Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Star Wars Battlefront III - Supah Thread! [Retired]

Page: 17 of 23
 jawathehutt
02-11-2007, 11:26 PM
look you you have hardly been on this thread unless you was here near the start and you don't just jump in and laugh with others it's like your at work and there's a load of people laughing and you start laughing with them then someone says Who the heck are you? Quouted from Lynk Former.

Have you read this thread? We are getting rid of heroes!

Also it's in the rules that you are not aloud to spam (one liners!) like Darth Aids lol. So if you are going to speak in this thread speak without spamming ok? If you want to give in an idea make it a sensible one!
I seriously suggest you leave or apologize. You joined in December and you have 700 some posts. Do you know how many of those are spam and useless posts, most of them. You just told a forum regular to be less of a spammer. You haven't even been on this board for more than a half year and yet you have the nerve to come in and insult someone who's a thousand times more mature than you and has been here years more than you. You seriously need to rethink what you say. Ya know what, he was here in the beginning, so were the people who had GOOD ideas, like paranoidandriod and such. But many of them don't visit any more. Unfortunately, people like you have replaced them. People who need to grow up and be less idiots. Ive held my tounge out side of PMs until now but now I cant take it. This board has gone from a fountain of good ideas to idiots like you spamming. Never and I mean never post **** like that again, do you understand? And this doesn't just go to you, this goes to most of you who have joined in the last few months.
Oh, and to everyone who thinks smilies are the funniest things ever, their not, their just lame, use them rarely.
 Carlo El Sanchez
02-12-2007, 12:32 AM
Lol calling him Darth Aids is so funny, have a sense of humour about it Aids...just a joke.
 Daft Adidas
02-12-2007, 6:16 AM
i know it's a joke but some people have aids which isn't funny.

I think I remember from when the old people were around but I had not joined yet you but what where the old good ideas? So we can talk about them again? Huh?
 MachineCult
02-12-2007, 6:44 AM
I seriously suggest you leave or apologize. You joined in December and you have 700 some posts. Do you know how many of those are spam and useless posts, most of them. You just told a forum regular to be less of a spammer. You haven't even been on this board for more than a half year and yet you have the nerve to come in and insult someone who's a thousand times more mature than you and has been here years more than you. You seriously need to rethink what you say. Ya know what, he was here in the beginning, so were the people who had GOOD ideas, like paranoidandriod and such. But many of them don't visit any more. Unfortunately, people like you have replaced them. People who need to grow up and be less idiots. Ive held my tounge out side of PMs until now but now I cant take it. This board has gone from a fountain of good ideas to idiots like you spamming. Never and I mean never post **** like that again, do you understand? And this doesn't just go to you, this goes to most of you who have joined in the last few months.
Oh, and to everyone who thinks smilies are the funniest things ever, their not, their just lame, use them rarely.
QFT.

Well said, jawathehutt.
 StarWarsPhreak
02-12-2007, 11:38 AM
I don't feel like going through and deleting/editing posts. So the next person who says Darth Aids or mentions it is getting a lengthy ban.
 Henz
02-12-2007, 12:47 PM
I don't listen to authority figures, but since Phreak is so cool, he's giving me one more chance, but I think the next person is doomed.

Isn't repetition of previous ideas spamming as well? We're all fooked then really aren't we in this 500-odd post thread.

I hate super-strictness on boards. Things are much more interesting when topics get absract hehe.

I think heroes should stay, but with the option of turning them off. They get annoying fast. Sometimes it's funny to go chop people up though.
 Daft Adidas
02-12-2007, 3:23 PM
yeh it can be but the lightsabres are so unrealistic on assault, I mean when you kill someone they curl up in a ball! It does make me laugh sometimes though. It would be cool if one swing from a sabre knocked them or killed out though. Still I don't care about stupid heroes nobody will miss em eh? I'm wasting my time talking about it!

Maybe planting charges might be a good idea, or maybe not?
 Captain Sparrow
02-12-2007, 4:22 PM
This thread really has gotten out of control. If no one has any good and new ideas, then just don't post. There's no reason to bring up old ideas and say pointless things about them just to keep the thread alive. That would be called spam - something that many of the more active people in this thread recently know a lot about.
 Daft Adidas
02-12-2007, 4:34 PM
I can't go look through the whole therad to see if someone has said that idea can I? This thread has gone on for so long all the good ideas are gone. It's a shame if only someone has a very, very, very nice brain with booming ideas. :(
 jawathehutt
02-12-2007, 5:56 PM
*cries out for Paranoidandroid* Where are you and your genus ideas?
 Fettscommander
02-12-2007, 9:33 PM
How bout less complaining about nobody having ideas and start thinking of some. For instance customizable armor to buy with points you earned. It does not have to be a good idea because it might help someone else come up with a good one. but stop getting off toppic and posting the same stuff over and over.
 Carlo El Sanchez
02-13-2007, 12:32 AM
Ok people...don't get carried away, back to BFIII...soooo has anybody pre-ordered it or anything yet ?
 Diego Varen
02-13-2007, 1:45 AM
These are my suggestions and they have been suggested before. Anyway I suggest:

Maps - The maps from Battlefront I (Like Rhen Var), should be brought back into Battlefront III. Also, the maps should be able to be playable for each era. If the Clone Wars is avaliable on the Death Star, then surely every era should be avaliable on every map.

Factions - There should be more of these. Maybe some KOTOR or NJO factions. All factions should each have a strength and weakness and keep their unique units, like Destroyer Droids.

Heroes/Villians - They should be less powered down, but still playable and more heroes should be put in. Lando, maybe even Revan.
 Carlo El Sanchez
02-13-2007, 2:49 AM
These are my suggestions and they have been suggested before. Anyway I suggest:

Maps - The maps from Battlefront I (Like Rhen Var), should be brought back into Battlefront III. Also, the maps should be able to be playable for each era. If the Clone Wars is avaliable on the Death Star, then surely every era should be avaliable on every map.

Factions - There should be more of these. Maybe some KOTOR or NJO factions. All factions should each have a strength and weakness and keep their unique units, like Destroyer Droids.

Heroes/Villians - They should be less powered down, but still playable and more heroes should be put in. Lando, maybe even Revan.
Revan ? what are you talking about, BF is based on the real Star Wars stories...they wouldn't put KOTOR characters in it, even though it would rock.
 Daft Adidas
02-13-2007, 4:49 AM
yes well if they are going to add the space to ground thing then have several docking bays for your ships which can also act as command posts and you may take over enemy bays but they can take over yours. huh?
 Diego Varen
02-13-2007, 5:23 AM
Revan ? what are you talking about, BF is based on the real Star Wars stories...they wouldn't put KOTOR characters in it, even though it would rock.

Well, Battlefront has become boring being set in the normal Star Wars Saga and adding stories like the Mandalorian Wars would make Battlefront III a lot better, with a chance for a new storyline, like the Rise of the Empire.
 Daft Adidas
02-13-2007, 5:45 AM
maybe for a different star wars battlefront like SWBF The Mandalorian Wars but I doubt that will happen.
 MachineCult
02-13-2007, 7:57 AM
No that would be stupid. They have the Galactic Civil War and the Clone Wars in one game, why wouldn't they put a third era into the same game?
 Relenzo2
02-13-2007, 9:06 AM
Done, done, this page has been previously done.. except for putting in Old Republic Era. I kinda like it! hmmm... You realize it you did you'd have to have Jedi in it. Obviously. I have never played KOTOR but from what I've heard all the Republic is fighting is mostly the Sith.
 TSR
02-13-2007, 9:44 AM
Yes. Neither Malak, Nihilius, Traya nor Sleeps-with-vibroblades posed much of a Jedi/sithy threat...
 Henz
02-13-2007, 2:39 PM
No that would be stupid. They have the Galactic Civil War and the Clone Wars in one game, why wouldn't they put a third era into the same game?
I'll take a wild stab at this one....

...hmmm....

...erm.....

...more fun and new things to do? (lol)

Won't happen though.
 Daft Adidas
02-13-2007, 3:09 PM
do they have parachutes in BF? that might be an option.
 MachineCult
02-13-2007, 4:45 PM
^^^Parachutes in Star Wars? You can't be serious.
I'll take a wild stab at this one....
...more fun and new things to do? (lol)

Won't happen though.
I said why WOULDN'T they put a third one in.
 TSR
02-13-2007, 4:45 PM
Erm, no. Funnily enough, neither do any of the books, comics or films...
 jawathehutt
02-13-2007, 5:17 PM
I think a DotA sort of space map would be cool where theres like 3 ways to the main enemy space station or flagship or base and each has a relatively powerful space station/ capturable cap ship that has a random faction in it, be they reactivated droids(in the GCW) or pirates in both eras, maybe some escaped wampas or something. You would fight to take these and then you could use them to defend(if it was a spacestation) or attack(if its a cap. ship) Naturaly, you would need multiple cap ships that are drivable for this to work. It would also help if you got firgates that could be driven and had a small hanger, maybe only a few multipurpose ships but their main focus would be either anti-starship or anti-big ship depending on the frigate. The goal would be to kill or capture something at the other side of the map that belongs to the enemy. This would make the round combine space and ground combat to win. I know this has been said before by me but it was in the old locked post from a while ago so I might as well post it.
 Fettscommander
02-13-2007, 6:11 PM
anyone for lockable doors? that you have to blow open with a rocket
 DanteRedson
02-13-2007, 6:49 PM
anyone for lockable doors? that you have to blow open with a rocket

that would be awesome!
 TKT101
02-13-2007, 8:46 PM
Lockable doors should be in the game but not to be blow up a rocket. It should have device or some kind of time bomb to blow it open. Darth Aida has a point parachutes are cool but they should be kind of like gliding boster packs or something.
 TSR
02-13-2007, 8:47 PM
Or jump packs, like the Dark And ARC troopers perchance?
 DanteRedson
02-13-2007, 8:54 PM
what about detpacks on the doors?
 lordzack
02-13-2007, 8:56 PM
Just about any explosive device could work, provided it has enough power.
 Fettscommander
02-13-2007, 8:58 PM
what about detpacks on the doors?
that would work too. But I mean: there is a controll panal right? right. so if the in side controll panal is destroyed the outside one must be blown by lets say 2 rockets. if the inside is still in tact the out side just takes a blast shot to destroy.
 DanteRedson
02-13-2007, 9:36 PM
SWBF3 should have more units and three more factions like the Yuuzhan Vong, Army of Light, and the Brotherhood of Darkness. There should also be more capital ships in space battles.
 Fettscommander
02-13-2007, 10:32 PM
SWBF3 should have more units and three more factions like the Yuuzhan Vong, Army of Light, and the Brotherhood of Darkness. There should also be more capital ships in space battles.
Maybe a pick your 2 factions thing before you play each time out of 10 factions
 jawathehutt
02-13-2007, 10:38 PM
I really want to see a jango vs boba fight that doesnt end up with someone being TKd
 DanteRedson
02-13-2007, 10:39 PM
Yeah, I couldn't think of any other faction other than the Yuuzhan Vong that happened between the Clone Wars and the Galactic Civil War.
 Fettscommander
02-13-2007, 10:42 PM
other factions could be just the naboo, gun gans, trandosion, civllian, or maybe 50 meter tall monsters
 DanteRedson
02-13-2007, 10:50 PM
Okay, those would work too!
 Fettscommander
02-13-2007, 10:54 PM
what do you think of buying upgrades to improve your wepon in ways not said befor. so say for the sniper rifle: Normal 2nd zoom :twogun: <-----thats you ------------------------------->the zoom goes out this far.
You win the battle earn some credits and upgrade your sniper rifle. now thw zoom goes out this far: ------------------------------------------------------------------------->
 DanteRedson
02-13-2007, 10:58 PM
That would be a lot better then earning points for how meny times you use a weapon.
 Fettscommander
02-13-2007, 11:02 PM
That would be a lot better then earning points for how meny times you use a weapon.
I'll say. Plus once you get to ledgendary it automaticly puts the special wepon up when you change from it to another weapon and back. I hated that award rifle
:blast5:
 DanteRedson
02-13-2007, 11:10 PM
Doesn't that happen in SWBF 2 when ever you get legendary. Hey, I hated that award sniper rifle with one zoom. And when ever I try to snipe a guy in a turret because it always misses the target.
 Fettscommander
02-13-2007, 11:13 PM
Doesn't that happen in SWBF 2 when ever you get legendary. Hey, I hated that award sniper rifle with one zoom. And when ever I try to snipe a guy in a turret because it always misses the target.
exactly my point
 PoiuyWired
02-14-2007, 4:21 AM
We all know that they nerf the Sniper too much. Well partly because of the uber sniper space cannon spam. BUT THIS IS TOO MUCH. Not being able to have a crosshair unzoomed w/o a piece of scotchtape is a b1tch.

I'll say. Plus once you get to ledgendary it automaticly puts the special wepon up when you change from it to another weapon and back. I hated that award rifle
:blast5:

award Rifle or award sniper rifle? award rifle is different from the regular, but still nice. It is a nice long range gun which is usually one burst kill.
 Relenzo2
02-14-2007, 8:49 AM
The reason they don't have parachutes is that in Star Wars they just rappel all the way down from fivehundred feet.
 Daft Adidas
02-14-2007, 11:15 AM
finally we're getting somewhere! Blowing up doors? ok maybe with some device, time bom ect...... Shields to ceratin places which can be shut down? Guarding some cps?
 Halo_92
02-14-2007, 11:57 AM
You know what I would like?

Mos Eiesly(sp) with more cityness. I mean Its the same buildings over and over agian.
Maybe a little interactiveness maybe? To be able to go into buildings and them greatfully giving you health. And those stupid little Jawas! They are always in the way.
maybe a few higher buildings? kinda like a skyscraper of two?

Maybe some Melee combat? Halo kicks arse because u can bash people over the head with you rifle.

Also A map in that awesome bar on Courscant would Friggin awesome. perfect for team deathmatch and conquest.

Set it up like in two alleys in the bar, there would be the red/blue team's little point thingys, then set a few up in the bar and stuff. Nudey Dancers would fit right in on that level. :naughty:
 Relenzo2
02-14-2007, 12:31 PM
Hey, I've got an idea for improvement. How come old guys with who lived a hundred years could do better water with oil paint than we can with miricle video graphic tech?
 DanteRedson
02-14-2007, 12:54 PM
They should also put the maps in from SWBF1, like Bespin: Cloud City and Tatooine: Dune Sea; along with new maps.
 Daft Adidas
02-14-2007, 12:59 PM
^ we mentioned that.

@ Halo that's a nice idea i agree mos eisly really bad maps! Melee combat? Maybe, possibly.
Page: 17 of 23