Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Star Wars Battlefront III - Supah Thread! [Retired]

Page: 18 of 23
 DanteRedson
02-14-2007, 1:01 PM
really, because i didn't know realize that.
 Daft Adidas
02-14-2007, 1:03 PM
^ what the? What I hate is you can hardly jump or climb! Climb some ladders or over wall ect if you don't want to blow them to pieces which can also be an idea!

These ideas r getting sweet!
 DanteRedson
02-14-2007, 1:22 PM
The rancor in Jabba's Palace should be able to move around instead of just standing in one place and you should have to kill it which can be real challenge. They should also give you the ability to lay prone like SWBF1.
 TSR
02-14-2007, 1:46 PM
I love Eisley the way it is, Its my favourite map of all time, beating platforms :D

Which, i'll repeat, needs to be included again in BFIII
 Relenzo2
02-15-2007, 8:37 AM
Hmm, acrobatics? Well, maybe you should be able to hit the deck in BFII. Ladders, I don't know... where would you find them?
 Henz
02-15-2007, 6:29 PM
I love Eisley the way it is, Its my favourite map of all time, beating platforms :D

Which, i'll repeat, needs to be included again in BFIII
Keep Eisley. Add Espa. A more crowded level, maybe even big enough to incorporate the Pod Race arena at the same time.

3-way battles. Touched upon occassionally, but you should be able to be a third side. I like the idea of the 3 sides being against each other too. Not sure how many instances that would occur in though (sand people would be a definate)

If they keep the heroes, for the love of god give the bad guys some dignity. They're pretty much ALL complete ****e.
 Relenzo2
02-16-2007, 8:43 AM
lol. But having a whole pod race track in a level is, well, how is that going to work, they're big. I mean bigger even than you think, cause you only ever see most of em compared to those huge pods.

And just for my own credit with all this 3 sides battless... I suggested that a long time ago :)

At least the bad guys do have maul.
 Captain Sparrow
02-16-2007, 11:01 AM
And just for my own credit with all this 3 sides battless... I suggested that a long time ago :)
You wouldn't be the first one.
 jawathehutt
02-16-2007, 5:01 PM
I think maybe having a section of the track would make for a good map, or perhaps another track somewhere else, it could have maybe some abbandoned pod racers scattered about, you would be able to use them but they would slowly fall apart from years of lack of matenence which would injure you, leave you stranded but not make them things that people never use and in the event that someone was having really bad RNG luck, tehy wouldnt just keep dieing.

Another idea I had which like every idea, has been said in the old wishlist post is changed terrain in eras. The first rise of the empire map which is on Geonosis makes great use of this. Instead of appearing to have been cleaned over completely in a matter of years even on back water planets and appearing the same in both eras, this map appears how a battlefield would look if you fought a battle, lost a lot of men and machines and left. There are corpses everywhere. Destroyed vehicles dot the surroundings. You can use some of the turrets since unlike Battlefront makes you believe, vehicles dont just disenetigrate instantly after a few rocket shots. This should be put in maps where it would make sense. Obviously, this wouldnt work for places like Theed since its a city so they would clean up but places like Felucia, Mustafar and Rhen Var dont have many inhabitants and they certainly wouldnt risk their lives to go clean up a giant battlefield. Even in places like Mos Eisly, you could maybe find a dead clone in an ally, and who says it has to be a fighter, maybe it could just be some guy who owed some money, with a small amount of programing, they could randomly change the images of the dead things.
 Daft Adidas
02-16-2007, 5:06 PM
yes verygood. What i don't like is that as soon as you kill someone they just disappear and veichles too like you said. If you've had to fight of ten people then you'll have to walk right over them and fallen veichles can make cover and can be fixed maybe aswell. Might not work for at's though.
 DanteRedson
02-16-2007, 6:10 PM
The units could get new weapons like vibroblades, wielding two pistols, and swords. The Rebels new unit can be a Rebel inflitrators. The Empires new unit can be a Shadowtrooper. The CIS's new unit can be a Grapple droid. The Republics new unit can be Covert Ops clone trooper. Kind of like stealth units, if you think of it that way!
 MachineCult
02-16-2007, 7:41 PM
The units could get new weapons like vibroblades, wielding two pistols, and swords. The Rebels new unit can be a Rebel inflitrators.
I think swords and vibroblades are best left to the KotOR series, although Jango would have been alot better if he had both his pistols, but the devs were obviously just too lazy to make the dual pistol animation and they gave him Leias sh*tty pistol.
And lol, Rebel infiltrator? Sounds like a Bothan spy.
 Captain Sparrow
02-16-2007, 8:26 PM
Swords and vibroblades should be left out, but bashing people with guns shouldn't. This game really needs some kind of melee combat.
 Halo_92
02-16-2007, 8:29 PM
I ALREADY SAID THAT ALOTZ.
 clonesniper113
02-16-2007, 11:33 PM
ya that would be cool if you could lead a garrison of troops and be able to set them in strategic formations
 Daft Adidas
02-17-2007, 5:33 AM
ARGHHHHHHHHHHHH! We mentioned that! And said NO. ^^^ Swords? That is so unBFish! lol. Though like EagerWeasel said we need melee!
 PoiuyWired
02-17-2007, 7:02 AM
Actually a vibroshiv or vibroknife is standard issue for clonetroopers, and I think stormies would carry a knife of some sort also.
 Halo_92
02-17-2007, 12:29 PM
Though like Halo_92 said we need melee!

Fix'd.
Dude before you were even a member that was metioned.
 Captain Sparrow
02-17-2007, 1:21 PM
more like...

Though like *whoever mentioned it first* said we need melee!
I can say without doubt, no one on this forum was the first to suggest it.
 Ctrl_Alt_Del
02-17-2007, 2:33 PM
After playing others shooter games, I always miss the melee button. It's so good for your health when you stab aan enemy from behind with a knife...
 gogo_sb
02-17-2007, 9:14 PM
It would great if destroyed AT-AT's and other vehicles stay on the battlefield. Soldiers can use these downed vehicles as a cover.
 Relenzo2
02-18-2007, 8:19 AM
I think swords and vibroblades are best left to the KotOR series, although Jango would have been alot better if he had both his pistols, but the devs were obviously just too lazy to make the dual pistol animation and they gave him Leias sh*tty pistol.
And lol, Rebel infiltrator? Sounds like a Bothan spy.

Oh, you have NO idea. The Rebel infiltrator ROCKS. I say it's the first class one, from Geinosis. That way we have both holoshroud and cloak.
 MachineCult
02-18-2007, 8:49 AM
Oh, you have NO idea. The Rebel infiltrator ROCKS. I say it's the first class one, from Geinosis. That way we have both holoshroud and cloak.
WTF are you on about?
 Daft Adidas
02-18-2007, 11:08 AM
ok whoever mentioned it first Melee! So er now what i'm running out of ideas!
 MachineCult
02-18-2007, 4:35 PM
If you haven't got any ideas to post then don't post anything.
 Relenzo2
02-20-2007, 6:29 PM
i.. stupid caps lock, I really think you should be able to destroy enemy objects in normal battle. I go this weird idea where is there are seperate points and reinforcements (which should be higher than it is). Goal is somewhere from 500 to maybe 1000 points, and your team gains two points for a kill and loses two points for a death. And there's lower points for destroying turrets and such things that are captured, mdedium points for such as sheild generators, power generators, generator generators and maybe command vehicles. And high points for like destroying factories or space cruisers (which should be fairly difficult to accamplish).

But there's also something that's always ben bothering. In a real battle, do the soldiers get into the tanks randomly during a battle? NO! They're there in their tanks at the start. GOt any ideas on how this could be changed? Spawning tanks may seem just too weird, but with point locks and number limits, I think it wouldn't be that hard to do, and it would be so much more realistic.
 MachineCult
02-20-2007, 7:41 PM
i.. stupid caps lock, I really think you should be able to destroy enemy objects in normal battle. I go this weird idea where is there are seperate points and reinforcements (which should be higher than it is). Goal is somewhere from 500 to maybe 1000 points, and your team gains two points for a kill and loses two points for a death. And there's lower points for destroying turrets and such things that are captured, mdedium points for such as sheild generators, power generators, generator generators and maybe command vehicles. And high points for like destroying factories or space cruisers (which should be fairly difficult to accamplish).
Thats not a bad idea, the larger command posts could have large ammo and medical crates or storage areas, which if enough were destroyed would affect the enemies amount of ammo and bacta available and score points for the other side. And if enough points are gained against the you then the battle would be ended (depending on the reinforcement count) in a retreat instead of defeat because the battle is unwinnable.

But there's also something that's always ben bothering. In a real battle, do the soldiers get into the tanks randomly during a battle? NO! They're there in their tanks at the start. GOt any ideas on how this could be changed? Spawning tanks may seem just too weird, but with point locks and number limits, I think it wouldn't be that hard to do, and it would be so much more realistic.
I agree, people always talk about how the Battlefield games are much more realistic, but in real life a regular infantryman can't just hop into a fighter jet and fly away.
I think that when choosing your class before spawning if you choose normal trooper then you can't pilot a tank or any other large craft except speeder bikes, and if you want to use a tank then you must choose a special engineer class, or an AT-ST and AT-AT pilot for those vehicles, etc. and you are confined to the craft until you're killed.
 Relenzo2
02-20-2007, 8:51 PM
Well, you could abondon the tank if need be. And yeah, does a battle always end by one or the other side being destroyed down to the last man?

I was thinking that maybe you could get another point or two when you destroyed a vehicle. And then I thought that there could be an "Armor Limit" No more vehicles could spawn if there weren't enought points left there, putting an exact limit on each side's vehicles. There might not even need to be a limit to the number on the feild, then.

And one last comment. When a cruiser in space is destroyed, it shouldn't go unsolid and dissappear. It should at least leave a lot of shrapnel floating around.
 jawathehutt
02-20-2007, 10:02 PM
That kinda goes a long with my idea to make it so that instead of the tank just disentigrating instantly, holes are put into it. The armor could be weakened so it only can take a shot or two before penetration but shields could be added which could be be turned on or off, if they were on, you would have less damage and range, if they were off, you would have it the other way. If a crew was killed but there was still maybe the turret postion that was reletively undamaged or a driving position, you could jump in and do that. You could only do that and it would be realistic. As for not leaving vehicles, I think you should be able to but make it so you actauly have to open a door and jump out and or jump out of a gaping hole left by a rocket because you got cocky and turned down your shileds in the middle of a battle. This leads to another idea, "explorible insides" of vehicles. For things like the rep/emp tanks, it would just be like the driver postion and behind that, the turret entry and ammo storage and the door to jump out but for things like the ATAT,there would be maybe like a speeder bike you could use, a healing and ammo droid, some room to stand while being transported and a weapons locker where you could change classes.

Oh, and hitting someone with a tank should kill them/hurt them significantly, the tanks are made of metal, not foam.
 Daft Adidas
02-21-2007, 3:12 AM
Maybe some CP's can have a little well er i dunno but a sort of a big building where tanks can spawn from so if the enemy catches that they will have double the amount of tanks on their side. Which would be neat. I mean also on Geonosis (SP) destroying spider droids and halfires or AT whatever their called is so easy. They hardly shoot at you. This should be improved. I sometimes think BF is too easy.
 Relenzo2
02-21-2007, 8:07 AM
THAT's been compained about before... and Jawathehutt I like your thoughts this should be especially true for big like command vehicles, they don't just all of a sudden go black and dissappear, they take damage. And it's practically unspoken that tanks need more running people over ability. I sometimes think that they run allies over esier than enemies.
 BF3pwnageACE
02-24-2007, 3:16 PM
It wouldn't make sense to have knifes. That would give the CIS faction an advantage.
You can't stab thru armor plating. As far as I know. Also something that would be cool to see in BF3 would be the ability to make more than one or two people follow you.
 Daft Adidas
02-24-2007, 5:19 PM
YOU CAN!!!!!!!!!!!! just pres up or down. not sure which though but they both do something. Yeh it would give the CIS an advantage though. You right there.
 Captain Sparrow
02-24-2007, 8:21 PM
It wouldn't make sense to have knifes. That would give the CIS faction an advantage.
Ever played Republic Commando? I use a knife on droids all the time in that game and it works just fine.
 Rogue Spy
02-25-2007, 2:28 AM
Republic Commando is abit far fetched from Star Wars then...there are no knifes in combat in the Star Wars universe, aslo it would be more realistic indeed if dead bodies and vehicles did not dissapear in BFIII. Keep your temper down too Darth Aids.
 Daft Adidas
02-25-2007, 5:03 AM
^ exuse me? it's aida. let's hope you don't get a "lenghty ban" though apart from that very well spoken. I don't play RC so i dunno about that. Maybe knifes would work maybe not. Though what would work as melee? Slipping a mine down someones back? lol.
 Relenzo2
02-25-2007, 9:03 AM
Are you kidding of COURSE there's knifes. Clones in reality have vibroblade combot knives. And droids already don't need to breathe but they're not actually as smart or good as clones altogether, not even close, in the real universe.
 Daft Adidas
02-25-2007, 9:39 AM
ok then vibroblades and knifes should be put in. It would mae the game a bit more enjoyable. There should be more creatures or species apart from taunstauns and those big green things with spikey legs in EP 2 (forgot their name) oh i remember acklay. Big creatures though hard to take down.
 Relenzo2
02-25-2007, 1:05 PM
Something like and acklay is normally very hard to forget. And, vibroblades and knifes are basically the same thing. But yeah, all good. Didn't they have acklays on Felucia in BFII? There are acklays and Geonosis, Felucia, and that one planet that's their homeworld that's so obscure I forgot it's name. But mostly on Geonosis They're just in teh arena's and in the sewers.

EDIT: I just found out that only commandos had those knucklblade retracting vibroblades. So they probably won't be in BFIII.
 jawathehutt
02-25-2007, 4:05 PM
Im still gonna say that you shuld be able to beat people with your weapons, Im pretty sure every unit has a weapon
 Halo_92
02-25-2007, 4:51 PM
Yeah knifes are better for stealth.
Using your weapon is fun because....well it just is more satisfying.
 PoiuyWired
02-25-2007, 5:37 PM
Something like and acklay is normally very hard to forget. And, vibroblades and knifes are basically the same thing. But yeah, all good. Didn't they have acklays on Felucia in BFII? There are acklays and Geonosis, Felucia, and that one planet that's their homeworld that's so obscure I forgot it's name. But mostly on Geonosis They're just in teh arena's and in the sewers.

EDIT: I just found out that only commandos had those knucklblade retracting vibroblades. So they probably won't be in BFIII.

Those are called Vibro-Shiv. But standard ones still have a vibro-knife or something. Its more than a weapon, its a tool.
 Redtech
02-25-2007, 7:30 PM
Or even Vibro Swords! Should be an unlockable for killing lots of people with a vibro-knife. No extra damage, just looks silier and at least is better than the l33t sniper rifle of BF2!
 Rogue Spy
02-26-2007, 12:51 AM
@ Darth Aida - Oh sorry my mistake, i 'accidently' typed an 's' insted of 'a'.
Yeah i agree it would be cool if perhaps in BFIII various weapons and maps from previous Star Wars franchises such as KOTOR could be unlocked as secret weapons. That would be awsome to slice Gungans with a Vibroblade :D
 Relenzo2
02-26-2007, 7:56 AM
Like Zabrak Vibroblade even... but then that would be under the jurisdiction of dealing extra damage :). But it SHOULD deal extra damage.
 Daft Adidas
02-26-2007, 11:39 AM
@ Rookie guy, i mean Rogue Spy. that's ok

this vibro stuff is confusing! :s
 jawathehutt
02-26-2007, 5:37 PM
Im gonna have to agree with you there, do we really need thousands of knives, wouldnt one suffice, its just 1 slice to the back kills, 2 everywhere else. I can understand maybe like different designs like the pistols and rifles which are the exact same, but you dont really need different knives which do different damage and such. On the topic of guns, they should go back to BF1 style where they are different. And give the PC 4 mines, Im still completely confused as to why the PC and consoles get different amouts, it makes no sense to me.
 tyrone333
02-26-2007, 5:41 PM
I have an idea
what about fleets and all u wait to fight on planet like space fleets and your on one attacking a planet travling and fight cis and space pirates
 Redleader870
02-26-2007, 5:55 PM
I think the following:

1. Destructable enviroments and buildings
2. When you kill someone or get killed, their bodies stay there and don't dissapear
3. In space, there should be be 6 or 7 capital ships, but only one flagship.
4. In the capital ship, there should be several rooms and hallways. When you invade the ship, the security guards fight you in the rooms and hallways. You'll have to fight your way to the command bridge, kill the Admiral, and blow up the command bridge. After you've destroyed everything, the ship starts to blow up. If you don't get out in time, you blow up with the ship.
5. Realistic battles in the movies like Hoth, there should be 9 or 10 AT-ATs, like 5 AT-ST squadrons, and the rebels actually stay in the trenches and fire from there, and retreat like in the movie.
6. Huge battlefields like in the movies. For example Geonosis, Mygeeto, Utapau, Hoth, the Death Star trench run, and the Space Battle over Endor with the second Death Star.
7. Melee attack like in Halo
Let me know what you think
 DanteRedson
02-26-2007, 6:18 PM
I think we already discussed about half of the things you said, Redleader.
Page: 18 of 23