Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Star Wars Battlefront III - Supah Thread! [Retired]

Page: 16 of 23
 Darth Newfie
01-29-2007, 5:32 PM
Sorry for the triple post, what happened there, that was an accident.
 lordzack
01-29-2007, 6:36 PM
I do not want heroes to be removed. Why? Because they're fun. And that's all that matters.
 Captain Sparrow
01-29-2007, 7:14 PM
You know, Darth Newfie, you can edit and delete your posts.

I do not want heroes to be removed. Why? Because they're fun. And that's all that matters.
I actually would like heroes removed. "Why", you ask? Because it's Battlefront, not Jedi Knight. I never play as a hero in BFII anyway, actually I rarely play BFII at all anymore, since BFI is way better.
 lordzack
01-30-2007, 12:06 PM
Yes, battlefronts, where Jedi are often found.
 Daft Adidas
01-30-2007, 4:23 PM
I'm not bothered if heroes are there or not but maybe JUST on Mos Eisly Assualt. :) :) :) Annnnnnnnnnnyway there should be multiple maps per planets for definite!
 Daft Adidas
01-31-2007, 3:00 AM
((try not to smiley spam ok?)) We'll think about something to do with Order 66.
 jawathehutt
01-31-2007, 10:23 PM
So every battle that took place had a hero who singlehandedly won the battle, I dont remember that ever happening ever. No matter how good a jedi/sith was, he couldnt take thousands of shots and it was the battle between the grunts that won the battles, the heros were like snipers, they mostly just cause chaos and lower morale.
 Daft Adidas
02-01-2007, 3:06 AM
I agree agree agreee and agree but should heroes be kept or not?
 Redtech
02-01-2007, 9:52 AM
I say nah except in single player which like Halo SHOULD BE DIFFERENT FROM THE MP! Problem solved. Jedi in SP but off in multi, but make a decent single player campaign with actual levels and whatever.
 Relenzo2
02-01-2007, 5:02 PM

They could still be on the battlefronts, but you couldn't play them. Problem solved. There was a map like that once... forget which on it was...
 jawathehutt
02-01-2007, 9:13 PM
so they would be BF1 heroes basically
 Daft Adidas
02-02-2007, 2:55 AM
Yeh! and this time you can kill em for LOTS of points.
 Relenzo2
02-02-2007, 8:21 AM
Hmmm... Naaah.
 Justus
02-04-2007, 10:12 AM
I would like full customization on ground maps, and space maps if at all possible. Being able to pick the kind of mech units to use on a map would be pretty nice, also would like to see the space maps a bit larger to allow some nice space battles. Got kind of boring just flying and damaging sub-systems and frigates, more depth and objectives would be nice. Also bringing back star fighters for ground levels would be a plus

No more Hoth or Endor maps, new or original planets would be a welcome sight. Hoth is a snooze fest anymore, and has been for the past 12 years or so of Star Wars gaming - Endor just seems to be a staple of Battlefront, and there isn't much diversity to the map at all really. Only exception I have to the no Hoth or Endor map is maybe have them as MP only maps.

Galactic Conquest should be a bit larger, perhaps include different planets that encompass the entire Star Wars saga - or close to it anyway. Even adding planets like Manaan, Korriban, and Corellia would be a nice addition. I would personally like to see planets on the scale of say the Star Wars Galaxies planets - yeah a pipe dream to be sure, but huge maps with alot of diversity is what I like. I want HUGE battles, the battles in Battlefront while nice, seem to be small in scope.
 Jasper_Kazai
02-04-2007, 12:08 PM
I'd like maps that integrate both land and air combat very well... Like that Bespin map in SWBF1, except that the air space should be made larger for more room to fly.

I do sort of like the heroes and villains, but the Hero vs. Villain maps are just plain retarded. Those should be removed. And the heroes/villains need to be nerfed. Yes, I understand how they're above the common soldier, but what we have now is ridiculous.
 jawathehutt
02-04-2007, 1:16 PM
No more Hoth or Endor maps, new or original planets would be a welcome sight. Hoth is a snooze fest anymore, and has been for the past 12 years or so of Star Wars gaming - Endor just seems to be a staple of Battlefront, and there isn't much diversity to the map at all really. Only exception I have to the no Hoth or Endor map is maybe have them as MP only maps.

if you dont like these maps, dont play them. There is nothing forcing you to play them, I personally like both.

I do sort of like the heroes and villains, but the Hero vs. Villain maps are just plain retarded. Those should be removed. And the heroes/villains need to be nerfed. Yes, I understand how they're above the common soldier, but what we have now is ridiculous.

While I agree with your nerfing, your idea on removing HvsV, I disagree with. Like the person above you, I say this, if you dont like that kind of map, dont play it.
 Daft Adidas
02-04-2007, 3:07 PM
Yes the bf producers are not gonna get rid of these maps JUST for you are they? I say keep most of the maps.
 TSR
02-04-2007, 3:15 PM
I WANT BESPIN PLATFROMS BACK
 azimnj
02-04-2007, 5:28 PM
anyway atleast there should be an option if you want to play as a hero when you earned enough points or not.
1)i think you should play in space battles who you want to be(for example,you could be the naboo side vs trade federation)now there isnt a naboo cruiser as big as republic cruisers(the one that was at battle over coruscant)so the ships would be at land.interceptor:n1 light starfighter.bomber:n1 advanced starfighter.
normal ship:n1 starfighter.transport:naboo royal cruiser(cmon its not that big).anyway it would be fun to get on a ship on land and fly to space to deal with the trade federation,wouldnt it?
2)there would be 2 maps for each planet(maybe not all of it but definitely the ones that had order 66,for example:on mission mode,mygeeto,in the first level you play as kiadimundi and in the second you play as bacara,because in revenge of the sith the clones have to get the superlaser,and when kiadimundi dies,the mission is incomplete).
3)cmon,the magnaguards should have their electrostaffs,they never were with blasters of some kind.
 Justus
02-04-2007, 6:54 PM
A longer single player campaign would be nice, and a bit more difficult to boot. BF2 was super easy even on the hardest difficulty.

Will be interesting to see if they utilize the tech that the PS3 has brought forth, or that my uber gaming PC is. Not many games have even made it sweat yet though.

Yeah Hoth and Endor sucks, need new maps there too. Unless you like revisiting the same maps over and over only in a new box, but hey more power to you guys on that one.
 TSR
02-04-2007, 7:03 PM
A longer single player campaign would be nice, and a bit more difficult to boot. BF2 was super easy even on the hardest difficulty.

I love you. you are one of the few people i have met that also agrees with me :D
 Relenzo2
02-05-2007, 7:55 AM
AYE! Again. And I like the idea of playing as the naboo! THey had you fight the royal guard once in the campaign... There should be the Imperial Shock troopers in the game! To differ from the 501st.
 Daft Adidas
02-05-2007, 11:09 AM
Again! If you don't like the map don't play it!!!!!

A hunt battle in theed where you can play droids or Royal Guards. :)
 Jasper_Kazai
02-07-2007, 10:46 AM
A hunt battle in theed where you can play droids or Royal Guards. :)The point of hunt is to pit a faction versus an indigenous species. Droids are not indigenous.
 TSR
02-07-2007, 10:54 AM
Jawa's and Tusken Raiders are "indigenous species", but they're against eachother ;)
 Daft Adidas
02-07-2007, 11:20 AM
Well sorry mr Jasper! Hmm then we should have............. i just thought have we actually thought of a good idea for BF3 at all?
 Captain Sparrow
02-07-2007, 2:58 PM
There really needs to be a hunt mode on Jabba's Palace so you can play as the Gamorreans.
 Daft Adidas
02-07-2007, 4:03 PM
YEH! i wanna be a gamorrean! Finnaly we have something!
 Relenzo2
02-07-2007, 8:01 PM
For crying out loud... the droids are the faction, the guards would be indigenous.
 TSR
02-08-2007, 4:01 AM
Relenzo, take a f*****g chill pill. What does it matter?
 Daft Adidas
02-08-2007, 7:14 AM
this is my fault I should not have said that.

*hits head three times, no make it four*
 Carlo El Sanchez
02-09-2007, 5:18 AM
It's valentines soon so grab a gfriend! Who do you like?

I choo-choo-choose you Darth Aida. :3heart::heart3:
 Daft Adidas
02-09-2007, 8:55 AM
are you a girl or a boy? i'd prefer a girl coz i'm a boy. Anyway i'm already attached to someone.

On topic- More ideas anyone? Ones which won't go down the drain?
 Carlo El Sanchez
02-09-2007, 7:37 PM
lol...i think its pretty obvious im a guy and its a joke, but anyway yeah get back to talking bout BFIII
 Daft Adidas
02-10-2007, 6:52 AM
that was ridicoulous (spelling?) joke. It was a bit g**. No offence.

-Now comeo n people talk about BF3! It's time for me and carlo to criticise your ideas! Muwuahahaha!
 TSR
02-10-2007, 7:25 AM
Eh...*Thinks of something that hasnt already been said*

*gives up*
 jawathehutt
02-10-2007, 8:23 AM
They should change hoth back to the BF1 hoth, this hoth made the rebels go on offense which is retarded, they defended it.
 MachineCult
02-10-2007, 9:27 AM

-Now comeo n people talk about BF3! It's time for me and carlo to criticise your ideas! Muwuahahaha!
It wasn't gay, Aida is a girls name you tw*t. It would be less embarassing if you just told everyone it's a typo and you're really called Darth Aids.
 Daft Adidas
02-10-2007, 9:48 AM
oh well easy come easy go.

Jawa has a nice little idea there dam but i have not got BF1 just two so i can't really say.
 Captain Sparrow
02-10-2007, 5:36 PM
Darth Aids
That is quite possibly the greatest darth name I've ever seen. :lol:
 Carlo El Sanchez
02-10-2007, 6:40 PM

It's supose to sound g** thats what makes it so funny.
 aubob
02-11-2007, 5:49 AM
you dont have an ai that when you land a gunship in a hager takes off and crashes into a wall

I hate how the ships are on the ground and BOOM!!!!! bye bye gunship
 Relenzo2
02-11-2007, 9:08 AM
Wow. A little late to comment on that thought, don't you think? It was only fourtteen pages ago.
 Henz
02-11-2007, 10:19 AM
Darth Aids, lol
 Daft Adidas
02-11-2007, 11:07 AM
come on guys this is a thread to talk about BF3 not annoy DA about aids! It's not even funny and think about the people who DO have aids? huh? that's sad. shame on you guys. Fourteen pages ago? It says 56 for me!

It's supose to sound g** thats what makes it so funny.

Yeh i get you Carlo, lol.

Darth Aids, lol.

You have no right to comment on that.

Soooooooooooo......

Well the space battles they seem er how should I say, not very dogfightish? There should make it looks like there are more fighters and have big dogfights but then you might get killed. :( Also the other ships leaving your hangar just go up and defend the ship. Their should be more going for attack!
 Henz
02-11-2007, 4:02 PM
Darth Aids, lol

I wanna use Qui-Gon as a hero on the Naboo level.
 MachineCult
02-11-2007, 4:48 PM
You have no right to comment on that.

You can't tell people what they can and can't comment on Darth Nancy.
 Daft Adidas
02-11-2007, 4:52 PM
look you you have hardly been on this thread unless you was here near the start and you don't just jump in and laugh with others it's like your at work and there's a load of people laughing and you start laughing with them then someone says Who the heck are you? Quouted from Lynk Former.

Have you read this thread? We are getting rid of heroes!

Also it's in the rules that you are not aloud to spam (one liners!) like Darth Aids lol. So if you are going to speak in this thread speak without spamming ok? If you want to give in an idea make it a sensible one!
 TSR
02-11-2007, 6:51 PM
lol yuo hav aids

So, anyone got any new, original ideas yet?

*sniggers*
 MachineCult
02-11-2007, 7:39 PM
look you you have hardly been on this thread unless you was here near the start and you don't just jump in and laugh with others it's like your at work and there's a load of people laughing and you start laughing with them then someone says Who the heck are you? Quouted from Lynk Former.

Have you read this thread? We are getting rid of heroes!

Also it's in the rules that you are not aloud to spam (one liners!) like Darth Aids lol. So if you are going to speak in this thread speak without spamming ok? If you want to give in an idea make it a sensible one!
WTF are you going on about? Who the f*ck are you? I hate when little kids come onto this forum and start telling you how to post. Why don't you try posting in proper english so that you actually make sense, and stop b*tching because people have noticed your girls/homosexuality or intravenous drug related disease typo name.

And I haven't heard any sensible ideas from you, taking into account that "getting rid of heroes" bullsh*t.
Page: 16 of 23