Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Star Wars - Shadows of the Empire

Page: 4 of 5
 christos200
09-29-2010, 1:12 PM
in the Tantive IV do you see princes leia ?
 harIII
09-29-2010, 2:00 PM
No, but there is a chance that the player will be able to see several of the Star Wars trilogy characters later on.
 christos200
09-30-2010, 6:49 AM
is it going to be fully voiced ?
 storm-rider
10-01-2010, 5:11 PM
what game is this a coversion mod for?
will the combat system be changed? if so, how?
will anything else be changed other than the story and area's?
 Forogorn
10-01-2010, 6:55 PM
Very lovely update, I like where it's going, seems like so much potential.
 harIII
10-01-2010, 7:02 PM
storm-rider

what game is this a coversion mod for?
will the combat system be changed? if so, how?
will anything else be changed other than the story and area's?

1. This is going to be for TSL since it has better models, powers, and animations overall.
2. If we can break it we will change the fighting system. The fighting system that we're talking about changing are the Space Battles which will simply give you a little more control over the npc rather than just being fixed in one spot.
3. We will be adding new systems that will make the game seem a whole lot more like we're in reality. Anything more I'm not going to say until we have them fully functioning and when I do we'll have mod casts of them.
 harIII
10-04-2010, 5:24 PM
Ok, time for a new update. I've been working hard on trying to get get some more modules done for Mygeeto and I know that Dak Drexl has been working on a special surprise for Mygeeto that we'll announce later on.

But anyway, here is the new module I've been working on; the Company Building. Also please note that the screenshot of the company logo that says Microsoft is a temporary skin, it will be changed once we figure out the name and logo.

http://c.imagehost.org/0989/company2.jpg)
http://c.imagehost.org/0541/company3.jpg)
http://c.imagehost.org/0576/company4.jpg)
http://c.imagehost.org/0453/company5.jpg)
http://c.imagehost.org/0879/company6.jpg)
 Darth Payne
10-04-2010, 5:42 PM
Eeeeeewwwwww...

You included the ultimate evil? (Temperary though it might be.)
 harIII
10-04-2010, 7:06 PM
lol, well like I said, it's only temporary...
 Dak Drexl
10-04-2010, 7:38 PM
Dak Drexl has been working on a special surprise for Mygeeto that we'll announce later on.

It's nothing extraordinary, it's going to be pretty neat I think :thmbup1: Definitely something new.

http://c.imagehost.org/0989/company2.jpg)

At the beginning of the tunnel, the first little bit of the texture looks stretched. Nothing major at all, but watch out! :p

Looks great as usual.
 harIII
10-04-2010, 7:50 PM
Well you know what, that's actually a mistake on my part. Believe it or not i accidentally forgot to do a uvmap on that shape :migraine:
 Zhaboka
10-04-2010, 10:35 PM
The cylindrical/circular room with the thingy hanging down (so descriptive, I know) is really cool looking! Also, I think you really nailed the bureaucratic look quite well. Can't wait for more!
 harIII
10-04-2010, 10:50 PM
Thanks, i appreciate that. The only thing I don't like is that it takes a while to get good looking models made.
 Quanon
10-12-2010, 2:19 PM
Some sweet stuff you got going on HarIII, looks like you made quiet some progress :)
Really happy to see your getting great at 3D modelling.

Keep it up! Loved the buildings on the platform very cool shapes! I'm jealous I didn't made that :lol:
 harIII
10-12-2010, 6:10 PM
Coming from you I'm honored my work is of a similar quality of the areas I know you've made. Now if I can just get the remaining 50 - 60 modules done I'll be good...:migraine:
 Sithspecter
10-12-2010, 7:56 PM
Now if I can just get the remaining 50 - 60 modules done I'll be good...:migraine:

Trust me, it's going to be far easier to reskin or reduce. 50-60 newly modeled modules is realistically not going to happen. If you want to complete this mod, don't be too ambitious, it can destroy a project. Some wise words would be to start with a stand-alone area release, then work your way up.
 harIII
10-12-2010, 9:27 PM
Advise well taken, as for now I'm working on one planet at a time as far as the area work. Should the time come I'll consider replacing new areas with old ones such as replacing Utapau with Onderon or something.
 redrob41
10-13-2010, 12:02 AM
At the beginning of the tunnel, the first little bit of the texture looks stretched. Nothing major at all, but watch out! :p

that's a tunnel? I thought it looked like an MRI or CT scanner :lol:. Without a character for scale, I guess its easy for viewers to make that kinda mistake.

Looking good though :thumbsup:
 harIII
10-13-2010, 12:17 AM
To be honest, I'm not even sure what it is.:tng1: I just made something that I thought looked pretty cool, so far I'm imagining it as a kind of computer archive area or something, maybe even a testing tunnel.
 Nick Vader
10-13-2010, 8:38 AM
Haven't been here in quite a while...

The area looks awesome har! Great work so far, and I can see a beta coming up!!!:thmbup1:
 Quanon
10-14-2010, 1:56 PM
To be honest, I'm not even sure what it is.:tng1: I just made something that I thought looked pretty cool, so far I'm imagining it as a kind of computer archive area or something, maybe even a testing tunnel.

:lol: The coolest stuff often gets made that way in an area. I often have empty spots that need somesort of "filler". And of you go with a cube... and 15minutes later you have a odd shape... but, then you think, what the h*ll it supposed to be x-D

The only advice I can give you is to look up some tutorials or info about rendering. Your shots could use some more real lights, then the standard 3D view from 3Ds Max offers. I know I often go overboard with the whole Mental Ray thing in my own shots :lol:

But, it'll make things more clear how your area works/ looks, plus rendering is just another awesome part of 3D :)

You need patience though, it can take up to 5minutes to get a picture; mind that it is one of high quality then, big resolution, antianiliasing stuff and all... a heck getting carried away here :lol:

Continue on! Ignore my madness :D
 harIII
10-21-2010, 5:19 PM
As of now the main thing on my mind is to figure out how to export the d$-n thing. Still can't figure out how to get the walkmesh up.
 newbiemodder
10-21-2010, 5:36 PM
explain your problem with the walkmesh
 harIII
10-24-2010, 8:01 PM
Well I follow Quannon's tutorial on how to make an area exactly (or at least I think I do, otherwise I wouldn't be having my problems). I go through the process, export, and then open it up with KAurora. My problem occurs when I try to open it, the walkmesh box is red rather than green. I've tried to redo it many times but I've yet to get it right.
 storm-rider
10-25-2010, 4:52 AM
a truly awesome looking mod, a definate download, how many hours of play will this game give?
 LDR
10-25-2010, 5:44 AM
About the size of 3-4 Endar Spires.
 Quanon
10-25-2010, 8:20 AM
Well I follow Quannon's tutorial on how to make an area exactly (or at least I think I do, otherwise I wouldn't be having my problems). I go through the process, export, and then open it up with KAurora. My problem occurs when I try to open it, the walkmesh box is red rather than green. I've tried to redo it many times but I've yet to get it right.

One of my video tutorial or a written one?

I'm not sure what I said or written about walkmeshes... They seem to be one of the more harder parts to do right, when people start to do their own areas.

God, I should really redo those tutorials. asap. x-D
 harIII
10-25-2010, 10:18 AM
storm-rider - What LordDeathRay said about the Endar Spire may be what will come out in the Beta version. That actual mod will be around the same amount of game play as you see in TSL or more.

Quannon - The one I followed is a video tutorial, it's part of a series of tutorials you made (roughly 13 videos I think). Is that the one I should follow or do you have a different one that would be better to use.
 christos200
10-25-2010, 1:23 PM
what? tsl is almost 34 hours gameplay. this mod will have more gameplay?
 Quanon
10-25-2010, 2:48 PM
Quannon - The one I followed is a video tutorial, it's part of a series of tutorials you made (roughly 13 videos I think). Is that the one I should follow or do you have a different one that would be better to use.

Mmm, at this point the videos are the best tutorials I have online. Though it seems Part13 has a broken link to it. Infact I need to re-upload that bit. But I can't find it anywhere on my PC :(

But, to anwser your question: My way of making areas has changed over time, more experience by doing and stuff... it's that I need to redo those videos.

I think I could do better to explain it all, give better and more indepth information about, well everything involved with area modelling.

These old videos are good enough if you got a small area, once you go to say regular or big sizes, then... well then it won't work aswell :-S

I'll shall do my best to create some new vids up.
 harIII
10-25-2010, 3:35 PM
christos200 - We intend to make the main plots have multiple possibilities during a play through. For example for Taris in KOTOR. You will go from the apartments to escaping the planet. Option A maybe working with the gangs in the lower city, option B could be infiltrating the Sith, and Option C might be joining the exchange. You will start out at the apartments, take on of 3 paths, and then escape Taris. This means that you can play through the game three times and each time it will be different.
 christos200
10-30-2010, 5:29 AM
i have a question. in tsl if you were dark side you get the wookie bounty hunter and if you are light side you get mira. is there going to be something like that in this mod?
 harIII
10-31-2010, 5:45 PM
kind of, one companion, a droid, you can actually choose which one to purchase, and another, a kind of semi-apprentice, will be selected by gender.
 darthdan11
10-31-2010, 7:19 PM
kind of, one companion, a droid, you can actually choose which one to purchase, and another, a kind of semi-apprentice, will be selected by gender.

Kind of like in K1 where you can choose to buy HK-47 and in K2 when you either get handmadian or deciple?
 Dak Drexl
10-31-2010, 8:24 PM
Kind of like in K1 where you can choose to buy HK-47 and in K2 when you either get handmadian or deciple?

Actually, you get to choose your droid companion out of three that are available for purchase. They will have different skill sets and abilities. Pretty cool if you ask me, it makes the experience more personal.
 Slstoev
11-01-2010, 12:52 AM
Too bad R2-D2 isn't part of those 3 droids.
 salam263
11-20-2010, 8:53 AM
so how are things going with this project?
 harIII
11-20-2010, 9:37 AM
The project is still alive and kicking. Right now I'm focused on fixing some old bugs that were recently brought to my attention, so far the Tantive IV is complete (it is still being tested). Now I'm going to run through the Devastator and fix everything in there.

Just throwing it out there, it has been decided that we are adding... (breath)... the planet Ansion along with two new companions. The setting will be a small city located out in the middle of a huge plain and the time of day will be sunset
 bead-v
11-20-2010, 11:23 AM
That sounds awesome.
 harIII
11-20-2010, 11:28 AM
Got a quick question for the community. As everyone probably knows each Jedi class has a special Force Power such as Force Camouflage or Pain Resistance (think that's the name). How would the community feel if the pc had access to every ability not through a simple level up but by performing tasks or completing training which will open your mind to these powers?
 Darth Crados
11-20-2010, 11:47 AM
Got a quick question for the community. As everyone probably knows each Jedi class has a special Force Power such as Force Camouflage or Pain Resistance (think that's the name). How would the community feel if the pc had access to every ability not through a simple level up but by performing tasks or completing training which will open your mind to these powers?

I think that's a great idea. The training part also fits well with the SW universe feeling.
It sounds very nice to me :thmbup1:
 Slstoev
11-20-2010, 2:01 PM

This is an awesome idea indeed. Now my Jedi Master/or whatever (since you start out as a bad guy doing his job) can go haywire on all the enemies.
Can you also add the force jump attack for the training so I can melee rush my enemies?
 harIII
11-20-2010, 2:33 PM
Essentially I can, but it will all be obtained probably through training experiences. Though I do think that your alignment will play a role in what powers you do get. Such as a Jedi class will have all the powers of the Force Sensitive and Jedi classes and a Sith might have all the powers of the Force Sensitive and Sith classes.

This may change however on how they are obtained and what can be obtained but essentially every power will be accessible.
 salam263
11-20-2010, 3:08 PM
That's GREAT! :)
 Zhaboka
11-20-2010, 8:41 PM
Awesome idea, go for it! Expanding Prestige-class powers is always a good thing...

How do my VOs sounds, by the way?
 Dak Drexl
11-20-2010, 9:17 PM
Just throwing it out there, it has been decided that we are adding... (breath)... the planet Ansion along with two new companions. The setting will be a small city located out in the middle of a huge plain and the time of day will be sunset

Just to whet your appetites for screenshots, here are a few quick pics of one area of Ansion. Khoonda, which is an Imperial base, and the plains. You can also see the new sunset skybox...

http://d.imagehost.org/t/0041/K2_00002.jpg) (http://d.imagehost.org/view/0041/K2_00002)
 harIII
11-20-2010, 10:51 PM
The VOs are excellent Zhaboka, top notch.
 Zhaboka
11-21-2010, 3:00 PM
Woah, that reskin is awesome, Dak! Sublimely simple and pretty.

Thanks, HarIII, they were fun to do.
 redrob41
11-21-2010, 7:17 PM
Just to whet your appetites for screenshots, here are a few quick pics of one area of Ansion. Khoonda, which is an Imperial base, and the plains. You can also see the new sunset skybox...

http://d.imagehost.org/t/0041/K2_00002.jpg) (http://d.imagehost.org/view/0041/K2_00002)

The sun seems kinda high in the sky for a sunset. The colours are quite nice though - they look calm, not angy.

The reason why our sky turns red, is because at a low angle, the beams of light are passing through more of the atmosphere. This means that more particles of matter (pollution) in the atmo are blocking the light beams, so only the longer wavelengths (red end of spectrum) get through. The same effect can happen at any time of the day, depending on the level of pollution in the area. Smoggy cities, or smoke from forest fires can also cause this.

In a Star Warsy planet, perhaps this planet just naturally has more floating debris in the air?

This concludes my psuedo science lesson for the day :xp:
 Nick Vader
11-22-2010, 10:03 AM

I think that's probably the most innovative idea around force powers I've ever heard or could think of ! :thmbup1:
Page: 4 of 5