
I think I'm gonna like it here.
Well, whats not to like?
 Meowster
10-11-2007, 10:16 PM
*Rubs shoulder* Ouch. Thanks Boba Rhett! :)
Well, whats not to like?

I dunno...just my first experience on forums. People who like Star Wars, KotOR, modifications, fan fiction, roleplaying, and wonderful people. Heh. Guess your right.
 Rev7
10-11-2007, 10:22 PM
This is my first experience on the forums too. :) Just don't be surprised if you get called a geek. Generally everybody on this network is a geek. Other than that just mind your manners. :)

***** [playfully] slaps Rhett on the back of the head for no reason*****:) :p
 lukeiamyourdad
10-11-2007, 10:28 PM
some Soccer

High school girl

I like what I'm reading :)

Welcome to you both!
 Meowster
10-11-2007, 10:37 PM
Alright then. I'll be sure to mind my manners...and not to spam.

Just kidding! I'm not a spammer! :xp:

And thanks lukeiamyourdad.
 Rev7
10-11-2007, 10:46 PM
I'll be sure to mind my manners...
Good:p
have a good time on the forums. :)
 Emperor Devon
10-11-2007, 11:15 PM
Ooooh... Fresh meat!
 SkywalkerRules
10-12-2007, 8:00 AM
Thanks, lukeiamyourdad! And welcome to the forums, Meowster. Enjoy! :)
 Negative Sun
10-12-2007, 8:25 AM
Ooooh... Fresh meat!
Let's put them to work!
I hear they're looking for fresh ones down in the spice mines.
 JoeDoe 2.0
10-12-2007, 10:13 AM
Hello wonderful people of Ahto.

You must have us confused with somebody else :xp:

Welcome to the forums dudes! (and dudettes?)
 SkywalkerRules
10-12-2007, 12:01 PM
Yep! That's what I am. A dudette. Although I've been here for a while, I just wanted to introduce myself. :D
 HerbieZ
10-14-2007, 5:47 PM
Well HElllooooooooooooooo there!
 Boba Rhett
10-14-2007, 5:57 PM
Down, boy. Down.

*sprays Herbs with the hose*
 Hallucination
10-14-2007, 6:00 PM
'Ello new Meowster and SkywalkerRules!
*spray Herbs with the hose*
Hawt.
 Jason Skywalker
10-15-2007, 7:14 AM
Welcome everyone! The name's Jason by the way. Stay away from Herbie but when you hear what i have to say, you'll understand.
 Bee Hoon
10-15-2007, 7:32 AM
HerbieZ= :brow:

Kidding!:p
 GAMER_NOW
10-15-2007, 7:26 PM
I'm me, or at least I hope so.

My first name is Tyler, and anyway, I'm 15 and don't like swearing. I'll try to be active, but school makes that a bit hard. BTW, I like the smilies.
 Rev7
10-15-2007, 9:58 PM
Welcome GAMER_NOW! Good hunting on the forums!
 Serpentine Cougar
10-16-2007, 10:10 AM
Name: Chris
Interests: Video games! reading, art, stories, creativity
Favorite Music: Linkin Park, Breaking Benjamin, Within Temptation, and some punk rock and rap as well
Favorite Games: Warcraft 3, KotoR, FFX, Jak 2, Nox, and many more...
Favorite Star Wars Episode: #1: The Phantom Menace
Favorite Star Wars Time Period: The Old Republic!
Deep dark secret: I like Broccoli (if it's cooked right)

I actually haven't beaten KotoR 1 yet (*gasp* Yoda forbid!); I'm playing it with my sister (she actually just watches, though) and we don't get around to doing it often. We play it for a few hours each day for a few days in a row, but then for some unknown reason we just stop. It's like the game is just too good - we can only handle such perfection in small doses!

I think KotoR has the best voice acting I've ever seen (er, heard) in a video game. :D
 Rev7
10-16-2007, 6:26 PM
Welcome, Welcome Serpentine (Chris)!!!! Have a great time on the forums! :)
Page: 19 of 27