Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Star Wars - Shadows of the Empire

Page: 2 of 5
 harIII
04-28-2010, 5:02 PM
Sure a few wouldn't hurt. I personally would like to put up some new pics but I'm only waiting to get the planet's reskinned. So far only one is truely reskinned and that has to change to make it look a little more like the Tantive, it's still too dark. Hopefully soon we'll be able to host some additional screenshots.

Also note that Sion will have nothing to do with SOTE with the exception that there is always the possibility that he will be used in a reskin for somebody.
 harIII
05-03-2010, 9:57 AM
-----UPDATE-----

I have decided to replace Mygeeto with Slehayron simply because it will take more time to make the modules for Mygeeto and with Slehayron, I can just use preexisting modules.

I also have finally decided on a ship. After much irritation of flipping back and fourth between modules that could work and many different ideas I have decided to make a monster ship, code name a small Imperial War Ship which once belonged to an Imperial General. It will have it's own plot in order to take over and you will have many things to do on it throughout the game.

Slehayron: 30 - 40% complete with main plot
Ardent Phoenix (PC's ship): Have only been able to build modules so far, a whopping 16 that is.
 Zhaboka
05-06-2010, 1:00 AM
Voice Acting. We'll need many of those.

*excitement*

I hate to post the same thing in two threads within twenty minutes, but I'll definitely be here when you start with the auditioning and such. :D
 Kainzorus Prime
05-06-2010, 2:57 PM
*excitement*

I hate to post the same thing in two threads within twenty minutes, but I'll definitely be here when you start with the auditioning and such. :D

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?

Zhab-jab does voice acting? HERESY!
 harIII
05-07-2010, 12:01 PM
---UPDATE---
Wow, I made a huge dent in this thing. I have finished the main plot of Slehayron after fixing minor bugs and such. Still need to populate, make side quests, and reskin.

Everyone will happy to hear this! I am now focusing my attention to the Tantive IV and the Devastator (I think that's it, Vader's flagship anyway). Hopefully within a very short time I will have these two locations done and with that a Beta release to bring some more attention to this project.
 Dak Drexl
05-07-2010, 7:37 PM
Looking forward to the beta!!
 Nick Vader
05-08-2010, 7:12 PM
Keep us posted harIII. I think this is going to be REALLY big. In every single way.:thmbup1:
 harIII
05-10-2010, 2:58 PM
You're right, this thing is going to be a monster. With only 7 locations started and one completed we're already looking at 925+ MB, that's more than a CD!
 Nick Vader
05-10-2010, 3:05 PM
You're right, this thing is going to be a monster. With only 7 locations started and one completed we're already looking at 925+ MB, that's more than a CD!

Wow! Imagine the final size, with so many scripts, dialogs, 2das, models, modules, OMG!!!
 harIII
05-11-2010, 10:29 AM
I have a question for the public.

There's a place on Slehayron that you'll be able to purchase a droid, very much similar to buying HK-47 on Tatooine in KOTOR. The only difference is that you'll have the choice to choose between three different droids. One is an astrodroid (will look similar or exactly like R2-D2 in the future), the second is one of the four legged spider droids, and the third is a very big human shaped droid, I'm assuming one from M4-78.

Would it be a good idea for people to go back to Slehayron and exchange the droid for another one with the merchant?
 Holty1-5
05-11-2010, 11:40 AM
It shounds like a Good idea but would if each droid is going to have a side quests it would be best not to, Incase you start 1 and exchange before you finish but i could see its a Good idea and would like to see it :D
 Nick Vader
05-11-2010, 6:20 PM
A really good idea! Their quests should be miny, so you can still trade them.

I wanna follow this thread to the very end of this project...:thmbup1:
 Dak Drexl
05-11-2010, 8:32 PM
I think it's a really cool idea. It'll be the first real "optional" party member thing in a kotor game and I think it would be good because everyone could get what they want.
 Darth Weasel
05-11-2010, 8:59 PM
This mod looks amazing so far... Looking at this gets me inspired to continue with my TC seeing how far you've come since the beginning. The idea behind the mod is good, to be honest quite a while back before I started modding I was thinking about something like this too but didn't have the skill to even want to attempt it. Good to see that somebody want's to give it a shot. :thmbup1:

There will be I think at least 10 companions and I have even figured out a system to use more than 10!

P.S. This may be a little off topic but could you send me a message explaining this system?
 logan23
05-11-2010, 9:47 PM
I have a question for the public.

There's a place on Slehayron that you'll be able to purchase a droid, very much similar to buying HK-47 on Tatooine in KOTOR. The only difference is that you'll have the choice to choose between three different droids. One is an astrodroid (will look similar or exactly like R2-D2 in the future), the second is one of the four legged spider droids, and the third is a very big human shaped droid, I'm assuming one from M4-78.

Would it be a good idea for people to go back to Slehayron and exchange the droid for another one with the merchant?

I agree with some other posters that this a good idea with the droids. You could have a sidequest but it could be not an actual go to planet XYZ and do this quest. Like someone stated make them small. They only have to have some type of reward for doing them.

Use the back stories on these 3 droids to build their minny side quest.

Keep up the great work:thmbup1:

logan
 greggomonkey
05-11-2010, 10:20 PM
This looks promising!

FTR, I believe its spelling is sleheyron not slehayron
 Nick Vader
05-12-2010, 2:51 AM
This looks promising!

FTR, I believe its spelling is sleheyron not slehayron

Yep. You're right.

Anyway, I think that's what you should do harIII. (Small quest for droid companions)
 harIII
05-17-2010, 2:47 PM
Ok, since everyone is for this I'll implement it into the system. As for sidequests I'll probably make something and not even make journal entries with them. It will just happen with no notifications in the journal. Should you forget what to do I'll just have the droid repeat what's to be done.

Also another question for you guys. Having the T3 conversations really bugged me because really, who can understand a bunch of beeps. Would it be better to have an actual dialog at the bottom of the conversation screen and keep the beeps or should the droid have a robotic voice of its own? This also goes with the other two droids as well.
 Dak Drexl
05-17-2010, 3:20 PM
I think I would prefer a robotic voice personally. Also, this could be a way of adding a VO (people often "need" VO's, though I personally don't care). The voice would be easy to do too - you could just use a computer-generated voice that most recording/speaking softwares can produce.
 harIII
05-19-2010, 8:53 AM
I like it, that's what I had in my mind what I first thought of this idea. Thanks for input Dak.
 Nick Vader
05-21-2010, 12:36 PM
I think T3 should keep his beeps! I've gotten used to them:thmbup1::D
 harIII
05-21-2010, 2:40 PM
Well what do you think about this idea, what if I can make T3 work with talking VOs and the beeps. When the astro droid is first recruited you can have the option of changing the droid's voice to be beeps or talk as well as changing it afterwords.

Here's a render of my first attempt at modeling, I'm going all out in trying to get the modules done. Sorry about the textures that's all that 3DS has and I haven't figured out how to add my own textures yet. But there are three levels and it's suppose to be the Emperor's throne room on the Death Star at the end of the Return of the Jedi:

http://j.imagehost.org/0611/render.jpg)
 Holty1-5
05-21-2010, 3:14 PM
Impressive Area Har Very Nice :)

Cant wait for the end Product
 logan23
05-21-2010, 7:54 PM
Great Start!!
Looking forward to the progression!
 Rinku
05-23-2010, 9:24 AM
Very nice job so far. Keep it up :)

I (as many others have already said) like the mini side quest idea for the droids. Additionally, making T3 have an actual voice would be very cool.
 Darth Payne
05-23-2010, 9:50 AM
Giving droids like T3 a voice has been done a few times in fanfiction by installing a vocabulator, or similar tech.

Might be fun to see this in a game.
 logan23
05-23-2010, 10:58 AM
I would keep T3 the same beeps since it has been already set from the prior games, but for the other droids the adding if test to show the dlg of the droid is good.
 Canderis
05-23-2010, 11:49 AM
How about beeps, but the dialog shows words?
 Dak Drexl
05-23-2010, 12:01 PM
Well regarding T3, I don't think he's in this mod because it's not related to the kotor storyline. But if you just mean T3-type droids, I also think it would be weird if they talked. I think robotic voices would be great for humanoid type droids like HK or protocal types, but keep the astro types beeping and booping :r2d2:
 harIII
05-23-2010, 6:22 PM
So far I'm liking Canderis' idea, beeps but with words.

I can also see a vocabulator Payne.

Thanks for the info guys.
 Rinku
05-23-2010, 6:38 PM
^I think the beeps w/words is cool (someone needs to make that into a seperate kotor I mod :P)
 harIII
06-01-2010, 6:14 PM
Sorry everybody, for one reason or another I've been kept away from an internet server. I finally got my 3DS program working again I've made considerable progress with two new modules. They were done around 3 o'clock today but I decided to add something for a better transition between each other. But here are the screenshots. Now I can't take all the credit, I had some help from Quannon. He donated three modules to Canderis for use in SOTE and I took a few objects such as cliffs, trucks, boxes, a building as a guide which I recreated, another building that I copied, and the bridges.

Mustafar: Landing Pad
http://j.imagehost.org/0656/landing_pad.jpg)

Mustafar: Colony
http://j.imagehost.org/0857/colony.jpg)
http://j.imagehost.org/0569/main_buildings.jpg)
http://a.imagehost.org/0962/capitol_building.jpg)
http://a.imagehost.org/0055/business_sector.jpg)
http://h.imagehost.org/0465/waterfront.jpg)
http://a.imagehost.org/0256/bridges.jpg)
 Darth Payne
06-01-2010, 6:16 PM
Whoa, most impressive.

Most impressive indeed.
 Dak Drexl
06-01-2010, 6:21 PM
WOW!! That colony looks amazing har!
 harIII
06-01-2010, 6:24 PM
I'm very pleased, that little area where all the bridges connect there is a little dot (well really it's a box). That's how big the PC is compared to everything else! And don't worry, I have a trick up my sleeve for easier travel between the three islands rather than walking all the way around.
 logan23
06-01-2010, 6:26 PM
WOW, Those are amazing!!!

Great job!!!

Nicely thought out- layout =)
 Rinku
06-01-2010, 6:27 PM
That looks absolutely sweet. Very nice job!!!!
 harIII
06-01-2010, 6:31 PM
Thanks for your comments everyone, are there any areas that could be improved or anything? Something that looks like it should be added that you don't see.
 newbiemodder
06-01-2010, 6:40 PM
Top notch, har. Can't wait to see them textured.
 harIII
06-01-2010, 7:01 PM
I'm actually downloading all of Quannon's tutorial videos now, I forgot to get the ones on texturing which in a way held me up a little bit.
 Trench
06-01-2010, 8:24 PM
Aside from lava (which I'm sure you're planning to add (If I am wrong correct me)), there's not really anything I can think of that should be added. That work's really 100% Har. Great job.
 Canderis
06-01-2010, 8:33 PM
i feel pathetic now. Good job.
 Holty1-5
06-02-2010, 6:28 AM
Wow..... Just Wow

Amazing Areas
 LDR
06-02-2010, 6:43 AM
Nice! But I have a question. The buildings have the door hole in them. Does that mean that you'll be in a new module if you walk into it? Or no?
 disbeliever
06-02-2010, 10:06 AM
I love the huge jump in modeling progression in such a short time
 harIII
06-02-2010, 11:55 AM
Canderis: I love it!!!
LordDeathRay: Possibly. I'm putting door holes in all the buildings just to play it safe. Worst case scenario, I'll just have to put in a static door. But I do plan for each of them to be used for something, just haven't figured it out yet.
Disbeliever: Thanks, I thought modeling is something that would take me months to figure out and I'm actually rather surprised at how easy it is. The colony took me about two or three days.
 .:Lord Revan:.
06-02-2010, 12:18 PM
The pics look amazing can't wait to seee it when it is finished, keep up the superb work har :)
 Nick Vader
06-02-2010, 1:06 PM
The new areas look AMAZING!!! Can't wait to see them with textures !:thmbup1::thmbup1::thmbup1::thmbup1::thmbup1:
 harIII
06-09-2010, 7:31 PM
How would everyone feel about this idea. I'm redoing part of Yavin IV so you may have the option of recruiting one of five Force Adepts who were taken in by the Jedi Order to be trained. Just a few days/weeks later Order 66 was carried out and a Master fled with them. During their escape they were attacked and forced to make a crash landing on Yavin IV. The Master stayed behind to convince the Empire that she was the only in order to save the Adepts while the students flee to a safe haven she told them about. She died when the Empire came and they never found the safe haven. They survived in the jungles ever since.

Now you get their help after promising them of safe departure from Yavin. All five will remain on your ship the Phoenix, a very big ship while one will remain with you. What are the views of the community.
 LDR
06-09-2010, 8:46 PM
I like this idea. Go for it. :thmbup1:
Page: 2 of 5