Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

[tsl] KOTOR: Revenge of Revan

Page: 22 of 37
 Darth_Sasuna
09-14-2010, 11:49 PM
sup everyone i have been out of it for a while(actually making a campaing for age of empires rise of rome :)) anyone have that game CONTACT ME FOR ONLINE PLAY IT IS STILL ALIVE!!!

i have a question say i wanna play kotor 2 still and i install your mod will it overwrite or mess with the original game at all? i know in some cases that this happens to games that someone will make a mod and if u try to do something with the game it may sync out! i was jjust curious!

and if i can do anything to help i have maybe i little time were i can do anything small and very easy so say (i got maybe a month before i leave) so hit me up let me know!! i love this mod and support it greatly you guys are doing a h*** of a job you really are!! KEEPT AT IT!!

also logan if i get lucky i may be able to learn coding through the navy as a school if so it could be a year before i get out of my schools, but if you r still working on this i will contact u however i can and offer my aid then!! i love this mod i rly do! that is if i learn coding through them if not then it will be a long time before i finish learning coding lolz cuz i will do it in college as a degree as well ;)
 Working Class Hero
09-15-2010, 12:41 AM
i have a question say i wanna play kotor 2 still and i install your mod will it overwrite or mess with the original game at all? i know in some cases that this happens to games that someone will make a mod and if u try to do something with the game it may sync out! i was jjust curious
I don't see how you'd be able to flip between vanilla and ror. You'd have to empty the override everytime you wanted to, and you'd have to have a backup of the Modules, lips, data, and probably others. Then you'd have to deal with the 2das....so no, I highly doubt you'd be able to do that. It would be best to simply reinstall k2 when you're done with ror.
 salam263
09-15-2010, 2:09 AM
Thank you for answaring my question Logan! :) About the installation.... The only mod that i have installed and worked is tslrcm. The other mods that i have installed is YavinIV and Bossr and none of them worked.... Both was installed with the tslpatcher.. maybe the problem is that it won't work on my kotor, maybe i just did something wrong... When you are installing mods with the tsl patcher, what's the differens exactly? Couse i have NO idea.....
 Lord of Hunger
09-15-2010, 6:01 AM
Thank you for answaring my question Logan! :) About the installation.... The only mod that i have installed and worked is tslrcm. The other mods that i have installed is YavinIV and Bossr and none of them worked.... Both was installed with the tslpatcher.. maybe the problem is that it won't work on my kotor, maybe i just did something wrong... When you are installing mods with the tsl patcher, what's the differens exactly? Couse i have NO idea.....
Hey, from what I know Yavin IV and BOSSR are incompatible (if I am wrong, someone please correct me). Also, if you do install BOSSR with the TSL Patcher, you may have to tell all of your folders to not "read-only" in the properties section. There's some more info about it in the BOSSR thread in the Taris Emporium.

As for the TSL Patcher, it's a tool by Stoffe that is capable of editing and merging .2da files (among other things). This helps increase the compatibility of major mods, as one usually needs to edit the .2da files to alter the more significant parts of the game or add larger content like BOSSR.

Hope all of that helps. :thmbup1:
 salam263
09-15-2010, 10:12 AM
Hey, from what I know Yavin IV and BOSSR are incompatible (if I am wrong, someone please correct me). Also, if you do install BOSSR with the TSL Patcher, you may have to tell all of your folders to not "read-only" in the properties section. There's some more info about it in the BOSSR thread in the Taris Emporium.

As for the TSL Patcher, it's a tool by Stoffe that is capable of editing and merging .2da files (among other things). This helps increase the compatibility of major mods, as one usually needs to edit the .2da files to alter the more significant parts of the game or add larger content like BOSSR.

Hope all of that helps. :thmbup1:

Thanks, i'll check it out and if i still don't understand i'll send you a message.
By the way, i'm from Sweden and i have no idea what incompatible means... Any way, thanks!
 Phildevil
09-15-2010, 10:39 AM
Incompatible means that if you install both, you will run into (gamebreaking) bugs and will be forced to start over.
 salam263
09-15-2010, 10:41 AM
Incompatible means that if you install both, you will run into (gamebreaking) bugs and will be forced to start over.

well, that hasn't been happening to me. Maybe becouse none of them work... or that i have reinstalled the game.... I had the best of pc installed and played with the usial disc but now i uninstalled the best of pc and installed the usial game (not mac by the way).
 logan23
09-15-2010, 8:21 PM
Hey,

How about an optional torrent version?

Right now there is no plan for one i know how this will be distributed and will be tested once Beta starts. I am sure that someone out there will end up creating a torrent for this mod.

i have a question say i wanna play kotor 2 still and i install your mod will it overwrite or mess with the original game at all? i know in some cases that this happens to games that someone will make a mod and if u try to do something with the game it may sync out! i was jjust curious!

I don't see how you'd be able to flip between vanilla and ror. You'd have to empty the override everytime you wanted to, and you'd have to have a backup of the Modules, lips, data, and probably others. Then you'd have to deal with the 2das....so no, I highly doubt you'd be able to do that. It would be best to simply reinstall k2 when you're done with ror.

Actually you don't need to re-install kotor2.

What you do is take the kotor2 override folder you have before installing RoR and change its name to ....ORGOverride

Kotor2 will not see this over ride and you can create a new file named Override then install RoR and the files will go into the fresh new override folder.

After playing RoR or if you want to switch back to the original kotor2 game you just need to change the RoR override folder to a new name like ROROverride and change the ORGOverride file back to the name Override. This will solve the override file issues.

One last thing you would have to do is change the name of the 001EBO.mod file to another name like rror.mod so the game will not use the file and will go to the original 001EBOerf module file.

The last thing you would have to change is the intro movie file to another name and place back the original which will be in the backup file folder.

Then you are ready to play the original game again. As for lips and VOs they should not have the same name as any other mod out there or existing game file name for theses areas so the game will just not use them/see them.

These instructions can be also used for you to jump back and forth between RoR and the Original kotor2 game when ever you want to.

As you can see you do not need to re-install kotor2 :thmbup1:

@salam263
Lord of Hunger i believe is correct those two are not compatible mods. If you try to run them together in the same override folder,etc you will end up with parts of the game not activating the missions/quests,..or you will get the wrong NPC appearance.

Logan
 salam263
09-16-2010, 2:02 AM
Hey,

Right now there is no plan for one i know how this will be distributed and will be tested once Beta starts. I am sure that someone out there will end up creating a torrent for this mod.

Actually you don't need to re-install kotor2.

What you do is take the kotor2 override folder you have before installing RoR and change its name to ....ORGOverride

Kotor2 will not see this over ride and you can create a new file named Override then install RoR and the files will go into the fresh new override folder.

After playing RoR or if you want to switch back to the original kotor2 game you just need to change the RoR override folder to a new name like ROROverride and change the ORGOverride file back to the name Override. This will solve the override file issues.

One last thing you would have to do is change the name of the 001EBO.mod file to another name like rror.mod so the game will not use the file and will go to the original 001EBOerf module file.

The last thing you would have to change is the intro movie file to another name and place back the original which will be in the backup file folder.

Then you are ready to play the original game again. As for lips and VOs they should not have the same name as any other mod out there or existing game file name for theses areas so the game will just not use them/see them.

These instructions can be also used for you to jump back and forth between RoR and the Original kotor2 game when ever you want to.

As you can see you do not need to re-install kotor2 :thmbup1:

@salam263
Lord of Hunger i believe is correct those two are not compatible mods. If you try to run them together in the same override folder,etc you will end up with parts of the game not activating the missions/quests,..or you will get the wrong NPC appearance.

Logan

Can't you make a video on youtube or something to show people how to install the mod.... Becouse i have no talant of installing mods at all :(
And thank's for explaining that to me :)
 darthdan11
09-16-2010, 5:06 AM
Can't you make a video on youtube or something to show people how to install the mod.... Becouse i have no talant of installing mods at all :(
And thank's for explaining that to me :)

I doubt, they would make a big mod like this complicated to install.. It would eiether.. be "move these files to this folder" or a simple installer or TSLpatcher..
 salam263
09-16-2010, 10:56 AM
I doubt, they would make a big mod like this complicated to install.. It would eiether.. be "move these files to this folder" or a simple installer or TSLpatcher..

Yeah probably, but the two only mods i have installed with the tslpatcher haven't worked (there's probably something about the tslpatcher i don't now :( ) and i've never done "move these files to this folder" installation and the only mod that i have installed (and worked) is tslrcm and i don't now what that mod was installed with but probably a simple installation...
 darthdan11
09-16-2010, 1:49 PM
Yeah probably, but the two only mods i have installed with the tslpatcher haven't worked (there's probably something about the tslpatcher i don't now :( ) and i've never done "move these files to this folder" installation and the only mod that i have installed (and worked) is tslrcm and i don't now what that mod was installed with but probably a simple installation...

Basicly, he will have folders named "Overide", "Modules" ect, and you just move the files in his override folder to the overide folder in the kotor directory, simple as that... and you would do the same with the other folders..
 redrob41
09-16-2010, 5:44 PM
since this train of thought is getting a bit off topic, I'm going to point you in the direction of one of the stickies on the main Holowan page:
http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=143422)

That thread deals specifically with installing mods, and should already have answers to a lot of your questions :)
 darthdan11
09-16-2010, 7:59 PM
since this train of thought is getting a bit off topic, I'm going to point you in the direction of one of the stickies on the main Holowan page:
http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=143422)

That thread deals specifically with installing mods, and should already have answers to a lot of your questions :)

I forgot about that thread :L
 ᴱᴻᴵᴳᴹᴬ
09-17-2010, 9:04 AM
Wow, this is looking really good, looking forward to seeing more!
 darthdan11
09-17-2010, 7:03 PM
Wow, this is looking really good, looking forward to seeing more!

Its truly a great mod and cannot wait for a demo, Im gonna love playing this, just as much as I love playing TSL, Which I have played over and over again ever since it came out :L
 logan23
09-19-2010, 2:07 PM
Hey

Back with some pics

At the Jedi Temple with a Jedi meditating
http://img135.imageshack.us/img135/4493/k200617.jpg)

A Jedi master instructing Younglings (The hands will be fixed)
http://img245.imageshack.us/img245/4011/k200618.jpg)

Now with Shiny Armor
http://img836.imageshack.us/img836/3792/k200623.jpg)

http://img522.imageshack.us/img522/6719/k200628.jpg)

MORE TO COME.....
 Darth Payne
09-19-2010, 2:26 PM
I LOVE the shiny jedi armor, though the leg pieces seemed a little too shiny. (might just be the lighting though)

And why is that Rep Soldier fighting the two Jedi?
 Darth Crados
09-19-2010, 2:29 PM
Nice pics logan ;)
Two questions though: the first picture reminds me of deathdisco's jedi temple mod. Is it the same or another reskin from the enclave sub-level?
2- The hilt in the master's hand (the yoda's species) seems a little too... big, due to his size. Is it meant to be like that?
Keep up the great Work ;)
 salam263
09-19-2010, 2:46 PM
Wow! really great pics! so how many planets are done?
 darthdan11
09-19-2010, 3:32 PM
Wow! really great pics! so how many planets are done?

They really are great pics, hope to see more soon :) its also good to see a total conversion mod that is on going, cause there are sooo many that seem to start up.. then people just quit and forget about it :L
 Ed Nigma
09-19-2010, 4:54 PM
Hey

Back with some pics

Now with Shiny Armor

MORE TO COME.....

HOLY HUTT HINEY!!!

That's SICK!!!
 Darth Payne
09-19-2010, 5:29 PM
HOLY HUTT HINEY!!!

Lol, this was one i've never heard before. (could've done without the imagery though)
 logan23
09-19-2010, 6:58 PM
HOLY HUTT HINEY!!!

Hutts have butts??? I just assume they didn't lol
 redrob41
09-20-2010, 12:15 AM

Have you tried putting different clothing.uti in their .utc files? I think that there are 9 or 10 different variations.

BTW, are the Mirialan boys supposed to be twins? :)

I LOVE the shiny jedi armor, though the leg pieces seemed a little too shiny. (might just be the lighting though)

Since I added the shine, I might play around with that for future releases.
 Ed Nigma
09-20-2010, 3:11 AM
Hutts have butts??? I just assume they didn't lol

They have butts, but it's not a pretty sight...
 darthdan11
09-20-2010, 3:45 AM
Question about the shiny armour

!. is it a seperate armour piece... Or does it come with the jedi robes..

2. Im guessing its metal shiney armour, so does that mean it will restrict some force powers??
 redrob41
09-20-2010, 11:28 AM
Question about the shiny armour

!. is it a seperate armour piece... Or does it come with the jedi robes..

2. Im guessing its metal shiney armour, so does that mean it will restrict some force powers??

Download & check out Darth Darkus' Armored Robes mod (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=202234). All I did was add the alpha channel to the metal parts, and made a .txi file with the envmap CM_Baremetal. In DD's mod, he didn't have metal shine, but two of the robes had ragged edged cloaks (they use the default, transparent shader).

There aren't any restrictions on Force powers, since they are technically Jedi robes (they use the padawan model).
 darthdan11
09-20-2010, 12:11 PM
Download & check out Darth Darkus' Armored Robes mod (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=202234). All I did was add the alpha channel to the metal parts, and made a .txi file with the envmap CM_Baremetal. In DD's mod, he didn't have metal shine, but two of the robes had ragged edged cloaks (they use the default, transparent shader).

There aren't any restrictions on Force powers, since they are technically Jedi robes (they use the padawan model).

Thats for the answers xD and thats awesome xD there really good
 HdVaderII
09-20-2010, 10:39 PM
I thought hutts were all butt...

On topic: The pictures look really great, and it's awesome to see a mod like this have so much progress since it began. Keep it up, you're all doing great so far!
 deathdisco
09-20-2010, 11:23 PM
Nice pics logan ;)
Two questions though: the first picture reminds me of deathdisco's jedi temple mod. Is it the same or another reskin from the enclave sub-level?
2- The hilt in the master's hand (the yoda's species) seems a little too... big, due to his size. Is it meant to be like that?
Keep up the great Work ;)

Logan asked for permission to use those modules way back in April of '08.
Unless something changed, those should be the modules from my mod. Though I'm sure they've probably been tweaked to his liking.

At the time I had no idea of the depth and scope of what he and his team were going to create and that they'd be at it this long.
Keep up the good work. You guys are truly Masters! :thmbup1:
 Darth Darkus
09-21-2010, 7:07 AM
hey cool. I didn't get to check out the robes after the improvement but they look really cool. only thing is that you can't have the ragged edges on the sith versions anymore but wth this is going to be a cool mod.:rock::rock::rock:
 redrob41
09-21-2010, 12:31 PM
hey cool. I didn't get to check out the robes after the improvement but they look really cool. only thing is that you can't have the ragged edges on the sith versions anymore but wth this is going to be a cool mod.:rock::rock::rock:

yeah, it's too bad that it has to be one or the other, 'cause those ragged robes looked good. It'd be awesome if we could have more than one shader applied to each texture, but it can't be done.
 Seikan
09-21-2010, 12:35 PM
And wouldn't it be possible to instead of have two shaders for one textures, have to textures for one armor? it's possible with masks, weapons etc, so...
 redrob41
09-21-2010, 3:41 PM
And wouldn't it be possible to instead of have two shaders for one textures, have to textures for one armor? it's possible with masks, weapons etc, so...

while it is possible to have two textures with one robe, it wouldn't work very well for playable characters. The way the appearance.2da is set up, it requires one group of textures for each model. In this case all the PMBI01 - PMBI10 textures, which would override the names embedded in the .mdl file.

If it was a unique character, they could have a unique model and pair of textures. The tex names would be hex edited into the .mdl file, and there would be no texture listed in the appearance.2da file.
 .:Lord Revan:.
09-22-2010, 2:05 PM

Now with Shiny Armor

Hey nice pics logan, about the younglings is there like a way to put some better looking clothes on them so they don't look like the dregs of the underlevels.

And the armored robes I am trying to think of the right word um :migraine: OH, Shiny :D.
 darthdan11
09-27-2010, 9:09 AM
Any more news??
 TriggerGod
09-27-2010, 6:50 PM
Any more news??

Obviously not, and if there was then he'd probably wait until he has more news. If it was something important, logan or redrob would post about it. Otherwise, patience is a virtue.
 darthdan11
09-28-2010, 6:44 AM
Obviously not, and if there was then he'd probably wait until he has more news. If it was something important, logan or redrob would post about it. Otherwise, patience is a virtue.

I usually am paitent...

Sometimes :P xD
 Qui-Gon Glenn
09-29-2010, 12:45 AM
I usually am paitent...
Not as I recall from the TSLRP forums.

Please do as TriggerGod advised, Dan, and take a chill pill on pressing mod developers for release dates and news. You have seen what that can do to a forum... oops, I have seen what it can do to a forum, you have done it.

On-Topic: the most recent screens, as with most of the screens shown in this thread, have a richness of color that is almost always lacking in TSL. Crispness, detail, everything is visually enhanced. *Better*.
 darthdan11
09-29-2010, 11:19 AM
Not as I recall from the TSLRP forums.

Please do as TriggerGod advised, Dan, and take a chill pill on pressing mod developers for release dates and news. You have seen what that can do to a forum... oops, I have seen what it can do to a forum, you have done it.

On-Topic: the most recent screens, as with most of the screens shown in this thread, have a richness of color that is almost always lacking in TSL. Crispness, detail, everything is visually enhanced. *Better*.

I dont even recall being in the TSLRP forums??? :/ and sorry I didnt mean to offened anyone :(
 TriggerGod
09-29-2010, 8:08 PM
I dont even recall being in the TSLRP forums??? :/

Huh. Well, there was a darthdan on the TSLRP forums a while back, I remember back when I actually used it.
 darthdan11
09-30-2010, 5:44 AM
Huh. Well, there was a darthdan on the TSLRP forums a while back, I remember back when I actually used it.

The only places I go to look for news in mods, it here, this forum and Kotorfiles on file planet, I havent made an account of the TSLRP, forum before..

Oh and deadly steam... But Im under a different username on that one...

On topic- Logan all your stuff is great, well done and cant wait for the demo xD welldone to the rest of the team too, also sorry I was actully asking for more news its more like my way of saying " Hows it going" lol
 Anakin_Xisali
10-14-2010, 12:09 PM
Has this thread moved or something?
 redrob41
10-14-2010, 12:32 PM
Has this thread moved or something?

No, we're still here. It's just that most of the work is happening behind the scenes right now, and there isn't anything to post screenshots about.
 redrob41
10-14-2010, 4:18 PM
hey, did you see this post about TOR?
http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=205414) (it links to this interview):
http://www.starwarsmmo.net/news/daniel-erikson-clears-up-playable-species-questions/)
I read the interview, and it had some interesting points. With all the playable aliens that we have in RoR, we really need to get the species recognition working.

I was thinking that after the title crawl, and we first see the Padawan (I still think it would be funny to have him wake up from sleeping), instead of talking to Quan Drayen right away, he should talk to a protocol droid (the droid is waking you up, like a butler crossed with an alarm clock :lol:). The droid would first let you get dressed (tutorial mode for opening lockers and equiping clothes), with choice of long padawan robe or the three basic Jedi clothes that you see at character creation screen (Sentinel, Consular, & Guardian under tunic). Then it could have some dialogue about needing to update some records in the Jedi archive, for ID purposes maybe. One of the questions could be "Species:" to which we would have all the available ones listed. When you pick a dialog tree, it should have a script that adds the species.uti to your hidden item slot.

For some species, there may be additional items that need to be given. For example, if you tell the droid that you are Miraluka, it will respond: "That reminds me, Master, your headwear has been cleaned, and placed in the locker by the door." There would be a script that spawns a new locker with a few items in it (I still need to make a few optional items like veils and goggles). I can't think of any other species specific items that we'd need to spawn.

After entering all data for the Jedi records, the protocol droid could "remind" you that Master Drayen is to meet with you soon, and that there is a training droid available to pass the time until then. Once the droid's dialog has ended and it exits the room, it would pretty much be the point where you currently have the module starting.

Once all that is done, it would be a matter of adding lines of dialog throughout the game that recognizes your species "feat". Depending on which species you were should determine how NPCs react to you. This is what Erikson was talking about.

Anyway, its food for thought (and something to talk about here in the thread :raise:). I need to get back to work :D.
 darthdan11
10-14-2010, 4:22 PM
hey, did you see this post about TOR?
http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=205414) (it links to this interview):
http://www.starwarsmmo.net/news/daniel-erikson-clears-up-playable-species-questions/)
I read the interview, and it had some interesting points. With all the playable aliens that we have in RoR, we really need to get the species recognition working.

I was thinking that after the title crawl, and we first see the Padawan (I still think it would be funny to have him wake up from sleeping), instead of talking to Quan Drayen right away, he should talk to a protocol droid (the droid is waking you up, like a butler crossed with an alarm clock :lol:). The droid would first let you get dressed (tutorial mode for opening lockers and equiping clothes), with choice of long padawan robe or the three basic Jedi clothes that you see at character creation screen (Sentinel, Consular, & Guardian under tunic). Then it could have some dialogue about needing to update some records in the Jedi archive, for ID purposes maybe. One of the questions could be "Species:" to which we would have all the available ones listed. When you pick a dialog tree, it should have a script that adds the species.uti to your hidden item slot.

For some species, there may be additional items that need to be given. For example, if you tell the droid that you are Miraluka, it will respond: "That reminds me, Master, your headwear has been cleaned, and placed in the locker by the door." There would be a script that spawns a new locker with a few items in it (I still need to make a few optional items like veils and goggles). I can't think of any other species specific items that we'd need to spawn.

After entering all data for the Jedi records, the protocol droid could "remind" you that Master Drayen is to meet with you soon, and that there is a training droid available to pass the time until then. Once the droid's dialog has ended and it exits the room, it would pretty much be the point where you currently have the module starting.

Once all that is done, it would be a matter of adding lines of dialog throughout the game that recognizes your species "feat". Depending on which species you were should determine how NPCs react to you. This is what Erikson was talking about.

Anyway, its food for thought (and something to talk about here in the thread :raise:). I need to get back to work :D.

That sounds pretty cool :)
 storm-rider
10-14-2010, 6:28 PM
looks really good, u are gonna post it here when complete arent u?.....u better DO! lol :D
 logan23
10-16-2010, 12:10 AM
Hey everyone!

I'm just making a quick up date here.

As redrob41 stated I have been doing a lot of behind the scenes for the Demo so it will be ready for testing.....

And I would like to officially announce that the Beta Testing for the Demo's content has Started!

As for the PC's Species recognition from NPCs.....
We are still working on getting a script that will allow us to do this.

MORE TO COME.......

Logan
 salam263
10-16-2010, 3:59 AM
Hey everyone!

I'm just making a quick up date here.

As redrob41 stated I have been doing a lot of behind the scenes for the Demo so it will be ready for testing.....

And I would like to officially announce that the Beta Testing for the Demo's content has Started!

As for the PC's Species recognition from NPCs.....
We are still working on getting a script that will allow us to do this.

MORE TO COME.......

Logan

awsome :D
Page: 22 of 37