Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Star Wars - Shadows of the Empire

Page: 3 of 5
 Trench
06-09-2010, 9:34 PM
Sounds cool to me. Do it nau. :xp:
 harIII
06-14-2010, 7:58 PM
---UPDATE---
Tantive - 100% Complete
Executor - 75% Complete, 6/6 Side quests 100% complete
Slehayron - Main Plot 100% Complete, 4/5 side quests 100% complete
Ardent Phoenix - 15% Complete
Yavin IV - 75% Complete

These are the planets that I've been focusing on lately. I might be even expanding the beta version to cover all 5 locations.
 LDR
06-14-2010, 8:32 PM
I can't wait for the beta! And you're going through this quickly! Don't rush like Obsidian!
 harIII
06-17-2010, 7:30 PM
Got it in mind DeathRay, I was actually very disappointed in TSL and couldn't really believe that The Sith Lords was really what came out. I have big plans with the final produce of SOTE and additional things that will happen throughout the game to give it a more real life feel to it.

The main reason why I'm flying right now is because I'm out for Summer Vacation and still can't find a job... why me, WHY ME!!!
 Doctor-Hal
06-17-2010, 8:39 PM
Ah, the consummate joys of the jobless oppressed once more yield fiery ambrosia upon the mortal realms.

(Translated): Very awesome work. I'll be downloading the beta as soon as it comes out.

:P
 Viado Onasi
06-17-2010, 9:44 PM
This is for KotOR II TSL correct?
It looks like it's gonna be about as good as Brotherhood of Shadow: Solomon's Revenge!
 harIII
06-21-2010, 8:35 PM
Yes, TSL has better models and stuff to play with than KOTOR.

I'd like it to be but that will be very difficult to match. But I can definately asure you that it will be of a higher quality than the Jedi Masters (no offense to the modders on that project).
 Nick Vader
06-22-2010, 4:11 PM
Haven't been here in a while. Great work there harIII. You've made huge progress.:thmbup1:
 harIII
06-22-2010, 6:40 PM
It's not going to be too much longer before I'm going to need a bunch of voice actors for the beta version (first two locations; the Tantive IV and the Devestator). I'll need both male and female as well as somebody who can create Stormtrooper voices. If anyone is interested please PM me some details about your voice such as age, gender, and what personalities they can very accurately make such as light side or dark side.
 darth trea
06-23-2010, 10:33 PM
that sounds sweet i really want that mod it sounds like its in the realm of brotherhood of shadow solomons revenge
sweet
 Disturbed205
06-23-2010, 11:35 PM
I love it, I feel that new modules add so much gameplay experience. It doesn't matter how good the story or gameplay is, it still lacks something within old reskinned modules.
 Nick Vader
06-24-2010, 12:41 PM
I'd like a progress report, and a spoiler with what the beta will contain. (How much of the plot, quests, etc.)

WAITING FOR THE BETA!
 Mandalore The Shadow
06-24-2010, 12:54 PM
This looks really good I can't wait keep up the good work har
 .:Lord Revan:.
06-24-2010, 6:24 PM
You are doing a great job, can't wait to download.
 harIII
06-24-2010, 8:31 PM
Ok, this is for you Nick Vader...

***WARNING - POSSIBLE SPOILER ALERT***
The Beta will be able let's say the equivalent of three or four Endar Spires (plot wise and how much time they take to complete). This isn't including side quests which can be found on the Devestator.

You will find new items, two temporary companions (one is part of the main plot and the other is for one of I think six side quests on the Devestator). I'm going to say there will be anywhere from 20 minutes to an hour of game play depending on if you play through all of the side quests or not, note that's just a rough estimation, I haven't played all the way through it in a while.

Remember I am only releasing this small portion of the plot for the sake of building up some comotion about SOTE (Shadows of the Empire). But you will get to a climax that will give you an idea where we are heading with the project and a suitable place to end.

One more thing, I haven't been spending the last eight months on these two locations. I've started five other locations with one very close to completion.
 Pein_KeS
06-25-2010, 8:35 AM
Oh my, that looks pretty decent, Don't give up on this project no matter what you do :P It's awesome.
 Nick Vader
07-05-2010, 2:35 PM
Just dropping in for some tips.

In the first page, harIII said that there would be a final confrontation with Vader and the Emperor, and that cannonicity would be followed as close as possible. And here's the tip: I agree about cannonicity, but there comes a time where the player has to beat some major bad guy savin' the world. Otherwise, it could get a little boring. So, a plot twist in the end would be very interesting.

ALSO: Try to use many conversions in the story, like betrayal from friends, new enemies, broken alliances, foes turn to mates, etc, to keep the plot alive. Just that. Keep up the good work, people:thmbup1:.
 harIII
07-10-2010, 3:40 PM
You've got it chief. I'll have to put some more twists in my later plots then but some of these have already occured.

Would you mind sending me a pm with different ideas and topic which you wrote down to keep at close hand (the betrayal from firends, new enemies and such).

As far as following the cannon, I have trick up my sleeve and it will depend on what happens through the player's choices. To have either the cannon ending or a new one or maybe an adjustment between the two.
 Viado Onasi
07-10-2010, 4:59 PM
So, Is this going to be added content or how does it fit into the original game itself?
 Dak Drexl
07-10-2010, 5:38 PM
This is essentially a whole new story to play. It replaces all aspects of TSL.
 Viado Onasi
07-11-2010, 7:02 PM
wow! Something to actully do on KotOR 2. lol

Edit: http://img716.imageshack.us/img716/2600/shadowsoftheempire.png)
 Kreia001
07-13-2010, 9:24 AM
So, if it is in the time of the Galactic Empire, you must have an Emperor Palpatine character, right? I was wondering how you will make one, because I also want to try and make a Emperor Palpatine character. And perhaps you could place the Darth Vader armor as a seperate mod. I am sure people would like to play like him in the original game of Star Wars Kotor II.
 Dak Drexl
07-13-2010, 9:43 AM
Well the Vader model is by Avol and if you ask around enough someone on here can most likely send it to you :)

As for Palpatine, I have been working on him - slowly. In fact I kind of forgot I was at all. As of now it kind of sucks, so you're more than welcome to have a go and make one.
 Kreia001
07-13-2010, 9:59 AM
As for Palpatine, I have been working on him - slowly. In fact I kind of forgot I was at all. As of now it kind of sucks, so you're more than welcome to have a go and make one.

Well, might I suggest that if you would create Emperor Palpatine on your own, you should use perhaps Kreia? She has similair robes, but you should have to do a lot of reskinning.
 Dak Drexl
07-13-2010, 10:03 AM
Oh wow, that's actually a really good idea. He did always have his hood over his eyes like that... Thanks! I'll see how that works out when I get a moment.
 N-5/Prudii
07-13-2010, 12:04 PM
 Slstoev
07-13-2010, 12:11 PM
The mod is for Kotor 2 TSL.
 harIII
07-13-2010, 3:26 PM
oh my god, oh my god, oh my god I want it, but file front isn't working for some reason (in regards to palpatine)

New Update, Mygeeto will make its way back into SOTE, it was suppose to be the first planet you get to but now it's going be a little ways down the road, anywhere from the 3rd to the 6th planet. But all that matters is that its going to be here.

Never mind, file front is working again
 harIII
08-08-2010, 12:14 AM
Ok sorry about the lack of info about the project, I took a small break from modding and I'm getting back into it today.

I've also been slightly delayed because of my cofounder of the project Canderis wasn't as excited about the plot as he felt he should be so I've spiced up the game and have bascially revolutionized it. Now the Empire has a far more deeper and sinister idea for the son who has been captured, something to awaken the most devastating weapon ever fathomed since the dawn of man.

I'll futher the update later, I'm being kicked off the internet at the moment.
 LDR
09-18-2010, 8:42 PM
I was promoted to harIII's right-hand-man, due to the position being open. I just have to get my stupid computer working so I could run KOTOR 2.
 Jedi/Sith
09-19-2010, 10:35 PM
Great Mod
Please keep up the good work and the progress on Shadows of the Empire.
Is there any updates on the progress on Shadows of the Empire.
 Dak Drexl
09-19-2010, 10:48 PM
Great Mod
Please keep up the good work and the progress on Shadows of the Empire.

Sorry for the lack of updates as Har is a busy man :D
He is currently hard at work building lots of modules to use to create the new planets such as Mustafar. I've also been skinning a lot of modules to give them a new feel. So basically we're focusing on the modules :thmbup1:

I'll post pictures of my work as soon as I finish so that I can get feedback from the community and to show how the mod is progressing. Thanks and keep following!
 harIII
09-20-2010, 9:01 AM

I apologize about the lack of updates but with my busy schedule of classes, homework, hanging out with friends, and partying :shades2: finding time to mod is hard to do.

One of the things that I'm currently trying to do is getting a "marketing" plan set up so that we can create a bigger buzz around the community.

Right now we're nearly finished with Yavin IV, the only thing left is the space battle which is going to be one of the new systems that will be created in SOTE. The only problem with it is that it requires several new models and we don't have them all made yet.

I've also been focusing my attention into the Mygeeto modules which have to be modeled as well. So far I have 2 areas complete, a third underway, and about 7 - 10 that still need to be created. I'll post a few screenies later on today because I have class soon.
 harIII
09-21-2010, 12:10 PM
Ok sorry about the delay, had a technical problem with the images showing up. Also while I'm here I'll update everyone with the new planet sequence.

The Tantive IV
The Devastator
Sleheyron
Yavin IV
Utapau
Mygeeto
Mustafar
Tenupae
Coruscant
Korriban
The Shadow

So down to business, here are some images of the two Mygeeto areas that I made.

Uppercity

Note that the gray mass behind the building is actually a snow covered mountain that the platform is built into.
http://img198.imageshack.us/img198/989/uppercity1.jpg)
http://img826.imageshack.us/img826/2045/uppercity2.jpg)
http://img265.imageshack.us/img265/3547/uppercity3.jpg)

Apartment

http://img199.imageshack.us/img199/4674/apartment1.jpg)
http://img193.imageshack.us/img193/7701/apartment2p.jpg)
 newbiemodder
09-21-2010, 1:52 PM
Wow har! Those look really sharp. The UpperCity looks like some pretty sophisticated modeling. Great Job.
 Dak Drexl
09-21-2010, 2:57 PM
No way har, that looks awesome. Just like in battlefront.
 harIII
09-21-2010, 4:13 PM
That was actually the base model, the Mygeeto location for Battlefront 2, but obviously changes had to be made to it look like a functioning city.
 Jedi/Sith
09-21-2010, 4:40 PM
Thanks for the update harIII.
I wish I could help out on Shadow of the Empire but the best thing I could do would help out with the side quests. I am sure that you guys already have enough people working on the side quests. If by chance you do need more people pleace contact me. I have a few ideas on what you could have as side quests.
Also those pictures look awesome.

Keep up the good work and progress towards the Shadow of the Empire.
 Darth Crados
09-21-2010, 5:46 PM
I've been checking this mod out. It seems like a good project, the KOTOR gaming style placed in the time of the Empire. Sounds like a great idea to me ;)
Just a question Har: You're going to (obviously) insert Emperor Palpatine in this mod. My question is: will his body size be the same as a regular character? It's just that is a short man, I think it would seem odd if he had the same size as the regular characters.
Keep up the great work :thmbup1:
 harIII
09-21-2010, 6:04 PM
Jedi/Sith - Actually you're in luck because we are in dire need of side quests, I'll send you a PM in a bit giving you some of the details on the planets.

Darth Crados - Yes, the PC/Veteran will have a final confrontation with Palpatine at the very end, but as far as making him slightly shorter than everyone else I'll have to talk to my modeler on this. I'll be sure to put a note in of course.
 darthdan11
09-21-2010, 6:14 PM
Thanks DK, I can use all the support you can give.

There most certainly will be, I still have to create them yet. The only reason why those three are the only ones you see is because I haven't been able to get started on the other planets with the exception of Coruscant part II.

There will be I think at least 10 companions and I have even figured out a system to use more than 10!

Im really looking forwards to now both this and revange of revan :L, keep it Ill be looking forward to an upcoming demo ;)
 Zhaboka
09-21-2010, 11:02 PM
HOLY MOTHER OF WARU! Those are really, really great!
 \Darth Vader/
09-22-2010, 5:46 AM
Waouh, great job !!
 Nick Vader
09-22-2010, 8:06 AM
Uppercity

Note that the gray mass behind the building is actually a snow covered mountain that the platform is built into.
http://img198.imageshack.us/img198/989/uppercity1.jpg)
http://img826.imageshack.us/img826/2045/uppercity2.jpg)
http://img265.imageshack.us/img265/3547/uppercity3.jpg)

Apartment

http://img199.imageshack.us/img199/4674/apartment1.jpg)
http://img193.imageshack.us/img193/7701/apartment2p.jpg)

My models are so pathetic... Excellent work harIII !
 storm-rider
09-22-2010, 1:44 PM
WOW these are some frikin good models, this is deffinately gonna have a permanent place on my computer.
 christos200
09-27-2010, 3:13 PM
this is a great mod! i have 2 questions ;

1) what do you mean by saying new space battle? new models or you will change the battle system

2)are you going to put any trailer on youtube?
 harIII
09-27-2010, 3:46 PM
Christos200:
1) what do you mean by saying new space battle? new models or you will change the battle system

2)are you going to put any trailer on youtube?

1 - The new space battle we have in mind is going to be composed of new models as well as a new system. When we get all of the new models into TSL and get everything working it will be as close to a first person shooter came as we can possibly make it using the KOTOR game engine.

2 - We will start putting trailers out soon. There will be a modcast about everything that's new, ranging from weapons, characters, and planets.
 Drunkside
09-28-2010, 3:52 AM
I cant understand how i have been able to miss this project completely until now... Great work people, almost makes me want to start modeling again :xp:
 christos200
09-28-2010, 3:29 PM
i am also good with side quests

are you going to see look skywalker in tis mod
 harIII
09-29-2010, 8:36 AM
We're still playing around with how much will be involved with the original trilogy plot. Right now as is, I do not think you'll see Luke but we are presently revising some things so there is potential for him to make an appearance.
Page: 3 of 5