Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Star Wars - Shadows of the Empire

Page: 1 of 5
 harIII
02-21-2010, 9:39 PM
Star Wars - Shadows of the Empire

-----Plot-----
It is a perilous time for the galaxy now that an exhaustive civil war has taken a hold of the Empire’s gaze. The treacherous group of traitors, under the name the Rebel Alliance, have struggled for the past five years in the efforts of destroying the imperial government in hopes of returning the peace of the old Republic.

Amid the turmoil, the Emperor has filled his mind with the destruction of the Alliance so he may continue his Dark Reign on the greatest throne of power anyone has ever known. The Alliance has come to its near destruction as the Dark Lord hunts down the remaining leaders of the Rebels.

On a diplomatic mission to Alderann, the Tantive IV has been captured by the Executor, Darth Vader’s flagship, while a member of the Shadow of the Empire, a secret society of Force Sensitive agents under the direct command of Vader, searches effortlessly for the defector Princess Leia Organa…

Companions:
So far this is the list of all the major companions that will become part of your followers:

Commander Zorin - This man is a respectable commander withing the Shadow Order and is your superior.
Picture:
http://i.imagehost.org/0917/K2_00001.jpg)

D5-U7 - This astrodroid will have a similar purpose to T3-M4 on Taris in KOTOR. The droid is suppose to help you get inside of Imperial Garrison on Slehayron. You will be able to choose between one of the three droids (D5-U7, AS-36, and THETA). ---Sorry, no screenies yet. It needs to be reskinned---

AS-36 - This war droid will have a similar purpose to T3-M4 on Taris in KOTOR. The droid is suppose to help you get inside of Imperial Garrison on Slehayron. You will be able to choose between one of the three droids (D5-U7, AS-36, and THETA). ---Sorry, no screenies yet. It needs to be reskinned---

THETA - This monster bodyguard will have a similar purpose to T3-M4 on Taris in KOTOR. The droid is suppose to help you get inside of Imperial Garrison on Slehayron. You will be able to choose between one of the three droids (D5-U7, AS-36, and THETA). ---Sorry, no screenies yet. It needs to be reskinned---

Armand Umbacano - He is an x-Imperial general who for personal reasons abandoned the Galactic Empire and is actively protesting against the Emperor's reign.
Picture:
http://f.imagehost.org/0568/K2_00009.jpg)

Oriha Thress - She is a mysterious woman who escaped the Great Jedi Purge and the attack on the Jedi Temple and has experienced both the teachings of the Jedi and Sith.
Picture:
http://i.imagehost.org/0739/pic1.jpg)

Planets:

The Freighter
Slehayron
Naboo
The Devestator
The Tantive IV
Ansion
The Phoenix - PC's Vessel (Imperial War Vessel)
Yavin IV
Ryloth
Corellia
Mon Calamari
Mygeeto
The Executor
The Unknown World

Rough Outline (possible spoiler alert):
After joining the assault on the Tantive IV the Veteran (a war hero from the Clone Wars) will discover the secrets behind the War of the Rebellion and forge new allignments with the Alliance. After the destruction of Alderann the Veteran will discover the survival of his son who was captured by the Empire and marked as a high priority target. You'll embark on a quest to save your son which will ultimately teach you the highest secrets behind the Empire.

Progress (percent completed):

The Tantive IV - 99%
The Executor - 80%
Mygeeto - 0%
PC's Vessel - 5%
Yavin IV - 50%
The Obliterator
Utapau - 0%
Mustafar - 0%
Coruscant - 0%
Tenupae - 5%
Korriban - 0%
Telos - 0%
Klatooine - 40%%
The Jedi Temple - 20%
The Executor - 0%
The Death Star - 0%

Team Recruitment:
If anyone would interested in helping with this new Story Conversion please check the list below to see if you can participate with anything that's needed. If you feel that you can help please send me a PM and I will see what can be done.

What we really need are:
Modelers - Specifically anyone who can model new modules
Skinners - Both characters and modules
Dialog Builders - People to actually review my dialog and enhance it
Side Quest Ideas
 harIII
02-21-2010, 9:43 PM
 JuniorModder
02-21-2010, 10:10 PM
Haha I'm so excited about this!

JM
 Dak Drexl
02-21-2010, 10:23 PM
Wow, this looks incredible! I've just recently started my own little OT mod (though much smaller) only to be thwarted by this! So, is this kind of a story behind the OT? Needless to say, I'm excited for this as well. It's always great to see the announcement of a big mod with already considerable progress.
 harIII
02-21-2010, 10:33 PM
This is the story of a 501st Clone War Veteran who is now serving with Vader and his secret task force of Force Sensitive agents. It will follow the cannon as best as possible and will bring you to a final confrontation with the Emperor and Vader (like I said it will follow the cannon as close as possible).
 Xarwarz
02-22-2010, 1:19 AM
Looks good keep at it
 Time Lord
02-22-2010, 3:00 AM
You do realize that there's an official LucasArts game called Shadows of the Empire? There's also a comic and a novel.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Shadows_of_the_Empire)
 Queen of Night
02-22-2010, 3:19 AM
Looks really good.
 Te Darasuum Mandalor
02-22-2010, 7:35 AM
I CANNOT WAIT! It has the gameplay of kotor and the storyline of A New Hope! So when does it take place in relation to the movies?
 Canderis
02-22-2010, 7:49 AM
The beginning level is the Tantive IV so....

EDIT:
This mod is going to end up having many newly modeled areas.
 harIII
02-22-2010, 8:23 AM
You do realize that there's an official LucasArts game called Shadows of the Empire? There's also a comic and a novel.

Yes, well about a month or two into the project. :migraine: But heck, this is a mod, where we can decide everything that happens. I'm sticking with the title.
 Darth Payne
02-22-2010, 8:34 AM
Wow, this looks great.
 newbiemodder
02-22-2010, 8:55 AM
It looks like you've done a lot of really good work here. Keep it up. It looks great.
 Holty1-5
02-22-2010, 11:19 AM
looks excellent
is it a new vader model or is it that guys who's name i cant remeber Avo or somthing like that
 JuniorModder
02-22-2010, 11:35 AM
I like Zorin the best! (the voice actor he got is spectacular! :P)

JM
 harIII
02-22-2010, 12:38 PM
If you look at the history (which only team members know) I believe so far Oriha or Armand are the most interesting.
 HdVaderII
02-22-2010, 3:06 PM
is it a new vader model or is it that guys who's name i cant remeber Avo or somthing like that

Avol made the original Vader model, but I wasn't aware that he had given anyone permission to use his model in a mod before he left into the great unknown.

If it is his, then I don't think you'd be able to release the mod with his Vader model in it.
 harIII
02-22-2010, 3:41 PM
It is Avol's model but we have a legitimate way of "using" it in the mod. I spoke to an administrator who gave me the ok on it.

But regardless I'm still going to try getting permission.
 none223
02-22-2010, 4:39 PM
Is this a TC, SC, or just Expansion? I am questioning the cannonity of putting Rebellion Era with KotOR Era...
 Trench
02-22-2010, 4:42 PM
It's a total conversion. Besides, mods are non-canon. Canonicity is not a problem here.
This'll be a cool mod. :D
 Canderis
02-22-2010, 4:47 PM
The way I see mods are interactive fan fics
 JuniorModder
02-22-2010, 5:18 PM
If you look at the history (which only team members know) I believe so far Oriha or Armand are the most interesting.

Hehe I was kidding, I was just referencing the AMAZING voice actor for Zorin. :D

JM
 TheHiddenJedi
02-22-2010, 6:20 PM
Looks prety sweet cant wait for it to come out. If theres anything I can do to help let me know. :)
 Canderis
02-22-2010, 6:50 PM
Voice Acting. We'll need many of those.
 JuniorModder
02-22-2010, 7:41 PM
Though I'm doing Zorin already I'm willing to audition for other characters.

JM
 harIII
02-22-2010, 8:35 PM
There will be auditions but only later on when we're ready to release some material. Don't worry because there will be a (naughty word) load to make.
 logan23
02-22-2010, 9:16 PM
The mod is coming out great!

I love the pics :)

It's a total conversion. Besides, mods are non-canon. Canonicity is not a problem here.
This'll be a cool mod.
The way I see mods are interactive fan fics

I agree that what matters is not wither its cannon to the tee, but that its a fun game with an engaging story that takes you on an adventure to another place.

I look forward how you weave your story line in and around the Star Wars movies. Its going to be fun to play:thmbup1:

Logan
 harIII
02-22-2010, 9:39 PM
Thanks Logan, I'm purposely making some things revolve around the movies but for the most part you'll be able to experience a whole new story with vastly different plots from that of the original KOTOR games.

I'm trying to make it unique and allow room for expansions later on.
 Ping
02-23-2010, 5:36 PM
Since you're trying to follow canon as close as possible, I should point out that the Tantive IV was not captured by the Executor - it doesn't appear until Episode 5. You'll remember that it was just a regular Star Destroyer that appeared at the start of Episode 4.
 Phildevil
02-23-2010, 5:53 PM
That would be the Devastator, Vader's previous flagship.
 harIII
02-23-2010, 7:09 PM
Well when I started the making this thing back in maybe November I wasn't aware of that and now that I already have the Executor set up to be the invading ship, I'm just going to leave it because of the events that happen on it. It just makes sense that it is Vader's Flagship because you'll be revisiting it later on.
 N-5/Prudii
02-23-2010, 9:59 PM
You guys should get permission and use the E-11 from this mod:
http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filefront.com/file/Law_Enforcement_Blasters;67168)
EDIT: The rebel one too ;)
 harIII
02-23-2010, 10:23 PM
Those are wicked, I'll see about getting the ok on those.
 Phildevil
02-23-2010, 10:46 PM
Well when I started the making this thing back in maybe November I wasn't aware of that and now (...) I already have the Executor set up to be the invading ship.

Have you actually done the Executor's outer hull? Because if you did not, there is little to no differences between the interior of such ships (except for the scale wich I assume will not be whole according to "the size of that thing").
 harIII
02-23-2010, 11:28 PM
No, there's really no way you're going to be able to see the ship. But like I said earlier the events that happen inside the Executor just feel like they have to be on Vader's Flagship so it'll take some convincing to persuade me to change it to the Devestator.
 Phildevil
02-24-2010, 12:24 AM
Well, that's not going to be hard: before the executor was built, Vader had another flagship: the "Devastator". When the Tantive IV was captured, the Executor wasn't build yet. So I guess if you feel those events should happen on his flagship, the Devastator is the ship you want...

More infos:
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Devastator)

By the way, because of the similarity in design between the 2 ships, about the only thing that would change would be the name of the ship.
 harIII
02-24-2010, 8:54 AM
Whoa I thought it would take more convincing than that. I'll go ahead and do it, you're right, if all I have to do is change the name, that won't be too difficult.
 Kainzorus Prime
02-24-2010, 9:53 AM
While I normally behead TC ideas in their cribs, this shows promise. I approve.
 Holty1-5
02-24-2010, 11:08 AM
While I normally behead TC ideas in their cribs, this shows promise. I approve.

and thats saying somthing lol :D

Once again amazing Mod cant wait to see what comes next :P :thmbup1:

Edit: Will there be more Party members
 harIII
02-24-2010, 11:43 AM
-DK- - While I normally behead TC ideas in their cribs, this shows promise. I approve.

Thanks DK, I can use all the support you can give.

Holty1-5 - Will there be more Party members

There most certainly will be, I still have to create them yet. The only reason why those three are the only ones you see is because I haven't been able to get started on the other planets with the exception of Coruscant part II.

There will be I think at least 10 companions and I have even figured out a system to use more than 10!
 N-5/Prudii
02-24-2010, 11:28 PM
Try and get this one too:
http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filefront.com/file/T21_Light_Repeating_Blaster;85231)
This mod looks very promising!:thmbup1:
 harIII
02-25-2010, 7:45 AM
Just downloaded it N-5/Prudii.
 Nick Vader
02-25-2010, 2:32 PM
Finally, you've made the thread ! Excellent mod, which has great potential...

I like Zorin the best! (the voice actor he got is spectacular! :P)

JM

And of course, you are referring to yourself !!!

Try and get this one too:
http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filefront.com/file/T21_Light_Repeating_Blaster;85231)
This mod looks very promising!:thmbup1:

Isn't that for KotOR 1 ?

EDIT: I guess it makes no difference...:D
 harIII
03-07-2010, 5:04 PM
Ok guys giving you an update, I have started work on the Jedi Temple on Coruscant and Klatooine, another planet.
 JuniorModder
03-18-2010, 7:30 PM
I figured I'd post pictures of Sarith Dolros that I reskinned.

http://b.imagehost.org/0117/swkotor2_2010-03-18_17-17-37-61.jpg)
http://b.imagehost.org/0985/swkotor2_2010-03-18_17-17-25-97.jpg)

I apologize for the poor quality, I kinda took em' in a hurry.

Ignore the female portrait, I was just testing out the skin. ;)

JM
 harIII
04-11-2010, 2:05 PM
New Update:

My apologies for saying nothing for a while, I've been tied down to my school work. But I should be able to put some bigger dents into SOTE by the end of next week so expect a lot of work being done over the course of the Summer. Sorry I'm not posting any screenies, those will come when the module(s) are completely reskinned.

Tantive IV - 95% complete

Just need to make a scene for a companion.
Module Reskins are completed

The Executor - 85% Complete

Need to correct some inconsistancies with the main plot
Finish module reskins

Yavin IV - 60% Complete

Need to finish the plot, about 90% done
Finish module reskins
Finish placing object
Finish side quests

Klatooine - 50% complete
Finish main plot, about 50% completed
Finish placing object, only God knows (Klatooine is very big)
Finish module reskins
 newbiemodder
04-12-2010, 9:18 AM
Great. Keep it up. I know it's a lot of work.

@JM
I apologize for the poor quality, I kinda took em' in a hurry.

Don't sell yourself short. I think it looks good.
 Nick Vader
04-25-2010, 1:19 PM
I think this thread should have some screenshots. Upload some more!
(Without ,of course, revealing anything special;)).

Can't wait to see more...

http://j.imagehost.org/0971/SHADOWSOFTHEEMPIRE.jpg) (http://j.imagehost.org/view/0971/SHADOWSOFTHEEMPIRE)
 Canderis
04-25-2010, 1:27 PM
Whats up with sion?
 Nick Vader
04-27-2010, 8:07 AM
Nothing really. Just showin' a pic. So, are we allowed to post pics of the content? (U know, the pc wearing some armour and holding a lightsaber).
Of course in spoiler tags.
Page: 1 of 5