Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

The Official Fanfiction Thread

Page: 24 of 28
 Smon
07-14-2006, 1:38 AM
BRILLIANT!
 KingCheez
07-14-2006, 4:31 AM
Ok, I'll pay him.

http://www.wnyc.org/img/22634/0)

Awesome. Now to put a www.wheresgeorge.com) tracker on him.
 DarthAve
07-14-2006, 3:05 PM
BRILLIANT!
I know. They're going in costume.

Sasha-It's just a jump to the left.
Milla-AND THEN A STEP TO THE RIGHT!
 pyrohappygirl
07-16-2006, 6:09 PM
That was a cool fanfic Darth. It's gasping time!
*gasp*
I JUST WROTE A FAN FICTION ABOUT CRISPIN GOING TO THE ASYLUM KINDA AND HE TRIES TO COMMIT SUICIDE!!!
 Mashi An'krekku
07-16-2006, 11:11 PM
I forgot to post the link to that crossover, which I posted about a week ago!
http://www.deviantart.com/view/36114790/)
:D
 pyrohappygirl
07-22-2006, 5:20 PM
That crossover will be in my memory for a long time.
 Mashi An'krekku
07-22-2006, 7:15 PM
Hooray!
 darlimondoll
07-23-2006, 1:52 PM
I have an idea for a fic!

Too bad I'll never write it.
 pyrohappygirl
07-23-2006, 2:47 PM
!GASP!

Genius ideas have occurred to me and now I should write them and I'm not telling you guys for fear of plaguerism!
 Klia
08-03-2006, 7:41 PM
Last two, please explain to me what those fiction ideas were, it won't be ruined. I find telling others sometimes inspires me.

I still have that Oleander and Loboto super evil team fanfiction nibbling at my intestines.

So what does anyone think about the current state of Psychonauts fanfiction, have any favorites, have any stinkers? Really, I haven't checked out the FF.net section in fear of what I might find.
 pyrohappygirl
08-05-2006, 7:37 PM
Avoid most of the slash fan fiction. Some of it is just... Wrong, like, eating a baby. Still. Some notable authors there however are...

Miss Trippy
Psychonaut Madz (Look at me, I'm blowing me own trumpet!)
Kar Aniyuki (You'll know him as King Cheez)
Spontaneous Combustion
Atrophy-Conception (I think that's Zetz dark... I'm pretty sure it is)

That's... All the not too bad or really good people. Some people I can remembere the pen name of. Anyway, take a look Klia. You may find interesting stuff...

Also, now I can't remember what the excellent brain wave I had was. But it rocked. Socks. I think I wrote the fan fiction of it though... In which case, ff net is your only answer. So, take a look around there, and be happy! Or not... Your choice.
 Klia
08-06-2006, 8:49 AM
Thank you, I'll be sure to check out their accounts, in fact I have Miss Trippy's open right now.

I've been talking to the late...hmm, what was her name.

The late whoever-was-writing-that-fanfiction-with-me and she has renewed interest in it.

I told her nuts, no way in hell is she writing another one with me but she may feel free to write her own story. We felt it was both better that way.

Through that conversation it reminded me of how much I love Oleander and Loboto and it hurts at how there is a sore lack of stories about the two. Once I got over the fact that there was not going to be some secret twist where Loboto was controlling Oleander (I just couldn't grasp the concept that he was in fact the villian) I found their relationship really interesting.

I mean they're working together to take over the world which totally makes them cool. However Loboto for some reason has found Oleander untrustworthy and seemingly weird and Loboto is a freaking madman. Oleander desperate to prove that he is a manly man has teamed up with an insane dentist and actually thinks that the plans this insane dentist comes up with might work.

How cool is that?

Oh and I'd add Tyraa Rane to the list, she's one of the best Psychonauts fanfiction writers I've come across.
 Smon
08-06-2006, 12:08 PM
Avoid most of the slash fan fiction. Some of it is just... Wrong, like, eating a baby. Still. Some notable authors there however are...

Miss Trippy (Or as you know her, Miss Mayhem)
Psychonaut Madz (Look at me, I'm blowing me own trumpet!)
Kar Aniyuki (You'll know him as King Cheez)
Spontaneous Combustion
Atrophy-Conception (I think that's Zetz dark... I'm pretty sure it is)

That's... All the not too bad or really good people. Some people I can remembere the pen name of. Anyway, take a look Klia. You may find interesting stuff...

Also, now I can't remember what the excellent brain wave I had was. But it rocked. Socks. I think I wrote the fan fiction of it though... In which case, ff net is your only answer. So, take a look around there, and be happy! Or not... Your choice.You forgot mine. :( But that's okay because I never actually used it until now (http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3089262/1/).
 DarthAve
08-06-2006, 12:19 PM
You forgot mine. :( But that's okay because I never actually used it until now (http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3089262/1/).
PYRO FORGOT MINE TOO!!

I thought we were bff's, internet style. ~Emoness~

I'm DarthAvery (http://www.fanfiction.net/~darthavery)
 Klia
08-07-2006, 7:27 AM
I think we need to suggest stories instead of authors.
 KingCheez
08-13-2006, 3:33 AM
I started a scientific experiment which dear-god-it-pains-me-to-write-please-kill-me.
 Klia
08-13-2006, 12:37 PM
I started a scientific experiment which dear-god-it-pains-me-to-write-please-kill-me.

That's happening to me too. Started an A-Z story, got to F and now I want to drop it for a different story I'm writing.

Though it wasn't at all about psychonauts.

Would you care to share any part of it?
 KingCheez
08-13-2006, 3:00 PM
*deep breath*

It has to do with the behavioral patterns of the rabid fangirl who has no respect for canon, in which I must write a shonen-ai (it IS hard to write, mainly because it's so HARD TO DO IT WHEN IT'S SO RETARDEDLY WRONG), straight, and shojo-ai. (which is still hard to do because i hate writing) Then I record how many reviews each one got.

I normally never write things I don't want to because if I don't feel the "soul" in it then it sucks ass and I hate it and so does everyone else. But this has to be done.
 Klia
08-13-2006, 5:41 PM
*deep breath*

It has to do with the behavioral patterns of the rabid fangirl who has no respect for canon, in which I must write a shonen-ai (it IS hard to write, mainly because it's so HARD TO DO IT WHEN IT'S SO RETARDEDLY WRONG), straight, and shojo-ai. (which is still hard to do because i hate writing) Then I record how many reviews each one got.

I normally never write things I don't want to because if I don't feel the "soul" in it then it sucks ass and I hate it and so does everyone else. But this has to be done.

I've done that.

I got raving reviews for all of them despite the fact that I intentionally wrote a cliched plot with many grammatical errors, bad characterization, a terrible style and even product names.
 Miss_Mayhem
08-23-2006, 12:57 AM
Sweet, I got mentioned! Since you asked for some story recommendations, here are some notable reads. I’m digging deep into the FF archives, so some searching may be in order.:

'Always the Same', by Atrophy Conception. A Romantic-Comedy with sinister undertones you should really read.

'Cerebral Soldiers', also by Atrophy, but takes place long after the events of the game, Raz has gone missing and hasn't been heard of in forevers, but thats minor compared the the rumors of a secret, rival organization thats brewing up trouble. Darker and more action packed then 'Always the Same', but I think I like it better.

'Corruption of the Mind', by AKA. A sequel to Psychonauts (ya know, the cliffhanger ending) ends up into something far more twisted when they end up on the wrong side of the law. Real cool.

'Truman's Rescue', by resident Pyro, saving Truman ends up being tougher than expected. A fun read, no doubt.

'Stuck in a Movie', by Larry Cimora. So far, just 2 chapters, but it's pretty notable considering he's new, the premise is pretty unique and makes you wonder why no one else has used it before.

'To Come and Find Me', by Lovova. A personal favorite that takes place long after the events of the game, but Raz has yet to age for mysterious reasons. That, and he is living in the 'abandoned' asylum on the lake with a crazed man bent on having an atrocious invention of his to see the light of day. Things are worse then they already seem, seeing as Raz is an amnesiac.

'In Cognito', By JintoR. A spinoff of 'Always the Same', Theft is pointing to Demure Academy, and it's up t Raz to investigate.

'Spooked', By Darth. My favorite of her stories. The campers decide to go across the lake to the asylum, hoping so see ghosts. Before WR.

'Psychonaut's Sings Queen!' By Darth. Exactly as the title says.

'The Randomly Doomed Adventures at Whispering Rock' by Banka[rasu]. Weird, wild and crazy stuff goes down at Whispering Rock. Not everyone will like it, but if you 'get it', it's hilarious.

'Next Generation', by Spontanious Combustion. Our campers are parents now, and their kids learn of some weird going-ons at the camp.

'Rascals', by Fluffle[NeCharka]. Somehow, Sasha and Milla are turned into kids, and trying to figure out how is hard when there are so many distractions, such as mutant furbies. Pretty funny.

'Cursed', by Violetwitch. It's been a while since it was updated, but I love it either way. On Raz's first mission, he gets help from a girl seeking help of her own from the Psychonauts.

'Sugar, We're Going Down', By Lunar Lilly Muse. Also been a long time since it's last update, but it has enough chapters to tide a new reader over. Raz and Lili have grown older and grown apart, but must work together when a freak accident lands the two in the Collective Unconsious.

'The Psycho Files,' By our resident pyromaniac, and unfortunately it seems as if the project has been abandoned. You should still read it though.

'All is Calm' by TheFarceHunter, a really well written Pnauts sequel.

‘King of Fools’ by Night’s Nocturne. A new fic with a lot of promise that delves into the history between the Galochio’s and Aquato’s till the present day.

‘The Shoemaker’s Son’ by Carcaotar or something...there are a myriad of Sasha/Milla fics, but this has to be one of the best. The two are always in character, and little actual fluff occurs, seeing as the two never openly admit anything. In fact, some sneakery is in order, but it is still very well written, especially the end.

‘Forumites Attack’ By Psychonauts Madz, a Razputin.net/Psychonauts crossover chock-full of insider jokes.

‘The Essence of Fear’ by StitchedObscuration, a prequel(?) To Psychonauts, it details the events of a young Sasha and Milla’s first mission.

‘Rescue’ by Magewriter, yes another ‘let’s save Truman’ fic...that happens to focus more on the lives of Raz and Lili. Another luvit or hate it, you really have to read to decide for yourself.

‘The Awesomest Summer’ by KarAniyuki (Who is this Aniyuki of the kars of which you speak?), the insane and the zany peters into the lives of our favorite campers, from hellish busrides to jam sessions.

Orange Haze’, By FluffleNeCharka (who seems to have sadly disappeared from the site making only a few ‘cameo’s now and then), Raz has been accused of setting Lili insane. He must clear his name within X hours, but is he really responsible? Even sadder, it’s sequel, ‘Blue Blaze’ has been deleted. Look up her profile and she’s rid of at least 3 Pnauts related ficlets.

‘Something Wicked Comes this Way’, by Alistar2410. Raz and Lili return to WR, only to land themselves in trouble with an escaped experiment.

‘The Awsomer Day’, By KarAniyuki. Mary-Sue killing! That is enough to make it AWESOME, which it is.

‘The Awsomest Day’ By the aforementioned Aniyuki of Kars. Prequel in a sense, and yes, it inspired AsoP (A Summer of Psychics)

Sealed Doorways’ By Jak0TheShadows. Not real sure what it’s about anymore, but I know it was rather dark and really good.

Out of 6 pages worth of fanficcery, and I’ve dug up the best of the best of the best. I might make a separate entry for one-shots (only like 2-3 were mentioned). The real sad thing is that many of the better ones were deleted since the authors gave up on updating them. Blue Blaze for example (though Fluffle seems to have just vanished, as did others like Magewriter). And many fics have just spent ages without updates. I wont mention mine, others can do that for me.
 KingCheez
08-23-2006, 7:24 AM
Ugh this makes me want to write a serious story
 Klia
08-23-2006, 7:38 AM
I started with Corruption of the Mind and I'll do the new guys story next, I'm not quite sure of what to make of this story. I like it, I just don't know what to make of it.
 darlimondoll
08-23-2006, 11:15 AM
Last two, please explain to me what those fiction ideas were, it won't be ruined. I find telling others sometimes inspires me.

Just some older Crystal/Clemness. So probably nothing anybody would wanna read.
But basically, over time Crystal has learned to cope with her problems, but Clem has only gotten worse. Crystal tracks down her old friend and tries to help him. Milla and my oc Alegria are also there for some reason. There's also some flashbackyness to their last year at camp, and Crystal's turning point.

Mostly I doubt it'll ever come into existence because it's a bit serious for my tatses. And I'm not all that into fanfiction anyway.
 pyrohappygirl
08-24-2006, 1:03 AM
PYRO FORGOT MINE TOO!!

I thought we were bff's, internet style. ~Emoness~

I'm DarthAvery (http://www.fanfiction.net/~darthavery)

OMG sorry Darth!

Also, to complete Darth's list, I have got magical shiny oneshots!

The wind cries Mary, by Darth Avery- A lost camper's diary as she talks about her last days on Earth...

Surreality, by Miss Trippy- Milla and Sasha share a nightmare.

Kissing a fool, by Darth Avery- A portrail of the moment when Lili and Elton fell out.

Horrorific, by Darh Avery- (Yes Darth, another one of yours) Several Psychonauts characters go to see a certain film...

Barefoot, by Angelbloodshinra- Bobby and Chloe chat and stuff.

Under the wall, by Nefalkarx- Raz and Lili go skinny dipping.

Cerice, by Lovova- An insane pyromaniac reminisces on some very horrible deeds. (Note the fact that the character used is mine)

When did THAT happen? by Grovecityfan- A collection of really weird and funny quotes.

Sam X Linda, by Magewriter- A cute story about our favorite denizens of the deepish Lake Oblongata.

Monty Python's mental patient, by Starlight's delight- Raz meets some crazy frenchmen in Fred's mind. (Crossover with Monty Python)

I don't drink, thanks, by TheFarceHunter- Sasha's at a party. You can guess what kind of anti-social behavior this causes.

The awesomest day, by KarAniyuki- Maloof fell asleep forever. That... Gives anyone who reads this an idea of what happens. EVEN BETTER than the other awesomest (insert time period here) fanfics.

The awesomer day, by KarAniyuki- A really funny fanfic with Mary Sues, potato sculptures and more!

She does this little thing, by Narcotic Dollie- Sasha and Milla, now married, go out with the now adult Raz and Lili. Chaos ensues.

Dare Me, by Narcotic Dollie- Sasha loses a bet to Morry.

Why Sasha gets no M&Ms, by Lily23- Sasha goes on a sugar high.

And, in summary, that's it. I didn't put any of my stuff there because it wouldn't seem right. I'm egotistical. Anyway, Darth and I seem to have put up the best fanfics around! Everyone go stare blindly at them while you mind turns to goo!
 Smon
08-24-2006, 3:53 AM
Monty Python's mental patient, by Starlight's delight- Raz meets some crazy frenchmen in Fred's mind. (Crossover with Monty Python)
..where is this story and where can I die for it's cause.

Though the name could use work, Monty Python's Prying Psychics is better. Because it sounds vaguely like Monty Python's Flying Circus.
 DarthAve
08-24-2006, 3:07 PM
Yes, and please read my fiction, because I WANT REVIEWS!! Because when I get reviews, I'll write more of Kissing A Fool.

Anyone notice how I always pretty much title my fanfics with songs by Michael Buble or Jimi Hendrix?
 pyrohappygirl
08-24-2006, 11:17 PM
Haha, except for 'Psychonauts characters sing Queen!' Because, I mean, that's like, just talking about Queen. Also, Darth, your obsession with Queen helped me in a music quiz once!
~cheers loudly~
Yay for Darth! And for fashion shows!
 Miss_Mayhem
08-26-2006, 2:21 PM
It's sad how some of the best fanfics get deleted. I really liked Blue Blaze and this Raz/Lili vamp fic that is gone at this point. I suppose the authors realize that they wont get around to updating the story anymore and delete it. I think it's better if they simply let it die quietly so newbies get the chance to read it later. Or have a fan complete the story for them, that is the best that can become of an abandoned fic. Lovova did that for one of her stories and things worked out fine until she got back and could complete it herself.

If it's any consolation, Pnauts seems to have a more dedicated fanbase then alot of the best-selling games. Splinter Cell is a big seller and has only 30 something fics, God Of War has less than that, and Prince of Persia, which has more fanficcery possibilities than aforementioned has less than a 100.

But still...and when favorite authors go as well, it's kinda brings you down a bit too. I've been reading Pnauts fanfics on FF since there were only 3 pages worth of fanfiction (most 1shots), and longtime readers see how the community changes in terms of popular subjects, the number of fics added and the authors. 2 I can mention are Fluffle and Magewriter. FluffleNeCharka is infamous for her slash here, but she was more known for the sheer amounf of fanfics she's written on FF. Most were 1shots and/or drabbles, and I admit that I'm not too compelled to read most 1shots unless they're humor since the subject matter is rather limited to romances and I dont even really like to put fluff in my own stories, but she has also written some very good action/adventureish type things. She was once real active and well-recieved but she's mostly gone now.

Magewriter was another. Her writing style is very passive and pacifist, but her writing is still good. She dropped a Psychonauts version of Pride and prejudice sadly enough, I doubt she'll continue. Seeing as she's an FF bud I actually keep in contact with, I've beta'd a few of her newer fics, and she's of now really into Radiata Stories (I'm not too sure of the name). She's gotten alot better in her writing, so I'd like to see more Pnauts fics from her, but I doubt she will.
 pyrohappygirl
08-27-2006, 1:30 AM
I could help out with you there, Mayhem. I've read 'A summer of psychics' several times, and know it pretty well.

Also, I never noticed that the Raz and Lili vampire fanfiction disappeared. Weird... That was really good.

Also, for anyone here who reads Truman's Rescue, I would like to say that I haven't abandoned it, I've just... OK, to tell you the truth, I have a bit of writer's block. Here's what I have so far in the new chapter. PM me if you could help out. I know what direction I want it to go in, I just need a push.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sasha pressed his fingers to the back of Maximilian’s neck. Maximilian laughed gently, although the noise still managed to sound like a threesome of donkeys.
“I don’t need to explain what I’ll do if you move,” Sasha chuckled, his normally warm, cheerful voice cold with hatred.
“Haha, I see you haven’t changed,” Maximilian cheered as the man shoved his fingers in harder.
“Tell me how you did it,” Sasha hissed.
“Oh, I think you know that,” Maximilian said, a slight smile coming to his face.
“But what I really need to know is how you found me,”
“Oh, but I would think it obvious Maximilian!” Sasha cheered, a sneer beginning to form on his face.
“You think everything is obvious, Sasha. But only you can ever truly understand these things,” Maximilian toyed, rolling and deliberating each word to make sure it sounded perfect.
“That’s because everything that’s happened… Is simply, deliciously, delightfully simple,” Sasha giggled. Maximilian smiled at him.
“That, my dear friend, is exactly what I thought you would say,” Maximilian muttered, a sneer on his face.
“Why do you say that?” Sasha asked, a smirk on his face. Maximilian laughed.
“Why, Sasha my friend! I thought everything was simple? What a change of heart you’ve had. But now, I’m afraid, it is time for you to lose something… Very dear,” Maximilian cackled.
“No,” Sasha muttered.
“Yes,” Maximilian hissed.
“It’s all up to a simple game… Of mind power,” Maximilian chuckled, summoning a psycho portal out of seemingly nowhere.
“Prepare for the fight of your life, Sasha Nein,”
“I’m ready,”

XXX

Milla tore up the hall with her long stilettos, traveling at speeds high enough that she could outrun a cheetah. Probably not, but nevertheless, she was going very fast.
“Wait for us!” Raz cried. But Milla was determined. She would not let them get away… She would not let Sasha get away…
“Wait!” The others called after her, but she paid no attention. All that mattered was him. Because he… Was the only partner she wanted.

XXX

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anyway, that update and more coming soon! I haven't abandoned anything... Also, next chapter of 'Always and forever' all done. Check out the site for it!

Pyro
 Paranoidish
08-27-2006, 11:23 AM
-Sigh- I signed into Paranoidish's account again.
 Klia
08-27-2006, 11:25 AM
-Yep, I was the one who forced her to register by registering her an account, so sometimes I don't think and log in as her-

I remember the first Psychonauts fanfic and I read all of the first 5 pages until I lost faith in the FF.net section of Psychonauts.

My problem with most Psychonauts fanfiction is that it has too serious of a tone. It seems people enjoyed the game for its quirkiness but would much rather turn the quirks into something much darker, which loses the surreal psychotic happiness feeling that Psychonauts gave off.

That and the romance section really throws me off. Instead of having the two characters interact in character, as the crazy people they are, they become hollow shells that follow tired paths to romance. Some will even go so far as to change the character's appearance for no reason but to make them more attractive.

I would love to write Psychonauts fanfiction myself, but it's the same reason why I don't write Simpsons fanfiction. The feeling of both is very hard to pin without becoming sappy, akward, or just plain mediocre. I'm reading over my old fanfiction and cringing.

I'd still like to give a crack at it one of these days.

=====
pyrohappygirl
The part where Max turns against Sasha is very quick, build up to it, it just seems strange that all of a sudden he would turn on him when they're having so much fun. That, or add malice to the first part where they're talking.

Milla tore up the hall with her long stilettos, traveling at speeds high enough that she could outrun a cheetah. Probably not, but nevertheless, she was going very fast.
This seems very out of place in the context of your story. If you had done this throughout your story, it would have made more sense, but here it just sounds akward.
 Miss_Mayhem
08-27-2006, 11:50 AM
Meh, some of the stories I pointed out are more light-hearted. And yeah, I feel ya on the romance, it can be hard to pull it off well.
 Klia
08-27-2006, 11:58 AM
Meh, some of the stories I pointed out are more light-hearted. And yeah, I feel ya on the romance, it can be hard to pull it off well.

Hey, just to prove that I can't do it, I'm going to link you to my old Boyd fanfiction. It might be good for a laugh or two.

http://xmchord.livejournal.com/833.html)
 DarthAve
08-27-2006, 2:25 PM
Kiki, I'm forbidden. And I'm working on a new chapter of Kissing a Fool.
 Miss_Mayhem
08-27-2006, 3:15 PM
@ Pyro: Pretty good so far, but Sasha's voice is n't warm, even when he's happy his tone is cold and concise. Sasha also doesn't giggle, a simple laugh will suffice in his case.
 Klia
08-27-2006, 4:21 PM
Kiki, I'm forbidden. And I'm working on a new chapter of Kissing a Fool.

Forbidden from the page?
 DarthAve
08-27-2006, 4:37 PM
It's a 403 forbidden.
 Klia
08-27-2006, 5:13 PM
 Miss_Mayhem
08-27-2006, 5:26 PM
I hate when websites do that, just buggy I suppose. I dunno, I rather liked the Boyd fic, but the second one I couldn't read. 403 forbidden. Psha, either the URL wasn't ttyped in correctly or it's RD. As of now, i'ts not letting me change avatars T^T
 Klia
08-27-2006, 5:34 PM
Whoops I had it locked

http://xmchord.livejournal.com/544.html)
 DarthAve
08-27-2006, 5:36 PM
YAY!!!

Kinda sad that we never finished out Psychonauts/DF crossover. I even had the plot set out where Dr. Loboto stole 2HB and they had a grand adventure.
 Miss_Mayhem
08-27-2006, 5:44 PM
Hey, dont beat yourself up, I liked it. So, if you have and FF account but dont put up any fics your account can be deleted? Hmm, didn't know that. Consider yourself invited to my party below.
 Klia
08-27-2006, 5:50 PM
YAY!!!

Kinda sad that we never finished out Psychonauts/DF crossover. I even had the plot set out where Dr. Loboto stole 2HB and they had a grand adventure.

That would be fun to write, though I'm currently writing other things now. I'm having a lot of trouble starting something, I need to hit on a story that I'm going to enjoy.

Thanks for appreciating my stories both of you, if you don't mind going over there and reviewing by telling me what you like and don't like, I'd appreciate it.

It can be deleted, it doesn't happen too often but every once in a while they have a clean out. I'm already at the party...univited of course.
 Miss_Mayhem
08-27-2006, 6:23 PM
How did you get past the dancing cows??? Oh well, just make sure to leave the dancing monkeys alone, they are very sensitive about their dancing talent and can be quite the biters *rubs wound*. I'd comment, but I don't have an LJ. Just a crappy, boring MySpace account I should just delete already becuz I never go on.
 DarthAve
08-27-2006, 6:35 PM
I'm in the party. I snuck in through that hole in the wall. ~points to a giant hole in the wall~

And I'm probably gonna finish this next chapter before friday. Unless I forget about it!
 Klia
08-27-2006, 7:17 PM
I mean comment on FF.net!

Looking foward to the next chapter, yes I am.
 pyrohappygirl
08-27-2006, 11:45 PM
Woot! Updatishness! Always and forever is now more... Long. Wow that was bad grammar. Anyway.

If anyone wants to co-author any of my fics with me, then, uh... Ask away. I need all the help I can get, except with Always and Forever.

So, anyway, any huge fans of anything, ask away if you would like to help write it!

Pyro
 Miss_Mayhem
08-28-2006, 12:51 AM
PL0T BUNNY! After reading some hilarious parodies retelling other games...why dont we (anyone interested that is) retell the tale of Raz's adventure at Whispering Rock! It would be awesome.

Preview of story that shall never exist:

1. "The Human mind...icky, mushy, pink and grey, a six pound pile of dreams, nightmares, self-pity, woe, memory, random thoughts, and limited imagination," barked a short man with baton in hand.

2. Raz frowned and knelt next to his squat, blue, new-found friend, "They may come for me Dogan. But they'll be looking for Raz, the rebellious, spunky and rather dimwitted boy that liked to let the animals loose during performances. But what they wont know, what they wont expect, is Raz, the rebellious, spunky, slightly less dimwitted boy that likes to let the animals out of their cages during performances with a government warrant."

"Then, then you'll make their heads explode?" Dogan asked innocently.

"No, it wasn't in mind at first but it's a good idea...Do you do that?"

"No, no...well once maybe. My teacher was acting like a total beeyotch. I sure taught her."

3. "So, is this the part where I get a big lecture that I will ignore so I end up repeating my mistakes time and time again?" Raz asked.

"No, though that last part will still hold true nonetheless," Sasha groaned, "let us never speak of this again, besides, I'll be late for my soap. GET OUT OF MY MIND ALREADY! Geez..."
 Klia
08-28-2006, 8:52 AM
That would be a pretty good idea, a parody of the game.

With parodies, a good thing to capitilize on is the faults in the game and exaggeration of the character's personalities. The hard part with Psychonauts is that they were already wacky.

And absolutely no inside jokes. Those always ruin parodies.
EDIT: When Raz meets Boyd we could have a joke where Boyd is making perfect sense, pleading to be let off the island but Raz is convinced he's insane.

Sounds more gruesome when I type it out.
 Miss_Mayhem
08-28-2006, 12:20 PM
Ooh, now I want to do it even more.

Boyd sane? LOL!
Page: 24 of 28