Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Star Wars Battlefront III - Supah Thread! [Retired]

Page: 19 of 23
 jawathehutt
02-26-2007, 6:30 PM
I think we've discussed everything to death.
 Redleader870
02-26-2007, 7:51 PM
So does anyone know if it is confirmed that they are even going to make a Battlefront 3?
 Relenzo2
02-26-2007, 9:05 PM
From the last message back:
Yes(thrice), You bet, all actually, there's nothing new there my freind all has been decided before your time, I couldn't make heads or tails of that.
 MachineCult
02-26-2007, 9:15 PM
So does anyone know if it is confirmed that they are even going to make a Battlefront 3?
They haven't made any official confirmation but it has been confirmed that the devs who did the Timesplitters games are working on it. So it is probably going to happen, but nothing is certain just yet.
 Rogue Spy
02-27-2007, 3:06 AM
@ Rookie guy, i mean Rogue Spy. that's ok

this vibro stuff is confusing! :s
If you knew who i really was, im far from a rookie...*cough* i mean good comback! And yeh lol from the looks of things (iv browsed nearly every page of this thread) you guys have discussed pretty much everything on BFIII.
 Relenzo2
02-27-2007, 7:39 AM
Yes, we have to discuss really original and obscure things to avoid getting flamed. Watch your step.
 Daft Adidas
02-27-2007, 11:10 AM
so if we've discussed everything what do we do? so a goodbye to this thread and let it die?
 Relenzo2
02-27-2007, 11:51 AM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! You can't do that! What will I do without this thread?
 PoiuyWired
02-27-2007, 4:02 PM
Well, won't hurt if we leave it running either. I mean whenever anything fps related or the like shows up in Star Wars title there are new stuff to discuss. THink about how the Unleshed engine would do to this series...
 Relenzo2
02-27-2007, 4:27 PM
Yeah, and we'll want it when BFIII comes out.
 MachineCult
02-27-2007, 5:27 PM
You can't let it die, it's stickied FFS. So just leave it until someone has a new idea or there is some news regarding SWBF3.
 azimnj
02-27-2007, 10:24 PM
ya i have a new idea.ok the capital ships should have more hallways i agree with you guys,and maybe when you go into a room as the empire,you will see vader choking an imp officer.or as a clone trooper you see a neimoidian or a muun being arrested.and as rebel you see han and leia talking.as cis,you see grievous training with his magnaguards.what do you think about that?
 jawathehutt
02-27-2007, 10:37 PM
no offense, but it sounds like a waste of my CPU, it might be cool in a story line driven game, but this is battlefront, you kill and take CPs. The battlefield games have shown you dont need much extra scenery.
 Rogue Spy
02-28-2007, 3:36 AM
If this great thread is becoming spam, why don't we reduce the posting and leave it until something really worth talking about is posted.
 MachineCult
02-28-2007, 7:43 AM
All they have to do to the Cap ships is make it so that the Rebel, Empire, Republic and CIS interiors aren't all identical.
 [ANAL]Pathology
02-28-2007, 10:05 AM
Yeah ,...

Probably said already (aint goin trough 17 pages u know :P ) but Mixed era's is the least they could do(Droids vs Empire as example).

a Siege mode would be cool aswell ;)

AND... a decent multyplayer !!!

Get lagfree servers !!! and make sure Europeans can play vs Americans and stuff :)

get ingame clan ranking and stuff :)
 Dark_Hunter
02-28-2007, 10:23 AM
ok how about this one:
Tehy could introduce a third team in some levels, like on kashyyk actually have a wookie team, a rebel team and empire with different bases. Not in the stroy of course, since the rebels were helping the wookies. What you think? Oh and introduce a podracer game option with a few detailed levels for online play.
 Redtech
02-28-2007, 6:12 PM
Third teams will be hard as hell to balance. When one thinks about it, since there is never a 3-way fight in star wars, it just sums as goodies vs baddies, which might as well be 1 vs 1 fight.

A podracer game would waste effort that could have gone into making BF3 leet. Check the modern Mortal Kombat games as an example.
 lordzack
02-28-2007, 7:03 PM
If you want to Podrace play Star Wars: Podracer. I loved that game.
 jawathehutt
02-28-2007, 8:04 PM
Virus']Yeah ,...

Probably said already (aint goin trough 17 pages u know :P ) but Mixed era's is the least they could do(Droids vs Empire as example).

a Siege mode would be cool aswell ;)

AND... a decent multyplayer !!!

Get lagfree servers !!! and make sure Europeans can play vs Americans and stuff :)

get ingame clan ranking and stuff :)
please refrain from using that color, my eyes are bleeding from trying to read it. As for 3 teams, while it would be cool, I dont know how well it would work. I think maybe at least make it possible since from what I've heard from modders, its impossible with the current engine.
 Rogue Spy
03-01-2007, 3:32 AM
All of you, stop ignoring me.
 MachineCult
03-01-2007, 5:46 AM
^ Quiet emo n00b.

please refrain from using that color, my eyes are bleeding from trying to read it. As for 3 teams, while it would be cool, I dont know how well it would work. I think maybe at least make it possible since from what I've heard from modders, its impossible with the current engine.
The three sides worked alright with SWBF1, you couldn't play as them but its not like they unbalanced the game at all.
 Dark_Hunter
03-01-2007, 8:10 AM
lol yeah, the extra team were more liek cannon fodder though. Here's another idea: Have levels where you can fight the battle out normally, say on hoth, but where the transports are locted you have the transports and a few fighters/bombers and you cna escape the battle to fly into space to try and get past the enemy star destroyer. Men could be in the destroyer to attack the ship and there could be an ion cannon back on the planet that is pilotabble an can provide support for the transport etc. If you get the transport to a certain area past the star destroyer yo gain say 20 points and then re spawn. I think a few leves liek that could go down well, while not wasting too much effort towards the game as a whole.
 Relenzo2
03-01-2007, 9:18 AM
"Evacuation" levels...not leves, yeah, like the Geonosis in GCW. That could work.
 MachineCult
03-02-2007, 6:06 AM
Excuse me ? you call me emo ? wanna go you piece of metal crap! il kick ur a** from here to China, so don't start me or call me emo got it u freak. Capiche ?
Your the one that probably listens to emo metal crap. Don't start me man, i dont want to get myself banned.
Who the f*ck do you think you are? Some little kid who thinks he's big with his kids cartoon avatar, "All of you, stop ignoring me." = Emo post. Boo hoo stop ignoring me.
You'll kick my ass? The only thing sadder than an emo post is some n00b telling someone else on a message board that he'll kick their ass, this is the internet not real life, you can't. It's a really stupid thing to say.
And capiche? You can't be serious.

Now you've had your little tantrum, get back on topic, because if you carry on posting like an idiot you aren't going to last very long. Read the Code of Conduct (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=151640) because from what i've seen you don't know how to post properly on this forum.
 StarWarsPhreak
03-02-2007, 12:38 PM
Rogue Spy, if people want to ignore you, there's nothing you can do about it.

MachineCult needs a time out to cool down.
 PoiuyWired
03-02-2007, 5:14 PM
Okay... anyone want a cookiee?

Actually, it would be a good idea if engineer class can actually BUILD stuff. Like, build a small heavy weapon anywhere on the field or something like that. Obviously they will not be as powerful as those on the build pads, but still good.
 jawathehutt
03-02-2007, 5:38 PM
Along those lines, I think they should do an idea they had from back when BF1 was being made which was like a droid class. They were only going to have a pistol but would be able to make things like recon droids, auto turrets and weak temporary health, ammo and vehicle droids.
 Redleader870
03-04-2007, 8:16 PM
I really hope that when someone dies, there bodies should stay there and not dissapear unless they're a Jedi. And when you kill heroes, they should die like a regular soldier, no kneeling. And destructable environments and buildings. I know these are just the little things, but they would make the game more realistic.
 Dark_Hunter
03-05-2007, 10:35 AM
yeah that sounds great, although having destructible environments often take alot of programming, especially if it's somehting liek the geo mod from red faction. The problem with bodies not dissapering is they take up alot of RAM and well if you go pone in a clump of dead people you'll be impossible to spot.
Maybe they could make lower class Jedi as another class: They can attack with their saber block and sprint, but no special force stuff and also lower health.
 jawathehutt
03-05-2007, 8:06 PM
I was thinking of something kind of like that for heroes but I was thinking, they should make heros be like officers like Commander Cody or Thrawn or have the option to be just a generic sith/jedi. The hero would have the health of heroes in assault and would have sprint, jump and a light saber. No force powers, just swing and block. There would also be AI heroes like BF1 who had lots of health and were hard to kill.
 Darth Newfie
03-06-2007, 7:29 PM
Whoa, lots of pages have sprung up since I last posted

Here's an idea...

Not shure if I said this already...wth

Wingman commands for in space, works with AI. Tell your wingmen to disperse and engage their own targets, attack your target, regroup into formation and retreat back to the hangar.

I know people have already talked about melee attacks and vibro-blades, vibro-axes, vibro-swords, vibro-shivs, and vibro-everything but what about having the option to attatch the knife to your gun as a bayonet?

I think I said this already but the officer class could carry binoculars to spot enemy vehicles and then call in an air strike. The imperial officer needs a new skin as well, that suit is ugly. It needs a REAL officer suit.
 Relenzo2
03-06-2007, 8:05 PM
Hee hee you bet they are ugly, that's why they were made Imp officers. This basically falls under my commands idea, but then it was deemed too "Republic Commando" You're not playing the guy who gives the orders. But you should be able to give commands in space just like you can in land.
Yes Star Wars need vibro-bayonets.
 Daft Adidas
03-07-2007, 1:27 PM
wow lots of stuff going on here.....

I like the binoculars idea......
 azimnj
03-10-2007, 7:46 PM
yeah i agree with the new officer skin because alot of officers look like the real officers in the movies
 tyrone333
03-12-2007, 4:40 PM
mayby couleard troops utapau orange troops of movie and comander cody 501st jedi temple blue troopers felucia yellow troopers etc plo koon kit fisto shakk ti
 Darth Newfie
03-12-2007, 6:37 PM
To tyrone333, your post is kinda messy and makes no sense.

I think they're called macrobinoculars, not just binoculars.
The color should change for each map. Black like Darth Maul's for all urban maps and white like Luke's for the snowy places.

You could have three types of strikes to call in, strafing run where a fighter class starship pummels the target with laser blasts. Then a bombing run, where several proton bombs are dropped on the target. Finally an orbital strike with one huge blast.

the grenades should be more varied. What about incendiary and smoke grenades.
 Redtech
03-14-2007, 12:56 PM
Only works in a game where the average lifespan isn't 15 seconds though. You'd have to slow down the pace and expand area sizes to make them worthwhile. Also, would incindary grenades fit with Star Wars against droids? Actually, they're a horrible weapon that sets "meatbags" on fire! Let the CIS have them.
 jawathehutt
03-14-2007, 6:59 PM
Smoke grenades would be really nice for both concealment and signals, maybe different colors for each faction.
 Redtech
03-15-2007, 11:17 AM
Cool, I like the idea, but maybe some DECENT OPEN ARENAS would benefit better. I'm thinking Geonosis (1) +Hoth versus almost any other level.
 Relenzo2
03-15-2007, 11:44 AM
Even Hoth and Geonosis have trouble being good open arenas in this game... I agree. Maybe a Geonosis: Colloseum level woudl work. And their called Electrobinoculars, mostly. And believe me, they WORK with this game, especially if we have commander hero's which is starting to sound better to me. You know, maybe the commands system should be scrapped, and there are commander running around on teh battlefeild that tell YOU what to do. It would do so much for the game.
 Redtech
03-15-2007, 12:44 PM
Geonosis Colleseum would make a bad deathmatch level. It's too cramped and rocket guys would win in seconds. (Reminds me of UT99 rocket arena).

I kinda like having orders rather than taking them, as no AI is even 50% as smart as a human.
 jawathehutt
03-15-2007, 7:56 PM
Geonosis Colleseum would make a bad deathmatch level. It's too cramped and rocket guys would win in seconds. (Reminds me of UT99 rocket arena).

I kinda like having orders rather than taking them, as no AI is even 50% as smart as a human.
Actualy, the PC conversion pack has a well done arena and it works great, theres enough enemies so rockets don't own and both sides have equal chances of winning.
 MachineCult
03-16-2007, 6:23 AM
^^^ I've got the Conversion pack and it is without a doubt the best mod available for SWBF2 by far.
 Relenzo2
03-16-2007, 8:07 AM
You could make the arena pretty big. Really Big. And there could be a few obstacles, pillars, chariot, dead, um, really big monsters, and dead acklay. Although that should probably be left alive in the level
 tyrone333
03-16-2007, 4:33 PM
Darth nuefie i ca,e up with wing comands
 Captain Sparrow
03-16-2007, 4:52 PM
Darth nuefie i ca,e up with wing comands
You weren't the first to come up with these "wing commands". And by the way, the spell check is your friend. Please use it, and try to use at least a couple punctuation marks in your posts.

I know this is quite off-topic, but I get tired of that kind of stuff.
 jawathehutt
03-16-2007, 7:12 PM
And by the way, the spell check is your friend. Please use it, and try to use at least a couple punctuation marks in your posts.

I know this is quite off-topic, but I get tired of that kind of stuff.
QFT
 Dark_Hunter
03-21-2007, 5:37 AM
I agree with the guy who said everything has been discussed out. Besides it's out before too long isn't it?
I'll be surprised if this post doesn't get deleted too. ¬_¬
 MachineCult
03-21-2007, 6:56 AM
^ It hasn't even been officially announced yet, so I wouldn't hold your breath. It won't be out for a while.
Page: 19 of 23