Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Star Wars - Shadows of the Empire

Page: 5 of 5
 harIII
12-11-2010, 12:44 PM
Hey everyone, got a favor to ask of someone which can be done by ANYONE!!! I need an outside guy who don't know anything about the SOTE plot who can help me out with writing dialog. For example, imagine you haven't played KOTOR before, what are some questions you might have if you woke up on the Endar Spire and found the entire place under attack by the Sith and a Republic soldier walked into the room? What would be your response or questions?

I want to make the dialog for SOTE as realistic as possible and I believe this will be the way to do it. I'm looking for three people who have an imagination and can critically think and I'm taking everyone on a first come first serve basis. Remember, I'm taking up to three. If you volunteer I'll send you a PM and we'll get started. Thanks.
 Slstoev
12-11-2010, 2:26 PM
Um... harlll I think no one who has came here wouldn't have played KOTOR.

You should check the other forums but I think that would be considered as spam.

Just my two sents on this.
 Qui-Gon Glenn
12-11-2010, 2:57 PM
^^^ Did you read his post and fully understand it, Slstoev? He was not asking for people that have not played KotOR, but for people that are not familiar with the plot that HarIII has been working on. He asks us to imagine that we ourselves are awakened aboard the Endar Spire... he is looking for fresh ideas!

Definitely not a spam post.

I wish I had the time, h3.... I barely have time to tinker with the few deadends I work on here and there.

However, what you are asking for, I hope you find - I am sure they are out there.
 harIII
12-11-2010, 3:08 PM
Thanks for helping me clear that up Qui-Gon Glenn and don't worry about not being able to help I completely understand, hopefully I can find someone to aid me in writing the dialog.
 Working Class Hero
12-11-2010, 10:41 PM
It appears I have become obsolete. :xp:

Just kidding, but please keep in mind: this is not k1. You do not 'wake-up', you have already been prepped for the mission that begins the game.
 harIII
12-11-2010, 11:09 PM
Sorry guys I'm going to cancel this request because some of the others on the team believe that it will only add more opinions to the plot and simply cause more harm than good. So disregard the whole request for volunteers.
 Working Class Hero
01-15-2011, 8:08 PM
Hey, just wanted to let everyone know:
Mr. sir project leader harIII has to take a brief hiatus from SOTE in order to focus on his college work.
His underlings will continue working on the project, but don't be worried if this thread goes silent for a short while.

Our fuhrer will return!
 Kreia001
01-24-2011, 11:29 AM
If you are in need of voice actors, I am happy to participate :)
 d3sd0
01-27-2011, 9:50 PM
Well to introduce the character, you could make cinematic of sorts, put it in a datapad, or have like a vision of briefing for the mission.... or you could have like a Droid tell you maybe? Or just a convo with someone? Any combination of sorts too I guess. Well just giving my input hope it helps :)
 Working Class Hero
01-29-2011, 12:57 AM
Well, for the general overview there's a bik that introduces the basic concepts: ie, why you're on this ship, what your mission is, etc.
 d3sd0
01-30-2011, 12:12 AM
Okay that's a good idea. Didn't know if you still needed ideas for how to introduce the character...
 harIII
04-28-2011, 4:44 PM
I. AM. BACK!!!! by next Monday. That's right, after too many books to care to remember, 30 papers with two 30 pages and up, and exams coming to a close I will make my return to the modding world and continue the Shadows of the Empire project.

Just to throw an update out there, during my absence I was fortunate enough to recruit Timbob to the team who's been continuing the project as best he can. Now unfortunately I'll be on and off during the summer (I don't have internet at the house) but I will continue to give continuous updates as I can. Till further notice it sounds like Timbob is going to be generous enough to continue what it is he's done while I go full time into modeling to get the new areas banged out.

So in essence what you need to know is that the project is not dead, it is very much alive. I just couldn't deal with it during my courses. By Monday I will be back modding harder than ever to get this project done.
 TimBob12
04-28-2011, 4:59 PM
Hooray, I plan to hopefully keep this thread a bit more updated with screenshots etc. and i would just like to say welcome back to HarIII. Party Time :D
 newbiemodder
04-28-2011, 7:07 PM
Missed ya Har....welcome back
 LDR
04-28-2011, 7:14 PM
Har... buddy! We missed ya! :D

I might as well make myself useful, since I'm part of the team. If your in need of voice actors, let me know.
 TimBob12
04-29-2011, 4:03 AM
You are on my list and I have a couple of parts which should come your way soon LDR :)
 harIII
04-29-2011, 12:03 PM
Attention all potential Voice Actors. If you want to volunteer please send a PM to Timbob12, he's the one that will be covering all the stuff for voicing and animating the dialog.
 TimBob12
05-04-2011, 11:51 AM
An update!

Meet the General, in charge of all military action on Ansion and today featured in his new Heavy Armour created by Dak

http://img269.imageshack.us/img269/4562/k200005.png)

http://img703.imageshack.us/img703/1931/k200006.png)

http://img194.imageshack.us/img194/4459/k200004.png)

Also thank you to all the voice actors who PM'd me. I now have a nice list and I have already started distributing parts. I am still accepting applications though.
 LDR
05-04-2011, 3:11 PM
Can we be able to get our hands on that sexy armor?

Your welcome, I'm glad to voice whoever you tell me to voice.
 TimBob12
05-04-2011, 3:22 PM
I shall have to speak to Dak and HarIII as to a possible early release of some armours, especially as this one is so awesome.

Also, LDR I have at least one more line for you that I missed. :)
 Dak Drexl
05-04-2011, 4:46 PM
Glad you like it :)

About an early release, I'm sure Har won't mind. Also this skin (with a few modifications) will be included in my upcoming mod as the "war machine" ironman armor. That was the inspiration for this skin anyway, with the Imperial color scheme going on and all. I also see that you're already working with the Ansion skins I asked you about. I can start work on the other area if you want Timbob.
 TimBob12
05-05-2011, 2:22 AM
That would be great if you could as I love whats been done so far.
 harIII
05-05-2011, 1:43 PM
The early release is an all go. I have no problem releasing that armor to the public now. Enjoy...
 TimBob12
05-05-2011, 1:49 PM
Perhaps once the whole thing is finished then we could release a Shadow Armour Pack of all the armour in SOTE as it appears there will be some rather awesome ones. :D
 .:Lord Revan:.
05-05-2011, 3:35 PM
Perhaps once the whole thing is finished then we could release a Shadow Armour Pack of all the armour in SOTE as it appears there will be some rather awesome ones. :D

Yeah!!!! :fist:
 Dak Drexl
05-05-2011, 3:37 PM

I like that idea :thmbup1:
 DAWUSS
05-05-2011, 11:48 PM
When I first saw this thread, I thought this would be some TC attempt of the mid-90's video game...
 harIII
05-05-2011, 11:52 PM
Haha, nope it's going to be essentially the same style and graphics we all saw in KOTOR and TSL but a far better story line.
 logan23
05-07-2011, 12:33 PM
Thanks for the update and the pics!

Keep it coming =)
 harIII
05-07-2011, 1:15 PM
Now that I'm back to the modeling world and Timbob is helping out with the game files we should be making far more frequent updates on our progress and what's new.
 harIII
05-25-2011, 5:27 PM
Ok everyone I have a major question for the public.

I'm working on trying to figure out what the companions should look like. As of now there two human males, and one human female. I'm curious as to what the community here would like to see; more humans, more aliens, more droids? What have you guys always wanted to see. Just remember that if it's aliens we may be rather restricted depending on their shape. For example an Ithorian is out of the question because of the body shape unless nobody objects to not being able to see new armors being equipped, we saw the same thing happen to Kiera in TSL and I don't know how everyone felt about that.

---UPDATE---
New story revisions are now complete and the new planets being used will be:
The Tantive IV
The Devastator
The Phoenix
Ansion
Yavin IV
Ryloth
Corellia
Mon Calamari
Mygeeto
The Executor
The Unknown World

Everything after Yavin IV will have to be modeled so the progress I'm giving you will only be for what I call the First Phase:
The Tantive - 90% It only needs to be over looked for the reskins and requires VOs.
The Devastator - 75% It needs to be reskinned, "VOed," and tested to make sure all the side quests are functioning properly
The Phoenix - 25% It been fully modeled, parts of it have been skinned, needs to be brought into TSL, module components need to be added
Ansion - Roughly 20% I can't verify what Timbob has completed yet but the last time I worked on it the plot was constructed to about the 20% mark
Yavin IV - 90% It has been skinned, and only requires a few minor plot revisions and VOs
 Jamesolbyo52
05-27-2011, 6:19 PM
I wouldn't mind seeing a new assasin droid like hk 47.
 harIII
05-27-2011, 6:24 PM
I wouldn't mind seeing a new assasin droid like hk 47.

Could you be more specific please? Do you want the same model, new skin, different characteristics? What exactly do you want to see?
 harark1
05-27-2011, 7:00 PM
An idea just popped in my head. What about an astromech droid that was specially armed to be an asasian. Just an idea. Think it would be funny to see a droid like t3 calling people meatbags and blasting them with high powered blasters.
 harIII
05-27-2011, 7:13 PM
Interesting idea, an assassin astromech droid. Let me run that one by my cofounder and see what the rest of the team thinks, this one is odd to say the least. x)
 Slstoev
05-27-2011, 11:21 PM
What about IG-88?
 TimBob12
05-28-2011, 2:50 AM
^^^^^^^
Ooooooooh I like it.

My idea was to have some sort of holographic AI that follows you around perhaps. Or maybe just a permanent addition on the ship

http://images.wikia.com/masseffect/images/c/c9/Mira.jpg)

A bit like Mira from Mass Effect.
 Slstoev
05-28-2011, 8:06 AM
That would be awesome.
 harark1
05-28-2011, 8:56 AM
I think that AI looks amazing. But the Ig-88 idea is good too. But to do that it would have to be with the right time line, seeing Ig-88 died at the second death star and was created at holowan labrotories around the time of the new hope. When exactly does this tc take place?
 Canderis
05-28-2011, 10:14 AM
In between the two.
 Warlord664
06-02-2011, 1:36 PM
Some thing I've always wanted to see in a kotor game was a roadian party member. If you think it would fit with your story I think it would be a cool idea
 harIII
06-03-2011, 1:04 PM
That may actually be doable, I would have to get one of my contacts to do some modeling with it though. The game actually registers the Rodian head and body models as a single model rather than two. I'd have to separate the two models so that the head is separate from the body.
 CptPriceless
06-13-2011, 12:22 PM
need voicing? i might be able to do oriha
 harIII
06-13-2011, 7:59 PM
We will always need voice actors. Send a PM over to Timbob12 and he will get you started. He's the dude over the voicing thing because I can't figure out how to make lip files yet (the files that tell the character to move their lips with the dialog that's being said.)
 TimBob12
06-14-2011, 2:16 AM
Woops, forgot to say that this is for that, already got him :P

Just like to apologise for the lack of recent updates. I have been through a very busy period of exams that is slowly coming to an end. Hopefully new updates soon.
 Nick Vader
06-14-2011, 6:16 PM
Guys, just a heads-up.

I don't know whether you've thought about it or not, but there will be areas in the game like cantinas and public spaces (where the player can hang out, do side-quests, etc), in which you MUST add some... pazaak players!

I personally love the game and would like to meet a fellow pazaak player in-game. Even with a very simple conversation, just to play (It can be done quite easily, just by taking scripts from the game's areas like the scripts of an Onderonian pazaak player...)

What do you think???
 Working Class Hero
06-15-2011, 1:13 AM
I second that.
 harark1
06-15-2011, 8:31 AM
I *Counts number of multiple personalities :lol:* quadruple that.
 harIII
06-15-2011, 8:10 PM
Actually I had all intentions of adding games of pazack, in fact I already attempted to make a tournament but it was a bit sketchy. Adding player's won't be a problem, I actually wanted to also add the swoop track races but I have no idea how they work. Would someone be kind enough to tell me how the swoop races work? Methods, scripts, process, the whole nine yards...
 Nick Vader
06-16-2011, 6:05 AM
Actually I had all intentions of adding games of pazack, in fact I already attempted to make a tournament but it was a bit sketchy. Adding player's won't be a problem, I actually wanted to also add the swoop track races but I have no idea how they work. Would someone be kind enough to tell me how the swoop races work? Methods, scripts, process, the whole nine yards...

I'll look them up for you...
Also, thanks for considering this:thmbup1:
Page: 5 of 5