Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

The Official Fanfiction Thread

Page: 25 of 28
 DarthAve
08-28-2006, 5:41 PM
Just updated Chapter 3 of kissin'.

I'm gonna write more after that, I'm just gonna do some PRslash.
 Paranoidish
08-28-2006, 6:28 PM
I'd be interested in writing some Psychonauts related fanfiction. I can't even remember the last time I've written some. It'd be good to spark the 'ol geek/author in me.
 pyrohappygirl
08-28-2006, 11:49 PM
Woot! I decided to write PATD related Psychonauts songfics... I'm a loser... Hehe.
 Paranoidish
08-29-2006, 6:19 AM
No you're not. I'm going off to read them right now as we speak.

Well not speak, per say, but you get the idea.

Edit: I clicked on your fanfiction link and it said that you were an invalid user. >_>
 pyrohappygirl
08-29-2006, 7:02 PM
Ahh, yes. I must fix that. It shall be less glitchy very soon!
 Paranoidish
08-30-2006, 6:45 AM
Yay! It works!
 pyrohappygirl
09-01-2006, 3:40 AM
Great. Now I get more publicity... Hehehehe...
 Klia
09-13-2006, 3:59 PM
Title: Loboto loves Oleander
Fandom: Psychonauts
Rating: G-men
Notes: You guys made me do this, you guys and your crazy pairing ideas. That and I decided this would be a good time to write about my favorite evil duo. Loboto and Oleander never really interact in the game and that made me sad. One's a madman and one's being driven mad, why isn't Schafer's amazing genius being applied?

X-posted to fanfiction.net (http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3126622/3/)

----

Loboto loves Oleander, more precisely, Loboto loves Oleander's brain. But now he can't do anything about it. Right now he was to poke and prod camper's brains in some silly plot to take over the world or such but Loboto doesn't really care. He's waiting for the day he will be able to poke and prod Oleander's brain.

This newfound desire came to him when he heard Oleander explaining the take-over of Lungfisholplis under the guise of Kochamara before moving on to describe the inner workings of the ultimate terror he was going to wreck upon the world, otherwise known as the Brain Tumbler.

This was indeed one crazy man.

But Loboto had simply sat in his crooked chair, slowly rocking one leg back and forth all the while thinking, as he found himself oft doing. He couldn't take out Oleander's brain right now-otherwise they won't be able to conquer the earth and all of this world-conquering will be good research for his experiments. So he waits through these long, often pointless discussions Oleander always feels is needed. In fact, Oleander was sitting him through one right now complaining about the elevator guard (Crispin was it?) and how he should be able to go freely up and down the tower whenever he damn well feels like it.

Loboto is pleased despite all of this. Pleased to be taking out people's brains, watch over asylum patients and tell Sheegor what to do. Things like this are very pleasing and to be thinking about them right now, makes him so happy he feels like hugging himself but stops, realizing how ridiculous he will look.

So when Oleander breaks his long-winded speech in order to organize some out of order notes, Loboto jumps up to embrace him in a tight, too-friendly hug.

Oleander is so pleased he forgets all about the speech.
 Paranoidish
09-13-2006, 4:59 PM
Aww, what a sweet ending. I really like the ambigious nature of the piece.

Just..*luffs*
 DarthAve
09-13-2006, 5:15 PM
That was loverly Klia.

I'm working on a Leet Circus style tribute.

It's basically

Willy Wonka and the chocolate factory+Crack+Psychonauts.

In other words...SASHA NEIN AND THE CHOCOLATE FACTORY!!
 Paranoidish
09-13-2006, 5:18 PM
Now that I can get back to using (somewhat) grammatically-correct English, I'd like to try my hand at a crack pairing. Anyone got any ideas?

If I do find a pairing that I'd like to write, I could probably get it done sometime around the weekend. I know that's not very specific but I'm not a very specific person.
 DarthAve
09-13-2006, 5:41 PM
crack pairing...

Agent!Cruller/Oleander
 Klia
09-13-2006, 7:56 PM
Or scarier, Crispin/Gloria...

wait I'm writing that.

Oh and everyone go back one page, it seems my Loboto/Oleander story was posted too far down the page.
 DarthAve
09-13-2006, 8:01 PM
I saw untruism's on the first page. It's right under my excellent new crossover Mark 'n Tony go to Whispering Rock!!! Which shall be updated as soon as I get 3 comments.
 Klia
09-14-2006, 2:57 PM
I saw untruism's on the first page. It's right under my excellent new crossover Mark 'n Tony go to Whispering Rock!!! Which shall be updated as soon as I get 3 comments.

That was one major plug.
 DarthAve
09-14-2006, 4:01 PM
But you still didn't comment on it. :'(
 Klia
09-14-2006, 4:29 PM
But you still didn't comment on it. :'(

What? I totally did as a guest named Klia.
 DarthAve
09-14-2006, 4:37 PM
YaY!!

Friendship powa!!
 Klia
09-14-2006, 4:46 PM
YaY!!

Friendship powa!!

*Punches arm*
 Paranoidish
09-15-2006, 6:45 PM
crack pairing...

Agent!Cruller/Oleander

Hmm,interesting, and sounds fun.

But hard, I'd have to plan this one out...alot
 Klia
09-15-2006, 7:04 PM
Hmm,interesting, and sounds fun.

But hard, I'd have to plan this one out...alot

I would suggest us collaberate on us if we hadn't had that experience.
 Paranoidish
09-15-2006, 7:34 PM
I would suggest us collaberate on us if we hadn't had that experience.

Yes...that.

Uh, just between you and me, what are we talking about that we both seem to know?
 Klia
09-15-2006, 8:17 PM
Yes...that.

Uh, just between you and me, what are we talking about that we both seem to know?

Have you forgotten our collaboration experience?

I'm having an itch to write a Crispin/Gloria from Fred's view but not so much as the rash I have from my original idea.
 DarthAve
09-15-2006, 9:47 PM
No Crispen/Gloria.

'Psychonauts Sings Queen' Proves that Crispen/Sheegor is the new Thorney Towers it couple.
 Paranoidish
09-19-2006, 6:38 PM
I'm writing the story, just experiencing a massive case of writer's block. So it may be a while.
 Digitaldreamer
09-20-2006, 4:45 PM
Well, I suppose since I've joined I may as well start with posting this, now shouldn't I?

...please don't throw things at me. I brought cookies!

Right...sooo once upon a time there was a girl named Digitaldreamer. This girl played a game named Psychonauts. She was happy. All was good in the Country of Digi.

And then the plot bunnies came. They attacked, swarming the countryside and consuming all in their path, growing larger and larger. Soon enough the bunnies had all merged into the one, the only BUNNYZILLA! Bunnyzilla proceeded to go on a rampage through the Country of Digi. After a week or so of this Digi finally decided that the only way to appease the horrific beast was to write the fic.

I could ramble on and on, but at it's basis the idea came from but one wish, to take Raz's background and expand on it like crazy. When I was playing the game I couldn't help but think there could have been so much more done with his family's curse by the Galochio's, as well as the whole “our family has many enemies” deal... and thus, this was spawned. We've got a fic here that's going to attempt to go deep into Raz's family history and cover everything from the reason to why the Galochio's cursed them, why Raz's dad's entire family was killed by psychics, why Raz's dad wouldn't let Raz use his powers, and probably a whole lot more that I can't be bothered to type here.

Granted, I will probably fail at this attempt. But I'm trying, and this is what I have so far:

Cursum Perficio (http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3131245/1/): Six years after Raz became a Psychonaut the the nightmares started, whispers of Lili and a terrible darkness. He can never fully remember these night terrors, but he's sure of one thing...he has to get to Whispering Rock, before something awful happens...

It shall be long. And it shall be crazy. And yes, while it shall be a bit dark, I'm going to do my best to make sure it retains that Psychonaut-y flavour we all adore. I've got three chapters so far, and I'd be honoured if you guys would be willing to take a look, pehaps pop me a review and tell me how I'm doing.

I also have a quick vaguely Sasha/Milla one-shot, since I do adore those two so:

Of Sickness and Sunglasses: (http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3119503/1/) In which Sasha claims he's not sick in the least, but Milla says otherwise.

Er...yes...

...alright, I'll shut up now. You can stop throwing things.
 DarthAve
09-20-2006, 8:42 PM
SO YOU WROTE THAT???

Are you familar with 'Moondance' and 'Kissing a Fool'? Cause I wrote thosez.
 Digitaldreamer
09-20-2006, 8:49 PM
Erm....I...suppose it depends on which "that" you're referring to. o_o;;

And I've heard of them, haven't got a chance to read them yet, though I'll be sure to review when I do. *nodnod*
 Miss_Mayhem
09-23-2006, 12:31 PM
*Glomps Digi* Those stories rock sox that eat feet HARD!
 Klia
09-23-2006, 1:32 PM
Why would you delete your story?
 DarthAve
09-23-2006, 1:43 PM
But it's is awesome!! I should delete Mark and Tony go to Whispering Rock, because apparently nobody get's it.
 Digitaldreamer
09-23-2006, 1:45 PM
Awww, don't delete Elusive Insanity! I'm loving it so far!

If you really can't think of how to continue it, just post a notice saying you're not going to finish it. Don't delete it though, the two chapters you have still make for a pretty good read.

...right, okay, Imma shut up and get back to writing.
 Miss_Mayhem
09-23-2006, 3:27 PM
*snip*
 Digitaldreamer
09-23-2006, 4:03 PM
Ahhh. Well in that case it may be a good idea to write the rewrite, then delete the original and put up the rewrite. *nodnod*

Or you could just post the new chapters and go back and edit the old chapters whenever you feel like it. *shrugs* I know the feeling.
 Miss_Mayhem
09-23-2006, 5:28 PM
*snip*
 Digitaldreamer
09-24-2006, 10:12 PM
Behold, chapter four (http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3131245/4/) of Cursum Perficio is up! Read on, my lovely readers, read on!

...Or you could just, you know, not read. That works too. But if you did and left a review, that'd be neat.

Here's a summary for you lucky people:

The attempts at working out Raz's nightmares through the brain tumbler was a total mess, but Raz and Sasha don't have time to worry about that now. One of the campers has been attacked, and she's in no condition to explain anything about her attacker. Our favorite Psychonauts have no choice but to take a look into her mind...but what will they find there?
 Ray_the_psychic
09-25-2006, 11:14 AM
I enjoyed the Orlando Bloom Shrine, Mini Shopping mall, and then the stowed away baby stuff. rotflmaool
 Klia
09-27-2006, 3:16 PM
Digtal, I just realized, I never read your story. For the longest time I was convinced that I was keeping up to date with it but I haven't even read one sentence.

So you get the printing treatment. Since it's so long and I only have about 10 minutes on the computer each day (thanks to my classes) I print out anything that will take me more than 10 minutes. Then I'll review each and every chapter. I'll even use my DF pen.
 Digitaldreamer
09-27-2006, 3:23 PM
Wow, I get the printing treatment?

...should I feel special or should I be scared? o.o;;
 Klia
09-27-2006, 6:01 PM
Scared, very, very scared.
 Digitaldreamer
09-27-2006, 8:44 PM
Oh dear. I quake with terror.

Uweeeh, I sure hope it's not too terrible...
 Klia
09-28-2006, 3:33 PM
Oh dear. I quake with terror.

Uweeeh, I sure hope it's not too terrible...

Good, your on. No, it just means that I'm more likely to go over each and every sentence and review it.

Remember, more likely. As of lately my GPA has been falling way behind and I've been swamped with homework. In fact, I'm alternating between this and math as we speak.

Or I speak.
 Digitaldreamer
09-28-2006, 4:22 PM
I'm not seriously that scared. XD A bit nervous, but I guess this will be a true test to see if my work can take the heat of the critics fire, I suppose.

By all means, review it however you'd like. I'm not picky or anything. If it's terrible, tell me.
 Miss_Mayhem
09-28-2006, 4:59 PM
Has anyone noticed that fanfiction.net is taking longer than usual to load it's pages? I'm trying to access it right now, but damn is it taking long!
 Digitaldreamer
09-28-2006, 5:02 PM
Aye, it's not even loading for me....strange.
 Miss_Mayhem
09-28-2006, 5:13 PM
I knew it wasn't just me! It loads then slaps you with a 505 erorr. And I wanted to reply to the RP! Gah, I suppose I'll hafta wait for it to clear up or something. FF can be spotty at times. There were occasions it wouldn't let me review, or upload docs.
 Digitaldreamer
09-28-2006, 5:23 PM
Ahhh, yes.

Well, on the bright side, it may be a good idea to wait for levova to post and give us the setting of our hysterical kid's mind, but if things are like this for her too she won't be able to post anyway...

...This is why I dislike using Fanfiction.net forums. When the pit goes down, they go with it.
 Miss_Mayhem
09-28-2006, 5:29 PM
They also wont let you italisize or bold or underline! That is what really gets to me. IMO, I think they should have just aquired VBulletin. VB was the first forum-program I'd ever used (on a website that seems to not exist any longer) and I absolutely loved it. I had accounts on other forums, but the actual forum program wasnt nearly as nice. That was one reason I joined RD, they use VBulletin. And FF could use it too...it's not like they cant tailor it to fit their color scheme!
 Digitaldreamer
09-28-2006, 5:49 PM
Ugh, no kidding. X_x That drives me nuts. -These- can only get you so far...

Hmmm, VBulletin, eh? I do like VBulletin so, though I'm most used to InvisionFree since that's what the forum my friend Duo and I run uses...

Fanfiction.net's forums are pretty bad, overall. But hey, at least they're better than the 4kids forums. Now those were/still are horrifying.
 Miss_Mayhem
09-28-2006, 5:53 PM
One wonders why they even tried to make their own... all that is possible is THIS and -this-. Not much else. Not good for a RP especially.
Page: 25 of 28