Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Knights of the Old Republic : The Jedi Masters

Page: 4 of 5
 CrisG
10-24-2008, 10:52 PM
this mod looks great, congrats on the hard effort. I too will be supporting the MMO along with all the other great work going on in restoration. All is about the same universe.
 totallyclueless
10-25-2008, 3:23 AM
I am pretty sure this will be done before the MMO is done so it will give us all something to do while we wait. Trex I am in awe of you. I can't even figure out how to use the tools. What you have done is mind blowing. Way to go.
 DarthVrook
10-25-2008, 6:01 AM
who is your chrackter revan or someone else?
 Trex
10-25-2008, 8:19 AM
who is your chrackter revan or someone else?

Both Revan and the Exile feature in the game, but you play as a new character. Due to my being a fan of a particular TV show, I've taken the opportunity to name the PC 'the doctor'. Obviously you get to choose your own name, but most characters will be calling you doctor/doc etc.

As far as I can guess it will start on redone Peragus and from there you can get to the new adventure.

You don't even have to go to Peragus. The mod takes over the game from the main menu. Observe :

http://img72.imageshack.us/img72/2539/menupv7.jpg)

One more thing. I've decided to change it to ten years after KOTOR2, not twenty. In retrospect, it was unnecessary to have it that far away, and the closer it is to TSL the more a part of the series it feels to me.
 Pikmin
10-25-2008, 9:10 AM
So how does the mod use the exile? Do you get to decide his/her appearance as well as gender? (Revan obviously wears a mask to his/her face doesn't matter)
 Trex
10-25-2008, 9:34 AM
So how does the mod use the exile? Do you get to decide his/her appearance as well as gender? (Revan obviously wears a mask to his/her face doesn't matter)

Decided to just make this as canon a while ago, so the Exile is female & LS. As for which appearance, I actually started this poll a while ago without telling anyone what it was really about : http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=190041). The most popular was fourteen, so that's what I went with.

I may add a way for it to change, but I'm undecided. Are a lot of people bothered about what the Exile's appearance should be?

EDIT : Or at least fourteen was the most popular last time I looked. It seems more people have posted since then. Never mind.
 Riot Razer
10-25-2008, 3:52 PM
it looks great since you had it mostly completed before you released it.
Although i might not download it considering it would override the option of Revenge of Reven and the colors look way too bright for my eyes, sorry, but keep it going. if there is a slight option to tone it down I would absolutley download it.
as for the exile thing you could set up a poll for male as well then make an alternate option in the conversation to say if the exile was light dark male or female and have the charecter differ acordingly.... unless it messes up the plot. Ill keep looking into the progress

PS go head 9
 Endorenna
10-25-2008, 5:51 PM
PS go head 9

Agreed. :) 9's the best for LS. 14 just seems--darker.
 XSASweet
10-25-2008, 6:17 PM
Man, I can't wait. It looks amazing
 Trex
10-25-2008, 7:29 PM
Although i might not download it considering it would override the option of Revenge of Reven

You can very easily have both. See an earlier post in the thread about creating more than one override folder.

and the colors look way too bright for my eyes,

Interesting. I've had several comments saying it's too dark, this is the first one saying it's too bright. Could you be more specific?

Agreed. :) 9's the best for LS. 14 just seems--darker.

Yeah, alright. I give in. It shouldn't be that hard to allow you to choose. Different dialog options spawning different utc files etc. I'll see what I can do in regards of allowing the exile appearance to be chosen.:D
 Riot Razer
10-25-2008, 7:53 PM
Trex
I didn't see the post on two folders..... interesting.... the quickrun would have trouble working wouldn't it
what i was saying on the colors is that the difference in the darkness, which i think is perfectly fine, contrasting with the really really bright sections, like the neon in HK's place, just makes it seem a little non natural. It is also the multiplex of red oranges and yellows in places that i have seen don't look like an of the other places in eigther the first two games, or any of the other sections of the star wars saga. otherwise, its just the color contrast that i find a problem.

Ill check up on the posts from now on.

p.s. 700mg that makes me laugh. its larger than the original halo game. it was like 654 or something around there
 The Betrayer
10-25-2008, 7:56 PM
What kind of creature is the thing above Revan in your sig?
Looks like a weird Yoda thing.
 jedi_christian
10-27-2008, 6:38 AM
woow!Al these total conversions and mods will keep me sweet until Star Wars The Old Republic!
 jonathan7
10-28-2008, 7:19 PM
 Trex
10-28-2008, 8:45 PM
Trailer's out at KotOR Files.... http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filefront.com/file/The_Jedi_Masters_Trailer;95236)
Cool.:)

Just finished putting this together too. Thought some of you might appreciate a more detailed explanation as to the mod's story and characters. Call it a press statement.

KNIGHTS OF THE OLD REPUBLIC : THE JEDI MASTERS

From the ashes of the Sith Triumvirate's devastation, a broken peace has arisen. A panicked senate, who feared the likes of Darth Nihlilus's power once again returning, have outlawed the Jedi. Following this act with increasingly tighter restrictions and curfews, the citizens slowly began to revolt.
Their faith in the Republic shattered, the people have split into five great factions ; Those who remained with the Republic senate, those who found safety with the corporate security of Czerka, those who succumbed to the lure of the Exchange, those of metal who found their savior in the newly self proclaimed Droid Overlord, and those who settled for the enigmatic promises of the mysterious faction which simply named itself 'The Company'.

Although the factions keep to their borders, tensions are forever increasing between them. The outlying Republic world of Telos now officially fully restored, both Droid and company factions fear it as a staging ground for an attack by the ambitious Supreme Chancellor Cressa. Rumors are abound that both the Exchange and Czerka are abusing their people, and all are concerned about the mass production of War Droids taking place on the second moon of M4-78.

Amongst all this, a lone doctor (you), who's true motivations are unclear, has taken it upon themselves to find a man named Revan who might once again unite the galaxy before all finally turns to war. On the advice of a Mandalorian warrior named Canderous Ordo, they set out to establish a truce between the Republic, the Droids, and the company, and to lead all three and their resources into the unknown regions.

Little do they know, that in finding the last location of the legendary Jedi general, they will unleash upon the people an enemy more deadly than they have ever seen. A group of Dark Force users who consider themselves the 'True Sith', which the general has held at bay on the rim of the galaxy for over a decade.

As the true threat returns, Revan must once again unite the five factions under one flag, before all of them face destruction. Beyond this, with the help of his old friends, the doctor, and their party of followers, he must break the will of the chancellor and disobey the laws of the senate. He must unite the protectors of the galaxy away from their hiding. He must unite The Jedi Masters.

FEATURES -

- A full new storyline spanning Seven planets and several smaller space stations and ships.
- Five all new characters to join your party. Three returning.
- The remaining two party members are for your two apprentices. After a certain point in the game, you will be able select your padawans from a choice of Five. You will be able to train them and either guide them towards the light, or lure them to the dark side.
- An all new ship, the Eagle, which also comes with some fun new features.

CHARACTERS -

- Tsig

http://img234.imageshack.us/img234/9263/tsig0yp3.jpg)

Your assistant for over two years Tsig fearlessly follows you wherever you go. A master technician, she's a whizz with either computers or repairs, and is a useful unarmed fighter. She also has quite a traumatic past with Czerka for you to find out about.

- Canderous

http://img266.imageshack.us/img266/1841/candcb9.jpg)

Although he still holds the rank of Mandalore, Canderous' plan to lead the Mandalorian clans back to former glory has almost come to a quiet halt. His followers one by one abandoning the base on Dxun, he believes that securing Revan's return to the known galaxy may be enough to justify his wanning years.

- The Shadow

http://img75.imageshack.us/img75/3844/shadap1.jpg)

An assassin who's initial allegiances are a mystery, he quickly proves himself by giving up his latest prize and signing up for the quest for Revan. His skills are in stealth and fast, strong attacks.

- Kannos

http://img162.imageshack.us/img162/7837/kannosuf6.jpg)

The leader of the Etti based 'company', Kannos is a master manipulator of people, as well as having a more than shady illegally based past. Although he's very physically week, his words can be poisonous, often turning people into crumbling wrecks before the fighting even starts.

- HK47

http://img293.imageshack.us/img293/8477/hkkc0.jpg)

Following his victory over the units known as HK50, an action which to some degree disobeyed his own core programing by contradicting his own self preservation protocols, HK came to the realization that he may be able to stretch his personal rules. His full hostile potential released, no longer does he follow a master, but still seeks his original one in the hope of getting the explanation to his year long memory gap.

Proclaiming himself the 'Droid Overlord', he used his newly acquired HK51 brigade to conquer and relocate their production factory to the M4-78 system and elevate it to full production. Following a public call to all the galaxy's droids, hundreds of thousands have flocked to his 'new empire', as all the while his own HK army continues to grow.

- Bastila Shan

http://img261.imageshack.us/img261/8168/bastwy2.jpg)

After visiting Telos during the attack of Darth Nihilus, she chose to stay there as the official Republic representative, continuing on through to it's current 'restored' status. Despite the outlawing of Jedi, Bastila has always carried her lightsaber with pride. The Republic tends to cast a blind eye as long as she keeps out of trouble.

- THE TRUE SITH

The ancient returning enemy. Are they a species? A cult? An ideal?
Well, you'll just have to play the mod for the answer to that.

What kind of creature is the thing above Revan in your sig?
Looks like a weird Yoda thing.

That would be one of the True Sith themselves. He's a new species I've modeled and kinda the 'shaman' of the small group.
 Canderis
10-28-2008, 9:01 PM
Holy crud this looks ausome! Nice Work! (trailer is exelent!)
 Endorenna
10-29-2008, 9:29 AM
Nice! I can't wait for this! :D

PS: I still like Bastilla's new clothes better than her old. Here she doesn't look so stinkin' buxom, thank goodness.
 Marius Fett
10-29-2008, 9:43 AM
Looking really good Trex. Some nice texturing work done on those areas! :)

The assassins face looks a little dodgy IMO, but apart from thay..

FLAWLESS.

:xp:
 Chevron 7 locke
10-29-2008, 4:23 PM
Just out of curiousity...do you think you could add the Handmaiden as a playable PC? she's one of the main reason's i play KOTOR2 and i'm afraid if there are any compatability issues i won't beable to play as her.
 Riot Razer
10-29-2008, 5:17 PM
OWNED FREAKING OWNED!!!!!
The plot is absoulutly amazing. The pics for the charecters works out great. the plot for HK shockingly sound exactly like what he would do anyway.... The background is a retextured version of goto's Yacht right? Bastila looks a bit more asian and sort of evil...
i look forward to trying it out
 Razgriz1928
10-29-2008, 10:27 PM
Nice, the mod looks amazing, and the screenshots look pretty sweet too, but the Wallpapers look a little sloppy. If you want, I could give you a hand with them.

But other then that, I can't wait.
 The Betrayer
10-30-2008, 1:24 AM
Those characters are amazing and very in-depth! I find myself relating to Kannos in a way :).
 Drunkside
10-30-2008, 7:04 AM
OH MY GOD!!!!!!! Man this is awesome in the true meaning of the word...
 Trex
10-30-2008, 7:12 AM
The assassins face looks a little dodgy IMO, but apart from thay..

Lol. It's the beard isn't it? :D
I've tried at least seven times to get that thing right. I might just have to give up and get him a clean shave.

Just out of curiousity...do you think you could add the Handmaiden as a playable PC? she's one of the main reason's i play KOTOR2 and i'm afraid if there are any compatability issues i won't beable to play as her.

Hmm. If you use a mod could you give me a link to it. It might just work if you install after installing TJM.

Those characters are amazing and very in-depth! I find myself relating to Kannos in a way :).

Be warned; he's a bit of a sociopath. He's also my favourite character though. :)
 Darth Novotnus
10-30-2008, 7:19 AM
Be warned; he's a bit of a sociopath. He's also my favourite character though. :)

I love his speech in the trailer. He has a voice of a real calm, destructive psycho... someone like Hannibal Lecter or Jigsaw. Greatly acted.
 The Betrayer
10-30-2008, 8:11 AM
Do tell me Kannos is a genius! :D
 jrrtoken
10-30-2008, 8:40 AM
The plot looks pretty brilliant so far. I might consider this as the true canonical KotOR III if it turns out all right. :D
 Marius Fett
10-30-2008, 9:16 AM
Lol. It's the beard isn't it? :D
I've tried at least seven times to get that thing right. I might just have to give up and get him a clean shave.

:lol:

It doesn't look too bad, but maybe a clean shave might be best.. ;)

Keep up the good work!
 Christos K
10-30-2008, 12:02 PM
Awesome cant wait to play :)
 Trex
10-30-2008, 8:31 PM
Do tell me Kannos is a genius! :D

Yeah, he's pretty much that style of character. His specialty is in verbally manipulating people.

Think Hannibal Lector does Wormtongue.

It doesn't look too bad, but maybe a clean shave might be best.. ;)

I'll give it a couple more goes then give up. I just really want a character with stubble.:)
 Darth Novotnus
10-31-2008, 1:00 AM
Trex, there is one more thing. You mentioned, that one of the Jedi Masters is Q'Anilla. Now we know, that the poor thing killed herself during Haazen's uprising. Are you going to leave her in the game? Or maybe there is a chance for my beloved Visas to take her place? : )
 Pikmin
10-31-2008, 8:24 AM
or Jolee, you could reskin one of the pc heads to look like him.
 Trex
10-31-2008, 9:40 AM
Trex, there is one more thing. You mentioned, that one of the Jedi Masters is Q'Anilla. Now we know, that the poor thing killed herself during Haazen's uprising. Are you going to leave her in the game? Or maybe there is a chance for my beloved Visas to take her place? : )

It is a bit awkward, isn't it. Thing is, I've already cut out Haazen because of what's happened in the comics. I don't really want to loose another.

Since, mainly because of the MMORPG story, this going to be a sort of uncanonical alternative universe storyline, I might just have to say that everything after a certain point in the official storyline never happened.

or Jolee, you could reskin one of the pc heads to look like him.

Actually, the original intention was to have both him and Juhani in this as Jedi masters. One of the main reasons I included some of the comic book characters is that neither of their models or textures are in KOTOR2. As you say, I could reskin/remodel some of the heads, but to be honest, I don't know if I can be bothered at this late stage of production.

I'll have to see.
 Darth Payne
10-31-2008, 9:45 AM
You could always have one of the characters talk about them a bit and say that they are 'on asignment.'
 Darth Novotnus
10-31-2008, 10:42 AM
It is a bit awkward, isn't it. Thing is, I've already cut out Haazen because of what's happened in the comics. I don't really want to loose another.

Well, you can do it other way and just make present Q'Anilla other Miralukian seer from the Convenant. She can be as well in love with Lucien, if that was a part of the plot (you can see some more Miralukian seers in one flashback). I guess it won't make a lot of plot changes.
Personaly I don't take MMO too serious. Is that cannon? And what if my allmighty Sith character will overthrow the Republic? Is that cannon too? ; )
 Pikmin
10-31-2008, 12:29 PM
No the cannon story will be the lightside one. And since this is a story based MMO, of course it's cannon.
 Darth Novotnus
10-31-2008, 3:34 PM
My point is that it's almost impossible to make every player's plot cannon... The Republic-Sith war is cannon for sure, some NPCs are cannon, but that's all I think.

Please no more off-topic posts about 'canon'. Stay on topic folks. Feel free to take the discussion to PM's. -RH
 SpartanPride
10-31-2008, 7:33 PM
Trex, KEEP THE BEARD ON THE ASSASSIN.

There is nothing worse than clean-shaved men with ponytails.

The stubble looks good.
 jedi7000nathan
11-06-2008, 11:32 PM
any other party members
 SpartanPride
11-07-2008, 1:01 AM
Hmm... what colour of eyes does Tsig have? Brown?

You should make them a lighter colour to bring them out.
 vanir
11-07-2008, 5:12 AM
Nice. Looking forward to it. I like the angle on the True Sith. Always liked the comics best of all, IMHO they best Lucas himself. A bit more starship action is thoroughly welcomed, too. It was one of the things missing from KotorII, which gives but a taste of something I think we'd all like to see more of. It's Star Wars after all, which is centred around starships, naturally.

In fact when you think about it the story of the Sith begins with starships landing on their planet, the ascendancy of the Dark Lords and the unleashing of those ancient, primordeal Sith disciplines upon a relatively ill-prepared galactic society. Nature had otherwise rendered such teachings to the canons of the most ancient planetbound histories, abandoned as social and technological development necessarily left behind certain more self destructive concepts such as the wonton slaughter of innocents for no more reason than personal gratifications. Such a sociology could not survive the development of planet-busting advanced technologies and tremendous intellect behind hyperdrives. But in the case of the Sith these homeless Dark Jedi altered the natural course of evolution and happened across such primeval madness, as in their nature not combating it but absorbing it and unleashing it upon the galaxy. Thus even the esoteric conflict of the Star Wars universe is marked by the appearance of starships.
 Trex
11-07-2008, 6:59 AM
any other party members

A fair few. I think there's 15 possible, but I want to keep them a surprise.

Going by earlier posted screens, you could probably take a good guess as to one (hint : he wears a mask :)).

Hmm... what colour of eyes does Tsig have? Brown?

You should make them a lighter colour to bring them out.

They're actually green, and for some reason, they are a lot brighter in the game, as are Kannos' blue ones. Not too sure why they're darker in the pics.

Similarly, Canderous's beard is a lot whiter. It looks more gray above.
 redrob41
11-07-2008, 9:23 AM
... But in the case of the Sith these homeless Dark Jedi altered the natural course of evolution and happened across such primeval madness, as in their nature not combating it but absorbing it and unleashing it upon the galaxy...
That's a really interesting look at the Sith as a species. It's that kind of deep thinking that keeps stories interesting.
They're actually green, and for some reason, they are a lot brighter in the game, as are Kannos' blue ones. Not too sure why they're darker in the pics.

I've noticed that TSL turns up the screen brightness as well as changing the screen resolution when it boots up. I've regularly had to edit my screenshots to compensate (usually just a small Levels adjustment, often Auto Levels is enough).

As for the trailer, it looks really interesting and well planned. You sure seem to be a fan of characters having fins on thier heads (I'm thinking of the modified HK and the black garbed, white headed aliens near the end :)). It should be really fun to play, and to watch the story unfold :thumbsup:.
 DarthVrook
11-07-2008, 11:52 AM
I have a question will Kannos be in the group or is he a sith lord who must be defeat
 Add Steem
11-10-2008, 1:33 PM
lol read trex's posts above
 SpartanPride
11-10-2008, 4:09 PM
A fair few. I think there's 15 possible, but I want to keep them a surprise.

Going by earlier posted screens, you could probably take a good guess as to one (hint : he wears a mask :)).

Ah - I see :)

I wouldn't know. I have never taken a screen shot from TSL :P
 SonGoku360
11-10-2008, 7:03 PM
will the Jedi Exile be making an appearance?
 Exile007
11-10-2008, 10:27 PM
To be honest with you Trex, when I saw the title of this thread I was very skeptical of it. But after seeing the trailers my only words are holy crap... :eek:

This looks very awesome, and I can't wait to download it. :D I do have a couple comments/criticisms though.

-Storyline looks freaking cool man, it looks like this could be considered a new game if you made it from scratch. :xp:
-Characters look good too, reskins ain't bad at all.
-True Sith look really sweet, the "shaman" looks awesome.
-Area reskins look decent. I had some trouble recognizing some of the areas (some I still can't recognize :lol:). The textures look alright, some are better then others. Like I think the droid areas could use a bit of work. Coruscant though, looks amazing.

Overall, I can see that a lot of time and effort went into the making of this mod, I'm stumbling through my own planet mod and jeesh you have a lot of patience, considering the amount of planets in this. :lol: Good luck finishing the rest of it. ;)

One question: The PC is a Jedi right? (or at least force sensitive?)
 SonGoku360
11-11-2008, 2:23 AM
Question, will I have any issues running this mod on Vista?
 Trex
11-11-2008, 6:31 AM
One question: The PC is a Jedi right? (or at least force sensitive?)

It's sort of complicated, but yes they are Force sensitive.

They're a normal person with mild Force sensitivity , until they end up 'tainted' by the spirit of Dark Lord, unlocking their true potential.

The way I see it, Kotor 1 had you trained a LS Jedi, then gave you the option of turning to the dark side. Kotor 2 had you start, sort of trained as a gray Jedi, then had you swing either way. So, for this I have you start out more trained by a Sith, then with the option of turning towards the light.

Question, will I have any issues running this mod on Vista?

Don't worry. I'm making it on Vista. :)
Page: 4 of 5